PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bendik Appreciation thread

__wowza
12-21-2015, 04:43 PM
trade's been finalized.
he's been with us since 2013, and is three games shy of breaking the top 10 for appearances.
in this city, that means something.. so let's try and keep it positive.

when frei was out, bendik stepped up HUGE and pretty much played the entire season for us.
not the best GA, but at the same time we didn't have the best defence in front of him.

wish him all the best in orlando (except against TFC).

Ossington Mental Youth
12-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Dude photobombed my wife and I getting engaged. Always remembered us afterwards too. Was a good shot stopper and had some great games. Apart from playing against us, hope he's successful .

molenshtain
12-21-2015, 06:43 PM
He's a really great guy. Unlucky he never regained the form from his first year. Good luck Joe!

TFC/Everton
12-21-2015, 06:45 PM
He was never the same after we signed Julio Cesar.

Auzzy
12-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Good luck Joe!

Wagner
12-21-2015, 07:35 PM
I was a big fan of Joe.

he was always nice and funny.
I got to meet him a few times, and he was always very appreciative of any fan attention.

i was lucky enough to sit right behind the bench during a game at the Disney Wide World of sports complex.
Joe discretely cracked a few jokes with me.
I'll never forget that.
one of the coolest sports experiences i've ever had.

OgtheDim
12-21-2015, 08:39 PM
He was remarkably calm for a TFC keeper. Hope he does well in an atmosphere where he can grow into a starter.

ChrisFizik
12-21-2015, 09:24 PM
with a knick-knack paddywhack,
give a dog a bone, He's a wall of stone!

Thank-you Bendik, Thank you...Joe!

__wowza
12-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Dude photobombed my wife and I getting engaged. Always remembered us afterwards too. Was a good shot stopper and had some great games. Apart from playing against us, hope he's successful .

wait.. like.. while you were down on one knee?

Pint
12-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Decent player and always took time for supporters.

Could stop a shot but he got caught out of position too often and his distribution left something to be desired.

Wish him well in orlando.

Fort York Redcoat
12-22-2015, 09:27 AM
with a knick-knack paddywhack,
give a dog a bone, He's a wall of stone!

Thank-you Bendik, Thank you...Joe!

Well said.

I wish him luck and hope Larin helps him keep it out his end...except against us. Good Luck to him!:thumbsup:

Ossington Mental Youth
12-22-2015, 09:28 AM
wait.. like.. while you were down on one knee?

Hahaha yep.

Initial B
12-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Not the best keeper in the world, but you can't argue with his work ethic and good attitude. I liked him in spite of his faults. I wish him all the best in Orlando. Knowing TFC's history, I'm sure we'll all regret trading you in about 2-3 years.

JayMolly
12-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Hope you enjoy the weather in Florida.
All the best Joe . . .

FRANKIE65
12-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Produced one of my favorite moments of the 2014 season in the home closer against the Limpact, when he picked up, that whiney bitch, Felipe who was rolling on the pitch like he'd been shot.
Good luck, except when you play TFC, Joe!

Yohan
12-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Produced one of my favorite moments of the 2014 season in the home closer against the Limpact, when he picked up, that whiney bitch, Felipe who was rolling on the pitch like he'd been shot.
Good luck, except when you play TFC, Joe!

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/570-felipe.gif

FRANKIE65
12-22-2015, 12:30 PM

Yup, that was it:D

Bobo
12-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Not sure at this point if he's a capable keeper who had an awful past season or a poor keeper who had a good first season. No question that his performance has been on the decline since he got here. I feel for the guy though, he had a terrible defense in front of him here and is now sent to another team who struggles to defend. At least he'll be given another shot at being a starting GK in this league.

Cashcleaner
12-24-2015, 07:11 AM

Oh my Lord, yes! For that act alone he deserves heaps of praise. Obviously, Bendik had better games much earlier on with his time with TFC, but I think as others have pointed out, just what sort of stats could he have possibly posted if our backline was in better form? Anyway, we specualte all we want on that, but the fact is he's on his way to Florida and I wish him well with Orlando.

bigredone
12-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Good Luck Mr. B!

May you leak like a sieve when playing us.