PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Ticket Entry

GreatWhiteNorth
04-25-2016, 01:13 PM
So I see that in the Account Manager, there is an icon indicating that all of the tickets are usable as Mobile Entry. for 2015, I downloaded every ticket to my iPhone (Passbook), so that I would never have to worry if I had tickets with me or not. I was pretty sure that when accessing the Account Manager from my phone last year, it took me to a mobile version which had a link to download the ticket. This year though, I cannot in any way get a mobile version of the Account Manager. I see other clubs have it, but we are missing it for some reason.

Does anyone have any insight?

Ivy
04-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Just download the ticket and email the PDF to yourself. Works great, and stays in your email, even if you phone dies, you can use somebody else's to login.

Auzzy
04-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Just download the ticket and email the PDF to yourself. Works great, and stays in your email, even if you phone dies, you can use somebody else's to login.

Will they accept a PDF file right on the phone for entry? It doesn't have to be printed?

Ivy
04-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Zoom into the bar code, and they'll just scan it like a paper copy. I been doing that for 2 years.

Enterprise Captain
04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Zoom into the bar code, and they'll just scan it like a paper copy. I been doing that for 2 years.
That is a work around but there is an option to have "mobile ticketing" enabled that the team has to add to the account manager. The Ti-Cats are doing it this year for season ticket holders (http://ticats.ca/digital#entering-tim-hortons-field-mobile-phone-option).

GreatWhiteNorth
04-25-2016, 03:51 PM
I downloaded directly from the account manager last year, and the tickets added to Passbook and presented as QR codes. This is missing. The only options on the phone are to Print or Transfer, there is no "view" option. Something has changed online, or been taken away.

flatpicker
04-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Yeah, mobile tickets should be an easy option in today's world.
Maybe they'll still fix it on the account manager before the home game.

SmokedPanda
04-25-2016, 05:58 PM
even the marlies have this feature through ticket master

redcard
04-25-2016, 06:37 PM
access torontofc.ca on your phone
scroll down to account manager
sign in to account manager
select your tickets and choose the "mobile entry" icon.

flatpicker
04-25-2016, 06:38 PM
access torontofc.ca on you phone

Well there you have it!
Thanks for sharing.

anto7
04-25-2016, 09:05 PM

When I hit the mobile enter icon it comes up with a message saying "You can also get into this event with your smartphone, no matter which delivery method you choose".
Does this mean I have to either choose print at home or transfer tickets first?
Cheers

GreatWhiteNorth
04-26-2016, 09:11 AM

This brings you to the full (desktop) site. There are only Print-at-Home and Transfer tickets as options. The "Mobile Entry" is simply a pop-up saying you "can". It doesn't actually do anything.

The site seems to be a customized interface to the Ticketmaster account manager. The mobile side of the site seems to have been removed when site was re-developed. No excuse for this, it's not hard to develop a mobile interface. Sent a message to Anton Wimmer, will see if they can get moving on this.

GreatWhiteNorth
04-26-2016, 09:13 AM
When I hit the mobile enter icon it comes up with a message saying "You can also get into this event with your smartphone, no matter which delivery method you choose".
Does this mean I have to either choose print at home or transfer tickets first?
Cheers

MLSE's development team (or whoever they contracted to do so) did not add a mobile version of the interface, just a big fail in my opinion (as a developer).

GreatWhiteNorth
04-27-2016, 03:54 PM
I just got a call from Toronto FC, the girl said that the problem is on Ticketmaster's side (but I'm kinda not believing that). Regardless, she said the problem should be resolved by next week so we can get mobile access to the account manager and download tickets.

anto7
04-27-2016, 07:17 PM
I just got a call from Toronto FC, the girl said that the problem is on Ticketmaster's side (but I'm kinda not believing that). Regardless, she said the problem should be resolved by next week so we can get mobile access to the account manager and download tickets.

Awesome, thanks for following up about this

Enterprise Captain
04-28-2016, 09:28 AM
I have a feeling you're right and the issue is they don't know how to turn the option on, on TFC's end. I contacted them via Twitter two days ago asking how the mobile entry function works and got no response. Today I went into my account manager and two out of my four season tickets say "action required" next to them instead of "printed by box office" like they used to and the other two still do. I hope they didn't accidentally void my printed tickets trying to figure things out on their end. I sent a DM, just waiting to hear back now.

Eastend
04-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Mine also say printed by box office....hmm

Edit: From my account rep:

Printed at the “Box Office” is the print count for your tickets that you received in your Season Ticket Package.

Dom

Enterprise Captain
05-03-2016, 06:58 AM
It's official, they don't know how Ticketmaster Account Manager works on their end. I even called and got the same answer.
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC_SSH/status/726484313609494528

Red CB Toronto
05-03-2016, 07:29 AM
It's official, they don't know how Ticketmaster Account Manager works on their end. I even called and got the same answer.
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC_SSH/status/726484313609494528

Now thats weird, I used mobile entry for the Marlies game last week, same company, so they should know.

Enterprise Captain
05-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Now thats weird, I used mobile entry for the Marlies game last week, same company, so they should know.
Funny, I was even told over the phone that none of the MLSE teams have the feature available. Brutal.

