PDA

View Full Version : Beer at BMO This Season

OgtheDim
04-04-2016, 01:14 PM
We can only hope

https://twitter.com/RobinsonMegan/status/717049282482855938

molenshtain
04-04-2016, 01:17 PM
I would do anything to stop the monopoly of Budweiser at TFC games.

Literally. anything.

Pint
04-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Mill St was bought by InBev? We only have Anheuser products (aka Goose Island, Shock Top, Boddingtons, Rolling Rock etc).

The tall can selection is pretty decent in certain areas

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Mill St was bought by InBev? We only have Anheuser products (aka Goose Island, Shock Top, Boddingtons, Rolling Rock etc).

Yeh, the tall boy selection especially on the second level concourse on the east side is pretty good.

OgtheDim
04-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Yes, InBev bought Mill Street.

I would like to see Mill Street on tap instead of Goose Island. Although both are made here in Toronto (yes, Goose Island in Canada is made in Canada, not Chicago), I would prefer the truly local that is just as good. 100th Meridian on tap would be awesome. Even tall cans would be decent.

TFC Tifoso
04-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Which area do they sell Boddingtons at BMO?

on the side, I find it incredibly silly that certain beers are only available at some sections at BMO.....I mean I get that Boddingtons for example won't be at every beer stand, but if its only sold at a stand in the North-East corner say, why not at least have a stand like that in all 4 corners of the stadium.....as of now, I don't think that's the case.....

Red4ever
04-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Excellent. Another thread about beer complaints. This time we pit microbrews vs microbrews!

It's always funny to me that people want local beer over other beer while having no problem paying the bulk of our salary to an Italian and 2 Americans.

OgtheDim
04-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Excellent. Another thread about beer complaints. This time we pit microbrews vs microbrews!

It's always funny to me that people want local beer over other beer while having no problem paying the bulk of our salary to an Italian and 2 Americans.

InBev OWNED microbreweries. :thumbsup:

Come on, a guy has to dream of something good while waiting for the home opener.

33 days

Pint
04-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Which area do they sell Boddingtons at BMO?

on the side, I find it incredibly silly that certain beers are only available at some sections at BMO.....I mean I get that Boddingtons for example won't be at every beer stand, but if its only sold at a stand in the North-East corner say, why not at least have a stand like that in all 4 corners of the stadium.....as of now, I don't think that's the case.....

I've seen it at the beer carts at the back of the southend 2nd deck. They also had Amsterdam blonde last season at the same carts.

Don't know if they always had it as I didn't venture up very often.

jazzy
04-04-2016, 04:53 PM

its about quality and taste........and find me a player like Gio from Toronto , and by all means sign him up ......silly post.

Red4ever
04-04-2016, 05:06 PM
its about quality and taste........and find me a player like Gio from Toronto , and by all means sign him up ......silly post.

Not really. All three types of goose island are on par with or imo, better than mill street.

But keep complaing man. Im sure it will get rid of bud in no time. You wonder how people get to 3300 posts. It's probably by complaining about beer.

jazzy
04-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Not really. All three types of goose island are on par with or imo, better than mill street.

But keep complaing man. Im sure it will get rid of bud in no time. You wonder how people get to 3300 posts. It's probably by complaining about beer.

so having a preference is complaining ? hmm if I find Mill St a really easy to drink beer and it's local , although now sold , I can't wish for that . the last two years have been quite shitty as far as beer and choice go at BMO . Their cider is hilariously shit . We're all wishing for products (overpriced), that at least when we PAY we gain some form of satisfaction /quality . I guess we should simply hand over our $$$ no questions asked . I had better beer in Columbus from their fresh micro brew stand , and cheaper to . Enjoy Goose Island , but it's Canada allow me spend my money as I feel , as you do .

