PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 10-To live the groove Is everything that I need- Van @ TFC Sat May 14 730

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
05-08-2016, 07:22 AM
To live the groove Is everything that I need
To see you move
When grace is just a simple wisdom
To feel To live
To speak the truth at every junction
To be with you
And with myself and my suspicion

Pretty much sums up the supporter in game experience.

Only game with the Whitecaps, so far. They managed to beat Portland last night. Should be a good one. Have at it people.

ronzilla
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
The Reds play 3 games in 7 days next week starting with Vancouver. :D

Yohan
05-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Caps play Wed vs Chicago

Cas87
05-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Caps play Wed vs Chicago

At home then come out here for Saturday, may be a test of their depth against us.

Will be interesting to see if Robinson rotates his squad or not this early in the season.

OgtheDim
05-09-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm wondering when Vanney rotates in the next couple of weeks. Baring Delgado, Endoh and Osorio, all these guys are studs who just don't come out.

Initial B
05-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I expect to see more reserves play the weekday games this season. I've heard it said there is a rhythm to starting games.

That said, our defence is looking pretty solid and Vancouver has had some difficulty scoring, so i'm thinking TFC should win or tie. Probably 1-0 again.

Fort York Redcoat
05-09-2016, 12:58 PM
We'll see Bradley and Altidore for their last game for a bit. US camp starts May 16. They play 3 warm up games: May 22, 25, 28 before the tournament actually starts.

sully
05-09-2016, 06:09 PM
We'll see Bradley and Altidore for their last game for a bit. US camp starts May 16. They play 3 warm up games: May 22, 25, 28 before the tournament actually starts.

So ridiculous I can't decide if it's funny or pathetic about this league

Areathrasher
05-09-2016, 07:45 PM

This isn't their last game. MLSers join the US Camp after the games on the 20-22nd so after the game against the Crew. It'll only be Mex and Euro based players when the Yanks camp opens.

The 19 MLS players on the prelim list are not free from club obligations until after May 20-22 league matches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/05/09/as-copa-america-nears-jurgen-klinsmann-prepares-to-gather-u-s-squad/?postshare=2931462821291643&tid=ss_tw

Goff also thinks Jozy gets left off the final roster.

andyboy
05-09-2016, 08:35 PM
For his performance in our last game, Endoh deserves a haiku.

A bolt of lightning
The keeper falls to the ground
Tsubasa Endoh

OgtheDim
05-09-2016, 08:51 PM
.. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/05/09/as-copa-america-nears-jurgen-klinsmann-prepares-to-gather-u-s-squad/?postshare=2931462821291643&tid=ss_tw

Goff also thinks Jozy gets left off the final roster.

I think Goff believes that Dempsey is a shoe in to start. I disagree. Given Klinnsman's past, and his approach to playing teams who are perceived to be better then his team, I'd be surprised if Altidore doesn't start for them. He's their hold up man.

zeelaw
05-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Just remember what Vancouver is claiming all of a sudden....

"We are the soccer capital of Canada right now," said Vancouver Whitecaps president and former national team player and manager Bob Lenarduzzi.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canada-mexico-record-crowd-1.3506192

OgtheDim
05-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Win on the field. The rest is noise.

mistercorporate
05-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Win on the field. The rest is noise.

yup. also, i wonder why the vancouver game still has seats left but games weeks later are approaching sellouts?

ensco
05-09-2016, 10:28 PM
For his performance in our last game, Endoh deserves a haiku.

A bolt of lightning
The keeper falls to the ground
Tsubasa Endoh

That's great.

Endoh squares and waits
Seba gives it back, oh my
It is in the net!

notthesun
05-09-2016, 10:29 PM
I like our chances for this one. The way we've been defending, I don't think Vancouver's attacking options should pose that much of a threat. Would really like to see us bury more of our chances on the other hand.

Fort York Redcoat
05-10-2016, 07:53 AM
yup. also, i wonder why the vancouver game still has seats left but games weeks later are approaching sellouts?

Laba vs Pirlo? You're right. The Trader is very busy for this next match. I just assumed there was some other non-footy event I didn't know about going on. (It happens) g:D

Areathrasher
05-10-2016, 08:02 AM
I think Goff believes that Dempsey is a shoe in to start. I disagree. Given Klinnsman's past, and his approach to playing teams who are perceived to be better then his team, I'd be surprised if Altidore doesn't start for them. He's their hold up man.

I think Jozy goes. I just wouldn't be surprised if he Jurgen dropped him, ya dig?

andyboy
05-10-2016, 09:57 AM
That's great.

Endoh squares and waits
Seba gives it back, oh my
It is in the net!

Now you're talking! There may be more if he scores again. Helps that his name is a perfect 5 syllable line!

Hamilton_Red
05-12-2016, 01:44 AM
Waston suspended on Saturday for yellow card accumulation. That will be huge for Alti and Gio!

Downside is Perez has found some form and is riding high. They are playing quite a bit better than earlier in the season.

Ivy
05-12-2016, 01:57 AM
If TFC managed to hold back Diaz and Castillo, old man Perez should have a bad bad day.

KurtLarSUN
05-12-2016, 06:23 AM
For those who don't know, Saturday is the first TFC Heritage Series match. MLSE will honour Danny Dichio for his contributions. I spoke to him yesterday. Here's the feature about the time he cursed Mo Johnston and how he nearly signed with Chicago instead http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/05/11/tfc-legend-danny-dichio-recalls-shock-of-playing-on-plastic

OgtheDim
05-12-2016, 06:29 AM
If TFC managed to hold back Diaz and Castillo, old man Perez should have a bad bad day.

Vancouver are a mirror of Dallas, except where Dallas has Diaz as a good AM, Vancouver have Laba as a good DM. This will not be a walk in the park but with our disciplined defence and our attacking options, we should be favoured to win this one.

OgtheDim
05-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Weather forecast currently:

Rain all morning ends at 3 pm. Then sunny and cool.

Kick off - 8 degrees but feeling like 4 with a wind out of the west. Bring your hats and mitts people.

And I noticed they raised the coffee/hot chocolate price to $3 from $2 - DANG.

Pint
05-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Rivero, Kudo and Waston are all out for Saturdays game

Stress
05-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Rivero, Kudo and Waston are all out for Saturdays game

That is huge! Also from what I've heard, Laba's had a slow start to the season. Not too worried about Perez but Morales is always a danger and they have some good pace in players like Manneh. On paper I like our chances and the current B365 odds are 1.80 TFC win, 3.60 draw, and 4.33 Van City win.

molenshtain
05-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Have they announced a sell out for this one yet or are we still short?

ag futbol
05-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Waston suspended on Saturday for yellow card accumulation. That will be huge for Alti and Gio!

Downside is Perez has found some form and is riding high. They are playing quite a bit better than earlier in the season.
Agreed, good news on Watson (he's far better than Ka).

Tim Parker is developing into a decent defender though, no picnic

Hugh Jazz
05-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Also from what I've heard, Laba's had a slow start to the season. Not too worried about Perez but Morales is always a danger and they have some good pace in players like Manneh.