German21
05-03-2016, 09:22 AM
So they did have it last year where you could add the ticket to your wallet on an iphone. But that was short lived, i guess they ran into a bit of an issue. Hopefully they didn't abandon it, and it will return.

Enterprise Captain
05-03-2016, 11:18 AM
So they did have it last year where you could add the ticket to your wallet on an iphone. But that was short lived, i guess they ran into a bit of an issue. Hopefully they didn't abandon it, and it will return.
I can't see what issue they had with it last year though. Also, if they had an issue why allow any form of digital ticket. The difference now is that you have to "print at home" your ticket and e-mail it to yourself so you can present the digital .pdf copy to use "mobile entry" where as if the real mobile entry option was available you could log in to the account manager on any phone and use it to enter. If you have an iPhone the additional option of creating a digital ticket that goes in the iPhone Wallet app is available.

sn0re
05-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Although this may not have anything to do with mobile tickets, but is anyone able to print their tickets (from ticketmaster) at this time?

Red CB Toronto
05-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Although this may not have anything to do with mobile tickets, but is anyone able to print their tickets (from ticketmaster) at this time?

Not yet, it said they would be available 48 hours before kickoff, nothing yet though.

German21
05-05-2016, 10:59 PM

I was able to a few days ago. Assuming you mean the account manager which is technically ticketmaster.

djcuse
05-06-2016, 12:46 AM
I printed my tickets 3 days ago

Enterprise Captain
05-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Currently, If you go to the TFC Account Manager: Here (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=tfc&l=EN) the "Print" "Forward" and "Sell" features are active. "Sell" seems to have just been added recently as I printed my ticket earlier this week and it wasn't there. The weird thing is the Account Manger link off the TFC site now takes you to this MLSE Account Manager (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/acc/EN/account/login) and if you log in there the "Sell" feature is not available. I honestly don't understand how they can't get their shit together.

EDIT: Looks like the link on the TFC site has been changed back to the TFC Account Manager

sn0re
05-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Currently, If you go to the TFC Account Manager: Here (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=tfc&l=EN) the "Print" "Forward" and "Sell" features are active. "Sell" seems to have just been added recently as I printed my ticket earlier this week and it wasn't there. The weird thing is the Account Manger link off the TFC site now takes you to this MLSE Account Manager (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/acc/EN/account/login) and if you log in there the "Sell" feature is not available. I honestly don't understand how they can't get their shit together.

EDIT: Looks like the link on the TFC site has been changed back to the TFC Account Manager

I did not use TFC account manager. I got the ticket straight from Ticketmaster

Enterprise Captain
05-06-2016, 07:50 AM
I did not use TFC account manager. I got the ticket straight from Ticketmaster
Then unfortunately you have to deal with Ticketmaster costumer service.

Fort York Redcoat
05-06-2016, 07:50 AM

Trying this on Sat. So simple.

Seems like a lot of work elsewise.

GreatWhiteNorth
05-06-2016, 09:06 AM

It's a pain in the ass, really. Wallet (formerly Passbook) is very easy to access, and you don't scroll or anything, just flip between tickets. There's no excuse for this not working. It worked in 2015, I used it (Wallet/Passbook) for every single game of the season, and not once was there a scanning issue.

I'm a developer, and frankly, I think they simply did not design a front-end for the mobile side. Looking at the source for the Account Manager login, it's very sloppy (in-line CSS? Are they editing their pages in Word??).

Enterprise Captain
05-06-2016, 09:39 AM
It's a pain in the ass, really. Wallet (formerly Passbook) is very easy to access, and you don't scroll or anything, just flip between tickets. There's no excuse for this not working. It worked in 2015, I used it (Wallet/Passbook) for every single game of the season, and not once was there a scanning issue.

I'm a developer, and frankly, I think they simply did not design a front-end for the mobile side. Looking at the source for the Account Manager login, it's very sloppy (in-line CSS? Are they editing their pages in Word??).
Totally agree with you and how hard could it be? Both the Argos AM (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=argonauts) and the Ti-Cats AM (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/hamilton/EN/account/logout/) have them when using your mobile phone. I went to the AM sites for the Leafs (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=mapleleafs), Raptors (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/raptors/EN/account/login), and Marlies (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?l=EN&team=marlies) but like TFC they don't have mobile versions.

Denham
05-13-2016, 08:39 AM
I think everyone should contact their Account Reps asking about this. Let them know it's a feature that should be implemented.

GreatWhiteNorth
05-13-2016, 10:53 AM
I think everyone should contact their Account Reps asking about this. Let them know it's a feature that should be implemented.

Everyone who cares about this, do just as he said. Contact your ticket reps, and express to them that it is unacceptable for virtually all other sports franchises to have this option, but TFC/MLSE has not stepped up. Also, if you are on Twitter, Tweet to @TorontoFC_SSH and @unton13 (Anton Wimmer, director of Ticket Sales & Service) and voice your opinion.

This worked for 2015, I used it for the whole season. It worked flawlessly. All these stadium upgrades, and they fail at simple technology.