Red4ever
04-04-2016, 06:09 PM
so having a preference is complaining ? hmm if I find Mill St a really easy to drink beer and it's local , although now sold , I can't wish for that . the last two years have been quite shitty as far as beer and choice go at BMO . Their cider is hilariously shit . We're all wishing for products (overpriced), that at least when we PAY we gain some form of satisfaction /quality . I guess we should simply hand over our $$$ no questions asked . I had better beer in Columbus from their fresh micro brew stand , and cheaper to . Enjoy Goose Island , but it's Canada allow me spend my money as I feel , as you do .

You'll be at 3,400 in no time.

OgtheDim
04-04-2016, 08:31 PM

Oh, I enjoyed Goose Island last year compared to the rest of the offerings prior to 2014 (when Hoegarden is the best beer in the stadium, that was just sad) but 100th Meridian kicks its ass.

lobby1
04-04-2016, 09:02 PM
I'll ask the question then run like hell!
Do they sell Corona beer at BMO?

stegosaurus
04-04-2016, 11:47 PM

Mix your $4 Dasani water half and half with a $12 Bud and add a snuck-in wedge of lime. ;)

cdnorman
04-05-2016, 04:38 AM
Oh, I enjoyed Goose Island last year compared to the rest of the offerings prior to 2014 (when Hoegarden is the best beer in the stadium, that was just sad) but 100th Meridian kicks its ass.

Goose Island is pretty good. I can't complain too much about it, although it is ONE beer and available at what, two locations at the stadium? Funny, I hadn't heard that Mill Street was bought by Labatt (InBev in the grand scheme) until this thread. Hmm.

Bringing more of the small, once craft brews that are under that conglomerates control makes so much more sense. 100th Meridian, Mill Street Organic and even the porters for those cold days to add so much to the gameday refreshment experience. Please make this happen.

OgtheDim
04-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Mix your $4 Dasani water half and half with a $12 Bud and add a snuck-in wedge of lime. ;)

More like Bud Light

Pint
04-05-2016, 06:37 AM

For some reason I feel like i have seen Corona tall cans at one of the larger beer setups on the east side. If they have it, it would be at the one with 5 or 6 doors of tall cans on the 2nd level of the east side.

FRANKIE65
04-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Hate that Mill Street sold out...BUT...Cobblestone Stout at BMO...PLEASE!!

redcard
04-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Corona is available my friend, I've personally requested it. When i was visiting the West side there beer dudes walking around were carrying it.

jazzy
04-07-2016, 10:11 PM
You'll be at 3,400 in no time.

That's deep , probably your best hiding behind that computer . Sorry I thought we were a club of individuals with similar interests having pleasant interactions with each other . You should take something for that constipation . Instead of dumping here .

Derko
04-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Hate that Mill Street sold out...BUT...Cobblestone Stout at BMO...PLEASE!!
I was disappointed as well, but a good friend who is the business reflected that Mill street has just become too big to be an independent, in order to keep up with demand they had to move to the big three in world beer marketing. I like their brews and will buy them if available at BMO. I wonder if Mill Street has the same deal as Goose Island where the contract states they have I think 5 years of free range on recipe development. In the UK, Deageo saved and revived many Scotch Distilleries allowing them to keep distilling in their respective areas and traditions. Just business I suppose. There is a difference between Craft Brewers and Micro Brewers. Seek out the Micro Brewers.
Beer discussion is so interesting, and so personal isn't it. Drink what tastes good to you. Cheers

Derko
04-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Goose Island is pretty good. I can't complain too much about it, although it is ONE beer and available at what, two locations at the stadium? Funny, I hadn't heard that Mill Street was bought by Labatt (InBev in the grand scheme) until this thread. Hmm.

Bringing more of the small, once craft brews that are under that conglomerates control makes so much more sense. 100th Meridian, Mill Street Organic and even the porters for those cold days to add so much to the gameday refreshment experience. Please make this happen.

Of the Mill Street line, I still really enjoy the Tankhouse Ale, nice and Malty, with just enough hops a real British Style ale, Goose Island Honkers is another good one, Reminds me of Spitfire Kentish Ale.

Areathrasher
04-08-2016, 08:45 AM
Was I imagining it or was there Amsterdam products at BMO last year?