Laba's play has improved lately. Morales has become more of a dedicated deep lying playmaker. I only watched up to the 70th minute or so last night but he was pretty dangerous with his long diagonal passes, Chicago was playing with a back three though.

Vancouver has had the same starting line-up rolled out twice in less than 7 days, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more replacements besides the ones for Kudo and Waston. If TFC play the way they have been lately, the 'Caps will be in trouble at both ends of the pitch.

PopePouri
05-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Their win against Chicago was good for us. I don't think they'll maintain their level travelling across the country after a midweek game. Robinson has a tendency to rotate as well. I think we'll dominate this one.

OgtheDim
05-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Song where the lines I quoted come from. Yes, its a surfing allusion. Love this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3OUBKEQryM

Yohan
05-12-2016, 07:04 PM
I guess we will find out just how good the roof is? Rainy...

Auzzy
05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
I guess we will find out just how good the roof is? Rainy...

So far Weather Network is saying it most likely won't rain after about 4pm on Saturday.

ronzilla
05-12-2016, 09:10 PM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-Whitecaps.png

jloome
05-12-2016, 09:24 PM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-Whitecaps.png

Be interesting if this goes ahead; not sure Oso is really a two-way player.

molenshtain
05-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Be interesting if this goes ahead; not sure Oso is really a two-way player.

same position he played all of last year.

mistercorporate
05-12-2016, 10:04 PM
This should be our starting lineup with this formation, like every time. Brilliant!

Blindside16
05-13-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm feeling confident with this match. I think we may see Jozy breakout in this one. The caps are missing too many key pieces. Watson being out completely opens the door for Seba and Jozy. On a side note it's a shame what happened to Kudo but man what a hit. I'm calling 3-0 TFC.

OgtheDim
05-13-2016, 06:17 AM
Whitecaps will likely bunker and attempt to hit on the counter - if we maintain discipline in the midfield, we should boss this game. Expect a lot of probing. The keys to this game will be scoring early and the movement of Johnson, Osorio and Endoh. We have the patience and passing quality to get through their 9 man bunker.

Pint
05-13-2016, 07:19 AM
I may be in the minority on this but the guy you really need to contain on the whitecaps is Techera, to me he is their most dangerous player.

KurtLarSUN
05-13-2016, 09:26 AM
I dropped this over in the news section, thought I'd leave it here as well. Altidore getting his first this weekend could be a storyline. But Bradley says you probably don't understand the game if you can't see how much Altidore is contributing. Thoughts? http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/13/toronto-fcs-michael-bradley-backs-jozy-altidores-game

jloome
05-13-2016, 09:26 AM
same position he played all of last year.

We didn't play a diamond 'all last year', we alternated between several looks. And he played wide several times, too; his skill set is offensive. His defensive work is awful.

PopePouri
05-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Oso was unlucky with the injury after the Montreal game. I think he's earned that no. 10 spot more than Endoh who will be more effective out wide.

mistercorporate
05-13-2016, 09:46 AM
We didn't play a diamond 'all last year', we alternated between several looks. And he played wide several times, too; his skill set is offensive. His defensive work is awful.

Defensively worse than Delgado? Endoh has the advantage of also having finishing skills, takes attention away from Giovinco when we have 3 offensive threats up top.

molenshtain
05-13-2016, 10:19 AM

We played a diamond for a majority of the season and that's where he was most effective. He played well in the diamond beside somoene like Warner who offset his defensive shortcomings, with a DM behind to protect the back four. We've upgraded both those spots this year. If we're looking to open up and play more proactively now that we're at home, the first place to do that is the shutter position, where we don't necessarily need two Defense first guys. It makes sense to have two guys who balance each other out in terms of skill set rather than having two guys do the same job.

Hugh Jazz
05-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Oso is better suited for possession and distributing, Endoh has better movement and will actually run at attackers. Too early to say who is better for the #10 spot and I think it also depends on the opponent. Nice to have these options though.

Pint
05-13-2016, 10:40 AM
I dropped this over in the news section, thought I'd leave it here as well. Altidore getting his first this weekend could be a storyline. But Bradley says you probably don't understand the game if you can't see how much Altidore is contributing. Thoughts? http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/13/toronto-fcs-michael-bradley-backs-jozy-altidores-game

He is playing well, he is contributing but he needs to bury some of the chances he is getting.

jloome
05-13-2016, 11:12 AM
We played a diamond for a majority of the season and that's where he was most effective. He played well in the diamond beside somoene like Warner who offset his defensive shortcomings, with a DM behind to protect the back four. We've upgraded both those spots this year. If we're looking to open up and play more proactively now that we're at home, the first place to do that is the shutter position, where we don't necessarily need two Defense first guys. It makes sense to have two guys who balance each other out in terms of skill set rather than having two guys do the same job.

Yeah, I can buy that argument. We haven't really played even-steven up to now though, we've had six guys watching the defensive and middle zones and four attacking. We've also had very little offensive production outside Seba.

notthesun
05-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Oso was unlucky with the injury after the Montreal game. I think he's earned that no. 10 spot more than Endoh who will be more effective out wide.

I thought this would be the case, but Endoh had easily his best performance of the year playing centrally last game. Who knows, maybe it turns out he's better in the middle than out wide. I think it certainly gives him more chances to run in this team in particular, since we really don't use the flanks like a lot of other MLS teams do. He made that goal for himself last week by sprinting up the pitch as soon as the ball was turned over, there's no way Osorio would have done the same.

I hope we do trot out that projected lineup. I said I'd like to see it after the last match but I didn't think it would come so soon, but with Delgado questionable it looks like it will probably happen. I think it's a good lineup for home games where we're expected to have more possession and carry the play. Having Osorio in helps break down teams that are set up to bunker and counter, but we still have Johnson and Bradley doing their jobs defensively. On the road against a strong opponent I think I'd be more partial to Delgado starting instead of Osorio, at least for now.

Pint
05-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Endoh may have had more freedom to attack since we were at home but i will say that Endoh attacking more allowed seba up to go wide and set up the attack. Both Endoh and Oso have looked their best as the AM but i think Oso would do better at LM than Endoh and he already has built in chemistry with Seba.

Probably for another thread but when Bradley leaves do we slot Johnson into the DM role, if Cheyrou is ready is it him or do we need to change our tactics?

PopePouri
05-13-2016, 12:27 PM
I thought this would be the case, but Endoh had easily his best performance of the year playing centrally last game. Who knows, maybe it turns out he's better in the middle than out wide. I think it certainly gives him more chances to run in this team in particular, since we really don't use the flanks like a lot of other MLS teams do. He made that goal for himself last week by sprinting up the pitch as soon as the ball was turned over, there's no way Osorio would have done the same.

I hope we do trot out that projected lineup. I said I'd like to see it after the last match but I didn't think it would come so soon, but with Delgado questionable it looks like it will probably happen. I think it's a good lineup for home games where we're expected to have more possession and carry the play. Having Osorio in helps break down teams that are set up to bunker and counter, but we still have Johnson and Bradley doing their jobs defensively. On the road against a strong opponent I think I'd be more partial to Delgado starting instead of Osorio, at least for now.

