PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 2 - Let Us Root, Root, Root for the Reds - TFC @ NYCFC Sun March 13 5 pm

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Game on ESPN 2 and Sportsnet 1 - Blacked out on MLS Live

Bandbox soccer returns. NYCFC defence suspect but offence is very good. I'm thinking we got a chance here to grab a point.

notthesun
03-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Watching the highlights from NYC - CHI and man, I think 4 goals for really flatters NYC. Chicago looked absolutely pathetic defensively. NYC weren't really anything to write home about in that category either.

This one is winnable for sure. We should be able to pose a more consistent threat offensively.

ManUtd4ever
03-06-2016, 09:07 PM
If we play with the same level of intensity defensively, we should be able to limit their offensive opportunities. We need to step up our possession and sustained offensive pressure to come away with a result again.

Shakes McQueen
03-06-2016, 09:44 PM
NYCFC did not look good today. They only won because it was Chicago, and their GK had an awful game.

Joe Kool
03-06-2016, 11:17 PM
The thing I worry about NYCFC at home is that fact that the teams make 2-3 passes and can quickly go box to box. NYCFC is used to this kind of confined play and I am sure know how to use the lack of space to their advantage. TFC seemed to have trouble with this when they played there last year. Hopefully TFC can get the job done though. Would be a great start to get a good result there and NYCFC are a beatable team for sure.

Blindside16
03-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Watching the highlights from NYC - CHI and man, I think 4 goals for really flatters NYC. Chicago looked absolutely pathetic defensively. NYC weren't really anything to write home about in that category either.

This one is winnable for sure. We should be able to pose a more consistent threat offensively.

NYCFC did not look good today. They only won because it was Chicago, and their GK had an awful game.

The thing I worry about NYCFC at home is that fact that the teams make 2-3 passes and can quickly go box to box. NYCFC is used to this kind of confined play and I am sure know how to use the lack of space to their advantage. TFC seemed to have trouble with this when they played there last year. Hopefully TFC can get the job done though. Would be a great start to get a good result there and NYCFC are a beatable team for sure.

My sons house league team could have scored 4 on Chicago today. You match any other team in the league up against NYCFC yesterday and they struggle for a point. Lampard is out for who knows how long and I think Bradley should be able to mark Pirlo well. Our speed will be our advantage and Yankee stadium this year I think. I'd like to see Mo up front for this game. I think he would be a better threat and drop Oso to where Lovitz was playing. I think we should take 3 next Sunday.

OgtheDim
03-07-2016, 07:08 AM
I'd like to see Mo up front for this game. I think he would be a better threat and drop Oso to where Lovitz was playing. I think we should take 3 next Sunday.

Lovitz was the left forward. Osorio was shuttling.

Assuming Jozy starts and Seba moves to the left, I think we bring in Cheyrou for Osorio.

JuliquE
03-07-2016, 07:15 AM
Yeh, if the game is too open, they have enough creativity/quality to take advantage, as their goals-for show (also a high-scoring affair last we were there), especially on a smaller pitch, making it easier on the legs & lungs of their vets (fully capable of making one or two touches/passes to get up the pitch, and make the ball work for them).

I have every confidence, mind, in our defence, after that last game, and our offence started similarly, with glimpses (not particularly sharp), last year, as well… so, it should only get better. The size of the pitch favours a similar counter-attacking approach, as we took last time out.

Hoping to see more of Delgado and an appearance for Babouli and maybe a late sub for Cheyrou, to take the sting out of the game, as we look to pad our possession stats.

Greatest Ripoff
03-07-2016, 08:00 AM
For those in the UK, this is live on sky sports at 9pm.

GuelphStorm2007
03-07-2016, 12:34 PM
If they can contain NYFC offense I think TFC will try to play on the counter. We should not be underestimating these guys I believe they grabbed about 8 points from 9 form us last year.

Ivy
03-07-2016, 01:02 PM
If they can contain NYFC offense I think TFC will try to play on the counter. We should not be underestimating these guys I believe they grabbed about 8 points from 9 form us last year.
How does that work? Mathematically? :P :):)
I think you mean 7 out of 9.

portu
03-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Imagine that high pressing style on that tiny Yankee Stadium pitch... We're going to destroy them, Pirlo and Villa are going to have play out of their skins to get anything by us

PopePouri
03-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Watched the Chicago condensed. Based on that one game, Viera seems highly idealistic, almost Winter-like and he had the same problems. He tried to play possession and out of the back consistently with CBs that are poor on the ball. We need to press high and stifle Pirlo. If we do that, I think we have a very good chance to get something out of it.

barticusz
03-07-2016, 03:41 PM
A high press against their backline could work out well for us. Same game plan as employed against NYRB.. force them into tough passes through the pressure game and then move forward with a counterattack.

ManUtd4ever
03-07-2016, 03:42 PM
So if Altidore is healthy...

Giovinco-------Altidore----------Endoh

Osorio---------Bradley---------Johnson

Morrow---Moor---Perquis---Beitashour

-----------------Irwin--------------------

That's a strong lineup.

Cas87
03-07-2016, 03:58 PM

That's a strong lineup.

With Delgado, Cheyrou, Babouli and even Lovitz as the FWD/MID options off the bench looks pretty solid. Its when out bench will become our starters for a month (or more) thats when it may get a little worrisome.

OgtheDim
03-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Note game time is 5 pm EDT

Clocks go forward this weekend. :drinking:

Shway
03-07-2016, 05:19 PM

That's a strong lineup.

I prefer to see us in 4-2-3-1, keeping Gio in the middle where he's most dangerous as a free-roamer.

-------------------Altidore---------------

Osorio----------Giovinco----------Endoh

----------Bradley------Johnson----------

Hugh Jazz
03-07-2016, 06:32 PM
If Bradley has another strong (and more importantly smart) game at DM we should be fine. The first 2 goals against Chicago New York was allowed to stroll up to the backline. I imagine Pirlo will be annoyed by WJ after 90 minutes.

ManUtd4ever
03-07-2016, 07:11 PM
I prefer to see us in 4-2-3-1, keeping Gio in the middle where he's most dangerous as a free-roamer.

I like that as well.

