PDA

View Full Version : TFC to kickoff the season March 6th at the Red Bulls.

Pages : [1] 2

ChrisFizik
12-22-2015, 02:46 PM
The TFC season kickoff is March 6th away at NYRB. The start of a new campaign (and start of a long road stretch) has more than a few of us fired up. Maybe you fancy a bit of travel and a day out in enemy territory? You can join the RPB Road Warriors travelling to Red Bull Arena too. Away supporter ticket arrangements have been made (Visit this ticket link (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/link/promotion/home/026431a0f8d470bffcb64afef6cda764c3da1ed0), use promo code TFC16). To help with the cause, we’ve arranged bus transportation as well. So if you're interested in getting on the bus, and we have the numbers, we'll be on the road representing for the Reds (Reserve your seat here (http://rallybus.net/red-bulls-tfc)) Stand with your fellow supporters & celebrate the new season! (Of course we'll be getting together at home as well too!)

Browse/ask questions/participate in discussions ongoing below!

Red CB Toronto
12-22-2015, 02:46 PM
The Reds will be kicking off their 2016 season on Sunday January, 6th in Harrison, New Jersey vs. the Red Bulls. Will be great to get a good contingent of us out for it to support the Reds. The game is the first of six on the schedule for the league on their opening day. TFC will also be in New York City the next Sunday, March 13 to the face NYCFC up in the Bronx.

After several weeks on the road to started the season due to BMO Field renovations the home opener for the Reds is May 7 vs. Dallas.

Use the link and password below for Tickets:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyr...cda764c3da1ed0 (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/link/promotion/home/026431a0f8d470bffcb64afef6cda764c3da1ed0)

Ticket code: TFC16

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW2mhNHWoAEEBKu.png

Ivy
12-22-2015, 02:53 PM
I'll pitch for gas to whoever drives.

Red CB Toronto
12-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Also at NYCFC on March 13th, a Saturday if that works better for some.

jabbronies
12-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Then NYFC a few days later:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2015/12/22/d-c-united-will-open-mls-season-at-los-angeles/?postshare=9321450813608912&tid=ss_tw

Yohan
12-22-2015, 02:56 PM
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/attachments/screen-shot-2015-12-22-at-2-34-22-pm-png.62543/

notthesun
12-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Easy travel to start the year is pretty nice. These should be some good games.

Fort York Redcoat
12-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Yeah I plan to get to the season opener.

OgtheDim
12-22-2015, 03:20 PM
That is going to be a looooong day of watching MLS.

We are the kickoff game. :scarf:

Defoe
12-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know when TIX will go on sale? Would love to purchase some for Xmas gifts.

Red CB Toronto
12-22-2015, 03:23 PM
$15 Mega Bus available if anyone is interested in some cheap travel.

Ivy
12-22-2015, 04:01 PM
$15 Mega Bus available if anyone is interested in some cheap travel.
Say worddddddd.
How long is the bus ride?

edit: just looked it up. 12 hours.
38$ total... Sounds like planning may occur in the coming days.

gmacpheetfc
12-22-2015, 04:14 PM
12 hours...

Detroit_TFC
12-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Leaning towards 3/6, will go to one or the other. Airfares look ok.

Ivy
12-22-2015, 04:29 PM
12 hours...
Megabus is good in the sense that there's tables, wifi, and plugs for chargers.

DinamoTFC
12-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Hmm tough decision btwn attending NYRB vs NYCFC. I'm kinda leaning to NYCFC (lies on march break) but I'll make a decision when the full schedule comes out to see if we have an extra game at either venue.

portu
12-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Hmm tough decision btwn attending NYRB vs NYCFC. I'm kinda leading to NYCFC (lies on march break) but I'll make a decision when the full schedule comes out to see if we have an extra game at either venue.
Same here

james
12-22-2015, 11:09 PM
For anyone who does not know New York / New jersey at all, I flew from Toronto Island (Porter) to Newark International Airport in August (Prime tourist season) for $240 round trip. I Got a train from Newark International Airport for $7.50 to Penn Station (in the heart of Manhatten), took all of about 20-25 mins on the train. But we passed New York Red Bull Arena on the way, it was what must of been only about 10 minutes from Newark Airport, had we got a different train ( they have many different extensive trains from Newark Airport into Newark, Manhatten, Philadelphia and else where) we could of got a train straight to the stadium. Its a quick journey if you flying. You might even get a cheaper flight in March!

james
12-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Id say NYCFC would be a great road trip as well into The Bronx, on a great Subway Line, except the Yankee stadium looks awful for Soccer. Id rather visit the beautiful Red Bull Arena...even if it is in ugly Harrison (a lot of industrial neighbourhood in Harrison and around Newark) but still. And its actually a quick train from Red Bull Arena to Mid Town Manhattan where everything is. You can easily get a hotel in Manhattan Midtown (tho Manhattan is expensive) and be at the stadium in no time...or for a low price you can even get a cheap hotel in Newark and the surrounding area. Tho Id recommend to still stay in Manhattan if anything.

Red CB Toronto
12-22-2015, 11:45 PM
Booked my bus ride down Friday night and a Porter Flight back home Sunday evening 7:25 PM. Got a flight on the 6th after the game for Porter home for $112 one way from Newark within 20 min of the stadium, so a good 2 hours at the pub near the stadium, pretty good deal. Porter sales are on a lot so keep your eye out.

djcuse
12-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Booked my bus ride down Friday night and a Porter Flight back home Sunday evening 7:25 PM. Got a flight on the 6th after the game for Porter home for $112 one way from Newark within 20 min of the stadium, so a good 2 hours at the pub near the stadium, pretty good deal. Porter sales are on a lot so keep your eye out.

Great deal! Was thinking about doing the exact same thing. The $15 9am Friday bus is such a steal. and that's a great price for flight after the game. Where do u plan on leaving your personal items during the game? Assume your staying in a hotel?

Red CB Toronto
12-22-2015, 11:57 PM
Leaning towards 3/6, will go to one or the other. Airfares look ok.

Will be in NYC/NJ for the game on the 6th, come for that one, much better place to watch a game than Yankee Stadium. Getting into town the Saturday morning and heading out at 7:25 pm Sunday night after the game. Come for that game. Will also also be in CBus for the US WCQ.

Red CB Toronto
12-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Great deal! Was thinking about doing the exact same thing. The $15 9am Friday bus is such a steal. and that's a great price for flight after the game. Where do u plan on leaving your personal items during the game? Assume your staying in a hotel?

I have walked into RBA with full suite cases with no issue with a very chill look into the bag, one of the easiest places to take a bag into. None of those NFL rules. One time came straight from the airport, so all is good.

djcuse
12-23-2015, 12:04 AM
I have walked into RBA with full suite cases with no issue with a very chill look into the bag, one of the easiest places to take a bag into. None of those NFL rules. One time came straight from the airport, so all is good.

Cool i'll be packing light anyways since it would only be for 2 days.. A gym bag and good to go.

Red CB Toronto
12-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Cool i'll be packing light anyways since it would only be for 2 days.. A gym bag and good to go.

That will be totally good with those RBA security type. Also just booked my Porter flight home after the game for $112 all in at 7:25 pm the evening of the game.

Joe Kool
12-23-2015, 12:29 AM
I would consider this if the CDN dollar wasn't so shit. I don't feeling like losing so much cash on the exchange rate. Bus deal sounds great.

Red CB Toronto
12-23-2015, 12:38 AM
I would consider this if the CDN dollar wasn't so shit. I don't feeling like losing so much cash on the exchange rate. Bus deal sounds great.

Bus deal is so cheap and the Porter flight at $112 is in Canadian dollars, so that helps a lot. No brainer for me, especially considering that the home opener is two months into the season.

Hamilton_Red
12-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Boo MLS.... it's an established tradition that TFC start the season on the West coast... this year's script was that it would be against Portland Timbers. The script writers should be fired.

molenshtain
12-23-2015, 12:57 AM
definitly going to jersey, no way i'm going to yankee stadium. The less money in the hands of slave owners the better.

