Montreal @ NYCFC 7 pm Blue on Blue

Portland @ NER 7:30 pm Watch who we play on Sunday

SKC @Vancouver 10 30 pm - Blue on Blue Part II

zeelaw
04-27-2016, 04:41 PM
What channels lol?

CanadaLFC
04-27-2016, 04:53 PM
Impact game on RDS, Vancouver game on TSN.

OgtheDim
04-27-2016, 06:46 PM
HUGE CROWD in Foxboro tonight.

https://twitter.com/BrianOConnell21/status/725468863425593344

ensco
04-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Jesus I think there'd be more cows in the fields around Gillette than people at that game

SoccMan2
04-27-2016, 08:15 PM
That's a joke that crowd in New England, like I've mentioned before the MLS has more than just low TV ratings to worry about, there are still too many markets where attendance is a problem.

akoto
04-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Good to see MTL not pick up full points tonight. NYC unlucky not to take all 3. NYC did a good job shutting down Drogba.

OgtheDim
04-27-2016, 08:37 PM
That Portland result is good for us too. Last minute tie. A lot of work by Portland goes for 1 point.

james
04-27-2016, 09:07 PM
That's a joke that crowd in New England, like I've mentioned before the MLS has more than just low TV ratings to worry about, there are still too many markets where attendance is a problem.

Most of the teams that have some of the lowest attendance in MLS are teams that have been around before TFC (Before 2007), and I don't think it helps most of these teams also happen to play outside of the city. Example Chicago (Bridgeview), FC Dallas (Frisco Texas), Colorado Rapids (Commerce City). and the club that draws one of the worst is New England Patriots (Foxborough). Can you blame New England fans for not supporting the team when they play at a 68,000 capacity seat stadium (it looks worse then playing at Vancouver or Seattle, the empty seats are way more obvious) the stadium often has NFL grid iron marks on the field every year in the fall, plus New England has shown no sign of trying to move into a new smaller stadium, which is badly needed for New England, and probably really need a stadium in Boston!

I know there is a few teams that play outside of the city, but anyone notice how teams that do play in the cities usually do well in attendance numbers? sometimes I wonder why teams bother building way out in the suburbs and small towns. Sure for some teams it works, but its a gamble for many teams, some teams seem to struggle out in these small suburbs even almost rural areas.

Also all new clubs since 2007 added have had decent to very good attendance numbers.

Pint
04-28-2016, 07:06 AM
The problem in NE is that the owner is super cheap with their roster and they play way outside the city.

Justin10000
04-28-2016, 07:14 AM
The problem in NE is that the owner is super cheap with their roster and they play way outside the city.

The location and lack of investment in the team is a problem, and MLS will let it slide. Without Kraft, MLS may not have survived this long.

Pint
04-28-2016, 07:28 AM
As far as i've heard he is trying to find a downtown location to build but the potential Olympic bid is throwing that off.

Globetrotter
04-28-2016, 07:44 AM
I think Boston pulled their bid a few months ago...

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2016, 07:56 AM
Good to see MTL not pick up full points tonight. NYC unlucky not to take all 3. NYC did a good job shutting down Drogba.

How did Bekker look? From the Highlight Lefevre had a busy night with Pirlo or Villa in his face. Looked like it was more of a 3 man back line for Montreal at times.

Nice on Dom to get the point for his team.

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2016, 08:10 AM
Foxborough is just gawd awful for MLS. Did you catch they just hosted a supercross event? There's no partnership between the 2 tenants. They get the lines they want till The Pats season. Which is also why Foxborough is where it is. Pats fans will travel but not Revs in numbers. Especially when the Red Sox are playing in town that night.

But NE isn't a Chivas. The fact Kraft just wants another tenant to fill dates is enough but not enough to prioritize building a downtown stadium for them.

I feel for staunch NE supporters.

