PDA

View Full Version : Home opener nearly sold out?

mistercorporate
04-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Was just checked the TFC ticket page to see if I could get a couple extra tickets for family members that might be able to make it that day and noticed there are only 80 tickets left in the entire stadium. Is this for real or are they holding tickets back and only selling them in stages? There were a number of seats that were comped last year according to some, is availability similar to last years home opener 3 weeks out or are we actually looking at a fully packed stadium with standing room seats likely being added?

eustacchio
04-11-2016, 03:04 PM
There will always be a bunch of seats held back for players, advertisers, execs, etc. at any event. Still considered sold out though, and certainly wouldn't available to purchase online.

Whether those people show up or not, well...

molenshtain
04-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I think Larson tweeted not so long ago that they were anticipating a sellout opening day, as well as having increased available season seats due to demand.As always when it comes to this type of thing with MLSE, I'd take it with a grain of salt. But it's promising.

mistercorporate
04-11-2016, 03:10 PM
That's fantastic if true. Steady growth in attendance and a new roof to lock people in, good stuff.

mowe
04-11-2016, 03:48 PM
The team announced 28k sold last week.

Ivy
04-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Id loveeeee to see every seat in BMO full. Excited for May.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2016, 04:23 PM
It can not come soon enough, what an amazing day it will be !!

OgtheDim
04-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Just a reminder that sold out doesn't = fully attended.

I look forward to a big crowd at night. Can't come soon enough.

Brooker
04-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Scalpers prolly have 1/4th lol

ensco
04-11-2016, 06:55 PM
I'll do what I've done the last few years for early and late season games, and wait to see the weather forecast before deciding whether to go.

mistercorporate
04-11-2016, 07:07 PM
I'll do what I've done the last few years for early and late season games, and wait to see the weather forecast before deciding whether to go.

Weather forecast? We have a roof! :P

Onyx
04-11-2016, 07:39 PM

i was sunny last year v houston and only half the eastside showed up. hopefully they are really sold and not mlse giveaways.

mistercorporate
04-11-2016, 07:47 PM
i was sunny last year v houston and only half the eastside showed up. hopefully they are really sold and not mlse giveaways.

Half the east side showed up? That's not true, plus it also rained.

OgtheDim
04-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Half the top east side maybe had bums in seats, and IIRC, a company bought 2K worth of those tickets to give away.

nascarguy
04-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Weather forecast? We have a roof! :P the roof is shit it's too high

glaze
04-11-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm sure the NYCFC game will sell out.
But half the crowd will be there for Pirlo

molenshtain
04-11-2016, 09:08 PM
the roof is shit it's too high

The south side is going to show up regardless. That won't effect attendance. Having a roof on the east and west side means some of the more fair weather fans don't have the excuse of not showing up to half the games due to weather anymore.

mistercorporate
04-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Only 60 tickets left now, with 3 weeks to go. Maybe this is actually going to happen, I hope they start selling/opening-up some of those Rogers sponsored seats and allow for some standing room only tickets to make the atmosphere really pop! Let's set a new record for an MLS soccer specific stadium.

C.Ronaldo
04-12-2016, 09:02 AM
the roof is shit it's too high

the roof is not shit, the decision to put up that high or not rework the south end is shit.

But I'll wait for the first rain game to complain

C.Ronaldo
04-12-2016, 09:03 AM
as an aside

do you guys remember the early years opening day games? how poorly coordinated it was? beer stands running out of beer, bathroom overflowing, the corn on the cob guy!

Cashcleaner
04-12-2016, 09:05 AM
A sell-out wouldn't surprise me, though it's interesting to note that the marketing surrounding the new season revolves around the renovations at BMO Field, and not as much on the players as it was in previous years. That's not a bad thing, and it makes sense given how the DPs are now into their second or third years with the club, though. I think a lot of people want to see the new stadium in person - both existing season ticket holders and those who don't make it out as much or have yet to see a live game.

mistercorporate
04-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Well, so much for that...