Shakes McQueen
03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Pirlo looked slooooowwww against Chicago.

JuliquE
03-08-2016, 10:53 AM

That's a strong lineup.
Agreed, and this looks like our current best eleven. I just wonder if, indeed, we'll see Altidore START against NYC; he'd be a great option off the bench, and would be well fired up to leave his mark, after watching the guys perform well, from the sideline.

Note game time is 5 pm EDT

Clocks go forward this weekend. :drinking:

Lovely; hour earlier for me, here… so, 10p, then.

Thanks for the heads up. ^^

With Delgado, Cheyrou, Babouli and even Lovitz as the FWD/MID options off the bench looks pretty solid. Its when out bench will become our starters for a month (or more) thats when it may get a little worrisome.
Oh, wow—classy avatar, bro! Where does one find such style?! #GreatMinds

I think we're seeing that we've some decent depth; we have done for the last couple years, but it's steadily improved, for me (Cheyrou to come on and take the sting out of games, for example).

You look at us offloading Gomez, Warner and Moore—all decent options, but lacking the hunger our youth brings; there was a certain complacency about them, seemingly content in second-stringer roles. I think, especially with the new adds, the kids are getting exposed to a proper professional environment in which to develop and are witnessing, first hand, the increase in compete levels and quality. This, and their natural hunger should see them do well, the odd slip/mistake notwithstanding.

Must also help knowing they will have their chance, during such difficult stretches in the schedule, and that Vanney has shown he will work them in (with injuries & suspensions to cover for).

This is probably my favourite line-up and formation, currently. Again, just a question whether Altidore will start (can't play this way, otherwise); maybe he just gets 60 minutes or so.

Richard
03-08-2016, 12:03 PM
The defense looked solid, no Earth shattering brain mistakes, just solid. WOW I cant believe I said that about a TFC defense.

I would give Morgan a run in place of Lovitz, he has game experience, can dribble up the pitch fast, and can put in a decent cross.

JuliquE
03-08-2016, 12:09 PM
The defense looked solid, no Earth shattering brain mistakes, just solid. WOW I cant believe I said that about a TFC defense.

I would give Morgan a run in place of Lovitz, he has game experience, can dribble up the pitch fast, and can put in a decent cross.
Agreed; at this point, the two seem to offer more or less the same thing.

GhostKiller
03-08-2016, 12:46 PM
--------Delgado---------Gio--------Endoh-------

------Oso----Bradley-------WJ----------

-Morrow---Moor----Perquis-------Beit-----

Bench: Roberts, Jozy, Lovitz, Williams, Morgan, Babouli

Mateo1985
03-08-2016, 01:05 PM
What's with Cheyrou? Did I miss something?

JuliquE
03-08-2016, 01:12 PM
He's 35.

OgtheDim
03-08-2016, 01:14 PM

He'll play this weekend. Bandbox soccer is a doable for him.

molenshtain
03-08-2016, 01:20 PM
I think it's likely he retires at the end of this season and get's an FO job like Caldwell has. It's a pretty enticing option for older foreign guys like them. Move to a nice new city, play your last couple seasons has a leader on a young team looking for guidance, then retire with a job in the business or coaching side of things lined up for you so you can seamlessly enter the next phase of your life.

molenshtain
03-08-2016, 01:24 PM
He'll play this weekend. Bandbox soccer is a doable for him.

While legs are still fresh, I think it may work best in our favor to play the guys who will run the most in the middle of the field. No point slowing down the game to their tempo when we don't have to.

That said, I could see Cheyrou taking Bradley's spot, Bradley taking Osorio's spot and Osorio taking Lovitz spot. That might make sense given the circumstance.

notthesun
03-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Lots of running as a midfielder in a 4-3-3, it's best he remains a sub. Good option to have if we are searching for a goal, his passing ability can definitely help there (throw him on into Bradley's role where he can pass out of the back, and Bradley moves up the field where he can run around and be more involved in the attack).

My guess is Vanney keeps the same midfield. Only change is Delgado at LW instead of Lovitz (assuming Altidore can't go).

OgtheDim
03-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Watching the Fire NYCFC game - NYCFC got away with two shirt pulls in the box on break aways. Could easily have been 2 DOGSO red cards. They played a high line and if they do that against us, they are going to get thumped.

But, OH MY GAWD, that Fire keeper was the worst I have ever see in MLS. How do you make that many miskicks and get to this level.

greatrootbear
03-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Anyone going to be at Yankee Stadium for the game?

GuelphStorm2007
03-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I think 3 points is doable.

Fort York Redcoat
03-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Watching the Fire NYCFC game - NYCFC got away with two shirt pulls in the box on break aways. Could easily have been 2 DOGSO red cards. They played a high line and if they do that against us, they are going to get thumped.

But, OH MY GAWD, that Fire keeper was the worst I have ever see in MLS. How do you make that many miskicks and get to this level.

Looking forward to seeing us put a better number of shots on target not to mention possession. Sunday Funday.

Red CB Toronto
03-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Looking forward to a great afternoon at Joe's for this game after the great start at RBA this past weekend.

Ruffian
03-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Altidore is still on the injury list. http://www.mlssoccer.com/injuries

I hope he will be ready to go.

notthesun
03-09-2016, 04:40 PM
If he's questionable I'd rather he stay out. We can beat NYC without him but I'm not sure we can beat SKC without him the following week.

OgtheDim
03-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Reports today both Altidore and Lampard will be missing.

plus ça change

RealG-TFC
03-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Makes sense, wasn't the original tweet about Altidore's injury saying it would be up to two weeks? Besides, we know how bad of an idea it is to rush him into action.

Pint
03-10-2016, 12:06 PM
He will be ready just in time for Jurgen to push him for 90 min twice in 5 days and send him and bradley back injured.

Initial B
03-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Considering the opposition, do you think it's possible that Klinsmann might leave Bradley and Altidore at home and try some new player combinations? They might leave them off the roster until the last push before the Hex.

