PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 8- Almost here just not yet its almost done- TFC @ Portland Sun May 1 4 pm

OgtheDim
04-23-2016, 05:21 PM
One more away game. Long trip. Turf field. Great atmosphere.

Should be fun.

Game will be on TSN and ESPN.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/almost-done-2/

dow117
04-24-2016, 01:30 PM
There will be a few of us west coasters at the game !!! After Mtl - I feel good about our chances of getting something outta this match.

the beat
04-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Three points from this game and I might shit myself.

ronzilla
04-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Teams are starting to fear the the Mighty Reds ! :D

Oldtimer
04-24-2016, 04:14 PM
I'd be happy with a tie. That would bring TFC to 1.5 points per road game.

OgtheDim
04-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Portland goes to NER midweek after having this weekend off.

Hamilton_Red
04-24-2016, 04:49 PM
There was a confidence in the team yesterday that I haven't seen before at TFC. The defence and midfield were excellent. Osorio/Alti get's their scoring confidence and that was a 3-4 nothing route. We looked like we are starting to believe & that the chemistry is developing. I think a win is not out of the question - which will make that first home game brilliant. Looking forward to being their on Sunday!

mistercorporate
04-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Portland goes to NER midweek after having this weekend off.

Awesome, lets execute them!

dow117
04-24-2016, 05:36 PM
There was a confidence in the team yesterday that I haven't seen before at TFC. The defence and midfield were excellent. Osorio/Alti get's their scoring confidence and that was a 3-4 nothing route. We looked like we are starting to believe & that the chemistry is developing. I think a win is not out of the question - which will make that first home game brilliant. Looking forward to being their on Sunday!

Agreed, hey the last 2 games ( VAN AND SEATTLE ) I attended , they won so if they put together a performance like in Montreal, a win is not out of question. That would be 1.75 pts per game in the road - not shabby at all. Portland are a very beatable team.

Richard
04-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Lets get the win boys! One more win on the road and the next few home games could put us on a nice streak, its just what we need with the summer exodus looming.

Blindside16
04-25-2016, 04:57 AM
I like our odds in this game. Portland hasn't found their stride yet this season and seem to struggle finding the back of the net. If we can keep playing the way we are defensively 3 points is very achievable. We can get them on the counter attack and they are not the same team with Kwarasey on the bench. I say 1-0 TFC to bring us home with 14 points in 8 games.

Initial B
04-25-2016, 09:33 AM
I'm always wary of the Timber's Army. At home and desperate and with Nagbe and Valeri back in the lineup - we'll be lucky for a tie. At least their defence is still suspect. We should score at least one.

Pint
04-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Mid week on terrible turf in NE should help us out after a rather light travel week for our guys.

notthesun
04-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Tactics should be pretty similar this match to the one vs. Montreal. Like the Limpact, Portland relies on a big target man and a shifty playmaker. After the job Moor and Perquis did on Drogba, I don't expect they'd skip a beat in marking Adi out of the game. As for Valeri, that will mostly be down to Bradley since Valeri plays centrally, while Piatti works down the left most of the time.

Solid defending will be the key again. After last week I like our chances here.

Stress
04-25-2016, 11:25 AM
Wouldn't be too surprised to see some squad rotation in this game. Good points haul so far and home opener in 6 days.

Detroit_TFC
04-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't be too surprised to see some squad rotation in this game. Good points haul so far and home opener in 6 days.

If there was a time to do that, I'd say this is it. Having a solid, fit, first choice squad against the top team in the league in front of a large opening day home crowd would be best.

ryan
04-25-2016, 01:04 PM
We're the only team who got points on the road last week. Shit, only 7 road goals scored across all matches with 2 being ours. Only 3 road teams kept within 1.

Here we are near the top and not a home game played yet.

Portland better be worried.

Feelsgoodman.gif

MartinUtd
04-25-2016, 04:45 PM
This will be me eighth (I think) TFC road game and I have a good feeling about it. So far my away record is 1 win, 1 draw and 5 losses... so I'm about due, right?

ryan
04-25-2016, 05:09 PM
This will be me eighth (I think) TFC road game and I have a good feeling about it. So far my away record is 1 win, 1 draw and 5 losses... so I'm about due, right?

I got a 4-1-3 away record. No win and you stop going to road matches!

German21
04-25-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm 2 wins for 2 games this year alone in away trips. Can't really recall off the top of my head previous years.

MightyDM
04-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Three points from this game and I might shit myself.

Brilliant. We'll all be lining up with our knickers down.

MightyDM
04-25-2016, 08:23 PM

Nothing personal Martin, but can you save your road trip for later? It'd be nice to keep the momentum going.

molenshtain
04-25-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm no wins, no draws and eight losses on away trips. I'm gonna sit out for a while...

Hamilton_Red
04-25-2016, 11:13 PM
Woah - shoosh. Lets kaybosh this line of thinking. I am going to the Portland game...best 11 and go for the win..that's what the die hard away fans deserve. The softie home fans who show up 15 minutes after kick off with their latte's don't deserve the special treatment.

If there was a time to do that, I'd say this is it. Having a solid, fit, first choice squad against the top team in the league in front of a large opening day home crowd would be best.

MartinUtd
04-25-2016, 11:46 PM
I'm no wins, no draws and eight losses on away trips. I'm gonna sit out for a while...

lol damn. And I thought I had it bad

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2016, 07:40 AM
Woah - shoosh. Lets kaybosh this line of thinking. I am going to the Portland game...best 11 and go for the win..that's what the die hard away fans deserve. The softie home fans who show up 15 minutes after kick off with their latte's don't deserve the special treatment.

Easy there, rotation doesn't mean scrubs or starting an all-Toonies squad :). I'm sure you'll see the big boys minus a couple or a couple mins. If anything it's more about the turf than the competition. Not that we have any players complaining - which is nice.

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Hey I want to win in Portland too! The fact is we are going to have to lean on our bench at some point this summer. These guys need to pick up some minutes along the way or we are going to be in a bind.

