PDA

View Full Version : CMNT March call up

Yohan
03-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Match dates: Fri 25 Mar at Vancouver and Tueshttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd2dF3tW4AEnE3q.jpg 29 Mar at Mexico City

CANADA
Detailed roster via CanadaSoccer.com (http://canadasoccer.com/?t=project&sid=1049)
1- GK- Simon Thomas | NOR / FK Bodø/Glimt
2- FB- Nik Ledgerwood | CAN / FC Edmonton
3- CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / Diósgyöri VTK
4- CB- Dejan Jaković | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
5- CB / M- David Edgar | ENG / Sheffield United
6- M- Julian de Guzman | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC
7- W- Iain Hume | ESP / SD Ponferradina
8- M- Will Johnson | CAN / Toronto FC
9- F- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe Alexandra
10- W- David Junior Hoilett | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
11- W- Tosaint Ricketts | Unattached
12- CB- Doneil Henry | ENG / West Ham United
13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
14- M- Samuel Piette | ESP / Deportivo La Coruña
15- CB / M- Adam Straith | NOR / Fredrikstad FK
16- M- Scott Arfield | ENG / Burnley FC
17- FB- Marcel De Jong | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC
18- GK- Milan Borjan | BUL / PFK Ludogorets Razgrad
19- CB- Steven Vitória | POR / Benfica
20- FB / CB- Karl W. Ouimette | USA / New York Red Bulls
21- F- Cyle Larin | USA / Orlando City SC
22- GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK Fotbol
23- W- Tesho Akindele | USA / FC Dallas

Yohan
03-18-2016, 02:03 PM
No Osorio again

CMNT picked up Scott Arfield

Walms
03-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Its gonna be exciting watching these guns next Friday.... and all swagged out in our new kits!

Justin10000
03-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Amazing. Osorio left out again.

OgtheDim
03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Not sure who you'd take out for Osorio based on the game Osorio showed last season. Its not like they called up Bekker. Even at the outsides, Hume and Ricketts are both nailed onto the Floro perch - he ain't moving them.

That having been said, if Osorio keeps up his play from the last 2 games, he'll be in that squad for any fall games. His defensive work has been much better this season and he hasn't run out of gas. The CMNT should be hard to make.

Stress
03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
To be fair, with Arfield now in the mix, who do you take out for Osorio? I'd argue maybe Akindele but there's not much else in the winger/mid position to question. Now if Bekker was in again instead of Osorio, then maybe it would be more of a question.

Stress
03-18-2016, 02:42 PM
lol OG, beat me to it.

Yohan
03-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Not sure who you'd take out for Osorio based on the game Osorio showed last season. Its not like they called up Bekker. Even at the outsides, Hume and Ricketts are both nailed onto the Floro perch - he ain't moving them.

That having been said, if Osorio keeps up his play from the last 2 games, he'll be in that squad for any fall games. His defensive work has been much better this season and he hasn't run out of gas. The CMNT should be hard to make.
Piette or JDG

ag futbol
03-18-2016, 04:03 PM

I refuse to believe Tosaint Ricketts provides anything of value. He is like a slower, less-skilled Dominic Oduro. Yes he's a forward but all else equal we should call useful players. De Guzman has long since lost his legs and Piette is a speculative prospect, not game ready IMO.

Osorio isn't omitted on merit, he's omitted because he showed up the coach in prior games. Full stop. They have actually called Bekker since then over him, it's a joke.

We'll see how much longer Floro can hide behind his facade... The team hasn't been much in the result department.

spark
03-18-2016, 04:53 PM
I refuse to believe Tosaint Ricketts provides anything of value. He is like a slower, less-skilled Dominic Oduro. Yes he's a forward but all else equal we should call useful players. De Guzman has long since lost his legs and Piette is a speculative prospect, not game ready IMO.

?? Not sure if you've watched the last two rounds of qualifying? Ricketts did score four goals in the second and third rounds. Granted they were poor teams, but without his goals we'd have beaten Belize 1-0 at home lol. If he's slower than Oduro I doubt it's by that much IIRC he was a pretty good track athlete before focusing on soccer. I'm not his #1 fan, but to say he doesn't provide any value I think is a stretch. Piette is not a speculative prospect, by all accounts he was capable of playing for the first team at Fortuna Dusseldorf but the coach thought he should go back to the second team for another year and Piette was looking to sign a senior team contract. Added, I doubt Depor would waste their time on a speculative prospect when they have players already in their system. He was integral for their B side last year, so I would be surprised if he is not in their future plans.