GreatWhiteNorth
05-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Anton just tweeted back, they are looking into it. It's all about the game-day experience, from start to finish. Maybe it's an edict from MLSE brass, but they need to know this is convenience for a many people, and just another selling point, and an extra cherry on top of the Sunday.

stegosaurus
05-13-2016, 11:47 AM

Can also confirm that this works, in case anyone was skeptical.

Pint
05-13-2016, 11:47 AM
You can download the pdf and show it on your phone, not quite as convenient but still allowed for entry from a mobile device.

Fort York Redcoat
05-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Can also confirm that this works, in case anyone was skeptical.

You can download the pdf and show it on your phone, not quite as convenient but still allowed for entry from a mobile device.

It was simple. It worked. If they want to add or re-add a button that does the same thing - s'cool but I don't need it.

GreatWhiteNorth
05-13-2016, 02:32 PM

No, it's not as convenient. I had every ticket for the season stored in Wallet, and was as simple as it possibly could be. My gripe is it was there before they redesigned the site, and I really stand by my belief that they just didn't develop the mobile interface. It's all about the game-day experience, this is part of it.

CanadaLFC
05-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Anyone having trouble printing tickets to the Columbus match? It doesn't give me a print option anymore. It's way more than 2 hours before the game.

sidvan
05-23-2016, 09:40 AM
You can download the pdf and show it on your phone, not quite as convenient but still allowed for entry from a mobile device.Been doing this for all games so far. Works without issue. Not as convenient as loading your seasons into an app but works well just the same.

Enterprise Captain
06-06-2016, 12:23 PM
No, it's not as convenient. I had every ticket for the season stored in Wallet, and was as simple as it possibly could be. My gripe is it was there before they redesigned the site, and I really stand by my belief that they just didn't develop the mobile interface. It's all about the game-day experience, this is part of it.
Quick question, last year when you put the digital tickets into the Wallet app were there barcodes on them or QR codes? I just noticed that I'm able to access the mobile feature for my Argos season tickets but it's a QR code that is on the digital ticket. I'm wondering if the hand held scanners at the gate will be able to read it. Maybe this is why MLSE disabled the mobile function? Just a guess.

GreatWhiteNorth
06-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Quick question, last year when you put the digital tickets into the Wallet app were there barcodes on them or QR codes? I just noticed that I'm able to access the mobile feature for my Argos season tickets but it's a QR code that is on the digital ticket. I'm wondering if the hand held scanners at the gate will be able to read it. Maybe this is why MLSE disabled the mobile function? Just a guess.

They were QR codes and scanned perfectly every time.

Joe Kool
06-09-2016, 01:20 PM
They sent a survey recently and one of the questions was about if we feel the need to have the physical tickets or not, or something like that, so I am assuming they are looking at digital options.

Enterprise Captain
06-10-2016, 07:51 AM
They were QR codes and scanned perfectly every time.
Good to know, thanks. The fact the TFC site had the cabability last year and the the Argos site has the capability this year at the same facility makes even less sense then for TFC not to have it this year. I really don't understand their logic.

GreatWhiteNorth
06-13-2016, 02:31 PM
They sent a survey recently and one of the questions was about if we feel the need to have the physical tickets or not, or something like that, so I am assuming they are looking at digital options.

I do still like having my ticket book, it's a collectable to me as a SSH. However, there is no reason to be lacking proper mobile ticketing. It worked before. They can scan bar codes from PDF files, indicating that the scanners used are CCD, not laser scanners. Apparently even the Argos have it. Something so simple, just a fail for no reason.

Joe Kool
06-13-2016, 02:40 PM
I do still like having my ticket book, it's a collectable to me as a SSH. However, there is no reason to be lacking proper mobile ticketing. It worked before. They can scan bar codes from PDF files, indicating that the scanners used are CCD, not laser scanners. Apparently even the Argos have it. Something so simple, just a fail for no reason.

I agree. I like having the tickets too but no reason that they shouldn't have a digital option for those that want it. They could even make it an option upon renewal and still save some printing ticket costs for those that only want digital tickets.

Enterprise Captain
06-21-2016, 07:27 AM
Just went to "print" my digital ticket from the AM and saw this message:

***NOTICE****

Account Manager will be unavailable from 6-8PM on Wednesday June 22, 2016 for maintenance. If you require assistance please contact your Service Team at (416) 360-4625 during regular business hours.

Are they finally fixing the mobile entry feature?

FluSH
06-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Will they accept a PDF file right on the phone for entry? It doesn't have to be printed?

Did this last game.... It works.

Areathrasher
06-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Just went to "print" my digital ticket from the AM and saw this message:

Are they finally fixing the mobile entry feature?

That was my thought too when I saw it.

Blkndkr
07-25-2016, 06:55 PM
So, I guess we're not getting mobile entry this year then, eh? Sad, really.

Onyx
07-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Did this last game.... It works.

i just show the pdf on my phone and this is what i do all the time now ... i thought this is mobile entry, is it something different.

Blkndkr
12-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Hmmmm... mobile entry is available for MLS Cup. So it IS possible.