PDA

View Full Version : Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win-TFC at Montreal Playoff Rnd 1-Thursday Oct 29 7PM

Pages : [1] 2 3

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 06:18 PM
OK.

A Reminder this is the match thread for the NEXT GAME.

SO there's two ways to look at this.

We can get all OH MY GAWD WE ARE DOOMED!!!!

or

We can see what happens.

Would we rather be all those other TFC teams over the years?

Or the Union, Fire, NYCFC or Orlando this season?

We are in, in a winner goes home (literally) match. Take it, and run.

Have at it people.

tfcleeds
10-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, that sure feels like a kick in the nuts. Was looking forward to our first playoff game in history at BMO, now it's a lose and we're done on the road.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Don't worry, winning our first playoff game in Montreal would be just sweet as winning it at home.

I wonder if Montreal FO would allow us to buy tickets directly or we will have to buy it through ticketmaster.

Redcoe15
10-25-2015, 06:44 PM
ok.

A reminder this is the match thread for the next game.

so there's two ways to look at this.

We can get all oh my gawd we are doomed!!!!

or

we can see what happens.

Would we rather be all those other tfc teams over the years?

Or the union, fire, nycfc or orlando this season?

We are in, in a winner goes home (literally) match. Take it, and run.

Have at it people.

we got 'em where we want them! We will see seba pot in a bushel against the limpact in front of their arrogant piece of shit fans on their own home turf this week as tfc will kick the limpact out of the playoffs on their way to the title!

if you ain't red, then yer better off dead! T-f-c for life!!!

notthesun
10-25-2015, 06:52 PM
I still like our chances. We had a terrible 10 minutes against Montreal today... we were the better team beyond that. We got scored on and got rattled. We should know what to expect now.

Biggest game in TFC history.

Davenport
10-25-2015, 07:08 PM
I still like our chances. We had a terrible 10 minutes against Montreal today... we were the better team beyond that. We got scored on and got rattled. We should know what to expect now.

Biggest game in TFC history. No, second. Today was the biggest

barticusz
10-25-2015, 07:14 PM
All things considered I'm happy with this matchup. I'd rather play Montreal than DC or NE in a one game playoff. Sure it'd be much better at home but it is what it is.

Can't wait for Thursday, where we'll finally get a taste of the playoffs.

jaxul
10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
No, second. Today was the biggest

I will respectfully disagree and suggest that any TFC playoff game, home or away, would be and now IS the biggest game. I don't consider today's game to be the biggest since we do have the chance to play again this season.

Ultra & Proud
10-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Just sit back and think of all the times we've been in 'must win' matches, even if they weren't really must win situations. The thought of another one worries me.

Lennon
10-25-2015, 07:37 PM

I will respectfully disagree and suggest that any TFC playoff game, home or away, would be and now IS the biggest game. I don't consider today's game to be the biggest since we do have the chance to play again this season.

2nd leg CCL semi vs. Santos will be the biggest for me until we make MLS cup.

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 08:07 PM

No it was not the biggest since the Reds have already clinched a spot. Next game is biggest.

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Just sit back and think of all the times we've been in 'must win' matches, even if they weren't really must win situations. The thought of another one worries me.

In every league in the world, every team but 1 ends their season losing a must win game.

MightyDM
10-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Today was a bummer. Thursday will be awesome. Let's fill Saputo. And Joe's!

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Hmm...according to Vanney they may not actually come back to TO in between, given it would mean coming back Monday and flying back out on Wednesday. Makes some sense rest wise.

Canary10
10-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Hmm...according to Vanney they may not actually come back to TO in between, given it would mean coming back Monday and flying back out on Wednesday. Makes some sense rest wise.

It's an hour flight. Isn't it better to sleep in your own bed?

ensco
10-25-2015, 10:28 PM
You know, the funny thing is, we're totally mediocre (we are actually the dictionary definition of mediocre at 15-15), but could w wind up in the MLS Cup? Sure, anybody who's in could.

But something is missing. Even if we win a game or two.

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 10:38 PM
I know its not going to happen, but I'd like to see Delgado in for Findley.

reggie
10-25-2015, 10:48 PM
You know, the funny thing is, we're totally mediocre (we are actually the dictionary definition of mediocre at 15-15), but could w wind up in the MLS Cup? Sure, anybody who's in could.

a mediocre team in a mediocre league...thats why i will not renew next season...6mil dollar players on the same field with 40k players..garbage futbol.

portu
10-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Much rather see Warner if we're going to go the defensive route

Doucet3
10-26-2015, 12:49 AM
As pissed as I was today and less "I feel like smashing shit hulk mad" me has looked at this in a positive light.

Columbos McKrews Boys spanked DC sooo we were never going to get 2nd... If we woulda won that match we would have had to face those assholes New England and Nyg-ImAnAssholeWithStupidHair-uayn or what ever his name is who usually have there way with us plus more travel as well. So facing Montreal in the limpact stadia isn't totally worst case scenario today, I think Thursdays match vs MTL is winnable.

So this could be a good thing and I'm praying the coin I dropped on tickets won't goto waste an I have to use them the 1 or 8th of November whic schedualeing would work great for me... Soooo this shit isn't over till it is and were still healthy and alive.

but if Vanney puts Findley on again I just might corner kick by tv into my mates house a few doors down... Delgado or Warner.

Maybe the new formation could look like

---------------- Konopka -----------------
Jackson---Williams---Kantari?---morrow
--------------------------------------------
-----Bradley --- Warner --- Cheyrou ----
-------------------Osorio-------------------
-----------Altidore---------Giovinco-------

ensco
10-26-2015, 07:02 AM
I'd leave Findley in.

When RSL made their shock run from the last position in 2009, it was Robbie Findley who scored all the key goals.

KevinOHH
10-26-2015, 07:32 AM
I don't think Findley played bad either. He did miss the header to go ahead, but he made some good runs and a couple of key crosses that if Jozy was really hungry he would have got on the end of.

Oldtimer
10-26-2015, 09:04 AM
a mediocre team in a mediocre league...thats why i will not renew next season...6mil dollar players on the same field with 40k players..garbage futbol.

I assume we won't be seeing you around here any more, then?

:seeya:

I'm sticking around for the long haul (I've suffered too long to give up now!). We have a team and a league of our own. it's not the EPL. It's not Serie A or Ligue 1. But it's ours. Following a foreign league isn't the same.

David_Oliveira
10-26-2015, 09:14 AM
I don't think Findley played bad either. He did miss the header to go ahead, but he made some good runs and a couple of key crosses that if Jozy was really hungry he would have got on the end of.

I think you can't have both Findley and Jackson on the field in the same starting 11 both playing on the right. There just isn't enough defensive cover and that got exposed at the start of the second half with the Dildo Duka sub.

jazzy
10-26-2015, 09:39 AM

Biggest game in TFC history.

The team knows they can win but not sure of their faith in Vanney . Anyone with half a brain knew Drogba would score so where was Warner with the shadow ? AND if we do score ( someone look for Gio?) , Vanney probably hunkers up with our rock solid 'D' ....😱.......We have to widen the field and put the ball at Gio's FEET . He's 5'4".......... Just sayin

C.Ronaldo
10-26-2015, 09:46 AM
The team knows they can win but not sure of their faith in Vanney . Anyone with half a brain knew Drogba would score so where was Warner with the shadow ? AND if we do score ( someone look for Gio?) , Vanney probably hunkers up with our rock solid 'D' ...........We have widen the field and put the ball at Gio's FEET . He's 5'4".......... Just sayin

Id have Jackson play the defensive role in the first half to shadow Drogba, then use warner in the second half to piss off a more tired Drogba.