I'm not saying Osorio should not be called, but truthfully I don't see him cracking the starting XI for these games so at this stage of his career, and age, I'm fine with him to keep getting the starting minutes at TFC instead.

notthesun
03-18-2016, 06:09 PM
We're about to play 180 minutes of 11-men-behind-the-ball bunkering soccer, I'm fine with Osorio not getting a call for these two games. Not that he couldn't be in the team, but it does make... some... sense.

We're going to bunker and counter with speed on the wings (Hoilett, Arfield, Akindele and Ricketts). With that gameplan in mind, there's no obvious role for Osorio. That doesn't make his past omissions any more logical though. Bekker should never be in the team, Bustos getting a call ahead of him, etc... nor do you need like 7 DMs to beat Belize in a tie. Floro needs to bury the hatchet and show a little more ambition when we're playing lesser teams.

Yohan
03-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Over 46000 tix sold for Canada vs Mexico game at Vancouver.

I think toronto has lost its spot as home of cmnt

mistercorporate
03-18-2016, 10:18 PM

Vancouver won that role fair and square, hats off to them!

SoccMan2
03-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Yup Vancouver has done an amazing job with tickets to this game, in Toronto this game would be lucky to get 16000 . On Osorio , he should be there, I don't get what coaches and people see in Piette, I've seen enough of him over the years even with the various Canadian age group national teams and he never impressed me with those teams, just don't see it.

ag futbol
03-18-2016, 11:14 PM
?? Not sure if you've watched the last two rounds of qualifying? Ricketts did score four goals in the second and third rounds. Granted they were poor teams, but without his goals we'd have beaten Belize 1-0 at home lol. If he's slower than Oduro I doubt it's by that much IIRC he was a pretty good track athlete before focusing on soccer. I'm not his #1 fan, but to say he doesn't provide any value I think is a stretch. Piette is not a speculative prospect, by all accounts he was capable of playing for the first team at Fortuna Dusseldorf but the coach thought he should go back to the second team for another year and Piette was looking to sign a senior team contract. Added, I doubt Depor would waste their time on a speculative prospect when they have players already in their system. He was integral for their B side last year, so I would be surprised if he is not in their future plans.

I'm not saying Osorio should not be called, but truthfully I don't see him cracking the starting XI for these games so at this stage of his career, and age, I'm fine with him to keep getting the starting minutes at TFC instead.
Well I agree he's likely not a first IX player for these games. But in the larger picture: he has some qualities most Canadian players don't, that's why I think he'd be useful on the squad.

Ricketts potting a few against weak teams is meaningless. He's ineffective against good teams - that's really what matters for qualification.

Piette's actual performance for the team vs. the pedigree is what makes him a prospect.

ryan
03-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Piette or JDG

But it's not like for like, this doesn't make sense to me.

reggie
03-19-2016, 12:01 AM

i wouldnt be shocked if there are 15 to 20k Mexicans at the game friday night.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2016, 07:56 AM

Osorio isn't omitted on merit, he's omitted because he showed up the coach in prior games. Full stop. They have actually called Bekker since then over him, it's a joke.

We'll see how much longer Floro can hide behind his facade... The team hasn't been much in the result department.

Agreed, spark, I don't understand the comparison. Ricketts and Oduro were both scoring goals last year for country and club respectfully. Both have been game changers. Neither are what one builds a team around but useful pieces to a team.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2016, 08:06 AM

It was always a contention and an experiment to have a home stadium in a country so big. Sad but a reality.

Vancouver won that role fair and square, hats off to them!

For this one game? Sure. Against the team it's easiest to get a sellout.

Yup Vancouver has done an amazing job with tickets to this game, in Toronto this game would be lucky to get 16000 . On Osorio , he should be there, I don't get what coaches and people see in Piette, I've seen enough of him over the years even with the various Canadian age group national teams and he never impressed me with those teams, just don't see it.

Bullshit. Mexico could bring 16k in any stadium in Canada. If you honestly believe BMO could not sellout against Mexico I suggest you get to some more games.

People have some incredibly short memories when talking this way. Vancouver was half full just months ago and we're ready to cede all games to them? Where's supporting your local?

