PDA

View Full Version : Time Change for Saturday May 21st - Kick off now 5pm

SuperTCP
05-17-2016, 10:18 AM
I just been informed by my TFC Group Sales rep that game on May 21st kick off has been moved to 5pm due to Raptors playoff game

Phil
05-17-2016, 10:25 AM
yup...confirmed

Voodooman
05-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Damn it...means I can't go anymore.

Salty

zeelaw
05-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Umm, I couldn't even make this game, yet this pisses me off? Am I alone in that?

FRANKIE65
05-17-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm good with it...back in Woodstock by 9-9:30 instead of midnight - 12:30 AM.

eustacchio
05-17-2016, 11:38 AM
Umm, I couldn't even make this game, yet this pisses me off? Am I alone in that?

Well, they could at least update the schedule online

Pint
05-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Well, they could at least update the schedule online

Neither the club nor the network have announced it happening officially. The info leaked and i'm sure the rep who leaked the info will be getting an earful from people higher up in sales.

OgtheDim
05-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Hmmm....Sportsnet made the call. I wonder if TSN would have if they had the Raptors 3rd game.

Nodoubtguy
05-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Love the change......this way I can make TFC and be home in time for Raps tip off. This is a great move for anyone who was conflicted.

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Neither the club nor the network have announced it happening officially. The info leaked and i'm sure the rep who leaked the info will be getting an earful from people higher up in sales.

I had it confirmed with someone at MLSE too. I am sure whomever is showing TFC, this week being Sportnet would have wanted the TFC game moved up to avoid a complete rattings disaster.

Pint
05-17-2016, 12:17 PM
I had it confirmed with someone at MLSE too. I am sure whomever is showing TFC, this week being Sportnet would have wanted the TFC game moved up to avoid a complete rattings disaster.

I've had it confirmed as well, doesn't mean they want the info out before they announce it at a time that is coming up very quickly.

The reason for the move it pretty simple both for network and for the team (ratings of nothing and the casual fan not showing up).

ensco
05-17-2016, 12:31 PM
The Raps first home game in an ECF will be MLSE's biggest event since the Leafs were in the Conference Final 14 years ago (and maybe bigger than that, really). Not hard to understand.

Justin10000
05-17-2016, 12:34 PM
I'm personally happy for the time change. Gives me time to catch the Raptors game.

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2016, 12:41 PM
I've had it confirmed as well, doesn't mean they want the info out before they announce it at a time that is coming up very quickly.

The reason for the move it pretty simple both for network and for the team (ratings of nothing and the casual fan not showing up).

I would have been curius how many people who had previously bought TFC tickets would have simpy not shown up?

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2016, 12:43 PM
The Raps first home game in an ECF will be MLSE's biggest event since the Leafs were in the Conference Final 14 years ago (and maybe bigger than that, really). Not hard to understand.

Totally from a TV standpoint, TFC's ratings up against the Raptors would have been killed. With the game close to a sellout I would have been curious how many people would have simply not shown up at BMO and let their tickets go to waste. Companies have bought suites too.

GabrielHurl
05-17-2016, 12:45 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/732624598047588353

Pint
05-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Yep the game is still on sportsnet one

FRANKIE65
05-17-2016, 12:48 PM
I couldn't care less about the Raptors, but, it is definitely a smart move over all.

Detroit_TFC
05-17-2016, 12:53 PM
I know this may be an inconvenience to those who have made plans around the published kick off times, but it means I can make the game now, so I'm happy.

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2016, 12:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CirN8p4WgAIROcE.jpg

eustacchio
05-17-2016, 01:00 PM

Really? I mean, why would they wait? Bad news does not age well.

Fort York Redcoat
05-17-2016, 01:03 PM
All I care about is room at Joe's for a post match pint.

paul-collins
05-17-2016, 01:07 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/732624598047588353

And now here

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/05/17/time-change-toronto-fc-vs-columbus-crew-sc

Pint
05-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Really? I mean, why would they wait? Bad news does not age well.

Best guesses would be waiting on league approval and/or marlies playoff tickets going on sale at noon and not wanting to dump too much info out on accounts at once.