Games so close together might see the young strong engines of bradley and gio shine. Plus bradley is due for a big game, wtf has happened in that guys head

pdubs
10-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Kantari or Zavaleta? Kantari has more experience but Zavaleta from what I remember this year has been mostly solid?

jazzy
10-26-2015, 09:56 AM

Yup and Warner starting beside Cheyrou. , Warner locks on Drogba and passes him off to the 'D' ha , Cheyrou passes up the middle and Bradley , yes and Bradley . This our problem . Is he the coach ? Does he do what the coach wants ? Is he doing too much ? Do the players know what his role is ? At $$$ there must be an answer . Right ? I'm thankfully clueless what our team ID is . Being the amateur I am , I worry the team may feel the same.

jazzy
10-26-2015, 09:58 AM
I'd leave Findley in.

When RSL made their shock run from the last position in 2009, it was Robbie Findley who scored all the key goals.

2015-2009 = a 100 years ago

ensco
10-26-2015, 10:04 AM
2015-2009 = a 100 years ago

Ahh the "MLS 3.0" meme. The great baseless theory of MLS fandom.

My opinion: RSL (or the Galaxy) in 2009 would win the MLS Cup this year. Look at the quality of proven MLS depth on these teams - most teams today have over rotated to "barbell" type team constructions (with NYRB, DC and Dallas being glaring counter-examples).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Real_Salt_Lake_season#First-team_squad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Los_Angeles_Galaxy_season#Squad

Re Findley: He is a lot older now, and god knows has not looked capable of scoring goals in bunches, but I'd leave him in, just in case

notthesun
10-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Kantari or Zavaleta? Kantari has more experience but Zavaleta from what I remember this year has been mostly solid?

We're fighting to keep our heads above water with our CBs, but I think you stick with Kantari. I like Zavaleta, but a huge game like this for the kid? I feel like that's setting him up to be bullied by Drogba. Not that he can't bully Kantari either... sigh.

It's turned out to be a real shame Perquis had to pull his hamstring, he was on a decent run of form.

JohnErickson
10-26-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: VISITORS SECTION tickets: is anyone organizing or co-ordinating VISITORS SECTION tickets for this Thursday's playoff game? I called Impact de Montreal and they said they will be selling tickets soon but not yet sure when or how many.

TFC Tifoso
10-26-2015, 10:42 AM
fear not people....coz you know what's better than beating Montreal in the playoffs in our home stadium?......knocking them out of the playoffs in theirs.....we'll get er done.....

Auzzy
10-26-2015, 10:47 AM
If we expect just one defender to cover Drogba like on the goals yesterday, and give their MF and wings as much time & space to put in passes, we WILL get burned. It doesn't matter which of our CBs we put in.

TFC has to cover & treat Drogba like Montreal treated Giovinco yesterday. Either of them might still pot a goal, but not as many as otherwise.

And it drives me nuts when opposing teams consistently have more people back in tight defensive lines, AND still get plenty of people forward on attack, like Montreal in the 2nd half yesterday.

Walms
10-26-2015, 10:55 AM
we got 'em where we want them! We will see seba pot in a bushel against the limpact in front of their arrogant piece of shit fans on their own home turf this week as tfc will kick the limpact out of the playoffs on their way to the title!

if you ain't red, then yer better off dead! T-f-c for life!!!

THIS^^^

Walms
10-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Some good news on the ticket front..... We still have 2 potential home playoff games in the Quarter and Semis.... So the tickets we bought on Wednesday will go towards those games if/when we have them

Auzzy
10-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Some good news on the ticket front..... We still have 2 potential home playoff games in the Quarter and Semis.... So the tickets we bought on Wednesday will go towards those games if/when we have them

Yes good point. On the other hand, yesterday we 100% lost the chance to host the MLS Cup this year, as all Western teams have more than TFC's 49 points. (Had we won yesterday, ending with 52 points, that would have been higher than 3 of the western playoff contenders.)

GonfiaLaRete
10-26-2015, 11:53 AM
I guess all of us are used to losing but at least our support always owns them in the stands. They have such a small supporters section. Thanks for everyone who went out to watch the game. Also cool that Saputo gave out free beers. Hopefully we can beat them Thursday. Too bad its midweek. Cant see too many people going back two times in 3 days

OgtheDim
10-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Can I just say one thing:

Fuck the man love for Drogba.

Great with the ball.

Lying piece of doggie doo managing the game. Can't stand that shit. He was down on the sides for at least 3 minutes yesterday in the second half and that IDIOT of a ref didn't include the time. Yes, I'm calling Kelly out for being a fool and letting the occasion get the best of him.

On Thursday, I'm hoping Drogba gets kicked like Giovinco was and whines spits out his dummy.

He's Impact. FUCK im.

Stress
10-26-2015, 01:31 PM
I've got a little dilemma -> My championship game is 7pm on Thursday too. Anyone know how a guy without cable/PVR might get his hands on an archive of the game later the same night? Does TSN's online account allow you to watch archived games? Anyone have a suggestion?

Ultra & Proud
10-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Tweets coming out saying traveling TFC fans are banned from the match due to the illegal smoke at yesterday's match. This is a MLS sanction, not the Impact's and supposedly not the first time they've done it (although I recall no other time).

So 9 years for a playoff game and not only do we not have a home one but now may not be allowed to go to the away one. Classic.

GhostKiller
10-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Tweets coming out saying traveling TFC fans are banned from the match due to the illegal smoke at yesterday's match. This is a MLS sanction, not the Impact's and supposedly not the first time they've done it (although I recall no other time).

So 9 years for a playoff game and not only do we not have a home one but now may not be allowed to go to the away one. Classic.
From what I heard, there was a fire set in the stands by TFC supporter(s). Looked like it burned pretty big too.

OgtheDim
10-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Given the Impact have already sold tickets to TFC supporters, this would be interesting.

That having been said, has anybody but Rollins discussed this? The TFC beat reporters are not discussing this at all.

Derko
10-26-2015, 02:55 PM
From what I heard, there was a fire set in the stands by TFC supporter(s). Looked like it burned pretty big too.

I think it was a flare, never liked flares or smoke bombs at matches. Those who light them of in my humble opinion, In the great words of Sean Connery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSCI-C1N_o

Phil
10-26-2015, 02:55 PM
I have a notice from TFC confirming that tickets will not be sold to 'Toronto' pending an investigation by the league.

Rene Kingsriver
10-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Like to see how they enforce that

SmokedPanda
10-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Even if they sanction all supporter groups from Toronto you can still travel individually.

Red CB Toronto
10-26-2015, 03:04 PM
I have a notice from TFC confirming that tickets will not be sold to 'Toronto' pending an investigation by the league.

Unfortunate but not surprised after all the crap that went down yesterday. I know a lot of love smoke and what it has brought to our 112, but that is in a team sanctioned organized manner. Yesterday was nuts, with smoke, flares, fire crackers going off. Hopefully something can be learned from this.

ronzilla
10-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Just flipped through the sun newspaper and saw a half page photo of Giovinco getting his ankles destroyed from a tackle from behind yet no call was made. My only hope is to have a decent referee on Thursday and we should be able to come out with a win.

Pint
10-26-2015, 03:08 PM
There is a line of what mls wants from supporters, a line that we can get away with and then what happened yesterday.

Let's just hope it's only 1 game

Dunkers
10-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Wow, this really sucks, flights from Vancouver BC and hotels booked. I will be travelling independently, but it really sucks to not be sitting with other supports, because a select few ruined it for everyone. Possible the worst feeling as a TFC fan, and we have been through a lot of disappointment before.

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Preventing organized away support isn't difficult but if people want to watch the game amongst the casual locals of course it can be done. It's just not the way we prefer things here.

OgtheDim
10-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Hmm....how to make friends and influence people and get them to show up to a home playoff game if we do get one on Sunday.

Oh well....the vast majority of us are not like that.