I give them credit for the sellout and am glad there will be a decent crowd for next week but I'm shocked how people can within posts of each other

Laud Vancouver for a sellout

Be critical of our teams success for the lack of serious or quality competition

These things affect one another, folks.

SoccMan2
03-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Vancouver had what close to 20000 for the last game versus Honduras, do you honestly think we would have had 20000 for that game at BMO? During the WC Brazil qualifying BMO field did not come close to selling out in any of the games in Toronto during this same round that Canada is playing in now in Vancouver, I think BMO got around 16000 on average for all three home games played at BMO during the Brazil 2014 qualifying, already in two games of the same round that BMO hosted the last time around, they have beat that number quite easily it's not even close, please!

ag futbol
03-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Yeah, have to agree. Based on the numbers they've done a better job thus far.

We should be talking more about Arfield. This is a huge win for the team.

A few fence sitters latter plus Larin and this roster has gone from horrific to half decent. I may actually have hope for the future.

Defoe
03-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Anyone want to take a shot at the starting lineup?

-----------Larin
Hoilett - Arfield - Akindele
----Hutchinson - Johnson
De Jong - Vitoria - Edgar - Ouimette
-------------Borjan

I have no idea but there are 6-7 no brainers which is a nice feeling. Guys that would or could start in a lot of good leagues. Larin, Hoilett, Arfield, Hutchinson, Johnson, Vitoria. I wonder if Arfield or Akindele could play a central attacking role? Maybe Akindele will likely be a super sub the same way he's used in Dallas.

Larin BTW is on fire. He has scored in every single game. :) He's looking like he will be a better player then Altidore. and i like Altidore!!

OgtheDim
03-19-2016, 11:28 AM
JDG will start.

Guaranteed.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Vancouver had what close to 20000 for the last game versus Honduras, do you honestly think we would have had 20000 for that game at BMO? During the WC Brazil qualifying BMO field did not come close to selling out in any of the games in Toronto during this same round that Canada is playing in now in Vancouver, I think BMO got around 16000 on average for all three home games played at BMO during the Brazil 2014 qualifying, already in two games of the same round that BMO hosted the last time around, they have beat that number quite easily it's not even close, please!

20k and a half empty stadium is worth giving up hosting to you? No wonder.

The comparisons are irrelevant. Different rounds in different years with smaller teams.

They decide the men can play on plastic and Vancouver celebrates Mexico finally coming to town in an important game and its decided for some.

No fucking wonder.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah, have to agree. Based on the numbers they've done a better job thus far.

We should be talking more about Arfield. This is a huge win for the team.

A few fence sitters latter plus Larin and this roster has gone from horrific to half decent. I may actually have hope for the future.

Thus far, indeed. Let's not pretend this isn't a shiny new object for them. 20k against Honduras as their first game does not impress me. I don't know why we're falling over ourselves to wave on the team past our own backyard.

Like it has nothing to do with us.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2016, 01:26 PM
JDG will start.

Guaranteed.

Yes, The night is all about him.:canada:

Red4ever
03-19-2016, 01:36 PM
To FYR's point, Vancouver has had several things in their favor.

1) I have never seen so much marketing go into a World Cup Qualifier since I've started following the team.
2) I have never seen as much skill and hype in the media about a Canadian team during WCQ.
3) Honduras (after the 8-1 debacle) and Mexico are two solid draws; not to mention Dminica isn't
4) Vancouver hasn't hosted a game in decade(s).
5) Both games are on a Friday. One being a holiday on a long weekend.

I don't know anyone hating on Vancouver (and I LOVE to hate on Vancouver for sport), but let's acknowledge they got a great deal and lot of $$$ behind them. Or at least $$$ spent wisely.

ag futbol
03-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Thus far, indeed. Let's not pretend this isn't a shiny new object for them. 20k against Honduras as their first game does not impress me. I don't know why we're falling over ourselves to wave on the team past our own backyard.

Like it has nothing to do with us.
Using "us" is the wrong way to look at it. There are the people on this board and the like who will likely be out rain or shine. Separately, there's everybody else you need to fill up the stadium who haven't shown up in enough numbers.

Maybe you can blame it on a market that's more catered to soccer wise but not novelty, not big games, or whatever has lead to the equivalent attendance Van is generating.