Areathrasher
04-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Toledo reffing the game...

Auzzy
04-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Toledo reffing the game...

Sad day indeed, when that no longer worries me as much as it used to, as Toledo is now far from the worst ref in the league. Which isn't meant as a compliment either.

Areathrasher
04-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Sad day indeed, when that no longer worries me as much as it used to, as Toledo is now far from the worst ref in the league. Which isn't meant as a compliment either.
He'd been doing so well up until the shitshow between the Revs and Orlando.

Yohan
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Mlssoccer.com has tfc at 1 for power ranking. Well, that's a jinx

pdubs
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
I think we have shown we a legit threat at least in the east. Would like to see some squad rotation but keep the shape.

Would like Jozy to knock some in tho. He is due. He is playing well tho.

GhostKiller
04-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Mlssoccer.com has tfc at 1 for power ranking. Well, that's a jinx

As a non-superstitious person, I feel comfortable guaranteeing this means we will lose. They could have done us a solid and slotted us in at #2 until we got home.

sidvan
04-26-2016, 03:55 PM
He'd been doing so well up until the shitshow between the Revs and Orlando.

He will be under the watchful eye so expect him to grind this game to a halt with calls. 2 penalties and a red card is the over under

Super
04-26-2016, 04:05 PM
It's a pleasure to see TFC at #1 on the MLS power ranking. I don't think we've ever been in that spot before? This stretch of road games has definitely been a huge success for us, even if we drop the game in Portland. Overall I think we look great, have done great, and I'm extremely optimistic for the future. It's a long season, but I think we look set to do much better this year compared to last.

notthesun
04-27-2016, 01:10 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/725384957854662657

Possibly a start for Babouli or Chapman here at CAM if Osorio can't go.

vortexdr
04-27-2016, 01:53 PM

meh not a big deal Osorio is average at best. Then again Babouli is very selfish so thats not really an upgrade....

ag futbol
04-27-2016, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure either of those guys slots in well. Can't see Babouli distributing the ball fluidity and Chapman is just not showing much at this level.

OgtheDim
04-27-2016, 02:54 PM
I think they put Delgado up there (IIRC he played a bit of AMC last season) and Endoh comes in on the right - if Osorio is out.

dow117
04-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Nice letter from Portland FO to travelling fans - far cry from Columbus when 2.5K fans were ushered to a swampy field with no facilities and treated like dogs ( 2008-9) with armed cops....

"The Portland Timbers are excited to have you visit the City of Roses and attend the Timbers vs Toronto match this Sunday!

To make your trip more enjoyable, I’d like to give you a heads up on what to expect when you get here.
Your seats are in the upper SW corner of the bowl in a section (Section 223/Rows S & T) that will be shared with Timbers fans sitting below you. There will be about 16 Toronto fans in your area. The rows directly behind you will be covered. There will be a buffer row—Row R—in front of you as a separation between you and the Timbers fans.

Even so, because of the families being in close proximity, in front of you as well as across the aisle, we ask that you please refrain from using profanity during the game.
Also, please be aware that we are a smoke-free facility and that there are no designated smoking areas or reentry into our facility.

If you have any questions or concerns while you are at the game, usher Renzo will be your dedicated guest attendant, and Kaleb, who will be down on the concourse level, along with Supervisor, Cheryl, are ready to help you out with whatever you need.

If you have any immediate questions or concerns just shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
The most commonly asked question is, where is the closest bar? There are many, but a couple of the favorites are the Cheerful Bullpen and the Kingston Bar & Grill. The Civic Taproom and Bottle Shop has opened up on 18th Ave around the corner from the stadium. Not only do they have 22 taps, keg wines and offer Game Day deals but the walls are decorated with historical photos of the stadium. All are a half block away. A little further walk will get you to North 45, a soccer-environment bar with fabulous food and drink (517 NW 21st) and Kell’s Irish Establishment (210 NW 21st) which has proven quite popular. Of course, they will all be packed after the game!

I’m attaching a copy of our VSG Policies for more detailed information. Remember to enter through Gate 5, which is on 20th Avenue. You may enter up to 90 minutes before game time. Any flags and banners that you bring in will be checked as you enter Gate 5—please have them enter at the front of the line. Also, please note that all visitors will be “wanded” by security as well as have all bags checked before entering the stadium. As for egress, there may be a 15-minute “hold out” before you are able to exit.

Although we are experiencing a mixed bag of cool weather conditions this week, by Sunday we are expecting the weather to improve to partly sunny, with a high of 78/low of 56 degrees and a 0% chance of rain! If you are here for the weekend, Saturday will be only 65. If you’ve ever been to the Pacific NW before, you’ll know that the weather can change in a moment’s notice—so cross your fingers for nothing but sunshine! Also, please note that the stadium tends to be about 10-degrees cooler than anywhere else in the city.

See you this weekend and safe travels to you! "

Cheers,
Andrea

portu
04-27-2016, 03:54 PM

Would prefer Chapman at CAM to Babouli, Babouli's more of a forward than anything else

notthesun
04-27-2016, 05:23 PM
Nagbe is starting tonight for Portland so he will probably be available against us for this one as well. Still, we're a bit lucky in catching Portland without Powell and Kwarasey, who tore ligaments in their wrist and finger respectively. Ridgewell might return for this match also after a hamstring strain, but he didn't make the 18 for Portland today, so we'll see.

Saw a tweet yesterday also that Simonin has returned to full training now.

jloome
04-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Would prefer Chapman at CAM to Babouli, Babouli's more of a forward than anything else

Cheyrou?

Cas87
04-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Cheyrou?

out injured, 5 weeks or so

ManUtd4ever
04-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Osorio is undervalued by some observers. His ball movement, especially in tight spaces, has always been key to creating our offensive opportunities. His particular skill set is difficult to replace on our roster.

Yohan
04-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Expect another conservative defence first game. Even more so than Mtl game maybe.
Portland is killer on counters with speed on flanks and guys like Nagbe and Valeri pulling the strings. Push too many guys up front and any lost possession turns into a sprint on the counter.

