PDA

View Full Version : TFC visiting Portland Timbers

Ramangill
01-11-2016, 06:26 PM
This is Ray Gill (from Portland, OR...actually moved out here 3 years ago). I have met several of you guys when I travel up to Seattle and Vancouver. If you guys are planning on coming to Portland to catch our Reds play let me know and we can setup a place to meet and have fun. I can recommend great bars/food/hotels as well.

As for a meeting spot before the game, I would recommend either RiverPig Saloon (I know the owner so we can perhaps take over a section there) which is a great soccer bar! or North 45 on NW 21st which is a Timbers Army Bar

Walms
01-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks dude that's an awesome gesture. I know personally attending a Portland game is pretty high on my list so if I ever make it out ill give you a shout

Dunkers
01-11-2016, 06:49 PM
I would like to get down for this game, the Sunday isn't the greatest for a weekend road trip. I would really like to check out a game in Portland, and seeing as this is the only game in Cascadia (voyagers cup notwithstanding), I will do my best to get down for this one.

dow117
01-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Thanks Ramangill, I hope we can get the West support out for this. Sunday PM game is not the best timing but I hope to be there with a few folk. Now looking at hostel accommodation as $1USD is like a gazillion $CDN by May 1. ( Blame Harper!!, I do )
Heard a lot about Portland ; fast fact - it has the most and the most varied street food in North America as well as awesome craft beer types !!

Joe Kool
01-11-2016, 11:06 PM
The low value of the CDN$ alone is stopping me from any possibility of roadtrips this upcoming year....in the US anyway. Too bad. Friend of mine has a son going on a soccer trip to the US soon and exchanged $700 CDN for spending money and whatnot and only got $480 US. No thanks. The cost of things is not that much cheaper in the US to make it worth it at that steep rate (sometimes not at all cheaper in the bigger cities). Nice offer though. Portland has a good rep for that kind of thing. Pretty sure we do too.

Pint
01-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Not sure if we should turn this into an all things west coast road trip or not.

I'm going to be heading to the game in SJ as my brother lives in SF and I was going to visit him this summer anyway. If anyone else is thinking of going let me know, we are debating getting away section seats vs getting premium seats.

JDMD
01-12-2016, 09:49 AM
I am planning on being in Portland for the game and so would definitely be into meeting up with fellow TFCers beforehand!

In terms of tickets, does anyone know if they have an away section? My original plan was to just grab some random tickets off stubhub, but if there will actually be a group of us, it would be cool to all be together.

Hamilton_Red
01-13-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm in definitely..planning to go to Portland. Will ride down on my motorbike along the coast from Port Angeles-Victoria if the weather looks OK. Will drive if not - could carpool.

MartinUtd
01-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Hmmm.... round trip flight to Kelowna for $308 and a week's car rental at $268 puts this into consideration.

Dunkers
01-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Hmmm.... round trip flight to Kelowna for $308 and a week's car rental at $268 puts this into consideration.

Oh snap!!! Do it!

MartinUtd
01-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Oh snap!!! Do it!

I'll have to see how my bank account is doing after I get back from Europe. I get back 8 weeks before that New Leaf flight to Kelowna leaves so hopefully I can swing it.

Ramangill
01-14-2016, 04:13 PM
PDX does have all the food and craft beers!
Yes there is a supporting section. Can't remember the section # but when SJ/SEA/VAN/LA come up, they block off a whole 2 sections.

As the date gets closer let me know who is in. If you guys need recommendations on places to stay let me know and I can help. Just remember the city is small and the stadium is in the city so everything is walkable plus the LRT and Streetcars are really good in the city and get you to all 4 corners. Depending on how many people coming down, I can get a spot for us to meet beforehand and grab some good food and craft beers as I mentioned above.

Timbers Fans are amazing and very friendly as well. They will welcome us with open arms! They will ensure we have a good experience!

KidA
01-14-2016, 05:20 PM
Already planning on heading down from Vancouver for this. Don't care that it's a Sunday. Probably travelling on Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon. Can't wait to see everyone!!! I will contact the Timbers FO once we get closer to the date to arrange something. We can use this thread for all info pertaining to the trip.

