PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 9 - Let Us Live Inside This Sweet Mystery - Dallas @ TFC - Sat May 7 7:30pm

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Finally

Home

Let It Be So

e8-q8_odf2w

notthesun
05-01-2016, 06:08 PM
I remember how deflating it was to lose to Houston in our home opener last year. Finally got to watch the team at home and they fell flat.

Huge crowd, team is playing well, and Dallas is on a bad run of form... have to come out with a win in this one.

reggie
05-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Dallas will be pissed losing 3 and 4 nil the last 2 games,tough game.

mowe
05-01-2016, 06:54 PM
I remember how deflating it was to lose to Houston in our home opener last year. Finally got to watch the team at home and they fell flat.

Huge crowd, team is playing well, and Dallas is on a bad run of form... have to come with with a win in this one.
Yeah last year was so disappointing. Really hope they don't shit the bed again.

Discostu81
05-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Also, please don't rain this time!

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Also, please don't rain this time!

Would rain not be the perfect setting, to truly get a feel for how lucky we are with a roof, just a thought !

Petor
05-02-2016, 05:12 AM
The TTC is doing something for the home opener!

Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Bathurst to Jane closure on May 7 and 8
http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/Line2-Bloor-Danforth_Oss-Jane-weekend.jsp

Discostu81
05-02-2016, 07:06 AM
Would rain not be the perfect setting, to truly get a feel for how lucky we are with a roof, just a thought !

Touche! May as well put it to the test right from the off!

Pint
05-02-2016, 07:17 AM

You mean for 60+% of the stadium to realize you will still be getting rained on?

Red CB Toronto
05-02-2016, 07:55 AM
You mean for 60+% of the stadium to realize you will still be getting rained on?

Guess it will depend on how heavy it is and in what way the wind is swirling. Under some circumtances you could even get rained on while on the west concourse under the stands.

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Midges. Then rain. Then way more midges.

Areathrasher
05-02-2016, 08:31 AM

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/Line2-Bloor-Danforth_Oss-Jane-weekend.jsp

Oh balls

molenshtain
05-02-2016, 01:02 PM

I hate this city so much.

OgtheDim
05-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Midges. Then rain. Then way more midges.

This is the usual weekend on the calendar for those midges.

Not as many subway closures (https://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp) as last year but...the streetcar stops at Fleet while they redo the Exhibition loop.

Discostu81
05-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Game 3 for the Raptors is at 5pm...expect that to hinder our chances of having the place full at kick-off.

cdnorman
05-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Weather forecast is for 24 degrees and sunny. Another way to test the roof is to see how it works as sunscreen...during the day games, at least.

I have to think the team's not as keyed up for this as last year. There's a lot more composure in the squad and they've been through this once before. But Dallas will be a big test.

bigredone
05-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Match Day Mayhem! The buZz has been ringing in my head for days and in my heart since the seasons start. Can't wait to see all the changes to the atmosphere and if our fears or hopes will be realized with our house. I hope to see Oso, any word on injury?

SoccMan2
05-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Yup expect to see a lot of empty seats due to the Raptors game even though it starts at 5PM, might even see a lot of casuals even with tickets not bothering going due to the Raptors game.

OgtheDim
05-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Weather forecast is for 24 degrees and sunny. Another way to test the roof is to see how it works as sunscreen...during the day games, at least.

Gotta check the Toronto Islands Forecast. This weekend one is not looking good for that evening. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weekend-weather-forecast/ontario/toronto-islands

We'll get the hourly forecast tomorrow.

CanadaLFC
05-03-2016, 06:32 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/homeopener

There's a blurb that says "get ready to join stadium display". If this is some sort of stadium-wide TIFO, it could be disastrous if people don't show on time.

Fort York Redcoat
05-04-2016, 08:13 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/homeopener

There's a blurb that says "get ready to join stadium display". If this is some sort of stadium-wide TIFO, it could be disastrous if people don't show on time.

Uh oh. Maybe they should leave the tifo in Jurassic Park so peeps can bring their to BMO and put it up whenever they arrive. g:D

Jack
05-04-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm gutted I won't be able to make the first match in our revamped home :frown:

I guess that's the life of a Dance Dad. I'll be watching and listening to all of you and cheering from my chair!

Chubbs
05-04-2016, 10:07 AM
MLSE should broadcast the Raps game on the big screen before the match starts, that plus some cheap beer special would probably have the stadium nicely packed for kickoff.

mistercorporate
05-04-2016, 10:32 AM
MLSE should broadcast the Raps game on the big screen before the match starts, that plus some cheap beer special would probably have the stadium nicely packed for kickoff.

Now there's a great idea! Cross promotion of MLSE properties, they should do likewise at Jurassic Park for TFC games!

SarniaTFC
05-04-2016, 12:20 PM
What a fantastic idea that is!

Pint
05-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Raps game on during warm up? no thanks. The amount of whining that would happen when the game was about to kickoff and the raps were tied with 2 min left in the 4th and was turned off would be unbearable from the casual fan.

ronzilla
05-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Not a good idea at all. Would other sports team do the same for TFC? Not a chance.

I couldn't care less about the raptors.

OgtheDim
05-04-2016, 12:55 PM
If the Raps game was guaranteed to finish 2 hours before kick off, show it on the North side of that screen, no problem. Otherwise, nope, and never inside the stadium on a game day. This is OUR game, not MLSE.

ryan
05-04-2016, 01:01 PM
You guys are kidding yourselves. MLSE loves team cross promotion, even with the Blue Jays and Argos.

Ultra & Proud
05-04-2016, 01:02 PM
If the Raps game was guaranteed to finish 2 hours before kick off, show it on the North side of that screen, no problem. Otherwise, nope, and never inside the stadium on a game day. This is OUR game, not MLSE.
Agree with this. No stream of the game during our pre-game. It would however be nice to throw up the score on the screen when the Raps game ends and then show a highlight pack at halftime. Of course I've been saying to show MLS highlights of concurrent matches during the half for years on that survey thing but it never happens. It's not like the team has any access to a TV sports network or anything.

OgtheDim
05-04-2016, 01:14 PM
You guys are kidding yourselves. MLSE loves team cross promotion, even with the Blue Jays and Argos.

Oh, I know. I'm just telling you what I've seen a few supporters think. During the NYRB game last October, I didn't mind getting score updates. But, showing the game live within the stadium? No thanks.

TFC Tifoso
05-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Oh, I know. I'm just telling you what I've seen a few supporters think. During the NYRB game last October, I didn't mind getting score updates. But, showing the game live within the stadium? No thanks.

It was being shown on the TV's in the BMO Field box office and there were quite a few (including me) huddled around.....in all honesty, I'm glad I did, otherwise I would've missed seeing one of the city's most iconic sports moments of our generation live....not to say another will definitely happen in the Raptors' game on Saturday, but you never know when these things may happen.....though I've gotta say that had the Jays game that night not been an elimination game, I would've probably passed on the rest and caught the TFC game inside from the 1st minute.....

I find that many TFC fans (or those who go to games at least) are also Toronto sports fans in general, but unfortunately vice versa is not necessarily true.....

Hugh Jazz
05-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Just over a year ago we had Hagglund starting at RB and Morrow at CB for our game against Dallas. Feeling much better this time around.

Detroit_TFC
05-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Hope the weather report is wrong.

shwade
05-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Hope the weather report is wrong.

Sunny, partly cloudy? hope it stays...

ronzilla
05-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Their calling for showers saturday night.

TFC/Everton
05-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Sunny, partly cloudy? hope it stays...

Don't know what forecast you are looking at, but the weather network is calling for 5mm of rain and my iphone app says possible thunder showers.

CBTFC
05-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Game is still 70ish hours away, a lot can change in terms of weather conditions. Just follow the hourly forecast and radar over the day Saturday

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2016, 09:45 PM
It would be somewhat poetic if it rains during the home opener.

