PDA

View Full Version : Framed TFC pics

Cuppy
11-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Anyone aware of any locations which sell TFC framed pics. Ideally Im looking for a pic of Seba goal against Redbulls which put TFC through to the playoffs. not the greatest result a few weeks later but this night with Bautista's bat flip will forever be etched in my mind. i did see when the suits were trying to sell seasons tix at BMO a few framed TFC pieces but they were not for sale.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated

jimiv
11-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Most Newspapers will sell you prints of their photos or put you in touch with the photographers, contact the paper's photo desks...
Toronto Sun: torsun.citydesk@sunmedia.ca
Toronto Star: edtphotoasign@thestar.ca

Red CB Toronto
11-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Anyone aware of any locations which sell TFC framed pics. Ideally Im looking for a pic of Seba goal against Redbulls which put TFC through to the playoffs. not the greatest result a few weeks later but this night with Bautista's bat flip will forever be etched in my mind. i did see when the suits were trying to sell seasons tix at BMO a few framed TFC pieces but they were not for sale.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated

Let me see see what I may be able to come up with, between myself and my good buddy Klinnsman on the boards , we are advid collectors of TFC photos , which we make print of and get autographed. I am sure I would be able to come up with a great pic of Seba for you.

Klinsmann
11-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Wasn't it Herc's goal that put us into the playoffs? He put us up 1 - 0. Even if we finished 1 - 1 a tie would have got us into the playoffs. Here's the Herc goal celebration pic.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/12079916_10153064791316805_3767786267105721061_o.j pg

Klinsmann
11-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Here's a nice seba pic from the Colorado game

MOD EDIT: That image has copyright restrictions.

Cuppy
11-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Let me see see what I may be able to come up with, between myself and my good buddy Klinnsman on the boards , we are advid collectors of TFC photos , which we make print of and get autographed. I am sure I would be able to come up with a great pic of Seba for you.
Appreciate what u can do. Keep in touch

Phil
11-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Guys, Please make sure that images posted don't violate copyright rules.

Thanks

Oldtimer
11-03-2015, 10:39 AM
A photographer has asked us to take down actual photo posts (copy write violation).

greatwhitenorf
11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Most Newspapers will sell you prints of their photos or put you in touch with the photographers, contact the paper's photo desks...
Toronto Sun: torsun.citydesk@sunmedia.ca
Toronto Star: edtphotoasign@thestar.ca

They're not licensed by the league or the club to sell images. The credentials they're granted only allow them reproduction rights for editorial purposes, not re-sale. Same applies to all major sports leagues.

Try contacting the club and see if they'll put you in touch with team photog Paul Giamou. Great shooter and a class act with kids to feed and clothe. Well worth supporting with a few dollars. I believe that's his shot up above of Gomez celebrating a goal.

Red CB Toronto
11-03-2015, 03:38 PM
They're not licensed by the league or the club to sell images. The credentials they're granted only allow them reproduction rights for editorial purposes, not re-sale. Same applies to all major sports leagues.

Try contacting the club and see if they'll put you in touch with team photog Paul Giamou. Great shooter and a class act with kids to feed and clothe. Well worth supporting with a few dollars. I believe that's his shot up above of Gomez celebrating a goal.

Actually a newspaper can sell photography's taken by their own staff phototogs, if it's say a photo from CP they can not.

eustacchio
11-03-2015, 04:15 PM
It's kind of murky territory - depends on how prominent logos and things like that.

It also depends on whether or not the team will enforce the copyright. If they sell you a one-off, big deal. If they put them into mass production, well that's different.

greatwhitenorf
11-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Actually a newspaper can sell photography's taken by their own staff phototogs, if it's say a photo from CP they can not.

The terms under which league or club photo credentials are issued these days are quite specific about usages. Commercial re-sales of players or game action images are not permitted. That's not to say a media entity couldn't acquire or participate in a licensed arrangement. For example, The Star's images are distributed by Getty Images, who are league photo agency for the NHL, NBA, MLB and others.

But I don't see The Star actively promoting the sale of their images of the Jays, Leafs, Raptors, TFCers. The Argos, on the other hand, would probably love it if someone wanted to buy a shot of their players.

Best option if you want pictures to frame is take your own or buy from a licensed source.