Ivy
12-23-2015, 02:40 AM
Boo MLS.... it's an established tradition that TFC start the season on the West coast... this year's script was that it would be against Portland Timbers. The script writers should be fired.

Maybe that's a good thing.
No BMO + east coast start = title contenders.

james
12-23-2015, 02:46 AM
definitly going to jersey, no way i'm going to yankee stadium. The less money in the hands of slave owners the better.

Yankee Stadium is great location in the actual city of NYC, its just an awful stadium for Soccer, they should of never got into the MLS league without an official new stadium under construction, I don't think they have any land purchased, from what I gathered they are still struggling to find any land in NYC to build on, mostly looking hard at a West Side location at the very tip of Manhattan, just across the river from The Bronx and just facing New Jersey. It would be great if they get that built, but they were looking at that location I believe even back in 2011, and nothing yet has been done. I think there is difficulties building it, but they probably have no where else to build in NYC, they could end up building a stadium outside of NYC in the end, could end up further from the heart of NYC then Red Bulls are.

molenshtain
12-23-2015, 04:27 AM
Yankee Stadium is great location in the actual city of NYC, its just an awful stadium for Soccer, they should of never got into the MLS league without an official new stadium under construction, I don't think they have any land purchased, from what I gathered they are still struggling to find any land in NYC to build on, mostly looking hard at a West Side location at the very tip of Manhattan, just across the river from The Bronx and just facing New Jersey. It would be great if they get that built, but they were looking at that location I believe even back in 2011, and nothing yet has been done. I think there is difficulties building it, but they probably have no where else to build in NYC, they could end up building a stadium outside of NYC in the end, could end up further from the heart of NYC then Red Bulls are.

there's essentially a zero percent chance they get a stadium in manhattan. Garber knew that. He sold his soul to serial human rights abusers for a little more exposure league wide as a brand. It was never going to work. the team that plays at yankee stadium will be the last team to fold in MLS.

OgtheDim
12-23-2015, 07:19 AM
I would suggest people going down verify security rules before they go.

The NYRB vs CBus game in the conference finals had long lines because of rules put in place after the Paris attacks. Not sure if they will be continued but worth looking into in February.

OgtheDim
12-23-2015, 07:21 AM
there's essentially a zero percent chance they get a stadium in manhattan. Garber knew that. He sold his soul to serial human rights abusers for a little more exposure league wide as a brand. It was never going to work. the team that plays at yankee stadium will be the last team to fold in MLS.

Uh, no.

They had a plan for Queens, and they now have a plan being worked on for a ground share with Colombia near the top of the Island.

And this team won't fold. Have you seen the attendance figures?

I know you don't like the owners but don't create fantasy stuff.

gmacpheetfc
12-23-2015, 08:16 AM
Porter has flights for $270 return taxes in.

molenshtain
12-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Uh, no.

They had a plan for Queens, and they now have a plan being worked on for a ground share with Colombia near the top of the Island.

There has been plans in 3 boroughs, all of which have been quickly shot down for various reasons. I've heard and read that there is very little progress on the columbia front from people in new york. Maybe that will change but the over-riding theme of their search for a stadium is that they don't seem to understand the gravity of what they want to do - build a soccer specific stadium in a city deeply deprived of space - being that they are asking for so much and looking to put so little into the project. One of the writers who covers that "team" wrote this: http://fusion.net/story/217487/mls-nycfc-soccer-specific-stadium-new-york-city/
It pretty much sums it all up. It's like they want to be treated like royalty or something.

And yes i've seen the attendance figures. They were massively inflated for a large portion of the season and then were bumped a bit when lampard and pirlo came. Their owners have shown a complete disregard for how things work in this league, and that will lead to their eventual demise.

Red CB Toronto
12-23-2015, 09:12 AM
I would suggest people going down verify security rules before they go.

The NYRB vs CBus game in the conference finals had long lines because of rules put in place after the Paris attacks. Not sure if they will be continued but worth looking into in February.

I always get their early after pre-game beers at Catas, which is about a 10 min walk to the stadium.

Joe Kool
12-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Bus deal is so cheap and the Porter flight at $112 is in Canadian dollars, so that helps a lot. No brainer for me, especially considering that the home opener is two months into the season.

Yeah the travel deal is great no argument there. It is just the other part in US $ that would kill my budget, hotels, food, spending money. Every away trip I have been to I usually take my family too so multiply most of those things by 4 people and that about does it for me and my budget :) I will be with everyone in spirit. Who knows I may win a lottery...

OgtheDim
12-23-2015, 10:53 AM
...And yes i've seen the attendance figures. They were massively inflated for a large portion of the season and then were bumped a bit when lampard and pirlo came. Their owners have shown a complete disregard for how things work in this league, and that will lead to their eventual demise.

Saw the games. Some papering but not much going on.

Wagner
12-23-2015, 12:44 PM
I love seeing this excitement for the team this time of year.

SoccMan2
12-23-2015, 01:18 PM
NYFC is not going anywhere, they did better than expected attendance wise, I went to a game there and the stands we pretty full, even games I watched on TV the crowds were always good. MLS needs a team right in the NYC so if they ever build a stadium it will be inside the city. Yankee stadium is not ideal but you can't beat that location.

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Megabus is good in the sense that there's tables, wifi, and plugs for chargers.

Make sure you reserve the comfy seats though. Some of the seats you can get there have no leg room.

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 01:19 PM
By the way. Any chance of the official bus or something?

Blizzard
12-23-2015, 01:33 PM
By the way. Any chance of the official bus or something?

The Supporter's Section is looking into it. It would be an either/or scenario .... either the 6th or the 13th. Estimated/ballpark price is $235.

The key is commitment. As you'll remember, they offered up a bus to Montreal for the final regular season game but it was cancelled due to lack of uptake.

See the link below.

http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?/forums/topic/18986-toronto-fc-at-new-york-red-bulls-march-6-2016/&do=findComment&comment=22103337

djcuse
12-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Booked a flight home after the game on Porter (7:25pm) with other RPB member: TFC/Everton

See you all in NY!!

TFC/Everton
12-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Booked a flight home after the game on Porter (7:25pm) with other RPB member: TFC/Everton

See you all in NY!!

Can't wait!!!

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 01:58 PM
I would definitely be interested in going with the official bus. I will buy the mega bus now and then cancel it if the official bus turns up to be a possibility.

Red CB Toronto
12-23-2015, 02:51 PM

See you all in NY!!

Booked the same flight , looking forward to it big time.

JayMolly
12-23-2015, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1776151]I would suggest people going down verify security rules before they go.

We agree. We went to Detroit for the home opener with the Maple Leafs.
The Joe has a clear bag policy. They wouldn't even allow women to bring in a purse larger than 9" x 6".

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 04:31 PM
How long will that porter 112$ deal last? I will book it when I get home tonight

djcuse
12-23-2015, 04:42 PM
How long will that porter 112$ deal last? I will book it when I get home tonight

Return flight from Newark on the 6th is now $128

eustacchio
12-23-2015, 04:43 PM
^ The more everybody checks it, the higher it's going to get.

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 05:09 PM
yeah the price now is 149 taxes in

eustacchio
12-23-2015, 05:13 PM
What did I just say? :smile5:

Try clearing your cache/going incognito.

Red CB Toronto
12-23-2015, 05:42 PM

I just checked www.flyporter.com and it was $128. Porter tends to have advertised seat sales more often than not so would not be surprised if something pops up soon. Airline ticket prices tend to jump around too based on the day of the week especially on sites like Expedia, which as mentioned above track your visits and know what you have been looking at.

