PDA

View Full Version : West Ham impressed with T.O

TFC FAN72
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Just thought I would share a great quote from West Ham's Striker Dean Ashton.

Reading his comments left me feeling very proud of our city and the fans that go out to the games week in and week out.

Keep it up everyone, for those in attendance last night KUDOS to you all for showing how great us TFC Fans really are.

"I was quite surprised at just how good the support was. That could've been any ground in England, it was that strong," Ashton said. "If I was a Toronto player, I'd love to play in front of that every week.

loconet
07-25-2008, 09:05 PM
We truly have something very special here. Let's keep it that way.

Respect goes out to all the boys and girls in the south end as well as all other supporter groups in the stadium. You kids will be, in great part, responsible for changing the history of the sport in this country.

ExiledRed
07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Imagine if he was here for a TFC game!:stogey:

The west ham players came to watch the impact game did they not?

TFC FAN72
07-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Imagine if he was here for a TFC game!:stogey:

Well I am fairly certain most of the team was in town on Tuesday, not sure how many actually watched the game.

I heard a few watched from private boxes, but that does not give you the full effect as standing in the stands and hearing and feeling the ROAR.:D

NateDoGG
07-25-2008, 09:14 PM
pure class ashton is, and he is very very right, toronto is great place for any pro sport

profit89
07-25-2008, 09:19 PM
props to all south enders... world class supporters !

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I think TO was made to look all the better after West Ham’s game in Columbus before a crowd of 9k. Must have been pretty freaking ‘apples and oranges’.

RPB_Brantford_08
07-25-2008, 09:21 PM
it was an enjoyable night....the better side won though...

james
07-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I dont know what hes talkin about, hes probably jsut saying that to be nice. The atmosphere was are worst ever at the All Star game.....and why wouldnt it, TFC wasnt playing and we only had 1 TFC player on the pitch for half the game. It was a game just to sit back and watch the skill some players had.

If he was there on Tuesday however id say then ya are atmosphere might have been morel like a stadium in England.

But really dont let this go over your heads, are supporting as far as singing all together and all still has a far way to go to ever be anythin even close to a atmosphere teams like Liverpool or West Ham would have game in and game out.

mr k
07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I dont know what hes talkin about, hes probably jsut saying that to be nice. The atmosphere was are worst ever at the All Star game.....and why wouldnt it, TFC wasnt playing and we only had 1 TFC player on the pitch for half the game. It was a game just to sit back and watch the skill some players had.

If he was there on Tuesday however id say then ya are atmosphere might have been morel like a stadium in England.

But really dont let this go over your heads, are supporting as far as singing all together and all still has a far way to go to ever be anythin even close to a atmosphere teams like Liverpool or West Ham would have game in and game out.

you're right, we're not even close to a Euro team atmosphere - we mostly have hockey style chants rather than songs.

We barely can keep anything going longer than 30 seconds. It's like we're going through the top 40 chants of the week. Plus, half of the time, these chants don't even match up with what's going on the field - since we seem to do only chants right - at least make it sync with the play on the field.

TFC FAN72
07-25-2008, 09:35 PM

From the same article, but from another player. I know he is only 19, but it appears as though the city of Toronto left an impression on players from both sides.

The All-Star Game was an eye-opening experience for defender Joe Widdowson. The 19-year-old product of the West Ham academy.
"It's great to play against him ... he's just a top man, really," Widdowson said. "It was crazy. It's the most people I've ever played in front of. It was definitely the biggest game of my life. It was just really good, I enjoyed it."

Raging Reggie
07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
i had really low expectation for the all star game and though it would be the worst atmosphere by far at BMO, but i actually really really enjoyed myself and thought it was pretty good. I went in thinking i was going to support west ham and jimmy B but i found that i just ended up laughing at the MLS players when they fucked up, cheering them when they scored or did good but still ended up yelling "i still hate you blanco! still hate ya!" after he scored and claping and cheerying them and singing with the west ham supporters, it was a fucked up atmosphere but i wouldnt say it was the worst by far at BMO, we were all in unision with canada and with the brennan chants. I was drinking at a bar with a lot of west ham supporters and they really loved canada and us fans and i stressed to them it would have been much much better if it was west ham vs TFC

TFC FAN72
07-25-2008, 09:43 PM
you're right, we're not even close to a Euro team atmosphere - we mostly have hockey style chants rather than songs.

