PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Away Jersey (no longer speculation thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Ivy
03-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Well it's already on THE GENERAL'S sleeve.
lmao. You're too much.

Ultra & Proud
03-01-2016, 05:43 PM
What was their reaction?
Some liked it, some didn't.

But I never read any message board chatter of conspiracy theories or anything like that.

Our problem is that we're a young team so changes are new and we've been screwed around enough already that most people expect to be fucked over at every turn. However, when you've been around a few decades and seen your share of both good and ugly alternate kits, you judge them on whether you like it and not what a color combination 'could' mean.

Waggy
03-01-2016, 05:58 PM
After all that angst about blue haha.

I actually like the kit. Not a fan of the look with the blue shorts, but if I buy it that certainly won't be an issue. Pretty class. I like how clean/simple it is. And I like that the Adidas kits that they make for MLS look less.... amateur nowadays. The 3 stripes being more subtle is a big plus. Though I wish they'd just go entirely. Ah well, one day. How MLSE managed to keep this under wraps is a mystery to me. A FO that can keep a secret (even if it is just about a jersey) is a great sign for the future

Huyton
03-01-2016, 06:10 PM
I like the new away kit. I don't think I'll buy one unless they're on clearance at the end of the season, though.

I like it because when TFC was wearing Onyx, the other team was in red...also dark. If the TV screen was slightly washed out (think projector at Joe's) I found it tough to follow the game at times because the teams looked so similar. Having a light coloured shirt helps a lot.

Has any team ever worn the digital camo like the Armed Forces wear? Not just the numbers, but the actual shirt?

OgtheDim
03-01-2016, 06:50 PM
...Has any team ever worn the digital camo like the Armed Forces wear? Not just the numbers, but the actual shirt?

Well, Colorado's new keeper wore it once. (http://www.footballkitnews.com/2614/new-everton-home-goalkeeper-kit-11-12-green-camouflage/)

Onyx
03-01-2016, 06:58 PM
i like the seba version

but i think the only reason for the addition of blue shorts is the possibility for kit clashes (RSL, Chicago, Dallas, NYRB)

pekduck
03-01-2016, 06:59 PM
not too bad considering 'Canada's team'

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6214/6244142248_f93b5dd46d.jpg

Ultra & Proud
03-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Has any team ever worn the digital camo like the Armed Forces wear? Not just the numbers, but the actual shirt?
I complain about this on every TFC survey. Other teams do one, we only did the letters. Now that's a kit I would buy.

Onyx
03-01-2016, 07:08 PM
My personal beef is that the coloured block area makes the sponsorship really pop. I've never sat well with jerseys being billboards though I do wear them. Call me untraditional that way.

you would be paying way more for season tix if it wasn't there

Onyx
03-01-2016, 07:08 PM
I like the new away kit. I don't think I'll buy one unless they're on clearance at the end of the season, though.

agree

Eastend
03-01-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm liking it more as the day goes on.....

MightyDM
03-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Well then I don't have much of a point to go on then. Carry on.

(the debate was about Liverpool's away kit and was it ever blue)

Google it and what comes up is "Liverpool fans angered by new blue away kit......"

MightyDM
03-01-2016, 09:42 PM
I complain about this on every TFC survey. Other teams do one, we only did the letters. Now that's a kit I would buy.

Noooooooooooooooooooo.........

MightyDM
03-01-2016, 09:45 PM
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/06/17/1226077/177092-liverpool.jpg

supporters reacted badly. Nice shirt though.

molenshtain
03-01-2016, 10:04 PM
(the debate was about Liverpool's away kit and was it ever blue)

Google it and what comes up is "Liverpool fans angered by new blue away kit......"

You can find a similar article on every one of their away jerseys since the invention of the internet because they're all aesthetically awful. They didn't reject the blue jersey because of some conspiracy about say, I don't know, how blue in their jersey means that the protestants are coming back over the river to reclaim their club or something, which would be equally as baseless and paranoid of a conspiracy as the one being thrown out on this thread.

Joe Kool
03-02-2016, 12:35 AM
I find it interesting that they are not calling it their away kit but instead calling it their secondary jersey. I guess if it their secondary jersey they can wear it for home games? Most likely why it is not called the away jersey. I bet they wear this at our home opener to try to pump up sales on it like they did for the onyx kit. If I recall they wore that at the first home game when that came out.

Ivy
03-02-2016, 12:42 AM
I find it interesting that they are not calling it their away kit but instead calling it their secondary jersey. I guess if it their secondary jersey they can wear it for home games? Most likely why it is not called the away jersey. I bet they wear this at our home opener to try to pump up sales on it like they did for the onyx kit. If I recall they wore that at the first home game when that came out.
They wore it home and away for like the first 10 out of 12 games. It was getting alittle too much.

Onyx
03-02-2016, 01:10 AM
They wore it home and away for like the first 10 out of 12 games. It was getting alittle too much.

i only see a few games where they HAVE to wear it @COL, @CHI. i assume in Chicago we will have to wear the blue shorts. Maybe @ORL as well.

actually what do we wear for the first game if they are wearing white and red? now onyx is gone ... all red with blue shorts?

Blindside16
03-02-2016, 06:52 AM
I don't mind the jersey. It's not great, just ok. I think they missed the mark a bit. Those blue shorts however........ Worst decision possible imho :facepalm:

Parkdale
03-02-2016, 09:05 AM
I dont think we'll ever see them wearing the blue shorts - because BOTH red and white shorts work perfectly with the kit as well.

That's one of the smart things about the jersey - it's not tied to a specific pair of shorts. White or Red would work just as well (better in fact) than blue.

Captain
03-02-2016, 09:06 AM
what do we wear for the first game if they are wearing white and red? now onyx is gone ... all red with blue shorts?

Too funny. Can you imagine us wearing the red shirt with the blue shorts. Oh...horrible.

bimmer
03-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I dont think we'll ever see them wearing the blue shorts - because BOTH red and white shorts work perfectly with the kit as well.

That's one of the smart things about the jersey - it's not tied to a specific pair of shorts. White or Red would work just as well (better in fact) than blue.

Do we even have white shorts? Would be great if we did, but I haven't seen/heard anything about them.

KevinOHH
03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know what dates the team will actually be wearing the Alternate kits yet??

C.Ronaldo
03-02-2016, 10:32 AM

no thanks, let the americans do that.

I support the troops, i go to the legion with my son, visit rememberance day ceremonies every year. But mixing it with sports doesnt sit right with me.

But if they did it it, i wouldnt be opposed, I just wouldnt buy it

Onyx
03-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Do we even have white shorts? Would be great if we did, but I haven't seen/heard anything about them.

i'm pretty sure they are long gone. Thus the need for alternative colour shorts. we will definately wear the blue shorts in Chicago against their kit, against colorado will could where red shorts. will probably will have a few home date to market, er, wear them.

And a possibility this weekend with our primary shirt (i don't think nyrb will want to where blue and yellow for the openner) we will be in blue shorts. we have been forced in the past to wear white shorts or onyx in ny.

bimmer
03-02-2016, 11:44 AM
i'm pretty sure they are long gone. Thus the need for alternative colour shorts. we will definately wear the blue shorts in Chicago against their kit, against colorado will could where red shorts. will probably will have a few home date to market, er, wear them.

And a possibility this weekend with our primary shirt (i don't think nyrb will want to where blue and yellow for the openner) we will be in blue shorts. we have been forced in the past to wear white shorts or onyx in ny.

Yeah we were talking about this in another thread... assuming NYRB is wearing their white/red tops with red shorts, our away shirt is a no-go 100% (because white v white) but I don't think we've ever worn our full reds against their home strip either (though technically it'd be dark vs bright so it could work). NYRB wearing their away strip would be ideal but unless the league mandates this type of stuff I don't think they'll be willing to do that for us. It looks like RSL has worn their home burgundy against NYRB before, it's a different shade of red obviously but if that's acceptable then our red/red might work as well.

http://www.theendline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Morales-free-kick-against-NYRB.jpg

hulkrogan
03-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Can someone fill me in on the differences between the official and replica? Living somewhere it's not likely I get to check these out in person any time soon, I need to make a decision so I can pull the trigger. Any online sources better than others?

Red4ever
03-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Can someone fill me in on the differences between the official and replica? Living somewhere it's not likely I get to check these out in person any time soon, I need to make a decision so I can pull the trigger. Any online sources better than others?

It will usually say but, replicas are a supporter fit while authentic are player fit.

XL fits me perfect in replica. XXL in authentic makes me look like 20 lbs of shit in a 10 lb bag.

SilverSamurai
03-03-2016, 07:02 AM
Not a fan and to me even the Gio pic on the sun seems as if he doesn't like it either.
If it really was a "throw back" why not just do it for like a game or 2 like they did the pink TFC cancer kits back in the day (are those still around out of curiosity?)

But to have it all season long... ugh... cash grab but hey... money makes the world go round for better or for worst.

I'm still cherishing my long sleeved season 2 kit!

Chubbs
03-03-2016, 11:15 AM
When and where is the best place to grab an Onyx kit now that they will likely be put on clearance?

Mateo1985
03-03-2016, 11:20 AM
When and where is the best place to grab an Onyx kit now that they will likely be put on clearance?

Check with SVP sports. They are likely to have it

hulkrogan
03-04-2016, 03:53 PM
I ordered mine, Authentic with Giovinco on the back from Real Sports. I'd be excited if it wasn't showing up in mid April :(

FluSH
03-05-2016, 07:02 PM
I absolutely hate them - remind me of a Chicago Jersey.

Adamo23
03-05-2016, 07:40 PM
They might change both next year... They did that in 2009

Wagner
03-05-2016, 08:03 PM
They might change both next year... They did that in 2009

That was because we hadn't started the cycle of rotation yet.

Narster
03-07-2016, 12:57 AM
They had the new jersey on display at the TFC season oppener event at Atlantis for SSH, it looks even better in person !https://i.imgur.com/1QGHzqu.jpg

flatpicker
03-07-2016, 07:39 AM
^ That really ain't bad.