Red4ever
10-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Unfortunate but not surprised after all the crap that went down yesterday. I know a lot of love smoke and what it has brought to our 112, but that is in a team sanctioned organized manner. Yesterday was nuts, with smoke, flares, fire crackers going off. Hopefully something can be learned from this.

We should call out other supporters groups when shit like this happens. Take names.

GonfiaLaRete
10-26-2015, 04:30 PM
That was the best away support I remember almost ever. Way better than the 4000 at Montreal or 1000 at Montreal or even the big numbers in Columbus in past years. Smoke and us singing well past the final whistle. Great work everyone. That is an away trip. Hopefully we have some payback thursday and make it to home and away series with redbulls.

GonfiaLaRete
10-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Although some people handed out balloons and it was sad to see so many people not blowing them up. God forbid people take half a minute to be a part of something coreographed/a tifo.

Richard
10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
I am extremely curious about how the TV numbers will look like after this game.

GBV
10-26-2015, 06:07 PM

Great with the ball.

Lying piece of doggie doo managing the game. Can't stand that shit. He was down on the sides for at least 3 minutes yesterday in the second half and that IDIOT of a ref didn't include the time. Yes, I'm calling Kelly out for being a fool and letting the occasion get the best of him.

On Thursday, I'm hoping Drogba gets kicked like Giovinco was and whines spits out his dummy.

He's Impact. FUCK im.

Yep. Didier Drama strikes again. Have seen it countless times. Team starts winning and then he goes down killing minutes at a time and then miraculously recovers. Embarrassing. And he gets away with it.

Peek a boo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9145019/Chelsea-v-Napoli-Didier-Drogbas-cheating-exposed-by-peek-a-boo-during-Champions-League-thriller.html

TFC1154ever
10-26-2015, 06:18 PM
My 2nd most hated footballer in the world (behind Totti) and now plays for those bums. I remember one time, can't remember who it was against, he got fouled (not hard at all) and started convulting on the ground. Guy makes me sick. He's one guy I hope gets cleated in the chest by his own player accidentally, or by Perquis after the game .

PAOK17
10-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Montreal has a real anti-Toronto complex. The author of the Gazette spent half the time writing an article about last nights game about how much it "sucks" to be a Toronto sports fan referencing:

1. TFC - though I wasn't a fan of the smoke, it wasn't covering any tears
2. the Leafs - Our team is first in the league but let's take the time to discuss about a team in a complete rebuild
3. the Argos - does anyone on this site even care about them?
4. the Jays - yup, it must really suck being 6 wins from a championship. Meanwhile, Montreal lost their team and are happy to sell out the Big Owe for Jays exhibition games.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/stu-cowan-drogba-delivers-two-more-blows-to-toronto-sports-fans

ronzilla
10-26-2015, 06:36 PM
I can't stand those arrogant motherf***rs

Heart of Stone
10-26-2015, 07:15 PM
So how much will the domestic tallboys at Joe's be?

MisterMacphisto
10-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Sorry, have my head in studying for mid-terms. When we win Thursday, when do we play next? Anyone know days next week we would NOT be playing for sure? Trying to schedule something in the evening. :-)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Sorry, have my head in studying for mid-terms. When we win Thursday, when do we play next? Anyone know days next week we would NOT be playing for sure? Trying to schedule something in the evening. :-)

its a fucking pain for those of us who dont have 9-5 jobs.
Think we'd play this sunday coming up. not sure on time yet

Richard
10-26-2015, 07:34 PM

Great with the ball.

He's Impact. FUCK im.

Seriously though he is the best impact(pun intended) signing from a summer window this league has ever seen, 11 goals in 11 games and carrying your team out of a hole is something to admire.

But yes fuck him because he is with Montreal.

jazzy
10-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I've got a little dilemma -> My championship game is 7pm on Thursday too. Anyone know how a guy without cable/PVR might get his hands on an archive of the game later the same night? Does TSN's online account allow you to watch archived games? Anyone have a suggestion?
Know anyone with MLS LIVE ? It'll have the replay if only in 48 hrs or watching from an USA vpn ;)

jazzy
10-26-2015, 08:10 PM
I think it was a flare, never liked flares or smoke bombs at matches. Those who light them of in my humble opinion, In the great words of Sean Connery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSCI-C1N_o

agreed ......that's why I bought tickets below the trouble makers ........walked through all the Impacts no problem .....surrounded by a few of us and some nice kids (Impact supporters ) , who simply liked soccer . They thought we had great support and out sang impact . But we're disappointed when the flares and smoke covered them all . Thankfully we all smiled and said our goodbyes ...that's is soccer . It's about the game not how cool you are as a supporter . They've ruined it for us and of course they won't owe up to their shit ....that's they're style .......hopefully we all don't lose our ability to enjoy away soccer . I'm afraid someday an innocent fan will be hurt in retaliation for THEIR shit .

jazzy
10-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Wow, this really sucks, flights from Vancouver BC and hotels booked. I will be travelling independently, but it really sucks to not be sitting with other supports, because a select few ruined it for everyone. Possible the worst feeling as a TFC fan, and we have been through a lot of disappointment before.

The majority pay for the few ( Ididnt do it's) ......such a shame .....we have a real problem here . Don't think some A-holes from Montreal won't do the same here . Thanx little minds .

Stress
10-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Know anyone with MLS LIVE ? It'll have the replay if only in 48 hrs or watching from an USA vpn ;)

Thanks!! I'll look into that.

barticusz
10-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks!! I'll look into that.

Add Hola to your chrome browser and you can watch all TFC games through MLS Live.

dutch
10-26-2015, 11:11 PM
We are on the verge of so many great things that I cannot wait for this match. I have been waiting for so long. To be nervous now would be horrible. We are where we dreamed to be! why ruin it. I cant imagine a better script for our first playoffs. FUCK YEAH!! no more excuses or second guessing or what ifs. We are here and We are standing togethor staring at history!
We have the better team and our backs are against the wall after that loss. This is a blessing boys
It is hard to beat a team twice in 1 week in football. I imagine a fury of red comes out of that tunnel and we see the finest giovinco ever to put on our beautiful jersey.

boozilla
10-26-2015, 11:56 PM
We are here and We are standing togethor staring at history!
I'll have what you're having! On Thursday, though.

Hamilton_Red
10-27-2015, 12:09 AM
Pot legalized early in Ontario I see. We came in 12th in the overall standings. We are where we deserve to be based on our performances. Yes the MLS is designed with salary caps to be very close and competitive. I can't remember watching a team give up so many early quick goals than this team. Is it possible for a surprise - of course - and we all hope it happens. But if we expect anything more than dismal failure - we don't know TFC.

I really hope we see what Bradley is really capable of - he has a lot to prove. The only game this team has won of the last three...he didn't play. He needs to show why he is the Captain and why he is a DP. Thursday night will be the measure of this team.

dutch
10-27-2015, 12:28 AM
lmao Im not on anything at all. Im a red. If you cant be ecstatic over this, I dont know what excites you or how excited you get I guess. But I have wanted this for a long time. Im a supporter and these guys haven given me what I wanted. Our defense is crap no shit, but dont hate on your own team in their finest hour.

"But if we expect anything more than dismal failure - we don't know TFC."

?? wtf with fans like that who needs enemies

Ivy
10-27-2015, 03:07 AM
I want to see a 4-2-3-1 formation with Oso and Delgado on the sides. Also, Zavaleta in for Kantari. Take Drogba and Piatti out of the game, and they have nothing.

TheGoodson
10-27-2015, 07:40 AM
We played arguably the best road games I have ever seen TFC play in the first half... We controlled the game and went in with a 1-0 lead. The second half we came out flat, which I will not blame Vanney for that is on the players. The problem is the in game adjustments by Vanney or lack there of was the problem. Ideally the 4-2-3-1 is the best defensive formation, the problem is that if you play that formation Altidore is going to ride the bench and optically it looks terrible that a highly paid DP is on the bench.