I don't think Endoh's effectiveness in the final third will get hampered if he is shifted to a wide position. Because of his incredible engine, I still think he'll be a pest with his runs. The only difference is he'll be the fourth runner instead of the third.

James17930
05-13-2016, 10:35 PM
But Endoh was frequently running in front of Jozy while playing centrally like that (like for his goal, for example), and that may cause problems if they can't get that sorted.

Personally I'll be happy to see him out wide filling in for Delgado with Oso back centrally.

the beat
05-14-2016, 02:25 AM

My thoughts? Just win.

OgtheDim
05-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Game Day :scarf:

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 06:38 AM
He's helping but if the team wasn't playing well as a whole this performance would be heavily under the spotlight.

If this unit defensively starts to revert back to the mean (and by no stretch is that a criticism, just a thought after a run of excellent defensive play) we'll need those missing goals.

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 07:02 AM
It's too early to be crowning Endoh as a good finisher since he has only played a handful of games. It's all about consistency and only time will tell, although he does look promising. Some people here make the mistake of micro-analyzing players and judging them on a few plays. You need to look at the big picture.

As for the game, TFC should have no problem taking the full 3 points. It's all in their favor.

OgtheDim
05-14-2016, 07:44 AM
...If this unit defensively starts to revert back to the mean (and by no stretch is that a criticism, just a thought after a run of excellent defensive play).... .

I'm just not sure what the defensive mean is for this team.

3 of the 4 defenders are proven all star quality, the 4th is playing like he was for Poland, the goalie is the most consistent keeper in MLS not named Rimando and the DM is the captain of the USMNT. The defensive quality this team has shown in the first 1/4 of the season is unheard of in MLS. You just don't see this consistency in this league because teams don't spend the money or the training time to do so.

They are bound to have days off and we've actually already seen it with Morrow on a couple of games and that first goal in Portland was a Perquis boo boo.

Its a long way to go but I can't help but think that GM's are going to start to notice and consider investing a bit more in defence. Which would be good for this league cause by and large MLS defences are weak.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 08:44 AM
We are averaging less than a goal per game conceded. Only a handful of MLS teams have done this within the last five years. We would not be starting the trend of having a solid defensive unit.

Regardless, my larger point was dancing around a striker not putting the ball in the net is harder to do when the results aren't there. His performances are being framed by the team's success. If he did exactly the same thing and we weren't getting results it would be a different story.

PopePouri
05-14-2016, 09:02 AM
We are averaging less than a goal per game conceded. Only a handful of MLS teams have done this within the last five years. We would not be starting the trend of having a solid defensive unit.

If that were true, we would have regressed to the mean somewhere on our road trip. Given the amount of home games we have and the personnel, maybe you should reevaluate.

Regardless, my larger point was dancing around a striker not putting the ball in the net is harder to do when the results aren't there. His performances are being framed by the team's success. If he did exactly the same thing and we weren't getting results it would be a different story.

He is major contributor to our success though. During the Montreal game for example, he cut off passing lanes and relentlessly pressed Donadel causing a disconnect with their front 4. Donadel had to drop deeper and wider to create space for himself where he then lumped balls to Drogba. Offensively, he then drew the winning penalty to win the game. We don't get that result without Altidore.

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 09:21 AM
If that were true, we would have regressed to the mean somewhere on our road trip. Given the amount of home games we have and the personnel, maybe you should reevaluate.

He is major contributor to our success though. During the Montreal game for example, he cut off passing lanes and relentlessly pressed Donadel causing a disconnect with their front 4. Donadel had to drop deeper and wider to create space for himself where he then lumped balls to Drogba. Offensively, he then drew the winning penalty to win the game. We don't get that result without Altidore.

Seba scored 2 goals vs montreal. The result is clearly from Seba, regardless of the PK.

mistercorporate
05-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Seba scored 2 goals vs montreal. The result is clearly from Seba, regardless of the PK.

He gave it to Seba to be a good teammate, but any striker will slot in the majority of their PK's.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 01:30 PM

It's early days. Obviously our defense is vastly improved. I would not write in and instantly declare its going to hold less than one goal a game for the season. That's a statistical outlier based on historical results. It won't be easy to achieve regardless of how the road trip went.

I think the idea of Altidore "relentlessly pressing" is over baked. He gets the odd challenge in and does a reasonable amount of work defensively. Still doesn't excuse the lack of scoring. This is a striker we are talking about.

Anyway... Back to the game. 3-1 TFC and I'll venture Altidore might actually pot one today.

Richard
05-14-2016, 01:35 PM
One thing I want to see from Altidore is to shoot more, his overall play has been good but he cannot continue having one shot a game, he isn't that clinical of a finisher to expect the same amount of goals as last year with so few shots.

I understand Giovinco is always going to be the main guy, but I have to question whether its worth spending DP money on a striker than isn't going to get looks because of that, Alitidore seems to have a great game overall now, but I think I would prefer a DP playmaker if he isn't going to also be putting in a few.

I still think the two can have great chemistry and its still early.

OgtheDim
05-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Going to be windy tonight.

Red CB Toronto
05-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Going to be windy tonight.

The weather has been drastically changing since this morning. Down at the Marlies right now and walking in it was getting chillier and the wind was there.

Ivy
05-14-2016, 03:19 PM
Who's the ref today?

Fishnicker
05-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Robert Sigiba. 3 mls games.

Eastend
05-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Got my beer mitts and hoodie. Typical TFC game.

Detroit_TFC
05-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Ha, jokes on us. The March weather just hid until the stadium reopened.

Petor
05-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Starters: Irwin; Morrow, Moor, Perquis, Beitashour; Osorio, Johnson, Bradley, Endoh; Giovinco, Altidore
Bench: Roberts, Williams, Zavaleta, Morgan, Lovitz, Chapman, Babouli

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 06:08 PM
A win could put us in 1st place. Philly and montreal finished 1-1.

James17930
05-14-2016, 06:22 PM
A win could put us in 1st place. Philly and montreal finished 1-1.

Let's get 'er done! The drive for first!

:drum::flare::drum::flare::drum::flare::drum::flar e:

PizzaEatingYeti
05-14-2016, 06:36 PM
We are going to have a comfortable win by 2 or 3 goals.
Gio gets one at least.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Good stream:

http://giostreams.eu/22.html (http://giostreams.eu/22.html)

[NBF]
05-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if Fraser Aird even considered joining TFC Academy?

James17930
05-14-2016, 06:51 PM
;1795052']Does anyone know if Fraser Aird even considered joining TFC Academy?

Was it up and running at that time?

PizzaEatingYeti
05-14-2016, 06:51 PM
The stadium looks fuckin 30% empty right now!

[NBF]
05-14-2016, 06:53 PM
yeah i believe it was running since 2008

Defoe
05-14-2016, 06:54 PM
The stadium looks fuckin 30% empty right now!

closer to 80 % full

Kaz
05-14-2016, 06:55 PM
gah.. I hate that blue.

