PDA

View Full Version : TFC Pop-Up Shop

Parkdale
04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/popup

I'm going to walk over there at lunch and see what's popping, at the pop up shop.

there's some pics on their Instagram account - https://www.instagram.com/torontofc/

Anyone been there yet?

HOURS

Fri Apr 29 · 11am—9pm
Sat Apr 30 · 11am—9pm
Sun May 1 · 11am—7pm
Mon May 2 · 11am—8pm
Tues May 3 · 11am—8pm

Get Fresh Company
498 Queen St. W Toronto ON

Special Events
Apr 28
Opening Night
Invite Only · VIP Event

Apr 29
4:30 — 6:30pm : Soccer Freestylers presented by Adidas
6 — 7pm : Toronto FC Alumni, Dwayne De Rosario Appearance
plus FIFA 16 on Xbox and foosball

Apr 30
12 — 4pm : Soccer Freestylers
presented by Adidas
2 — 3pm : Toronto FC Player Appearances TBD

May 1
2 — 3pm : Toronto FC Alumni, Danny Dichio Appearance
4pm : TFC vs. Portland Timbers (Head to Williams Landing for Viewing Party)

May 2
6 — 7pm : Toronto FC Player, Benoit Cheyrou Appearance

May 3
6 — 7pm : Toronto FC Players, Will Johnson and Clint Irwin Appearances

GlenM
04-29-2016, 09:08 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/popup

I'm going to walk over there at lunch and see what's popping, at the pop up shop.

there's some pics on their Instagram account - https://www.instagram.com/torontofc/

Anyone been there yet?

HOURS

Fri Apr 29 · 11am—9pm
Sat Apr 30 · 11am—9pm
Sun May 1 · 11am—7pm
Mon May 2 · 11am—8pm
Tues May 3 · 11am—8pm

Get Fresh Company
498 Queen St. W Toronto ON

Special Events
Apr 28
Opening Night
Invite Only · VIP Event

Apr 29
4:30 — 6:30pm : Soccer Freestylers presented by Adidas
6 — 7pm : Toronto FC Alumni, Dwayne De Rosario Appearance

Apr 30
12 — 4pm : Soccer Freestylers
presented by Adidas
2 — 3pm : Toronto FC Player Appearances TBD

May 1
2 — 3pm : Toronto FC Alumni, Danny Dichio Appearance
4pm : TFC vs. Portland Timbers (Head to Williams Landing for Viewing Party)

May 2
6 — 7pm : Toronto FC Player, Benoit Cheyrou Appearance

May 3
6 — 7pm : Toronto FC Players, Will Johnson and Clint Irwin Appearances

Wow, that's really cool.

Thanks for posting Parkdale

GlenM

portu
04-29-2016, 09:10 AM
anything there that you can't normally get?

Cas87
04-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Hoping to go down over the weekend, looks like some good stuff there.

The only thing is it might be a tad more expensive since it is Mitchell and Ness stuff being sold.

If anyone has been or goes down tonight if you could share some info about what they have (other that the new away Kit).

Pint
04-29-2016, 09:22 AM
probably check it out on sunday

SuperTCP
04-29-2016, 10:12 AM
cool little shop.
But not many items last night. Not sure if they will have additional today.

Majority of the items were Mitchell and Ness:
- Red Bradley T-shirt
- Grey Giovinco Atomic Ant T-shirt
- Black Altidore T-shirt
- Some TFC 10th Season T-shirts & Sweaters (Men's & Women's)

Other items:
- New TFC Magazine (will be replacing the programs from what I was told) $5
- The 10th Season Hat in Black or Red (Probably the best item there) $35
- Alternate kits only (no red kits) in mens, youth, and womens - Free Cresting on the Alternate kits.

Miles
04-29-2016, 10:45 AM
Nice little spot. I was there last night for the VIP event before it opened to the public today. It is Mitchell and Ness gear. Prices range from $35-$74. T-shirts around $44, several new lids $35, long sleeve t-shirts $64, sweaters $74. 2 different variant scarfs. (both with the blue color incorporated into them.) Season seat holder discounts are available if you bring your card with you.

Not that much for selection on the clothes, probably 10-12 different styles I think. Not sure if more will be available, since half of their space was closed off behind a curtain and used as kitchen/alcohol storage last night.

Captain
04-29-2016, 12:05 PM
I popped into the pop up store at lunch today. I have to say I expected more. They had the new jersey, a few T-Shirts, long sleeve T's, a couple styles of sweatshirts and the Cap that was featured in the tweet. And nothing else really. I expected they would have filled the place with TFC stuff but it was really very empty.