We barely can keep anything going longer than 30 seconds. It's like we're going through the top 40 chants of the week. Plus, half of the time, these chants don't even match up with what's going on the field - since we seem to do only chants right - at least make it sync with the play on the field.

Not going to disagree with your post, but I was only intending on trying to let everyone know to keep positive because it seems as though WE, as TFC Supporters are being noticed and to give each other a pat on the back for the wonderful job everyone has done in the short time we have had a club to cheer for.

I for one am proud to be a TFC Fan as we showed players from abroad we are as serious about Football as they are, but without the history (YET);) and experience. But that will come, we are still learning.

BigD
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM

It definately wasn't a TFC game ... but the support we showed when we demanded Brennen was awsome. And the cheering for DeRo.

Ashton probably knew that the All-Stars weren't OUR players and the support we showed for Jimmy B and DeRo were indicative of what we can do when we have our guys out there.

james
07-25-2008, 10:41 PM

ya, ive been noticing that more and more. People singing 'ole ole' when we are down 2-0 is just stupid. We really need to use are chants with whats going on the field. Are songs for the most part arent sync and you can here 3 differrent songs going on through out the south stand.

But on the plus side it is only are second season, and among the best in MLS. Many Euro clubs have +100 years of history with many having supporting groups/Ultras/firms that are +30 years.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
07-25-2008, 11:07 PM
stop hating , have you actually been to a match in england ??? i have bmo field is a great atmosphere because we make it one , sure in england the *fans* are more like supporters but support in england really isint that big , nothing like south america or other places in europe........ if we all look into the history books we will be reminded why........ maybe not close to liverpool but i bet we'd give the hammers a run , also note that not all hardcore tfc supporters have seasons ticks and have to get what they can game-game........ :canada::canada:

windsorlad111
07-25-2008, 11:20 PM
anyone who thinks the support at TFC isn't comparable to an English match doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about. I've been to a load of English matches across all divisions and TFC fans should be proud of what they produce in the stadium. And anyone who wants to criticise our behaviour at the All Star game needs to realise that about 15000 TFC fans had tickets, so any hope of 'MLS' support was gone before it even started. We showed once agin that we are there doing what we do because we enjoy it and because we are committed to Toronto. We're there because we are TFC fans and it's our house.

BigD
07-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I went to a Fulham vs Reading match at Craven Cottage last November (I know it is not the big teams but was still Premiership). The stadium holds about 24000 - so similar to BMO Field.

Overall the atmosphere at BMO is far better than it is was at the Cottage. I sat in the Reading away supporters section and i have to say 111/112 at BMO were better - though it was close - but it was all their away fans.

Edit: favorite chant from that day by the supporters - "We are the left side of the stands" "We are the right side of the stands" - some people will cheer for anything :)

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2008, 11:38 PM
stop hating , have you actually been to a match in england ??? i have bmo field is a great atmosphere because we make it one , sure in england the *fans* are more like supporters but support in england really isint that big , nothing like south america or other places in europe........ if we all look into the history books we will be reminded why........ maybe not close to liverpool but i bet we'd give the hammers a run , also note that not all hardcore tfc supporters have seasons ticks and have to get what they can game-game........ :canada::canada:

I agree with mostly everything in that post.

In addition to your points, most English clubs have been in existence since the 19th century, where as TFC was born just last year. People should stop looking across the pond for approval and do their own thing. Instead of forcing others to do what they think everyone should do, people should just let the support grow organically.

windsorlad111
07-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I agree with STANDUPIFYOUHATECHELSEA.. except he's obviously a lame-o if the best name he can come up with is one that mentions a team he hates rather than one he supports. tool.

flatpicker
07-26-2008, 01:53 AM
I say to the doubters out there...the atmosphere was great!

Yes it started a little slowly during much of the first half... but after that the energy was quite high.
Better than some TFC games I would say.