Portland is playing at New England, so they might get gassed out around 70min mark. That's the time to hit hard if TFC is losing

Hugh Jazz
04-27-2016, 10:16 PM
Will Portland have Valeri for the weekend? I didn't catch why he didn't play tonight.

Timbers countered quite a bit up the middle, will be important for Bradley to stay disciplined in front of the back 4.

Joe Kool
04-28-2016, 12:41 AM
Will Portland have Valeri for the weekend? I didn't catch why he didn't play tonight.

Timbers countered quite a bit up the middle, will be important for Bradley to stay disciplined in front of the back 4.

MLS site says Portland rested a few guys and Valeri was one of them. Some players are supposed to be back for the Timbers from injury for the TFC game. Not sure if Valeri was in that group. Gotta save your players to play the bigger teams....haha....yeah boy...cold medina.

Blindside16
04-28-2016, 06:11 AM
I kind of have mixed emotions going into this game. I hope we get some kind of result but I also hope Seba holds off scoring another goal for one more week. It would be nice to see him cement himself as our leading scorer at home on the 7th. If that can't happen then I hope he scores 3.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2016, 07:57 AM
MLS site says Portland rested a few guys and Valeri was one of them. Some players are supposed to be back for the Timbers from injury for the TFC game. Not sure if Valeri was in that group. Gotta save your players to play the bigger teams....haha....yeah boy...cold medina.

Valeri had a red card too, he will probably be back for Sunday

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2016, 08:30 AM
I kind of have mixed emotions going into this game. I hope we get some kind of result but I also hope Seba holds off scoring another goal for one more week. It would be nice to see him cement himself as our leading scorer at home on the 7th. If that can't happen then I hope he scores 3.

SELFISH g:D.

But really, I think it would be great for those travelling to this one to see that. And a win, of course.

Auzzy
04-28-2016, 08:58 AM

Nah, I want Seba to score a hat trick in Portland, putting him at 31 goals & beating the TFC MLS goal record. Plus a nice reward for the road warriors in Portland. Then I want him to score another hat trick in the home opener, putting him at 34 goals, and beating DeRo's record of 33 goals for TFC in all competitions. That's positive thinking! :D

OgtheDim
04-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Journo's reporting Oso didn't make the trip.

notthesun
04-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Should be interesting to see what Vanney does here with both Osorio and Cheyrou out... Delgado played a bit at the top of the diamond last year, maybe he starts at the top and Endoh comes in at LM/RM. Would give us a bit less attacking punch up top but Endoh always puts in a shift defensively. Or you leave Delgado at the same spot and someone just fills in for Osorio.

MightyDM
04-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Should be interesting to see what Vanney does here with both Osorio and Cheyrou out... Delgado played a bit at the top of the diamond last year, maybe he starts at the top and Endoh comes in at LM/RM. Would give us a bit less attacking punch up top but Endoh always puts in a shift defensively. Or you leave Delgado at the same spot and someone just fills in for Osorio.

Id like to see Chapman play. Need minutes and appears to have potential.

Blindside16
04-29-2016, 04:36 AM
Nah, I want Seba to score a hat trick in Portland, putting him at 31 goals & beating the TFC MLS goal record. Plus a nice reward for the road warriors in Portland. Then I want him to score another hat trick in the home opener, putting him at 34 goals, and beating DeRo's record of 33 goals for TFC in all competitions. That's positive thinking! :D

I can live with that lol g:D

OgtheDim
04-29-2016, 06:34 AM
This game is going to be quite the battle - not easy by any means.

Porter isn't the one trick possession is everything coach he was a few years ago. He changes systems to adapt to the opponent.

They have a very fast counter attack and a good midfield - think Leicester without the results. I think he comes out with that. Our strikers are better as is our defence but we have yet to see this back line play when massively in possession. If they give us the ball, we have to be disciplined in the midfield and not get caught going forward.

If they decide to grab possession, that plays into our strengths.

Tactics in this game and how the one on one battles play out are going to be crucial.

This is a good test of the maturity of our team.

OgtheDim
04-29-2016, 09:35 AM
https://twitter.com/lauraarmy/status/726054382001868801

Hmmm....Manella as the AM in a diamond?

CBTFC
04-29-2016, 09:45 AM
Uhhhhhh, I don't know if there's an error with my weather network app...but I just added Portland as one of my locations, and it says it's supposed to be 26 degrees and sunny there on Sunday?!

KidA
04-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Uhhhhhh, I don't know if there's an error with my weather network app...but I just added Portland as one of my locations, and it says it's supposed to be 26 degrees and sunny there on Sunday?!

You are completely reading that correctly. I'm bringing shorts down to Portland!!!

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2016, 11:19 AM

You are completely reading that correctly. I'm bringing shorts down to Portland!!!

Portland - Getting summer before it was cool.

notthesun
04-29-2016, 02:04 PM
https://twitter.com/lauraarmy/status/726054382001868801

Hmmm....Manella as the AM in a diamond?

Seriously doubt that. Just extra midfield cover since Cheyrou and Osorio are both out.

cdnorman
04-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Seriously doubt that. Just extra midfield cover since Cheyrou and Osorio are both out.

Agree. Can't see Mannella playing. We just need back-up. Stay the course.

KurtLarSUN
04-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Just leaving this here...

Will Johnson to the Toronto Sun: "Getting rid of the bad signings takes time"

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/30/toronto-fcs-will-johnson-needed-to-get-away-from-all-the-negativity-surrounding-his-injury-in-portland

JayMolly
04-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Just leaving this here...

Will Johnson to the Toronto Sun: "Getting rid of the bad signings takes time"

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/30/toronto-fcs-will-johnson-needed-to-get-away-from-all-the-negativity-surrounding-his-injury-in-portland

Thanks Kurt.
We have always enjoyed watching Will Johnson play.
During the match at BMO, we were in shock when he broke his leg.
Looking forward to a great year for Johnson and TFC!

notthesun
04-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Montreal and Philadelphia both draw 1-1 at home.