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 05:46 PM
It was 148 because it asked me to pick my seat for 20$. I will check again to see if I can avoid that

Mateo1985
12-23-2015, 05:47 PM
What did I just say? :smile5:

Try clearing your cache/going incognito.
you were spot on bro

Redcoe15
12-23-2015, 06:46 PM
I want to go to New York in March to watch TFC play. If the dollar didn't tank so badly this past year, I would definitely consider. And with two different back to back games being played, I don't know which is the best one for us as a group of supporters to go to. GAAAAA, but my head hurts. And it's not from the end of the work year booze that's doing it! :drunk:

If anyone is planning on taking a flight to Newark using Porter, wait until Boxing Day as they have awesome deals available on all flights. That's how I booked my trips to Montreal for the matches against the Limpact in 2012 and 2013.

Hot pastrami on rye at Katz's. Coal oven pizzas at Lombardi's. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Getting totally lost in Central Park. Those are the things to look forward to in New York if you're going.

__wowza
12-23-2015, 07:26 PM

remember when garber wouldn't allow a team without a a permanent SSS being constructed for them within 3 years of their first season?
yeah.. that was fun.

james
12-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Uh, no.

It seems a bit more complicated then that. They have looked at many locations, the 3 most likely I believe first 1 being in Queens (next to NY Mets stadium) another was in The Bronx right next to Yankee Stadium and 3rd was sharing a ground at Colombia University at the very tip of Manhattan in I think would be Hudson Heights? The best would be next to Yankee Stadium. However they have yet to come up with any deals finalized. I am not sure the details but it seems they are still rather far from getting land purchased and a stadium under construction. I believe there is many hurtles and hoops to still jump through to get any of these deals done. And might not get any. Tho I hope they do, its good for MLS if this team can get a stadium in NYC and in a Soccer stadium, awful looking at them play at Yankee stadium, which back to my original opinion, they should of never got into the league without a stadium ready to be built and finalized.

james
12-23-2015, 07:44 PM

in August with taxes all in I paid $240. And that high tourist season. I would think it might be able to find even cheaper for early March flights...id keep searching.

OgtheDim
12-23-2015, 07:59 PM
One reason I'd like to see us put a big score on NYC is the tosser President (or whatever they call him) who got rid of Kreis who came over from Citeh and knows nothing about MLS now is being seen as an up and coming voice in the league - talks a good game but has no clue about how to build a team in this league.

4-1 would be good.

Blizzard
12-24-2015, 02:23 AM
I always get their early after pre-game beers at Catas, which is about a 10 min walk to the stadium.

Nice place. We were there before the TFC v RBNY match and Canada v Colombia matches in the fall of 2014. Good food. Good environment. The home fans didn't have a problem with us being there before or after the match so it should be ok.

Mateo1985
12-25-2015, 02:42 PM

See you all in NY!!

Seems like that flight is now sold out. some other ones around the same time are still available though so it's good for whoever wants to take advantage of the flights. Tomorrow they should hopefully have the best prices.

djcuse
12-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Seems like that flight is now sold out. some other ones around the same time are still available though so it's good for whoever wants to take advantage of the flights. Tomorrow they should hopefully have the best prices.

Hmm nope, the same flight number is available. Looks like they just changed the departure time to 7:20 instead of 7:25 now.

Mateo1985
12-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Oh cool. I'm booking that flight tomorrow

Mateo1985
12-26-2015, 08:02 AM
Hmm nope, the same flight number is available. Looks like they just changed the departure time to 7:20 instead of 7:25 now.

Booked the same flight. See you on the plane gentlemen

Mateo1985
12-26-2015, 08:10 AM
This raises my next question. Does anyone know when we will be able to purchase tickets for the away section at Red Bull Arena?

Red CB Toronto
12-26-2015, 09:09 AM
This raises my next question. Does anyone know when we will be able to purchase tickets for the away section at Red Bull Arena?

Would not expect that until at least the full MLS schedule is out , which I believe will be sometime in January.

djcuse
12-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Hey Everyone, If you are going to book on Porter use this discount code: 39FSDB

It is an additional 25% off..

Right now you can get a return flight leaving friday and returning sunday night for $195 ALL IN!

Or the Sunday 7:20pm one-way flight is $82

djcuse
12-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Booked the same flight. See you on the plane gentlemen

Good stuff. Which flight did you book to Newark? Or are you busing there?

Mateo1985
12-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Good stuff. Which flight did you book to Newark? Or are you busing there?

I will just megabus there. Booked my bus from 6pm from TO to be there around 7am. So I will definitely be there for the pre-game drinks and everything lol

Mateo1985
12-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Would not expect that until at least the full MLS schedule is out , which I believe will be sometime in January.

Thanks Red. Where are the pre-drinks? You said Catas? Is that where everyone is gathering before the game?

Mateo1985
12-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Hey Everyone, If you are going to book on Porter use this discount code: 39FSDB

It is an additional 25% off..

Right now you can get a return flight leaving friday and returning sunday night for $195 ALL IN!

Or the Sunday 7:20pm one-way flight is $82

That's a sweet deal. Take advantage of this guys. We need numbers there. I wish I bought the round trip given this price lol.

Pint
12-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Saturday morning porter in and same 720pm flight out Sunday night. Hotel booked in Manhattan as well.

Next up figuring out nycfc weekend.

Red CB Toronto
12-27-2015, 01:03 PM
That's a sweet deal. Take advantage of this guys. We need numbers there. I wish I bought the round trip given this price lol.

When I looked the 7:20 flight was at $102 with the boxing day code, only $10 below what I paid. Thought about using for the NYCFC game the next week but decide against going when I realized the game time was 7 pm on the next Sunday. I am taking a bus Friday, getting in 7:45 Saturday morning. Looking forward to a good weekend in Manhattan.

Prof
12-27-2015, 02:31 PM
I will just megabus there. Booked my bus from 6pm from TO to be there around 7am. So I will definitely be there for the pre-game drinks and everything lol

Just booked my MegaBus also. Drive overnight, watch game, drive back overnight arrive on time for work Monday. Looking forward to great game.

djcuse
12-27-2015, 03:22 PM
For those that will be in Manhattan on the Saturday morning my friend (TFC/Everton) and I are planning to goto The Football Factory located in Legends Sports Bar. I've never been before but heard it is a good spot to check out BPL games. Might also be a nice spot for all of us to meet up the day before the game (and by saying this, I mean meeting up someday on the Saturday, not the sunday before the game).

djcuse
12-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Saturday morning porter in and same 720pm flight out Sunday night. Hotel booked in Manhattan as well.

Next up figuring out nycfc weekend.

If you don't mind me asking, what price did you get for a hotel in Manhattan?

Pint
12-27-2015, 03:52 PM
I get in around noon saturday. Would be down to hangout with all of the people around.

Pint
12-27-2015, 04:25 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what price did you get for a hotel in Manhattan?

Used hotwire and paid $200 including tax CAD. It's the doubletree in the financial district.

djcuse
12-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Used hotwire and paid $200 including tax CAD. It's the doubletree in the financial district.

Thanks! Was looking to stay in Harrison NJ, but there seems to be some really decent prices downtown Manhattan!

Red CB Toronto
12-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Thanks! Was looking to stay in Harrison NJ, but there seems to be some really decent prices downtown Manhattan!

The financial district is cheaper than say staying in midtown and its just a subway ride up. I booked a deal of the day offer on Expedia. I have been to Legends/Football Factory a few times, its pretty good. The Red Bulls supporters have their away viewing parties there.

TFC/Everton
12-27-2015, 08:03 PM

Ya, that sounds reasonable. We should certainly look into it.

djcuse
01-03-2016, 02:47 AM
FYI for those coming to New York for the opening weekend:

On the Saturday there is a Whiskey Walk!
http://nycwhiskeywalk.com/

Detroit_TFC
01-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Duly noted. Definitely interested.

Pint
01-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Did something similar last time I was in nyc for my brothers bachelor party, it was an Octoberfest crawl and I think k a couple of the bars are the same as this one. It was a good time and if you are thinking of doing it make sure to check out a couple of the deal sites as it was on a half price.

Pint
01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Anyone gotten tickets yet? are they available?

Mateo1985
01-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Anyone gotten tickets yet? are they available?