Cashcleaner
03-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Still a few days to go before the match, but right now the forecast in NY is partly cloudy at kick-off with a high expected of 17 Celsius. This week saw the temperatures there hit above 20, and they've been experiencing very fair and dry conditions - great weather for training, really. TFC, on the other hand, will be likely training under the bubble today and our forecast up until the flight to New York is much cooler and overcast. NYCFC could have a bit of an advantage with all that taken into consideration. They are also coming off a 4-3 road win against Chicago on Sunday, but I think it can be argued that TFC beat the better opponent - and were playing on the road as well. McNamara had a pretty good game, but the goal scoring was pretty diverse overall for New York.

Three points is very attainable for TFC, even if Altidore will be MIA. They've got pretty solid offense but so do we, and our defence is much tighter.

2-1 for TFC. :thumbsup:

molenshtain
03-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Considering the opposition, do you think it's possible that Klinsmann might leave Bradley and Altidore at home and try some new player combinations? They might leave them off the roster until the last push before the Hex.

well, seeing as Klinsmann has refused to use any logic whatsoever in his four years at the helm of the USMNT, it's highly unlikely he'll start now.

The sooner they get rid of him the better honestly. He's an actively terrible coach, hated by most of his former players, who runs his teams into the ground by the end of his tnure. The US have lost an entire cycle of introducing players into the NT because he refuses to look at players based on merit. It's ridiculous.

OgtheDim
03-10-2016, 12:36 PM
But..but....2006.

That's the usual answer to questioning Klinsmann.

I just wish we had them in our WC qualifiers right now rather then Mexico - instead of hoping for 1 point out of the matches this month, we'd be looking to get 3 and possibly 4.

I'm pretty darn sure the rest of CONCACAF is happy he's around. My only qualms are he is a bad manager for our guys at TFC and he's not developing talent we could use.

OgtheDim
03-10-2016, 03:34 PM
FWIW

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016---Starting-XI---New-York-City.png

Bobo
03-10-2016, 05:53 PM
I think that lineup is based on the fact that everyone put in a good shift on the weekend. However, I really feel as though Lovitz was only there to help match up with NYRB's mid. Vanney might well stick with what worked but I wouldn't be suprised to see Cheyrou play this weekend.

Ivy
03-10-2016, 06:11 PM
FWIW

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016---Starting-XI---New-York-City.png
good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Blindside16
03-11-2016, 06:10 AM
good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is Mo getting 20 - 30 minutes. Very winnable game, and I think Seba has an encore from what he did in the Bronx last year. 3-1 TFC

Red CB Toronto
03-11-2016, 08:51 AM

I can tell you right now, if both are good to go no way JK leaves Jozy and The General off the roster for matches at the end of March.

OgtheDim
03-11-2016, 09:11 AM
I was less then impressed with NYCFC last week.

BUT, the measure of a manager is being able to manage against opponents. If Viera is any good, this is his test. Can he figure out a way to stop us tearing holes between his lines? And can he figure out a way to get the ball to his forwards when the team doesn't give up the area between the mids and the defenders. NYCFC found it pretty easy to swing the ball around last week - the Fire put next to no pressure on their mids once the ball was cycled back around. Johnson and Osorio and Bradley won't let that happen.

That's why I suspect NYCFC is going to come out with something different then the 4-2-3-1 that acts like a 4-5-1. I think they might go with a 3-5-1-1 and just clog the middle, daring us to cross the ball into Seba if we go wide.

MightyDM
03-11-2016, 09:12 AM
I think that lineup is based on the fact that everyone put in a good shift on the weekend. However, I really feel as though Lovitz was only there to help match up with NYRB's mid. Vanney might well stick with what worked but I wouldn't be suprised to see Cheyrou play this weekend.

I think Cheyrou starts and Oso moves up to left wing. Legs don't matter as much on this tiny pitch and Oso and Gio combine well in tight situations.

elDirty
03-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Anyone going to be at Yankee Stadium for the game?
Yes!

bigredone
03-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Statement game. 4 - 1 TFC.
"You shall not pass", says Irwin to Villa
"Try and stop me", says Giovinco to the entire back line.
Bradley, grins.

jloome
03-11-2016, 11:46 AM
I was less then impressed with NYCFC last week.

BUT, the measure of a manager is being able to manage against opponents. If Viera is any good, this is his test. Can he figure out a way to stop us tearing holes between his lines? And can he figure out a way to get the ball to his forwards when the team doesn't give up the area between the mids and the defenders. NYCFC found it pretty easy to swing the ball around last week - the Fire put next to no pressure on their mids once the ball was cycled back around. Johnson and Osorio and Bradley won't let that happen.

That's why I suspect NYCFC is going to come out with something different then the 4-2-3-1 that acts like a 4-5-1. I think they might go with a 3-5-1-1 and just clog the middle, daring us to cross the ball into Seba if we go wide.

We might be in luck; their new center half Felix Brillant was fined for slapping another player, which I assume comes with a suspension for a game. If not... what the fuck, MLS?

pekduck
03-11-2016, 12:40 PM
We might be in luck; their new center half Felix Brillant was fined for slapping another player, which I assume comes with a suspension for a game. If not... what the fuck, MLS?

only fine, no suspension

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/10/mls-disciplinary-committee-suspends-ronald-zubar-christian-bolanos

They did suspend Zubar for tackling Lovtiz (only yellow during game play)

Kaz
03-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Nope Discipline report is out. Zubar got suspended for his challenge last week but no one from NYCFC is out.

JuliquE
03-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Still a few days to go before the match, but right now the forecast in NY is partly cloudy at kick-off with a high expected of 17 Celsius. This week saw the temperatures there hit above 20, and they've been experiencing very fair and dry conditions - great weather for training, really. TFC, on the other hand, will be likely training under the bubble today and our forecast up until the flight to New York is much cooler and overcast. NYCFC could have a bit of an advantage with all that taken into consideration. They are also coming off a 4-3 road win against Chicago on Sunday, but I think it can be argued that TFC beat the better opponent - and were playing on the road as well. McNamara had a pretty good game, but the goal scoring was pretty diverse overall for New York.

Three points is very attainable for TFC, even if Altidore will be MIA. They've got pretty solid offense but so do we, and our defence is much tighter.

2-1 for TFC. :thumbsup:
NYC won 4–3, but I agree with the three points being on the table for us. Do you one better: I'm feeling a 3–1 scoreline for the good guys, at the whistle.