KdotOdot
07-26-2008, 08:28 AM

Oh shut the fuck up.

Go live in Europe if you want the "European" atmosphere. I'll stay here and let this BRAND NEW thing of our develop.

Heathen
07-26-2008, 08:38 AM
love this board, TFC fans get praised and there's always someone piping up "oh they're just being nice", "we're not as good as English fans". Have they seen an EPL game? honestly the atmosphere there is shit these days, no one stands all through the game, sometimes it's so quiet you can hear the players and half the crowd are fucking tourists. I'm just glad I got to witness it they way it was 20 years ago, poor bastards today are deprived.

Draracle
07-26-2008, 09:02 AM
I had a great time. The game was fantastic, the plays were sublime, and the crowd was having a riot. In my section anyway.

Pinkie
07-26-2008, 09:28 AM
People singing 'ole ole' when we are down 2-0 is just stupid.

When was the last time we were down 2-0 at home? (Hint: not this year!)

mclaren
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Some people on here don't know how to take a compliment! Just enjoy it, no big deal.

Super
07-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I also enjoyed the game. In the first half we proved our point by not singing. Second half was different. Let's not forget that the world is watching and I thought it made for a great contrast to open up for the chants in the second half. Everyone noticed. If we stayed quiet the whole game everyone would just think that Toronto is not a football town. Now they know different.

Smenge
07-26-2008, 11:24 AM
You want excitement? Get tickets to as AS Roma game, and sit with the ultras (the real ones, not ours), and enjoy getting your face kicked, darts thrown at your neck, and cheap beer splashed on your back. You can have fun joining them in song, particularly when they do the nazi salute chant, that is nice.....enjoy what you have here in Toronto, I think BMO is a horrible stadium, but the atmosphere is superb, and you can go home without a stop at an emergency clinic.

GabrielHurl
07-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Well I am fairly certain most of the team was in town on Tuesday, not sure how many actually watched the game.

I heard a few watched from private boxes, but that does not give you the full effect as standing in the stands and hearing and feeling the ROAR.:D

There were about 10 Hammers players sitting watching the game in section 128 including, Boa Morte, Bellamy and Anton Ferdinand

Roogsy
07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
When was the last time we were down 2-0 at home? (Hint: not this year!)

But it did happen when we were tied with Montreal (meaning we were in danger of being knocked out of the tournament) and people started singing it...as the game was winding down.

I could have shot somebody.

james
07-26-2008, 07:57 PM

first off for all you people saying have you ever been to a game in England, YES I HAVE. Been to 8 matches. Some Premiership, some Championship and one in League 1. And yes i am well aware of South America supporters, the craziest in the world. And i never said are atmosphere was shit here in Toronto....just not anythin like Liverpool or West Ham because they can actually sing a full song, clear, all in sync, and you can here word for word. I think we have a better party atmsophere, we can be dam loud, but come on you gotta agree we can never hold a chant for more then 20-30 seconds and constently we have different chants going on through the stadium. You ever tape some of are home matches and watch them later on TV? well when ever i do i listen for us and you can barely here what we are singing for the most part, its just loud noise more then anything. Id say we are better then some clubs, but we got alot of work to do to get are chants and songs together. If we can do that.....then i will say we will be one of the best around.

james
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh shut the fuck up.

Go live in Europe if you want the "European" atmosphere. I'll stay here and let this BRAND NEW thing of our develop.

go fuck yourself. All you guys on this board do is praise how great are atmosphere as if its like being in beanos aries at a Boca Juniors match and when some people come in here and tell you its not the greatest you all get a knot in your panties. ya were alright, but we still can inprove alot.

MG42
07-26-2008, 08:05 PM
:leaving:

james
07-26-2008, 08:11 PM
love this board, TFC fans get praised and there's always someone piping up "oh they're just being nice", "we're not as good as English fans". Have they seen an EPL game? honestly the atmosphere there is shit these days, no one stands all through the game, sometimes it's so quiet you can hear the players and half the crowd are fucking tourists. I'm just glad I got to witness it they way it was 20 years ago, poor bastards today are deprived.

from some matches ive been to id say us Toronto FC fans create a better atmosphere then charalton or Conventry, but a team like Portsmouth blew me away. Ya we are loud, but the Portsmouth atmosphere was dam loud and everyone was singing the same song loud and clear...thats what i am referring to when i say we have a long way to go to be like SOME English clubs because we seem to have a problem with singing together.