OgtheDim
04-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Hmm...maybe not a good idea to use the software inventory program Target used. :)

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2016, 01:43 PM
The more people chime in disappointed the more the word "Shop" pops out at me.

tfcfans
04-29-2016, 02:59 PM
If anyone can post pics of the various styles of shirts (the hat we have all seen already I would assume) that would be great!

Thanks!

flatpicker
04-29-2016, 03:29 PM
I stopped by. Played foosball. Bought nothing.

Stress
04-29-2016, 03:35 PM
If anyone can post pics of the various styles of shirts (the hat we have all seen already I would assume) that would be great!

Thanks!

There's a shot on their FB account with some of the shirts. The designs look corny to me as they are integrating the player nicknames which are already a little cringe worthy. If the designs were less about the players and more about the club I'd be more interested.

kodiakTFC
04-29-2016, 04:10 PM
There's a shot on their FB account with some of the shirts. The designs look corny to me as they are integrating the player nicknames which are already a little cringe worthy. If the designs were less about the players and more about the club I'd be more interested.

I agree with this. I went, enjoyed it, bought the black sweater. Remember to bring your discount cards!

cdnorman
04-29-2016, 05:40 PM
It was a massive disappointment for me. The highlight was seeing the new alternative kit up close (which is, noted, better than what they have at the Adidas Store at Y-D Square, which somehow lacks all the breathable elements at the back. Not sure if the kit they are selling at the Pop Up is authentic vs replica, but the best I've seen). All they are selling is that Mitchell and Ness junk. And I say junk because it's OK quality cotton with incredibly cheap lettering that's thick and looks like it was done by a low-end custom shirt printing job. Almost all of that M + N stuff is like that -- including the Raptors and Leafs -- even though it portrays itself as a more premium brand. It's premium in its marketing and that's it.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the t-shirts weren't $45 to $70. The hats? Exclusive, yes, but they are also cheaply done with sparkly lettering. Really TFC, are we in 1983 (and yes, I realize that this retro stuff is 'in', but it's still cheap retro)? I was really surprised and, echoing others, it was remarkably sparse in terms of selection. Not much in there. Sure, it might be exclusive stuff, but it's awful stuff for what you're paying.

I'm incredibly disappointed by it and would advise any other die-hard TFC fans to not waste the time coming into town to see it unless you're already heading to Queen West. I was lucky that I had an appointment about 15 mins away, otherwise I would have felt ripped off.

On the upside, I was expecting to take a major hit on my Visa card and walked away with absolutely nothing and feeling good about it.

InSuL1nImP
04-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Could anybody do me a favor when you are at the pop up shop. Ask if the alternate kit has to be purchased there in order to be customized for free? Also I have a long sleeve authentic and it does have all the breathable stuff at the back. FYI SVP Queen West has the alternate and home kit for $100 short sleeve or just alternate kit long sleeve for $110.

OgtheDim
04-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Went in. Walked out 2 minutes later. All pretty meh. I like the hat but as somebody said, why the sparkle finish? Oh well...

I would say the new alternate jersey looks pretty darn good but I don't think it was a real one they were selling.

I can see why they did this though - went to the ACC to see if there was anything at the Real Sports store or whatever its called - all Raptors gear. Got me wondering how much of a change over they will be doing next week if the Raptors lose game 7.

Eastend
04-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah, overall pretty disappointing. Took more time to find parking then it took to browse and leave. I did buy the season 10 hat and got my discount without my card.

bgnewf
04-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Disappointed. Much more hip/hype than substance. Not a fan of the gear save for some of the lids - And I was not in the market for a hat. Went there special and was in/out in about two minutes.

Unless you desperately need a hat, don't waste your time.

Red CB Toronto
04-30-2016, 06:48 PM
I am going down on Tuesday to get a season 10 cap.

gunnerken
04-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Well my buddy and I decided we would at least go "window shop" after we saw the Sticker Fingers show at the Horseshoe last night (awesome band- check them out)...walked the few blocks east and just got to the corner and there was a street fight going on right in front so we turned around and never saw it...I think they were scrapping over a girl, but it might have been over the last TFC hat?...

Eastend
04-30-2016, 07:53 PM
I am going down on Tuesday to get a season 10 cap.

I got a black one and I think really the only thing worth it....I'm sure they'll pop up somewhere else but still got it.

SuperTCP
05-01-2016, 10:09 AM
It's a missed opportunity for sales, would of been nice if they had tfc adidas gear and some of the tfc misc items available (coasters, shot glasses, sunglasses, blankets, keychains, signs, bracelets, etc).