Initial B
05-04-2016, 09:45 PM
My guess is that the lightning comes out to postpone the game. It seems to happen a lot with these two teams. I'm pretty sure TFC won't win. Tie, maybe, but the soccer gods don't want to give us any momentum to build on at home.

khso11
05-05-2016, 05:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNa5cVcR5qk

:scarf:

OgtheDim
05-05-2016, 06:13 AM
The window of rain right now sits at between 2 and 9 but as others have said, a lot can happen in 48 hours.

ensco
05-05-2016, 07:06 AM
This game is a really interesting test of where we are given Dallas' team speed and general organization.

We have looked a lot more recently like a good counter-attacking team (dare I say it, like Leicester) than a simple backs-to-the-wall team (my minority view of the first 5-6 games), but this game will be telling.

If Vanney is really putting this together, this should be a highly entertaining game.

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2016, 07:51 AM
This game is a really interesting test of where we are given Dallas' team speed and general organization.

We have looked a lot more recently like a good counter-attacking team (dare I say it, like Leicester) than a simple backs-to-the-wall team (my minority view of the first 5-6 games), but this game will be telling.

If Vanney is really putting this together, this should be a highly entertaining game.

And the winner of the first Leicester comparison for TFC is...g:D

Supporters Shield now guaranteed by ensco.g:Dg:D

T-boy
05-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Their calling for showers saturday night.

Damn, I'll have to try and sneak my umbrella into the stadium.

Oh wait.....ROOF!!!!!!! :pbjtime:

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2016, 09:51 AM
http://macsystems.com/Abracadabra-71.jpg

Well I, for one, will miss some of the craziest gamedays ever.

OgtheDim
05-05-2016, 09:57 AM
From what I can see from the Toronto Island forecasts, the rain accumulation over 8 hours will be 5 mm and is supposed to slow sometime between 7 and 8 pm (that's already a change from last night) More annoying then actually wet.

For those of you used to watching the weather like we had to in Mid Western Ontario, its basically a weak front passing through without the change from warm to cold that brings about thunderstorms.

BUT, couple that wet with the midges we might see this weekend and there is going to be a lot of "OH MY GOSH SPORTS OUTDOORS IS HAAAARD!!!" from people not used to this stuff. A lot of people have gotten soft in Toronto about watching sports.

The best way to counter that?

Beer, noise and a win

Ultra & Proud
05-05-2016, 10:45 AM
I don't care about rain, temperature, or wind but fuck them midges. Second most annoying thing at BMO after that blond Rachel Version 2.0 they march out for giveaways and crap.

mistercorporate
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
The date on the thread title is wrong, it should be May 7, not May 6.

A Stick
05-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I want my Rachel back.

KRO
05-05-2016, 03:20 PM
As long as the rain fall on Saturday evening is perfectly vertical we'll all stay dry. Any wind at all and I think some of us will be very disappointed.

Ruffian
05-05-2016, 03:32 PM
I want my Rachel back.

Ill take Danielle Emanuele over Rachel all day.

flambe
05-05-2016, 03:36 PM
As long as the rain fall on Saturday evening is perfectly vertical we'll all stay dry. Any wind at all and I think some of us will be very disappointed.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

OgtheDim
05-05-2016, 03:46 PM
The date on the thread title is wrong, it should be May 7, not May 6.

Um...Um......why didn't I notice that for 5 days?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

OgtheDim
05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I would note that the Saturday rain is now forecasted to start at 5 pm and to last until after 9.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/ontario/toronto-islands

i.e. The system is moving slower then predicted.

We've seen this before. It is quite possible that by tomorrow that the rain will be set to start around game time and by Saturday morning it will be an overnight shower. We'll see.

Red CB Toronto
05-05-2016, 07:29 PM
The Reds on the pitch at BMO for the first time in 2016.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChurVXkU4AEKrAE.jpg:large

GuelphStorm2007
05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Ill take Danielle Emanuele over Rachel all day.
I totally agree..

SoccMan2
05-05-2016, 07:40 PM
That's a beautiful CFL stadium circa the 1960's that the reds out stepping into for the first time this year, lol!

GuelphStorm2007
05-05-2016, 07:41 PM
It should be a interesting match. With speed Dallas has , and TFC counter attacking looking very forward to a good game. Dallasa has lost there last few games so I think they will motivated big time . As will TFC who out chanced Portland big time last week and still lost.

molenshtain
05-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Dallas are an absolute dumpster fire at the back without Hedges. They also don't ever try and play any crosses, preferring to have everything going through Diaz. Best way to play Dallas is to keep doing what we're doing - get narrow and let them have the wings, break quickly through the channels and let Seba run at their defenders on an island.

2-0 for the good guys is my best bet.

OgtheDim
05-05-2016, 10:27 PM
You know

Is it just me, or is anybody else sick and tired of all the freaking complaining about this team.

The list of TFC things I've heard complained about in the last week alone (and not just in here) or complained about myself

Bradley
Altidore
Vanney
Bez
Leiweke
The canopies
The North Stand
The New scarf
The Official March to the Match
How the Supporters groups don't work together well
Night games
The North Stand take down
Osorio
Endoh
The artificial turf that will be under the north and south seats
Delgado
Lovitz
Blue seats
Hamilton
Babouli
The Beer choices
Chapman
The Pop Up Shop
The New Uniforms
The media coverage we do get
Our inability to score goals
Our focus on defence
Lack of media coverage
Rachel Bonnetta
The idea of them doing a stadium redo at all
The buying of DP's
The Argo groundshare
The lack of focus on player development
How TFCII is run
The new bag policy
The TTC this weekend
The weather
The bugs

Yup, there are always concerns - the Argo affect on the grass among others.

But, gosh we people supporting TFC like to complain.

Time for an attitude reset:

We are within 48 hours of the home opener

We have a team that has done REALLY well in a long road trip

The defence is not a pile of shit

We have arguably the best dang player in the league ever

The first game is close to a sell out and might actually be a fullish stadium

We have a 30 000 + seat soccer stadium in the middle of our city.

With something akin to a roof over it.

With decent amenities.

Can we PLEASE stop bitching about how its all not freaking perfect.

On Saturday night, all the moaning can wait. Time to support the Reds. :scarf:

OgtheDim
05-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Ok, here's my list of things people have said positives about this week

The grass
The Canopies
The lack of a lot of blue
The beer
How Dallas has had a bad couple of weeks
Vanney
Bez
Altidore
Seba
Irwin
Moor
Perquis
Morrow
Osorio
Beitashour
Johnson
Bradley
Delgado
Endoh
Babouli
Morgan
The grounds crew
The march
The RPB
The stadium site
The previous games this season
Manning

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Look, I'm not asking people to not complain. I do and probably will. The Argo grass thing is a serious concern. But for Pete's sake we have it SOOOOOOOO much better then most teams in MLS.

And within 48 hours we get to do what we want again, finally, after 7 months. Can't wait.

Auzzy
05-05-2016, 10:51 PM
You know

Is it just me, or is anybody else sick and tired of all the freaking complaining about this team.

The list of TFC things I've heard complained about in the last week alone (and not just in here) or complained about myself

Bradley
Altidore
Vanney
Bez
Leiweke
The canopies
The North Stand
The New scarf
Night games
Osorio
Endoh
Delgado
Lovitz
Blue seats
Hamilton
Babouli
The Beer choices
Chapman
The Pop Up Shop
The New Uniforms
Our focus on defence
Lack of media coverage
Rachel Bonnetta
The buying of DP's
The Argo groundshare
How TFCII is run
The new bag policy
The TTC this weekend
The weather
The bugs

<snip>

Now people are even complaining about the complaining, FFS. :D

ensco
05-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Those are all small beer.

Where is Joao Pinto?

