PDA

View Full Version : What did I miss?

MartinUtd
03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I've been away for six weeks and missed all of pre-season.

Can anyone fill me in on what we learned about the new players and how the team is gelling? I noticed the new guy Endoh is projected to start. Does he look that good? Any injuries? Anyone left the team since Luke Moore left?

Cheers

Pint
03-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Warner and Gomez are gone, Jozy is hurt, babouli likely will be signed before the game.

MartinUtd
03-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Whaaaaaat? Gomez too? So it's Giovinco and the kids?

OgtheDim
03-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Whaaaaaat? Gomez too? So it's Giovinco and the kids?

Yup - in a 4-3-3

MartinUtd
03-03-2016, 01:36 PM
So do Endoh and Babouli look comparable to the ones we let go or are we just throwing what we have into the starting XI after making salary cuts?

Sorry for all the questions but I missed all the preseason games. Speaking of which, is there a way to go back and watch them?

ChrisFizik
03-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Welcome back Martin

"Giovinco and the kids" haha

Defo some sparks/potential in Mo and Endoh, but our starting/projected lines are still materializing...

Good question re: preseason rewatches -- Some were streamed via a few youtube channels live, so
MTL v TFC in two parts https://www.youtube.com/user/PhiladelphiaUnion/videos
Philly v TFC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4i7siJVOA

--

MartinUtd
03-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Thanks Chris!!

I'll get on watching those today/tonight. Looking forward to the opener!! Also seems like Bradley will be playing as an advanced AM if we've sold/injured all our other strikers. I guess that's a good thing because he'll be wandering up field anyway lol.

Initial B
03-03-2016, 05:14 PM
I really don't get why a lot of the commentators are saying Bradley is going to be our defensive mid this year, when it's obviously going to be Johnson.

MightyDM
03-03-2016, 06:53 PM
I really don't get why a lot of the commentators are saying Bradley is going to be our defensive mid this year, when it's obviously going to be Johnson.
I think he played there in the second set of exhibition games. Doesn't make sense to me to play him there - repeats our most glaring weakness - but I think that's what the commentators are reacting to. I think we are best in a 4-2-3-1 with MB in the middle of the three. When altidore plays it has to be a 4-1-3-2 b we don't really have the "1"