I can tell you right now, if both are good to go no way JK leaves Jozy and The General off the roster for matches at the end of March.
:lol: This always feels forced, unless in a tribute thread/banner or coming from a colour-commentator.
Still, admire your passion! :scarf:

I think Cheyrou starts and Oso moves up to left wing. Legs don't matter as much on this tiny pitch and Oso and Gio combine well in tight situations.
My thoughts, exactly, with Chapman and Delgado coming on for the two, respectively (unless the latter starts in place of Lovitz).

Nope Discipline report is out. Zubar got suspended for his challenge last week but no one from NYCFC is out.
This is incredible, really. :facepalm:

OgtheDim
03-11-2016, 01:23 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/708352923080589312

Initial B
03-11-2016, 02:04 PM
This Jozy situation might be a way to get around the club-over-country conflict. Klinsmann will be calling players for the WC Qualifiers in a week or two and Jozy injured means he likely won't be called up or can justifiably decline. That means he'll miraculously recover to play while Bradley's away.

jloome
03-11-2016, 02:38 PM
NYC won 4–3, but I agree with the three points being on the table for us. Do you one better: I'm feeling a 3–1 scoreline for the good guys, at the whistle.

:lol: This always feels forced, unless in a tribute thread/banner or coming from a colour-commentator.
Still, admire your passion! :scarf:

My thoughts, exactly, with Chapman and Delgado coming on for the two, respectively (unless the latter starts in place of Lovitz).

This is incredible, really. :facepalm:

TFC should appeal him being able to play. There's video of him slapping another player in the box, and that is enough for a fine, but not a suspension? A fine for a yellow card offence? A yellow card offence in thebox that is missed by three officials?

More MLS/PRO hijinks.

Cashcleaner
03-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Bah! Slip of the typing finger on my part. And you could totally be right about the result. Oso, Bradley, even Endoh could be a threat to NYCFC's back line unless they really recover themselves from last weekend.

Defoe
03-11-2016, 03:32 PM

That's a strong lineup.

1 player really makes a HUGE difference. Can't believe some people are okay with Lovitz starting in Altidore's absence.

molenshtain
03-11-2016, 03:55 PM
1 player really makes a HUGE difference. Can't believe some people are okay with Lovitz starting in Altidore's absence.

well it can't make that big of a difference, seeing as we pulled it off against the reigning shield winners.

notthesun
03-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Well then... Lovitz ruled out after suffering concussion-like symptoms in training: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/11/toronto-fcs-daniel-lovitz-ruled-out-of-nycfc-clash

My guess is Vanney wants to keep the same midfield three, I doubt we see Osorio move up. I would guess it's either Delgado or Babouli that starts at LW now. Delgado probably has the edge but it depends on whether Vanney thinks he can play as well on the left as he can on the right.

Hugh Jazz
03-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Delgado should be fine, inverted wingers should be preferred on a pitch like Yankee Stadium.

noimpactinmtl
03-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Delgado should be fine, inverted wingers should be preferred on a pitch like Yankee Stadium.

Isn't Babouli an inside winger as well? Or is he left footed?

portu
03-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Isn't Babouli an inside winger as well? Or is he left footed?

Babouli is right footed

noimpactinmtl
03-11-2016, 10:47 PM

Babouli is right footed

Gotcha, so the difference between Marky and Babouli comes down to pace then.

notthesun
03-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Delgado is more defensively responsible and effective, and also more experienced at this level. If Vanney wants just as much defensive effort for this game I suspect he starts Delgado (both he and Endoh will put in a real shift defensively). With the smaller pitch and less space, and that Delgado isn't as good on the left, maybe Babouli does get the start though.

portu
03-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Delgado is more defensively responsible and effective, and also more experienced at this level. If Vanney wants just as much defensive effort for this game I suspect he starts Delgado (both he and Endoh will put in a real shift defensively). With the smaller pitch and less space, and that Delgado isn't as good on the left, maybe Babouli does get the start though.
Or maybe the smaller pitch allows him to play Cheyrou in the middle of the park (less running for Benoit) and move Oso to the wing

noimpactinmtl
03-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Babouli could be used as a late game sub if we need pace on the wings. Morgan (who was subbed in at left wing last week) is also an option if you really want to bunker down defensively.

Bobo
03-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Or maybe the smaller pitch allows him to play Cheyrou in the middle of the park (less running for Benoit) and move Oso to the wing

This. You want players with vision and high IQs to make the most of that ugly backyard of a pitch.

So is this the weekend the new kits are introduced? Obviously the red is the better fit against light blue but you know they are just aching to show off the whites.

Defoe
03-12-2016, 01:01 PM
well it can't make that big of a difference, seeing as we pulled it off against the reigning shield winners.

We won't win playing like that 2 weeks in a row. We were terrible... We stole a win. Just like we did against Seattle 2 years ago with Defoe in the opening game.

We should not be content with that game. Possession was 63 - 37 New York. They dominated us all game. Midfield was terrible. Link up play was terrible.

We had one great run and a friendly foul in the box on Endoh. Giovinco converts and we win.

Our second goal was because New York was pressing hard in the last 10 minutes.

Be happy with the result, not the performance.

play Delgado please

bimmer
03-12-2016, 01:06 PM

Less space/ground to cover, sure, but I find that a small pitch almost always results in a fast paced, back and forth game that favours the quicker/high energy players.

Richard
03-12-2016, 01:07 PM
^^^ I agree but for different reasons.

It was a tactical decision to play on the counter but for me if you have the highest payroll in the league you should be imposing your game on others.

I get it was the first game but I want to see us flex our muscle against everyone no matter what.

molenshtain
03-12-2016, 01:08 PM
We won't win playing like that 2 weeks in a row. We were terrible... We stole a win. Just like we did against Seattle 2 years ago with Defoe in the opening game.

We should not be content with that game. Possession was 63 - 37 New York. They dominated us all game. Midfield was terrible. Link up play was terrible.

We had one great run and a friendly foul in the box on Endoh. Giovinco converts and we win.

play Delgado please

We had 5 shots on target, plus we hit the post, compared to their one shot on target. We wore them down and then hit them on the break twice, a standout away performance.

