PDA

View Full Version : Possible U Sector Bus to Montreal/travel thread

Red4ever
10-26-2015, 01:00 AM
Same day bus. Ball park of $75 bucks.

http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?/forums/topic/18949-same-day-bus-to-montreal-thursday-playoff-game/

Ivy
10-26-2015, 01:21 AM
They're letting other groups in on it?

Red4ever
10-26-2015, 01:25 AM
My understanding is they have to fill it to be able to go. I would think in the short term they would take whoever.

My impression.

Ivy
10-26-2015, 01:27 AM
I don't really know any of the USec guys like that... Can anybody ask them? If so, I'm sure they'll get a lot of interest here.

German21
10-26-2015, 07:26 AM
Beats driving there and back the same day

zeelaw
10-26-2015, 08:43 AM
I don't really know any of the USec guys like that... Can anybody ask them? If so, I'm sure they'll get a lot of interest here.

Since Day 1 the two groups have shared buses, everything is always good.

Red4ever
10-26-2015, 11:34 AM
They need our help to fill it. Please head to that thread to indicate your Interest.

Red4ever
10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Bumping this. They need people or it won't happen.

Cashcleaner
10-27-2015, 07:48 AM
Guys, if you have an opportunity to take a bus with U-Sector and you want to see the game, do it! I went on a trip with them with a friend to Montreal many years ago, but still remember it well. Great bunch of guys to ride the bus with.

james
10-27-2015, 12:28 PM
No one knows what the count is at.

Phil
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Waiting on news regarding discipline.

Blizzard
10-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Waiting on news regarding discipline.

I'm betting that MLS is dragging this out as long as possible. They'll announce we can go very late in the game and for many it will be too late. Strategic sabotage. Saves them a potential headache I guess.

Sucks for us though.

Phil
10-27-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm betting that MLS is dragging this out as long as possible. They'll announce we can go very late in the game and for many it will be too late. Strategic sabotage. Saves them a potential headache I guess.

Sucks for us though.

That would be best case. However I think there is probably a pretty good discussion going on between TFC and the MLS. It feels like hurry up and wait right now though.

Ivy
10-27-2015, 12:40 PM

Sucks for us though.
I think they might be the case too.
A delay basically becomes a ban on organized travel.

Thats being said, my money stands on this:
1. Organized travel ban for a year
2. No support at BMO for 3-4 games.
3. TFC fined / pays for repairs at Saputo.

Phil
10-27-2015, 12:41 PM

yup, that is my worst case. But it can get much worse though.

/sigh

james
10-27-2015, 12:44 PM
So can we not just buy tickets are self in 112 upper section and build are own away section?

And is the bus from U-Sec still happening?

james
10-27-2015, 12:46 PM
To be honest we need to stop coming up with the idea of away fans banned and Montreal fining Toronto and all this stuff, we all get these ideas because we have seen it in Europe and stuff. Stop giving them idea.

Phil
10-27-2015, 12:46 PM
So can we not just buy tickets are self in 112 upper section and build are own away section?

Usector have posted that they are not making the call on the bus until the issue is resolved. However 112 tickets are up to everyone to book and try for.

Ivy
10-27-2015, 12:47 PM
To be honest we need to stop coming up with the idea of away fans banned and Montreal fining Toronto and all this stuff, we all get these ideas because we have seen it in Europe and stuff. Stop giving them idea.
It's been done in MLS, many, many times. See MTL, Houston, LA...

Ivy
10-27-2015, 12:49 PM

I, and others, still have tickets in 112 and they weren't cancelled (yet). So my trip is still a go.
The only thing is, if we don't sell out the section, they'll be Impact fans mixed in.

james
10-27-2015, 12:53 PM
I, and others, still have tickets in 112 and they weren't cancelled (yet). So my trip is still a go.
The only thing is, if we don't sell out the section, they'll be Impact fans mixed in.

that could be awkward. Unless they just move us to the back of 112 anyways.

I need to know by about 4:30 today, because while i have bus ready to book (going the day before tho, taking Mega bus up for $85 return, got hotels ready to go, just need to know about the tickets if we going or not. got 2.5 hours left or I have to cancel.

GonfiaLaRete
10-27-2015, 12:58 PM

I need to know by about 4:30 today, because while i have bus ready to book (going the day before tho, taking Mega bus up for $85 return, got hotels ready to go, just need to know about the tickets if we going or not. got 2.5 hours left or I have to cancel.

Just but tickets in 112(lower part) on ticketmaster. If away fans are blocked (the upper part of 112) then you still go. If it isnt blocked then you just walk up and join the rest. No need for cancel your trip. TFC fans can still get tickets anywhere in the stadium except those 15 rows or so as of now. It is like people are looking for an excuse not to go.

