PDA

View Full Version : Go Train Platform Construction

GreatWhiteNorth
05-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Does anyone know where the construction on the platforms stands? Are they still in "temporary" mode, or have they completed construction and back to normal?

Pint
05-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Was still under construction as of last sunday.

GreatWhiteNorth
05-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Was still under construction as of last sunday.

Thank you kind sir!

fergiejr
05-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Much better signage this year, but it does not look like it will be completed by season's end. Like Pint says, same situation as last year.

Pint
05-06-2016, 09:48 AM
I actually don't mind the construction since I know where i'm going, i kinda find it funny to see a bunch of people running for the train when it stops 200m from where they are standing.

magmadragon
05-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Looks like the other exit in the tunnel is open for people who are only going to the train and not into Liberty Village.

nfitz
05-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Looks like the other exit in the tunnel is open for people who are only going to the train and not into Liberty Village.No..

Brooker
05-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Seems like it's been going on forever. In the Winter it's a pain in the dick.

james
05-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Exhibtion has been under construction for so long now, the GO stations still looks the same to me as last year, I didn't even notice what had changed, what are they even building? renovating? the streetcar is also under construction...anyone know when the streetcars are dated to return to Exhibtion stop? and what are they renovating?

nfitz
05-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Exhibtion has been under construction for so long now, the GO stations still looks the same to me as last year, I didn't even notice what had changed, what are they even building? renovating? the streetcar is also under construction...anyone know when the streetcars are dated to return to Exhibtion stop? and what are they renovating?They are rebuilding the platforms. As part of this (and I'm not sure they realised the full situation until after they started), they've had to replace the retaining wall between the GO platform and the streetcar loop. This required a long shut-down of the streetcar tracks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that although they'd originally planned to only get the streetcars restored for the Ex, that they are now planning for the end of June.

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/509_Loop.jsp

james
05-08-2016, 05:49 PM
They are rebuilding the platforms. As part of this (and I'm not sure they realised the full situation until after they started), they've had to replace the retaining wall between the GO platform and the streetcar loop. This required a long shut-down of the streetcar tracks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that although they'd originally planned to only get the streetcars restored for the Ex, that they are now planning for the end of June.

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/509_Loop.jsp

thanks for the info.

magmadragon
05-08-2016, 07:21 PM
No..

When heading north through the tunnel, wasn't the exit on the right side blocked off last year, so everyone had to go one way to the left? Looked open to me. Though in fairness I usually go along dufferin so its not my regular route.

burlington Red
05-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Looks like the other exit in the tunnel is open for people who are only going to the train and not into Liberty Village.

yes that's right. Exit on left takes those that are going to libery village, exit on right is for train. Exit on right wasn't there last season, and that's what caused problems as people went up the stairs on the left and stood in that area waiting on train. When is stopped people in that area could not board train, hence we had all those people then making last dash to board via the first few carriages further down the track. The simple addition of that train exit on right has helped big time.