I believe they are announcing the entire season schedule on January 7th so tickets should be available after that. Hopefully lol

Pint
01-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Didn't know if anyone had been in contact with RYRB FO yet.

The guy from NYCFC has been in contact already.

Mateo1985
01-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Is there a contact name and email? I will check with them

djcuse
01-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Is there a contact name and email? I will check with them

Maybe christine.stasiuk@newyorkredbulls.com ?

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54852d54e4b0195c0da4a7c2/t/554bb817e4b0bfe34be9b923/1431025687513/051015+Visiting+Supporter+Plan+NYCFC.pdf

Mateo1985
01-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Maybe christine.stasiuk@newyorkredbulls.com ?

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54852d54e4b0195c0da4a7c2/t/554bb817e4b0bfe34be9b923/1431025687513/051015+Visiting+Supporter+Plan+NYCFC.pdf

Just sent her an email. Will let you know when I hear back

Pint
01-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Was able to get the contacts name. Sent them an email today to see how they want to do tickets

Mateo1985
01-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to the info you get coz Stephanie apperantly doesn't work there anymore

Red CB Toronto
01-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Was able to get the contacts name. Sent them an email today to see how they want to do tickets

From my past experience the Red Bulls are one of the teams that needs someone from an official supporters group needs to set it up. In the past if an individual called and asked for an away section ticket they were always asked if they were a Supporter Group and only would sell to someone officially with one, ie leadership.

Pint
01-05-2016, 08:30 PM
From my past experience the Red Bulls are one of the teams that needs someone from an official supporters group needs to set it up. In the past if an individual called and asked for an away section ticket they were always asked if they were a Supporter Group and only would sell to someone officially with one, ie leadership.

I'm the leader of kingsinthenorth and sent it from our email address so that shouldn't be a problem.

Red CB Toronto
01-05-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm the leader of kingsinthenorth and sent it from our email address so that shouldn't be a problem.

That works, as of last season they began setting up a special link and password on ticketmaster to facilitate away ticket sales.

gmacpheetfc
01-06-2016, 09:58 AM
The cost to Mega Bus down and Fly porter back with no accomadation is pretty legit $130.

DinamoTFC
01-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Looks like I will be attending the NYCFC game during Week 2 and on march break instead of NYRB. TFC schedule has us only playing NYCFC 2x this season and only 1x at Yankee stadium, while we have 3 games vs NYRB and 2x at Red Bull Arena. Hopefully we can get some fans out to the NYCFC game too.

Detroit_TFC
01-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Looks like I will be attending the NYCFC game during Week 2 and on march break instead of NYRB. TFC schedule has us only playing NYCFC 2x this season and only 1x at Yankee stadium, while we have 3 games vs NYRB and 2x at Red Bull Arena. Hopefully we can get some fans out to the NYCFC game too.

I went to one of the games at YS last season and I thought it was a decent experience (I know all the issues). Certainly will be interesting to see how much of that first season fan base is retained.

Red CB Toronto
01-08-2016, 10:40 AM
I went to one of the games at YS last season and I thought it was a decent experience (I know all the issues). Certainly will be interesting to see how much of that first season fan base is retained.

I enjoyed the game at Yankee Stadium I went to last season, especially with Seba scoring a hat trick. But honestly will take RBA any day over that experience.

Fort York Redcoat
01-08-2016, 11:02 AM
So this thread will be concentrated on the season opener away game and if anyone is staying on for the the NYFC game the following week. I'm very much looking forward to seeing a proper stadium even if its a trip to NJ.

Pint
01-11-2016, 03:47 PM
I've told them to go ahead and create the link, should have it by next week. Believe they said tickets were $22 each as well

Red CB Toronto
01-11-2016, 03:55 PM
I've told them to go ahead and create the link, should have it by next week. Believe they said tickets were $22 each as well

Thats perfect, thanks for taking the lead, it is exactly how the away tickets through the Red Bulls were handled last year.

Pint
01-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Thats perfect, thanks for taking the lead, it is exactly how the away tickets through the Red Bulls were handled last year.

Not sure but i would assume the process would be similar.

djcuse
01-11-2016, 07:58 PM
According to their press release, tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow:
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2016/01/08/tickets-new-york-red-bulls-home-opener-vs-toronto-fc-sale-monday

Red CB Toronto
01-11-2016, 09:03 PM
According to their press release, tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow:
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2016/01/08/tickets-new-york-red-bulls-home-opener-vs-toronto-fc-sale-monday

Section 220 will be blocked off, it's desinated as the away for every game at RBA.

Pint
01-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Upto 350 spots available in the away section.

Mateo1985
01-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Will buy mine tomorrow. By the way, say we do have the bus for the Red bulls game, there probably won't be one for NYCFC game though right?

Pint
01-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Will buy mine tomorrow. By the way, say we do have the bus for the Red bulls game, there probably won't be one for NYCFC game though right?

Away supporters section won't be available today... later this week or early next week if you want to be with all of us.

Mateo1985
01-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Great. Thanks for the info

Prof
01-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Away supporters section won't be available today... later this week or early next week if you want to be with all of us.

I just called the NYRB number and was told that the away supporters tickets have been sold in mass to our supporters group, and I could purchase from here. Is any one aware of this and who might have these tickets?

Pint
01-13-2016, 02:22 PM
I just called the NYRB number and was told that the away supporters tickets have been sold in mass to our supporters group, and I could purchase from here. Is any one aware of this and who might have these tickets?

Whoever you dealt with had the wrong information... I have been in contact with the leaders of all the groups with regards to tickets. I also have the direct contact for the people that do the away ticketing for the red bulls. They usually try to get 1 mass purchase and then supplement based off of a link but since nobody is planning any mass travel we are doing only the link.

Red CB Toronto
01-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Whoever you dealt with had the wrong information... I have been in contact with the leaders of all the groups with regards to tickets. I also have the direct contact for the people that do the away ticketing for the red bulls. They usually try to get 1 mass purchase and then supplement based off of a link but since nobody is planning any mass travel we are doing only the link.

Last year was just a link too from the Red Bulls so it will work out just fine for everyone.

Detroit_TFC
01-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Just booked flight and bought a ticket to the Whiskey Walk. Drunken hijinx in Manhattan, life is good.

Prof
01-18-2016, 09:58 AM

Any news on the link?

Pint
01-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Any news on the link?

Nothing yet, ill email them this afternoon if i haven't heard anything.

Pint
01-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Code is TFC16

Tickets are $22 USD with each order having a $3.50 processing fee.

*** you will notice it says $30 to the left side when you are on the page... just ignore that. when you click on the seats you want it will come up and show you its $22***

link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/link/promotion/home/026431a0f8d470bffcb64afef6cda764c3da1ed0

ChrisFizik
01-20-2016, 02:16 PM
Hello all!

Yes, that's right, season kickoff away day is happening. Come together with fellow supporters by getting Red Bull Arena tickets thru the link here (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/link/promotion/home/026431a0f8d470bffcb64afef6cda764c3da1ed0). (use code: TFC16)

Members head over to the lounge thread and find out more about the wheels in motion there too! Get involved!

Red CB Toronto
01-20-2016, 02:20 PM
Just booked flight and bought a ticket to the Whiskey Walk. Drunken hijinx in Manhattan, life is good.

When do you land? I am getting in first thing in the morning Saturda.

Detroit_TFC
01-20-2016, 02:57 PM
When do you land? I am getting in first thing in the morning Saturda.

10:30a ish at Newark. Will try to check in to hotel (or drop off bag), then head to Manhattan early afternoon.

pekduck
01-20-2016, 03:00 PM
bought game ticket... will see if I can actually make it to the actual game..

Pint
01-20-2016, 03:04 PM
Anyone getting into newark around 1130 and want to split a cab to manhattan?

greatrootbear
01-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Hey folks,

First post :)

Originally from Toronto but now living in NYC.

I'll be at both the Red Bulls and NYCFC home openers vs Toronto.