We had two or three clear cut chances in the first half aside from the goal, if we score on those on Thursday we have a very good shot a beat them!!! I can't wait till we stomp on them in their house!!!

Stress
10-27-2015, 07:48 AM
Add Hola to your chrome browser and you can watch all TFC games through MLS Live.

Thanks! I tried a 7 day trial of Unlocator last night and it worked but good to know other options just in case. Thanks for the help guys.

Oldtimer
10-27-2015, 08:08 AM

I would use a different VPN. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2928340/ultra-popular-hola-vpn-extension-sold-your-bandwidth-for-use-in-a-botnet-attack.html

Fort York Redcoat
10-27-2015, 08:13 AM
I'll have what you're having! On Thursday, though.

Pot legalized early in Ontario I see. We came in 12th in the overall standings. We are where we deserve to be based on our performances. Yes the MLS is designed with salary caps to be very close and competitive. I can't remember watching a team give up so many early quick goals than this team. Is it possible for a surprise - of course - and we all hope it happens. But if we expect anything more than dismal failure - we don't know TFC.

I really hope we see what Bradley is really capable of - he has a lot to prove. The only game this team has won of the last three...he didn't play. He needs to show why he is the Captain and why he is a DP. Thursday night will be the measure of this team.

Ah the safety of cynicism...

Expect the worst but it's okay to hope for the best dutch

Fort York Redcoat
10-27-2015, 08:16 AM
So how much will the domestic tallboys at Joe's be?

I'm not telling but they are on special. Even if you're not a fan.

Fort York Redcoat
10-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Although some people handed out balloons and it was sad to see so many people not blowing them up. God forbid people take half a minute to be a part of something coreographed/a tifo.

Choreographed? I wasn't informed of any plan...

Ultra & Proud
10-27-2015, 08:58 AM
"But if we expect anything more than dismal failure - we don't know TFC."
This is an important part of the TFC survival for a lot of people. Thinking otherwise would be the actual definition of insanity. TFC crushed that level of optimism (madness) out of me around the end of year 7. Now I enjoy the good times more as I rarely expect them so they become pleasant surprises.

marquis
10-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Thanks! I tried a 7 day trial of Unlocator last night and it worked but good to know other options just in case. Thanks for the help guys.
I've been using ZenMate free extension to Chrome all year and worked perfectly, was able to watch all MLS Live blackedout games. Even better, you can cast to Chromecast directly form the MLS page, don't have to cast the whole tab.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate-security-privacy/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en

C.Ronaldo
10-27-2015, 09:49 AM
doesnt the chromecast have to go through the VPN too?

Ultra & Proud
10-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Look on the positive side, Toledo's the ref so anything can happen.

That means someone probably gets shafted. 50/50 chance as he plays no favorites. The only thing he seems to be against is calling a game properly.

jabbronies
10-27-2015, 10:13 AM
We played arguably the best road games I have ever seen TFC play in the first half... We controlled the game and went in with a 1-0 lead. The second half we came out flat, which I will not blame Vanney for that is on the players. The problem is the in game adjustments by Vanney or lack there of was the problem. Ideally the 4-2-3-1 is the best defensive formation, the problem is that if you play that formation Altidore is going to ride the bench and optically it looks terrible that a highly paid DP is on the bench.

We had two or three clear cut chances in the first half aside from the goal, if we score on those on Thursday we have a very good shot a beat them!!! I can't wait till we stomp on them in their house!!!

At this point in time I say fuck Altidore. Bring him on as a sub - same as what they did with Gilberto last year. He can add a different dimension at the end of the game. He's been mostly useless the past half season.

Also - Robbie Findley has been garbage this year. I dunno why they keep going with him over Hercules Gomez - Am I the only one who thinks Gomez is a better option than Findley?

Bradley needs to step up this game. He had a chance to tie the match and he botched it. If he's to become the hero everyone is looking for in a Captain - he needs to come through when it matters. It mattered on Sunday and he didn't come through.

GonfiaLaRete
10-27-2015, 10:15 AM
We will win thursday!!! No doubt about it!!!!

TheGoodson
10-27-2015, 10:22 AM
At this point in time I say fuck Altidore. Bring him on as a sub - same as what they did with Gilberto last year. He can add a different dimension at the end of the game. He's been mostly useless the past half season.

Also - Robbie Findley has been garbage this year. I dunno why they keep going with him over Hercules Gomez - Am I the only one who thinks Gomez is a better option than Findley?

Bradley needs to step up this game. He had a chance to tie the match and he botched it. If he's to become the hero everyone is looking for in a Captain - he needs to come through when it matters. It mattered on Sunday and he didn't come through.

Agreed, we need more defensive cover for Findley as he offered nothing in the second half, provide zero protection for Jackson. With respect to Altidore, I can see there being more pressure to leave him in the starting lineup due to his salary and being a USMNT.. That being said, fuck it I want to win this game so Vanney should do what is best for this team.

I will be in the stands Thursday night hoping I get to celebrate the victory, like in the rain after the miracle in Montreal

C.Ronaldo
10-27-2015, 10:25 AM

i dont think herc will have the legs to go 90, but still better than Fin

this is bradleys 2nd year .......... thats all im gonna say

jabbronies
10-27-2015, 10:29 AM
i dont think herc will have the legs to go 90, but still better than Fin

this is bradleys 2nd year .......... thats all im gonna say

Agreed, we need more defensive cover for Findley as he offered nothing in the second half, provide zero protection for Jackson. With respect to Altidore, I can see there being more pressure to leave him in the starting lineup due to his salary and being a USMNT.. That being said, fuck it I want to win this game so Vanney should do what is best for this team.

I will be in the stands Thursday night hoping I get to celebrate the victory, like in the rain after the miracle in Montreal

Honestly - I'd rather see Hercules play 60-65 minutes. Then depending on how he's playing, bring in Altidore.

Fuck his salary - this club needs to start thinking about football and less about salaries.
However, if they do want to bring that into the equation - they shouldn't have gotten themselves into a position where they would have to pay a inconsistent player that kind of money.

notthesun
10-27-2015, 10:42 AM

That means someone probably gets shafted. 50/50 chance as he plays no favorites. The only thing he seems to be against is calling a game properly.

We got Toledo? Oh christ.

zeelaw
10-27-2015, 10:52 AM

Careful with Hola, it was found out to have Malware or something a few months ago.

jimiv
10-27-2015, 11:03 AM
To be fair, he isn't worse ref that we've seen recently.

TFC07
10-27-2015, 11:14 AM

It's going to be one ugly game (I will be surprise if no one gets sent off). But at least Toledo will call fouls so TFC will have to avoid playing physical.

trane
10-27-2015, 11:19 AM
I was way more pumped for some of our CL games, like the one in the Rogers Center with LA, then I am about this game. It does not feel like we have a play off quality team. We stumbled all the way into the play offs, one some huge offensive game. But we have done some good things this year. If we win this, then my feelings will be different.

hulkrogan
10-27-2015, 11:20 AM
I think Toledo could be good. Let's be honest, Giovinco looks for fouls, a lot. He's also dynamite from free kicks. If Toledo gets pissed at the Impact, it could be glorious for us.

The scary part, Giovinco usually loses his sh*t at the ref if things don't go his way. Bradley has been known to do the same. Hell, Altidore got a red card from the bench. Toledo loves nothing more than making someone pay for disrespecting him. We need our guys to keep their cool and manage the game. Exploit Toledo, let him card the Impact to death.

Oldtimer
10-27-2015, 11:39 AM

It's going to be one ugly game (I will be surprise if no one gets sent off). But at least Toledo will call fouls so TFC will have to avoid playing physical.

I think Toledo could be good. Let's be honest, Giovinco looks for fouls, a lot. He's also dynamite from free kicks. If Toledo gets pissed at the Impact, it could be glorious for us.