BakaGaijin
01-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Portland is the best beer city in the world. It is simply ridiculous the selection of craft beer. Bonkers.

ChrisFizik
01-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Hey Ray! Good to hear from you around these parts man! That was a good time in Seattle.
Hope you and the wife are well.

We'll be in touch closer to the day - My sister actually moved 'back east' very recently, which is a crazy thing on its own, but perhaps she'll be wanting to visit the ol' west coast digs again and join in on the trip too.

Thanks for posting

Doucet3
01-16-2016, 04:02 AM
Not sure if we should turn this into an all things west coast road trip or not.

I'm going to be heading to the game in SJ as my brother lives in SF and I was going to visit him this summer anyway. If anyone else is thinking of going let me know, we are debating getting away section seats vs getting premium seats.

Pint I could defo be interested in something like this, given the money and work sched works in my favour haha

dow117
01-26-2016, 02:38 PM
Looks like 2 of us will be going ... travelling down Sat from Abbotsford, then back Monday. Any info on reasonable accommodation for 2 nights from anyone would be appreciated.

FreekAce
01-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Portland is the best beer city in the world.

except any city in Belgium...

Hamilton_Red
02-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Ray - any suggestions on hotels for the game? Near Providence Park or closer to downtown?

My son might be looking for a ride down from Vancouver (SFU) for the game if anyone has extra space in their car.

Steve

Brooker
02-01-2016, 12:29 AM
Ray - any suggestions on hotels for the game?

I heard theres a sweet ass government wildlife building somewhere in Oregon. You can stay for free apparently.

KidA
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Hotel room booked. Ended up booking through Hotwire and got a room that is a 10 minute walk down the road from the field. Heading down Saturday to enjoy some of that beer everyone is talking about.

Hamilton_Red
02-08-2016, 11:51 PM
Which hotel KidA ?

Ramangill
02-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Sorry for the delay. Have not heard of the wildlife hotel. Can't say much about it. Not hotels around the stadium worth staying. I would say stay in downtown. Its like a 15 min walk or 1 stop ride on the LRT ($2.50 for a one way or $5 for a day pass on all Public transit).
I would pick hotels in downtown and try and stay central around Pioneer Square. Some good hotels are The Benson, either Kimpton Hotel, Either Marriotts, The Sentinel and Hote De Luxe. All are good locations with plenty to do around it.

Who will be contacting Timbers FO? I called and said usually someone from the Supporting team members organizing it so let me know! I can setup the meetup at a bar. I have already contacted 2 places and they are more than happy to accomodate us.

KidA
02-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Staying at the Paramount Hotel. I'll get in contact with Timbers FO to see when tickets will go on sale. At least this should helps us organize a section for anyone travelling down.

Ramangill
02-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Oh nice hotel and excellent location! Super close to the MAX and if the day is nice you can walk to the staudium or even wherever we end up pregame.

Ramangill
02-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Also the The Nines Hotel is nice. Its a boutique hotel but dead central downtown and across from the square (and if your a lady then across all the shopping)

ensco
02-11-2016, 03:36 PM
I am not going but I know Portland a bit.

If you want to save a bit of dough, there is an above average Holiday Inn at the top of NW 23rd St. This is the north end of a cool neighbourhood (known by the street name, NW 23rd), and you can walk to the game right through the heart of the area (it's a 30-40 minute walk) or take a bus (the number 15) almost from the front door right to the Park.

This hotel is probably half the price of the ones around Pioneer Square, and is as good from a "cool pub nearby" POV (there's a McMenamins almost outside the front door)

dow117
02-11-2016, 06:19 PM
I am looking at cheap but decent Hostel (HI) that is only 5 -7 min walk from stadium. Hotel prices + exchange rate is far too much. Did the Hostel thing in Seattle and it was brilliant location next to field and pubs. The Hostels provide double private rooms , usually with breakfast and are basic but clean in a great location. Looking at Sat / Sun stay.

Ramangill
02-12-2016, 10:47 AM
If you want to save a bit of dough, there is an above average Holiday Inn at the top of NW 23rd St. This is the north end of a cool neighbourhood (known by the street name, NW 23rd), and you can walk to the game right through the heart of the area (it's a 30-40 minute walk) or take a bus (the number 15) almost from the front door right to the Park.