Pint
04-08-2016, 08:52 AM

Yes Amsterdam Blonde was available in certain places, not sure about any other lines

Justin10000
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM
I'd love to have Amsterdam Boneshaker at BMO.

Derko
04-08-2016, 10:49 AM
I'd love to Amsterdam Boneshaker at BMO.

That's a really good one , but could be a tad too adventurous the soda pop sipping masses though

Ben - D.O.W.
04-08-2016, 10:51 AM

Yes Amsterdam Blonde was available in certain places, not sure about any other lines

Did anyone see Boneshaker or Cruiser on site? That'd be a great way to get my wife to come to more games.

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Did anyone see Boneshaker or Cruiser on site? That'd be a great way to get my wife to come to more games.

I only saw cans of Blonde at the South Concourse carts.

BuSaPuNk
04-08-2016, 11:13 AM
That's deep , probably your best hiding behind that computer . Sorry I thought we were a club of individuals with similar interests having pleasant interactions with each other . You should take something for that constipation . Instead of dumping here .

You expected different from him?

German21
04-08-2016, 11:28 AM
I was happy with Goose last year. I was more happy with the choices the year before. As long as there is at least one beer that is from a more craftbrew or microbrew standpoint

Red4ever
04-08-2016, 12:58 PM
You expected different from him?

I see you quit the group.

Smoke > Loyalty I guess.

FRANKIE65
04-08-2016, 01:08 PM
I'd love to Amsterdam Boneshaker at BMO.

Yes PLEASE!!

Fort York Redcoat
04-08-2016, 01:24 PM

First mistep.

You clearly aren't interested in the outcome of the thread but got your vote on its quality.

You could've just moved on to something more interesting right there, the rest of your posts after that are troll bait and personal.

Leave it out, please.

Flint
04-08-2016, 01:25 PM
I wish BMO was an alcohol free stadium. It's just better like that.
g:D :hide:

Fort York Redcoat
04-08-2016, 01:26 PM
I wish BMO was an alcohol free stadium. It's just better like that.
g:D :hide:

I'm with you, mate. Wouldn't bother me none.

BuSaPuNk
04-08-2016, 01:43 PM
I see you quit the group.

Smoke > Loyalty I guess.

Hahahaha expected response especially from you. Glad your still on your high horse, and projecting attitudes not shared by others wonder why people choose to leave?

And I wouldn't jump to conclusions on why I left. And really whats it matter if people leave the group are they not as important to support then you?

Im with Flint and Pete on this one. Im not picky when it comes to my beers. I grab the odd one here and there I did enjoy the Goose Island IPA. Was a good tieover till we get back to Joes, rather he get my beer dollars then ML$E

Red4ever
04-08-2016, 01:54 PM
First mistep.

You clearly aren't interested in the outcome of the thread but got your vote on its quality.

You could've just moved on to something more interesting right there, the rest is troll bait and personal.

Leave it out, please.

Yeah, that's not close to accurate. There is nothing trolling about this, just pointing out the silliness of the thread and how "buy local" only applies to beer and not players.

I'll be reporting your post as well.

Fort York Redcoat
04-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Yeah, that's not close to accurate. There is nothing trolling about this, just pointing out the silliness of the thread and how "buy local" only applies to beer and not players.

You're right. You attack the thread and then your following posts go on personal tirades. Unnecessary.

Red4ever
04-08-2016, 01:59 PM
You're right. You attack the thread and then you're following posts go on personal tirades. Unnecessary.

If you guys aren't gonna mod personal attacks, then this is what you are left with.

Do your job.

Fort York Redcoat
04-08-2016, 02:01 PM
If you guys aren't gonna mod personal attacks, then this is what you are left with.

Do your job.

Sure.

Pint
04-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Umm this is a thread about beer, a normal topic friends or aqualintances would discuss.

What is with everyone lately, seams like far too many are in pissy moods.

Back to beer, I wish the beer cart in 115 carried something other than bud or Stella.