The scary part, Giovinco usually loses his sh*t at the ref if things don't go his way. Bradley has been known to do the same. Hell, Altidore got a red card from the bench. Toledo loves nothing more than making someone pay for disrespecting him. We need our guys to keep their cool and manage the game. Exploit Toledo, let him card the Impact to death.

Toledo is a bit of a loose cannon, it's hard to say which side he will benefit. The one thing we know is that if Toledo is in his usual form (and occasionally he isn't) we should see Toledo being the man of the match with at least 1 penalty and 1 sending off.

The strategy with Toledo is to always respect him no matter how stupid his calls, and go down easy when challenged. g:D

Oblio2
10-27-2015, 11:42 AM
You will see Drogba go down like a $20 whore at every oportunity......Hes good at getting getting free kicks, openents booked and sent off.......He'll sell that to Toledo easily.

ronzilla
10-27-2015, 11:44 AM
If Toledo does not allow a physical game (which I hope), montreal are so f'n screwed. Giovinco is going to rip them a new one.

Chevy
10-27-2015, 12:06 PM
My detector was going off all morning. Now I know why. Toledo is always a wildcard, but with his love of the red card and PK's I think it benefits us more.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/4O770/my-attention-whore-detector/image.jpg

FRANKIE65
10-27-2015, 12:09 PM
You will see Drogba go down like a $20 whore at every oportunity......Hes good at getting getting free kicks, openents booked and sent off.......He'll sell that to Toledo easily.

If Toledo does not allow a physical game (which I hope), montreal are so f'n screwed. Giovinco is going to rip them a new one.

Yeah, it will be the battle for the Oscar in this one. Whichever one of them sells it the most...damn, I'd take last game's ref over Toledo any day. Let them decide it on the field, not in the refs glorified delusions.

leafsman
10-27-2015, 12:29 PM
So Toledo is now one of the top MLS Refs?:facepalm:

pdubs
10-27-2015, 12:39 PM

I can picture Ciman's two feet studs up attempt of a tackle right now

pdubs
10-27-2015, 12:40 PM

One of the worst. But Giovinco has not been getting any protection lately from refs. Toledo loves changing the game and prob won't allow Giovinco to get abused.

We have loose cannons of our own tho... Jackson, Altidore ect.

marquis
10-27-2015, 12:42 PM
doesnt the chromecast have to go through the VPN too?

That's what I thought too, but for some reason once the video starts working on the computer, you can send it to Chromecast as well.

Ultra & Proud
10-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Easy to be near the top of a pile of absolute shite. Says more about the overall quality than it does him.

Graeme
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
So....guesses? Is Perquis still injured? Will Kantari get in a last game for the team?

----------------Konopka-------------------
--Jackson--Zavaleta--Williams--Morrow-
--Warner---Bradley--Cheyrou--Osorio---
------------Altidore---Giovinco-----------

Bench: Morgan, Delgado, Findley, Moore, Gomez, Bendik

Prof
10-27-2015, 04:22 PM

A league with parity. Would you rather have the same two or three teams only competing for championships, like the European leagues. Not me. This is the best scenario. Anybody can still win.

Ultra & Proud
10-27-2015, 09:48 PM
I don't even know what to think about this match. On one hand, we can beat them at Saputo but historically, this is when we would fall to pieces. This could really go either way. I just hope that we come out with our A game and take it from there. Can't handle seeing anything like the NYRB fiasco from 2009 especially to these fuckers. That being said, we win this and I will enjoy it immensely.

Lennon
10-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Would anybody be really upset if Vanney kept Jozy out of the lineup? He's done it once before.
We seem to play our best in a 4-5-1 and after that 2nd half on Sunday I feel like we could really use that extra man in midfield.

Graeme
10-27-2015, 10:07 PM
We seem to play our best in a 4-5-1 and after that 2nd half on Sunday I feel like we could really use that extra man in midfield.

How about:

Konopka
Jackson / Williams / Zavaleta / Morrow
Warner / Cheyrou
Giovinco / Bradley / Osorio
Altidore

barticusz
10-27-2015, 10:25 PM

Oh yea, don't bother with that other one. Hola is free and super simple to use.

jazzy
10-27-2015, 10:32 PM

Download trial of tunnelbear and start it ...tune into game then switch tunnelbear off , to save the limited amount of usage for tunnelbear trial , (back to Canada), and MLS live doesn't know the difference once it's started . Then you can watch as if you're in USA .

Auzzy
10-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Download trial of tunnelbear and start it ...tune into game then switch tunnelbear off , to save the limited amount of usage for tunnelbear trial , (back to Canada), and MLS live doesn't know the difference once it's started . Then you can watch as if you're in USA .

Yup that's what I always do with Tunnelbear. Plus you can tweet about Tunnelbear once per month to get an extra free GB for the month.

I'm wondering though, might the TFC playoff games be blocked in the US as well?

Dunkers
10-27-2015, 11:43 PM
On one hand, we can beat them at Saputo but historically, this is when we would fall to pieces.

Historically we would have already fallen to pieces, this is new territory! Its the playoffs!

SydneyFC
10-28-2015, 05:26 AM
Goodluck fellas, isn't this like a derby for you guys? We won ours 1-0 recently :)

Will be watching from work at Friday 10am Sydney time, rooting for you boys. Have a hectik away day and have a blast :flare:

brad
10-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Oh yea, don't bother with that other one. Hola is free and super simple to use.

I'd encourage anyone using or considering to use Hola to read this first. Actually, I'd encourage anybody using it to stop immediately, and anyone considering not to
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/your-tool-to-access-netflix-content-abroad-is-hijacking-your-internet-connection

TLDR; - if you use Hola your internet connection is being used as an exit node which could be used as part of a voluntary botnet - IE being used to send spam.

bigredone
10-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Goodluck fellas, isn't this like a derby for you guys? We won ours 1-0 recently :)

Will be watching from work at Friday 10am Sydney time, rooting for you boys. Have a hectik away day and have a blast :flare:

More like do or die death match on judgement day at the eleventh hour.

Can't sleep, so damn excited. This is a great time!

GonfiaLaRete
10-28-2015, 09:49 AM
I was way more pumped for some of our CL games, like the one in the Rogers Center with LA, then I am about this game. It does not feel like we have a play off quality team. We stumbled all the way into the play offs, one some huge offensive game. But we have done some good things this year. If we win this, then my feelings will be different.
Same. Doesn't have a playoff feel at all. Next round will if we get through!

[NBF]
10-28-2015, 10:07 AM
I haven't watched TFC in a while, but is Jackson the clear right back for the future or is he barely getting it done?

Zavaleta and Williams vs Drogba, is the match up to watch. I think if they leave Kantari on the bench, he will end up going on early in the game because of the lack of experience by both centre backs.

ManUtd4ever
10-28-2015, 10:25 AM
I am expecting a letdown tomorrow night. I would love to be wrong.

bigredone
10-28-2015, 10:43 AM

I see what you mean. We did limp a bit into this "playoff" spot and have not proven our mettle when it counts.

I fear, though, how this can turn out if we flunk this round and that is scary. The necessity to keep this seasons momentum and fan base alive is what I see being on the line in Montreal.

trane
10-28-2015, 11:46 AM

That is exactly how it is for me. Yes we have improved, but it does not feel like we made the playoffs, because as some one said when it was time to show that we deserve it we did not, the two losses to end the year, for example.

If we win this game, then it will feel like we deserve it a lot more.

jazzy
10-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Yup that's what I always do with Tunnelbear. Plus you can tweet about Tunnelbear once per month to get an extra free GB for the month.

I'm wondering though, might the TFC playoff games be blocked in the US as well?