Derko
05-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Flight lands at 4:25 from Dublin, Saturday afternoon, jerseys and scarves are in Harry's truck and he will be waiting to whisk is off to BMO. Pumped for the opener

Detroit_TFC
05-06-2016, 08:33 AM
The anxiety level seems high right now. Hopefully 3 pts tomorrow will provide some satisfaction.

Oldtimer
05-06-2016, 08:41 AM

This needed to be said.

Oldtimer
05-06-2016, 08:42 AM
The anxiety level seems high right now. Hopefully 3 pts tomorrow will provide some satisfaction.

If we lose, expect the usual meltdown.

So let's hope for a nice home win. This team can do it!

Still Kicking
05-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I will abstain from complaining about 99% of your list for the next 24 hours....

but that scarf....

Cuppy
05-06-2016, 11:20 AM
You know

Bradley
Altidore
Vanney
Bez
Leiweke
The canopies
The North Stand
The New scarf
Night games
Osorio
Endoh
Delgado
Lovitz
Blue seats
Hamilton
Babouli
The Beer choices
Chapman
The Pop Up Shop
The New Uniforms
Our focus on defence
Lack of media coverage
Rachel Bonnetta
The buying of DP's
The Argo groundshare
How TFCII is run
The new bag policy
The TTC this weekend
The weather
The bugs

With decent amenities.

This had to be said. well done

Cas87
05-06-2016, 11:48 AM
You know

Bradley
Altidore
Vanney
Bez
Leiweke
The canopies
The North Stand
The New scarf
Night games
Osorio
Endoh
Delgado
Lovitz
Blue seats
Hamilton
Babouli
The Beer choices
Chapman
The Pop Up Shop
The New Uniforms
Our focus on defence
Lack of media coverage
Rachel Bonnetta
The buying of DP's
The Argo groundshare
How TFCII is run
The new bag policy
The TTC this weekend
The weather
The bugs

With decent amenities.

+1000

Well said OG.
Lets push pause for now, and do what we all want to do ... Support the Boys on the Field.

Dunkers
05-06-2016, 12:27 PM
I am bit nervous for this game, I think we have done a great job on the road and have become comfortable with the counter attacking approach. I don't think that will be the strategy deployed at home, and feel that Portland was able to expose our weakness at the back (lack of speed when we push up). Moore and Perquis are doing well, but neither is very quick to recover on the counter. Dallas has some speed up top in Castillo and the rest of the attacking kids, I really hope we come out with the right strategy and don't press too high.

Hoping for a 2-1 Win with TFC grinding out the win in the last 1/4 of the match.

Scotty74
05-06-2016, 01:38 PM
I think TFC got this one, 2-0. They owe it to us after the massive letdown of the Houston home opener defeat last year.

Pissed at the TTC closing down half the transit in the city this weekend, Exhibition Loop closed, Line 2 closed west of Bathurst to Jane so difficult to get Dufferin or Ossington buses south, looks like it's the King streetcar, my least favourite way to get to BMO. :frown2:

Red CB Toronto
05-06-2016, 01:45 PM
All ready for tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chys1o_XAAA79F3.jpg:large

notthesun
05-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Osorio available for tomorrow as per Molinaro.

mistercorporate
05-06-2016, 02:03 PM

In that case, TFC 2-1.

KurtLarSUN
05-06-2016, 02:08 PM
You know

Bradley
Altidore
Vanney
Bez
Leiweke
The canopies
The North Stand
The New scarf
Night games
Osorio
Endoh
Delgado
Lovitz
Blue seats
Hamilton
Babouli
The Beer choices
Chapman
The Pop Up Shop
The New Uniforms
Our focus on defence
Lack of media coverage
Rachel Bonnetta
The buying of DP's
The Argo groundshare
How TFCII is run
The new bag policy
The TTC this weekend
The weather
The bugs

With decent amenities.

And.... Larson

Graeme
05-06-2016, 02:27 PM

YES!

I would love to see:

---------------------Irwin-----------------
--Beitashour--Perquis--Moor--Morrow--
--Endoh--Bradley--Johnson--Osorio--
-------Altidore------Giovinco-----------

but maybe Delgado is more likely than Endoh?

notthesun
05-06-2016, 03:24 PM
If Osorio is fit enough to start he probably returns to the top of the diamond and Endoh is pushed back to the bench, with Delgado-Bradley-Johnson making up the rest of the midfield.

ensco
05-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Sat, 7 May
Increasing cloudiness. Showers beginning in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 18 except 13 near Lake Ontario. UV index 6 or high.

Night
Showers ending in the evening then clearing. Wind south 20 km/h becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 in the evening. Low plus 4.

Super
05-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm not even really thinking about the game right now. I'm just excited to be back at BMO. Once I'm in the ground and I've had a chance to take in the new look of the stadium I'm sure I'll begin to think about the game.

Historic day tomorrow either way!

akoto
05-06-2016, 04:14 PM
http://macsystems.com/Abracadabra-71.jpg

Well I, for one, will miss some of the craziest gamedays ever.

Some of my best memories at BMO have been in the rain. They will still happen though. We just have a bit of an umbrella now.

bigredone
05-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Triple YES to Oso. If he and the Atomic Ant can score I will go ballistic.

No way a bit of rain will ruin this day. As Fort York Redcoat remembered, they were the craziest of games. If we do see lightning it could just be Endoh off the bench.

ensco
05-06-2016, 05:27 PM
It'll be interesting to see what effect those roof "blades" have when the wind is blowing strong. Which it seems it may be doing tomorrow.

ronzilla
05-06-2016, 05:37 PM
11 degrees and overcast. It could actually turn out to be a decent night, just a little on the cool side.

OgtheDim
05-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Current Toronto Island Hourly Forecast

http://i.imgur.com/TWhWZdR.png

Hamilton_Red
05-06-2016, 08:58 PM
I was at Portland last week and while we lost the game..I didn't walk away complaining like I usually do. We out played them and could have as easily won 4-2.. in as intimidating a crowd as you'll get in MLS. This TFC team is the best we have had & I am pumped for them to come out tomorrow and really show how good they are. 4-0 for me... the stadium looks great and that forecast might show the benefits of the roof to the fans. Please for the love of soccer... fill the place early. It was cool to see the Timbers Army in full voice 30+ minutes before the game. Enjoy...should be the best home opener yet.

Super
05-06-2016, 09:04 PM
I'd definitely prefer a full stadium with no rain over a rain game. The roof will still bring out a better crowd if it rains than before the roof, so overall it should be good.

andyc
05-06-2016, 11:03 PM
<1mm per hour... That's not rain it's more like humidity.... 8-) Roll on game time!

Current Toronto Island Hourly Forecast

http://i.imgur.com/TWhWZdR.png

OgtheDim
05-07-2016, 06:23 AM
GAME DAY :scarf:

CBTFC
05-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Based on TWN hourly forecast, we're due to get a small passing storm cell moving in mid afternoon and lasting past final whistle.

Our new canopy/umbrella/awning will show it's worth right off the bat.

Deltron
05-07-2016, 08:30 AM
The forecast for game time looks better today than it did yesterday, now only light rain.

ronzilla
05-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Weather forecasts are just as accurate as a flip of a coin. Im calling no rain tonight. Now lets win this !

CBTFC
05-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Weather forecasts are just as accurate as a flip of a coin. Im calling no rain tonight. Now lets win this !

I've found on the TWN app hourly forecast and live radar, it's pretty damn accurate .

Take a look at the radar yourself, giant separated storm system coming in from over Michigan/Thunder Bay

jbgoode70
05-07-2016, 08:39 AM
Anyone know how to locate a bus leaving from Brampton or Mississauga? I can't face the traffic and parking for another season.

rowan
05-07-2016, 08:40 AM
FYI: I was out jogging along the Harbourfront yesterday and the swirling midge orgies are out in full force, flying into your eyes & mouth like it's going out of style.

