PDA

View Full Version : April 8- 10th Other MLS Games This Weekend

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 06:10 AM
Friday

Orlando at Philly 7pm Kaka in the cold

Saturday

Columbus at Montreal 4pm WHY ARE YOU WATCHING THESE TWO WHEN WE ARE PLAYING??????

Vancouver at DCU 530pm TSN Disappointing meets just not very good We play in DCU next week.

SKC at NYRB 7pm Battle of the coaches who like to look tough

San Jose at Dallas 9pm Dallas fun to watch. San Jose, not so much.

Colorado at RSL 930pm Mountain men game that I don't think I can give a shit about to be honest

Sunday

Seattle at Houston 4 pm Seattle avoids the steambaths of a Houston summer time - only 24 and 46% humidity at game time

Chicago at NYCFC 7 pm Bandbox soccer returns to primetime with a rematch of the worst played game of the season

Portland at LAG 1030 Game of the week in theory

Detroit_TFC
04-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Starting to wonder when Portland will get some traction, tough stretch for them (LA - Dallas - SJ).

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Jays home opener?

Raptors playing?

PAH

Lets watch Orlando play Philly in front of about 10K.

And...Bendik makes an immediate impact by kicking the ball into an on rushing Sapong - thankfully for him it didn't go into the net.

Onyx
04-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Jays home opener?

Raptors playing?

PAH

Lets watch Orlando play Philly in front of about 10K.

And...Bendik makes an immediate impact by kicking the ball into an on rushing Sapong - thankfully for him it didn't go into the net.

10k? maybe 5k
when is MLS going to get rid of all these franchises that are turning chivas. crowd at Colorado was awful last week as well. dragging the league down

Keane is out still, so i put KC v Red Bulls as match to watch this week

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Philly does fine. Goes between about 13K and 18K usually. Their stadium looks like ours. Most fans on the right end and beneath the cameras.

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Hmm....we might just have had goal of the year and save of the year within 5 minutes of each other.

Hugh Jazz
04-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Didn't catch much of the 2nd half but Philly won that one in style, great goal, great save right at the end (2-1). Orlando backline made quite a few blunders.

Yohan
04-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Philly is somehow 1st in the East. Let that sink in for a moment.

Love parity and this league!

Auzzy
04-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Joe Bendik put in a classic Scott Sterling-style save off the face in the 68th minute of the Philly-Orlando game, it's in the highlights...

Fort York Redcoat
04-09-2016, 05:26 AM
Philly does fine. Goes between about 13K and 18K usually. Their stadium looks like ours. Most fans on the right end and beneath the cameras.

They had so much potential having an SG before they even had team but it takes dedicated fans to go to chester every week. They will be a team that must perform to see good attendance numbers.

So no Larin at all? i just saw highlights and no lineups.

OgtheDim
04-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Larin out with a minor hamstring. Orlando was playing with a false 9 all night. Kaka can't really run at people like Seba so he needs the ball at his feet - wasn't happening much.

Yohan
04-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Colorado at RSL 930pm Mountain men game that I don't think I can give a shit about to be honest

Rocky Mountain Cup. Derby game. And RSL is somehow last undefeated team in MLS this season so far

SoccMan2
04-09-2016, 06:18 PM
DC United hopefully there attendance picks up once they get their new stadium because right now they are drawing flies, lucky if there is 3000 people at their game versus Vancouver today.

OgtheDim
04-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Crowd looks bad in that big stadium in New Jersey.

Montreal has won all 8 games at home since the coaching change. Fortress Cheese Land

Vancouver is just disappointing - hopefully that can stay until after the Voyageurs.

Hugh Jazz
04-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Vancouver making it easy for DC to run up the score.

molenshtain
04-09-2016, 06:34 PM
DC United hopefully there attendance picks up once they get their new stadium because right now they are drawing flies, lucky if there is 3000 people at their game versus Vancouver today.

most of the side that the cameras face boycotted the game today, I believe. Could be wrong but I'm fairly sure they scheduled one for this weekend in response to the Ban given to one of their members.

OgtheDim
04-09-2016, 09:31 PM
The attendance in New Jersey was supposedly 21406 i.e. 2/3 of capacity. There were a couple of shots from behind the goalie on goal kicks and the stadium on all sides looked more then 1/3 empty.

CBTFC
04-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Such a waste of an awesomely fantastic stadium that is Red Bull Arena.

OgtheDim
04-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Wondo is being Wondo - guy just knows how to score.

Yohan
04-09-2016, 09:58 PM
and to think he didn't start scoring until he was 27 ish

OgtheDim
04-09-2016, 10:30 PM
OK, I stand corrected on that RSL/Colorado match. Not well played but the midfields were basically being bypassed for minutes on end.