[NBF]
05-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Thats just what TFC needs to give Dichio his own Wall of Fame on the refurbished side.

Onyx
05-14-2016, 06:59 PM
pay $100+ to sit in field seats and get a ball crush your nose .... ouch!!!

andyboy
05-14-2016, 06:59 PM
gah.. I hate that blue.

Ugliest kits in MLS, but it may unsettle our opponents.

[NBF]
05-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Is this board shorts doing the commentary?

Kaz
05-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Ok Turning off the game for a bit... The boys are making stupid mistakes and are still playing like they are on the road.

ExiledRed
05-14-2016, 07:07 PM
We play like shit when we play in 'alternative colours' at home.

Can we be the reds again please?

QBall
05-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Osorio and Perquis really screwed up.

Defoe
05-14-2016, 07:08 PM
i disagree with the commentator. Osorio is just a slow thinker. He is not an MLS player. I've been saying this for 3 years and people just continue to disagree because he's Canadian.

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 07:09 PM
poor pass from Perquis

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Osorio's decisively average athleticism just meant we couldn't pave over perquis's mistake. Both looked a little dire on that play.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:12 PM
We need some adjustments here. They look a step ahead of us tactically.

James17930
05-14-2016, 07:13 PM
We are going to have a comfortable win by 2 or 3 goals.
Gio gets one at least.

It's your fault!

QBall
05-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Well this is turning into quite the shit show.

James17930
05-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Has Endoh even had a touch yet? I'd still like to Osorio moved centrally to the tip of the diamond.

Kaz
05-14-2016, 07:16 PM
We need some adjustments here. They look a step ahead of us tactically.

This is all Vanney.

They play this sloppy back pass game. We have made mistakes like this for several games. Whitecaps are playing a high pressure game and taking advantage of it. You add to that the total lack of offensive play this year and it could be a rough ride.. particularly while Gio is gone.

SydneyFC
what the fuck is going on? lol

ag futbol
Has Endoh even had a touch yet? I'd still like to Osorio moved centrally to the tip of the diamond.
Definitely feel those two should be switched.

Defoe
Osorio is not an intelligent player, he's not fast, he doesn't read the game very well and he's not athletic. He doesn't have a good shot and he's prone to making mistakes. All he can do is pass the ball around. The speed and growth of MLS has caught up to him. He's the Peter Holland of the maple leafs. He has some tools but he doesn't make the cut. Face the facts this is the truth. I can't wait for Delgado and some new wide players.

ExiledRed
its the fuckin' blue shorts!

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:20 PM
Osorio is not an intelligent player, he's not fast, he doesn't read the game very well and he's not athletic. He doesn't have a good shot and he's prone to making mistakes. All he can do is pass the ball around. The speed and growth of MLS has caught up to him. He's the Peter Holland of the maple leafs. He has some tools but he doesn't make the cut. Face the facts this is the truth. I can't wait for Delgado and some new wide players.
Too much. Every team is this league still has players like Osorio.

I'm not saying this is an endearing performance but that's on Perquis first and foremost.

Defoe
05-14-2016, 07:23 PM

I'm not saying this is an endearing performance but that's on Perquis first and foremost.

He's not starting on any good teams; that is for sure.

James17930
05-14-2016, 07:25 PM

Agreed. But if passing is his strongest attribute, he should be put in a position where that's what he will primarily do.

Darren o'Dea is doing the commentary on Sky, and he's said about 6 times TFC need to change their system because Van. are exploiting the wide areas too much.

Osorio probably doesn't help in that situation.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:26 PM
He's a borderline starter on ours too as it stands.

Anyway, Endoh is completely wasted inside. He needs to be on the flank pushing their fullback. They are getting numbers forward with frequency.

QBall
05-14-2016, 07:26 PM
Is Altidore ever going to take a shot?

jloome
05-14-2016, 07:27 PM

I keep saying it; he's not a good enough athlete and he's certainly not a good enough defender. He holds the ball well because he has playground skills, and he can set up nicely. So we should switch him and Endoh, put him in the hole where he can have some value with Delgado out, have Endoh's work rate work for us defensively.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:28 PM
I'd like to see Babouli this game. We need some more punch.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:30 PM
That's not going to help.

Not a good penalty. He telegraphed that hard.

QBall
Altidore you useless #$%^$@@$&!!!!!!

James17930
Sigh.

One of those nights.

EDIT.

o'Dea is going apeshit.

"Mental! It's mental! Why is Altidore taking that penalty?"

Though I agree Altidore should've taken it to try to get him his first.

But now he's off?

Such a weird game so far.

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 07:31 PM
I just knew jozy would miss that. Give the PK to Seba !!!! Fuuuuuckkkkkkkk

SydneyFC
we're fookin shit

jloome
Kah is a reckless defender andhe's on a yellow. We should target him constantly now.

InDa_110
05-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Altidore is fucken useless.

Not just the pk miss

Can't finish shit. Can't head a ball

Fuck him

Get rid of him at transfer window if possible

Greatest Ripoff
Why did he take that? Is Giovinco not the penalty taker? What a huge error.

ag futbol
Well looks like I'm going to get my wish with Babouli.... Not the way I want.

ronzilla
Seeeebbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:33 PM
This game is banana's

nonc
Babouli is already a more effective MLS player than Altidore and about $6 million less

SydneyFC
Get the fuck in, Sebby!!!!!

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Why did he take that? Is Giovinco not the penalty taker? What a huge error.
Unbelievably bad decision. Thank God he went off injured. WASTE. OF. SPACE.

James17930
05-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Ha!

We're heating up now ...

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Seb is Magic. Endoh....Morrow....Altidore......shite.

QBall
05-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Seba wields his magic again. You see that Altidore?! That's how a real forward does it. Oh wait you're not on the field so I guess you didn't see it.

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:36 PM
we're fookin shit
We have a couple of players who are. Altidore...get rid.

jloome
Man, Beitashour is playing tense.

SydneyFC
Unbelievably bad decision. Thank God he went off injured. WASTE. OF. SPACE.

yeah "injured" lazy cunt.

ag futbol
I hope he can come back. I've been critical of the guy, but I want him to succeed.

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Seba wields his magic again. You see that Altidore?! That's how a real forward does it. Oh wait you're not on the field so I guess you didn't see it.

:D:(

jloome
So was Altidore injured, or was he "injured", ie confidence shot.

tfcfans
Altidore misses a penalty and walks off injured....Giovinvo just performs magic and finishes....Sums up both of their careers here so far, lots of potential vs lots of results.....and this comes from someone who thinks Altidore can contribute....

QBall
When Seba goes to the Euros we're royally screwed.

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:38 PM
yeah "injured" lazy cunt.
He was voted in the top 3 most over-rated players in MLS. He should be in the top 1.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 07:39 PM
What is that awful music I hear in the background?

Edit: TRN? Lol

James17930
05-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Apparently it's Altidore's hamstrings again ...

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 07:44 PM
How convenient that jozy gets injured when the team is getting trashed and missing the penalty. Get rid of this fucking moron. He is a huge burden to the team.