Just as the tickets get sold out, TFC opens up about 100 new tickets for purchase :P ...

Onyx
04-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Well, so much for that...

Just as the tickets get sold out, TFC opens up about 100 new tickets for purchase :P ...

they are probably holding back seats. You just don't have a whole bunch of entire rows open up. those are pretty low down ... what does the rest of the east side really look like? ml$e is just limited supply (artifically) given its 4 weeks to kickoff.

if you are close to a sellout you should see a bunch of singles and odd scattering of 2-3 seats, not a whole strip of one row. if you go latter in the season and select 5-10 dates you can see whole rows unsold and piece together where the haven't sold any season seats and holding back seats.

the game will be similar to houston last year for attendance.

GabrielHurl
04-13-2016, 07:49 AM
Half the east side showed up? That's not true, plus it also rained.

http://i.imgur.com/B6bxh85.jpg

mistercorporate
04-13-2016, 08:28 AM
https://s2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NfZ1HdmggTODB0TVmeXPIg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/houston-dynamo-v-toronto-fc-20150510-235831-710.jpg

mistercorporate
04-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Interesting ticket sales strategy...website is showing the home opener as completely sold out???

Onyx
04-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Interesting ticket sales strategy...website is showing the home opener as completely sold out???

the put up a few more whole rows this afternoon. they seem to be moving though, half gone in a few hours

khso11
04-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Seems like the home opener is sold out on the ticketmaster website. It's going to be a big game and big night.

Red CB Toronto
04-30-2016, 12:23 AM
Seems like the home opener is sold out on the ticketmaster website. It's going to be a big game and big night.

Man that it amazing, looking forward to it big time. This season with the way the regular season has started could be amazing, Seba is something to watch, what a joy !!

Joe Kool
04-30-2016, 08:00 AM
I think some tickets will still pop up from unsold group sales. My work, for instance, has tickets to home opener available still but they have a deadline to let TFC know if any unsold then they go back in the system. If that is the case for more groups/companies there could be a certain amount unsold still. I am sure compared to the amount that is sold it is very small amount.

OgtheDim
04-30-2016, 08:04 AM
Doubt its completely sold out There are a few season tickets around. I notice the half season packs though are not available.

Not sure if demand is all that hot yet. Stubhub has quite a few tickets around for the opener, including the two seats right next to me. :(

Hmm....interesting how somebody on Stubhub is selling 2 seasons in row 13 of 112 for $700 US. Somebody must think being among the RPB is worth a bit.

mistercorporate
04-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Yeah it sometimes shows as sold out then all of a sudden the next day about 10-20 tickets available at a higher price.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2016, 06:48 AM
Doubt its completely sold out There are a few season tickets around. I notice the half season packs though are not available.

Not sure if demand is all that hot yet. Stubhub has quite a few tickets around for the opener, including the two seats right next to me. :(

Hmm....interesting how somebody on Stubhub is selling 2 seasons in row 13 of 112 for $700 US. Somebody must think being among the RPB is worth a bit.

Is there a comments section? That would be hilarious having at some obvious sclapers and ruining their goldmine...

akoto
05-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Ticketmaster shows 12 tickets left. I'm sure that will change before game day but it's promising.

CanadaLFC
05-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Raptors game # 3 at 5 pm on Saturday. Hope that doesn't make a difference for attendance (they're playing away, but people will watching on TV, ML Square etc.).

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Raptors game # 3 at 5 pm on Saturday. Hope that doesn't make a difference for attendance (they're playing away, but people will watching on TV, ML Square etc.).

I figure it will play a part in some stragglers making their way into the stadium after the whistle. But what a sports day it will be, Jays Dodgers at 1, Raps at 5 and Reds at 7:30 !!

vince93
05-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Someone tell Norn Kelly.😄⚽

Berns
05-02-2016, 04:12 PM
For the last month I've been contacting my MLSE account manager a few times and picking up extra tickets. Today I asked for 2 more and he responded with " At the present time we are sold out for our home opener!". Still selection on Stubhub... but when the account manager stops selling to Corporations that's got be be a good sign off a near sellout.

dupont
05-03-2016, 09:04 AM
For the last month I've been contacting my MLSE account manager a few times and picking up extra tickets. Today I asked for 2 more and he responded with " At the present time we are sold out for our home opener!". Still selection on Stubhub... but when the account manager stops selling to Corporations that's got be be a good sign off a near sellout.