Roogsy
07-26-2008, 08:17 PM
go fuck yourself. All you guys on this board do is praise how great are atmosphere as if its like being in beanos aries at a Boca Juniors match and when some people come in here and tell you its not the greatest you all get a knot in your panties. ya were alright, but we still can inprove alot.

I agree...sometimes the people on this board pat themselves on the back a little. But I haven't seen it as much lately.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone compare it to Buenos Aires or any other huge football city (like Rio), but I think we have reason to be proud of what the fans in this city have done. Toronto has never seen anything like this.

Canary Canuck
07-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Some atmospheres in England are great and some are ok. For instance, got the chance to see a Champions League game at Anfield and the Kop was really something to behold in person. However, been to several Norwich games and despite consistently selling out for the past 5 years or so the crowd is really quiet. The best atmosphere i've ever seen at Carrow Road was made by the visiting Leeds fans

Dirk Diggler
07-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Man, obviously our atmosphere is not as good as Liverpool. That's like me saying that Honda Accord is a very good car and someone else saying "Fuck No!" and pointing out that its nowhere as good as Mercedes Benz CL.

FluSH
07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Well...

As of late I'm exclusively posting in the members only section (because this part of the forums is a joke...) However this is what I have to say:

To me the best fans (vocally at a stadium) are in England... and these are my reasons: no capos, no megaphones, no big bombos, no gimmicks.

That is not to take away from the great atmosphere in South America, or the insane visuals in Eastern Europe. All of these places bring an element to the game that I hope we can incorporate... (and why not we are diverse enough to pull it off).

Anyhow...

We've seen what 112 is without drums... yeah some people might be impressed by our support but we have a long long way to go. In fact, we are not even the best in the MLS...Barra Brava holds that title, and unless most of you stop posting less on these boards and start helping making banners, holding flags, printing song sheets, and/or planning for choreos... we ain't going nowhere... real fast.

Bluenose13
07-26-2008, 09:22 PM
^^Tough to argue that logic.....Well said.

james
07-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Well...

As of late I'm exclusively posting in the members only section (because this part of the forums is a joke...) However this is what I have to say:

To me the best fans (vocally at a stadium) are in England... and these are my reasons: no capos, no megaphones, no big bombos, no gimmicks.

That is not to take away from the great atmosphere in South America, or the insane visuals in Eastern Europe. All of these places bring an element to the game that I hope we can incorporate... (and why not we are diverse enough to pull it off).

Anyhow...

We've seen what 112 is without drums... yeah some people might be impressed by our support but we have a long long way to go. In fact, we are not even the best in the MLS...Barra Brava holds that title, and unless most of you stop posting less on these boards and start helping making banners, holding flags, printing song sheets, and/or planning for choreos... we ain't going nowhere... real fast.

id help you out if you need any banners and flags in the near future, just give me a shout or PM me or somethin man.

james
07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Man, obviously our atmosphere is not as good as Liverpool. That's like me saying that Honda Accord is a very good car and someone else saying "Fuck No!" and pointing out that its nowhere as good as Mercedes Benz CL.

i know what you mean, reason i said Liverpool is because i think West Ham, Liverpool and few other clubs are some of the best atmospheres in England. And i say West Ham because thats who ashton plays for and who made the original coment.

FluSH
07-26-2008, 09:28 PM
id help you out if you need any banners and flags in the near future, just give me a shout or PM me or somethin man.

Thanks man... I appreciate it!

Any more volunteers feel free to help! :D

james
07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree...sometimes the people on this board pat themselves on the back a little. But I haven't seen it as much lately.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone compare it to Buenos Aires or any other huge football city (like Rio), but I think we have reason to be proud of what the fans in this city have done. Toronto has never seen anything like this.

k ill agree with those coments. But id still like to inprove our support. And i guess i mentioned Bunos Airies because i hear a bit to much praise about are support between media and this message board. It seems like people are just trying to sell are atmosphere a bit over kill if you know what i mean. With all the talk of how great are atmosphere is it makes me start to think we are like Boca Juniors. But i never did think are atmosphere was bad if thats what some people were thinking on here.