If we win this game, we go top of the East.

ronzilla
04-30-2016, 05:20 PM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/portland%20starting%20XI.png

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Game Day :scarf:

Ivy
05-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Doubt Chapman starts. I got my money on Endoh.

KurtLarSUN
05-01-2016, 09:21 AM
My stuff in today's Toronto Sun.
We'll see a formation change, Endoh comes in, too.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/30/tfc-could-go-atop-the-east-with-win-in-portland

Oldtimer
05-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Toledo in charge.

TFC/Everton
05-01-2016, 10:56 AM

1. Not sure I agree. I think Chapman has looked impressive during his few minutes this year and Vanney will give him a shot.

2. Ivy, why are you a registered user now? What happened?

KurtLarSUN
05-01-2016, 12:17 PM
1. Not sure I agree. I think Chapman has looked impressive during his few minutes this year and Vanney will give him a shot.

2. Ivy, why are you a registered user now? What happened?

It will be Endoh.

Soccerpro
05-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Kurt, what made you register and join the board after all these years?

Welcome aboard.

KurtLarSUN
05-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Visibility, really. No easier way to report or supply readers with information than directly.

DOMIN8R
05-01-2016, 12:54 PM
^^^ Congratulations on your wedding.

molenshtain
05-01-2016, 01:18 PM
The game is at 3:30 today isn't it? not 4?

ronzilla
05-01-2016, 01:21 PM
The game is at 3:30 today isn't it? not 4?

Starts at 4.

molenshtain
05-01-2016, 01:29 PM
MLS website says 3:30

Edit:Kurt says on twitter that kickoff is 3:58. I have no idea whats going on with anything anymore.

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 01:54 PM

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/726844934997692418

Take the significant other out to a fancy restaurant with those winnings :)

I like that team. Speed on the outside (well until about 60 minutes with Delgado). Time for Endoh to shine.

the beat
05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
What radio station is this on? Will be driving.

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 02:00 PM

Not TSN.

Apparently you can find the Timber radio broadcast here http://www.750thegame.com/

cdnorman
05-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Toledo in charge.

Nothing like adding that additional spice to end the road trip. Let's just hope that Toledo doesn't produce indigestion.

cdnorman
05-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Edit:Kurt says on twitter that kickoff is 3:58. I have no idea whats going on with anything anymore.

Kickoff is supposed to be 3:58/4pm -- but 3:30 is listed because it's the Soccer Sunday national broadcast so they are doing all the pre-game stuff and want to draw in the audience.

Alonso
05-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Are we actually going to get a half hour pregame show for once?

mistercorporate
05-01-2016, 02:34 PM

Looks like it! *thumbs up*

Alonso
05-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Toledo in charge.

How is this guy still a referee in this league?

I hope for his sake, but mostly for ours, that we're not talking about him post match.

Luanda
05-01-2016, 02:35 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 02:40 PM
looks like were going to be on sky sports 1

Alonso
05-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Any hope that one day the supporters sections at BMO will be full for warm up like they are in Portland?

canta15
05-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Hopefully, Will can have a good performance against his old club.

ronzilla
05-01-2016, 02:48 PM

Check 1050. Im sure I read this somewhere a few days ago.

shwade
05-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Damn, the days when BMO was like that. ..

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 02:58 PM
That "Eh" thing Timbers Army does during O Canada is cute I suppose.

canta15
05-01-2016, 02:59 PM
The common fans started doing that during the American anthem lol.

jloome
05-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Portland - Getting summer before it was cool.

It's been in the 20s for much of the last two weeks in Edmonton. It's about 25C on my brick back patio right now.

Defoe
05-01-2016, 03:02 PM
does anyone have a link

thank you

notthesun
05-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Very offensive lineup from Portland. Mattocks and Melano as wingers, not much tracking back there, and Nagbe and Valeri in the midfield 3, both guys that like to get forward. Could find some space going forward here.

cdnorman
05-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Any hope that one day the supporters sections at BMO will be full for warm up like they are in Portland?

There's hope, but very little of it. The problem is less TFC than Toronto. We have too many people with some allergy to coming to the game on or before kickoff / first pitch / puck drop / tip off unless it's a massive game. I don't get it.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 03:09 PM
what's with the can you hear toronto sing chat. do we have any away support?
edit: or did nobody from timber support realise exactly how far away toronto is. lol.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 03:15 PM
ok, thats a yellow. this isint hockey lol.

cdnorman
05-01-2016, 03:19 PM
It's been a pretty sloppy start. Decent positioning, but not good on the ball. Hopefully that improves and they settle in as they start stretching the Timbers a little to the wide.

ronzilla
05-01-2016, 03:20 PM
FFS Perquis stop playing referee and throwing up arms, keep playing !!

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Perquis let Valeri go.

cdnorman
And that's what happens...1-0. Really not a good management of the ball, guys. Smarten up.

Vendetta
he does tend to stop alot and do that. sigh.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 03:22 PM
That's a class goal. Can't say anything about that. First time our back line has really been undone completely this year. Valeri's run caught Perquis, Delgado, and Beitashour off-guard.

jloome
05-01-2016, 03:23 PM
That's a class goal. Can't say anything about that. First time our back line has really been undone completely this year. Valeri's run caught Perquis, Delgado, and Beitashour off-guard.

I thought he might have been a step off. EDIT: Nope, on the side angle he's good.

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Hmmm.....maybe a yellow, not a red. Ball was a bit away.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Are you fucking serious. Thats a fucking clear penalty.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 03:28 PM
That was a PK on Altidore. Toledo's a wank.

Vendetta
Damn Toledo, back at it again.

notthesun
Fucking Toledo again. Obvious penalty.

OgtheDim
Not a penalty.

jloome
Not a penalty.

Agreed. Clever by Jozy, but Toledo caught him.

TFC07
WTF?! That's penalty!

EDIT: Saw replay again, I guess you can't call that a penalty.

cdnorman
Was that Toledo giving Portland a freebie for Johnson's tackle? Ugh. Here we go again.