Pint
03-19-2016, 02:41 PM
They also got the hype train of major commitments to drive sales.
Also seams like the partnership between the voyageurs and the CSA has really taken off since the women's world cup.

Personally I want the game in set back here but with a potential jays run, 10,000 hockey events going on here I'm afraid it will get vastly overshadowed in the marketplace.

JuliquE
03-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Osorio isn't omitted on merit, he's omitted because he showed up the coach in prior games. Full stop.
This part is what stops me from completely losing my shit, especially without knowing any further details; could easily be more to this, with what we witnessed being it boiling over.

That said, if there really wasn't much more to it than him making a bit of a fuss when being substituted, then I really just don't know. I mean, don't you WANT your players DESPERATE to stay on the pitch?!

I suppose we'll never know, but it irks me, every time, to see Oso left out, if only for what a player with his skill-set represents, in a setup like ours.

TFC1154ever
03-19-2016, 03:15 PM
People tend to forget that Toronto got 18k against Panama in last WCQ cycle with zero advertising for the game and the game being on a weekday night. 95 percent of it was Canadian. It was basically identical with Vancouver's against Honduras minus the away supporters. Had this game been at BMO, I have no doubts that the game would have been sold out. Now the question would have been, would it have been pro canadian. I think it probably would have been 50/50 being unbiased, which is why i'm ok with THIS game being played there, plus the turf factor. The decider vs El Salvador shouldn't be decided because of the 50k in Vancouver, cause it would of gotten that here. All i know is, i'd rather play El Salvador on grass, because I believe we will dictate the game against them on an ACTUAL pitch (down there was a joke for a field), especially if we need a win in the last game!

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2016, 12:20 PM
Using "us" is the wrong way to look at it. There are the people on this board and the like who will likely be out rain or shine. Separately, there's everybody else you need to fill up the stadium who haven't shown up in enough numbers.

Maybe you can blame it on a market that's more catered to soccer wise but not novelty, not big games, or whatever has lead to the equivalent attendance Van is generating.

I know the difference, roller blader, really I do, but this is where it starts and it burns me to see people disengage from ownership on this team and this city.

I refuse to take only the blame or credit for Toronto's hosting but I'll be damned to pass it off on "the rest". I think it's divisive and will keep on doing as much as I can to bring that team back. I hope more of "us" here can look at what we do with a little pride and help make the next game here even better.

Happy for Vancouver but I'll never say they should have it over Toronto.

mistercorporate
03-20-2016, 01:14 PM
Seriously man, wood for the trees. Im considered by some to be a pro-Ontario anti-XYZ province troll and even i begrudgingly feel this helps our Toronto program. A lively soccer culture across Canada makes our soccer project here more sustainable and adds energy across the country for a 2026 wc bid. Give the colonies some scraps so we may grow fat in due course :D

Onyx
03-20-2016, 03:06 PM
i wouldnt be shocked if there are 15 to 20k Mexicans at the game friday night.

doubt that.
my brother on the west coast says its mostly locals buying all the tix. There is nothing going on right now with Canucks in almost last place, so this game filled a empty hole in the sports market.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2016, 03:26 PM
doubt that.
my brother on the west coast says its mostly locals buying all the tix. There is nothing going on right now with Canucks in almost last place, so this game filled a empty hole in the sports market.

Doubt all you want. There is a Mexico march planned in the thousands. I wish Vancouver luck.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Seriously man, wood for the trees. Im considered by some to be a pro-Ontario anti-XYZ province troll and even i begrudgingly feel this helps our Toronto program. A lively soccer culture across Canada makes our soccer project here more sustainable and adds energy across the country for a 2026 wc bid. Give the colonies some scraps so we may grow fat in due course :D

I suppose if one uses it as a kick in the pants to Toronto to show we deserve it back? I'll use it for ammo but that's a long way from saying they deserve it and it shouldn't be here. That's ridiculous and that's what some are saying.

And I can't understand your logic here. Being Pro Toronto for hosting IS what makes the "soccer culture lively". If no one cared if Canada played elsewhere that's not very lively.

JuliquE
03-20-2016, 04:57 PM
I know the difference, roller blader, really I do, but this is where it starts and it burns me to see people disengage from ownership on this team and this city.

I refuse to take only the blame or credit for Toronto's hosting but I'll be damned to pass it off on "the rest". I think it's divisive and will keep on doing as much as I can to bring that team back. I hope more of "us" here can look at what we do with a little pride and help make the next game here even better.