This hotel is probably half the price of the ones around Pioneer Square, and is as good from a "cool pub nearby" POV (there's a McMenamins almost outside the front door)

True, but not as nice. Also Not many bars along NW 23rd and McMennamins is not cool though its a bar. I am saying as a person who lives 2 blocks behind it lol. NW 21st has a lot more bars and places to get some good food/drinks. But nonetheless, its still a good location and probably cheap. I just mentioned downtown cause how often do you come to Portland right? Might as well stay somewhere nice and be central. Another option is AirBnB as I looked and many options around and pretty good price as well.

End of the day, up to you guys. I just want to play a good host to everyone! Let me know how I can help!

ensco
02-12-2016, 02:12 PM
True, but not as nice. Also Not many bars along NW 23rd and McMennamins is not cool though its a bar. I am saying as a person who lives 2 blocks behind it lol. NW 21st has a lot more bars and places to get some good food/drinks. But nonetheless, its still a good location and probably cheap. I just mentioned downtown cause how often do you come to Portland right? Might as well stay somewhere nice and be central. Another option is AirBnB as I looked and many options around and pretty good price as well.

End of the day, up to you guys. I just want to play a good host to everyone! Let me know how I can help!

I don't know PDX that well! I defer to Ray.

Onyx
02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Staying at the Paramount Hotel. I'll get in contact with Timbers FO to see when tickets will go on sale. At least this should helps us organize a section for anyone travelling down.

away section at providence park far top corner of 222/223 which are so-so seats (on goalline) ... and really far from timbers army and all the stuff going on. I just went as a joe average fan and sat closer to the insanity.

dow117
02-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Hey, any flags going ?? . I lost my RPB flag ( again ) in Seattle last year . There wont be many of us , so a banner is important in a sea of hostile green !!

JDMD
02-15-2016, 06:42 PM
I am booked at a hotel called The Sentinel (611 SW 10th Ave.). Not really sure what the neighbourhood is like, but it looks to be within a fairly reasonable walking distance to the stadium. Was booked through my work so not sure what the pricing is like, but seems to be a decent enough hotel.

KidA
02-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Hey, any flags going ?? . I lost my RPB flag ( again ) in Seattle last year . There wont be many of us , so a banner is important in a sea of hostile green !!

From what I have heard they're pretty good to anyone who isn't Vancouver or Seattle. I'll be bringing my flag, possibly the small banner I made last year, and quite possibly another one this year. Still thinking of ideas. Very happy to take suggestions as well.

KidA
02-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Just spoke with Timbers FO. We will have the ability to purchase tickets through an online sale for TFC supporters. We will be placed in section 223 and each ticket will be approx. $40 each. Once I get the sale link I will be passing on the details to those asking for it.

ChrisFizik
02-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Hey, any flags going ?? . I lost my RPB flag ( again ) in Seattle last year .

From what I have heard they're pretty good to anyone who isn't Vancouver or Seattle. I'll be bringing my flag, possibly the small banner I made last year, and quite possibly another one this year. Still thinking of ideas. Very happy to take suggestions as well.

Again dow117? I mean, I know it was out in force for a good cause, but geez haha.

And yeah, we've likewise extended less hostile greetings to their supporters just for making the trip to Toronto in previous years.

dow117
02-29-2016, 10:21 PM
oK , all booked up at Hostel International, a few blocks from field... $27 USD per night , means I can stay Sat night and Sunday night after game .. cheap but clean and temporary. That leaves more $$$ for beer !It also has an attached Guesthouse for $79 ... private room for 2 ..
See you on the ice Redmen !

dow117
03-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Ray - any suggestions on hotels for the game? Near Providence Park or closer to downtown?

My son might be looking for a ride down from Vancouver (SFU) for the game if anyone has extra space in their car.

Steve

We are leaving from Abbotsford on Sat morning - real early ; coming back Monday and staying in a hostel near Providence Park - If your son can get to Abby , say Friday night- he can stay here and get a ride next a:m:. Crossing border at Sumas is much easier ,....