Deltron
05-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Any predictions today? I have a feeling we win big, 3-0 Jozy breaks out of his scoring slump and scores 2. :scarf:

mistercorporate
05-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Anyone know how to locate a bus leaving from Brampton or Mississauga? I can't face the traffic and parking for another season.

Look on Google Maps transit planner, it will tell you shortest route downtown. Square One GO Bus will be running to Union Station quite frequently and is quite comfortable. Great view of the stadium as you drive past it too.

jbgoode70
05-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Look on Google Maps transit planner, it will tell you shortest route downtown. Square One GO Bus will be running to Union Station quite frequently and is quite comfortable. Great view of the stadium as you drive past it too.

Thanks, I was actually meaning one of those school busses from a pub or somewhere. I've seen one regularly on the 410 last year but could never figure out where it came from.

molenshtain
05-07-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm way too excited. Gonna go down to the stadium for 5 to check everything out.

On another note, can someone explain to me why literally every single one of the cool food options/carts are on the east side? It's very irritating.

ronzilla
05-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Looks good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch3WlU4UkAARZ5M.jpg:large

mistercorporate
05-07-2016, 11:13 AM
I like Endoh in the Osorio role, makes damn good sense. Vanney may have found his mojo.

Ivy
05-07-2016, 11:14 AM
What's wrong with Osorio in the Osorio role?

molenshtain
05-07-2016, 11:28 AM
What's wrong with Osorio in the Osorio role?

he doesn't like playing forward passes. Or shooting. Two things you kind of need to do a lot of at AM.

DOMIN8R
05-07-2016, 11:41 AM
I think Endoh serves us better wide with his mix of skills and our team's needs.

shwade
05-07-2016, 11:46 AM
I think Endoh serves us better wide with his mix of skills and our team's needs.

Agreed...the speed and agility he's shown so far looks like he would fare better out wide..instead of Delgado but then there's a defence issue with Oso and Endoh both on.

dutch
05-07-2016, 11:53 AM
What time is the parade leaving Shoeless? Got supporters tickets for my brother and I. Gonna meet up there first

OgtheDim
05-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Hmm....latest radar says rain done by kick off.

Ivy
05-07-2016, 12:53 PM
What time is the parade leaving Shoeless? Got supporters tickets for my brother and I. Gonna meet up there first
The parade never leaves.

ag futbol
05-07-2016, 01:58 PM
he doesn't like playing forward passes. Or shooting. Two things you kind of need to do a lot of at AM.
I'd disagree with that, he played quite a few last time we saw him in that spot.

MightyDM
05-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Osorio was excellent in the Montreal game. Endoh has lots of potential, but he simply isn't able to be an AM yet. Keep him on the wing, if you play him at all.

ensco
05-07-2016, 02:44 PM
If we do play the diamond, that chart above makes no sense - surely Johnson plays at the top, with two of Oso, Endoh, or Delgado in the middle

ensco
05-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Wind not swinging around and picking up until after the game.

molenshtain
05-07-2016, 02:45 PM
If we do play the diamond, that chart above makes no sense - surely Johnson plays at the top, with two of Oso, Endoh, or Delgado in the middle

Why would you play Johnson at the top?

portu
05-07-2016, 02:52 PM
I really REALLY do not understand the Oso hate lately. The guy is one of the more technically apt players on this team and one of the few players that CAN play a decent through ball. One of the only things that can feasibly be held against him is his willingness and ability to shoot the ball.

molenshtain
05-07-2016, 02:57 PM
I really REALLY do not understand the Oso hate lately. The guy is one of the more technically apt players on this team and one of the few players that CAN play a decent through ball. One of the only things that can feasibly be held against him is his willingness and ability to shoot the ball.

he never, ever, ever plays through balls. Ive seen him do it at most 5 times in 4 years.

portu
05-07-2016, 03:28 PM
he never, ever, ever plays through balls. Ive seen him do it at most 5 times in 4 years.
I guess his 7 assists last year were a figment of my imagination then.

PopePouri
05-07-2016, 05:21 PM

He played 3 decent ones in Montreal alone.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Any streams please?

the beat
05-07-2016, 06:46 PM
https://streamup.com/Iustis
http://giostreams.eu/66.html

Think everyone's at the game...

Richard
05-07-2016, 06:48 PM
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/toronto-fc-vs-fc-dallas-live-streaming

Inklink
05-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Jozy needs to stop sulking.

James17930
05-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Stadium looks great. The north area looks closer to the pitch and fuller than I thought it would. I was worried it would look like a big empty pit.

StokeciTFC
05-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Was just about to post similar.

Watching from home but wish I were there, obviously. Have to say though, the North looks nowhere near as bleak as I expected it to on the telly.

Can't wait to hear you lots feedback on how it feels inside.

ag futbol
05-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Stadium looks awesome. Very imposing compared to other MLS stadiums.

PAOK17
05-07-2016, 07:26 PM
I think we have our answer in terms of whether the roof can trap sound. That's by far the loudest our stadium has ever been.

James17930
05-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Gotta say Dallas is pressing pretty well. They've pushed us back on a few occasions now and won't let us get set up in their end.

Batman
05-07-2016, 07:28 PM
WOOHOO Nice goal by Endoh!

James17930
05-07-2016, 07:34 PM
WOOHOO Nice goal by Endoh!

Although him and Altitore seem to be getting a bit bunched together. Endoh keeps making runs in front of him.

I wonder if that's what they were talking about in the huddle before play resumed.

Jack
05-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Man, great sound in there! I am bitter I'm missing this one, but dad duty takes precedence.

Jack
05-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Dumb tackle by Bradley.

James17930
05-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Man, great sound in there! I am bitter I'm missing this one, but dad duty takes precedence.

Ouch. That kid owes you one ;)

General Woolfe
05-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Very enjoyable first half.

So far a great homecoming for the Reds. I hope we stick with this forwardline and allow it to gel. With Jozy's strength, Endoh's pace, and Seba's genius, there could be a lot of goals in this strike force.

Hopefully we can add to our lead in the 2nd half and keep in mind this is a decent Dallas side (despite their poor run of results) so we need to stay alert at the back

So far, so good :scarf:

Jack
05-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Bradley and Johnson are as good of a pair of midfielders as anyone in this league. Damn.

Vendetta
05-07-2016, 07:54 PM
https://streamup.com/Iustis
http://giostreams.eu/66.html

Think everyone's at the game...

not me, even though I got seasons lol, I'm vacationing in Reykjavik so this helps! we look good so far

James17930
05-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Very enjoyable first half.

So far a great homecoming for the Reds. I hope we stick with this forwardline and allow it to gel. With Jozy's strength, Endoh's pace, and Seba's genius, there could be a lot of goals in this strike force.

Hopefully we can add to our lead in the 2nd half and keep in mind this is a decent Dallas side (despite their poor run of results) so we need to stay alert at the back

So far, so good :scarf:

Yeah, they've been decent too.

This is one of those 'two really good teams making it very difficult to play against each other' games, where it takes little moments of cheekiness or brilliance to get through. I love watching these types of games.

Jack
05-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Endoh has been impressive.

Jack
05-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Man...Jozy is doing everything except putting it in the net.

Jack
05-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Wow. Clint Irwin is so far superior to anyone we've had other than Julio Cesar that it's sad. But I'm not sad, I'm happy g:D

(I'm talking to myself :scarf:)

Batman
05-07-2016, 08:27 PM
I havent been to a game now in about 4 years.
Watching this, get's me wanting to get back to BMO this year.
Team playing well, and crowd is really loud.

Jack
05-07-2016, 08:30 PM
It sounds fantastic. I am more than excited to get down there next Saturday.

In the meantime, the boys need to get another goal here. Dallas is hanging in there and they have the talent to steal one at any time.

Batman
05-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Yep. I'd feel much better if they could get another.