FluSH
07-26-2008, 09:32 PM
P.S. Now here's a plug:

Check out the songs/chants section from time 2 time... at least feel free to say a song is shit every now and then... so we don't waste our time! haha

TFC FAN72
07-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks man... I appreciate it!

Any more volunteers feel free to help! :D

I would offer to help out, but normally things are done during the week and with work and then kids, a little tough to get away.

FluSH
07-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I would offer to help out, but normally things are done during the week and with work and then kids, a little tough to get away.

cool np we will look into future weekend sessions... this is a valid point! thanks 4 the offer nonetheless.

David
07-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I say to the doubters out there...the atmosphere was great!

Yes it started a little slowly during much of the first half... but after that the energy was quite high.
Better than some TFC games I would say.

Wasn't there supposed to be a protest going on :noidea:

james
07-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be a protest going on :noidea:

i know, haha

that is what really made me think about ashtons comment on saying how great are support was. When in actual fact TFC wasnt playing so are support wasnt gonna be as good anyways, we only had 1 TFC player on the pitch for half the game and only really cheered when he was on the field, and we also were purposely trying to be quiet. So how could we possibly have a great atmosphere.

The reason i said he probably said are support was good and being nice was because lots of people showed up, 20,800, and the media probably asked him how good the atmosphere was......and of course whats he gonna say, no it was horrible to all the people that showed up. So of course he said it was good. A TFC vs West Ham would of been much better.

james
07-27-2008, 02:03 AM
cool np we will look into future weekend sessions... this is a valid point! thanks 4 the offer nonetheless.

i work everywhere, weekdays/weekends/nights/days, but if you need help and all ill try to fit it in. Id love to help in on banners and shit cause i love them and untill the whole south end is full we can always keep making more:D. By the way flush what was that little scruffle at the end of the all star game about?

ExiledRed
07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Well...

As of late I'm exclusively posting in the members only section (because this part of the forums is a joke...) .

You know what?

Why not go the full mile, and make the entire board members only?

Then the implosion of RPB will be complete.

pubboy
07-27-2008, 08:11 AM
from some matches ive been to id say us Toronto FC fans create a better atmosphere then charalton or Conventry, but a team like Portsmouth blew me away. Ya we are loud, but the Portsmouth atmosphere was dam loud and everyone was singing the same song loud and clear...thats what i am referring to when i say we have a long way to go to be like SOME English clubs because we seem to have a problem with singing together.
OK. Firstly, i'm not sure how many Coventry games you have been to. I held a season ticket at Coventry for 15 years before i moved to Toronto. The atmosphere at the games was always intense at Highfield Road - passion, anger, frustration, uphoria, and best of all were the sings and chants - sung by most of the crowd. I think now that Coventry have moved to their new Stadium with capacity of 36000, it is more difficutl to get teeh same atmosphere if they only average 20,000 in the Championship. Hopefully things will change in the near future as they make a push for promotion.
Secondly on the singing, i have been to 100's of English football games. The biggest difference between TFC and England is the songs and the lack of unity when singing. Each team have one song which they sing - loud and proud and together. Of course there are many songs and chants sung throughout the game, but there is usually one which unites everyone - West Ham is I'm forever blowing bubbles, Coventry is the Sky Blue Song (and possably twist and shout !) and so on. The noise is good in the south side, but even where i sit (113) i hear 3 or 4 different songs at the same time. This creates good noise, but if everyone was singing teh same song together, it would make the hair stand up on the back of your heads !

FluSH
07-27-2008, 08:23 AM
You know what?

Why not go the full mile, and make the entire board members only?

Then the implosion of RPB will be complete.

You mean like other supporter groups around the world?