QBall
05-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Apparently it's Altidore's hamstrings again ...

I'm sure he'll make a miraculous recovery for the Copa America.

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm sure he'll make a miraculous recovery for the Copa America.
Fitness is attainable, ability sadly not.

portu
05-14-2016, 07:48 PM
I don't care that Altidore hasn't scored yet, or that he took the penalty and missed (I personally believe he's a better pk taker and would give it to him again), I care that he's either injured or on international duty so consistently. When he's played this season I think he's been brilliant, one of the best players on the team, but the games he misses gives me serious cause to worry about whether or not he's worth a DP spot on an MLS cup quality squad. Note: I went from Altidore out to having my mind changed this season by his play.

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Sunderland were very clever when they swapped a donkey for a thoroughbred.

General Woolfe
05-14-2016, 07:49 PM
What an absolutely dreadful opening half hour. It was like these players had never played together and only met each other prior to kick off. I dont know if they'd bought into the hype and thought they only had to show up to get the points. However a moment of Seba magic has put us back in this. We need to try and continue to hit Vancouver with these quick attacks where they look vulnerable. Hopefully we can still at least salvage a point, if not take all three

No doubt that's Jozy's hamstring gone again and I dont suppose we'll see him again till after the Copa America. You know our American lads, the national side comes first...

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Altidore is fucking shit. " but but but hes our hold up man " Dont make me fckn vomit. He has done absolutely nothing for this team.

Davenport
05-14-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't care that Altidore hasn't scored yet, or that he took the penalty and missed (I personally believe he's a better pk taker and would give it to him again), I care that he's either injured or on international duty so consistently. When he's played this season I think he's been brilliant, one of the best players on the team, but the games he misses gives me serious cause to worry about whether or not he's worth a DP spot on an MLS cup quality squad. Note: I went from Altidore out to having my mind changed this season by his play.

Sorry, but when Seb is in the same postcode you don't use Altidore, and to use his name and brilliant in the same sentence.... ????????

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 07:58 PM
We could still come back in the 2nd half.

SirBobSaget
05-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Morrow was wide open all half had at least 5 great cross opportunities but delivered on none. Morgan would be doing a better job

James17930
05-14-2016, 07:59 PM
What an absolutely dreadful opening half hour. It was like these players had never played together and only met each other prior to kick off. I dont know if they'd bought into the hype and thought they only had to show up to get the points. However a moment of Seba magic has put us back in this. We need to try and continue to hit Vancouver with these quick attacks where they look vulnerable. Hopefully we can still at least salvage a point, if not take all three

No doubt that's Jozy's hamstring gone again and I dont suppose we'll see him again till after the Copa America. You know our American lads, the national side comes first...

That's just a pissy comment. How many players turn down their NT during a big tournament to stay with their clubs? Very, very, very few I'm sure. I don't think we should start taking shots at our players now for going on NT duty.

Richard
05-14-2016, 08:04 PM
I don't care if a player is on zero goals, you let your designated PK taker make the shot because points are on the line.

What kind of athlete needs all this pampering and coddling. I'm so annoyed by this nonsense.

James17930
05-14-2016, 08:10 PM
I don't care if a player is on zero goals, you let your designated PK taker make the shot because points are on the line.

What kind of athlete needs all this pampering and coddling. I'm so annoyed by this nonsense.

That's a fair point too, though this early in the season and that early in the game, I'm willing to let him take it as it could prove positive dividends for the rest of the season.

If it was later on or in the playoffs or something, then no way.

Richard
05-14-2016, 08:14 PM
We were down 0-2 at home at the time of the PK, I think that isn't the time to get someone going.

I get Giovinco being a team player and everything, but in that situation as a coach I want my main man on the ball.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Here we go!!!!

QBall
05-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Seba the magic man does it again.

James17930
05-14-2016, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od3cjyHctjo

tfcfans
05-14-2016, 08:21 PM
MVP -- can we just give him his own wall of fame, or do we name a stands after him?! :D

Richard
05-14-2016, 08:22 PM
MVP -- can we just give him his own wall of fame, or do we name a stands after him?! :D

I would erect a statue already, he is our Messi.

QBall
05-14-2016, 08:24 PM
<sigh> I wonder if Seba has another one in him?

James17930
complacency
kəmˈpleɪs(ə)nsi/
noun

a feeling of smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements.

StokeciTFC
Dang. Fucking. Nabbit.

Onyx
05-14-2016, 08:25 PM
our back four is making that little vancouver winger an MVP

vortexdr
Ugh that was bad...like they have never played together.

QBall
<sigh> I wonder if Seba has two more in him?

ag futbol
WJ HAS to kill that play. Come on man, take a yellow if you have to .

Richard
05-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Oh my.

Onyx
05-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Vancouver embarrassing our back four ... FUCK WE ARE TERRIBLE

James17930
05-14-2016, 08:27 PM
This, just, I, what, how, can't, stop ...

69Chevy396
05-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Vancouver embarrassing our back four ... FUCK WE ARE TERRIBLEThat last give away came from Will Johnson, who has not played well tonight.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 08:29 PM
That does not look good. Hope he's okay.

notthesun
05-14-2016, 08:29 PM
This looks nothing like the team I've watched all season. I don't really know what's gone wrong or what I'm watching. What a weird performance.

James17930
05-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Broken ankle?

tfcfans
That ankle did not bend the right way.....Hope it's not as bad as it looked....

69Chevy396
It has been a good game, for the most part. Key difference: Vancouver has more offence in their midfield. Osorio adds nothing offensively, and our depth at that position is poor. Games like this happen, the Whitecaps have a dynamic team that is playing very well right now.

ag futbol
This looks nothing like the team I've watched all season. I don't really know what's gone wrong or what I'm watching. What a weird performance.
Everything is off. Having to chance the game we are not the same team.

Midfield balance gets a huge thumbs down today.

69Chevy396
05-14-2016, 08:31 PM
That ankle did not bend the right way.....Hope it's not as bad as it looked....
It was a dirty tackle

andyboy
05-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Blue shorts. QED.

Richard
05-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Lol this game.

tfcfans
05-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Crazy game!

James17930
05-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Lol this game.

About the only way to describe it.

Onyx
05-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Broken ankle?

looked more like he got stepped on

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Okay Babouli is still very raw. This isn't FIFA street man, pass the ball.

Onyx
05-14-2016, 08:37 PM
vancouver is full of central american's ... they are going to dive and waste time like crazy now

StokeciTFC
05-14-2016, 08:38 PM
We should build a wall to keep them out.

QBall
05-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Moor so close for his second!

Onyx
05-14-2016, 08:41 PM
FUCK bradley your not even a 200k MLS player

tfcfans
05-14-2016, 08:43 PM
5 minutes.....any Magic left?!

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Morrow getting more service than Giovinco. What a fucking joke.

ag futbol
05-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Man what a game. Disappointing result but probably good news in the ratings department.

This team is missing a play maker. Time to get that AM we always wanted.