Do you really think possession is an indicator of who played better?

ronzilla
03-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Exactly. We were outplayed for most of the game and lucky to come out with 3 points.

Hope to see better performance vs ny.

play Delgado please

jloome
03-12-2016, 01:38 PM
We had 5 shots on target, plus we hit the post, compared to their one shot on target. We wore them down and then hit them on the break twice, a standout away performance.

This. They did exactly what they tactically set out to do in a road game in MLS, which we already know is a 2/3 losing proposition. They absolutely were not terrible.

portu
03-12-2016, 01:41 PM

play Delgado please

I was very happy with the performance, it's one thing if we were trying to play a possession kind of game but we very clearly weren't, I thought we played a very successful counter attacking, defensive and high pressure game

And btw there is nothing wrong with the way we played at the beginning of 2014, it's a legitimate style

Yohan
03-12-2016, 01:43 PM

It was a tactical decision to play on the counter but for me if you have the highest payroll in the league you should be imposing your game on others.

I get it was the first game but I want to see us flex our muscle against everyone no matter what.
highest payroll suggests TFC has best player in all positions. or something close to it.

reality is TFC has the best player in the league, but the rest of starting 10 is not. MLS parity rules *shrug*

JoesphNdo
03-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Got a quick MLS live question, may not be able to watch this game as it happens, so I'm thinking of signing up for a month of MLS live just to get the on demand of the game. Does anyone know how soon after full time the game goes up, if it's possible to play it without finding spoilers (mlssoccer.com highlights section is very annoying for this) and if it works via chromecast?

OgtheDim
03-12-2016, 03:01 PM
The day we go to the defending supporter's shield home, the team with the most potent offence in the league, who schooled us there last year with a style we could not handle, and expect to impose our will is the day when we don't have to go do things like that again.

i.e. When we are the feared team.

That day has not arrived yet.

We are not feared yet. The lag from our past is still around the league - everybody looks at those last two games against Montreal and thinks we are defensive push overs. For Pete's sake, there are NYCFC people who think they are going to waltz through our defence again, cause that's what TFC is - porous defence. Until we have 8 games of solid away defensive displays, we should be in no position to feel we should impose our will when on the road.

We are in a good position to get points here. BUT, impose our will? In that bandbox? Nope.

pdogg
03-12-2016, 04:59 PM
baffled by a sunday game again... Looks like I'll just have to drink again tomorrow.

Thomas
03-12-2016, 05:19 PM
We were not terrible. Is there room for improvement? Without question.

play Delgado please

noimpactinmtl
03-12-2016, 08:39 PM

Admirable, but rather naive. TFC had a plan to stop the Red Bulls attack, and executed to perfection.

If that means conceding possession and springing a counter when the Red Bulls line press high, so be it. In the end, shots on goal/target is the better indicator of attacking threat.

ag futbol
03-12-2016, 10:12 PM
I would say the plan worked, but hardly perfection. Room for improvement certainly.

Edit: what Thomas said.

Shakes McQueen
03-12-2016, 11:47 PM

All our payroll suggests (especially in a salary capped league with DP exemptions), is that we have a few players making a ton of money.

Shakes McQueen
03-12-2016, 11:52 PM

play Delgado please

We played a classic counter-attacking road game - low possession, turtling defensively to prevent scoring chances, and then catching them on fast breaks. The foul on Endoh was fortunate, but also at least partially forced by us putting the defender on his heels like that. And then we got the second goal when they were forced to press late, instead of our defense buckling for a late goal like every other TFC team in history would have done.

It was by no means an aces performance, but it was also the first game of the season; we limited them to one shot on target, a clean sheet, and stole three points on the road, from the Shield winners. We can get better, but it wasn't even close to a poor performance.

jloome
03-13-2016, 12:45 AM
Looks like Lovitz is out with a concussion. Maybe we'll see Mo upfront.

Stress
03-13-2016, 01:31 AM
Got a quick MLS live question, may not be able to watch this game as it happens, so I'm thinking of signing up for a month of MLS live just to get the on demand of the game. Does anyone know how soon after full time the game goes up, if it's possible to play it without finding spoilers (mlssoccer.com highlights section is very annoying for this) and if it works via chromecast?

The game is likely blacked out so it will be 48 hours before it's available. However, if it's not blacked out (or you have Zen mate or a similar VPN) you should be able to watch it immediately.

The MLS live page hides the scores but you'll have to be careful to avoid the MLS home page.

Captain
03-13-2016, 07:16 AM
What time is the game today? TFC website says 5:00pm but the Rogers TV schedule says 4:00 pm. Just wondering if the clocks changing has one or the other screwed up.

Kayaker
03-13-2016, 07:19 AM
The game is likely blacked out so it will be 48 hours before it's available. However, if it's not blacked out (or you have Zen mate or a similar VPN) you should be able to watch it immediately.

The MLS live page hides the scores but you'll have to be careful to avoid the MLS home page.

The game is on Sportsnet One, which should not be blacked out from MLS live. I've gone onto the site and it says that it is available. The next blacked out game is next week's Vancouver game which is carried on TSN nationally.

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 08:05 AM
GAME DAY :scarf:

For those not enamoured with Jerry Dobson, this is an ESPN game. For those also not enamored with Taylor Twellman, there will likely be a stream for Sky or Eurosport running around somewhere.

12 Degrees in New York today with no rain, mostly sunshine.

MightyDM
03-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Well then... Lovitz ruled out after suffering concussion-like symptoms in training: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/11/toronto-fcs-daniel-lovitz-ruled-out-of-nycfc-clash

My guess is Vanney wants to keep the same midfield three, I doubt we see Osorio move up. I would guess it's either Delgado or Babouli that starts at LW now. Delgado probably has the edge but it depends on whether Vanney thinks he can play as well on the left as he can on the right.

Im betting on Cheyrou with Oso playing up. Really need ball control on this tiny pitch.

MightyDM
03-13-2016, 09:46 AM

This.

Alonso
03-13-2016, 11:18 AM

Like Stress said, install chrome and the free Zenmate VPN extension for Google Chrome.

That way you can watch even if its "blacked out".