Cas87
04-28-2016, 08:33 AM
I feel as though the one thing NE can do right now to build their fans in Boston proper, would be to work with the Red Sox and try and have a game or two in Fenway (just for the look and atmosphere that can be created there).

I know it isn't a permanent fix but, as seen with friendlies the last couple of years, Fenway is interesting for a one off game a year.

The Revs can time it whenever a big stadium concert artist or festivals comes to town, or when supercross come in again.

OgtheDim
04-28-2016, 10:33 AM
The Krafts have brought forward a number of ideas about a downtown stadium but Boston doesn't want to pay anything and land ain't cheap.

Pint
04-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Robert Kraft is worth ~ $4,000,000,000 according to a quick google search. Land and Building shouldn't be much of an issue for him if he really wanted to build but city should be taking care of local infrastructure needs and any other upgrades needed in the area though.

OgtheDim
04-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Oh I'm not saying the city should pay. Just saying that's how this has been going down. NFL guys think everybody gives in eventually.

james
04-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Foxborough is just gawd awful for MLS. Did you catch they just hosted a supercross event? There's no partnership between the 2 tenants. They get the lines they want till The Pats season. Which is also why Foxborough is where it is. Pats fans will travel but not Revs in numbers. Especially when the Red Sox are playing in town that night.

But NE isn't a Chivas. The fact Kraft just wants another tenant to fill dates is enough but not enough to prioritize building a downtown stadium for them.

I feel for staunch NE supporters.

NFL is the biggest sport in the country so fans will travel anywhere for a NFL game, also I think it is more common in NFL than any other sport in North America to have a stadium way outside of the city core into the suburbs and rural areas, NFL almost has a driving culture with tailgate parties in the parking lots. MLS teams just don't have that type of support, its very difficult to attract tens of thousands of fans by car to attend a game. The sport just ins't big enough and perhaps the driving culture of NFL doesn't cross over as well into Soccer and MLS. We have seen quite a few good examples of MLS clubs playing outside of the city struggle, but have seen many inner city teams draw very good crowds!

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2016, 08:28 AM
NFL is the biggest sport in the country so fans will travel anywhere for a NFL game, also I think it is more common in NFL than any other sport in North America to have a stadium way outside of the city core into the suburbs and rural areas, NFL almost has a driving culture with tailgate parties in the parking lots. MLS teams just don't have that type of support, its very difficult to attract tens of thousands of fans by car to attend a game. The sport just ins't big enough and perhaps the driving culture of NFL doesn't cross over as well into Soccer and MLS. We have seen quite a few good examples of MLS clubs playing outside of the city struggle, but have seen many inner city teams draw very good crowds!

Agree. It wasn't a slight on Revs fans. They have it in one of the worst ways in MLS.

akoto
04-29-2016, 08:34 AM
How did Bekker look? From the Highlight Lefevre had a busy night with Pirlo or Villa in his face. Looked like it was more of a 3 man back line for Montreal at times.

Nice on Dom to get the point for his team.

Bekker looked alright. More comfortable then when he played here. Nothing outstanding though.

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2016, 08:38 AM
Bekker looked alright. More comfortable then when he played here. Nothing outstanding though.

Thanks. I mean, if he didn't stand out like he did at times here then it's an improvement.

akoto
04-29-2016, 08:44 AM
Thanks. I mean, if he didn't stand out like he did at times here then it's an improvement.

LOL. Sadly that is true. He has improved in Biello's system, thats for sure. I'm not sure if it was the extra pt or the confidence instilled in him but he is definitely a better player now then when he was here. Bodes well for CMNT though if that's any consolation.

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2016, 08:48 AM
LOL. Sadly that is true. He has improved in Biello's system, thats for sure. I'm not sure if it was the extra pt or the confidence instilled in him but he is definitely a better player now then when he was here. Bodes well for CMNT though if that's any consolation.

When I'm talking about Montreal players, CMNT is the ONLY consolation.:canada: