PDA

View Full Version : Jim Brennan Reddit AMA (Q&A)

bimmer
01-26-2016, 09:08 PM
I made a post about this on the "former players" thread but I figured it was worth posting here as well since it has a few TFC tidbits (may be more to come when he answers more questions later tonight). If this isn't worthy of posting, please feel free to lock!

Going pro from Canada

My biggest struggle when I was younger was that we did not have any pro clubs. I was very fortunate that my parents are European which allowed me to play in England. Today kids do not have to worry about that because they can play in Major League Soccer.
Assistant GM role at TFC

It consisted of working along side the General Manager and trying to build a club with good players and a financially stable budget. You are always watching players and finding ways on how you can improve the roster. It is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes and long hours.
Divide in TFC locker room

There wasn't a divide in the locker room. When the team is not performing fingers tend to get pointed and stories created. I had a good relationship with Mo and all my coaches I played for. As for an intermediary for Mo that is news to me. If I was that close I should of asked him for a longer contract with more money. lol
Best Food

Toronto FC had the best food out of all the clubs

More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/42t33m/i_am_jim_brennan_ama/

bimmer
01-27-2016, 08:07 AM
He answered a few more last night. Really nothing groundbreaking, the most interesting question/answer was probably the "no divide in TFC locker room" thing from yesterday.

On his goal vs. Crew

That's what happens when you close your eyes. lol That was one of my favourite goals.
How far can CMNT go

They have a good team at the moment and if they can go on a good run they have a great chance for this coming World Cup. They are actually a good team to watch at the moment.
Canadian domestic league

I am hearing that it wont be long until Canada has its own pro league. I am not sure if we have the player pool right now to support it. MLS has made a big impact on Canadian soccer and the NASL is playing a role for development in Edmonton as well as Ottawa. I would like to see more Canadian teams join MLS but who knows what the plan is. The other problem is cost of travel because the country is so big.
Best memory at TFC

It would have to be the first goal that Danny Dichio scored and also the victory we had in Montreal to win the Canada Cup
TFC's offseason

I think they have made some very good signings and I have always been a fan of Drew Moor. They have to be contenders this year with the squad that they have.
Osorio and CMNT

I have always been a fan of Osorio's. He is a very talented player with all the tools. I do not know what is going on behind the scenes but I would like to see him involved.
Hottest Canadian prospects

Your buddy answered that one for me. I still like Aparicio and Hamilton.
Changes to MLS

I would not count Canadians in American clubs as foreigners.
Atmosphere in Canada vs. England

It is different in Canada and MLS but Toronto FC fans do a great job of supporting their club and creating a great atmosphere.

Cashcleaner
01-27-2016, 09:23 AM
That's a pretty cool AMA. Thanks for posting it!

C.Ronaldo
01-27-2016, 09:41 AM
theres one supporter for Hamilton

perhaps its a matter of convincing the right people to give him a go

Oldtimer
01-27-2016, 11:06 AM
So he finally answered the chant we had about "how did you get that goal?" :)