Someone already mentioned that this game isn't blacked out on MLS live anyway though, so you can stream the game live on this one without Zenmate VPN.

Discostu81
03-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Like Stress said, install chrome and the free Zenmate VPN extension for Google Chrome.

That way you can watch even if its "blacked out".

Someone already mentioned that this game isn't blacked out on MLS live anyway though, so you can stream the game live on this one without Zenmate VPN.

Never heard of Zenmate, is it better than Hola?

JoesphNdo
03-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the MLS live replies guys, much appreciated

Alonso
03-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Never heard of Zenmate, is it better than Hola?

Haven't tried any other VPN's since this one is working great for me. Last year I turned it off after the game loaded up because it seemed like my download speed would lack at times. Not sure if MLS Live changed anything with regards to their video player this year that would prevent me from doing that. I did notice last game that the Chromecast works waayyyy better than it did last year. I streamed it in HD to my tv with Chromecast.

How is Hola working for you?

JuliquE
03-13-2016, 12:53 PM

This. They did exactly what they tactically set out to do in a road game in MLS, which we already know is a 2/3 losing proposition. They absolutely were not terrible.
NO—makes too much sense.

Mods, do something! :smilewinkgrin:

Red CB Toronto
03-13-2016, 01:04 PM
GAME DAY :scarf:

For those not enamoured with Jerry Dobson, this is an ESPN game. For those also not enamored with Taylor Twellman, there will likely be a stream for Sky or Eurosport running around somewhere.

12 Degrees in New York today with no rain, mostly sunshine.

Nothing wrong TT, says it how he sees it !!

DOMIN8R
03-13-2016, 01:05 PM
To be fair, I had to watch last week's game twice to appreciate how well TFC played. The formation and tactics were right. We played to pressure and bend in our third - not keep possession for long spells. A couple of player errors - par for the course. But we played well.

Discostu81
03-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Haven't tried any other VPN's since this one is working great for me. Last year I turned it off after the game loaded up because it seemed like my download speed would lack at times. Not sure if MLS Live changed anything with regards to their video player this year that would prevent me from doing that. I did notice last game that the Chromecast works waayyyy better than it did last year. I streamed it in HD to my tv with Chromecast.

How is Hola working for you?

I use Blockless and changed the DNS settings on my Xbox One for stuff like Netflix, Hulu , WWE network etc and only really use Hola for a couple of sites (I prefer the British version of the BBC's website for news) It does the job, no complaints :)

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Hmmmm

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/709106858754187264

notthesun
03-13-2016, 03:13 PM
Hmm... I probably would have kept Osorio in the midfield three myself.

portu
03-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Hmmmm

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/709106858754187264

No Benoit, wtf is going on

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Hmm... I probably would have kept Osorio in the midfield three myself.

He still might be. Wouldn't rule out that it's Delgado occupying Lovitz spot.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 03:20 PM
No Benoit, wtf is going on

I think Vanney thinks those three are going to be his definitive midfield three this year. They need to gel together over this 8 game stretch. No reason to switch that up when you don't have to.

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 03:23 PM
And New York busts out the 3-2-2-2-1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CddDRfxWwAA9z5P.jpg

portu
03-13-2016, 03:24 PM
And New York busts out the 3-2-2-2-1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CddDRfxWwAA9z5P.jpg

Looks more like a 3-2-4-1

This is going to be fun

Also poku isn't starting thank god

notthesun
03-13-2016, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/709114136270118913

ronzilla
03-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4F7Il8G_zc&list=PLIiCRlmM-AUaYrwyHIhXXL6RRZaL1IlEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4F7Il8G_zc&list=PLIiCRlmM-AUZpO1m4xCaAp15E_APX7-py

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvaQSTGZHVg

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|389977|392762|389977|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|392603|392762|392603|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|393575|392762|393575|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|390422|392762|390422|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|389908|392762|389908|64|1|en

Detroit_TFC
03-13-2016, 03:40 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw the NYCFC formation graphic was that it was a 5-4-1.

the beat
03-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4F7Il8G_zc&list=PLIiCRlmM-AUaYrwyHIhXXL6RRZaL1IlEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4F7Il8G_zc&list=PLIiCRlmM-AUZpO1m4xCaAp15E_APX7-py

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvaQSTGZHVg

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|389977|392762|389977|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|392603|392762|392603|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|393575|392762|393575|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|390422|392762|390422|64|1|en

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/392762_new_york_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|389908|392762|389908|64|1|en

Legend.

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Viera is either naive or a genius or naively thinks he's a genius.

noimpactinmtl
03-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Must think he's the next coming of Herbert Chapman.

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/chapman-1219792-1224591.png

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Is this a National TV game in the states?

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 03:55 PM
Is this a National TV game in the states?

Yes. ESPN2

SirBobSaget
03-13-2016, 03:56 PM

This is going to be fun

Who will be doing the defending? this looks more like the lineup you put out if you're down 3-0.

portu
03-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Viera is either naive or a genius or naively thinks he's a genius.

This

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Thus sayeth the tactical dude covering LAG - I think he has a point.

https://twitter.com/SeanSteffen/status/709120341000327168

mistercorporate
03-13-2016, 04:02 PM

Going out on a limb here...with that formation, im thinking 3-1 for TFC, NYCFC would be super vulnerable to a counterattack.

Alonso
03-13-2016, 04:04 PM
Here we go here we go, here we go here we go!!!

portu
03-13-2016, 04:05 PM
Going out on a limb here...with that formation, im thinking 3-1 for TFC, NYCFC would be super vulnerable to a counterattack.

Could be a blowout

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 04:08 PM
WARNING

MLS Live is behind reality by about a minute

jloome
03-13-2016, 04:09 PM

This is going to be fun

Surprised. 3-5-2 is very hard to hold together and especially against a 433.

Hamilton_Red
03-13-2016, 04:11 PM
FFS On vacation in the states...get MLS live to watch the game...blocked out.