Hugh Jazz
05-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Delgado needs to be stronger defensively

justin
05-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Anyone have a link for a stream for those of us without cable or satellite?

Vendetta
wtf Perquis lol

Couchy81
Perquis wtf you doing

TFC07
Perquis is having a bad game.

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 03:32 PM
https://streamup.com/ricknjerry1

live stream

shwade
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Bradleys passes are not on point today.

ronzilla
05-01-2016, 03:36 PM
No penalty

OgtheDim
Seba telling Endoh to make the near post run on plays like that.

cdnorman
Bradleys passes are not on point today.

I agree. He's had a bit of a shaky start to the season with some uncharacteristically poor passes here and there. It might be the play being compressed a bit at the back that's changing his start point. I hope it's just getting used to the system, because he's usually a safe bet to get the ball where it needs to be.

Bobo
05-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Jozy went down easily, but I've seen PKs given for less.

Endoh at CAM is such a silly idea. Maybe he's shown something in training but from what I've seen this season he seems to lack all the qualities you want in a CAM. (at least at this point in his career) If you want to play the kid play him out wide in a 4-5-1. Not playing to players' strengths is the Vanney of last year. Would have rather seen Chapman.

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 03:38 PM
yeah Endoh's not looking like he's comfortable there at all.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 03:38 PM
WTF?! That's penalty!

EDIT: Saw replay again, I guess you can't call that a penalty.

What angle did you see? Jozy pushed the ball past him and he tackled altidores feet. Clear as day.

shwade
05-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Moor got away with a handball....finally one goes our way.

TFC07
05-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Will Johnson ties it up!

shwade
05-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Damn Giovinco got all kinds of ran over there..

tfcfans
YAY!!

Couchy81
Holy shit! So this is what it feels like to be on the other team of a returning ex-player

notthesun
Had a feeling Johnson would score today!

General Woolfe
Well done Will Johnson...play to the whistle

jloome
05-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Class from Willy J.

CBTFC
Free Willy!

jloome
What angle did you see? Jozy pushed the ball past him and he tackled altidores feet. Clear as day.

Jozy turned and used his forearm to barge ridgewell just before ridgewell's foot came in.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Endoh is lacking that bit of game sense you need to succeed at this level. Before that free kick he didn't realize the pass was intended for Giovinco and tried to intercept it, earlier he saw off Giovinco who was near and open and tried to play Morrow out wide, also saw him just seem to not notice or consider a wide open switch a few minutes ago.

I don't think this CAM position suits him, too much thinking and quick decision-making required this early in his career for a guy that's always played on the wing (much more of a straightforward role).

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 03:45 PM
LOL. Johnson scores goes to raise his arms and remembers where he is.

As Twellman was saying though, we go no width.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 03:46 PM
I wonder if players are tempted to tug Borchers beard rather than his shirt?

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Well Huth yanked on Fellani's sideshow bob hair today, so why not.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Endoh is lacking that bit of game sense you need to succeed at this level. Before that free kick he didn't realize the pass was intended for Giovinco and tried to intercept it, earlier he saw off Giovinco who was near and open and tried to play Morrow out wide, also saw him just seem to not notice or consider a wide open switch a few minutes ago.

I don't think this CAM position suits him, too much thinking and quick decision-making required this early in his career for a guy that's always played on the wing (much more of a straightforward role).
You could see that when that ball was crossed over early in the game and he miss timed sliding in to connect with it. More game sharpness and he might have timed that better and connected with it. I'm not writing him off, but he needs to be involved more. For some reason Gio wont pass to rookies, he only seems to trust giving the ball to Altidore or Bradley

Decent enough first half

ronzilla
05-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Yah we got away with a handball in the box.

Cas87
05-01-2016, 03:52 PM

Jozy turned and used his forearm to barge ridgewell just before ridgewell's foot came in.

plus when Jozy's arm went up it hit Ridgewell with a fair amount of force (legitimately he may have been a bit woozy)

Bobo
I'll take a point but if Vanney can at least get to the party late and finally figure out that against Portland on a big pitch, width is needed, then I think they can eke out a victory. Seba clearly wants to gather the ball between the lines, let him do that in a 4-5-1.

ronzilla
Endoh is doing okay. Better than I thought he would.

portu
This reminds me of the Vancouver game last year because of the way our back line seems to be constantly chasing behind them. Seba looks like he's trying to pull of GOTW constantly, when he got in the box and chipped from an impossible angle is example A1. On the positive at least he's seems more consistently active in the buildup. Altidore looks really good. Wouldn't change a thing unless the idea is to go for the draw.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Osorio does well in the hole because, despite his flaws (finishing and a lack of quickness), he consistently makes the right decision. More than anything that's what you need when you're playing there. Endoh just doesn't have that yet.

I know Babouli is pretty green as well but he's a central player and Endoh isn't doing much of anything, I would like to see what Babouli could do in this role (just make sure you drill into him about getting back behind the ball).

portu
05-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Osorio does well in the hole because, despite his flaws (finishing and a lack of quickness), he consistently makes the right decision. More than anything that's what you need when you're playing there. Endoh just doesn't have that yet.

I know Babouli is pretty green as well but he's a central player and Endoh isn't doing much of anything, I would like to see what Babouli could do in this role (just make sure you drill into him about getting back behind the ball).
Problem with Babouli v Endoh is that Endoh gives you a defensive work rate that you'll never see in Babouli

ronzilla
05-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Giovinco gets the assist to keep the streak going.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Giovinco gets the assist to keep the streak going.

They're purposefully sitting off him, letting him gather the ball and then crowding him with numbers as he tries to create. It's an interesting approach... we all know Seba can just take a quick first touch and blow by you if you try to stick tight to him, but I dunno, I wouldn't like taking my chances with stopping his run every single time he gets the ball around the top of the box. They've done it well a number of time but it's also already led to one goal. He'll create another one 2nd half if this continues.