KidA
03-03-2016, 05:16 PM
The Portland Timbers are excited to welcome Toronto FC supporters to Providence Park on May 1st. As a supporter of TFC, you can now purchase tickets in the away support section (section 223). Tickets are $40/each and only available to purchase through the link below by entering the promo access code at the top of the screen. This link also waives the usual per ticket online fees ($5 order fee still applies).

Note: When selecting seats, if you are given a message that seats are unavailable please contact me at price@timbers.com as there may still be seats available.

Promo Access Code: REDS
Tickets are limited in nature so act now. If you know of other supporters looking to purchase tickets for this match, please forward this email along.

To those looking for the link please let me know so I may pass it along.

Ramangill
03-04-2016, 04:18 PM
I am booked at a hotel called The Sentinel (611 SW 10th Ave.). Not really sure what the neighbourhood is like, but it looks to be within a fairly reasonable walking distance to the stadium. Was booked through my work so not sure what the pricing is like, but seems to be a decent enough hotel.
Great hotel and excellent location. Yes about a 15 min walk. Your where all the food trucks and shopping are.

Ramangill
03-04-2016, 04:22 PM
So the stadium is pretty small. Yes the seats are up in the top southwest corner. Not ideal, but you sort of face the Timbers Army which is cool cause they usually do some fun stuff to show off.
I just purchased my seats as well just now. FYI, its open seating though the tickets says otherwise.

You guys want to meet up before? Game is 12:30 so brunch/drinks. Some good spots around there as well for that. Let me know and I can organize and help out.

dow117
03-04-2016, 10:01 PM
So the stadium is pretty small. Yes the seats are up in the top southwest corner. Not ideal, but you sort of face the Timbers Army which is cool cause they usually do some fun stuff to show off.
I just purchased my seats as well just now. FYI, its open seating though the tickets says otherwise.

You guys want to meet up before? Game is 12:30 so brunch/drinks. Some good spots around there as well for that. Let me know and I can organize and help out.

Kick off is 12:30 PM : so we need a breakfast pub around 1030 to set the tone ; so if you can recommend a meeting place near the ground , count me in for pre game...

Hamilton_Red
03-05-2016, 01:48 AM
Thanks Dow - will hit you up closer to the date of it works out for him.

OgtheDim
03-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Note to the travelling faithful....just saw this. Bag restrictions. Not sure it will apply to BMO but definately for those going to see the Reds in Portland

https://twitter.com/TimbersFC/status/711315098447519744

KidA
03-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Yeah I saw that the other week. Thanks for posting!

Cas87
03-22-2016, 01:37 PM
^^ I think BMO already has a soft version of the policy in effect.

I usually go with a drawstring bag or a back-pack as I usually do some errands and run around before the games Downtown and they usually ask me to open up the bag so that can take a peak in to make sure I'm not walking in with anything serious (usually its some fresh fruits & veggies and tfc scarves/poncho for when I get to my seat).

No big deal really.

dow117
03-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Tickets bought, accomm booked ... Thanks to KidA for arranging tickets. See you there ....waiting for pre game pub meeting place to be suggested ...see you there

Ivy
03-27-2016, 10:29 PM
So jealous.

Hamilton_Red
04-04-2016, 11:15 PM
My son and I will be driving down from The Island. If anyone wants a ride - let me know.

Steve

dow117
04-05-2016, 09:36 PM

Can we decide on a pre game pub ... looks like only a handful of Reds so we will need an early start to become obnoxious before noon !

MartinUtd
04-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Bump. I'm going to this :D

To those looking for the link please let me know so I may pass it along.

Can I get that link?

dow117
04-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Bump. I'm going to this :D

Can I get that link?

I just sent you the info and link for tickets that KidA sent me.

KidA
04-18-2016, 01:12 PM
I just sent you the info and link for tickets that KidA sent me.

Hope that link worked. If it didn't you may need to contact Pat Rice (price@timbers.com) to see if there are any tickets nearby. Let's see if we can track down a good breakfast pub for the handful of us going down.

Hamilton_Red
04-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Any one planning for a post game session? 1PM Sunday Kick-off...makes it impossible to get the last ferry back to Vancouver Island on Sunday afternoon. Thanks @MLS for the obsession with Sunday games.

dow117
04-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Any one planning for a post game session? 1PM Sunday Kick-off...makes it impossible to get the last ferry back to Vancouver Island on Sunday afternoon. Thanks @MLS for the obsession with Sunday games.