Ultra & Proud
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Back to beer, I wish the beer cart in 115 carried something other than bud or Stella.
The cart at the top concourse above 116 or 117 has everything in tall cans.

eustacchio
04-08-2016, 02:14 PM
I only realized last season that I could get vodka/sodas - which are actually cheaper than any of the beers.

Pint
04-08-2016, 02:15 PM
The cart at the top concourse above 116 or 117 has everything in tall cans.

I know but I try and no leave the section during play and half time nature always calls, which keeps me on the bottom concourse. Might need to find time this year to make it up top.

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Wait...I could have had a gin and tonic and sit in the stands and make fun of Orlando?

DANG

Oldtimer
04-08-2016, 02:33 PM

[moderator comment]

You are correct in that it is not inherently "trolling" to dislike a thread.

We try to promote civil discussion on this forum.

Our general rule about threads is, if you think a thread is really stupid, don't look at it, don't post in it. Nothing positive is done by saying "this is a stupid thread." It just gets people's backs up. Even if a thread seems incredibly stupid to you, take a break and step away from that keyboard! It's easy. (Unfortunately, as a moderator, I don't get off so easy, I have to read every thread. Even ones I would rather not spend 10 seconds on).

[/moderator comment]

Now back to those who wish to discuss beer.

OgtheDim
04-08-2016, 03:06 PM
:drinking:

Pint
04-08-2016, 03:12 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/DCI-Mitten-Flask-Red-Black/dp/B00PSTIP3M

Not that I'm suggesting anyone do this but they are available. I think people may catch on if I just start ordering pop at games.

eustacchio
04-08-2016, 03:18 PM
^ Isn't it easy enough just to walk in with a bottle in your pocket? (Not suggesting it.)

Detroit_TFC
04-08-2016, 03:19 PM
I generally avoid the spirits bar at sporting events because it usually only takes me 10 seconds to drain it and then I want another.

eustacchio
04-08-2016, 03:22 PM
That's why I ask for a tall glass (or a larger plastic cup)

jazzy
04-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Umm this is a thread about beer, a normal topic friends or aqualintances would discuss.

What is with everyone lately, seams like far too many are in pissy moods.

Truth , thank you ! for returning the discussion from Mars . A glass is raised . Simply love trying all craft beers because anyone who goes to the trouble of making their own brew deserves a taste . In Columbus I enjoyed the two craft beers on tap at the kiosk near the away stands . It was dark and heavily hopped , unusual . Great price and potent ! I mean what does it take , 2 guys with kegs , not really stealing too many sales from the 'major' Brewers .

Ivy
04-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Truth , thank you ! for returning the discussion from Mars . A glass is raised . Simply love trying all craft beers because anyone who goes to the trouble of making their own brew deserves a taste . In Columbus I enjoyed the two craft beers on tap at the kiosk near the away stands . It was dark and heavily hopped , unusual . Great price and potent ! I mean what does it take , 2 guys with kegs , not really stealing too many sales from the 'major' Brewers .
Excellent post Jazzy, I agree with you 100%. Although I haven't been doing that, I might have to start.

Justin10000
04-11-2016, 08:20 AM
That's a really good one , but could be a tad too adventurous the soda pop sipping masses though

True. Considering it's ABV is "high", BMO wouldn't sell many.

bgnewf
04-11-2016, 01:59 PM
in response to question regarding Corona - I recall seeing it... again in those beet carts under the south end bleachers and in those on top of the south end concourse.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Hahahaha expected response especially from you. Glad your still on your high horse, and projecting attitudes not shared by others wonder why people choose to leave?

And I wouldn't jump to conclusions on why I left. And really whats it matter if people leave the group are they not as important to support then you?

Im with Flint and Pete on this one. Im not picky when it comes to my beers. I grab the odd one here and there I did enjoy the Goose Island IPA. Was a good tieover till we get back to Joes, rather he get my beer dollars then ML$E

All For One, at the end of the day we are all here for the same reason, to support TFC and the 11 lads that take the pitch in the different ways that each of us want within reason of course. No one supporter is better than the other.

