PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Student Needing You're Help

roarbhoy
05-10-2016, 06:22 AM
Hi Everyone,
Joined this forum yesterday, seemed like the best way to reach out to you Toronto supporters.
So I'm a university student, originally from Glasgow but study in Dundee.
My dissertation topic for my final year is a 'Comparative analysis research project into the relationship between football (soccer) supporters and the police, comparing North America and Scotland. It seemed like a good topic as soccer has really taken off in North America recently. I myself am a Celtic supporter, I have a season ticket and travel to all home games and most away games in Scotland and the occasional game in Europe in the Champions or Europa league.
I am working at a summer camp this summer in upstate New York and plan to travel over to Canada when I finish in mid August. I've got family in Toronto who go to your games often and was planning on attending the Toronto-Montreal game.
My aim in this is to talk to supporters, kind of informal interviews, gathering you're view, as supporters, on issues, if any, that exist in the MLS and compare these to problems in Scotland. Overall, the relations between supporters and the police in Scotland isn't good, for a number of issues, such as fan violence, use of flares and smoke bombs, alcohol consumption as well as the issues that seem to only arise after Celtic Rangers games in Glasgow and the west of Scotland.
I hope that some of you are keen to speak with me on the issues mentioned and any replies would be appreciated.
Cheers

Oldtimer
05-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Hi Roarbhoy.

Rather than having an open forum discussion on police issues which would be problematic, we suggest that supporters contact you directly by PM.

This thread is closed by moderator team decision.