Ivy
10-27-2015, 12:58 PM

Just go anyway... Go support your Reds. They'll be other people there, don't worry.

Pinkie
10-27-2015, 01:00 PM

Myself and a few ppl I know bought tickets on ticketmaster in 112. easy peasy.

Auzzy
10-27-2015, 01:03 PM

yup, that is my worst case. But it can get much worse though.

/sigh

Wow that would be bad news. I wonder, what were the repercussions when Montreal fans tore out seats in the away supporters section at BMO Field a few years ago, threw those & other things down at fans below, etc? I can't remember hearing about any sanctions. (I also can't remember if that was an MLS game.)

Oldtimer
10-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Wow that would be bad news. I wonder, what were the repercussions when Montreal fans tore out seats in the away supporters section at BMO Field a few years ago, threw those & other things down at fans below, etc? I can't remember hearing about any sanctions. (I also can't remember if that was an MLS game.)

TBH a small segment of the Toronto fanbase are significantly worse than UM02. I wouldn't point any fingers at Montreal's SGs for sure.

Blizzard
10-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Usector have posted that they are not making the call on the bus until the issue is resolved. However 112 tickets are up to everyone to book and try for.

Lower 112 only though. Seats in Row W to Row JJ are not available presumably as they are still being held for away support until the MLS decision is made (I guess).

Blizzard
10-27-2015, 01:18 PM

They were spitting on us too. It was disgusting. Also don't recall hearing anything about sanctions but holy hell, how much more stupid could those guys have been on Sunday!?!?

Fort York Redcoat
10-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Guys

This is the thread about the Usector bus. Let them know if you're in and then make a backup just in case.

james
10-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Guys

This is the thread about the Usector bus. Let them know if you're in and then make a backup just in case.

people who need a back up plan, they also do Mega bus rides from Downtown Toronto to Downtown Montreal, buses almost every hour, $85-$120 return. VIA rail, bit expensive booking last minute as the cheap tickets seem to be sold out, looking at over $200 return. Or Fly, looking at $200-$300. Or if anyone knows someone who can drive.

Red CB Toronto
10-27-2015, 01:58 PM

You do not have to wait, just buy a ticket off ticketmaster, even in 112. This decision has no bearing on you being able to go. I have been to Saputo in the past with 10 others, no matter how big, how small it's always worth it.

Justin10000
10-27-2015, 02:21 PM
You do not have to wait, just buy a ticket off ticketmaster, even in 112. This decision has no bearing on you being able to go. I have been to Saputo in the past with 10 others, no matter how big, how small it's always worth it.

Exactly.

I'm going with a couple of friends, and we're going to enjoy ourselves. We can all meet at Mclean's pre game!

james
10-27-2015, 02:37 PM

alright well me and 2 friends just booked are shit, we got 3 in the furthest row we could in 112 (which is I guess the first row in front of what may or may not be the supporters section).

We are doing a Wednesday morning - Friday morning trip.

Justin10000
10-27-2015, 03:15 PM
So there won't be a travel ban according to Kurt Larson. From Twitter.

Blizzard
10-27-2015, 03:53 PM
So there won't be a travel ban according to Kurt Larson. From Twitter.

New U-Sector thread on bus. http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?/forums/topic/18951-new-bus-to-montreal-for-playoffs-thread/

We gotta hit 50 or it doesn't happen so spread the word on get on board!!!

Blizzard
10-27-2015, 05:56 PM
New U-Sector thread on bus. http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?/forums/topic/18951-new-bus-to-montreal-for-playoffs-thread/

We gotta hit 50 or it doesn't happen so spread the word on get on board!!!

Cut off is noon! If we don't hit 50 or close to it,there will not be a bus!

Noon on Wednesday!!!

Blizzard
10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Additional Details:
Same day bus.
Pick up - 10 am - Fairview Mall (Sheppard Ave & Don Mills Rd - Final Stop of the Sheppard Subway)
Depart Montreal After the Match
Fee! $75
EMT to info@thesupporterssection.com

Thus far, buy-in is very underwhelming. Cut-Off is Noon on Wednesday. We need 50 to make this pay.
If you are on the fence, please get off the fence and sign up.

thx
db

james
10-27-2015, 11:19 PM
I wonder what the number is at now?? I would help out but I always like to stay at least 1 night if not 2, which I am already doing.

Fort York Redcoat
10-28-2015, 06:20 AM
Can someone shed light on cancellation policy for megabus?

I'd like people to know if they could still take the supporter bus. It always makes for a memorable trip.