By the way this beer bickering is a joke , just drink up and enjoy if it's at Joe's, BMO Field, a brown paper bag etc !!

OgtheDim
04-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I started this thread cause I am interested in what InBev provides at BMO.

Life's too damn short for me to be content with Bud. :)

Drink what ever you want people. The rest is banter. Cause life is REALLY too damn short to expect everybody to like what I like.

Bellzy
04-11-2016, 10:23 PM
I'm certain we'll be seeing a Mill Street product or two at BMO this year. I would put my bets on organic tall cans and maybe Tankehouse or 100th Meridian also. Beer talk is good and continue the dialogue as I know the folks at Labatt see these posts

By the way in Canada Goose is only produced in MTL.

Cheers

Bellzy

Shakes McQueen
04-12-2016, 08:33 PM
All For One, at the end of the day we are all here for the same reason, to support TFC and the 11 lads that take the pitch in the different ways that each of us want within reason of course. No one supporter is better than the other.

By the way this beer bickering is a joke , just drink up and enjoy if it's at Joe's, BMO Field, a brown paper bag etc !!

The following largely isn't directed at you CB - just an ongoing exasperation at people who need to get over themselves, and using your post as the soapbox:

If people want to talk about the beer selection at BMO, then let them. What drives me nuts is when threads devolve into bickering among people who don't care about the topic in the first place, needling the people who do as fools who need to shut up and get over it.

How about this: If you don't care about the subject at hand, then just leave the thread alone, and if if no one cares, it will die a natural death all on it's own. If it survives, then it continues to be one, easily ignored thread title among dozens.

The juvenile drama that occasionally goes on here, is prematurely aging me. Who knew cheering for the local soccer team carried with it so much pointless melodrama, feckless antagonism, and soporific fights between people and groups who are ostensibly dedicated to the same, almost painfully simple goal to support some guys playing soccer.

Yeesh.

bigredone
04-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Beer, beer, beer, bed, bed, bed.

Not one for all, but both for all!!!!

boozilla
04-13-2016, 06:20 PM
If Mill Street is there, so will Brickworks Cider, another craft sell-out. Don't bother trying to support faux-local options, if you want to drink, just drink what you like.

Justin10000
04-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Oh man... BMO would be lucky to have Brickworks...

Huyton
04-13-2016, 09:27 PM

I had a couple of glasses of some stuff in Columbus that was very heavily hopped. I really liked it, but I'm a fan of the overly hopped American style Pale Ales. It was called 3 Frogs, if I remember correctly...appropriate name for a very hoppy beer!

Bluenose13
04-13-2016, 10:43 PM
The following largely isn't directed at you CB - just an ongoing exasperation at people who need to get over themselves, and using your post as the soapbox:

If people want to talk about the beer selection at BMO, then let them. What drives me nuts is when threads devolve into bickering among people who don't care about the topic in the first place, needling the people who do as fools who need to shut up and get over it.

How about this: If you don't care about the subject at hand, then just leave the thread alone, and if if no one cares, it will die a natural death all on it's own. If it survives, then it continues to be one, easily ignored thread title among dozens.

The juvenile drama that occasionally goes on here, is prematurely aging me. Who knew cheering for the local soccer team carried with it so much pointless melodrama, feckless antagonism, and soporific fights between people and groups who are ostensibly dedicated to the same, almost painfully simple goal to support some guys playing soccer.

Yeesh.Brilliant!

Red4ever
05-03-2016, 10:14 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/beer

A contribution to my favorite thread. Breathe easy, the bud light lime o Rita is back.

OgtheDim
05-03-2016, 11:29 AM
4 Mills Streets including 100th Meridian plus the Brickworks Cider

Best we can really hope for with InBev. :drinking:

Auzzy
05-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Wow, I'm happy. It's gonna cost me though... :cheers:

akoto
05-03-2016, 01:11 PM
The Mill St West Coast Style IPA is pretty good.