I am up for pre , during and post game sessions !!!. Any news on meeting place pub in the morning game day ??

TorontoGooner
04-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Anyone need tickets for this? I have two in the Timbers Army section as I can't go now. $60 for the pair. PM me

Hamilton_Red
04-24-2016, 11:46 PM
If anyone needs a drive down from Vancouver Island - let me know. Will have space in the car for 2.

KidA
04-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Not sure about a pub beforehand. Anyone have suggestions? There is Kells Brew Pub, Goose Hollow Inn, and Leaky Roof Gastro Pub.

pfeifdog
04-27-2016, 12:38 PM
anyone doing a beer tour/crawl Saturday?

dow117
04-27-2016, 01:36 PM
2 of us are arriving late afternoon Saturday - we would be up for a investigative tour of refreshment locations ( aka pub crawl ). How do we all hook up -

dow117
04-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Not sure about a pub beforehand. Anyone have suggestions? There is Kells Brew Pub, Goose Hollow Inn, and Leaky Roof Gastro Pub.

Lets just pick one closest to field and go for it - which one is within reasonable stroll KidA ?

KidA
04-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Just received an email from Timbers FO

Good Morning!

The Portland Timbers are excited to have you visit the City of Roses and attend the Timbers vs Toronto match this Sunday!

To make your trip more enjoyable, I’d like to give you a heads up on what to expect when you get here.
Your seats are in the upper SW corner of the bowl in a section (Section 223/Rows S & T) that will be shared with Timbers fans sitting below you. There will be about 16 Toronto fans in your area. The rows directly behind you will be covered. There will be a buffer row—Row R—in front of you as a separation between you and the Timbers fans.

Even so, because of the families being in close proximity, in front of you as well as across the aisle, we ask that you please refrain from using profanity during the game.
Also, please be aware that we are a smoke-free facility and that there are no designated smoking areas or reentry into our facility.

If you have any questions or concerns while you are at the game, usher Renzo will be your dedicated guest attendant, and Kaleb, who will be down on the concourse level, along with Supervisor, Cheryl, are ready to help you out with whatever you need.

If you have any immediate questions or concerns just shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
The most commonly asked question is, where is the closest bar? There are many, but a couple of the favorites are the Cheerful Bullpen and the Kingston Bar & Grill. The Civic Taproom and Bottle Shop has opened up on 18thAve around the corner from the stadium. Not only do they have 22 taps, keg wines and offer Game Day deals but the walls are decorated with historical photos of the stadium. All are a half block away. A little further walk will get you to North 45, a soccer-environment bar with fabulous food and drink (517 NW 21st) and Kell’s Irish Establishment (210 NW 21st) which has proven quite popular. Of course, they will all be packed after the game!

I’m attaching a copy of our VSG Policies for more detailed information. Remember to enter through Gate 5, which is on 20th Avenue. You may enter up to 90 minutes before game time. Any flags and banners that you bring in will be checked as you enter Gate 5—please have them enter at the front of the line. Also, please note that all visitors will be “wanded” by security as well as have all bags checked before entering the stadium. As for egress, there may be a 15-minute “hold out” before you are able to exit.

Although we are experiencing a mixed bag of cool weather conditions this week, by Sunday we are expecting the weather to improve to partly sunny, with a high of 78/low of 56 degrees and a 0% chance of rain! If you are here for the weekend, Saturday will be only 65. If you’ve ever been to the Pacific NW before, you’ll know that the weather can change in a moment’s notice—so cross your fingers for nothing but sunshine! Also, please note that the stadium tends to be about 10-degrees cooler than anywhere else in the city.

See you this weekend and safe travels to you!

Cheers,
Andrea

Looks like we have pub options.

sloangraham
04-27-2016, 02:33 PM
If you are getting there early enough before the match, I'd highly recommend Deschutes. Great food, nice space (mostly indoors but some outside tables), and their beer range is very solid. It is popular, though, and does fill up.