That's odd since you can just go to ticketmaster and buy two tickets right now

Berns
05-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Your right. He contacted me today and said some are now available. Like JoeKool said - groups and companies returning reserved. Changes minute to minute now. Stubhub still decent pricing though.

JayMolly
05-03-2016, 10:46 AM
You would think there would be no problem selling tix for the home opener.
However, while at the pop-up shop, I was given a special offer code for 30% off tickets for up to four matches.
The offers were for May 7 (home opener), May 14 (honouring Danny D.), May 18 (free Giovinco T-shirt) and June 18 (LA Galaxy and free hat giveaway).
Very interesting?

Pint
05-03-2016, 10:54 AM
You would think there would be no problem selling tix for the home opener.
However, while at the pop-up shop, I was given a special offer code for 30% off tickets for up to four matches.
The offers were for May 7 (home opener), May 14 (honouring Danny D.), May 18 (free Giovinco T-shirt) and June 18 (LA Galaxy and free hat giveaway).
Very interesting?

Doing whatever they can to fill the place on certain games especially early in the season with other things going on in toronto (raps etc).

bigredone
05-03-2016, 11:46 AM
I am trying to sit all over BMO for fun and was going to pass on this game. Then a gift card came my way and on ticketmaster they were offering the 124A seat. This seems like a great spot, and after clarifying its use by someone who doesn't require accessibility options with BMO reps, it's party time!!! Is there anything that should be known for this section? The older threads provided some good info, but times might have changed.

Onyx
05-03-2016, 01:44 PM
whats section 115a. are they putting a wheelchair section behind the south goal? can't remember that there before. Did supporters groups get displaced.

Detroit_TFC
05-03-2016, 01:55 PM
whats section 115a. are they putting a wheelchair section behind the south goal? can't remember that there before. Did supporters groups get displaced.

That's always been there. The loose seating on the rail up top. It's a good place to stand and watch the game if so inclined but you have to stand back 3 ft back from the seats (ie stand on the concourse not in 115a)

Captain
05-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Anyone had trouble transferring tickets to someone else? I bought someone tickets for the home opener. I did a transfer but the person either deleted the email or didn't get it. I'm not able to cancel the transfer as the tickets are locked and I can't resend them.
My ticket rep can't seem to find what the problem is.

cdnorman
05-03-2016, 02:21 PM
The TFC website claims the tickets are sold out and I suspect that 'sold out' means 97% or so sold. Teams customarily hold blocks of tickets for players, corporate use and such that might not always be claimed before a certain date prior to the event, hence the 'magical' appearance of tickets anywhere up to 2 hours before kickoff. This is what they call 'rush seats' in concerts.

Fort York Redcoat
05-03-2016, 03:20 PM

There was one just west of it at the bottom and a row at the top.

No. No group got displaced.

Red CB Toronto
05-06-2016, 09:58 AM
GA nothend Patio tickets are available on ticketmaster for $22 all in per.

mistercorporate
05-06-2016, 09:58 AM
They're selling general admission, standing room only tickets now! $20. They seem to understand the importance of a packed stadium, good to see.

Pint
05-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Little surprised since that area was supposed to be open to anyone.

Red CB Toronto
05-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Little surprised since that area was supposed to be open to anyone.

Maybe its still open to anyone but its just a way to sell a few extra tickets. I lots of baseball teams sell standing room tickets but there is nothing really for the most part to stop anyone from standing there. We shall see tomorrow.

BelfastBoy
05-06-2016, 10:30 AM
I just paid $45 for a $28 ticket on stubhub. Standing room would have been ok too, old-school.