SuperTCP
05-01-2016, 10:10 AM
I stopped in yesterday with my boys and was told by staff that not many hats left.

mistercorporate
05-01-2016, 10:35 AM
I got a black hat, not usually a hat guy but this one looks better than any other hat I've had, worth the trip just to get it. They were almost sold out of the black hats so probably only red caps and jerseys/shirts left now.

Cashcleaner
05-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Went in myself and picked up a red 10th year cap. Not much to do other than shop and look at some memoribilia, but if you were going in with a mind to make a purchase, it's pretty much exactly what it says on the packaging.

Pint
05-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Went yesterday and almost bought the black Toronto sweater but balked at the $90 price tag.

Justin10000
05-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Went yesterday and almost bought the black Toronto sweater but balked at the $90 price tag.

It's so easy and much cheaper to get a custom sweatshirt with the logo. But yeah.. The price for a sweatshirt is ludicrous. I liked the Blizzard inspired scarf.

TFC Tifoso
05-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Mitchell & Ness gear is for the most part only good for throwback jerseys if you have the cash.....otherwise not really worth the cost......

Parkdale
05-02-2016, 08:22 AM
It's a missed opportunity for sales, would of been nice if they had tfc adidas gear and some of the tfc misc items available (coasters, shot glasses, sunglasses, blankets, keychains, signs, bracelets, etc).

Except it's NOT a warehouse sample sale. They aren't there to sell miscellaneous items like keychains and glasses. They are selling limited run items that typically don't interest the average "Real Sports" shopper.

I'm sure the goal behind this pop-up was simply to keep some interest in TFC while the team plays an incredibly long road series. The Raps and the Jays are getting all the buzz, so doing events like this are good marketing exercises. It's a very trendy project, set in a hip boutique on Queen West. Is it for everyone? Absolutely not. Was it kinda cool for what it was? I say yes.

I have to say though, that black Toronto sweater is probably one of the nicest pieces of branded TFC gear I've ever seen. Yes it's expensive, but that's designer clothes for you.

SuperTCP
05-02-2016, 08:28 AM
I agree with Parkdale, but would have been nice to see some items that are hard to find (like those on MLS Gear site, or even Real Sports site because lets face it the TFC section at Real Sports Store leaves a lot to be desired).

Or at the very least some additional items with the 10 Season TFC Logo would have been cool.

Pint
05-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Also for anyone wanting the season 10 hat I believe the black is sold out.

Jpexxx
05-02-2016, 10:01 AM
I got one of the Season 10 program magazine things and got Morgan and Osorio's signatures in it... Debating going back 2day for Cheyrou's signature and 2moro for Irwin and William's.

jabbronies
05-02-2016, 10:11 AM
I got one of the Season 10 program magazine things and got Morgan and Osorio's signatures in it... Debating going back 2day for Cheyrou's signature and 2moro for Irwin and William's.

Get as many signatures as you can on that thing. It'll be a nice collectors piece.

gdg_9
05-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Stopped by Sat afternoon while walking my dog.
The Season 10 hats were really the only good things there (as many ppl have pointed out).
I picked up the red one.

It's a nice hat, and I got it signed by Oso & Morgan, which was an added bonus.

Red CB Toronto
05-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Get as many signatures as you can on that thing. It'll be a nice collectors piece.
I second that, as a collect of TFC autographed photos, anything along that line is nice.

Jpexxx
05-02-2016, 10:38 AM
^ Yeah for sure.
Was disappointed to miss Dichio yesterday

Parkdale
05-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm probably going to bring some of my finest Marseilles stuff to Cheyrou to sign tonight, so get out of my way ;)

Parkdale
05-03-2016, 09:04 AM
went back last night to get a Benoit Cheyrou autograph and picked up a sweat shirt for the wife. I didnt look at women's wear before, but the gray TFC sweater was probably the most fashionable thing in the store. She likes it, and I think she looks great in it. Nice to know that women's wear is finally more than just an afterthought.

Captain
05-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know where I can go to get names put on the back of my Canadian National Team jerseys?

Fort York Redcoat
05-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know where I can go to get names put on the back of my Canadian National Team jerseys?

Eek. I gave that up. I only order them with the name and numbers on the back now straight from umbro. You should email them direct.

http://csa.rmpathletic.com/en

I'd call or email support for the closest place.

TFC Tifoso
05-06-2016, 03:02 PM

you can try calling In2Sports......they may have them.....there's a couple locations in the GTA.....

Fort York Redcoat
05-06-2016, 04:52 PM
you can try calling In2Sports......they may have them.....there's a couple locations in the GTA.....

Most places refuse to do it unless the jersey was bought there. Just a heads up for Captain.