Other good drinking spots (though not convenient for pre-match) are Prost and Apex, especially if you get a good day for a patio.

Ray: do you ever wear a TFC cap to matches? I was at the Timbers/Revs match last June and spotted someone inside the Keybank Club in a TFC hat, but failed to introduce myself. Wonder if that was you?

ChrisFizik
04-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Just received an email from Timbers FO

damn that's the nicest email I've seen in awhile haha

Have a good one all! I'm sorry not to make it out but so far/so much going on here right now.
Looking forward to seeing Red on the screen in sea of green and yellow.

Cheers

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Yep and we need a Saturday evening meet up location as well.

Can we decide on a pre game pub ... looks like only a handful of Reds so we will need an early start to become obnoxious before noon !

Ramangill
04-28-2016, 02:55 PM
Sorry guys for the delay/. Not sure why I am not getting alerts to messages being posted here. I will do my best to answer them all.

Ray: do you ever wear a TFC cap to matches? I was at the Timbers/Revs match last June and spotted someone inside the Keybank Club in a TFC hat, but failed to introduce myself. Wonder if that was you?

Yes from time to time I do wear my cap or jersey or scarf, etc, etc. So yeah it could have been. I do run into others as well but usually they are here on some sort of business trip.

Kick off is 12:30 PM : so we need a breakfast pub around 1030 to set the tone ; so if you can recommend a meeting place near the ground , count me in for pre game...

Some good spots around the stadium if that is the area you all thinking of. So I will focus on that area for now. If you guys need others let me know. PDX is all about the brunch so they take their brunch game with pride. Around the stadium I'd recommend are the following:
Around the Stadium:
-The Feisty Lamb
-Leaky Roof Pub
-Muu-Muu's

About a 10min walk (Like Liberty Village to BMO)
-Tasty-n-Alder
-Cherlys on 12th
-Tilt
-Clyde Commons

Note to the travelling faithful....just saw this. Bag restrictions. Not sure it will apply to BMO but definately for those going to see the Reds in Portland

https://twitter.com/TimbersFC/status/711315098447519744

Its just a simple look in a bag for Alcohol or weapons. They rarely do a pat down. its a joke really.

I am up for pre , during and post game sessions !!!. Any news on meeting place pub in the morning game day ??
I may be able to link up Sat night but not 100% just yet. Sunday Brunch and after I am in. My number is 971-276-4541 so text me or call me.

For just drinking before or after the game, I can recommend some spots by the stadium. If you guys are into the NW style beers, The Civic Taproom is across the street so close and its good. Goose Hallow Inn is nice but on Sundays they are normally closed. North 45 is a soccer bar and Timbers Army jump off spot so they are pretty cool spot to check out. Kells is nice before a game as well. After I would say play it by ear. Normally we pub hop along NW 21st or in the NW 13th/14th area of the Pearl District. River Pig Saloon and 10 Barrel are always good spots before and after the game!

So let me know what you guys want to do! I will try and help out as best as I can.

Ramangill
04-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Also want to mention the weather this weekend will be nice especially Sunday!

dow117
04-28-2016, 03:41 PM
How about taking the FO advice , next to Stadium ... Civic Tap Room & Bottle Shop with the following beer selection for pre game cocktails - say 10:30 am ------->

As for Saturday night , give me a txt and we can meet up for a bit of a crawl ....

My cell is 778-385-8873 ( Nick )

Green flash segal ranch IPA | 4.5% | 65 IBU

Commons madrone | 6% | 35 IBU

Ex novo Elliot IPA | 6.6%

Knee deep midnight Hopiness | 9.5% | 100 ibu

Pelican kiwanda cream ale | 5.4% | 25 ibu

knee deep stoutella | 6% |35 ibu

Melvin asterisk | 9.5% | 88 ibu

Melvin killer bees | 5.5% | 15 ibu

Alpine duet IPA | 7% | 45 ibu

Epic tart n tasty sour IPA | 5%

Cascade lakes hopsmack IPA | 6.4%

Pelican tsunami stout | 7% | 45 ibu

KidA
04-28-2016, 03:44 PM
I'll probably start at Leaky Roof Pub for some food then head to Civic Tap Room. Looking forward to this weekend.

dow117
04-28-2016, 03:48 PM
How about taking advice of FO and meet pre game at Civic Taproom & Bottle Shop next to Stadium ... say around 10:30 am Gameday
My cell is 778-385-8873 (NICK)

As for Sat. night, txt me and we can meet for a bit of a crawl ....