Hugh Jazz
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Portland is almost back to full strength and are playing well. We're doing something right if we're level with last year's champs on their pitch.

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM
If we are going to get young players the experience necessary to become good at positions

we are going to need to give them the experience.

Endoh not great but not really hurting us there. He'll learn.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Damn!! That shoulve been a goal :facepalm:

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Damn!! That shoulve been a goal :facepalm:

Its just one of those things, the direction the ball bounces !!

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Its just one of those things, the direction the ball bounces !!

Moor gets better contact and its buried...

Couchy81
05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Lol at the boos for Will

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
The Reds just dodged a bullett !!

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 04:15 PM
lol nice job as chaperone there perquis

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Gosh Valeri whines and dives.

portu
05-01-2016, 04:20 PM
It's official Giovinco is trying make highlight reels... Fucking elastico

Kaz
05-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Bradley is having a really off game.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Altidore has to place that better

Couchy81
05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Too bad that didn't go off Jozy's nose, a slight deflection in any direction from the goalkeeper would have been a goal.

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Altidore has to place that better

bingo. easy to save something when its aimed directly at you.

Inklink
05-01-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't know if Ridgewell stepped on him, but the initial flop was embarrassing.

portu
05-01-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry but seba has gone full primadonna

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 04:33 PM
thanks bradley.

Inklink
05-01-2016, 04:34 PM
What a goal.

Bradley giving up that free kick though.

OgtheDim
Ugh....

Yohan
golazo by Valeri.

JavierMartini
I'm sorry but seba has gone full primadonna

yup. I dont think he would have to if the refs actually called persistent fouls on him. its not ok to flop like that. Nor is it ok to just walk up to him and rake his ankle with your cleat.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
That's on Perquis. Tried to make a fancy flick to come away with the ball when he should have went it strong and dealt with it. Instead Portland keeps the ball and their counter going and Bradley fouls while scrambling.

Inklink
05-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Holy crap what a stop by Gleason.

And what kind of hick town cuts timber during a game?

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 04:36 PM
That play was Perquis not making a tackle and Bradley having to make a tackle.

smtavare
05-01-2016, 04:37 PM
thanks bradley.

Fuckin Bradley, and he was yelling back at Irwin on setting up the wall, he also did that with Cadwell a couple of years back- I just don't like him,overrated underachieving asshole

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 04:42 PM
hows that not a fucking red. thats a second yellow for osprilla. What a reckless challenge on lovitz.

Inklink
05-01-2016, 04:43 PM
That's an easy yellow.

What the fk was that Bradley?

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Toledo forgot his red cards at home

Eastend
05-01-2016, 04:45 PM
How is Toledo still a referee in this league....or any league???

JoesphNdo
05-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Bradley is a possession black hole

Alonso
05-01-2016, 04:46 PM
We're eating Portland's lunch for a solid ten minutes now

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Bradley is a possession black hole

U gotta be kidding.

Seriously.

The guy has one of the highest pass completion rates in the league.

smtavare
05-01-2016, 04:48 PM
U gotta be kidding.

Seriously.

Ya, how much of those passes are positive/ forward ones? I can pass back too!

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 04:49 PM

Go look it up. You got a narrative about him. Fine and dandy. But he's adept at keeping attacks going.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Toledo is a fucking joke. We should have been a man up for the last 15 mins

Vendetta
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM

if thats the case then kyle bekker had an amazing rate as well lol

Eastend
05-01-2016, 04:51 PM
wow, what a save

Inklink
Robbed again.

JavierMartini
can we stop fucking heading it up. If it hasnt worked 5 times head it down

smtavare
U gotta be kidding.

Seriously.

Did you like that giveaway he just did, seriously with this Bradley man crush, I'm not saying he is a bad player, but he is definitely not worth the money

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 04:52 PM
We've done enough to tie this game - ran up against a very very very hot keeper.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 04:53 PM
We were robbed when Toledo didnt give asprilla a second yellow for a reckless late challenge with 15 minutes to go. Fuck toledo

Vendetta
Give it up to the Portland keeper. he won it for them

Couchy81
Made their Gk look like a superstar

notthesun
Did you like that giveaway he just did, seriously with this Bradley man crush, I'm not saying he is a bad player, but he is definitely not worth the money

He's only been our 2nd best player this year. And the FK goal was Perquis' fault.

nonc
TFC are definitely the worst team at headers in the league.

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2016, 04:54 PM
A good effort by the Reds, if it were not for some amazing saves, the Reds would have been up. They can really hold their heads up high and you know what ....

Now They Are Coming Home !!!

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 04:54 PM
He's only been our 2nd best player this year. And the FK goal was Perquis' fault.

you cant blame only the man who gave the ball away. Bradley committed the foul with two defenders behind him.

JoesphNdo
05-01-2016, 04:55 PM
U gotta be kidding.

Seriously.

Obviously that's a bit of an exaggeration but stats can be misleading. If Bradley understood his limitations and had the discipline and intelligence to play within them he'd be the best mid fielder in the league. But he doesn't.

He does alot good and brings a lot to the table, but it's between five or ten times a game, every game, that he pointlessly gives the ball away trying passes he isn't talented enough to make. This indulgence costs us alot

Ajax TFC
05-01-2016, 04:56 PM
We looked the better team that second half (missed the first). A boneheaded Bradley foul in a dangerous area and some nice saves from Gleason were the difference

notthesun
05-01-2016, 04:56 PM
you cant blame only the man who gave the ball away. Bradley committed the foul with two defenders behind him.

Never would have gotten to that point if Perquis didn't try a fancy little dink instead of an actual tackle when he was more likely to win it. Bradley was good again today.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Disappointing loss today. A little sharper finishing and we couldve been out of sight.

I suppose 11 pts from 8 road games is okay, but we shouldve done better today and in Colorado

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Never would have gotten to that point if Perquis didn't try a fancy little dink instead of an actual tackle when he was more likely to win it. Bradley was good again today.