Think the final was nowhere to be found ....crazy, at least for tomorrow nights game TSN and its French equivalent has it .
BTW.....all semi's and final televised by ESPN or (fx1) snd TSN . So prob blacked out on MLS Live .....sounds like MLS to me !

Ultra & Proud
10-28-2015, 12:39 PM
I am expecting a letdown tomorrow night. I would love to be wrong.
I am as well but it's based on our history. We usually always fold in must wins. Maybe we got in out of our system by folding the past two matches but who knows? I am definitely not confident heading into this one but more confident that it's Montreal rather than DC or NE. Those would be nightmare scenarios and fuel for a good ol' fashioned TFC drubbing.

Joe Kool
10-28-2015, 01:17 PM
I am as well but it's based on our history. We usually always fold in must wins. Maybe we got in out of our system by folding the past two matches but who knows? I am definitely not confident heading into this one but more confident that it's Montreal rather than DC or NE. Those would be nightmare scenarios and fuel for a good ol' fashioned TFC drubbing.

It takes way too much energy to even try to figure out which TFC team will step on the field this year so I just leave my expectations open to either result....it could go either way and I will just hope for the best. I didn't expect the Miracle in Montreal or the CCL run that we had in recent years but we had it to enjoy all the same. Anything can happen....just all depends on which TFC team shows up on the night. Montreal have the ability to collapse on themselves too. They ain't no superpower footballin' team.

Oldtimer
10-28-2015, 01:28 PM

We beat LA away in a must-win game. You never know.

ManUtd4ever
10-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Maybe the Football Gods will smile on us for a change. It's been a while since our last big win in a knockout tournament.

Graeme
10-28-2015, 02:15 PM
So much pessimism (though not really surprising)!

A mere 3 games ago, TFC played their hearts out against the #1 team in the league and won. If that team shows up tomorrow, Montreal doesn't stand a chance, with or without Drogba.

Of course, the other TFC could easily show up, but I choose to look on the bright side (for now)...

ensco
10-28-2015, 03:31 PM
That is exactly how it is for me. Yes we have improved, but it does not feel like we made the playoffs, because as some one said when it was time to show that we deserve it we did not, the two losses to end the year, for example.

I bought tickets to the two potential home playoff games around this idea. If we get to them, I will be excited.

portu
10-28-2015, 04:20 PM
I'd like to see the diamond tomorrow, we probably know it best, it creates numbers in midfield to deal with Donadel, Piatti and Reo-Coker and I doubt Montreal is preparing to deal with it

Yohan
10-28-2015, 04:23 PM
I'd like to see the diamond tomorrow, we probably know it best, it creates numbers in midfield to deal with Donadel, Piatti and Reo-Coker and I doubt Montreal is preparing to deal with it

with diamond mid, Mtl loves attacking through flanks and wide midfielders will be needed to help out the FBs. I don't think TFC knows diamond midfield well enough to defend well, esp when it comes to assignments.

trane
10-28-2015, 04:24 PM
I bought tickets to the two potential home playoff games around this idea. If we get to them, I will be excited.

Exactly, if we win this and we come back to BMO, then the excitement will kick up a notch of two or three.

Greatest Ripoff
10-28-2015, 04:45 PM
This is live on tv in England tomorrow night and since the clocks have already turned back here, it will be on TV at 11pm. I am definitely going to stay up for this one.

Soccerpro
10-28-2015, 05:47 PM
TFC haven't won away since June. That's right, June. Whatever they've been doing, they need to do the opposite.

Lennon
10-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Anyone down for a group pic at city hall Friday morning?:stogey:

@JohnTory (https://twitter.com/JohnTory)[1] :
2015-10-28 19:26:46 UTC (https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/659451259016097792)[2]
I've accepted Montreal Mayor @DenisCoderre (https://twitter.com/DenisCoderre)[3] 's bet over tomorrow's @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc)[4] vs. @impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal)[5] playoff game.

@JohnTory (https://twitter.com/JohnTory)[6] :
2015-10-28 19:27:55 UTC (https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/659451546854379521)[7]
Losing city has to fly the other teams flag for a day at City Hall. @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc)[8] red suits Montreal very well!#TFCLive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFCLive)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-28-2015, 07:22 PM

cosign. Play offs for me have meant not too much without us going anywhere in them

FC_Hali
10-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Think we should go with a line up like this:

------Altidore----Gomez------
Giovinco----------------Osorio
-----Cheyrou---Bradley------
Morrow---------------Jackson
-----Kantari----Williams-----
---------Konopka-------------

Gio's found his success lately by drifting wide left to find space. Start him on the left and let him run at Oyongo, a LB playing RB and who I think is their weak link. Ciman and Cabrera will no doubt hack and suffocate Gio if he's in the middle. Would like to see him start wide and force MTL's back line to adjust. With Gio either cutting in on the dribble or whipping in dangerous crosses, we'll have 2 experienced poachers in Jozy and Gomez (who have plenty of experience playing together with the USMT). Maybe start Warner ahead of Osorio on the other flank to balance the team defensively but in a one game playoff, why not put your best 11 footballers out there and go for it. Can't wait for this one!

ronzilla
10-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Preview Montreal Impact vs Toronto FC with Lloyd Barker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RVZWLIaDvCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RVZWLIaDvCQ

Graeme
10-28-2015, 09:20 PM
That's definitely an exciting line up, but I think having Bradley, Osorio and Jackson on one side is asking for trouble. That would be one hell of an amazing game to watch, though.

ag futbol
10-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Left back is never going to work for Osorio. It uses very few of is strengths and plays to his weaknesses.

OgtheDim
10-29-2015, 06:01 AM
PLAYOFF GAME DAY :scarf:

Weather at game time: degrees feeling like 4. Winds out of the SW at 32 km/h

Regardless of the result, for once we have made it this far. Going to sit down tonight and enjoy the atmopshere (until the first screw up and then :hulk:

ronzilla
10-29-2015, 07:11 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/102915_redsimpact_projected_starting_xi_final_roun d_1.png

ManUtd4ever
10-29-2015, 09:20 AM
TFC can't catch a break PR wise. We clinch our first playoff berth the same day the Jays win the ALDS, and now we play our inaugural playoff game in club history on the same day Alex Anthopoulos announces he's leaving the Blue Jays organization.

Whatever happens tonight will be completely overshadowed in the sports headlines tomorrow.

C.Ronaldo
10-29-2015, 09:24 AM
TFC can't catch a break PR wise. We clinch our first playoff berth the same day the Jays win the ALDS, and now we play our inaugural playoff game in club history on the same day Alex Anthopoulos announces he's leaving the Blue Jays organization.

Whatever happens tonight will be completely overshadowed in the sports headlines tomorrow.

to me playoffs dont start till you get a home and away, this is just the filter out the garbage teams

Ultra & Proud
10-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Our savior is Toledo.

My God.

Cashcleaner
10-29-2015, 09:54 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/102915_redsimpact_projected_starting_xi_final_roun d_1.png

Looks like what I would expect. With the talent we can field tonight, anyone should like our chances. Just hope we don't get out-coached...

Auzzy
10-29-2015, 09:58 AM

And MLSE announce a new prez the same day...

Kamp Berg
10-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Does anyone know how well Osorio does on the right? It seems like a 4-5-1 would be best for tonight but leaving out Altidore or Osorio is a bad idea.

notthesun
10-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Given that Toledo is the ref I'd like to revise my previous post saying Kantari should start. I would like to stay as far away as possible from rash tacklers in our lineup for this game and Zavaleta + Williams would be our most patient CB pairing.

pdubs
10-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Given that Toledo is the ref I'd like to revise my previous post saying Kantari should start. I would like to stay as far away as possible from rash tacklers in our lineup for this game and Zavaleta + Williams would be our most patient CB pairing.

Worried about Jackson as well. You know Toledo is just waiting for him.

Then again he will be waiting for Ciman as well. He loves to be overly aggressive.