Vendetta
05-07-2016, 08:34 PM
https://gfycat.com/NauticalMetallicBustard

James17930
05-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm starting to get that queasy feeling again ...

Batman
05-07-2016, 08:42 PM
I'm starting to get that queasy feeling again ...

Yep, me too.

Jack
05-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Dammit. This is stressful.

Jack
05-07-2016, 08:49 PM
I love that it's so loud in there the players didn't hear that whistle.

StokeciTFC
05-07-2016, 08:49 PM
YOS!

James17930
05-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Phew ... little nervier at the end than I would have liked, but great win all around.

ag futbol
05-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Professional performance. Pretty clear the team has a different identity from last year.

Endoh my player of the game. Worked his butt off the entire time. Made some great runs too.

Batman
05-07-2016, 08:52 PM
these announcers are pissing me off... don't jinx it boys!

Batman
05-07-2016, 08:55 PM
wooohooo!!!

troy1982
05-07-2016, 08:59 PM
https://gfycat.com/NauticalMetallicBustard

I didn't know the USL played in Sparta

General Woolfe
05-07-2016, 09:01 PM
That'll do me. A good nights work from the Reds

Some really good performances throughout the side... Beitashour, Perquis, Bradley, and Endoh being the standouts for me. Jozy worked his socks off and deserved a goal for his efforts. Irwin (apart from one spill) was solid as a rock. If theres a criticism, maybe we were a little slack defensively in midfield, surrendering possession too much in front of the back four. That needs to be tightened up. However the back line was resolute once again and aside from one or two half chances that fell Dallas' way, they really didn't look like scoring.

As I said at half time, our front three tonight look like they integrate well and id like to see them get an extended run together. They could be worth a barrowload of goals for us once they gel (If we can convince Seba to pass the ball that is)

Only downer tonight was the poutine eaters grabbing a late equalizer to deny us top spot in the East. However if we keep playing like we have been, it will only be a matter of time

COYR!!! :scarf:

Eastend
05-07-2016, 09:21 PM
I think we have our answer in terms of whether the roof can trap sound. That's by far the loudest our stadium has ever been.

In stadium the atmosphere was electric. I have no voice and I can imagine a lot of others are probably in the same boat. I'd post a video but I have no idea how to from my phone

Dom

Eastend
05-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Part of Oh Canada....sorry, only way I know to post a video.

https://twitter.com/Eastend1/status/729135391538855936?s=09

Now, if we can only get the songs and chants to sound like this.

Dom

DOMIN8R
05-07-2016, 09:46 PM

Proven wrong. And........... happy for it.

General Woolfe
05-07-2016, 09:56 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DOMIN8R http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?p=1793826#post1793826)

I was delighted for the wee man he got a goal tonight. Hopefully it will give him the confidence to kick on from here. I like the way both him a Séba constantly interchange between wide and central positions. It gives us a fluidity that can be hard to defend.

He also puts in a power of work defensively which can sometimes go unnoticed.

My only wish is that Séba would pass to him more often instead of constantly seeking out Jozy, but I suppose that will come with time as trust is built

GuelphStorm2007
05-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Well done Guys. The renovations look awesome, The crowd was as loud as it was way back in 2007, 2008, Bradley tonite was my unsung hero. and Endoh was terrific along with Osorio and Irwin.

notthesun
05-07-2016, 10:02 PM
So few posts in this thread, I'll assume because everyone is out celebrating this fine Saturday night and TFC win. Haven't seen a second of the game yet but happy with the 3 points. Sounds like Altidore did pretty much everything but score from what I read.

DOMIN8R
05-07-2016, 10:16 PM
The feel at the stadium has changed. Some for the better and some, perhaps, not for the better. It feels like a large sports venue now.

The pitch lights and sound system.....wow.
The wall of honour......gone?
The wall, where STHs purchased the right to place their names on a plaque in year 2, on the North side......gone?
The fans.....wow. You were the 12th man - for most of the game.
The fan sound/noise.....were/was great.
Many seemed to be ejected and/or arrested. Hopefully, for nothing serious.
That march merge, before the game on Liberty Street, was scary impressive.
Many new faces at BMO. Perhaps, new converts, after tonight.
Soooo many chances....so few conversions (as of late). Again, we should have scored more.
Bradley and Johnson are key to this team!
A few cheap giveaways. But overall - still impressed.
Congrats to the officials, for not being the main topic of this game.

On to the Whitecaps. Robo - out of respect, I won't slag your team. Yet.g:D

molenshtain
05-07-2016, 10:21 PM
I guess his 7 assists last year were a figment of my imagination then.

you realize assists and through balls aren't the same thing right?

backbeat
05-07-2016, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=DOMIN8R;1793922]The feel at the stadium has changed. Some for the better and some, perhaps, not for the better. It feels like a large sports venue now.

The wall, where STHs purchased the right to place their names on a plaque in year 2, on the North side......gone?

didn't notice that..

unbelievable...

what was that all about???

OgtheDim
05-07-2016, 10:52 PM
They ejected the Inebriatti who had been banned for this game (that was whey the hole in behind the south goal). Might affect their ban going forward.

MightyDM
05-07-2016, 10:56 PM

it was so loud in the stadium you couldn't hear the supporters end sing.

Lennon
05-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Hmm, I guess I'm the only one that didn't think the roof did anything to make us louder. Maybe they mic'd it really well on TV?

Shame about 114. Supporters section takes a big hit when Inebriatti isn't around (playoff game in Montreal).

Lennon
05-07-2016, 10:59 PM

Yea, we've had better days for sure.

molenshtain
05-07-2016, 10:59 PM
They ejected the Inebriatti who had been banned for this game (that was whey the hole in behind the south goal). Might affect their ban going forward.

I don't think they were banned for this game. IIRC they weren't allowed to use any materials like flags, banners, capo stand, but they weren't collectively banned. I could be wrong but that's what I remember reading when the punishments were handed out.

KurtLarSUN
05-07-2016, 11:13 PM
The feel at the stadium has changed. Some for the better and some, perhaps, not for the better. It feels like a large sports venue now.

Soooo many chances....so few conversions (as of late). Again, we should have scored more.

On the Wall of Honour... They're working on establishing a new place at the stadium to honour former players and achievements. Look for it later this year. Think it will be much better than the Wall.

Shakes McQueen
05-08-2016, 12:01 AM
On the Wall of Honour... They're working on establishing a new place at the stadium to honour former players and achievements. Look for it later this year. Think it will be much better than the Wall.

Yeah, my assumption was just that they were in the process of relocating that stuff.

Red Patch CA
05-08-2016, 12:06 AM
yea, we've had better days for sure.
from my seat in 109, i have never heard the songs/chants as loud as this night and that includes from 2007.

Des

ensco
05-08-2016, 12:27 AM

Good summary.

Stadium experience:
-The place is electric when it's full. Be interesting to compare that to when it's not.
-The beer garden is totally back - better than ever, even closer to the action. Very happy about that.
-All is trivia compared to the question of how the grass survives the Argos, so it's premature to really have a view.

Game:
-We had long stretches of dominant possession. Several 20+ touch moves. I'm beginning to change my view of Vanney.
-Can't decide what to think about Altidore. He was a serious factor as a target man holding the ball up ... but he has to score more often than he does.
-I thought Giovinco looked frustrated - I wonder if the caliber of MLS is getting to him.
-Agree that Bradley and Johnson were both especially terrific.
-Johnson could be in trouble with the league, I expect supplementary discipline on that play late where he clobbered the Dallas GK.

Ivy
05-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I'd love to see a replay of that. Didn't look like anything more than a normal collision gone bad from where I was.

ensco
05-08-2016, 12:36 AM
I'd love to see a replay of that. Didn't look like anything more than a normal collision gone bad from where I was.