These are beers on tap at Civic...

Green flash segal ranch IPA | 4.5% | 65 IBU

Commons madrone | 6% | 35 IBU

Ex novo Elliot IPA | 6.6%

Knee deep midnight Hopiness | 9.5% | 100 ibu

Pelican kiwanda cream ale | 5.4% | 25 ibu

knee deep stoutella | 6% |35 ibu

Melvin asterisk | 9.5% | 88 ibu

Melvin killer bees | 5.5% | 15 ibu

Alpine duet IPA | 7% | 45 ibu

Epic tart n tasty sour IPA | 5%

NITRO:
Cascade lakes hopsmack IPA | 6.4%

Pelican tsunami stout | 7% | 45 ibu

Ramangill
04-28-2016, 03:51 PM
I'll probably start at Leaky Roof Pub for some food then head to Civic Tap Room. Looking forward to this weekend.
I think starting at Leaky Roof is an excellent idea actually and then to Civic Room. Not sure how the lineup will be to get it for food, but worth a shot. Let me call them and see if they can block off a section for Supporting Fans if you guys are cool with that? Say for 10 or 10:30?

Civic Room is good for an after spot before the game. it does get busy in there so it will be standing room most likely but I am sure we will only be there for one or 2 ;)

FYI, the stadium accepts credit cards and debits at all the concession stands including the alcohol. Only ones that don't are the ones that carry it around the stadium or in the stands. This is a nice thing about the stadium. You don't have to have a wad of cash!

dow117
04-28-2016, 04:15 PM
I think starting at Leaky Roof is an excellent idea actually and then to Civic Room. Not sure how the lineup will be to get it for food, but worth a shot. Let me call them and see if they can block off a section for Supporting Fans if you guys are cool with that? Say for 10 or 10:30?

Civic Room is good for an after spot before the game. it does get busy in there so it will be standing room most likely but I am sure we will only be there for one or 2 ;)

FYI, the stadium accepts credit cards and debits at all the concession stands including the alcohol. Only ones that don't are the ones that carry it around the stadium or in the stands. This is a nice thing about the stadium. You don't have to have a wad of cash!

Sounds Great - thanks Ramangill

Ramangill
04-28-2016, 05:36 PM
So Leaky Roof doesn't do reservations on Timbers game day. Not even for visiting fans. Lady was super rude. Let me talk to the manager and also some other spots in the area and see who can accommodate. How many people roughly we think will show up?

KidA
04-28-2016, 06:59 PM
So Leaky Roof doesn't do reservations on Timbers game day. Not even for visiting fans. Lady was super rude. Let me talk to the manager and also some other spots in the area and see who can accommodate. How many people roughly we think will show up?

According to Timbers FO there should be 16 of us at the game. As for pre-game I'm going with at least 10 or so.

Ramangill
04-28-2016, 07:25 PM
Ok guys. So here is the deal. Of the places around the stadium, none of them will take reservations on game day. With that said, all of them said that we are welcome to come around 10AM and just wait for a table. They all said around that time should be easy to get in and accommodate us. So with a group of 10-12(being conservative) , we can do Leaky Roof, Kells Irish Pub or Kingston Bar. Those 3 are all around the stadium. They serve food and drinks. My vote would be for Leaky Roof first and Kells second.

As a secondary option, we can always meetup for brunch and drinks at another spot a little further away and then make our way over? If we just want some light breakfast like breakfast sandwiches then I'd recommend Tilt. They have a bar in there as well. Just down from there is another tavern called Brixx Tavern.

Just putting options out. You guys tell me what you guys like to do.

dow117
04-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Ok guys. So here is the deal. Of the places around the stadium, none of them will take reservations on game day. With that said, all of them said that we are welcome to come around 10AM and just wait for a table. They all said around that time should be easy to get in and accommodate us. So with a group of 10-12(being conservative) , we can do Leaky Roof, Kells Irish Pub or Kingston Bar. Those 3 are all around the stadium. They serve food and drinks. My vote would be for Leaky Roof first and Kells second.