Alonso
03-13-2016, 04:14 PM

Google Chrome, and free extension for chrome by the name of Zenamate will solve your problems

notthesun
WARNING

MLS Live is behind reality by about a minute

It's always about 1:30 behind live TV.

jloome

If you've got a tv in your room or a bar nearby, it's on ESPN2

molenshtain
very Winter-esque move tactically from Vieira. Not a promising start for him.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 04:16 PM
What's the deal with Lampard? he Injured again?

jloome
03-13-2016, 04:17 PM
What's the deal with Lampard? he Injured again?

Yep.

Red CB Toronto
03-13-2016, 04:23 PM
What a save by Clint !!!

Alonso
03-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Clint with a good save and some luck with the follow up!

Alonso
03-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Unsurprising defensive posture from TFC so far....

Inklink
03-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Gerry Dobson is assault on the ears.

Also, is NYCFC building a stadium? This field really looks bush league.

mistercorporate
03-13-2016, 04:27 PM

Why is Delgado behind Osorio, those two need to switch. Osorio cant score.

Alonso
03-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Gio elbowed off the ball!?!? no foul?

Deltron
03-13-2016, 04:29 PM
The field looks so small. Looks like there is room to move.

jloome
03-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Why are we playing a straight counter against these guys on a small pitch? Their defense is terrible and we should be pressing.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Also, is NYCFC building a stadium? This field really looks bush league.

No. As of now, It's entirely unlikely they find anywhere within the five boroughs, something they promised. They'll be in Yankee stadium for quite a while.

Deltron
03-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Here we go! Good spot for Seba

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Nice. free-kick in Seba territory.

SoccMan2
03-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Someone remind me how much is Bradley making? Someone call the authorities this guy is stealing money.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 04:35 PM
ugh.....

Ajax TFC
Fucking stupid by Delgado

notthesun
That's the third freaking penalty NYC has won against us at home.

molenshtain
Someone remind me how much is Bradley making? Someone call the authorities this guy is stealing money.

He's been great so far.

ronzilla
03-13-2016, 04:36 PM
What a BS call

Kaz
03-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Now to see how they handle it.. do they get deflated or work it more.

And I'm done. They are flustered and are just going to fub this game.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 04:39 PM
jesus christ.

Well, on to the next one.

Yohan
OMG. that was terrible set piece defending

Deltron
Terrible defending ouch

Inklink
03-13-2016, 04:40 PM
That's a hand ball.

Yohan
and handball by Villa before the shot

jloome
Wasn't that a handball?

notthesun
03-13-2016, 04:41 PM
I fucking hate this team and their my-first-soccer-game toy pitch. There's no fucking space to do anything.

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 04:43 PM
I fucking hate this team and their my-first-soccer-game toy pitch. There's no fucking space to do anything.

Yup. Its the sort of pitch you go to and hope to grab a point and move on.

Soccerpro
03-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Perquis completely whiffing on the header clearance led to the 2nd goal. Some things never change.

Deltron
03-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Maybe cause the pitch is so small they just told them to go ahead and use your hands

SoccMan2
03-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Need to get the next goal or this game will be over.

Gringo Starr
03-13-2016, 04:48 PM
If we lose today I'll chalk it up to our keeper dressing like an Impact player

Inklink
03-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Yeah, lets play more balls in the air to the smallest forwards in the league!

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Endoh can't take the lack of space. And when he gets a beautiful ball to him, he flubs it.

bigredone
03-13-2016, 04:50 PM
good lord....based on the posts, I am not rushing home to watch. :(:(:(

Ajax TFC
03-13-2016, 04:52 PM
What is up with Osorio today?

SoccMan2
03-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Vintage TFC defending lol!

the beat
03-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Somebody get Clint Irwin a bigger shirt.

Ajax TFC
03-13-2016, 04:54 PM
It's one of those days when your stud CB completely misses a header to let villa in

notthesun
03-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Should be 2-2 with those last two chances... fuck

portu
Delgado for Hamilton we need a proper striker on the pitch

Deltron
How did Johnson miss? Great build up there at least

jloome
03-13-2016, 04:57 PM
We're still in this.

Auzzy
03-13-2016, 04:58 PM
I think Endoh has been quite good in a difficult role.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Let's go!

portu
03-13-2016, 04:59 PM
Damien from seba

Couchy81
Beauty free kick. Nice goal. We have a chance yet.

Deltron
There we go! Finally a break goes our way

charlieocc
03-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Ayyyyy! There's a chance!

SoccMan2
Ok they needed that now they need to step up defensively keep it close and go for the tie.

MightyDM
Why are we playing a straight counter against these guys on a small pitch? Their defense is terrible and we should be pressing.

A counter actually plays to their strengths, not ours. Agreed. Our best moments last week were when we were pressing.

mistercorporate
03-13-2016, 05:01 PM

Video review for referees cant come soon enough. COYR!

Gringo Starr
Beauty strike by our polish hammer

the beat
We've had the run of the play for the last bit. Could still walk out with 3 pts.

RealG-TFC
Of course my internet acts up when we net one back! Argh!

ronzilla
03-13-2016, 05:02 PM
My feed went dead on final kick who scored? What happened?

jloome
03-13-2016, 05:03 PM
We've had the run of the play for the last bit. Could still walk out with 3 pts.

When we started pressing high, their inexperienced back line was all over the place.

OgtheDim
03-13-2016, 05:04 PM
NYCFC's defensive help from the midfield is going missing. If you can get past their press, they can be had.

molenshtain
My feed went dead on final kick who scored? What happened?

Seba curled in a free kick from the right side, Perquis tapped it in. It's half-time.

notthesun
Much better last 10 minutes there. Had 3 really good chances and managed to put one of them away.

I truly hate watching games here. Each goal today from a set piece... last year there were a bunch of penalties called and I believe another set piece goal as well. It's awful soccer to watch. So many bodies crowded together, no space to really play, launching the ball into the box and hoping for deflections and shenanigans suddenly becomes way more appealing. Every foul is a free kick opportunity because of how narrow the pitch is... Ugh, it's just garbage.

Hugh Jazz
03-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Poor positioning by Brillant on the goal. Kept half our guys on side. If Perquis didn't get to it someone else would have.

Alonso
When we started pressing high, their inexperienced back line was all over the place.

This is the key for the last half.... press them high!

Deltron
if we score a quick goal in the 2nd half then I think we will get all 3 points here.