Hope to meet some of you down here :)

Mateo1985
01-25-2016, 02:19 PM
Hey folks,

First post :)

Originally from Toronto but now living in NYC.

I'll be at both the Red Bulls and NYCFC home openers vs Toronto.

Hope to meet some of you down here :)

You gonna be in 220 at RBA? see you there if so

ryan
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Good thing I sat on it for a day, got the return flight booked at $301. Also will be on the same flight back (7:20PM) as the rest of ya's.

Mateo1985
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Good thing I sat on it for a day, got the return flight booked at $301. Also will be on the same flight back (7:20PM) as the rest of ya's.

awesome. Should be a fun flight home with a whole bunch of RPBs there

greatrootbear
01-27-2016, 01:39 PM
You gonna be in 220 at RBA? see you there if so

I'm actually midfield in 226.

Keep your eyes peeled for the Canadian flag being waved by the guy nuts enough to sit among the Red Bull fans :)

Let me know if you guys are doing a meetup here prior to the game

Pint
01-27-2016, 01:42 PM
How many people will be in NYC on the Sat night?

I know my group of 3 will be

djcuse
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
How many people will be in NYC on the Sat night?

I know my group of 3 will be

TFC/Everton and I will be in NY beginning Friday afternoon

Pint
01-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Assuming the whiskey walkers can still walk after their whiskey... a Manhattan meetup can and should be arranged.

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
I am getting into NYC early Saturday morning, off to the St. John's Providence game at MSG that afternoon, 12:30 tipoff, will be around after if anyone wants to hit up a bar.

Mateo1985
01-27-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm only in NYC early Sunday. Where bar is everyone going to before the game? Catas? Greenroom? Ivy made sure we'll be ok there even though Catas is Red Bull Fans bar

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm only in NYC early Sunday. Where bar is everyone going to before the game? Catas? Greenroom? Ivy made sure we'll be ok there even though Catas is Red Bull Fans bar

Here is the info for Catas, cold beer, good menue, will be there beforehand.
https://www.facebook.com/CatasNewark/

Mateo1985
01-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Here is the info for Catas, cold beer, good menue, will be there beforehand.
https://www.facebook.com/CatasNewark/

Awesome. See you there Red

djcuse
01-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Assuming the whiskey walkers can still walk after their whiskey... a Manhattan meetup can and should be arranged.

Yes this must happen!

BPL Schedule for Saturday morning has some tasty matchups:
Early early morning affair has Arsenal vs Tottenham @ 7:45AM
10am has: Everton v West Ham, Chelsea v Stoke, Man City v Aston Villa
12:30pm game is Watford v Leicester

Planning on going to The Football Factory at Legends Bar (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Football+Factory/@40.7479095,-73.9858706,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x4429422427fcbdf)
to watch this if anyone else is up for some breakfast and early morning footie.

The bar is open til 4 am as well so could be a good option for an evening meetup as well!

Pint
01-27-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm not in town til 1130 on the saturday morning but will let the other part of the group i'm going with know.

djcuse
01-27-2016, 06:18 PM
According to NY liquor laws, bars can begin selling alcohol at 8am Monday-Saturday..

However for those of us looking to predrink at Catas before the game, it appears we will either have to do a quick smash and dash, or possibily do up the
Viking Army Tailgate instead, because on Sundays Bars can't start serving alcohol until Noon.

noimpactinmtl
01-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Yes this must happen!

Planning on going to The Football Factory at Legends Bar (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Football+Factory/@40.7479095,-73.9858706,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x4429422427fcbdf)

The bar is open til 4 am as well so could be a good option for an evening meetup as well!

I'll be arriving by Saturday morning. Definitely will take up on the offer to watch the Arsenal.

greatrootbear
01-28-2016, 11:40 AM
I'll be arriving by Saturday morning. Definitely will take up on the offer to watch the Arsenal.

I was just going to suggest Football Factory for a Saturday meet.

Its a great place for breakfast cider and football :)

Might be wearing my Norwich colours that day though it would be great to meet some of you folks.

Cheers!

Richard

Red CB Toronto
01-28-2016, 12:02 PM
I was just going to suggest Football Factory for a Saturday meet.

Its a great place for breakfast cider and football :)

Might be wearing my Norwich colours that day though it would be great to meet some of you folks.

Cheers!

Richard

Just a heads up for everyone, Football Factory is a section of Legends.

http://www.legends33.com/index_nm.html

andyc
01-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Just got tickets - first away game in a while... Just realized I was in New York that weekend for the wife's birthday so managed to convince her to attend so we're adding an extra day! When my son heard what we are up to he begged us to join so now we have a gatecrasher 8-) Should be a great weekend. Can't wait!

Red CB Toronto
01-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Just got tickets - first away game in a while... Just realized I was in New York that weekend for the wife's birthday so managed to convince her to attend so we're adding an extra day! When my son heard what we are up to he begged us to join so now we have a gatecrasher 8-) Should be a great weekend. Can't wait!

great to hear, the more the greater, will be a great time ( :

Red CB Toronto
02-02-2016, 09:55 AM
The TFC season kickoff is March 6th away at NYRB. The start of a new campaign (and start of a long road stretch) has more than a few of us fired up. Maybe you fancy a bit of travel and a day out in enemy territory? You can join the RPB Road Warriors travelling to Red Bull Arena too. Away supporter ticket arrangements have been made (Visit this ticket link (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/link/promotion/home/026431a0f8d470bffcb64afef6cda764c3da1ed0), use promo code TFC16). To help with the cause, we’ve arranged bus transportation as well. So if you're interested in getting on the bus, and we have the numbers, we'll be on the road representing for the Reds (Reserve your seat here (http://rallybus.net/red-bulls-tfc)) Stand with your fellow supporters & celebrate the new season! (Of course we'll be getting together at home as well too!)

Browse/ask questions/participate in discussions ongoing below!

Latest count sold in the away section is 34. Lets face book, tweet, sticky the crap out of this and fill that section.

Prof
02-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Yes this must happen!

Looks like Smithfields is the place to watch footy in NY especially the early games. http://smithfieldnyc.com/football/all/

djcuse
02-05-2016, 03:10 PM
For those looking to book a hotel..

I just booked this one in Harrison. It is litterally a 5 minute walk to Red Bull Arena, and the Harrison train station is right at your doorstep to take you right into NYC

Great deal on right now as well. $190/night for room with 2 queen beds, a living room area and kitchen!

https://www.expedia.ca/Harrison-Hote...ooms-and-rates (https://www.expedia.ca/Harrison-Hotels-Element-Harrison-Newark.h7050416.Hotel-Information?chkin=04%2F03%2F2016&chkout=06%2F03%2F2016&rm1=a2#rooms-and-rates)

noimpactinmtl
02-05-2016, 04:45 PM
For those looking to book a hotel..

I just booked this one in Harrison. It is litterally a 5 minute walk to Red Bull Arena, and the Harrison train station is right at your doorstep to take you right into NYC

Great deal on right now as well. $190/night for room with 2 queen beds, a living room area and kitchen!

https://www.expedia.ca/Harrison-Hote...ooms-and-rates (https://www.expedia.ca/Harrison-Hotels-Element-Harrison-Newark.h7050416.Hotel-Information?chkin=04%2F03%2F2016&chkout=06%2F03%2F2016&rm1=a2#rooms-and-rates)

Staying at the same hotel, but I'll have to come in from Manhattan because I'm bussing over.

Prof
02-10-2016, 04:29 PM

Were you able to print your Tickets?

Red CB Toronto
02-10-2016, 05:21 PM

My ticket is already printed and sitting on my desk, March 6th can not come soon enough !!

andyc
02-10-2016, 10:08 PM

No I couldn't print them - I assumed that they hadn't been issued yet...

TFC07
02-11-2016, 06:08 AM
I want to attend this game, but I am going to be in New York week after this game. So I will most likely attend TFC-NYCFC game on March 13.