Johnson had no play on the ball, he just drilled the guy. I was shocked it wasn't straight red.

molenshtain
05-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Johnson had no play on the ball, he just drilled the guy. I was shocked it wasn't straight red.

the ball was bouncing in front of the keeper no more than a second before Johnson hit him. It was pretty reckless but I get why it wasn't called as a red. If the keeper doesn't have total control of the ball than it's fair game to go after it.

Stencils
05-08-2016, 12:43 AM
I don't think they were banned for this game. IIRC they weren't allowed to use any materials like flags, banners, capo stand, but they weren't collectively banned. I could be wrong but that's what I remember reading when the punishments were handed out.

Was at the top of 114 and could see that there was something going on down with the Inebriatti guys and the cops. Not sure if the two cans of beer they threw were what triggered the ejection or if it was a reaction to the ejection, but they were gone very soon after that. Rumours of confrontations with cops after the ejection as well, but that could just be people squawking.

James17930
05-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Yeah, that's a tricky one on Johnson ... yellow looked right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game.

As for Giovinco 'getting frustrated with the level of MLS', I honestly don't think that's a thing. Teams are simply double and triple teaming him now, and closing him down much quicker to contain him. Has nothing to do with MLS players specifically.

He might have to adjust his game to play through it.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-08-2016, 01:35 AM
Really curious to see what the deal is with the season ticket holders wall, my family is definitely on there and has been a point of pride for us over teh last decade

Shakes McQueen
05-08-2016, 03:16 AM
If finishing had been a little more clinical on both sides, this game would have finished something like 4-1 for us. Endoh had a golden ball a few minutes into the game, that he flubbed. Seba had that cheeky little chip shot that just missed.

The crowd was just electric, and it was so loud. Perfect night of soccer.

khso11
05-08-2016, 03:22 AM
From 220 the canopy makes the sound travel much better. You can actually hear the echo coming back down, I am sure once more fans (especially casuals) learn the chants, we will see a stadium unison chant going.

The national anthem was one of the loudest I've heard at BMO. Just watched the PVR of the game, kind of disappointed TSN didn't show it.

ManUtd4ever
05-08-2016, 07:03 AM
The scoreline flattered Dallas. Other than the one hiccup defensively when Irwin stoned Castillo on the breakaway, we dominated the match at both ends of the pitch.

The stadium has an entirely different feel to it now. The atmosphere was electric. Love the fact that there will be more night games as well this season.

MightyDM
05-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah, that's a tricky one on Johnson ... yellow looked right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game.

As for Giovinco 'getting frustrated with the level of MLS', I honestly don't think that's a thing. Teams are simply double and triple teaming him now, and closing him down much quicker to contain him. Has nothing to do with MLS players specifically.

on at least two occasions Endoh was wide open in the box, and Gio chose to shoot. He needs to use that pass because if we score off that space teams won't be able to triple team Gio any more. Hope Vanney sees that and has him pass, the instructions clearly are to shoot.

OgtheDim
05-08-2016, 07:07 AM

Hmm...I could hear them. A few chants were taken up by the East side and we could actually see and hear that in the West.

James17930
05-08-2016, 07:24 AM
on at least two occasions Endoh was wide open in the box, and Gio chose to shoot. He needs to use that pass because if we score off that space teams won't be able to triple team Gio any more. Hope Vanney sees that and has him pass, the instructions clearly are to shoot.

Well, he said in his post-game interview that he was 'stupid not to score' ... but maybe he also meant he wasn't happy with his overall play and could have made some different decisions.

But I mean, given how many assists he racks up along with his goals anyway, it's really hard to fault him those few times he shoots when he should pass.

James17930
05-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Love the fact that there will be more night games as well this season.

Me too – means I can actually watch them!

TFC Cityboy
05-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Was at the top of 114 and could see that there was something going on down with the Inebriatti guys and the cops. Not sure if the two cans of beer they threw were what triggered the ejection or if it was a reaction to the ejection, but they were gone very soon after that. Rumours of confrontations with cops after the ejection as well, but that could just be people squawking.

there was apparently some pushing back against security at gate 3B and some of them were trying to pick up those metal fences for some reason. Not sure how bad it was.

Oldtimer
05-08-2016, 09:07 AM
It was interesting too see Vanney shift formation mid-game from a 4-3-3 with Bradley going forward back to the diamond. It was exactly the right thing to do.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-08-2016, 09:34 AM
why were johnson and bradley chewing out Endoh after he had scored?

Jack
05-08-2016, 09:42 AM

On TV it looked very much like he had a chance at the ball and the keeper just beat him to it. I was actually somewhat surprised at the yellow, never mind a red. I'll have to watch it again.

Red Skies At Night
05-08-2016, 09:45 AM
We've got Endoh
Tsubasa Endoh
And I just don't think you understand...

ronzilla
05-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Happy with the win, BUT:

The finishing has been dreadful these past 2 games only scoring 2 goals. How many times did Seba set up
players with tap ins, only to see them miss the entire f'n net?

I have lost patience with jozy. He just doesn't fit on the team and is wasting a valueable spot. He has to go.

Had Dallas scored on the corner kick in the last minutes of game, this game would have ended a draw, which
is not acceptable considering TFC dominated the entire game.

Overall, good performance, and looked like an electric atmosphere with the new roof.

On to the next one..

Ivy
05-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Happy with the win, BUT:

The finishing has been dreadful these past 2 games only scoring 2 goals. How many times did Seba set up

I have lost patience with jozy. He just doesn't fit on the team and is wasting a valueable spot. He has to go.

Had Dallas scored on the corner kick in the last minutes of game, this game would have ended a draw, which

Overall, good performance, and looked like an electric atmosphere with the new roof.

On to the next one..
disagree on Jozy. He was massive. Probably his best game this year.

Jack
05-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Happy with the win, BUT:

On to the next one..

disagree on Jozy. He was massive. Probably his best game this year.
I'm with Ivy on this one. Jozy did everything else really well except score.

Red4ever
05-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Jozy played his best game.

He was a pure target man that game. His poisitioning, flick ons and backtracking were all excellent.

ryan
05-08-2016, 09:59 AM

When Delgado missed him open on a cross by 30ft he sure was mad with him.

SoccMan2
05-08-2016, 10:02 AM
The thing is if Jozy is creating chances for others even when he misses there are rebounds created by him at times, then he is more than useful for TFC and is a much needed presence on the field that the team would miss without him out there, we can't just judge him on how many goals he scores, I think he will eventually score a few, however, he is serving a purpse right now even without scoring.

TFC07
05-08-2016, 10:23 AM
What a night! TFC should have won by few more goals, but overall I was impress with them.

Crowd was great! Roof does make a difference and I personally couldn't hear south end at times because east stand was that loud.

Also, what's up with cop arresting a fan in east stand?

portu
05-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Perquis, Irwin, Johnson, Bradley and Giovinco are all playing at an All Star level

ronzilla
05-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Beitashour has also been very good from Day 1 and doesn't seem to get enough credit.

OgtheDim
05-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Perquis and Moor last night were fun to watch. Perquis got beat by Castillo on their one chance but his recovery on through balls was top notch.

Altidore played really well - top notch target man when the ball is played to feet but he contested every header (something he didn't do last season). Only issue I have is when played out on the side, he's not all that good at crossing the ball.

Endoh is really really good in transition and in findng spaces. If he keeps that up, defences are going to have to adjust for him, which will create space for Altidore and Giovinco.

Most impressive player was Bradley.

C.Ronaldo
05-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Delgado is not starting material. We need a replacement

James17930
05-08-2016, 11:32 AM
When Delgado missed him open on a cross by 30ft he sure was mad with him.