C.Ronaldo
05-17-2016, 01:39 PM

i got an email 1:30

i assume it was official for the rep

C.Ronaldo
05-17-2016, 01:41 PM
I couldn't care less about the Raptors, but, it is definitely a smart move over all.

would it be okay if it was for the Argos? :hide:

FRANKIE65
05-17-2016, 01:58 PM
would it be okay if it was for the Argos? :hide:

LMAO...The only Toronto team I care less about. I'll actually watch the Raptors a tiny bit in the playoffs. The Argos, and, the entire 8 team farce of a league CFL can....

Joe Kool
05-17-2016, 02:02 PM
This actually works out better for me this weekend so I am happy about it. Sucks if it changes anyone's ability to go to the game for the worst though. At least it is not 1PM start because then I would have been upset.

GabrielHurl
05-17-2016, 02:20 PM
LMAO...The only Toronto team I care less about. I'll actually watch the Raptors a tiny bit in the playoffs. The Argos, and, the entire 8 team farce of a league CFL can....

9 team league

Laiping
05-17-2016, 02:59 PM
I'm happy with the time change especially with our weather changing by the minute!

habstfc
05-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Hate it. I had babysitter lined up, probably can't do it now. I think most people would have gone to TFC game anyway, regardless of Raptors, unless of course their up 2-0 or tied 1-1 which I don't see happening.

SoccMan2
05-17-2016, 05:43 PM
So let's say it's November and TFC is playing a semi final home game (LOL) game at say 700PM and the Raptors have a regular season home game at the ACC at the same time, does the Raptor game get changed to an earlier time? I doubt it and if this scenario were to actually happen and the Raptor game does not get changed then it would make TFC and the MLS look really bush, just saying. Moreover, if the Raptor game stays at the same time do they even have score updates of the TFC game like we had at BMO for the recent Raptor playoff game and last years Blue Jays playoff game, I highly doubt it which would show you exactly were TFC stands in terms of pro sports in Toronto, right next to the Rock and just behind the Argos, sadly!

Onyx
05-17-2016, 06:50 PM
looks like its so the game gets on tv before the memorial cup game.
sportsnet treats TFC like shit

Cas87
05-17-2016, 06:56 PM
looks like its so the game gets on tv before the memorial cup game.
sportsnet treats TFC like shit

Its actually for Game 3 of the Eastern Final for the Raps (first at home for this round).

I feel as though this is a combo of Sportsnet moving it away from being against the Raps (ratings), and some crowd control between the two events and a long weekend in the city.

My 2 cents.

ensco
05-17-2016, 06:57 PM
So let's say it's November and TFC is playing a semi final home game (LOL) game at say 700PM and the Raptors have a regular season home game at the ACC at the same time, does the Raptor game get changed to an earlier time? I doubt it and if this scenario were to actually happen and the Raptor game does not get changed then it would make TFC and the MLS look really bush, just saying. Moreover, if the Raptor game stays at the same time do they even have score updates of the TFC game like we had at BMO for the recent Raptor playoff game and last years Blue Jays playoff game, I highly doubt it which would show you exactly were TFC stands in terms of pro sports in Toronto, right next to the Rock and just behind the Argos, sadly!

Raps regular season and TFC playoffs would draw about the same (250K).

Raps Saturday night may pull 2M or more and outdraw TFC regular season 20x or something.

If I were the NHL I would seriously think about moving the hockey game Saturday night to Saturday afternoon, as it will get absolutely clobbered too. Even the severely reduced Canadian ratings still matter to the NHL (they get, say, 3M in the US and 750K in Canada for a final four game with no Canadian teams on a Saturday night)

Onyx
05-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Raps regular season and TFC playoffs would draw about the same (250K).

Raps Saturday night may pull 2M or more and outdraw TFC regular season 20x or something.

If I were the NHL I would seriously think about moving the hockey game Saturday night to Saturday afternoon, as it will get absolutely clobbered too. Even the severely reduced Canadian ratings still matter to the NHL.

NHL won't do that. Raptors are only relevant here, outside the city and across country no one cares (its not like the jays).

Given the NBA "sets up" its finals so big name vs big name, raps will be down 0-3 that night so interest will be down.

ensco
05-17-2016, 07:16 PM
NHL won't do that. Raptors are only relevant here, outside the city and across country no one cares (its not like the jays).

Given the NBA "sets up" its finals so big name vs big name, raps will be down 0-3 that night so interest will be down.

No, that's the third game. No better how bad the first two games are, it'll be no worse than 2-0 Cleveland, with the Raps looking to hold serve.