Always admire the way you put on for our city, and how you wear the maple leaf on your sleeve.

ag futbol
03-20-2016, 05:35 PM

I think there's room for both. The national team should be truly national in scope.

If they can keep things on the 20k+ mark that is a true game changer for soccer in this country. We start making money on friendlies the sky is the limit.

Fort York Redcoat
03-21-2016, 08:33 AM
I think there's room for both. The national team should be truly national in scope.

If they can keep things on the 20k+ mark that is a true game changer for soccer in this country. We start making money on friendlies the sky is the limit.

Although I disagree, well said and respect. What is my most important take away is that you believe in the long haul and aren't expecting to see what we want to see happen over night.

Keep on skatin', Ags:thumbsup:

Has anyone in here said DeGuz is getting recognized before the match for his record caps yet? Don't know if that's official or official knowledge but I wanted it out there.

Pint
03-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Although I disagree, well said and respect. What is my most important take away is that you believe in the long haul and aren't expecting to see what we want to see happen over night.

Keep on skatin', Ags:thumbsup:

Has anyone in here said DeGuz is getting recognized before the match for his record caps yet? Don't know if that's official or official knowledge but I wanted it out there.

Not sure if anyone in here has but i believe the CSA tweeted that out. Hopefully the march is done and all the V's are in stadium for it.

Red4ever
03-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Theyre leaving at 545. Should be able to make it there in time.

Which in true Vees fashion, someone idiot will leave at 535 and there will be 2 marches.

OgtheDim
03-21-2016, 10:12 AM
If Mexico vs Canada can get 40K for a friendly up here, one would happen every couple of years. It wouldn't though. I suspect that game could fill BMO, Vancouver's soccer setup and Saputo on a rotating basis. But, Mexico makes more money playing the US in Texas in front of 50 000.

If the Caribbean loses it stranglehold on CONCACAF, I suspect we will see more exhibition games played in Canada.

Red4ever
03-21-2016, 11:01 AM
BTW.

I hope to see all of you up at Scallywags this Friday!

Please join and invite friends to the facebook event.

nfitz
03-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Which in true Vees fashion, someone idiot will leave at 535 and there will be 2 marches.If in true Vees fashion, some will take the bar clearing out at 5:45 as a chance to get another beer.

Red4ever
03-21-2016, 11:58 AM
If in true Vees fashion, some will take the bar clearing out at 5:45 as a chance to get another beer.

Yes, that too.

Yohan
03-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Going to be over 54k and sold out at BC Place

Go to a viewing party!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11998954_856739024435217_8901124251542518427_n.jpg ?oh=75833bf30e082cdd0d28359312fe95f0&oe=57940CFB

Pint
03-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Going to be over 54k and sold out at BC Place

Go to a viewing party!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11998954_856739024435217_8901124251542518427_n.jpg ?oh=75833bf30e082cdd0d28359312fe95f0&oe=57940CFB

FYI believe Hamilton will be at BP on main street.

SoccMan2
03-25-2016, 07:32 AM
So Vancouver is going to get a sellout or close to a sellout of 55 000 for the Canada vs. Mexico World Cup qualifier, if Canada makes it to the next and final round does BMO host a game say versus say Mexico or the U.S. and also bring in the temporary seating like it will for the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey to bring the capacity to 40 000 , I mean it would be the final round of qualifying where your one step away from the World Cup. I mean if Vancouver can get 55 000 for this round of qualifying shouldn't Toronto being able to get 40 000 ?

mistercorporate
03-25-2016, 08:31 AM
I wont be home for this game, is there an online stream where i can watch it, preferrably with commentary?

OgtheDim
03-25-2016, 09:00 AM
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/canada-vs-mexico-live-streaming

mistercorporate
03-25-2016, 09:12 AM
You da man!

ag futbol
03-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Guesses on starters for tonights match?

---------------------Larin-----------------
--Hoilett--------Arfield-------Johnson---
---------JDG----------Hutchinson--------
De Jong---Edgar---Henry---Ledgerwood
---------------Borjan----------------------

Alternatively:
--------------------Larin-----------------
--Hoilett--------Arfield-------Akindele---
---------JDG----------Johnson--------
De Jong---Edgar---Henry---Hutchinson
---------------Borjan----------------------

Big questions:
- who partners with Edgar?
- How do we manage the fullback position where do don't have many good options?
- Is Larin healthy? pray that he is.

notthesun
03-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Guesses on starters for tonights match?