General Woolfe
05-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Terrible. Our much lauded defence just fell to pieces tonight.

QBall
05-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Disappointing result but not a boring game. Now if you excuse me I need to down about half a bottle of Crown Royal to calm my nerves.

portu
05-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Not good enough tonight. Plain and simple.

NolbertoS
05-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Entertaining match. Thought it would end in a 4-4 tie?? Any word on Osorio's condition?? Hate to see any player not being able to walk on their own strength. If I'm Aird, I'd buy my CMNT teammate a bottle of Crown Royale or something to make up for that bad tackle.

notthesun
05-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Peak MLS. I'm willing to give the team a mulligan on this, disappointing for sure, but they can (and better) redeem themselves next week.

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 08:56 PM
Its safe to say that Altisnore will be gone very soon. Thank God.

trane
05-14-2016, 08:57 PM
FUCK bradley your not even a 200k MLS player

Really this is Bradley's fault????

trane
05-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Man, Beitashour is playing tense.

This was the problem. Robinson called it well when he decided to pressure our back line with speed, and they did not respond well.

I am not panicking after this. The back line will need to find a way to adjust. I would not change anything in terms of our system. THey came up pushing and we responden poorely. did not keep shape, did not stay organized, and made errors under the pressure. Then on the third goal, Beitashour blew it, with the slide tackle, he was trying to hard, all he shuold have done was stay on him.

I am not panicking. Other then the fact that we need to come out in a higher gear, in particular the back line. This game does not worry me. Loved Giovinco and Bradley.

James17930
05-14-2016, 09:15 PM
How much heat should Vanney take for not making any tactical changes mid-game?

ronzilla
05-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Here we are in May and Giovinco is still on every single goal scored this year. This guy is truly a BEAST and in a league of his own. If Seba leaves for Italy, this team is screwed.

Perquis put on a stink show the entire game and as for altidore, i want thiis worthless piece of crap gone asap.

OgtheDim
05-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Beitashour and Perquis played poorly. And that 4th goal should not have been let in.

Babouli gets into spaces but has no touch.

Jozy played well until he injured himself.

Perquis passed well but got skinned too much.

Osorio had a bad first half.

If Seba goes to the European, somebody has to step up.

General Woolfe
05-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Its safe to say that Altisnore will be gone very soon. Thank God.

Who will take him at his wages?

We could certainly have used him the last 15 mins when we were scrapping to save a point

Initial B
05-14-2016, 10:12 PM
How much heat should Vanney take for not making any tactical changes mid-game?

But he did - Endoh was playing wide for most of the last part of the second half after starting centrally.

I feel bad for Jozy. I think that PK is going to be the signpost for him this year. You could see in his body language after the miss that he's now completely lost confidence in his striking ability. That was the hangdog posture of a beaten man. In fact he almost looked like he was suffering from depression.

Cuchulain
05-14-2016, 10:29 PM
Altidore looked uninterested half the time. Didn't always hustle to get back into it. And that injury looked fake.

Bradley was great. He and Giovinco really wanted a result tonight.

Was truly the most exiting game I've seen at BMO. Giovinco deserves to have half the city walking the streets wearing his jersey. I'm getting one.

NolbertoS
05-14-2016, 10:38 PM
I hope thats the last we've seen of Altidore. TFC should ahop him around like Kei Kamara last window and see what takers are out there. At this point, I'd take cash, TAM and a fringe player for salary reason to any team next window. We're one win quality forward DP away to dominating thr Eastern Conference MLSE better open up that wallet, if rhey want Giovinco to stay and find him a lethal partner to pass to, maybe raid Serie A or La Liga for a medium talent forward.

SoccMan2
05-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Looks like bad defence of TFC of the past 9 seasons made a return hopefully it's not back for long let's hope lol. TFC have no bench it's probably the worst bench they have ever had and that's really scary considering the last useless 9 seasons this team has had more or less. It's so TFC to comeback from a 2-0 deficit build so much momentum at home by tying it up and then squander it all away, most teams would have taken the lead at home after coming back from 2 - 0 but no this is TFC instead they get 2 quick goals scored against them once they tie it up! So once Bradley and Giovinco leave for international duties who will come off that great TFC bench to fill in lol?

DinamoTFC
05-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Hard to rag on Altidore when i can see how he provides foe the team with his other abilities but this is getting too much. Altidore pulling his hammy while taking a PK sums up how fragile he is. I can't believe that happens. Any possibility he faked it cause his confidence is shot ?

He also needs to stop body building and focus on being faster and more agile. I hope he knows what sport he's playing.

ExiledRed
05-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Playing in blue and white at home is unlucky. We are the fucking reds. The fans were a sea of red and our team looked like it didn't belong in the stadium.

These marketers have to be stopped before they drop the FC and start calling us the Toronto Beemos.

OgtheDim
05-14-2016, 11:09 PM
Vanney said Altidore did his hamstring as he went to take the pk. Mri tonight. News by Monday.

Red4ever
05-14-2016, 11:15 PM
We are as bad as leafs fans now.

We've made it.

Red4ever
05-14-2016, 11:18 PM
Playing in blue and white at home is unlucky. We are the fucking reds. The fans were a sea of red and our team looked like it didn't belong in the stadium.

These marketers have to be stopped before they drop the FC and start calling us the Toronto Beemos.

This is exaxtly why we lost.

ExiledRed
05-14-2016, 11:19 PM
This is exaxtly why we lost.

you all know it.

Red4ever
05-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Also not to go back to back to back but that last goal was on Osario. Had he tracked back, shot doesnt get taken.

reggie
05-14-2016, 11:26 PM
we are a 500 team with no depth ,and one mega star,im not shocked at all.

ensco
05-14-2016, 11:39 PM
Vanney said Altidore did his hamstring as he went to take the pk. Mri tonight. News by Monday.

I remember some baseball player went on the DL because he sneezed and threw out his back, but aside from that, this is the weirdest injury story ever.

flatpicker
05-14-2016, 11:42 PM
The plus side for me, we just had one of the more exciting games at BMO.
Yeah, it was a loss, and some bone-head mistakes led to goals against,
But I feel like I got my money's worth tonight.

I feel for Altidore. The guy has shown some real effort this season.
He deserves more out of this season.

James17930
05-15-2016, 12:01 AM
But he did - Endoh was playing wide for most of the last part of the second half after starting centrally.

I feel bad for Jozy. I think that PK is going to be the signpost for him this year. You could see in his body language after the miss that he's now completely lost confidence in his striking ability. That was the hangdog posture of a beaten man. In fact he almost looked like he was suffering from depression.

Kind of late, though, no?

khso11
05-15-2016, 12:19 AM
I feel for Altidore. The guy has shown some real effort this season.
He deserves more out of this season.

This!!! I understand why some people blame him for his performance tonight, it was poor. But he's way more effective this season than before, and I mean DP effective. He's a streaky forward, he'll eventually score a bunch of goals. Lets not make him our scapegoat, those days are over.

If you want him out, then who would be the replacement? Lets not break down the team because of 1 poor performance.

