PDA

View Full Version : MidWeek MLS Games TODAY Wed 13 April

OgtheDim
04-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Yup, Wednesday games have returned

Colorado @ SKC 8:30 pm

NYRB @ SJE 10:30 pm

Dallas @ Portland 10 30 pm

That third game would almost make me want to stay up.

molenshtain
04-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Almost. But no Nagbe and no Diaz makes that a significantly less interesting match-up.

Pint
04-13-2016, 12:05 PM
This reminded me to do my fantasy roster today, thanks.

OgtheDim
04-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Watching the SKC game. They are using the overhead camera as the main coverage. Its picking up the speed of the SKC press. Quite good to watch from that angle.

Fort York Redcoat
04-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Wow, So Urruti helps make the first 2 happen for Dallas against his former team with Tesho in on one and scoring the third.

Fort York Redcoat
04-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Wondo now tied with Ante Razov 4th all-time for goals in MLS with that goal to win against NYRB.

Sidenote: The closest active to his 114 goals are Kamara and Keane with 75.

molenshtain
04-14-2016, 08:51 AM
It's insane that Keane is already on 75 goals.

SoccMan2
04-14-2016, 10:30 AM
All three games last night had more or less sellouts and by looking at the highlights it looked like real sellouts in all three games in Kansas City, Portland and San Jose. This crock about weeknight games not doing well attendance wise well not in these cities, my take on this is if your one of the cities where even weekend games draw flies then of course weeknight games you would then just get friends and family attending. It's incredible how some cities draw well no matter when they play but many clubs still struggle even on weekends. If these games had been played in Dallas, New Jersey or Colorado you would be lucky if the 5000 attendance mark of real butts in the seats would have been there. Never mind TV ratings attendance is still a big issue in too many cities in this league IMO.

Fort York Redcoat
04-14-2016, 10:48 AM
All three games last night had more or less sellouts and by looking at the highlights it looked like real sellouts in all three games in Kansas City, Portland and San Jose. This crock about weeknight games not doing well attendance wise well not in these cities, my take on this is if your one of the cities where even weekend games draw flies then of course weeknight games you would then just get friends and family attending. It's incredible how some cities draw well no matter when they play but many clubs still struggle even on weekends. If these games had been played in Dallas, New Jersey or Colorado you would be lucky if the 5000 attendance mark of real butts in the seats would have been there. Never mind TV ratings attendance is still a big issue in too many cities in this league IMO.

I would love to see sellouts for MLS everywhere but isn't this more aesthetics than anything?

Isn't every major sport in NA comparable?