I see this:

-------------------Larin------------------
Hoilett----Hutchinson---Johnson----Arfield
-------------------JDG-------------------
De Jong----Edgar-----Jakovic---Ledgerwood
------------------Borjan-------------------

That midfield 3 of Atiba-Johnson-JDG will be sitting very deep for the most part, playing wide to Hoilett and Arfield to burn down the wings and get the ball up to Larin for counter-attacks. Larin should be fine, he had an illness of some sort last week but haven't heard anything since so he should be 100%. Edgar-Henry would be my preferred CB pairing but I have a feeling Floro doesn't trust Henry enough for a match this big.

ag futbol
03-25-2016, 12:24 PM
^ I think you're probably closer than i am. I've seen them use 4-2-3-1 on occasion but you're right they've primarily lined up in a 4-1-4-1.

I wouldn't discount Vitoria either at the CB spot. He might be useful back there.

Fort York Redcoat
03-25-2016, 01:54 PM
So Vancouver is going to get a sellout or close to a sellout of 55 000 for the Canada vs. Mexico World Cup qualifier, if Canada makes it to the next and final round does BMO host a game say versus say Mexico or the U.S. and also bring in the temporary seating like it will for the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey to bring the capacity to 40 000 , I mean it would be the final round of qualifying where your one step away from the World Cup. I mean if Vancouver can get 55 000 for this round of qualifying shouldn't Toronto being able to get 40 000 ?

Ya let's get through game day then decide. g:D

mcolvy
03-25-2016, 01:56 PM
I see this:

-------------------Larin------------------
Hoilett----Hutchinson---Johnson----Arfield
-------------------JDG-------------------
De Jong----Edgar-----Jakovic---Ledgerwood
------------------Borjan-------------------

That midfield 3 of Atiba-Johnson-JDG will be sitting very deep for the most part, playing wide to Hoilett and Arfield to burn down the wings and get the ball up to Larin for counter-attacks. Larin should be fine, he had an illness of some sort last week but haven't heard anything since so he should be 100%. Edgar-Henry would be my preferred CB pairing but I have a feeling Floro doesn't trust Henry enough for a match this big.

Agreed. This is pretty much right there.

Weaknesses on the right side of defense. Canada needs a better option at RB than Ledgerwood

OgtheDim
03-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Agreed. This is pretty much right there.

Weaknesses on the right side of defense. Canada needs a better option at RB than Ledgerwood

Floro exercises his inner Klinssman by playing Henry there.

ag futbol
03-25-2016, 08:18 PM
What is this lineup by Floro? Absolutely bizarre.

reggie
03-25-2016, 08:23 PM
lets go for the nil nil win Floro..what a joke.hope im wrong.

notthesun
03-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Borjan, de Guzman, Jakovic, Johnson, Hoilett, Ricketts, Henry, Hutchinson, Straith, de Jong, Larin

wtf is this? Is Henry playing RB with Straith at CB? Fucking Ricketts instead of Arfield? Jesus christ

edit: https://twitter.com/jasondevos/status/713533449580056577

Why on god's green earth would you play Henry as a RB... and isn't Edgar healthy?

reggie
03-25-2016, 08:35 PM
it really is a joke..how he always plays ricketts and straith ..i expect a 3 nil loss..i will be glad to be wrong..i will take nil nil game,at least Jozy isnt starting for the US.

OgtheDim
03-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Told ya. Floro plays Henry as a RB.

Strong midfield.

reggie
03-25-2016, 09:02 PM
now we know why the game is sold out because half the tickets were sold to mexicans.according to someone on twitter,50-50 split

Alonso
03-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Watching the game with my Mexican mom.... have to cheer for Canada though!

How's that for a 50 50 split g:D

Yohan
03-25-2016, 09:27 PM
It's nice to see a stadium full at kick off :p

oldtraffordPEI
03-25-2016, 09:28 PM
We are looking disorganized

Davenport
03-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Hutchinson is past it. Johnson is terrible when he's put under pressure. That's our midfield !

Davenport
03-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Men against boys. Good night

Oldtimer
03-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Match thread here:http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38790-Match-Thread-Canada-vs-Mexico-March-25-2016