Weevil
07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
just that main post alone made me feel alittle better about things. still healing tho : (

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
07-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I agree with STANDUPIFYOUHATECHELSEA.. except he's obviously a lame-o if the best name he can come up with is one that mentions a team he hates rather than one he supports. tool.

well its actually a chant i turned into my name and yes , i do hate chelsea .......why ? Because they suck !!!!!!!!!!:canada::canada:

james
07-27-2008, 07:36 PM
OK. Firstly, i'm not sure how many Coventry games you have been to. I held a season ticket at Coventry for 15 years before i moved to Toronto. The atmosphere at the games was always intense at Highfield Road - passion, anger, frustration, uphoria, and best of all were the sings and chants - sung by most of the crowd. I think now that Coventry have moved to their new Stadium with capacity of 36000, it is more difficutl to get teeh same atmosphere if they only average 20,000-25,000 in the Championship. Hopefully things will change in the near future as they make a push for promotion.
Secondly on the singing, i have been to 100's of English football games. The biggest difference between TFC and England is the songs and the lack of unity when singing. Each team have one song which they sing - loud and proud and together. Of course there are many songs and chants sung throughout the game, but there is usually one which unites everyone - West Ham is I'm forever blowing bubbles, Coventry is the Sky Blue Song (and possably twist and shout !) and so on. The noise is good in the south side, but even where i sit (113) i hear 3 or 4 different songs at the same time. This creates good noise, but if everyone was singing teh same song together, it would make the hair stand up on the back of your heads !

ya the match i went to was Conventry vs Luton and it was at there new stadium. The attendence that game i think was about 20,000-25,000 as you say. But ya im sure the atmosphere use to be alot better at the old stadium. But now when i went it was pretty dam quiet. Everyone was sitting down and they barely sang. There might of been maybe 3 or 4 times when the whole end behind the net broke into song, which was pretty cool, but for the majority of the match there was no chanting or anything.

I dont think they are the only team though that have moved into new stadiums and the atmosphere just went down. Ive herd the atmosphere at Manchester Cities new stadium is pretty bad compared to what it use to be. I dont know what the cause is....maybe higher ticket prices or something. Its kind of like the Leafs, the Maple Leaf gardens use to be pretty decent atmosphere, they moved to the ACC and ticket price sky rocketed and the atmosphere became more like a libary.

twistedchinaman
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
You want excitement? Get tickets to as AS Roma game, and sit with the ultras (the real ones, not ours), and enjoy getting your face kicked, darts thrown at your neck, and cheap beer splashed on your back. You can have fun joining them in song, particularly when they do the nazi salute chant, that is nice.....enjoy what you have here in Toronto, I think BMO is a horrible stadium, but the atmosphere is superb, and you can go home without a stop at an emergency clinic.

Can we safely assume you have had first-hand experience, then?

dag
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
trifey - if it hasn't already been mentioned, your sig = TRUTH

MG42
07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
trifey - if it hasn't already been mentioned, your sig = TRUTH

LOL it was done after a day of extreme frustration...the infamous July 22 2008...Black Tuesday

ginkster88
07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
In my opinion, a lot of our disorganization stems from the fact that we have no roof on the stadium to keep the sound in. There's no way to hear what the SW corner are doing let alone the NW corner. I remember one occasion where we did le massive with them, but I could hardly hear them at all because they were all the way across the pitch; it was a miracle that it even happened. The only real experience I have had with a loud crowd under a roof was at the UFC event in Montreal... you could hear every word the crowd was saying, and as soon as a chant started, it spread like wildfire because everybody knew what they were supposed to be saying. Anyway, I just saw those renderings of the proposed Vancouver stadium and am just quite pissy and envious right now... I hate the city and MLSE and BMO Failed very much right about now.

Vancouver stadium:
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/stadium/

King Tut
07-28-2008, 02:59 AM
There were about 10 Hammers players sitting watching the game in section 128 including, Boa Morte, Bellamy and Anton Ferdinand

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v273/150/11/172011656/n172011656_36167553_8779.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v273/150/11/172011656/n172011656_36167554_9663.jpg

KdotOdot
07-28-2008, 06:54 AM

I know it's "not the greatest" you white van driving creep. I said it's DEVELOPING!!