Well, there was at least one time when Gio mis-hit it pretty badly too (I think it was a corner), so I'm hope he's not criticizing others too seriously.

jazzy
05-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Altidore was a beast all night and what a keeper , Irwin is marvellous ......Two best on the night . Gio sure wanted to score seems to really be pressuring himself . Teams Have definite game plans now centred around him .

jazzy
05-08-2016, 11:51 AM

the ball was in the air (mishandled), when Johnson went all out approx 10' at the keeper , so it's in play , but he really didn't try to avoid him at all unfortunately , also do to the keeper having one come out I m sure he'll be disciplined . If the keeper stays in I'm not so sure . All in I'm glad he's on our team .

the beat
05-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Delgado is not starting material. We need a replacement

Agreed. His cross to Seba at the end of the first half was shocking. I could have put in a better cross.

ensco
05-08-2016, 12:03 PM
the ball was in the air (mishandled), when Johnson went all out approx 10' at the keeper , so it's in play , but he really didn't try to avoid him at all unfortunately , also do to the keeper having one come out I m sure he'll be disciplined . If the keeper stays in I'm not so sure . All in I'm glad he's on our team .

Agree. Dichio had a mean streak too, and picked up some very hard fouls along the way.

It comes with the territory, with certain players.

jazzy
05-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Beitashour has also been very good from Day 1 and doesn't seem to get enough credit.

Great point , he broke up many plays, he's regained his edge and is very quick . He's now overshadowing Morrow .

Jack
05-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Agree. Dichio had a mean streak too, and picked up some very hard fouls along the way.

It comes with the territory, with certain players.
Agreed. I love how hard he goes into every play. Him and Bradley make a pretty impressive pair for us.

ag futbol
05-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Well, he said in his post-game interview that he was 'stupid not to score' ... but maybe he also meant he wasn't happy with his overall play and could have made some different decisions.

But I mean, given how many assists he racks up along with his goals anyway, it's really hard to fault him those few times he shoots when he should pass.
I don't think any player of that quality needs the coaches instruction to shoot, they simply do it by instinct. Not his best efforts on goal today, but whatever. I'd still rather him be inclined to shoot unless there are extremely obvious opportunities for others to score.

I think Johnson is lucky. It was a bang-bang play with the keeper throwing himself behind that one. However, they tend to protect the guys in net these days (for good reasons). If it was Irwin and that happened I'd be pissed.

Kamp Berg
05-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Great game all around, going to be as awesome year!
I would love to see the same lineup with Osorio taking Delgado's spot. I really like Delgado but he needs more development to be a true starter.

jloome
05-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Great game all around, going to be as awesome year!
I would love to see the same lineup with Osorio taking Delgado's spot. I really like Delgado but he needs more development to be a true starter.

Delgado is a better two-way player than Osorio, reads the game better. Oso is a great playground-style player; he can set up goals and hold onto the ball which is valuable. But he can't play defence or read defensive play for shit.

Kamp Berg
05-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Delgado is a better two-way player than Osorio, reads the game better. Oso is a great playground-style player; he can set up goals and hold onto the ball which is valuable. But he can't play defence or read defensive play for shit.

That may be true but I don't think Delgado is the answer there yet either. He always seemed to be the weak link in play.

PopePouri
05-08-2016, 03:44 PM
That may be true but I don't think Delgado is the answer there yet either. He always seemed to be the weak link in play.

His part of the reason why we're the best defensive team in the league.

DiemPerdidi
05-08-2016, 03:47 PM

Security kicked Capo out. Reason: He was stepping on the rails, rallying the group!:facepalm:
Group left with him. Nothing happened before that ridiculous incident.

Kamp Berg
05-08-2016, 03:50 PM

That may be true, but he's a two way player. I think he'll get better but he's still a little unrefined going forward.

DiemPerdidi
05-08-2016, 03:53 PM

I totally agree... We only an upgrade on offense (maybe), I really respect Jozy's efforts but we need someone that can score. Seba would have 4-5 assists under his belt if we had a better finisher.

OgtheDim
05-08-2016, 03:58 PM
If Oso is able to start, he starts in the top of the diamond and Endoh on the right.

Kamp Berg
05-08-2016, 03:59 PM
I totally agree... We only an upgrade on offense (maybe), I really respect Jozy's efforts but we need someone that can score. Seba would have 4-5 assists under his belt if we had a better finisher.

Their is definitely some chemistry missing going forward right now but that should come together as the season progresses. I'd personally rather see us win 1-0 than 4-3.

molenshtain
05-08-2016, 04:00 PM
If Oso is able to start, he starts in the top of the diamond and Endoh on the right.

But then that goal from last night, and all the verticality and dynamism Endoh brings to that position that opens up space for Altidore and Seba to run the channels is gone. The team gets way more narrow and less dangerous.

red-o
05-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Looked to me like they were critiquing his celebration, but who knows

ronzilla
05-08-2016, 04:28 PM

That's exactly the problem. Nobody else can finish besides Seba. If you even look at the Goals For this season, TFC is at the bottom of the list, with only Chicago being worse.

notthesun
05-08-2016, 04:30 PM
I only watched the condensed game but that definitely looked like Endoh's best performance of the season and the first game where it really looked like he could make stuff happen offensively. Maybe he's better centrally instead of out wide.

I think eventually I'd like to see Endoh at the top of the diamond with Osorio on the left, Bradley middle and Johnson right. Our back line and the presence of Bradley and Johnson in the midfield is good enough that I don't think anyone should be that concerned about losing Delgado's defensive work in order to fit Osorio in. Given how much of a complete performance this game was though I would be pretty surprised if there were any changes at all to the starting lineup for now.

nfitz
05-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Security kicked Capo out. Reason: He was stepping on the rails, rallying the group!:facepalm: This was the weekend of their supporting ban though. There's no question that security has it in for them (overheard them chatting), so should be no surprise they'd be quick to act on a transgression.

Group left with him. Nothing happened before that ridiculous incident.So when did they rip out a dozen seats in rows 1 to 5 of 114?

Walking out is fine. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned - but I don't think supporters groups should be trashing our own stadium.

Borga
05-08-2016, 05:30 PM
We got told to sit down in 127, despite the signs being up saying it was a supporters section and standing was allowed. Eventually led to "sit down or get kicked out". A seat got removed in that section as well, unfortunately.

TFC Cityboy
05-08-2016, 05:45 PM
This was the weekend of their supporting ban though. There's no question that security has it in for them (overheard them chatting), so should be no surprise they'd be quick to act on a transgression.

So when did they rip out a dozen seats in rows 1 to 5 of 114?

Walking out is fine. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned - but I don't think supporters groups should be trashing our own stadium.

and I also don't understand why someone from that section (or anyone) would throw a can of beer towards OUR goalkeeper!! Unbelievable.

nfitz
05-08-2016, 05:49 PM
We got told to sit down in 127, despite the signs being up saying it was a supporters section and standing was allowed. Eventually led to "sit down or get kicked out". A seat got removed in that section as well, unfortunately.I recall being up in 132 the first year it was there, in a torrential downpour on a Wednesday night CONCACAF game. Because it was so utterly wet and empty, I stood up, as that way my jacket kept me mostly dry. And I carefully walked to a spot there was no one for several rows behind me to bother. That didn't stop the security drone.

After we argued for a while, he asked me to go outside to speak to their head of security about my concern that it didn't matter that day if I stood. I know how that ends ... so I made him a deal, that if I sat down, the head of security would come to me. My jeans were quickly drenched sitting down, but a senior security person came out, sat next to me, and we talked (and he got soaked too). And he agreed with me, that given the situation and the empty stands, that standing was perfectly fine, and that he'd talk to his people about being more pragmatic.

The best thing to do is go over their head. There's so many new people at this time of the year. And the truth is we know a lot more than many of the newbies there.

