PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You to the Mods

ensco
01-26-2016, 11:25 PM
I have no idea why it occurred to me tonight, as opposed to any other night, but I really like this board, and I think others agree. This board works.

Lots of good information. Disagreements are civil. There is mostly a positive culture of shared interests, and respect ...

It took years to get here, all the mods should take a bow. It is a thankless job. They really have the hang of knowing when to let things run, and when to step in.

Initial B
01-26-2016, 11:58 PM
Seconded! Thanks mods!

molenshtain
01-27-2016, 12:31 AM
^^^

You guys are great. Keep it up.

OgtheDim
01-27-2016, 07:17 AM
Agreed. Been on the internet now for over 30 years, since the days of net.flame and net.soccer. Seen a lot of discussion boards come and go. This is one of the few that works.

Thanks.

Wagner
01-27-2016, 07:54 AM
yes,
our mods are great.

flatpicker
01-27-2016, 08:01 AM
Agreed. Been on the internet now for over 30 years, since the days of net.flame and net.soccer. Seen a lot of discussion boards come and go. This is one of the few that works.

Thanks.

You've been on the internet for more than 30 years?
Do you work for NASA?

ManUtd4ever
01-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Agreed. It's been 8 years and counting for me, and this is still my favorite forum on the internet.

Phil
01-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Its funny, I was thinking about this last week and my prominent thought was no only about the mods, but also about how good all the board users are. It takes two and everyone using the board has really contributed in forming a really great TFC community here. :D

OgtheDim
01-27-2016, 10:34 AM
You've been on the internet for more than 30 years?
Do you work for NASA?

LOL

Back in the 80's if you went to a tech savvy university, you had access to the internet (before the web). Been on discussion boards of one sort or another ever since. Was a different world. Back then, people didn't know how much they knew and when they found somebody to discuss what they knew, it was a novel thing. Amazing what you could discover if you bothered to look and listen and ask. This was before the web and before google. That became a nice skill set to have actually.

Now we all know more volume of stuff, and we know it quicker. We are all journeymen level knowers of a broad range of topics. Expert analysis is sold to us as soundbites. But real expert analysis is usually kept without being shared.

The people on here I respect a lot are the ones with specific knowledge of specific fields that they bring to the discussion. Yes, its only a football team but its amazing the worlds people live in who are on here and how those worlds intersect with following TFC.

:)

mistercorporate
01-27-2016, 10:49 AM
I like the fact everyone is civil with each other but at the same time mods don't censor us when we make fun of other teams like the bloody Argonots hahaha...

JayMolly
01-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Its funny, I was thinking about this last week and my prominent thought was no only about the mods, but also about good all the board users are. It takes two and everyone using the board has really contributed in forming a really great TFC community here. :D

^
We agree Phil.
Thanks one and all.

ChrisFizik
01-27-2016, 11:45 AM
here here.

I like to think the ethos of the group manifests on the board - and it's thanks to contributions and engagement from both sides (mods and 'users') - keep it up all!

eustacchio
01-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Screw those guys, especially Pete.

All joking aside, it's definitely a thankless job ... until now. Thanks.

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Cheers, everyone!:scarf::canada:

lobo
01-27-2016, 03:59 PM
the mods have style.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5zzZiIV0Vdo/UccPMbo8I_I/AAAAAAAAi1Q/lUH6N9OQOlk/s640/576629_10151293180565882_1585802368_n.jpg

Suds
01-27-2016, 08:49 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/28685477.jpg

g:D

TFC1154ever
01-28-2016, 01:20 AM
Good thread. Thanks Mods. Your work doesn't go unnoticed!

Shakes McQueen
01-29-2016, 02:05 AM
I like the fact everyone is civil with each other but at the same time mods don't censor us when we make fun of other teams like the bloody Argonots hahaha...

Contrary to (occasional?) popular belief, the moderators tend to agonize and extensively deliberate on what actions to take in threads - unless the problem is beyond obvious, of course. You should see the length of some of the threads in the private mods forum, discussing how to respond to things, and what actions to take. They are a thoughtful group to "work" with, and try to do the right thing.

Cheers to all of my fellow mods! And cheers to everyone here who makes this a pleasant place to talk, really.

FRANKIE65
01-29-2016, 08:21 AM
I'll throw in a "thanks"....I've been on various forums in the last five years. Not sure if it is the common genuine love for the subject, but, I can honestly state this is hands down the best. Way less BS than any other forum I've been part of. We might not all be "card carrying" RPBs but, other than the odd troll, we keep it civil.

__wowza
01-29-2016, 04:30 PM
it takes two to tango folks.
mods organize, settle disputes, and do quality control.

YOU cultivate the conversation.
YOU carry out civil discussions.
YOU create the content.

i recently became a mod over at r/squaredcircle on reddit (i'm cheating on you), and the one thing it's re-enforced is how much i value coming here. over there, mods can never do anything right. civil discussion is tossed by the wayside for group think, and anyone who disagrees is normally burned at the stake and belittled. the thing i like most about this place is that the majority of us aren't coming here to "win" a conversation. there's less of a division between right and wrong. people are more willing to discuss, and less willing to dictate. i've seen more people here say "back on topic" or "what do you mean?" then i have in 95% of the other forums i've been on and it's damn refreshing. in a perfect world, if we do our jobs right, you'll never even know we were here, and yeah.. that's a pretty thankless job and it's nice that people appreciate that. in the same sense.. YOU are the reason people like coming here.

so hats off to you folks too.

bigredone
01-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Late to the party, but never criticized for it!

Through some pretty low times with our team this board has been the reason I remained interested.

The board is, and always will be, my first and last read of the day.

LOVE!!!!!!

Alonso
03-24-2016, 05:34 PM
Missed this thread the first time around so going to bump it.

I have to say that a few times it got ugly around here, but I'm glad that I stuck it out because the Mods regained control of the forum and made it clear what was acceptable and what is not.

You "mods" have done a great job, especially over the latter part of the "reign of error" when these boards were heated because of the state of the teams management.

There was a lot of discontent, but seems like we've come out the other side of the storm.

Also have to echo Wowza's sentiment that few members (well at least anymore) on here are looking to "win" the debate but instead are here to simply share their opinions and point of views which is nice to see. I'd add that even more surprising, and it brings a tear to my eye every time, is that people on here voluntarily admit when they are wrong and apologize! You never see that any more, especially on the interwebs.

My hats off to the Mods who do a great job, but also to the ladies and gentlemen who populate this forum and who behave as such.

Doucet3
03-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Its funny, I was thinking about this last week and my prominent thought was no only about the mods, but also about how good all the board users are. It takes two and everyone using the board has really contributed in forming a really great TFC community here. :D
This. I do have to admit on top of what Phil's saying even in terms of new users I always see a warm welcome, to some of the newer RPB and to some football fans who don't understand the game all that well I see that instead of ridicule them we all extent the olive branch of knowledge. Pretty great environment to be around.

Goes for 112 as well, I've brought a few new people with me to TFC matches, and they sometimes get anxious saying well I don't know these guys, always tell them, trust me it's like a family there everyone's welcomed there