Hugh Jazz
03-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Thankfully no more league games on this tiny pitch this year.

Alonso
03-13-2016, 05:08 PM
if we score a quick goal in the 2nd half then I think we will get all 3 points here.

I'm with ya, I'm sensing a quick equalizer!

General Woolfe
03-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Thankfully no more league games on this tiny pitch this year.

This pitch is absolutely horrid. Its so tight it turns the game into a crapshoot. It doesnt even appear flat, it seems to slope upwards toward the corner flag. The league should never have given NYCFC a licence unless they had a proper stadium, but money talks I guess

notthesun
03-13-2016, 05:20 PM
MLS refs lmao. Giovinco puts his hands up to show there's no foul, the defender flops and puts his hand on the ball, the ref hesitates then blows the whistle. Giovinco gives a thumbs up because he thinks the ref saw the flop and called the handball, but no, he called a foul on Giovinco. lol

Deltron
03-13-2016, 05:21 PM
MLS refs lmao. Giovinco puts his hands up to show there's no foul, the defender flops and puts his hand on the ball, the ref hesitates then blows the whistle. Giovinco gives a thumbs up because he thinks the ref saw the flop and called the handball, but no, he called a foul on Giovinco. lol

and the guy was pulling Sebas shirt the whole time.

flatpicker
03-13-2016, 05:23 PM
The ref is off his game tonight.

mistercorporate
03-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Clint is the man.

portu
03-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Cheyrou for Endoh I'm baffled as to how Delgado is still on the pitch

vortexdr
03-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Why is the pitch so narrow? This surely would never be a regulation pitch in a European league?

QBall
03-13-2016, 05:33 PM
I feel our offensive plan was just to hoof it up to Seba and he`ll either dance his way in or get fouled. We have no real build up when we bring the ball into NYC`s end.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Why is the pitch so narrow? This surely would never be a regulation pitch in a European league?

Despite how it looks, it would still be regulation. Teams have significant leeway on the dimensions of their pitch.

Alonso
03-13-2016, 05:39 PM
It's all defense for us at the moment

MightyDM
03-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Despite how it looks, it would still be regulation. Teams have significant leeway on the dimensions of their pitch.

According to to the colour commentator, the minimum FIFA width is 70 yards. He paced this off and it's 68. Old Trafford is 76 or 78. Basically ten yards too narrow.

jloome
03-13-2016, 05:41 PM
According to to the colour commentator, the minimum FIFA width is 70 yards. He paced this off and it's 68. Old Trafford is 76 or 78. Basically ten yards too narrow.

Yeah, it's technically too small. They get dispensation from the league because it's their 'temporary home'.

notthesun
03-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Delgado isn't having a great game and he's no offensive threat going down the right. Take him off, put Babouli on the left and Osorio on the right.

Couchy81
03-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Ref must be more hungover today than me

vortexdr
03-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Quality of football on the narrow pitch is terrible though. Way to congested.

Also punting up long balls to a super short forward in Giovinco one hell of an amateur strategy.

smtavare
03-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Bradley playing like garbage, bring on Babouli for Delgado then switch with Osario

flatpicker
03-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Giovinco!

Deltron
SEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!:scarf:

QBall
Damn, I guess the offensive plan works! 2-2

molenshtain
yessssss

Couchy81
Yesss now it's a game.

Inklink
03-13-2016, 05:47 PM
Mvp. Mvp. Mvp.

tfcfans
03-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Wow!!

mistercorporate
03-13-2016, 05:49 PM

Let us poor libations and sacrifice some mammals on the altar of the god of football...Giovincus Maximus :D

MightyDM
03-13-2016, 05:49 PM
NYCFC could use Konopka.....

Deltron
03-13-2016, 05:50 PM
we can get the win here if we go it. don't sit back and play for the tie.

Auzzy
One goal + one assist per game, not a bad pace for Seba to start the season!

vortexdr
Quality of football on the narrow pitch is terrible though. Way to congested.

Also punting up long balls to a super short forward in Giovinco a questionable strategy.

Inklink
03-13-2016, 05:51 PM
Terrific dive.

Ajax TFC
Nice flop

Couchy81
What a fuckin dive

vortexdr
nice dive pirlo

Deltron
brutal dive and brutal call ref!

mistercorporate

Someon should give this ref the golden boot for scoring all their goals...we were the better team.

MightyDM
Dive dive dive

Inklink
03-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Lmfao retire already Gerry.

Red CB Toronto
03-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Seba, simply amazing, what a goal !!

Auzzy
03-13-2016, 05:54 PM
We really need a sub here...

mistercorporate
03-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Keep fighting, we can win this!

Inklink
03-13-2016, 05:56 PM
We really need a sub here...

Don't you get extra points if you don't make all3 subs? #Vanneylogic

vortexdr
03-13-2016, 05:57 PM
lol delgado....that was terrible

MightyDM
Apparently there is no one Vanney trusts to sub for Delgado. Interesting. On a normal pitch Morgan should have been on ten minutes ago, but on a tight pitch it isn't clear there is an appropriate sub.

mistercorporate
Delgado's dangerous on the offense,

Inklink
03-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Wonder if Gerry will call Ashton Morgan Marvell Wynne.

MightyDM
03-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Dobson just said Morgan was the final sub. Cheyrou, Morgan, and ?????

MightyDM
03-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Dobson just said Morgan was the final sub. Cheyrou, Morgan, and ?????

Ah. Dobson was wrong. Shocking.

Inklink
03-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Big comeback!!

flatpicker
03-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Nice comeback.
Not pretty, but that's how you gotta do it sometimes, especially on the road.
The missed opportunities sting a bit though.

Couchy81
Nice comeback point! I'll take it

mistercorporate

Respectable! But we had our win stolen by poor officiating.

mowe
03-13-2016, 06:06 PM
Given how we played in the first half, I'll take a point. We need to get more out of Osorio and Delgado though.

molenshtain
03-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Stream died right after Seba's goal. Anything interesting happen after?

Deltron
03-13-2016, 06:07 PM
yeah good to see we didn't quit after going down two goals early. only 6 more road games till the home opener. Gio had 3 guys on him pretty much the whole time and still almost won it late.