Ultra & Proud
05-03-2016, 02:41 PM
The Mill St West Coast Style IPA is pretty good.
It isn't like the Goose Bay one though is it? Every sip from that IPA was like getting slapped in the face with a wet, mesh glove stuffed with hops.

Kind of sad to see Honkers go but 100th Meridian will fill the spot.

akoto
05-03-2016, 03:16 PM
It isn't like the Goose Bay one though is it? Every sip from that IPA was like getting slapped in the face with a wet, mesh glove stuffed with hops.

Kind of sad to see Honkers go but 100th Meridian will fill the spot.

I enjoy Goose Island IPA. Mill St. is more citrusy (think grapefruit) but it's still a hop bomb. West Coast IPAs are extremely hoppy. If you didn't like Goose Island IPA you won't like this one either. I really like Honkers too. Sad to see it go.

nascarguy
05-04-2016, 06:11 AM
looks like I'm back just drinking bud again. It would be nice to see Tennents (http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/tennents-export-lager)or Creemore lot 9

akoto
05-04-2016, 08:09 AM
looks like I'm back just drinking bud again. It would be nice to see Tennents (http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/tennents-export-lager)or Creemore lot 9

Creemore is owned by Molson now so that won't be happening. Tennent's is no longer owned by AB-InBev so I doubt it would be coming anytime soon either.

OgtheDim
05-08-2016, 06:41 AM
I was impressed. Mill Street Products were everywhere including some of the in seat vendors. Organic on tap. Lots of the cider available. I saw more people with Mill Street stuff in their hands then not.

Discostu81
05-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Goose Island was still there, I thought that was going?

nfitz
05-08-2016, 04:23 PM
All I saw on tap was the Bud, and that Stella/Shocktop vendor at the top behind 112 (and presumably some of those elsewhere). Was there anything else that was convenient? I grabbed a can of Tankhouse from that "beer store" behind 110.

james
05-08-2016, 06:05 PM
If Mill Street is there, so will Brickworks Cider, another craft sell-out. Don't bother trying to support faux-local options, if you want to drink, just drink what you like.

I personally wasn't a big fan of Mill Street, I also was not surprised at all when they got purchased, I knew it was a matter of time for Mill Street to get taken over. They weren't bad beers, they had a few good beers for the style and once in a while a tasty interesting beer, but I like more hoppy, more adventurous, more Belgium's or sours or wild beers or Big flavoured IPA's, Mill Street had more British like mellow styles of beers or more malty like beers, for the most part not to adventurous (tho there new West Cost IPA isn't bad) but I know people call them sell-outs now....but imagine working and building a business, working your ass off for many years, and then after years of work you get offered a truck load of cash by a big brewer. Hey maybe at retire age id take the money and run. Its not that easy to refuse the money. You could retire and still make beer at home for fun.

A lot of craft beers are getting taken over by the big brewers now. I don't mind if big brewers do if the craft brewery continues to make the good beers they use to make, and also continue to come out with new stuff. The part I hate about the big brewers is to often they take over a craft brewery but then continue making the old good beers, but stop or slow down on coming out with new beers.

boozilla
05-10-2016, 01:41 AM
I don't mind if big brewers do if the craft brewery continues to make the good beers they use to make, and also continue to come out with new stuff.
Sadly, under threat from craft, Big Beer is buying them not to innovate and produce "new stuff", but to retain their market dominance. Once a former craft brewer is part of that profit driven machine, their original brand philosophy becomes a co-opted and an essentially disposable marketing tool. If you can't discern Labatt's new watered down formula of Mill Street Organic (and others like Lowenbrau) from their originals, welcome to the InBev machine.

nascarguy
05-10-2016, 06:40 AM
they still have Goose island by 127 and 116

akoto
05-10-2016, 08:59 AM
they still have Goose island by 127 and 116

I was happy to see that. Although its now "big beer" I like honkers and their IPA

Red CB Toronto
05-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Will be interesting with it being possible that some at BMO this summer will be drinking "America" even though we are in Canada.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/10/budweiser-seeks-approval-to-be-called-america-this-summer/

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2016/05/budweiser-america.jpg&w=1484

Fort York Redcoat
05-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Will be interesting with it being possible that some at BMO this summer will be drinking "America" even though we are in Canada.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/10/budweiser-seeks-approval-to-be-called-america-this-summer/

If by interesting you mean a stupid idea, yes, yes. Very "interesting" indeed.

