PDA

View Full Version : As a TFC SSH who is buying their tickets to the Copa America?

Red CB Toronto
02-01-2016, 11:26 AM
As a MLS season ticket holder we are being given the privlage to pruchase advance tickets to the Copa America. Who here as a TFC SSH who is buying their tickets? I think it is important to support this great event and show that North America is truely ready for the beautiful game on the big stage.

http://league-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/styles/image_landscape/s3/images/CopaAmerica.jpeg?null&itok=rlLxcHTZ&c=08ce797bb0b111f4ccfb5e64e152df15

Stress
02-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Might have considered it but already heading to France to catch a few Euro 2016 games. Not to mention the $ would have made it a tough choice.

Fort York Redcoat
02-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Is North America Truly ready to be invited to another regions event?

No. I will not be looking at attending or watching this event.

Wait. If you want to link a TFC player scoring a goal, go for it. I may watch that but this tourney has no credibility for me when they invite some nations to play for the hell ($$$) of it.

Pint
02-01-2016, 01:31 PM
$$$ are being spent to go to vancouver for our national teams game in march... and hopefully none will need to be spent to see them in september (other than GO train, ticket and beer)

Red CB Toronto
02-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Truly ready to be invited to another regions event?

No. I will not be looking at attending or watching this event.

Wait. If you want to link a TFC player scoring a goal, go for it. I may watch that but this tourney has no credibility for me when they invite some nations to play for the hell ($$$) of it.

It is not uncommon, Brazil has played in the Gold Cup in the past. Just wanted to point that out.

Fort York Redcoat
02-01-2016, 01:34 PM
It is not uncommon, Brazil has played in the Gold Cup in the past. Just wanted to point that out.

Yep. I didn't support that either. And it was the Brazil U-23.

jloome
02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Yep. I didn't support that either. And it was the Brazil U-23.

The Gold Cup often has S.A. invitees. We played Colombia in the final.

Fort York Redcoat
02-01-2016, 02:19 PM
The Gold Cup often has S.A. invitees. We played Colombia in the final.

Which is ridiculous IMO.

C.Ronaldo
02-01-2016, 02:30 PM
I have no problem with the Americas cup

DinamoTFC
02-01-2016, 02:41 PM

Agreed.

Many times USA Mexico Jamaica etc have played in Copa America.

South America itself has around a dozen countries. Which is 1/5th the size of Europe.
An America's cup is more interesting anyways since it ties in other Latin American countries as well. If anything the gold cup is a weak and less popular tournament.

Fort York Redcoat
02-01-2016, 02:52 PM

Neither do I.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5242e17a6bb3f799436cd2ed/americas-cup-crash.gif

Fort York Redcoat
02-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Agreed.

Many times USA Mexico Jamaica etc have played in Copa America.

South America itself has around a dozen countries. Which is 1/5th the size of Europe.
An America's cup is more interesting anyways since it ties in other Latin American countries as well. If anything the gold cup is a weak and less popular tournament.

Well I find the Euro more interesting so why not play in that?

These tournaments should be about their respective regions. Otherwise just have a full invitational. I mean if we're talking about what's popular vs what's valid.

OgtheDim
02-01-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm more intrigued to see how/if SA teams beat up on CONCACAF teams - Mexico wants a result in this one big time.

Justin10000
02-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Already spending a crapload on an Asia trip, and I want to hit up a few TFC away matches.

greatwhitenorf
02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Neither do I.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5242e17a6bb3f799436cd2ed/americas-cup-crash.gif

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ebea7981315cf67332ed3378cf338f6e/tumblr_n00t5pY26i1rfstf2o1_1280.jpg

jazzy
02-07-2016, 08:50 PM
The cost is ridiculous ..... Philly tickets approx $450 and up over $1700 . Don't even know who plays ? For me it's a money grab . We thought about it until we Added up value / cost . In US $$ ! . Sport in many ways is getting way over-priced . PS (Hats of to Liverpool supporters) On this weeks walk out over price increases .

jvanpeebles
02-07-2016, 09:43 PM
would send a message if the entire end zone was empty during part of a game. Certainly wouldn't look good on tv.

Red CB Toronto
02-07-2016, 10:52 PM
The cost is ridiculous ..... Philly tickets approx $450 and up over $1700 . Don't even know who plays ? For me it's a money grab . We thought about it until we Added up value / cost . In US $$ ! . Sport in many ways is getting way over-priced . PS (Hats of to Liverpool supporters) On this weeks walk out over price increases .

I tickets to the three US games for $270. Looking forward to San Francisco/Santa Clara, Chicago and Philadelphia. Going to be a fun week of footy. I do agree sports ticket pricing has gotten crazy at times but until a major event takes a real hit financially I am affraid the course will continue. In some situations their have been signs of some push back from the ticket buying public but I don't think it has had enough of an effect. In reality it is the corporate dollars that drive sports bottom line for the most part these days and that will continue.

jazzy
02-10-2016, 12:47 AM
I tickets to the three US games for $270. Looking forward to San Francisco/Santa Clara, Chicago and Philadelphia. Going to be a fun week of footy. I do agree sports ticket pricing has gotten crazy at times but until a major event takes a real hit financially I am affraid the course will continue. In some situations their have been signs of some push back from the ticket buying public but I don't think it has had enough of an effect. In reality it is the corporate dollars that drive sports bottom line for the most part these days and that will continue.

true....my prices for philly were astanomical . I certainly can't fly all over the country without a lottery win . Even forgetting the Canadian dollars value . A huge deterrent .

Fort York Redcoat
02-10-2016, 09:01 AM

true....my prices for philly were astanomical . I certainly can't fly all over the country without a lottery win . Even forgetting the Canadian dollars value . A huge deterrent .

Ya all that money travelling one could see Canada play in Vancouver AND Azteca. NO THANKS, COPA

jazzy
02-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Ya all that money travelling one could see Canada play in Vancouver AND Azteca. NO THANKS, COPA

That would be a rare treat....makes a lot of sense...cents:)....esp in Van....when put that way.

Pint
02-10-2016, 09:00 PM
That would be a rare treat....makes a lot of sense...cents:)....esp in Van....when put that way.

Vancouver is likely more expensive than Mexico from toronto. I know when I booked my fight to van I could have gotten to Mexico City for 100+ cheaper but I can't take the time off work.

ryan
02-10-2016, 09:17 PM

Where did you acquire your money tree?

Seriously, you go to fucking everything.

jazzy
02-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Vancouver is likely more expensive than Mexico from toronto. I know when I booked my fight to van I could have gotten to Mexico City for 100+ cheaper but I can't take the time off work.

True enough , but at least I won't have to use US $$$.....yes Canada travel is criminal . And especially with the cheap oil prices . The airlines are gouging in typical Canadian business procedure .

Red CB Toronto
02-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Where did you acquire your money tree?

Seriously, you go to fucking everything.

Its not really about a money tree to be honest, its about keeping things pretty low to the ground outside of when I am on the road. I have been thinking about this Copa trip for a while plus a few TFC ones for a while and just planned for it.

ryan
02-12-2016, 01:24 AM
Its not really about a money tree to be honest, its about keeping things pretty low to the ground outside of when I am on the road. I have been thinking about this Copa trip for a while plus a few TFC ones for a while and just planned for it.

Well done you then.

Red CB Toronto
02-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Well done you then.

Well first off looking forward to the season opener at Red Bull Arena. It can't come soon enough, especially with how cold it is today.

Xcalibur815
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
These guys did everything ass backwards...I'll wait until the draw then buy my tickets