As a secondary option, we can always meetup for brunch and drinks at another spot a little further away and then make our way over? If we just want
some light breakfast like breakfast sandwiches then I'd recommend Tilt. They have a bar in there as well. Just down from there is another tavern called Brixx Tavern.

Just putting options out. You guys tell me what you guys like to do.

My 2 cents, as you suggest , lets get to Leaky Roof by 10 and then to Kells. If we can agree on that , lets do it as time is nigh
I will proceed on that basis ... thx Ramangill , you have worked hard to help with this
Cheers and see you on the ice !!

KidA
04-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Leaky Roof works for me. Make sure you bring sunglasses as it will be a warm one on Sunday.

Hamilton_Red
04-29-2016, 10:53 AM
Leaky roof at 10Am. See you guys there. Leicester winning the premiership at Old Trafford should be over by 8:30.

I'll be up for an Satuday night meet up as well if there are any takers.

dow117
04-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Leaky roof at 10Am. See you guys there. Leicester winning the premiership at Old Trafford should be over by 8:30.

I'll be up for an Satuday night meet up as well if there are any takers.

We are up for Sat night meet - my cell is 778-385-8873: (NICK) Give me a txt . We are staying near the field so close to everything .. Let us know

MartinUtd
04-30-2016, 04:57 PM
I don't know if I'd pay $35 USD to see Bob Saget tonight, but it's tempting

http://pdxpipeline.com/2016/04/25/bob-saget-helium-comedy-club-portland/

Hamilton_Red
04-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Bob Saget - LOL

Happy hour at The Benson Free Oregon wine. 309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205, USA

MartinUtd
04-30-2016, 08:18 PM
I think I'm gonna do this Saget show. Going to aim for the one that starts in an hour. Where's everyone going to be later tonight... like 9-10ish?

KidA
05-01-2016, 01:28 AM
We ended up wandering around Powell's for a while and then ended up at Ground Kontrol Arcade. Now we are ready for 10am brunch

JamboAl
05-01-2016, 06:40 AM
Portland is one of my top 3 favourite cities in the US; great food and drink, slightly eccentric (but very friendly) people, and the scenery along the Columbia River and Mt. Hood is spectacular. And their stadium ain't shabby either...hope everyone out there enjoys themselves today.

Ramangill
05-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Making my way down now guys. Sorry about yesterday. I got in late last night. Spent the day in the Gorge.

KidA
05-01-2016, 01:18 PM
If people are still looking for us we are headed to Civic Tap Room

sloangraham
05-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Pretty good showing given the distance. Enjoy!

http://i67.tinypic.com/15hhafk.jpg

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Pretty good showing given the distance. Enjoy!

http://i67.tinypic.com/15hhafk.jpg

Always love to see the Road Warriors !!

Hamilton_Red
05-01-2016, 11:52 PM
It was a great outing despite the result. We should have scored 4 or 5. Good seeing the west coast road warriors as always!

KidA
05-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out to Portland for this match. It was a blast to meet up once again. Hopefully next time we will get the result we deserve. I'm still surprised that they got away with running that chainsaw behind Irwin during the free kick. Should we look into a travelling trombone player to go behind the away teams gk? They could continuously play the sad trombone sound during every attempt.

Pint
05-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Any of you west coasters thinking of making the trip to SJ in july?

KidA
05-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Didn't consider it before but may consider it depending on the cost of the flight.

Pint
05-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Going to SF to visit my brother and centering it around the game (happens that jays are also in oakland), so trying to figure out if setting up an away section makes sense or just buying tickets.

Ramangill
05-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Any of you west coasters thinking of making the trip to SJ in july?

I may plan on it as well. Have to see as we get closer to the date as I am in Toronto until the 15th. So it will be tight. Hopefully I can.

jabbronies
05-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Off topic, but not really.

I highly recommend going to a Timbers match, and to be more specific, a Timbers/Sounders match.
I went there last year and it was an excellent soccer experience.

I even wore a TFC kit on game day lol
Got nothing but love from both side.

The national anthem will give you the chills!