Detroit_TFC
05-10-2016, 10:27 AM
AB marketing is just being aggressively stupid now. First the ads shitting on the smaller brewers and now this. Maybe they are trying to be named the official beer of the Trump administration. They can get in the fucking sea or get shot into the sun, their choice.

Red CB Toronto
05-10-2016, 10:54 AM
AB marketing is just being aggressively stupid now. First the ads shitting on the smaller brewers and now this. Maybe they are trying to be named the official beer of the Trump administration. They can get in the fucking sea or get shot into the sun, their choice.

Yeah, what bullies, they seem to have a with us ie we buy you, against us mentality.

Red CB Toronto
05-10-2016, 10:57 AM
If by interesting you mean a stupid idea, yes, yes. Very "interesting" indeed.

I just find marketing and how companies approach it interesting, like why would anyone do this, but people making big bucks still forge ahead. The branding is even more of a bigger thing at BMO now that they handing you your beer in the can. Still not sure what I think about that, but that's another discussion.

Pint
05-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Not much different than most mass market CPG companies - to the comment about the us vs you mentality.

The marketing decision in this case has nothing to do with us or canada really, in terms of market size and potential they probably sell more bud in NY state than they do in all of canada.

mr k
05-10-2016, 12:18 PM
So, now we'll have America plastered all over the North End. Worse than any Argo sightings.

I heard Bud Light will be renamed Canada.

Fort York Redcoat
05-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Not much different than most mass market CPG companies - to the comment about the us vs you mentality.

The marketing decision in this case has nothing to do with us or canada really, in terms of market size and potential they probably sell more bud in NY state than they do in all of canada.

It's possible but I've heard in the past it's the best selling beer in Canada. I'd say most of it has to do with placement and price. Flood every event and sales at the store and voila - A country that allegedly likes their own beer...

Pint
05-10-2016, 01:10 PM
It's possible but I've heard in the past it's the best selling beer in Canada. I'd say most of it has to do with placement and price. Flood every event and sales at the store and voila - A country that allegedly likes their own beer...

I've worked for a major consumer packaged goods company in sales strategy in the past and you can look at a ton of different metrics to determine "best sales". You could have 10 different people claiming the same thing and all of them technically being correct.

Fort York Redcoat
05-10-2016, 01:13 PM
I've worked for a major consumer packaged goods company in sales strategy in the past and you can look at a ton of different metrics to determine "best sales". You could have 10 different people claiming the same thing and all of them technically being correct.

Don't doubt it for a minute. My point was that Bud, while the epitome of Murica and what I wouldn't be drawn to still does unbearably well here in Hoserville.

Pint
05-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Don't doubt it for a minute. My point was that Bud, while the epitome of Murica and what I wouldn't be drawn to still does unbearably well here in Hoserville.

Ya it probably does do well... every bar that has a beer special seams to have it on bud/bud light/coors etc so they pump through a good volume.

eustacchio
05-10-2016, 04:57 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned, but my buddy tried to grab a large beer as the second half was kicking off and he was told that they are not selling large beers after the half any more.

james
05-10-2016, 10:44 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned, but my buddy tried to grab a large beer as the second half was kicking off and he was told that they are not selling large beers after the half any more.

its that or they ran out of big size cups. I was also told no large right by 112 probably as the kickoff just occurred, I just assumed they meant sold out of large because that happened to me a few times last year. So I don't know.

james
05-10-2016, 10:51 PM

I hardly see people I know drinking Blue anymore. I swear it use to be Blue or Canadian for the most part. Now Its so often Bud, Bud Light, Coors ...and for others its Craft beer. How did these Big American brands take over the dominate Canadian, Blue and Keiths that I swear use to be what everybody was drinking!!

