PDA

View Full Version : Carver trashing Cunny Thread

colman1860
07-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Feel free to close this once you've answered:

Why was the thread about Carver trashing Cunningham at somebodys kickaround yesterday moved to the paying members section? Just wondering really...I would have liked to read.:noidea:

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 11:16 AM

Why was the thread about Carver trashing Cunningham at somebodys kickaround yesterday moved to the paying members section? Just wondering really...I would have liked to read.:noidea:

Not to sound like a dick, but instead of creating another thread and wasting bandwith you could have just PM'd a MOD.

Sorry, but based on the explanation given, it was a very valid point and for only $25.00 a year you too can find the answer.:D

colman1860
07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Not to sound like a dick, but instead of creating another thread and wasting bandwith you could have just PM'd a MOD.

Sorry, but based on the explanation given, it was a very valid point and for only $25.00 a year you too can find the answer.:D

I would have PMd a mod but I didn't know who closed it. Don't worry, I will buy the membership at some point (probably the Dallas pregame tailgate), I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I wasnt aware that we had become such a secretive society that tidbits of information have a price of 25$ on them.

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I would have PMd a mod but I didn't know who closed it. Don't worry, I will buy the membership at some point (probably the Dallas pregame tailgate), I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I wasnt aware that we had become such a secretive society that tidbits of information have a price of 25$ on them.

LOL, I was kidding but JDG moved it so maybe shoot him a PM and ask why.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-27-2008, 11:24 AM
LoL...how about I buy a membership...and anyone who wants to read what's in the member section give me $3 and I'll let you use my account for 20mins a day :)

colman1860
07-27-2008, 11:25 AM
LOL, I was kidding but JDG moved it so maybe shoot him a PM and ask why.

Because he didn't want me to be able to see my pic in his sig?:D

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 11:26 AM
LoL...how about I buy a membership...and anyone who wants to read what's in the member section give me $3 and I'll let you use my account for 20mins a day :)

BRB, enterprenuering.:D

That was funny. but not sure the Mods would enjoy that as much.

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Because he didn't want me to be able to see my pic in his sig?:D

If I knew it was cool to at least PM you his quote I would, but at the risk of being BANNED I would suggest asking him.

Kevvv
07-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Becuase all sorts of people and media sorts come around here looking for scraps. The members-only section filters out at least some of them. And what was or wasn't said was third hand, so not thread-worthy, IMO.

colman1860
07-27-2008, 11:43 AM
So basically we dont want useless articles about Carver being a meanie? Fair enough. Close thread if you like.

Kevvv
07-27-2008, 11:44 AM
It's one thing if he says it in a room full of reporters, quite another if he says it to the guy in line next to him at Rona.

boban
07-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Where is the paying members section?

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 11:45 AM
So basically we dont want useless articles about Carver being a meanie? Fair enough. Close thread if you like.

Well that is a KNOWN fact.:D But on the plus side, the man wears his heart on his sleeve and for that I RESPECT him.

Off topic, but how many years did the Leafs have a coach that never held the players accountable?

FAR TOO MANY, and that is why they are a sad sack bunch right now.

colman1860
07-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Where is the paying members section?

Nowhere until you become a paying member, I believe.

Kickit09
07-27-2008, 01:00 PM
way too many mods on here are way too trigger happy. they'll look for ANYTHING to close, move, or lock. ANYTHING!

Draracle
07-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Well that is a KNOWN fact.:D But on the plus side, the man wears his heart on his sleeve and for that I RESPECT him.

Off topic, but how many years did the Leafs have a coach that never held the players accountable?

FAR TOO MANY, and that is why they are a sad sack bunch right now.

I'm with you. Pros that cry to momma when they get called out by management need to toughen up -- this isn't little league anymore. It might be something if the coach always blamed players and put them down, but Carver has stood up for his boys many times, and taken the fall many times. Cunny is a waste of bench space -- Carver would look like an idiot trying to defend him.

JDG
07-27-2008, 01:13 PM
way too many mods on here are way too trigger happy. they'll look for ANYTHING to close, move, or lock. ANYTHING!

Glad you like it here.
I made a judgement that Carver's comments were not said with the expectation that they would be appearing in the news withn 24 hours, and I know that there are many reporters that read our forum to see what's going on. A few of these reporters are on the lookout for something to misrepresent. I am not interested in feeding the vultures.
The thread is alive and well in the Members area. If you want access, you know what to do.

boban
07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Glad you like it here.
The thread is alive and well in the Members area. If you want access, you know what to do.
What? Pay?

rocker
07-27-2008, 01:41 PM
i think Carver was actually pretty easy on the boys for the opening third or so of the season. sometimes I thought they didn't play that great and he'd be saying they did what he asked so he can't blame them.

colman1860
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
A few of these reporters are on the lookout for something to misrepresent. I am not interested in feeding the vultures.

What tells you that it would be misrepresented? Seems to me as though it's just something we don't like and want to hide it away. It's a public message board, isn't it?

JDG
07-27-2008, 02:17 PM
What tells you that it would be misrepresented? Seems to me as though it's just something we don't like and want to hide it away. It's a public message board, isn't it?

Seriously - this board is one of the most accessible faces of our little community.
If people want to call Carver out for his tactics - Great! He'd be the first to agree that mistakes have been made.
If he wants to make some comments to a few individuals in a private setting, he should have a reasonable expectation of privacy. This is not the place where his comments should be made public.
As I said earlier, the thread was not trashed, it was moved to a more private forum. If you don't like it, take out a Membership and campaign to abolish the private forums. Not everyone likes them, but they serve a purpose.

If you think that items that originate on this forum are not being misrepresented elsewhere, you're not reading from too many sources then.

ExiledRed
07-27-2008, 03:00 PM
^^Seriously though.

If Carver says something like that, to people he doesnt really know, then he should expect it to get out. It's not the job of anybody here to censor the words of our coach. If Carver doesnt want that 'out there' he should keep his trap shut, end of.

Azerban
07-27-2008, 03:45 PM
does anyone actually believe that story is real

jesus christ people

FluSH
07-27-2008, 03:54 PM
What? Pay?

Unfortunately at this time that is all it takes to be an RPB... paying your member dues... People should get initiated by fighting a pack of wolves while chanting Forza T.O. correctly! That would be better!!!

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately at this time that is all it takes to be an RPB... paying your member dues... People should get initiated by fighting a pack of wolves while chanting Forza T.O. correctly! That would be better!!!

OK, so you make it easy by telling us we have to fight a pack of wolves, then set us up for sure PHAILURE by making us sing Forza T,O.:D