PDA

View Full Version : Former Red Danny Califf hurt in E-Cigarette Explosion [graphic picture]

Red CB Toronto
11-20-2015, 12:54 PM
So sorry to just read this that former Red Danny Califf was hurt when his E-Cigarette exploded. This is very unfortnate and hopefully they can get to the bottom of this and prevent anyone else being hurt in the future.

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/kabc/images/cms/111915-kabc-face-danny-califf-1-img.jpg

http://abc7.com/1092027/

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/20/former-toronto-fc-defender-danny-califf-severely-injured-by-exploding-e-cigarette

eustacchio
11-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Those things explode a lot more than you might think.

C.Ronaldo
11-20-2015, 02:07 PM
thats terrible

is it the liquid inside that explodes?

eustacchio
11-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Usually the battery is faulty.

Ivy
11-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Omgwtf?!!!

Mateo1985
11-20-2015, 02:47 PM
damn and there I was thinking about buying one of these shits

ronzilla
11-20-2015, 04:59 PM
That is sad. The battery must pack a real punch to do that much damage.

I quit the "stinkies" 2 years ago with the help of ecig and never had any problems. Cell phones have aslo been reported of exploding.

Redcoe15
11-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Yuck! I didn't need to see that picture.

[NBF]
11-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Yuck! I didn't need to see that picture.

That's some bad luck, on top of not knowing what the harmful effects of vaping, if that can happen I would be cautious.

:)So will he be drawing in his slopes from now on or will he need a pubic implants like Rooney?

Super
11-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Why is it taking this long for the Government to find a way to regulate these things? They are clearly a much better option than smoking cigarettes, and I know many people who have quit thanks to them vs other ways such as cold turkey, the patch, the gum. So since smoking kills so many people, why isn't it a top priority to find a way to study these things, the effects, and the safety of ecigs, etc? Think about it. Ecigs are currently the number one thing that gets people off of smoking right now - and the Gov doesn't want to even spend a dime on figuring out how to make it work. Hard not to get conspiratorial about this.

Regulate the ecigs as you would anything else. Me thinks they might be nervous about losing out on more cigarette taxes.. Why else would Health Canada fight the ecigs so hard when so many doctors say it's a much better option than smoking cigarettes - if completely quitting nicotine have otherwise proven to impossible. Ecigs have nicotine + a couple more things for taste. Cigarettes have nicotine + 200 other chemicals, some of which kill you. Just saying..

MartinUtd
11-21-2015, 01:16 AM
That is both sad and horrifying.

But why was he holding the ecig up to his ear?

bigredone
11-21-2015, 07:52 AM
I have heard they hum or crackle when over heated/used. Perhaps he was listening to it.

Just as aerosol sprays and lighters can leak, and/or explode. Proper care must be taken when using it. Perhaps it was a faulty e-cig, who knows. These devices are commonly modified by amateurs to increase the power and there have been may cases of those exploding.