PDA

View Full Version : A review of the automated relocating process

Platts
02-17-2016, 01:10 PM
I just wanted to let people know about the new automated system for relocating or adding season seats.
I had two tickets in the old North end, so I had to relocate.
I think that gave me first crack at the relocating opportunity, so i would like to let people know how it went.

I was sent an appointment time by email a few days ago. When I logged on to my account inside my "window" the "Upgrade" button was live.
This button only appears on your account page when you are inside your appointment window.
you will see your seat listed, click the check box and hit continue.

I was able to see every available seat in a 3D stadium map.
The process went very smoothly and I was able to select and checkout my new seats in about 7 minutes.
Sure as hell beats lining up on a January-February afternoon to run around picking stickers off seats.

All in all, a job well done for TFC and for us.

hope that enlightens some people as they await their turn.

Wighty
02-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Just did mine.

I agree, very smooth process. Only thing I am concerned about is my account still shows my seats as being in the north end. I suppose it may take some time to update in the account manager.

andyc
02-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Yeah the process worked better thank I expected with decent response times. I even called in to drop one of my seats and they answered pretty quickly.

Fort York Redcoat
02-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Just did mine.

I agree, very smooth process. Only thing I am concerned about is my account still shows my seats as being in the north end. I suppose it may take some time to update in the account manager.

Nope. First game you'll be sitting on a crane still left in the North End.g:D

Wagner
02-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Nope. First game you'll be sitting on a crane still left in the North End.g:D

*MLSE spies that check our forum are climbing over each other to pitch new revenue stream.

Ivy
02-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Did you get any price discounts or perks?
Did you have a lot of options to choose from? I mean were there a lot of seats that they made available to you?

Wighty
02-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Did you get any price discounts or perks?
Did you have a lot of options to choose from? I mean were there a lot of seats that they made available to you?

I was paying just over $700.00 per seat in the North End. I moved to the Light Grey price point at $437.00 per seat.

I didn't check the rest of the stadium as I was targeting a particular section and didn't want someone else to scoop up the seats. IIRC 127 had 7 seats available (two pairs and one with 3 seats together.

Onyx
02-17-2016, 04:54 PM
*MLSE spies that check our forum are climbing over each other to pitch new revenue stream.

don't worry ... standing room on top of the food building coming soon! $299 a season

dmacd
02-17-2016, 05:20 PM
It's worth noting that the team only sold tickets to new season seat holders that were unsold last year. Those of us in the 9:20 window this morning had our pick of anything that shook loose from non-renewing SSHs. I got 3 seats in row 1 of section 220 and was pretty thrilled with that. $323 per seat.

Despite that, I still prefer in-person relocation. I want to be able to see the perspective of the seat I'm buying. I also like the in-person system of having a 10 minute viewing window where no one can claim a seat. It gives you the opportunity to think it through before committing. When you know that 50 other people in your time slot might be looking at the exact pair and can grab them instantly, you might be inclined to move more quickly than you'd otherwise want to.

glaze
02-17-2016, 05:54 PM
I liked the in person relocation process, as an event, however I agree it was an impractical waste of time if nothing was available, or if you simply were unable to attend.

Moving forward I have some concerns about my seats in 111. They already screwed us in light grey with a ridiculous price hike, i'm hoping they don't have visions of taking away the supporters section designation in future years.

flamehawk
02-17-2016, 08:06 PM
For people that renewed recently, any availability in 111? I have a single in 220 and was hoping to get two in 111 instead.

Primavera
02-17-2016, 09:28 PM
I liked the in person relocation process, as an event, however I agree it was an impractical waste of time if nothing was available, or if you simply were unable to attend.

Moving forward I have some concerns about my seats in 111. They already screwed us in light grey with a ridiculous price hike, i'm hoping they don't have visions of taking away the supporters section designation in future years.

I'm also in section 111 and I think we're in for more disproportionate increases in the coming years.

Oldtimer
02-18-2016, 08:32 AM
don't worry ... standing room on top of the food building coming soon! $299 a season

They'll pitch that as the "safe standing area" that supporters have been asking for. g:D

T-boy
02-18-2016, 11:18 AM
My relocation time was 11am. I was aiming to "either" add a second seat to my single in 113 (which I know wasn't going to happen) OR add two new seats in light grey in addition to my 113 single.

My rep called just before 11am and walked me through the available light greys. There were some in 220 and 219, and also in 110. I only wanted south end as its a better atmosphere. The 110 sounded good (row 32, I think) so I took them.

I may only use the new pair when my wife wants to attend (which isn't every game) so I will sell them when I'm not using them and use my 113 single.

I will probably review the pair after this season and if they hike the price in future I'll drop them and just keep my 113 single.

Still Kicking
02-18-2016, 11:25 AM
dmacd - I have been row 3 sec220 for years and years. Welcome - I may have a bias or two, but I think 220 is the best vantage point in the place.

Captain
02-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I was sent an appointment time by email a few days ago. When I logged on to my account inside my "window" the "Upgrade" button was live.
This button only appears on your account page when you are inside your appointment window.
you will see your seat listed, click the check box and hit continue.

Where is this Upgrade button? My upgrade time is 2:40 today but I don't see any upgrade button.

Fort York Redcoat
02-19-2016, 03:17 PM
Where is this Upgrade button? My upgrade time is 2:40 today but I don't see any upgrade button.

Any update? How'd it go?

Captain
02-19-2016, 03:41 PM
Any update? How'd it go?

Finally the button showed up close to 3:00 pm. I ended up keeping my seats in 121. Couldn't find any seats for less money that were not way up in the in the second level.

Can you change your seats more than once? Somehow I remember that it was a one shot deal to switch seats.

Fort York Redcoat
02-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Finally the button showed up close to 3:00 pm. I ended up keeping my seats in 121. Couldn't find any seats for less money that were not way up in the in the second level.

Can you change your seats more than once? Somehow I remember that it was a one shot deal to switch seats.

In a season? I don't think so. You can change your seats every year if you find the spot you want...

Captain
02-19-2016, 03:49 PM
In a season? I don't think so. You can change your seats every year if you find the spot you want...

Sorry, I meant can you change your seats more than once in this re-location event.

Fort York Redcoat
02-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Sorry, I meant can you change your seats more than once in this re-location event.

Feel free to call about it but I'm almost certain No.

nfitz
02-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Sorry, I meant can you change your seats more than once in this re-location event.It should lock you out after you change.

But there are ways. Last year, I changed my single for a pair at the relocation online (though do you have to phone to do that this year - don't see that option). However then I later moved my seats with the south end as part of the supporters relocation.

If you've got a good excuse, they may do it - like an obvious error. Or want to pay for more expensive tickets.