PDA

View Full Version : Help with Accessible seats for home opener

bman27
05-05-2016, 03:20 PM
I know this might not be the right place, but I am hoping someone would be able to help. I am looking to exchange my pair of seats in 220 row 8 with anyone that has a pair of tickets in one of the accessible sections, which have the letter A behind the section name. My father is battling cancer, and this week was ordered into traveling in a wheelchair by his doctor. The club opens up accessible seats to the public a couple weeks before the games that are not sold and they are all now sold up. He is determined to make it to the opener and it would be much easier to not have to do the stairs. If you don't mind where you are sitting and just grabbed seats in one of these sections I would love to trade with you, including paying the difference in value if there is one.

Thanks!

Joe Kool
05-05-2016, 04:28 PM
I know this might not be the right place, but I am hoping someone would be able to help. I am looking to exchange my pair of seats in 220 row 8 with anyone that has a pair of tickets in one of the accessible sections, which have the letter A behind the section name. My father is battling cancer, and this week was ordered into traveling in a wheelchair by his doctor. The club opens up accessible seats to the public a couple weeks before the games that are not sold and they are all now sold up. He is determined to make it to the opener and it would be much easier to not have to do the stairs. If you don't mind where you are sitting and just grabbed seats in one of these sections I would love to trade with you, including paying the difference in value if there is one.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your dad. My wife has been fighting a losing battle for 9 years now with her illness and ends up in a wheelchair from time to time.

Did you talk to the TFC account reps directly about that? Sometimes they can help you out. They helped me back in the day.

If TFC can't help I have my season seats in an accessible area since my wife is quite ill and sometimes needs a wheelchair from time to time. I have 4 tickets there so that gives lots of space but I will be attending with my family on Saturday and don't really want to split up from them since I am not sure how my wife will be feeling that day and if she will need me and my kids are kind of young to send them off somewhere else in the stadium but you are welcome to join us at our seats. There will be room for you and your father to be with us if you want. I know most of the ushers from my six seasons of being there in those seats which would help if we had to deal with any issues with you joining us but you never know if the same ones will be back again this season. I don't see an issue though even if they are looking at one ticket per seat kind of thing we can talk to them. Up to you. Let me know.

Red CB Toronto
05-05-2016, 04:35 PM

Thanks!

I would call TFC directly tomorrow, I would suspect they would be very Accomidating with an exchange. Fingers Crossed !

bigredone
05-06-2016, 08:24 AM
I can if it's not too late. You will have to walk me through this process too.

I pm'd ya.

Eastend
05-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Call TFC FO and ask to speak with Greig Young. He is a manager and I'm sure he can assist. There is always a way.

Good luck.

Dom

pdelgadinho
05-06-2016, 08:42 AM
I have a son in a wheelchair so I sometimes have to swap my seats for accessible seats. I believe they may hold back a handful until game day because my account manager always tells me to go to Guest Services at the game to swap my seats. This has been a constant battle with them and a poor solution in my opinion because it is not easy getting through a busy stadium with a wheelchair and there is no guarantee Guest Services will even be able to accommodate the request.

I hope everything works out for you!

OfficeGuy
05-06-2016, 12:23 PM
YES - hopefully the Ushers will be able to work something out for you

Justin10000
05-06-2016, 01:03 PM
TFC will definitely help you out. I know accessible seats are held back for anyone who needs them. I actually used to buy accessible seats in the early year because they were available on game day.

mistercorporate
05-06-2016, 01:03 PM
They are selling $20 standing room tickets in the patio section, perhaps it would be easier to buy some tickets there? You guys can then stand next to him while your father watches from his wheelchair. Best of luck.

bman27
05-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone thank you so much for your suggestions and offers of help, after speaking with my ticket rep on Wednesday and there being nothing available, i just received a note from him that has solved the problem! Thanks everyone!

bigredone
05-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Seems as though the FO knows the drill, but seating is fire code finite. So if anyone else is in a similar situation than my offer still stands.