PDA

View Full Version : Is TFC going further this year than last?

pawlukj
04-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Do you feel that our club, our passion, our life and our love, will go further this year than last years? Why and Why not? and no, I am not a teacher. lol. :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

bgnewf
04-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Apologies in advance for my rambling/disjointed/point form kind of response to what are some pretty open ended questions!

Beitashor - Upgrade. Irwin - Upgrade. Johnson - Upgrade. Moor - Big ass upgrade. Manning - a Soccer guy (with a pedigree as a soccer guy) as President. A roof and a completed stadium - both good things. A back loaded schedule that gives TFC a better run in than just about anybody in the East. Assuming we come out of this road trip in relatively decent shape this is a big bonus too.

Passion is a whole different question. Ten years in and now we have to share the ground with the gridiron nomads. The pitch might be a shambles right when we need it most. We could see another playoff bust. Who the hell knows. Simply put anything LESS than home playoff date(s) joy is not going to be enough to satisfy. Anything less and heads will roll in my opinion. And frankly taking the Voyageurs Cup seriously would be a good change as well. Winning begets winning. Trophies beget trophies.

Biggest question mark is Vanney. He has shown a level of tactical maturity (granted a small sample size to date in 2016) and flexibility that I for one thought was beyond him, especially considering how poor he looked at the end of last season against Montreal.

If Greg Vanney is our coach at the end of 2016 we have had a success (of sorts). If he's is gone on or before November the sky will fall once again.

Redcoe15
04-08-2016, 06:07 PM
If not for the fucking shitty reffing in MLS this year, TFC's record would be much better, AFAIC! [/rant]

Initial B
04-11-2016, 11:51 AM
I'd like to think they'll get farther, but 10 years of PTSD is hard to break...

BelfastBoy
04-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Hopefully Irwin will make a few extra saves that we didn't have last year and that'll be good enough to secure a home playoff game.

Pivotal year though with the surface, Argos and performance under Vanney.

mistercorporate
04-11-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm confident we will. Never know with playoffs but I'm super stoked! I'm really liking the way the new MLSE leadership is running things the last couple of years, our time has come!

http://www.barcelonabook.com/uploads/9/2/8/1/9281695/5823663_orig.jpg

Blindside16
04-12-2016, 06:12 AM
I'm confident we will. Never know with playoffs but I'm super stoked! I'm really liking the way the new MLSE leadership is running things the last couple of years, our time has come!

I agree 100%. Playoffs are a topic for another day but I believe our time is now to leave a mark on the league.

Cashcleaner
04-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Very confident we'll see better results this season. Bez and Vanney did a pretty good job plugging the holes that we had last year And honestly: we're currently sitting with 5 point after 5 away games. That's not too shabby for any MLS club facing an extended road stretch. Just wait until we start playing at home...