How can you ignore the bad tackle that led to the free kick. I get you favor bradley however you can't ignore the bad foul in a dangerous place. We had two defenders and a keeper behind bradley. There is no reason to foul there, he should have forced wide and defended not foul. You really cant solely blame perquis at all. Moreover Bradley had around 6 more giveaways than perquis through out he game.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Sucks to lose this game because we deserved a draw if not a win. Moor and Altidore should have buried those headers even ignoring that last chance for Johnson. They're marking on crosses was horrific and we let them off the hook. Oh well.

Still 3rd in the conference at the end of the road trip and the performances are improving too. This is a good team.

Redcoe15
Fuck that asshole Toledo with a jagged tailpipe up his asshole!

ronzilla
Good effort, just no luck.

It was bradleys fault for the 2nd goal.

Bobo
05-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Not Toledo's worst game (not saying a heck of a lot) but the narrative has run so long, I think its just become part of our DNA. Unlucky result but I'm pleased with the performance and am too relieved/excited that we have a regular schedule from here on out to really get down about this one. If they can build on this away run in the manner that I expect them to, then hopefully this result will come to mean little.

ManUtd4ever
05-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Solid effort. We deserved at least a draw, but their goalkeeper and the crossbar were the difference.

General Woolfe
05-01-2016, 05:08 PM
I find it hard to believe Bradley is getting it tight on here for his performance today. Yes he gave away the foul for their goal, but it was a first class strike from Valeri. He's performed great this season as a playmaker, although personally I might like to see him deployed further forward.

If that was a playoff game today, i'd feel much happier, as I thought we had their measure and had we been more clinical with our chances (Moor, Altidore) we'd have won that game. Also on another day Gleeson doesnt stop the efforts from both Johnson and Bradley. Hard to be critical of our superstar, but id like to see Gio use the players around him a little more and stop looking for a goalazo everytime.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 05:13 PM
How can you ignore the bad tackle that led to the free kick. I get you favor bradley however you can't ignore the bad foul in a dangerous place. We had two defenders and a keeper behind bradley. There is no reason to foul there, he should have forced wide and defended not foul. You really cant solely blame perquis at all. Moreover Bradley had around 6 more giveaways than perquis through out he game.

It wasn't a good tackle but watch the play again. Bradley, Delgado and Johnson all slow down as they're running back because they all expect Perquis to win the ball, which he should. Instead he does... something, I don't really know what he was thinking even watching the replay again. The ball squirts out and Bradley starts racing back, now in scramble mode because you have Valeri running at your back line with two passing options. Now yes, we recovered with numbers well but Bradley is focused on the ball and probably isn't aware of that, and he makes a bad tackle. So sure give Bradley some blame for getting beat on the tackle but to me it's clearly more Perquis' fault, that's where the breakdown occurred and it was a particularly bad play, thus he deserves most of the blame. Also on the giveaways, Bradley finished with 89% passing accuracy and Perquis finished with 80% (compared to Moor who played more passes yet didn't miss a single one).

I criticized Bradley plenty last year, when he was trying to play 3 roles at once and over-exposing us constantly. Now he's anchored at the defensive midfield spot and playing well, yet inexplicably he's still a lightning rod of criticism as far as I can see. It's silly. It's like people completely forget the past two years and want him to do everything on the pitch, despite the fact that we've already learned that doesn't work. By pretty much every relevant statistic he's been either the best or very near the best DM in the league this year.

ensco
05-01-2016, 05:17 PM
That was a well played game by both teams.

We played far better than we did against NE or DC, we were dangerous at least 5-6 times, but got nothing today.

No point whining about Toledo or the foul that led to the Valeri goal. Actually, the biggest gaffe of the game was Moor's handball in the box (uncalled).

Such is life sometimes.

Ivy
05-01-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm agreeing with the anti-Bradley crowd today. Not a good game from him, not at alllllll.

OgtheDim
05-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Tactics - too narrow in the first half. FB's were holding themselves back to deal with the speed. We got width in the second and transitioned the ball around and were by and large the better team, on the road against the defending champs. Somebody, somebody HAS to bury one of those headers.

notthesun
05-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Just a note, Giovinco seems to be struggling with his free kicks lately... has he gotten one over the wall yet this year?

molenshtain
05-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Thought we played well. I don't think you can say anyone had a particlarly bad game, including Bradley who I thought was excellent for the most part again today. Finishing just wasn't there.

On to the next one.

Shakes McQueen
05-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Pretty decently played game all around, on both sides. Sometimes it just isn't your day.

Solidly in the upper-half of the conference table, after eight straight road games? I'll take that start.

cdnorman
05-01-2016, 06:04 PM
So sure give Bradley some blame for getting beat on the tackle but to me it's clearly more Perquis' fault, that's where the breakdown occurred and it was a particularly bad play, thus he deserves most of the blame. Also on the giveaways, Bradley finished with 89% passing accuracy and Perquis finished with 80% (compared to Moor who played more passes yet didn't miss a single one).

I criticized Bradley plenty last year, when he was trying to play 3 roles at once and over-exposing us constantly. Now he's anchored at the defensive midfield spot and playing well, yet inexplicably he's still a lightning rod of criticism as far as I can see. It's silly. It's like people completely forget the past two years and want him to do everything on the pitch, despite the fact that we've already learned that doesn't work. By pretty much every relevant statistic he's been either the best or very near the best DM in the league this year.

Agreed. Bradley made some errors with passing - more than usual -- but you're correct to note that he doesn't make many of them (which is probably why I noticed them). It's important to place a player like Bradley in the context of what he does and has to do and you're quite right to note how he's been asked to do pretty much everything in the defensive midfield while setting up the attack. He's had to do it all. It's nice to see him have a bit of role easement, but he's always going to be in a position where he has to take cues from others as their cover. In the case of Perquis, that just didn't work out.

Tough loss, but we finally come home and with it some normalcy and stability. What a road trip and it's one I think we can be proud of even if we deserved more than we got.

JavierMartini
05-01-2016, 06:12 PM
That was a well played game by both teams.

We played far better than we did against NE or DC, we were dangerous at least 5-6 times, but got nothing today.