Hugh Jazz
04-09-2016, 10:38 PM
At home and in form RSL only able to breakthrough COL once after a terrible blunder. Anyone who thought we should have got a result against the Rapids while down a man needs to rethink that one.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Stade Saputo game v Columbus didn't show crowd in highlights but the bell echoed louder in there. I'm sure Bekker heard it after his goal. The announcers even made note of how many times turf bounce came into play. Kamara (Kei) duffed at least 3.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2016, 07:25 AM

DC is in a low spot with no wins this season and their supporters in protest.

Vancouver making it easy for DC to run up the score.

Vancouver continues their slide with Laba out on his red and Tibert with his first game back from injury.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2016, 07:40 AM
The attendance in New Jersey was supposedly 21406 i.e. 2/3 of capacity. There were a couple of shots from behind the goalie on goal kicks and the stadium on all sides looked more then 1/3 empty.

Such a waste of an awesomely fantastic stadium that is Red Bull Arena.

RB is having some bad luck and it continued this game. shots high and wide, a penalty blocked and the injuries meant Ouimette was aside a first timer. Both got beat on that second goal by Dwyer.

Attendance has to be affected by MLB season opener, no? NY likes their basesball.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2016, 07:52 AM

and to think he didn't start scoring until he was 27 ish

Courting 4th place all time to take Ante Razov. Amerikwa in on so many highlights...

Nice to see Tesho take the penalty on his first game back.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Rocky Mountain Cup. Derby game. And RSL is somehow last undefeated team in MLS this season so far

OK, I stand corrected on that RSL/Colorado match. Not well played but the midfields were basically being bypassed for minutes on end.

At home and in form RSL only able to breakthrough COL once after a terrible blunder. Anyone who thought we should have got a result against the Rapids while down a man needs to rethink that one.

Very interesting takes on this match. RSL still undefeated, Plata still a hero but got to mention Maund with the save from the line. That should keep him starting for a while. Looks like he was a better keep than Justin Braun. Hindsight 20/20. Granted we didn't have a TFCII for him back then to find his form.

ag futbol
04-10-2016, 09:49 AM
I hate to say it but the limp act look like the best team in MLS right now. Forget drogba, they don't even need him.

Hugh Jazz
04-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Definitely one of the top teams. They've got enough depth to go far this year.

molenshtain
04-10-2016, 12:50 PM
A lot of that has to do with teams refusing to try and give any special attention at all to Piatti. The amount of time and space he was getting on the ball yesterday, and all season, is insane.

CBTFC
04-10-2016, 01:59 PM
They have that speedy Oduro guy...we sure could use a guy like that on the wings! ;) :P

notthesun
04-10-2016, 02:05 PM
They have that speedy Oduro guy...we sure could use a guy like that on the wings! ;) :P

Heh, well Montreal is actually being smart with him because they aren't using him on the wings (this year), he's only played up at the top of their 4-2-3-1. That's how he scored 13 goals for Columbus in 2013. He doesn't have the passing ability or quite frankly the smarts to be an effective midfielder. But he has lethal speed and his touch is decent enough that you give him a few through balls a game (Piatti and Shipp can do that with ease), he'll eventually put one in or have the defense scrambling to recover, opening things up for trailing players. Definitely a player you need to plan for if he's used correctly.

Yohan
04-10-2016, 02:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR9N6uWSuyY

OgtheDim
04-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Giles Barne's scores a goal after just walking with his back to the ball,turning and pinging the pass over Frei.

https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/719265145881497600

PopePouri
04-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Seattle looks like hot garbage right now.

Detroit_TFC
04-10-2016, 05:40 PM
At some point soon, Sigi is going to need to move Morris to S2, for a while. Soccer twitter will have a field day but Morris is not adjusting well to the pro game.

molenshtain
04-10-2016, 05:42 PM
That'd be great for MLS though. It'll show up those who thought Morris was stupid for going back to a league they thought was too easy for him.

OgtheDim
04-11-2016, 06:23 AM
De Jong should get a game or two for that tackle.

ensco
04-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Giles Barne's scores a goal after just walking with his back to the ball,turning and pinging the pass over Frei.

https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/719265145881497600

That is a classic - a striker shows you where the name comes from - he puts everyone to sleep, before striking!

Hugh Jazz
04-11-2016, 08:08 AM
At least 2 games, surprised that wasn't a red. Speaking of, were there any reds handed out this week?

Yohan
04-11-2016, 11:19 AM
At least 2 games, surprised that wasn't a red. Speaking of, were there any reds handed out this week?
not that I recall.

notthesun
04-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Have to think PRO told refs to cool it with the reds this week, despite their grandstanding in the media. Lot of borderline tackles that were given yellows (like Morrow's) which would have earned reds the past few weeks, and on De Jong's especially it's just about unthinkable that under this new zero-tolerance standard an MLS ref would give a yellow for that unless they were instructed to try to avoid red cards as much as possible.