Justin10000
10-28-2015, 06:54 AM
No refunds for Megabus. The most you can do is change reservations and that's it.

ironcub14
10-28-2015, 07:37 AM
Hey peeps, I'm on the USec bus as well and definitely hoping to ride dirty with some of y'all to Mtl, COYR!!

Ben - D.O.W.
10-28-2015, 08:42 AM
So either here or on the U-Sector forum I saw a post about since this bus is staying in Canada it would be a 'dry' bus and that drinking was forbidden. Just wanted to confirm that this is actually the case - anyone have any info?

Enterprise Captain
10-28-2015, 08:46 AM
So either here or on the U-Sector forum I saw a post about since this bus is staying in Canada it would be a 'dry' bus and that drinking was forbidden. Just wanted to confirm that this is actually the case - anyone have any info?
That is the case. If people don't get on this bus soon though it won't be happening. The cut off is noon.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-28-2015, 08:51 AM
That is the case. If people don't get on this bus soon though it won't be happening. The cut off is noon.

Thanks - still trying to figure how to get to the pick up location from Guelph Thursday morning and if I can get the time off work, not having to worry about road beers is one less thing on my plate.

zeelaw
10-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Props to U-Sec for sorting it out, I hope it happens!

Enterprise Captain
10-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Props to U-Sec for sorting it out, I hope it happens!
So do I. If anyone is on the fence now is the time to get off and make a decision. 2 more hours to go.

CanadaLFC
10-28-2015, 11:32 AM
The bus is dead.

Fort York Redcoat
10-28-2015, 11:37 AM
Can't help but wonder about the unavailability of tickets affecting this initiative. Shame, really.

Lennon
10-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Sucks. What's everyone's back up plan? Megabus ?

Blizzard
10-28-2015, 11:52 AM
We are sad to announce that the bus has been officially cancelled. We couldn't even fill half of it.

We know this is a hardship for those that booked. I am stunned by the poor response to the bus offer. Yes, I know of all the issues including Thursday, including MLS investigation delaying our ability to plan, etc etc etc .... but I really expected more pick-up.

Sadly, that's the way it is for this match.

Let's just hope that we can take another crack at a bus trip in the very near future (if you know what I mean)!

Blizzard
10-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Can't help but wonder about the unavailability of tickets affecting this initiative. Shame, really.

A definite factor. Still is what with this ridiculous MLSE situation.

Enterprise Captain
10-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Sucks. What's everyone's back up plan? Megabus ?
That is my plan. Already booked.

BuSaPuNk
10-28-2015, 11:58 AM
We are sad to announce that the bus has been officially cancelled. We couldn't even fill half of it.

We know this is a hardship for those that booked. I am stunned by the poor response to the bus offer. Yes, I know of all the issues including Thursday, including MLS investigation delaying our ability to plan, etc etc etc .... but I really expected more pick-up.

Sadly, that's the way it is for this match.

Let's just hope that we can take another crack at a bus trip in the very near future!

Thanks for trying guys really appreciate the reach out to try to fill it. Unfortunately I think were all on point that if people could actually get tickets to this thing there would be more people going. TFC FO really fucked this plan up for you guys :(

Blizzard
10-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Thanks for trying guys really appreciate the reach out to try to fill it. Unfortunately I think were all on point that if people could actually get tickets to this thing there would be more people going. TFC FO really fucked this plan up for you guys :(

I have to agree. Even now they aren't selling tickets to the section. They keep putting it off and putting it off. I'm not pointing fingers at any individual and certainly not at the sales person saddled with this job down at 50 Bay but one can't help but feel that there is some sort of concerted and barely disguised effort to discourage traveling support by making it difficult to actually buy tickets!

Some might say that the SG's have made their bed and now must lie in it and considering the anarchy of Sunday I guess I can understand that point of view but as we are all being tarred by that one brush, the vast majority of supporters are now being punished due to the extreme actions of a very small number and obviously we're feeling aggrieved.

Let's hope they get this done!

BTW, just wondering, has anybody had ticket orders cancelled by the Impact, orders that have been made through Ticketmaster? Just wondering. Not saying it happened.

Thanks all,
B

zeelaw
10-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Some might say that the SG's have made their bed and now must lie in it and considering the anarchy of Sunday I guess I can understand that point of view but as we are all being tarred by that one brush, the vast majority of supporters are now being punished due to the extreme actions of a very small number and obviously we're feeling aggrieved.

Yep.

MartinUtd
10-28-2015, 01:55 PM
I posted this in another thread, you guys might find it relevant

A friend of mine called TFC FO and couldn't get tickets, I just called myself and couldn't either. They're only releasing tickets to supporters groups and if you're not part of a supporters group then "try and buy off ticketmaster close to 112."