Xcalibur815
02-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Hotel and flight are booked see you in NY/NJ folks

Prof
02-16-2016, 09:22 AM
No I couldn't print them - I assumed that they hadn't been issued yet...

I am still unable to print my ticket also. Not sure why. I have contacted NYRB numerous times. Little help.

Red CB Toronto
02-16-2016, 09:50 AM
I am still unable to print my ticket also. Not sure why. I have contacted NYRB numerous times. Little help.

Use the link in the first post, the away section is being sold online using the password and link.

Xcalibur815
02-17-2016, 11:55 PM

Yes this must happen!

Planning on going to The Football Factory at Legends Bar (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Football+Factory/@40.7479095,-73.9858706,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x4429422427fcbdf (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Football+Factory/@40.7479095,-73.9858706,15z/data=%214m2%213m1%211s0x0:0x4429422427fcbdf))

YES!!! i may join you on that whisky walk...roll into NYC thurs night to monday morning!

Prof
02-18-2016, 04:03 PM
Use the link in the first post, the away section is being sold online using the password and link.

I have already purchased tickets, just can't print the.

Mateo1985
02-18-2016, 04:19 PM
It's weird that you guys have problems printing your tickets. If you have a receipt number, ticket number or any other reference number I would get in touch with their FO to make sure they send you PDFs now. The game is in TWO weeks away. Might wanna take care of it now rather than last minute.

By the way!!! Can't believe the game is so sooooooooon. This is sexy man

andyc
02-19-2016, 11:59 AM
I emailed their FO yesterday and they responded this morning that the tickets haven't been put in the account manager yet. They should have it done next week

Red CB Toronto
02-19-2016, 12:02 PM
I emailed their FO yesterday and they responded this morning that the tickets haven't been put in the account manager yet. They should have it done next week

That is strange, I was able to print my ticket the moment I bought it.

Fort York Redcoat
02-19-2016, 12:07 PM
That is strange, I was able to print my ticket the moment I bought it.

Mine too. It's sitting right next to me, printed.

ryan
02-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Mine too. It's sitting right next to me, printed.

I'm gonna print my ticket again just cause I can.

Fort York Redcoat
02-19-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm gonna print my ticket again just cause I can.

Surround yourself with tickets? All the same ticket?

Naughty.:devil:

Mateo1985
02-19-2016, 01:17 PM
My ticket is on my desk top. Just sitting there. Reminding me of goods times to come at RBA

andyc
02-19-2016, 02:41 PM
You guys are making me jealous 8-)

JDMD
02-21-2016, 05:12 PM
For those of you who are flying out immediately after the game, what are you planning on doing with your baggage? Is there somewhere to store stuff at Red Bull Arena? Or do you think we would be permitted to bring a gym-bag sized bag in to the stadium?

Mateo1985
02-21-2016, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=JDMD;1782094]For those of you who are flying out immediately after the game, what are you planning on doing with your baggage? Is there somewhere to store stuff at Red Bull Arena? Or do you think we would be permitted to bring a gym-bag sized bag in to the stadium?[/QUOT

They aren't the Impact so hopefully you will be able to

Red CB Toronto
02-21-2016, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=JDMD;1782094]For those of you who are flying out immediately after the game, what are you planning on doing with your baggage? Is there somewhere to store stuff at Red Bull Arena? Or do you think we would be permitted to bring a gym-bag sized bag in to the stadium?[/QUOT

They aren't the Impact so hopefully you will be able to

Came to the games before at RBA with my suit case and never had an issue, they were quite good about it just like they were last October at Saputo when I was catching the bus right after so no issues at either place.

Pint
02-21-2016, 06:07 PM
For those of you who are flying out immediately after the game, what are you planning on doing with your baggage? Is there somewhere to store stuff at Red Bull Arena? Or do you think we would be permitted to bring a gym-bag sized bag in to the stadium?

I've asked and had no response to that question. I'm on the 730 flight back so will have a backpack or small bag with me.

I'll follow up with their front office this week, if I still get no response I'll get someone in our front office to make contact.

JDMD
02-21-2016, 06:30 PM
I've asked and had no response to that question. I'm on the 730 flight back so will have a backpack or small bag with me.

I'll follow up with their front office this week, if I still get no response I'll get someone in our front office to make contact.

Cool, thanks - any feedback from the NYRB folks would be very helpful. Judging from Red CB Toronto's response I'm hoping it won't be an issue though. As an absolute worst case scenario, Newark airport isn't too far away so I was thinking I could go drop my bags there before the game and then just hop back on the train back to the arena (assuming Porter's check-in is open ~7 hours before the flight), but it would be way easier to not have to do that.

Onyx
02-21-2016, 06:45 PM

store it at your hotel or use a storage locker at newark penn station. i assume your flying out of newark, don't remember if newark airport has lockers

djcuse
02-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Who is staying in NYC, and who is staying in Newark/Harrison for hotel accomodations?

Red CB Toronto
02-21-2016, 06:53 PM
It says on the Red Bulls website that they allow suitcases, backpacks into the stadium.

Red CB Toronto
02-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Who is staying in NYC, and who is staying in Newark/Harrison for hotel accomodations?
I am staying in Manhattan, midtown area around 20th.

noimpactinmtl
02-21-2016, 07:27 PM

I'll be at Newark/Harrison, across from Red Bull Arena.

Pint
02-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Manhattan... the double tree in the financial district.

JDMD
02-21-2016, 07:51 PM

Manhattan, 24th St. (Hampton Inn).

Detroit_TFC
02-22-2016, 09:33 AM
Staying at the Marriott on the grounds of Newark Airport. Would have been more convenient to stay in downtown Newark I think but won't have to worry about getting around town Monday am for flight back to Det.

Red CB Toronto
02-22-2016, 09:40 AM
Staying at the Marriott on the grounds of Newark Airport. Would have been more convenient to stay in downtown Newark I think but won't have to worry about getting around town Monday am for flight back to Det.

Its actually pretty easy to just take the train over to Newark Penn and onward into Manhattan as the airport does have a stop.

Detroit_TFC
02-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Its actually pretty easy to just take the train over to Newark Penn and onward into Manhattan as the airport does have a stop.

Yes, also there is a local Newark bus to/from Newark Penn. Not hard to get to the airport. Train is more convenient.

German21
02-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Bus seems to have been a no go, booked flights from porter now, same day, land in NJ 10:25am and depart from NJ 8:15pm! see you all there!

cwell
02-22-2016, 05:32 PM
What's the latest on league-imposed restrictions?

Pint
02-22-2016, 05:40 PM
What's the latest on league-imposed restrictions?

No flags, banners, drums, tifo etc.

greatrootbear
02-24-2016, 12:44 AM
It says on the Red Bulls website that they allow suitcases, backpacks into the stadium.

They sometimes invoke clearbag policy a la NFL.

They did that during the playoffs. Keep checking the red bulls site to see if they make a note of it.

Pint
02-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Bags are fine per the facilities manager at the red bulls. Bags will be checked as they are at every stadium.

Red CB Toronto
02-25-2016, 12:34 PM
If everyone is up for it, lets all get together Saturday morning at Legends/Football factory for the morning EPL matches etc. I will be there for the 10 am matches before heading over to MSG for the St. John's Providence basketball game at 12:30. Would be great to toast the start of the TFC season with a few cold ones !!

6 W 33rd St (between 6th and 5th avenue, south side of the street)
New York, NY

www.legends33.com/index_nm.html

Mateo1985
02-25-2016, 01:14 PM
If everyone is up for it, lets all get together Saturday morning at Legends/Football factory for the morning EPL matches etc. I will be there for the 10 am matches before heading over to MSG for the St. John's Providence basketball game at 12:30. Would be great to toast the start of the TFC season with a few cold ones !!

New York, NY

Do they serve alcohol before noon on Sundays? I think Pint mentioned that they might not.

Red CB Toronto
02-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Do they serve alcohol before noon on Sundays? I think Pint mentioned that they might not.

It's noon for both New York and New Jersey on Sunday. I will be at Catas for noon on the Sunday.