Borga
05-08-2016, 06:03 PM
It wasn't actually a security drone telling us to sit - there were a couple there as backup, but it was a guy in a grey shirt, seemed like he was more senior than the yellowjackets.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-08-2016, 07:26 PM

Yeah thought something similar to that. So weird, why the fuck would they care about that

OgtheDim
05-08-2016, 07:56 PM

Instructions from the bench came in while a Dallas guy was being taken care of injured. They talked to Moor first and then it went up and out from there. I think they wanted Endoh higher to link better and for the FB's to get up more.

DiemPerdidi
05-08-2016, 08:04 PM
So when did they rip out a dozen seats in rows 1 to 5 of 114?

Well, I don't know about "a dozen". I saw 3, maybe 4 seats broken even before the game while guys were jumping up and down chanting... The purpose was not breaking them I mean. But if anybody intentionally rip out some chairs, tha's something else and I didn't see it

General Woolfe
05-08-2016, 10:27 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?p=1793985#post1793985)

I thought they were telling him he should have left it for Jozy... Hope I'm wrong, but that's what it looked like to me

MightyDM
05-09-2016, 05:42 AM

I have been watching this closely and I see the exact opposite. Delgado reacts late, often does not track his runner until too late, and fouls from behind as a result.

MightyDM
05-09-2016, 05:50 AM
I don't think any player of that quality needs the coaches instruction to shoot, they simply do it by instinct. Not his best efforts on goal today, but whatever. I'd still rather him be inclined to shoot unless there are extremely obvious opportunities for others to score.

I think Johnson is lucky. It was a bang-bang play with the keeper throwing himself behind that one. However, they tend to protect the guys in net these days (for good reasons). If it was Irwin and that happened I'd be pissed.

gio needs to find the pass more right now. Ifwe start scoring off the pass they won't be able to double and triple team him. Endoh was wide open in the 18, twice, and Gio chose to shoot. Really wide open, like ten yards of space. Also, Gios shooting was off. But he still had an awesome game, it was fantastic to watch.

MightyDM
05-09-2016, 05:58 AM
But then that goal from last night, and all the verticality and dynamism Endoh brings to that position that opens up space for Altidore and Seba to run the channels is gone. The team gets way more narrow and less dangerous.

Endoh had a very good game going forward and I agree creates dynamism. But I strongly disagree about Oso, he creates in this position too - Montreal, for example - and plays better with Seba, creates more for him. I still like Endoh better in a wide position. Although he was much improved this game over last game in this position, good to see the improvement.

KurtLarSUN
05-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Toronto FC striker Jozy Altidore left the locker room disgruntled on Saturday, as he should have http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09/toronto-fcs-jozy-altidore-is-doing-everything-right

flatpicker
05-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Toronto FC striker Jozy Altidore left the locker room disgruntled on Saturday, as he should have http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09/toronto-fcs-jozy-altidore-is-doing-everything-right

Good article.
Altidore was one of the hardest working players out there on Saturday and deserves respect.

Also, our goals against stats this season are bonkers, especially considering our history of leaking goals. It would be great if Irwin got an All-Star spot. Heck, if this keeps up all season, I'd say Vanney could be up for coach of the year.

KurtLarSUN
05-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Good article.
Altidore was one of the hardest working players out there on Saturday and deserves respect.

Also, our goals against stats this season are bonkers, especially considering our history of leaking goals. It would be great if Irwin got an All-Star spot. Heck, if this keeps up all season, I'd say Vanney could be up for coach of the year.

As outlined in the article, Jozy has been largely responsible (or at least played a massive role in) helping TFC collect at least half of its points this season. Only disappointment was that missed chance in Portland, which would have given TFC a second-half lead.

As I wrote, the analytics on Altidore Saturday confirmed what many people saw. He was the most involved player on the pitch.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09/toronto-fcs-jozy-altidore-is-doing-everything-right

Pint
05-09-2016, 07:38 AM
Calling something "Inappropriate and ill-timed" is rather ironic for someone who set of a massive shit storm last week about the stadium.

Jozy has been very good for us so far and hopefully the goals start to fall soon. Watched the game last night after a weekend away and it really should have been a 3 or 4 goal victory.

KurtLarSUN
05-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Calling something "Inappropriate and ill-timed" is rather ironic for someone who set of a massive shit storm last week about the stadium.

Jozy has been very good for us so far and hopefully the goals start to fall soon. Watched the game last night after a weekend away and it really should have been a 3 or 4 goal victory.

An honest opinion about the stadium is different. Asking Jozy to justify his salary post-game in front of cameras was ridiculous.

Red CB Toronto
05-09-2016, 07:46 AM

Jozy is a beast, and just watch Kurt, come Copa time Jozy as usual for the USMNT will find the back of the net more than a few times. All will be good.

GabrielHurl
05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Hopefully someone in the club reads this - please don't do this again during the last 7/8 minutes of the game - especially a tight game when we are leading 1 nil.

Do it during the anthem yes - but during the play - it's just dumb.

http://i.imgur.com/mbEAnbo.jpg

Pint
05-09-2016, 07:53 AM
An honest opinion about the stadium is different. Asking Jozy to justify his salary post-game in front of cameras was ridiculous.

We will have to agree to disagree on that, the question to jozy was ridiculous.

Red4ever
05-09-2016, 07:55 AM

There is no connection between the two.

JuliquE
05-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Thank you for all you do, and especially for putting a spotlight on this particular issue; it's the sort of thing that could snowball, if allowed.

barticusz
05-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Who was the brilliant media person asking what his Goals to salary ratio is? Other media should be calling these people out by name for their complete ineptitude.

C.Ronaldo
05-09-2016, 09:37 AM

Bradley had repeatedly told Endoh to have a wicked celebration ready for his firs goal. If it was in Portland, it was suppose to be a chain saw pull.

Endoh hesitated and could only muster a giant smile and slide, pathetic!!!!

Gio gives it his all in creativity with his Vespa start, Endoh could have at least pulled out a Hadouken (street fighter Ryu)

I hope Endoh worked on goal celebrations for hours after the game was over

Jack
05-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Jozy is a beast, and just watch Kurt, come Copa time Jozy as usual for the USMNT will find the back of the net more than a few times. All will be good.
I'd rather he find the back of the net for TFC.

Red CB Toronto
05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
I'd rather he find the back of the net for TFC.

I am sure he will, as when he does they will come in droves. He is one streaky lad one the pitch.

OgtheDim
05-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Who was the brilliant media person asking what his Goals to salary ratio is? Other media should be calling these people out by name for their complete ineptitude.

There was a similar question in the Vanney interview. Vanney handled it really well.

Yohan
05-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Pretty much as complete home game as we can ask for. I'd have liked to see 2-0 for the insurance goal, but this was a very good performance. Dallas was #1 in the West last season, even if they were missing Hedges big time and Diaz still recovering from injury.

I was not a Will Johnson fan for TFC, thought he was a bit of luxury signing considering the gaps in roster TFC has, and still does right now. But him and Bradley working in tandem and their work rate has definitely shut down a lot of opposition attack through the centre. Mauro Diaz had no room to maneuver and he's really good. Bradley especially had one of best games defensively, he was everywhere and cut out so much of Dallas passing through anticipation and timely tackles.

I thought Delgado had a decent game on the right. He made some mistakes, but he took on Dallas defenders 1v1 and kept them honest. He's only 21 next week and with far more upside than Osorio IMO, esp on defensive side. As much as Osorio has been good on attacking side, TFC is far more compact defensively with Delgado on the field who can also pick his runs to attack.

Was pleasantly surprised by strong game Endoh had as AM. Encouraging that he's getting on the same wavelength as Giovinco and his off the ball movement was especially good supporting the attack last game.

As for Jozy, it'd have been nicer for him to score a goal this game, but the role he's playing as hold up guy have him more deep into midfield to support the attack, and he won't be in the box to finish as much. He will have to be more clinical to get his goals because he won't get as many chances, but I'm very happy with his hold up play lately that's opening up chances for Giovinco and TFC midfield to attack.