No point whining about Toledo or the foul that led to the Valeri goal. Actually, the biggest gaffe of the game was Moor's handball in the box (uncalled).

Such is life sometimes.

There were 2 missed handballs in the box on them xD I guess nto as cledar as moor's. I'm more pissed about asprilla remaining on the pitch after that late challenge on delgado. We've seen suspensions for less.

Prof
05-01-2016, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=ensco;1792658]That was a well played game by both teams.

Rule:
A handball occurs if any player, other than the team’s goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player’s fingers right up to the shoulder.
Moor did not deliberately handle the ball therefore there is no penalty and no gaffe by Toledo.:hump:

reggie
05-01-2016, 06:38 PM
9 of 10 times those headers are goals.they were good reaction saves,but right at him.game of inches..
JOZY where are you?

ensco
05-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Rule:
A handball occurs if any player, other than the team’s goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player’s fingers right up to the shoulder.
Moor did not deliberately handle the ball therefore there is no penalty and no gaffe by Toledo.:hump:

Moor's arm was away from his body, that usually gets called

SoccMan2
05-01-2016, 08:02 PM
They did enough to win this game by 2 goals easily, enough chances were created, Portland is very fortunate to get a win here very fortunate.

Blixa
05-01-2016, 08:20 PM
The Portland goalkeeper did some incredible stuff and we easily could have scored 3/4/5 goals if it wasn't for his performance. Not gonna cry over this one.

ag futbol
05-01-2016, 08:38 PM
The Portland goalkeeper did some incredible stuff and we easily could have scored 3/4/5 goals if it wasn't for his performance. Not gonna cry over this one.
Agreed, although I think it's time for altidore to start potting a few.

flatpicker
05-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Good effort by Toronto.
Portland keeper did well.

I was a little let down by Giovinco. Too often he seemed to choose the most difficult path toward goal which frequently resulted in a turnover. And his flopping to the ground and acting injured is tiresome. That's not the kind of behavior I like from our players.

jazzy
05-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Fun game , rough game , hopefully there are no further suspensions.....our bench seems so empty for scoring strength . I guess that's the price we pay for our salaries . Gio tried to much by himself but all in all scrappy fight and great goal beat us . Valeri? Dove all night, begged for yellows and was rewarded as such .

habstfc
05-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Good game by Toronto, Portland were very average today. Three headers at point blank range all directly at keeper. TFC should have won, can't wait til next week.

TFC Tifoso
05-02-2016, 06:57 AM
tough game that was.....imo had nothing to do with Toledo, missed penalties, Bradley, etc......TFC couldn't finish their chances and that's that......could've had 3 or 4.......deserved at least 1 point, possibly 3 with some better finishing....Portland's goalie was fantastic......file this one away and on to the HOME OPENER!!!!

C.Ronaldo
05-02-2016, 07:51 AM
9 of 10 times those headers are goals.they were good reaction saves,but right at him.game of inches..
JOZY where are you?

this game would have been won if Jozy showed up, he wasn't making enough runs, wasn't splitting the D. outside of 2 genius picks on the corners that lead to the headers, not sure what his role was.

both giovinco and Bradley had some odd passes go no where, wonder if the turf had something to do with it

ronzilla
05-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Both bradley and delgado put on a poor performance.

This team relies too much on Giovinco. He cannot win games on his own every time and others have to step up, especially jozy.

ronzilla
05-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Also, I watched the replay of the Seba incident and that mother fucker should have been sent off. He walked up from behind and stomped on Giovinco's back heel and shoved him to the ground.

The officiating in MLS is f'n bush league.

shwade
05-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Well played games by us...our defence got sliced open nicely on Portlands first goal. Their goalkeeper was a beast and the only reason we didn't win.
Bradley was off today, quite a few giveaways...Altidore still wasting a DP spot. We really need someone in a wide midfield role. Only 1 of Osorio, Delgado and Endoh should be on the starting 11 at a time.

C.Ronaldo
05-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Well played games by us...our defence got sliced open nicely on Portlands first goal. Their goalkeeper was a beast and the only reason we didn't win.
Bradley was off today, quite a few giveaways...Altidore still wasting a DP spot. We really need someone in a wide midfield role. Only 1 of Osorio, Delgado and Endoh should be on the starting 11 at a time.

agreed

delgado is not starting material, endoh can currently only be used to exhaust the other team.

I cant remeber who, but Giovinco chewed one out on the field for a bad pass. probably made the player want to crawl into hole and cry

MartinUtd
05-02-2016, 03:53 PM
I'm not going to talk about the game because we all saw it, instead I'm going to talk about 'Joey Timber'.

Here's a guy with VIP access to stand right behind the net with a portable internal combustion engine while opposing teams are trying to organize on set pieces. Yes, this man with the a clogged shower drain for a face is letting it rip for the sole reason of giving the defending team a disadvantage. I have no idea how they let this shit fly but if that's how they're winning games, I say bring on the laser pointers. I'll stop short of the bags of piss but these cheating fucks deserve the full Mexican treatment every time they leave home.

Fuck the Timbers.

(great fans though)

Fort York Redcoat
05-03-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm not going to talk about the game because we all saw it, instead I'm going to talk about 'Joey Timber'.

Here's a guy with VIP access to stand right behind the net with a portable internal combustion engine while opposing teams are trying to organize on set pieces. Yes, this man with the a clogged shower drain for a face is letting it rip for the sole reason of giving the defending team a disadvantage. I have no idea how they let this shit fly but if that's how they're winning games, I say bring on the laser pointers. I'll stop short of the bags of piss but these cheating fucks deserve the full Mexican treatment every time they leave home.

Fuck the Timbers.

(great fans though)

Never thought of it that way. Well put.

C.Ronaldo
05-03-2016, 09:55 AM
yah you can see Bradley yelling at Irwin, probably couldn't hear him on where to setup the wall

still a world class strike though

Detroit_TFC
05-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Gleeson announced as the @soccerwriters MLS Player of the Week.