Kamp Berg
10-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the game after it's over? I won't be done work until 9 but I can't stomach missing out on this one!

ManUtd4ever
10-29-2015, 11:31 AM
You just know this game will be decided by controversial red cards and a penalty kick or two.

ronzilla
10-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Put them out in the first half and play with 10 men behind the ball in the second. Its ugly but it works.

Stress
10-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the game after it's over? I won't be done work until 9 but I can't stomach missing out on this one!

I put out the same question a few pages back. Because I don't have cable/pvr, I ended up getting an MLS Live membership ($19.99) so I can watch the replay on demand. However, the game is blacked out if you're in Canada (or you can wait 48 hours to watch it) so I also got a 7 day trial of "Unlocker" so my IP address won't be an issue and I can watch as soon as I get home. Not sure if you're willing to pay $20 just to watch it so maybe someone can give you their MLS live account info.

OgtheDim
10-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Contrary opinion on Toledo here:

Toledo did our game at home against NER. Anybody remember anything about that game ref wise? Apart from Jones acting like a bull and not getting a second deserved yellow?

Nope.

The guy we had for the Columbus game actually is a worse ref card wise then Toledo.

http://www.proreferees.com/stats-referee-stats.php
(http://www.proreferees.com/stats-referee-stats.php)

Ossington Mental Youth
10-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I put out the same question a few pages back. Because I don't have cable/pvr, I ended up getting an MLS Live membership ($19.99) so I can watch the replay on demand. However, the game is blacked out if you're in Canada (or you can wait 48 hours to watch it) so I also got a 7 day trial of "Unlocker" so my IP address won't be an issue and I can watch as soon as I get home. Not sure if you're willing to pay $20 just to watch it so maybe someone can give you their MLS live account info.

think its also blacked out in the States as its available on major cable channels, super frustrating imo as id put money down that MLSLive would reach more people than TSN at this point in the season

Fort York Redcoat
10-29-2015, 12:25 PM

Toledo did our game at home against NER. Anybody remember anything about that game ref wise? Apart from Jones acting like a bull and not getting a second deserved yellow?

Nope.

The guy we had for the Columbus game actually is a worse ref card wise then Toledo.

I'll back that. The Toledo hate is dated. I made a point to say out loud he officiated a good game because it was down right startling to me.

marquis
10-29-2015, 12:28 PM
think its also blacked out in the States as its available on major cable channels, super frustrating imo as id put money down that MLSLive would reach more people than TSN at this point in the season

Try ZenMate for Chrome, it's free. If you change the country to Hong-Kong or Germany you can watch games that are blacked out in both Canada and US. I was able to watch every single game this season on MLS Live.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate-security-privacy/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en

Areathrasher
10-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Guys, you're just jinxing Toledo here :lol:

Wagner
10-29-2015, 01:19 PM
does the intense wind factor in to the equation?
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/quebec/montreal

Graeme
10-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Matt Doyle offers up a preview (http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/10/29/armchair-analyst-tactical-preview-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-knockout-round)of the game

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2015, 01:58 PM
does the intense wind factor in to the equation?
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/quebec/montreal

Means likley playing with the ball down and have effect on your wide wing play. Play a possession oriented game moving the ball up methodically.

GonfiaLaRete
10-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Seats available in 112 on ticketmaster still

Couchy81
10-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Been anxious all afternoon. Need to get a beer in me.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Try ZenMate for Chrome, it's free. If you change the country to Hong-Kong or Germany you can watch games that are blacked out in both Canada and US. I was able to watch every single game this season on MLS Live.

Got unblock us, doesnt make a difference if its nationally televised, they wont show it on MLSLive

woolly
10-29-2015, 03:07 PM

Nice App, but MLSLive only works if you're in Canada, the US or Mexico, and ZenMate doesn't have a Mexico link.

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't see this game here in California... The last one only had the highlights.

mcolvy
10-29-2015, 03:30 PM
When did the boys head to Montreal? Before Wednesday night?

marquis
10-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Nice App, but MLSLive only works if you're in Canada, the US or Mexico, and ZenMate doesn't have a Mexico link.

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't see this game here in California... The last one only had the highlights.

I know, but for some reason it works if you change the country to Germany or Hong-Kong. Get to MLS Live with ZenMate turned off, click on the game and you'll get the "This game is blacked out etc". Switch ZenMate on, select Germany as your country, then refresh Chrome. You'll get the countdown to the game! Just tried it a few minutes ago.

Auzzy
10-29-2015, 03:53 PM
I know, but for some reason it works if you change the country to Germany or Hong-Kong. Get to MLS Live with ZenMate turned off, click on the game and you'll get the "This game is blacked out etc". Switch ZenMate on, select Germany as your country, then refresh Chrome. You'll get the countdown to the game! Just tried it a few minutes ago.

You're right, I did something similar with Tunnelbear & MLS Live when I was in Germany this summer.

Oldtimer
10-29-2015, 03:53 PM

Nope.

I'll back that. The Toledo hate is dated. I made a point to say out loud he officiated a good game because it was down right startling to me.

He's always had the occasional good game. We'll see how he does tonight, and whether you are cursing his name, singing his praises, or ignoring him.

Chubbs
10-29-2015, 04:23 PM

If source legality is not a factor for you:

The only game I've had to rewatch this year was our game vs NYRB (Giovinco undressing the whole team on his first touch), but I was able to find an HD torrent that same night over on rojadirecta. They have a football downloads section where encoders will post links to downloads. Turn on your ad blocker.

pdubs
10-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Been anxious all afternoon. Need to get a beer in me.

Thissssssss

hulkrogan
10-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Matt Doyle offers up a preview (http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/10/29/armchair-analyst-tactical-preview-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-knockout-round)of the game

"Drogba's been the league's best player since his arrival, and his greatest ability is his adaptability. Need someone to drop back and help in possession? Check. Need someone to get between the central defenders and go direct to goal? Check. Need someone to threaten on set pieces? Check. Need someone to roll around on the ground for a bit and waste some time? Big, fat check."

:rofl:

woolly
10-29-2015, 04:26 PM

It works! I Owe you a beer next time I'm in town for a game!

Redcoe15
10-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Can't wait for 7:00PM to come around.

All the talk today has been about Alex Anthopoulos leaving the Blue Jays.

FUCK THE BLUE JAYS! THEY'RE YESTERDAYS NEWS, AFAIC!

I wanna see Seba pop in a hat trick against they literally fuck their mothers Limpact! And I wanna see someone give Drogba something to cry about, as well as somebody shove that giant bell up Saputo's bulbous ass, as our side marches to their ultimate victory in their first ever post season appearance!

I've got booze at my side and I've already started drinking, ready for our side's eventual triumph!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!! :flare::drum::scarf::drum: :flare:

Eastend
10-29-2015, 04:56 PM
^^Same but nervous as all hell.

Graeme
10-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Same starting line-up at last game! Hope Findley & Jackson can contain their wing better than in the second half!

ronzilla
10-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Toronto FC XI: Konopka; Morrow, Kantari, Williams, Jackson; Osorio, Cheyrou, Bradley, Findley; Giovinco, Altidore

OgtheDim
10-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Shit about to get real.

Will take this every year thank you very much.

pdubs
10-29-2015, 05:26 PM
lol

https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/659858715873517572

pdubs
10-29-2015, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/BenjaminRycroft/status/659859069126238208

Wait... what? Damn separatists.

ronzilla
10-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Nathan G. ‏@C4nuck17 (https://twitter.com/C4nuck17) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/C4nuck17/status/659861938235572224) Reports of @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) travelling support being attacked by @impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal) fans...disgusting. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash) #IMFCvsTFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/IMFCvsTFC?src=hash) #hateteamrespectsupporters (https://twitter.com/hashtag/hateteamrespectsupporters?src=hash)

Richard
10-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Well I guess that's how you know its a derby!

mowe
10-29-2015, 05:47 PM
Real nervous about that Montreal lineup. Hope Vanney has prepared the guys well.