SirBobSaget
05-15-2016, 12:29 AM
This!!! I understand why some people blame him for his performance tonight, it was poor. But he's way more effective this season than before, and I mean DP effective. He's a streaky forward, he'll eventually score a bunch of goals. Lets not make him our scapegoat, those days are over.

If you want him out, then who would be the replacement? Lets not break down the team because of 1 poor performance.

He was absolutely worth his salary the last few games but now once again injured then US duty we wont see him for 2 months or more. Get a DP that will feature in most games. Thats should be the goal in a cap league that doesn't respect FIFA dates.

SirBobSaget
05-15-2016, 12:33 AM
Also Altidore isn't just a "DP" he's a super charged huge salary DP. Other teams are paying their DPs 800k, Altidore is on 5x that, he should be producing Keane/Gionvinco/Villa performance, he does for maybe 5 games a year.

Hamilton_Red
05-15-2016, 12:45 AM
Just watched the game on PVR. Crazy crazy match. How is Osario - looked like a break on TV? Aird behaving back to his hunnish Ranger's style.

That was Perquis' worst game I've seen. It was clear that something wasn't right there from the first goal and he had a hand in 1-2 of the others. He should have been subbed by half.

The number of passes from the back that went straight to Whitecaps players was shocking. Bradley is as bad as anyone on this front.

As much as I want Alti to succeed - that was a disastrous performance. The man has no confidence and has glass hamstrings. His lack of goalscoring means that we have no depth up front.

Gio is a one man team & that is going to become a problem if we don't get anything from anywhere else. While we won last week the performance was underwhelming - this was a big step backwards tonight. BMO isn't close to being a fortress...we've played better on the road.

notthesun
05-15-2016, 12:51 AM
I like Altidore, but I said at the start of the season he needs to be breaking at least 27 or so starts to be worth it. You simply can't afford to have your DP players injured or missing too much time, they're too important in this league, they're difference makers and when they're out teams are a shadow of themselves.

I think it's unfortunate but it might be time to move on from Altidore. He gets called up to the U.S. team all the time and his hamstring is, let's be honest, barely functional at this point. He improved his fitness and it didny help. He plays a critical role on the team and he simply needs to be available more often. It sucks to see players have their careers derailed to a degree by injuries but it is what it is at this point. An okay DP that plays often I can deal with, but an okay DP that plays sometimes is tough. Might be time to cut our losses.

reggie
05-15-2016, 01:12 AM
we are stuck with him...nobody will touch him.

SirBobSaget
05-15-2016, 01:14 AM
I said last year they should have signed gignac instead. Now gignac is tearing up the Mexican league on a lower wage and called up to the French squad for the euros. 5 million should get you much better than altidore

pawlukj
05-15-2016, 02:28 AM
I thought the game was good, In all honesty, it was the best, and funnest , Toronto FC match I have ever been too, we had alot of chances, alot of good chances, and we had possession and played well, we needed to shoot the ball more in my opinion, but even that is not right, because Michael Bradley shot the ball quite a bit and there were more than alot of opportunity, the biggest downfall to today's game was probably the fact that there wasn't more time added. They should have not called time off during the time off. In my opinion the reffing was bias, but hat's off to Vancouver, a win is a win and in my opinion we should respect the international cross border rivalry more than anything.

Jacob

khso11
05-15-2016, 03:00 AM
He was absolutely worth his salary the last few games but now once again injured then US duty we wont see him for 2 months or more. Get a DP that will feature in most games. Thats should be the goal in a cap league that doesn't respect FIFA dates.

That's a good point, but many DP calibre players in their prime will represent their country unless its an unknown. We could maybe go for Federico Higuains or Pedro Morales, but then how would they sell tickets and make international headlines? The only logical replacement I could think of at the moment would be Nico Gaitan from Benfica. There might be a few more out there, but nonetheless it's hard to find a logical replacement. We should give Jozy until the end of the season before throwing him under the bus.

trane
05-15-2016, 06:05 AM
We score 3 but give up 4 bad goals, and most of the talk is about our CF, and his performance versus his pay. Only on this Board.

Anyway I am not worried, we got pressed we mad mistakes, me must learn.

vortexdr
05-15-2016, 06:37 AM
we are stuck with him...nobody will touch him. indeed...i find it entertaining that people actually think there would be interest in a terribly overrated forward that makes close to 5 million a year....he a shit player....our best hope would be that he retires early. Hopefully this injury ends his joke of a career.

OgtheDim
05-15-2016, 06:54 AM
indeed...i find it entertaining that people actually think there would be interest in a terribly overrated forward that makes close to 5 million a year....he a shit player....our best hope would be that he retires early. Hopefully this injury ends his joke of a career.

That is one sicko piece of shit opinion.

Hamilton_Red
05-15-2016, 07:10 AM
There is no place here for someone wishing a player to have a career ending injury. As frustrating as his performance was yesterday that is out of order.

OgtheDim
05-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Watching the condensed game

First Van goal - Perquis pass was a yard to Osorio's left as he was running straight at Perquis but Osorio reacted poorly. Not good on either of them.

Second goal - Bradley got outjumped for a clearance out and all our midfield was in front of him. After that, it was just pure speed and rebound straight to their guy.

Not as bad a penalty take by Altidore as I thought but eminently savable. Didn't look injured in his run up but you could see the recognition of his injury slowly creep into him. Didn't look as bad as the time in NER last season but we'll see. Doubt he goes to Copa. & Kofi is one hot headed dude for what he was doing there during the run up to the penalty.

Seba's first goal is GOTW and likely will be in among the Goal of the Year brackets.

Ousted's save on the Seba free kick was him anticipating - he actually didn't have to do much once he took that step to the right.

Aird was just stupid to do those two fouls. Pointless, foolish, reckless. Although Beitashour had a poor game yesterday, I'm still happier with him then Aird.

That second goal was a mirror of their first goal and vintage Bradley. Anybody who claims he's not worth his salary really...well....I got no words.

3rd goal was just poor by both Perquis who let him walk inside of him in front of the box and Beitashour for biting on a move then diving in recovery.

4th goal was a bad pass by Johnson. Irwin should have had that though.

Babouli misses were...dispiriting. You could see that after that they put him slightly recessed so he wasn't as near the goal.

Canary10
05-15-2016, 07:29 AM
That was my first game in ages after having a baby. Who came out to the game and loved it. New TFC supporter for life!

Disappointing losing to Vancouver. Especially that way. Vancouver hasn't been able to score this year and they pried us apart at will. Backline couldn't deal with their pace.

Hope Jozy gets an MRI for his ego. Gio should have taken that penalty. Down 2-0 isn't a time for a sympathy choice to get someone some confidence back. And it backfired and he's in a worse head space then before.

Auzzy
05-15-2016, 07:32 AM
I watched the game on MLS Live very late last night, after returning from a party we organized (and after avoiding all news and social media so I wouldn't know what happened). Did anyone else watch it on MLS Live? There was a huge problem with the sound on MLS Live throughout the whole game. The crowd noise was louder than the commentary. You could only understand little snippets. Perhaps better to avoid some annoying commentary. :D

OgtheDim
05-15-2016, 07:45 AM

Hope Jozy gets an MRI for his ego. Gio should have taken that penalty. Down 2-0 isn't a time for a sympathy choice to get someone some confidence back. And it backfired and he's in a worse head space then before.