Red CB Toronto
02-25-2016, 02:46 PM
Latest count for tickets sold in the TFC away section for the season opener is 57.

TFC/Everton
02-25-2016, 02:48 PM

New York, NY

See you there!

Mateo1985
02-25-2016, 02:59 PM
See you boys at the Legends. I assume they open around 10ish?

Red CB Toronto
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM
See you boys at the Legends. I assume they open around 10ish?

It is actually open for the early 7:30 games, here is the live match schedule for Legends/Football Factory. It is updated freequently.

http://www.footballfactoryny.com/schedule/

Mateo1985
02-25-2016, 03:42 PM
It is actually open for the early 7:30 games, here is the live match schedule for Legends/Football Factory. It is updated freequently.

http://www.footballfactoryny.com/schedule/

Sweet. Thanks man. I'm getting to NYC around 7:30 so I will have things to do thankfully instead of just being sort of just roaming around or being tourist-y

Pint
02-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Less than a week... anyone have a suggestion for a meet up spot for saturday night?

djcuse
02-29-2016, 12:26 AM
Less than a week... anyone have a suggestion for a meet up spot for saturday night?

I'm looking into some bars/pubs that would be worth a visit to. Will post when I find one.

djcuse
02-29-2016, 01:19 AM
What's does everyone think about this option:

Tonic East
http://toniceast.com/about

Bar on the first floor, club on the second floor, and lounge on the roof top.

So pretty much something for everyone.

djcuse
02-29-2016, 01:57 AM
This also looks like a really good spot. A friend of mine who lives in NY recommends the location on 40th street: http://www.peterdillons.com/

Red CB Toronto
02-29-2016, 02:03 AM
This also looks like a really good spot. A friend of mine who lives in NY recommends the location on 40th street: http://www.peterdillons.com/

Peter Dillons looks good, like the idea of $4 Pints. I would say we all meet there.

djcuse
02-29-2016, 02:06 AM
Peter Dillons looks good, like the idea of $4 Pints. I would say we all meet there.

Ya $4 pints all night, and $4 shots of Jameson, Jager, or Cuervo. Dangerous. Appears saturday's are karoake starting at 10pm.
They don't have a kitchen, but my friend did say they have menu's so you can order in lol

JavierMartini
02-29-2016, 06:16 AM
Whats with the league imposed no flags banners ect!? Is that only for away fans?

Pint
02-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Whats with the league imposed no flags banners ect!? Is that only for away fans?

No flags, banners, drums etc. and yes that's just for us away supporters.

Small chance manning can get it recinded since it hasn't officially been communicated to TFC FO but at this point it sounds doubtful.

Also $4 pints sounds awesome

Red CB Toronto
02-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Ya $4 pints all night, and $4 shots of Jameson, Jager, or Cuervo. Dangerous. Appears saturday's are karoake starting at 10pm.
They don't have a kitchen, but my friend did say they have menu's so you can order in lol

Likley have a deal with a nearby resturant, plus as we all know there is no shortage of places even within a single block to get something good to eat.

Detroit_TFC
02-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Peter Dillon's looks good for Saturday night bar, I'll try to end up there at some point :)

JavierMartini
02-29-2016, 09:25 AM
No flags, banners, drums etc. and yes that's just for us away supporters.

Small chance manning can get it recinded since it hasn't officially been communicated to TFC FO but at this point it sounds doubtful.

Also $4 pints sounds awesome

That's garbage, is this league wide or specific. Also does the league mandate it or was it the redbulls.

Red CB Toronto
02-29-2016, 09:45 AM
Peter Dillon's looks good for Saturday night bar, I'll try to end up there at some point :)

Are you on the Whiskey tour? Could not doing due to timing, going to the St. John's Providence game at MSG.

Phil
02-29-2016, 10:29 AM
That's garbage, is this league wide or specific. Also does the league mandate it or was it the redbulls.

No idea of duration of suspension, its mandated by the MLS not the Red Bulls.

Red CB Toronto
02-29-2016, 10:40 AM
No idea of duration of suspension, its mandated by the MLS not the Red Bulls.

This is no way should effect having a great time at Red Bull Arena on Sunday. The 11 men on the pitch and the great group in the stands is what matters. A victory will make the flight home after even sweeter, a great way to cap off the weekend. I also suspect for anyone flying out of Newark after the game there is a pretty good chance will may cross pathes with the lads.

greatrootbear
02-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Hey folks,

You lot all confirmed to hit legends on Saturday morning?

Also, will there be anyone from RPB there to help me manage an official sign up to the crew? Hoping to lock down my membership when you all hit town either this weekend or next weekend at Yankee Stadium

Detroit_TFC
02-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Are you on the Whiskey tour? Could not doing due to timing, going to the St. John's Providence game at MSG.

Yes, bought a ticket for the whiskey walk. My evening plans may be influenced by how generous the pours are.

djcuse
02-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Myself and TFC/Everton will definitely be there in TFC colors!

Hey folks,

Also, will there be anyone from RPB there to help me manage an official sign up to the crew? Hoping to lock down my membership when you all hit town either this weekend or next weekend at Yankee Stadium

djcuse
02-29-2016, 01:26 PM
I'll have the Sharpie ready!

I also suspect for anyone flying out of Newark after the game there is a pretty good chance will may cross pathes with the lads.

greatrootbear
02-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Myself and TFC/Everton will definitely be there in TFC colors!

Brilliant!

I'll be there in either Norwich or TFC colours. Keep your eyes out for an azn fellow with blue hair :)

Red CB Toronto
02-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Hey folks,

I will be at Legends and I know some others will be. Looking forward to it. Send CoachGT a PM and if needed me someone for sure can take care of it.

Fort York Redcoat
02-29-2016, 02:10 PM
Hey folks,

pm sent.

khso11
02-29-2016, 11:09 PM
Current count 61 .

If you haven't got your tix, get them here https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/buy/details/16GM01 enter TFC16 for the access code. $22 each.

Comon, lets fill up the seats and support the boys!

Red CB Toronto
03-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Everyone on the fence, make your down to Red Bull Arena this Sunday, no excuses, be loud, proud and show your support for the Reds. No place better to do it than from the stands.

djcuse
03-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Itinerary for Meetups and such for the Weekend:

Friday - ?

Saturday Morning ---- Football Factory @ Legends (6 west 33rd St) Watch Premier League Action (Tottenham Arsenal kicks things off bright and early @ 7:45am)

Saturday Night 8pm-Late --- Peter Dillion's (130 E 40th St) Happy Hour ALL-NIGHT! ($4 pints Bud Light, Blue Moon, & Stella (the shoeless joe's pregame special) $4 shots jameson, cuervo, jager)

Sunday 10am - Catas 538 Market St, Newark - Pregame Meetup, Vikings Army have confirmed bar will open early at 10am!

Will continue to edit this post as needed.

ryan
03-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Is it walkable from Catas? Trying to decide where to cab to when I land.

djcuse
03-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Is it walkable from Catas? Trying to decide where to cab to when I land.

Yes Red Bull arena is only a 10-15 minute walk. Basically same distance as walking from Shoeless to BMO on game days

ryan
03-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Alright then. I'll meet you guys there for a quick pint, shot and blue freezie.

Red CB Toronto
03-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Sounds good, will make my plans using this agenda, figure I will be in for all of it. Looking forward to this weekend. On a side note Chick-fil-A opened up their first location in Manhattan, 37th and Avenue of the Americas, might tasty for a quick bite.

Friday - ?

Saturday Morning ---- Football Factory @ Legends (6 west 33rd St) Watch Premier League Action (Tottenham Arsenal kicks things off bright and early @ 7:45am)

Saturday Night 8pm-Late --- Peter Dillion's (130 E 40th St) Happy Hour ALL-NIGHT! ($4 pints Bud Light, Blue Moon, & Stella (the shoeless joe's pregame special) $4 shots jameson, cuervo, jager)

Sunday - Catas 538 Market St, Newark - Pregame Meetup, Time TBD (they usually open at Noon, not sure if they will open earlier because of 1:30pm kickoff)

djcuse
03-01-2016, 07:16 PM
**update** Vikings Army have confirmed that Catas will open at 10am sunday for pregame.