TFC in the playoffs, let's fucking go!

OgtheDim
10-29-2015, 05:47 PM
STREAMS

Adblock strongly advised

http://sportlivetv.sx/en/eventinfo/356336_montreal_toronto/

http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/382964/1/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc.html
(http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/382964/1/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc.html)
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming

Reddit thread for more streams

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/3qrgag/match_thread_montreal_impact_vs_toronto_fc/

(https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/3qrgag/match_thread_montreal_impact_vs_toronto_fc/)

Redcoe15
10-29-2015, 05:52 PM
lol

https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/659858715873517572

HA! Fuck that guy.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/10354/2610901-3560358884-thefu.jpg

Redcoe15
10-29-2015, 05:54 PM
^^Now I really wanna see a TFC beatdown on the Limpact! (and that giant bell shoved up Saputo's ass!)

Inklink
10-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Waited way too long for this, boys! Let's goooo!

Seba looks so cold, poor guy lol

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2015, 06:02 PM
After 9 seasons we are just a few minutes away from the Reds making their post season debut. Looking forward to it big time !!!

flatpicker
10-29-2015, 06:03 PM

What the hell is that all about??!!!

Eastend
Couple of quick TFC goals would calm my nerves. :)

pdubs
I am well hydrated.

flatpicker
10-29-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm so anxious right now!

Oldtimer
10-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Can't wait.

Red CB Toronto
I had my tonsils out yesterday and hopped up on pain killers, otherwise I would have been in the stadium !!

pdubs
What the hell is that all about??!!!

Just got worse.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminRycroft/status/659861249182851073

James17930
10-29-2015, 06:08 PM
I had a feeling something like that was going to happen.

Batman
Good evening gang. Let's crush the Limp Act.

PAOK17
Just got worse.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminRycroft/status/659861249182851073
On Sunday when I was there, they threw smoke bombs at us as we were marching to the stadium. And then a few of their boneheads tried to pick people out of our crowd to fight them.

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Here we go after 290 regular season games.

Inklink
10-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Toledo? Really?

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Greg is dressed up for the occasion, nice to see !!

Davenport
10-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Findley started well...he can't pass. How does he get paid to play football ???

SydneyFC
10-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Don't worry about the batons guys, let your "casual" hooligan group deal with them. :scarf:

ronzilla
10-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Too nervous, cmon guys calm down.

SydneyFC
10-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Where are the Toronto fans located? can't see them on TV atm

Batman
10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
I always sense Toledo hating Toronto.. Right from year 1

Eastend
10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
left of Konopka....occasionally see them bottom right of TV

Davenport
10-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Jackson and Findley on the right side remind me of a comedy duo

PAOK17
10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Jackson is so annoying with his constant "beat at least one man" mentality. Even when no one is around he waits for a defender to catch up so he can try to beat him.

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Reds are going to get burned if they let the Impact take the game to them.

Davenport
10-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Reds are going to get burned if they let the Impact take the game to them.
Agreed. Our defence is awful. Can't see us winning this

pdubs
Offside really? uh

zorsofstesab
Houston we have a problem......Williams is going to cost us some goals at the back.

SydneyFC
10-29-2015, 06:26 PM
oh shit

flatpicker
10-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Fuck a duck!

SydneyFC
10-29-2015, 06:27 PM
defence is fucking useless

Inklink
10-29-2015, 06:28 PM
How do you give up a 3 v 2???

OgtheDim
Jackson is having a shockingly bad game.

Red CB Toronto
That was terrible , what was the defence looking at !!

Davenport
It was 3-2 against us. This could get ugly. Over and out

ronzilla
TFuckin Jackson snoozing !!!!!!

pdubs
time for more beer

Oldtimer
10-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Terrible defence.

Davenport
10-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Jackson is having a shockingly bad game.
He's a crap forward who's been turned into a crap defender by our genius coach

JavierMartini
10-29-2015, 06:30 PM
two foot stomp from drogba on findley ofc no card.

ag futbol
FCD also used him at RB. Now that said, we never addressed our RB problem despite having plenty of time to do so.

jloome

Whether crap or not, he's primarily been a defender his entire career. Dallas moved him upfield for precisely these reasons, but he was a right back in Brazil, and a center half.

notthesun
10-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Another suicidal play in midfield from Bradley started that. He tries to play a cute one two but then spins off his man and runs past the ball. He's out of the play as soon as we lost the ball, along with the rest of the midfield. Then Jackson tries a suicidal interception.

We've looked terrible all things considered.

jloome
10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Another suicidal play in midfield from Bradley started that. He tries to play a cute one two but then spins off his man and runs past the ball. He's out of the play as soon as we lost the ball, along with the rest of the midfield. Then Jackson tries a suicidal interception.

Like a bunch of arrogant individuals.

OgtheDim

Uh, no. Don't do any revisionist stuff on this dude.

He was RB in Brazil and was brought to Dallas to play that. Was playing RM when he was traded here. Offered to be a RB and has been really good for the last few months. Not today.

mowe
Jackson has no idea how to defend out wide + Kantari being the worst defender on our roster = that goal.

PAOK17
Is Morgan injured? Was he that bad at LB that we couldn't go back to having Morrow on RB, Morgan at LB?

JavierMartini

followed by a casual weekend job back

Oldtimer
Bernier is having a good game #knowyouropponent.

Bobo
10-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Findley needs to get off ASAP. Can't attack but even more importantly, he doesn't defend which is imperative with a guy like Jackson playing RB. I can't believe he has managed to keep his starting spot after all this time. This team is so unbalanced with him in the lineup.

Inklink
#11 tasting the grass again.

JavierMartini
Is Morgan injured? Was he that bad at LB that we couldn't go back to having Morrow on RB, Morgan at LB?

no, he just dosent have the eye of our trash coach. He was playing really well when he got the chance then nothing. Vanney is just another trash coach in the line of inexperienced trash coaches. lol

jloome
10-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Can we please have another commentator other than Jason DeVos. Jesus, if he ran intoa guy named "Impact" on the way to the elevator, I'm sure he'd blow him.

Hamilton_Red
10-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Yep - Bradley gave the ball away. Ran back like a cart-horse giving no help to the defence. I wonder if he is going to Miami with Liewicke and Beckham?

Inklink
10-29-2015, 06:35 PM
He's just wasting time. He'll be back in 1 minute.

burlington Red
10-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Jackson and Findley on the right side in this game isn't working. Needs changing

OgtheDim
no, he just dosent have the eye of our trash coach.

Where were you with this talk during our winning streak when EVERYBODY IN HERE WAS SAYING JACKSON WAS A GREAT RB?

Seriously, people, he's having a crap game but for the last 7 games he was good and nobody complained.

Red CB Toronto
The Reds will be burned if they don't start to press up the field.

notthesun
10-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Also, I'm done with that narrative that Findley has been decent of late or providing something uniquely valuable out there. He is completely done as a professional. Utterly useless, cannot believe we're starting him in the biggest game in our history.

Blixa
10-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Can we please have another commentator other than Jason DeVos. Jesus, if he ran intoa guy named "Impact" on the way to the elevator, I'm sure he'd blow him.

I can't stand this wanker.

JavierMartini
10-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Altidore is a rock filled pylon

jloome
10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Also, I'm done with that narrative that Findley has been decent of late or providing something uniquely valuable out there. He is completely done as a professional. Utterly useless, cannot believe we're starting him in the biggest game in our history.

He's just not very good. He can hold onto the ball a bit, but you can't have a midfielder in a 433 who doesn't play defence.

Inklink
10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Bush picks out Drogba, konopka can barely keep his kicks in play lol