We know it's not the best, but people have to understand it's DEVELOPING!

koryo
07-28-2008, 07:00 AM
In fact, we are not even the best in the MLS...Barra Brava holds that title, and unless most of you stop posting less on these boards and start helping making banners, holding flags, printing song sheets, and/or planning for choreos... we ain't going nowhere... real fast.

Post of the year. We have too many people hanging about in this group so that they can soak in the atmosphere (ie: be a spectator). Not nearly enough are getting off their backsides to help CREATE AND DEVELOP the atmosphere.

This isn't a fucking frat house. If that's why you're here then get the fuck out.

james
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I know it's "not the greatest" you white van driving creep. I said it's DEVELOPING!!

We know it's not the best, but people have to understand it's DEVELOPING!

haha, white driving van creep must be someone else because i dont even have a license, im broke and have bad eye site so cant get one. And i hope we are developing, its hard to tell these days if we are getting better or not. Guess gotta learn along the way. But the main reason i made the first point about us not being as good as some England clubs is because i think many people give are selfs to much credit on how good are atmosphere is. We are good, but got long way from the best!

Brooker
07-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Post of the year. We have too many people hanging about in this group so that they can soak in the atmosphere (ie: be a spectator). Not nearly enough are getting off their backsides to help CREATE AND DEVELOP the atmosphere.

This isn't a fucking frat house. If that's why you're here then get the fuck out.

the redpatchboys shouldnt have thought of offering people membership by simply paying 20 dollars or whatever it is.

oh you can be an official member, no problem!!! you don't even need to show us your passion or even hang out with us at Shoeless!!!!!.... just give us money and welcome aboard! :noidea:

until that changes i don't think you have any grounds to get mad at a rpb for being lazy as far as helping out goes. even though it pisses me off too.

my bigger problem is with people in 112 who show up and don't fucking sing or do anything. just stand there with blank expressions. that's a bit more annoying. :D

koryo
07-29-2008, 12:25 AM
the redpatchboys shouldnt have thought of offering people membership by simply paying 20 dollars or whatever it is.

did they not think that could possibly lead to lazy supporters? oh you can be an official member, no problem!!! you don't even need to show us your passion or even hang out with us at Shoeless!!!!!.... just give us money and welcome aboard! :noidea:

my bigger problem is with people in 112 who show up and don't fucking sing or do anything. just stand there with blank expressions. that's a bit more annoying. :D

This must change. The only other option is to tear down this so-called group and start over. Otherwise, we're wasting our time.

Brooker
07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
agreed.

hell i love the rpb and i'll still show up everygame in the bunker to sing my heart out...

but there doesnt seem to be much direction at all lately.... rudderless.

james
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
ya we gotta get organized in 112, and the rest of the south end. Really the North End Elite are more organized then any group in the South End!

CretanBull
07-29-2008, 01:25 AM
but there doesnt seem to be much direction at all lately.... rudderless.

I strongly disagree. We have a huge group of people and we're very open by nature....by virtue of that, we're never going to have everyone on the same page. In recent weeks, we've pulled off a successfull protest in co-ordination with other supporters groups and we've bought and sold just under 600 tickets to a CMNT game. That hardly sounds like a group that lacks direction or leadership (which, ultimately is what you're questioning when you say that we're "rudderless").

Brooker
07-29-2008, 01:53 AM
im talking about TFC and 112, man.... thats where theres no direction. dunno what your talking about as far as CMNT games go. that's a different matter.

112 has been open season this year. tourists and mostly a free for all.

saying section 112 has been rudderless most of the time this season is damn accurate. i wish it wasn't.

I have yet to meet or see the president of my section/rpb....i mean, it is apparantly RPB territory.... that makes me wonder.

i wish we had more Flush's.

CretanBull
07-29-2008, 02:31 AM
^ sorry for the confusion. in your first post you made a criticism of the RPBs as a group and then moved on to more direct criticisms of 112 - when you said that things were directionless it was difficult to tell if that was leveled agains the group or 112. My comments were meant as a defense against the suggestion that as a group we lacked direction. As for 112, I have little to say about it - I rarely sit there.