FWIW, Vanney said afterwards Seba decides who takes penalties.

Canary10
05-15-2016, 07:51 AM
FWIW, Vanney said afterwards Seba decides who takes penalties.

It looked that way on the pitch.

OgtheDim
05-15-2016, 07:57 AM
Interesting looking around the MLS site and people thought it was a fun game to watch played at a high level. Didn't feel that way in the stadium.

Canary10
05-15-2016, 08:02 AM
Interesting looking around the MLS site and people thought it was a fun game to watch played at a high level. Didn't feel that way in the stadium.

Felt frantic to me. Kinda out of control.

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:06 AM

A few reasons why I agree with Vanney that tonight, while frustrating for TFC fans, was a blip...

1) Toronto's back four won't be THAT bad again this season.
2) Vancouver, or anyone, won't be that clinical in front of goal again this season.
3) Other than Manneh twisting up a pair of defenders on the third, I just don't think Vancouver did much to earn those goals. Toronto FC gave them away.

In the end, soccer is a game of mistakes. If you make that many, you lose.

69Chevy396
05-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Here we are in May and Giovinco is still on every single goal scored this year. This guy is truly a BEAST and in a league of his own. If Seba leaves for Italy, this team is screwed.

Perquis put on a stink show the entire game and as for altidore, i want thiis worthless piece of crap gone asap.
Wasn't that perfect pass to Giovinco, which resulted in a goal, made by Perquis? Perquis made one glaring mistake, but was the best defender all game

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:14 AM
indeed...i find it entertaining that people actually think there would be interest in a terribly overrated forward that makes close to 5 million a year....he a shit player....our best hope would be that he retires early. Hopefully this injury ends his joke of a career.

It's a shame. Altidore was playing so well this season. And if we're honest, last night's penalty was another example of that. People talk about Giovinco being involved in every goal, well...

1) Altidore sets up equalizer at New England.
2) Altidore sets up winner at D.C.
3) Altidore draws game-winning PK at Montreal.
4) Altidore draws penalty vs. Vancouver.
5) In my opinion, Altidore should have been awarded a penalty in Portland.

I can't understand why people don't think he's been a massive part of TFC's offence this season...

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Wasn't that perfect pass to Giovinco, which resulted in a goal, made by Perquis? Perquis made one glaring mistake, but was the best defender all game

He was a bit soft on Manneh's third goal, too. Beitashour looks bad on it, but Perquis was there and didn't offer much when Manneh originally cut inside.

reggie
05-15-2016, 09:18 AM
A few reasons why I agree with Vanney that tonight, while frustrating for TFC fans, was a blip...

1) Toronto's back four won't be THAT bad again this season.
2) Vancouver, or anyone, won't be that clinical in front of goal again this season.
3) Other than Manneh twisting up a pair of defenders on the third, I just don't think Vancouver did much to earn those goals. Toronto FC gave them away.

In the end, soccer is a game of mistakes. If you make that many, you lose.
the prob is this club has no depth up front,and if GIO is gone for a month who will score,thats why they have bank these points on this home stand.

Auzzy
05-15-2016, 09:19 AM
In case everybody wan't feeling depressed enough about last night, here's a reminder:

TFC selected Kyle Bekker 3rd overall in the 2013 draft.

Vancouver selected Manneh 4th overall in the same draft. I know that Manneh has been pretty inconsistent -- but man oh man...

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:20 AM
the prob is this club has no depth up front,and if GIO is gone for a month who will score,thats why they have bank these points on this home stand.

Everyone is aware of that. But there's simply not much that can be done. I don't think TFC is going to go out and get a rent-a-player for a month only to be saddled with a salary they won't use later in the season. *See Moore/Gomez...

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:20 AM
In case everybody wan't feeling depressed enough about last night, here's a reminder:

TFC selected Kyle Bekker 3rd overall in the 2013 draft.

Vancouver selected Manneh 4th overall in the same draft. I know that Manneh has been pretty inconsistent -- but man oh man...

I made this point last night. It was a disastrous draft for Toronto FC.

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:24 AM
I'll just leave this right here...

Toronto FC started with 1st and 3rd overall selections ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_MLS_SuperDraft

ronzilla
05-15-2016, 09:34 AM

Perquis sent a gorgeous long ball to Seba for the assist, although he made a few errors while defending. It's unusual from him as he has been solid at the back this year and maybe this was just an off night.

Hamilton_Red
05-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Did we not trade Vancouver the draft spot for Manneh? He is a real talent - I'd be surprised if he doesn't head to Europe soon.

I made this point last night. It was a disastrous draft for Toronto FC.

CBTFC
05-15-2016, 09:45 AM
It was a 4-3 soccer game...we just simply lost the shoot out, as plain as that.

Both teams defenses sucked balls.

KurtLarSUN
05-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Did we not trade Vancouver the draft spot for Manneh? He is a real talent - I'd be surprised if he doesn't head to Europe soon.

Yes. Payne traded down more times than I can remember for allocation money. What TFC did with it is lost on me. Signed Laba? Urruti?

It truly was a disastrous draft. And that's coming from someone who understands that MLS drafts are often a crapshoot. This one shouldn't have been.

ag futbol
05-15-2016, 10:34 AM
We score 3 but give up 4 bad goals, and most of the talk is about our CF, and his performance versus his pay. Only on this Board.

Anyway I am not worried, we got pressed we mad mistakes, me must learn.
Well I mean when one of your highest paid players is often unavailable due to injury, has no goals on the season (as a forward), and misses a game tying penalty that will happen.

Not the only event on the day but I think some of the criticism is fair.

Fort York Redcoat
05-15-2016, 10:35 AM
It was a 4-3 soccer game...we just simply lost the shoot out, as plain as that.

Both teams defenses sucked balls.

This is nice to see.

Fort York Redcoat
05-15-2016, 10:36 AM
Yes. Payne traded down more times than I can remember for allocation money. What TFC did with it is lost on me. Signed Laba? Urruti?

It truly was a disastrous draft. And that's coming from someone who understands that MLS drafts are often a crapshoot. This one shouldn't have been.

Laba and Urruti weren't exactly busts we were just aiming higher at the time. I'm okay with it.

ag futbol
05-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Babouli misses were...dispiriting. You could see that after that they put him slightly recessed so he wasn't as near the goal.
I don't think either was particularly criminal. The one there was basically no angle and on the other Chapman just smashed it in his direction a little too hard and it bounced up on him. Could have been a soft pass and an easy tap in.

My issue with Babouli is he was dispossessed too often, tried to dribble his defender too often, and should have played inside the team.

Hamilton_Red
05-15-2016, 10:51 AM
No news on Osario?

Red CB Toronto
05-15-2016, 12:09 PM
No news on Osario?

He was out walking around after the game , so we shall see.