PDA

View Full Version : March 26th - Other MLS Games

OgtheDim
03-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Yes, there are MLS games while the rest of the world is playing internationals.

Today

NER @ New York City - 3:00 pm Not sure how NER is going to cope with the 3-6-1. NYC will be better without Diskerud - might even play Poku. Lampard still missing. Of slight interest in that NER is our opponent after Colorado.

FCDallas @ DCU - 5:30 pm - Dallas is always interesting to watch. DCU sliding towards mediocrity.

Houston @ Vancouver 10 pm - I'm trying to care, but nah......I can't.

Yohan
03-26-2016, 02:23 PM
You watch a NYCFC game bc there will be goals. The mullet scores again.

Also, Poku is playing. he is fun to watch

OgtheDim
03-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Yes, its interesting in a "these two teams don't really do defence" sort of way. Unfortunately, the NYCFC commentators are painfull. "Oh it took as light deflection there" when the ball heading for the one corner hits the centre of the goal.

notthesun
03-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Man... If I was Vanney I would be telling the guys to just never slide tackle, ever. It's way too risky the way refs are calling them.

OgtheDim
03-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Another referee stinker happening.

Jose Carlos Rivero having a bad one in DCU. Simulation city and he's falling for it.

Hugh Jazz
03-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Still the beginning of the season but looks like West is Best as usual. 4 teams in the east with less than 1 PPG. TFC should be in a good spot after this road trip if they can pick up a couple more wins.

OgtheDim
03-26-2016, 09:34 PM
The Vancouver Houston game is like watching an upgraded version of NYCFC playing TFC last season, except on a bigger field. The midfields might as well not be there.

Yohan
03-26-2016, 09:35 PM
The Vancouver Houston game is like watching an upgraded version of NYCFC playing TFC last season, except on a bigger field. The midfields might as well not be there.
or defenders

ag futbol
03-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Gantar is bush league. Multiple tactical fouls, no yellows whatsoever shown.

Hamilton_Red
03-27-2016, 03:39 AM
Vancouver have really declined this season. Their last three goals on weak penalties..not a single goal from open play after 4 games.

Fort York Redcoat
03-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Urruti scores again to put that Dallas out of reach for DCU.

Fort York Redcoat
03-28-2016, 10:25 AM
So from that Vancouver game I'd say Fraser Aird isn't the RB answer for Canada right now...:eek:

PopePouri
03-28-2016, 11:46 AM
So from that Vancouver game I'd say Fraser Aird isn't the RB answer for Canada right now...:eek:

He's more the answer than Henry.

Fort York Redcoat
03-28-2016, 12:46 PM
He's more the answer than Henry.

So I guess that was just that Houston game? He was involved with some highlight misplays.

PopePouri
03-28-2016, 05:01 PM
So I guess that was just that Houston game? He was involved with some highlight misplays.

Thought he was okay against Houston and TBF, they kept a clean sheet so any mistakes he made did not lead to them conceding. He was a tire fire against Montreal but was good against Seattle and SKC, us against Zusi and Dempsey respectively.

Doneil was terrible against Mexico. If he's not going to add any width, you'd expect him to be decent defensively and positionally which he wasn't. He didn't close down the Layun cross that lead to the Chicharito goal, and he awas out of position on the third goal. At least with Aird, he has all the tools to be a decent fullback and puts in a great ball into the box. Something Larin is starved of when playing internationally.

ag futbol
03-28-2016, 05:08 PM
Needs defensive seasoning, but promising going forward without a doubt. He's getting better with each game.

If he continues at this pace he'll be a standout fullback in the near future.

Fort York Redcoat
03-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Needs defensive seasoning, but promising going forward without a doubt. He's getting better with each game.

If he continues at this pace he'll be a standout fullback in the near future.

Good to know. I'd have to think Floro is giving Henry a chance to get back in form but unless he has the game of his life tomorrow Aird would get the call in Sep.

A Stick
03-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Don't put the cart before the horse. Aird is just learning the position. He looked good last game, was ok in the 2 games before that and was totally lost in the first game of the season. The jury is still out on Aird.

notthesun
03-30-2016, 09:35 PM
So, Masato Kudo has apparently been suspended one game and fined for his dive in the VAN-HOU match that Gantar called, earning them a penalty and the only goal of the game. It's kind of funny that the DisCo can issue the equivalent of a red card for an offense that is literally never red card worthy in an actual match. Of course, the whole thing could be avoided by just having competent referees. You have to laugh when you think about the fact that the league does nothing to improve or even acknowledge the need to improve its standard of refereeing, while an official league body simultaneously contradicts game-changing refereeing decisions every few weeks.