Mateo1985
03-01-2016, 07:20 PM
**update** Vikings Army have confirmed that Catas will open at 10am sunday for pregame.

Does it mean they will serve alcohol at 10am too?

Pint
03-01-2016, 07:39 PM
RBNY front office wants us at gate C1 at 1230 to search bags entering stadium and escort us to the away supporters area.

They do not recommend walking from Newark penn, they suggest taking the PATH.

khso11
03-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Take the PATH train to Harrison Station from Manhattan (around 20mins). It's $2.75/trip, you can use the MTA Metrocard to enter. I think it runs 24/7 as well.

http://www.panynj.gov/photo/path/PATH_system_map.jpg

http://www.panynj.gov/path/

Red CB Toronto
03-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Take the PATH train to Harrison Station from Manhattan (around 20mins). It's $2.75/trip, you can use the MTA Metrocard to enter. I think it runs 24/7 as well.

http://www.panynj.gov/photo/path/PATH_system_map.jpg

http://www.panynj.gov/path/

It's a 10-15 walk from the Harrison Path Station to Catats, turn out of the station, walk past RBA on your left and over the bridge. Catas will be right in front of you.

Red CB Toronto
03-01-2016, 08:40 PM
RBNY front office wants us at gate C1 at 1230 to search bags entering stadium and escort us to the away supporters area.

Yes, Harrison Path Station is right across the street from RBA. You would only end up at Newark Penn if you took NJ transit out of Penn Station in Manhattan.

khso11
03-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Yes, Harrison Path Station is right across the street from RBA. You would only end up at Newark Penn if you took NJ transit out of Penn Station in Manhattan.

Yup, and the NJ train would be more expensive as well.

elDirty
03-01-2016, 09:21 PM

Friday - ?

Sunday 10am - Catas 538 Market St, Newark - Pregame Meetup, Vikings Army have confirmed bar will open early at 10am!

Also welcome at the tailgate in front of the Warehouse by the arena on game day. I should be there around 8 AM.

I'll suggest Rudy's (http://www.rudysbarnyc.com/ - 627 9th Avenue (Btw 44th and 45th) New York, NY 10036 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/627+9th+Ave,+New+York,+NY+10036/@40.7600289,-73.9917662,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c258524aab173b:0x435af 8290899d17)) for Friday Night.

Red CB Toronto
03-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Also welcome at the tailgate in front of the Warehouse by the arena on game day. I should be there around 8 AM.

I'll suggest Rudy's (http://www.rudysbarnyc.com/ - 627 9th Avenue (Btw 44th and 45th) New York, NY 10036 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/627+9th+Ave,+New+York,+NY+10036/@40.7600289,-73.9917662,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c258524aab173b:0x435af 8290899d17)) for Friday Night.

Thanks, when can bars start serving beer in New Jersey on Sunday, is it noon?

Mateo1985
03-01-2016, 09:53 PM

I wonder why that is? I understand why they would in Montreal but since we're chilling at Vikings location anyway lol

Pint
03-01-2016, 09:55 PM
I wonder why that is? I understand why they would in Montreal but since we're chilling at Vikings location anyway lol

Wanted same thing last year in chicago, I think it's pretty standard practice throughout the league.

Mateo1985
03-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Wanted same thing last year in chicago, I think it's pretty standard practice throughout the league.

Well makes sense I guess.

Red CB Toronto
03-01-2016, 10:05 PM

Quite honestly I have been to RBA 6 times and have never had any issues entering on my own, Just walking up to the gate like anyone else going to the game. It is even more simply with no banners, drums etc. Regardless this is going to be a great time.

ChrisFizik
03-01-2016, 10:15 PM
yeah yeah, standard thing guys. Esp with a group vs singles walkin up. All it takes is one bro with a few drinks in him to go off on us (or *vice-versa*) and then it's a thing. Let's get our crew into the stadium and then they'll see the real Red representing!

Good times

elDirty
03-01-2016, 11:28 PM
Thanks, when can bars start serving beer in New Jersey on Sunday, is it noon?
It's up to the municipality; 7a, 11a and noon are the common ones. Catas is in Newark so they should be clear for their opening. Just watch out if you eat there, my last two visits haven't been all that.

Also someone hold me a seat up in 220, I've got season seats at RBA, but will be heading up after the formalities of seeing friends on the section is complete.

Pint
03-02-2016, 08:20 AM
yeah yeah, standard thing guys. Esp with a group vs singles walkin up. All it takes is one bro with a few drinks in him to go off on us (or *vice-versa*) and then it's a thing. Let's get our crew into the stadium and then they'll see the real Red representing!

Good times

Yep and with the league breathing down our neck maybe we just follow the procedure asked of us.

I don't really find it any different than going to BMO as i'm usually in the stadium an hour early anyway.

Red CB Toronto
03-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Current count for the TFC away section is 63

greatrootbear
03-02-2016, 02:37 PM
There's a pretty packed schedule for you folks. Looks awesome!

Really looking forward to seeing you all.

As for travelling, DEFINITELY get off at Harrison PATH. The station is as next door to RBA as one can get. Definitely worth it. Path is also dirt cheap (2 bucks and a bit) so if you just buy a metrocard, you can swipe a group though on a prepaid card.

Detroit_TFC
03-02-2016, 04:13 PM
It's up to the municipality; 7a, 11a and noon are the common ones. Catas is in Newark so they should be clear for their opening. Just watch out if you eat there, my last two visits haven't been all that.

Also someone hold me a seat up in 220, I've got season seats at RBA, but will be heading up after the formalities of seeing friends on the section is complete.

Just curious, is the new Harrison PATH station open yet?

Red CB Toronto
03-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Just curious, is the new Harrison PATH station open yet?

Not yet, completion was pushed back to 2018.

elDirty
03-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Just curious, is the new Harrison PATH station open yet? They have to start it before they can finish it.

Detroit_TFC
03-03-2016, 09:50 AM
They have to start it before they can finish it.

Wow. Wasn't that project announced like 2 years ago?

elDirty
03-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Wow. Wasn't that project announced like 2 years ago?
They've been tearing down things and cleaning up the land so you don't grow a tail after walking by it. There hasn't actually been any new construction.
Not to mention it was announced when the stadium opened in 2010, but that's the speed of multi-state and federal government contracts.

elDirty
03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Current count 61 .

If you haven't got your tix, get them here https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyredbulls/EN/buy/details/16GM01 enter TFC16 for the access code. $22 each.

Comon, lets fill up the seats and support the boys!

Any contact info for tickets for the game at Yankee Stadium?

Pint
03-03-2016, 01:39 PM
As far as i can tell everything is dry on sunday til noon. You can tailgate if anyone is driving to the game but i doubt that is happening.

We have the full top part of 220 to ourselves, no other tickets were sold and below us is players comps.

For everyone bringing a bag to the game as i know many of us are flying out sunday night from newark... please be at gate C1 at 1230 for the bag check.

Looking forward to seeing everyone saturday night

khso11
03-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Any contact info for tickets for the game at Yankee Stadium?

Heard Geno can help you for the away supporters section, Geno.DiMillo@nycfc.com or 212-738-5860.

Red CB Toronto
03-03-2016, 08:08 PM

Just a thought, Peter Dillon's has two locations. The one at 36th and 5th does not have the Karaoke on Saturday night if that is something we want to avoid. otherwise stick with their 40th street location. Same $4 beer and shots at both.

Pint
03-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Has anyone checked to see if the bar is showing the UFA? and if they are if they have a cover?

Red CB Toronto
03-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Has anyone checked to see if the bar is showing the UFA? and if they are if they have a cover?

I suspect not based on karaoke taking place, but not 100% sure. Peter Dillon's I know does not charge a cover.