PDA

View Full Version : Postioning from here on in....

Stryker
07-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok so we're reasonbly sure we've got Barrett. So how do we play the rest of the season? I'm thinking Carver can't play Barrett as a lone Striker. Waaaaay to much pressure on him and I think he'll have more than enough of that already. Pairing him with young Ibby? Too early for this.
I think we should play Barrett up front with Guevara in a 4-4-2.
When Danny returns or if we get a DP I say we throw caution to the wind and play a 4-3-3 or even a 3-4-3 diamond midfield and let Edu ride pine while we test the waters. Velez of course being the dropped defender.
What do you guys think?

Broadview
07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking sort of a 4-1-1 with Amado up there like you say. Pretty much what we have been doing but we tell Chad it's a 4-4-2 so he doesn't freak out.

I've been on Edu lately but the last couple of games he's been...better.

Pachuco
07-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm thinking sort of a 4-1-1 with Amado up there like you say. Pretty much what we have been doing but we tell Chad it's a 4-4-2 so he doesn't freak out.

Chad has been playing as a lone striker for Chicago forever

PaulinosTFC
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM

I disagree...he's always tripping and fumbling over the ball (especially against the impact a few days ago). He looks so damn sloppy out there :cuss:

Corcai
07-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Hmmm, 1. When you pass the ball at least aim it in the general direction of a teammate. 2. If there is a ball within 15 feet of you, you better own it. 3. Ask Carver not to play Cunny.

FluSH
07-26-2008, 10:16 PM
^^^^

haha!

Good to see your still on the boards Corcai! =P

Keegan
07-26-2008, 10:22 PM

The last few games he has been AWFUL. Versus Montreal he was total shit and should never pull on the shirt again. He doesn't deserve to wear the Toronto shirt. You want to be a prima donna Maurice? Go to Kansas City or Columbus where no one will care.

Lets play a 4-4-2 we NEED two strikers because frankly we are weak at the position anyways and NEED goals. A lone weak striker doesn't work.

Strikers: Guevara (even though he can't finish really), Barrett
Midfielders: Robert, Robinson, Ricketts, Rosenlund
Defenders: Brennan, Velez, Marshall, Wynne

We are pretty weak at forward and central D. I like that midfield though.

Bars92
07-26-2008, 11:48 PM
how about Ricketts with Barret up front? He is the only one on the team that can finish right now.

LucaGol
07-27-2008, 07:24 AM
The last few games he has been AWFUL. Versus Montreal he was total shit and should never pull on the shirt again. He doesn't deserve to wear the Toronto shirt. You want to be a prima donna Maurice? Go to Kansas City or Columbus where no one will care.

Lets play a 4-4-2 we NEED two strikers because frankly we are weak at the position anyways and NEED goals. A lone weak striker doesn't work.

Strikers: Guevara (even though he can't finish really), Barrett
Midfielders: Robert, Robinson, Ricketts, Rosenlund
Defenders: Brennan, Velez, Marshall, Wynne

We are pretty weak at forward and central D. I like that midfield though.

I disagree....we don't exactly give up a lot of goals...well not at home anyways.

As for the formation....4-3-3 woulnd't work because Robert and Ricketts would be the forward wingers and they don't get into the box enough...that's the problem with the 4-5-1 currently.

I would like to see a 4-1-3-2.

Wynne -- Tebily -- Marshall -- Brennan
-------------Robinson
Ricketts ---- Guevara ----- Robert
----Barrett ---- Hello DP Striker

The Pope
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I would like to see a 4-1-3-2.

Wynne -- Tebily -- Marshall -- Brennan
-------------Robinson
----Barrett ---- Hello DP Striker

Tebily is gone back to France as he thinks it's too expensive here and I doubt we'll have a DP in the next few games, so I think we'll see something like this for the next little while

Wynne -- Velez -- Marshall -- Brennan
--------Robinson-----Edu----------
------------Barrett--------------

or

Wynne -- Velez -- Marshall -- Brennan
-------------Robinson------------
Ricketts ---- ------- ----- Robert
-------------Guevara-------------
----------Barrett---Ibby----------

no huge change until we get a DP, but we don't need CUNTingham anymore so it's automatically a better lineup

we'll also have to see how some of the other kids fit in while int'l players are away