Areathrasher
05-11-2016, 08:47 AM

They brought in that policy last season

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Anyone surpsied this season they are just handing you your beer in a can and not pouring it into a cup anymore?

Pint
05-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Anyone surpsied this season they are just handing you your beer in a can and not pouring it into a cup anymore?

Yes and i don't see it lasting too long.

eustacchio
05-11-2016, 10:25 AM
its that or they ran out of big size cups. I was also told no large right by 112 probably as the kickoff just occurred, I just assumed they meant sold out of large because that happened to me a few times last year. So I don't know.

My buddy explicitly asked and they said it was stadium-wide.

They brought in that policy last season

Could be - I can't remember ever buying a large beer myself.

Justin10000
05-11-2016, 12:05 PM
In case anyone doesn't know, Budweiser "America" will only be available in the US. So you don't have to worry about seeing the brand here.

Auzzy
05-11-2016, 12:05 PM
I was also surprised that I got a water bottle with the cap left on Saturday. Not sure if that's a new policy, or just a matter of training & experience for vendors, considering the construction was hardly done for Saturday?

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2016, 12:06 PM
I was also surprised that I got a water bottle with the cap left on Saturday. Not sure if that's a new policy, or just a matter of training & experience for vendors, considering the construction was hardly done for Saturday?

Yeah I'd say training.

eustacchio
05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Ya it probably does do well... every bar that has a beer special seams to have it on bud/bud light/coors etc so they pump through a good volume.

I think this has to do with the company paying for the promotion.

For example, the Firkin on King has steins available on Thursdays at a discounted rate - they serve the typical domestics and a couple of other beers in the steins but only those beers. If you ask for a different beer in a stein that night, they won't give it to you because the company is essentially paying for the special. At least, that's how it was a year or so ago.

C.Ronaldo
05-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Yes and i don't see it lasting too long.

someone already through a beer on field, didnt they?

some ruin it for the rest of us

Pint
05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
someone already through a beer on field, didnt they?

some ruin it for the rest of us

Yes someone threw one on the field at the RC game vs LA, no idea about sat as i wasn't at the game. In general it just a terrible idea and says to me that the people making food and beverage decisions have no idea what they are doing.

eustacchio
05-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Yes someone threw one on the field at the RC game vs LA, no idea about sat as i wasn't at the game. In general it just a terrible idea and says to me that the perple making food and beverage decisions have no idea what they are doing.

There was definitely a can in the six yard box.

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Yes someone threw one on the field at the RC game vs LA, no idea about sat as i wasn't at the game. In general it just a terrible idea and says to me that the people making food and beverage decisions have no idea what they are doing.

And considering how many rained down from the 500 level at the ALDS after the Russel Martin call, I can't believe anyone thinks it a good idea. Even the Rogers Centre still sells their beer in the can after that.

brad
05-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I hardly see people I know drinking Blue anymore. I swear it use to be Blue or Canadian for the most part. Now Its so often Bud, Bud Light, Coors ...and for others its Craft beer. How did these Big American brands take over the dominate Canadian, Blue and Keiths that I swear use to be what everybody was drinking!!

The big brands own the Canadian breweries now. InBev owns both Bud and Labatts. Molson and Coors are under the same ownership.

It's not competition or domination - its marketing.

GBV
05-12-2016, 07:02 AM

Saves pouring time, probably. Faster through the lineup etc. Way fewer plastic cups. Hopefully it lasts and is not ruined by those who throw them.
:facepalm:

james
05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
The big brands own the Canadian breweries now. InBev owns both Bud and Labatts. Molson and Coors are under the same ownership.

It's not competition or domination - its marketing.

I know all the beer takeovers and what not, its just weird to see how Canadians loyalty to a certain beer (for example some people would always drink Blue, others always Canadian) all of a sudden have shifted to more original less tasting Big American Brands like Bud Light. I prefer the craft beer model tho, don't support any single brewery locally, but do stay loyal to drinking good tasting beer, and supporting some local craft breweries is a bonus!