How much would you like to bet that the Raps do better than 2x the San Jose -St Louis game in Canada?

Onyx
05-17-2016, 07:29 PM
haven't looked at the ratings lately, but HNIC saturday night numbers are usually good for playoffs (even US v US) ... its a traditional hockey night.

If people think the Raps have any chance, the NBA is just slightly above the WWF in "managing" game results through officiating ... you are wasting time watching games.

Alonso
05-17-2016, 08:12 PM
I know this may be an inconvenience to those who have made plans around the published kick off times, but it means I can make the game now, so I'm happy.

Ditto.

Out of towners have been convenienced.

FRANKIE65
05-17-2016, 08:51 PM
9 team league

Oops.... I forgot Nottawa has a team again

Cashcleaner
05-17-2016, 08:52 PM
It's a mix of good and bad news for me. It's good because it will get me home to Oshawa in a reasonable time, but it's bad because I'll miss the running of the Preakness. The whole day was centred around doing an overtime shift at work in the morning, watching the race, then getting on the GO for TFC. Guess I'll have to get the track results sent to my phone. :(

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2016, 08:20 AM
If people think the Raps have any chance, the NBA is just slightly above the WWF in "managing" game results through officiating ... you are wasting time watching games.

...and if you think telling all those viewers that would change their minds... you are wasting time posting. Jus sayin g:D.

More people watch the playoffs (any playoffs) for the event/spectacle/exclusivity of it. They're not analyzing the validity of the game.

JayMolly
05-18-2016, 09:14 AM

^
We agree.
Beautiful weather, afternoon match and we get home at a reasonable hour.

Onyx
05-18-2016, 09:42 AM
^
We agree.
Beautiful weather, afternoon match and we get home at a reasonable hour.

i like late afternoon games for same reason.

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2016, 09:50 AM
i like late afternoon games for same reason.

Yep.

Night games should remain special (IMO). The odd midweek game like tonight or Cup play.

Pint
05-18-2016, 09:54 AM
I guess i'm one of the few that prefers the games to be night games. I think it builds it into much more an event for the casual fans... your saturday night plans are going to the game not going for dinner after the game.

Also us supporters always seam to be a little louder at night, maybe we are extra fueled for the games.

C.Ronaldo
05-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Yep.

Night games should remain special (IMO). The odd midweek game like tonight or Cup play.

agreed

i have enough to do on sat nights

SarniaTFC
05-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Is there still fans marching to the stadium from Joe's before the game or is it only a home opener kind of thing?
Come on you Reds

Detroit_TFC
05-18-2016, 10:52 AM
I go back and forth on what the optimal ko timing strategy is. On one hand having a variety of times might catch more people's availability at least for a few matches. On the other, a consistent time allows for some life planning like classes, baby sitting schedules, etc. I lean toward having a consistent time, even if the particular time isn't convenient for me individually. Hard to picture NFL or MLB having games at random times for example.

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Is there still fans marching to the stadium from Joe's before the game or is it only a home opener kind of thing?
Come on you Reds

It's saved for special occasions.

SarniaTFC
05-19-2016, 12:23 PM
A game against rivals Columbus isn't a big occasion?? First home rivalry game of the year, also a celebration that the yellow and black bastar*s lost Kamara

Fort York Redcoat
05-19-2016, 01:51 PM
A game against rivals Columbus isn't a big occasion?? First home rivalry game of the year, also a celebration that the yellow and black bastar*s lost Kamara

Yeah...Not many believe in the Columbus rivalry. They're out there but a lot of us resent the forced rivalry the league created. Montreal is the only rival for me. But that's just me.

Yohan
05-19-2016, 02:04 PM
1. Mtl
2. Van
very distant 3. Columbus
4. Everyone else

Soccer Mum
05-19-2016, 03:45 PM
I agree with the whole special night game thing.

This would count as one of those nights though. Big Trillium Cup match under floodlights.

james
05-20-2016, 02:17 AM

I wouldn't consider Columbus our rivals, our real rival is Montreal. Columbus...I don't like them, but not the same passion as the Montreal-Toronto rival, that goes deeper!

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2016, 07:51 AM
I agree with the whole special night game thing.

This would count as one of those nights though. Big Trillium Cup match under floodlights.

For the glory...

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/a/c/royal-albert-provincial-flowers-trillium-cup-saucer-5462152-82cc12c1614b4e8d17539c07e7c76c40.jpg