PDA

View Full Version : MLSE making a killing. They just dont care about us.

Marco2K
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Just think about it.

they sell out 20 000 every week. the support shown by the TFC fans has been amazing. People live and breathe this team.

Tickets range from around 20 bucks all the way up to $400. They must be making atleast $150 000 a game on ticket sales alone.

They sell more beer at TFC games then at most LEAF GAMES.

Then all they have to spend is 2.3 million on salaires.

AND WE STILL DONT HAVE A DAMN DP.

I just dont get it.
MLSE is ok with giving Jeff Finger 4 million a year. Giving BLAKE 4 million for another 4 years. giving tucker 6 million to go to another team.

Players Like Junhino From Brasil are without a contract.
You have teams in Brasil dying for cash and yet MLSE cant find a way to get us some real damn players.

I am so sick and tired of this.

If we dont do something we are going to be the MAPLE LAUGHS of the MLS.

think about it. vancouver and montreal are both coming into the league and there is a good chance they will be better then us REAL FAST.

I am not asking for CHANGE.

I AM DEMANDING CHANGE.

mauser09
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I got an idea, lets all wear black t-shirts and sit down at the next game

Azerban
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
actually...they don't pay the salaries either, the league does

ChrisLav
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
And the league receives a share of all gate receipts.

Derko
Just think about it.

they sell out 20 000 every week. the support shown by the TFC fans has been amazing. People live and breathe this team.

Tickets range from around 20 bucks all the way up to $400. They must be making atleast $150 000 a game on ticket sales alone.

I just dont get it.
MLSE is ok with giving Jeff Finger 4 million a year. Giving BLAKE 4 million for another 4 years. giving tucker 6 million to go to another team.

You have teams in Brasil dying for cash and yet MLSE cant find a way to get us some real damn players.

think about it. vancouver and montreal are both coming into the league and there is a good chance they will be better then us REAL FAST.

I AM DEMANDING CHANGE.

I don't know whether or not the following contract issue may have something to do with players signing but read this from Kevin Gall interview:

"The deal was not right for me because in America, the league owns your contract and I would have been at Toronto for a couple of years but after that I may have been drafted to another club thousands of miles away."

Don Julio
20,000 x $50 avg ticket = $1,000,000

That's at least $150,000 alright!

Kevvv
07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Is this thread necessary? MLSE doesn't sign DP's, Mo does. All MLSE does is tell him whether he can get a DP, and how much he can spend.

And all signs says that he can and will get one, but it has to be someone who can get a work visa here, wants to live here (as opposed to LA, SJ, or their home town), and is OK with playing on the Field Turf that is currently in place at BMO.

Bluenose13
07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Is this thread necessary? MLSE doesn't sign DP's, Mo does. All MLSE does is tell him whether he can get a DP, and how much he can spend.

And all signs says that he can and will get one, but it has to be someone who can get a work visa here, wants to live here (as opposed to LA, SJ, or their home town), and is OK with playing on the Field Turf that is currently in place at BMO.Well said & now can we close this silly thread.

Cashcleaner
07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
^^ I don't think that's the case at all. I think the MLSE board tells Mo that they're not going to pay a cent for a DP unless its absolutely neccesary and that he's got to work with the limited cash they have set aside for the club.

The board has always had their fingers in the Maple Leafs and Raptors. Why would TFC be any different?

Beach_Red
07-25-2008, 04:19 PM
[quote=Cashcleaner;105927
The board has always had their fingers in the Maple Leafs and Raptors. Why would TFC be any different?[/quote]

They always spend to the cap, though, don't they?

Maple Leaf Red
07-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Hooray! Another thread for baseless conjecture that has been disproven in tonnes of other threads.

Search for MLSE and take your pick of threads that already exist rather than starting yet another one.

Marco2K
07-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Why does this post have to be closed.

MLSE should know they can not run TFC like they run their other teams.

THIS TEAM HAS TO WIN TO SURVIVE.

If 5 years from now we still suck will you still buy season tickets? I dont know if i will.
Cause if i do i will just like a DUMB LEAF FAN!

Cashcleaner
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
They always spend to the cap, though, don't they?

That's true, and I've pointed it out before. But again, what good is spending up to the cap if you're not getting the right people with the money?

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Dude who started this thread:

First of all, Juninho is f*cking ancient, he'd be another Hristo Stoichkov, a guy just coming over to MLS to take it easy and collect a paycheck.

Secondly, Mo and Carver have been trying to get players in here all season long. We very nearly had Stefano Fiore, Darren Huckerby and Hakan Sukur, three pretty decent players, I'd say. MLSE have little to no involvement in how Toronto FC go about their daily business, the only things you should be pissed at them over is the FieldTurf and this stupid Argos business.

Now go over to the Leafs' board and moan at those retards, they'll agree with you. Any person with an IQ over 65 can see that the only problem with this team is a lack of finish, it's not some deep dark interference from MLSE trying to make them lose.

If MLSE can afford to pay sh*t players like Pavel Kubina 6 million dollars to give away pucks in his own end, they can afford a designated player. Let's not kid ourselves, people. The problem with the Leafs is NOT a lack of investment, it's a lack of intelligence in the front office. Some people might disagree, but I get the impression that Mo Johnston knows what he's doing.

MFG1
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
hahaha you guys forgot to tell him about the salary cap as well. when the whole team is allowed to be 2.5 million, Jeff finger would have to do it all himself! for two years. Dont let your pee get hot and scald your bladder. Do you want them to lose money at TFC? so your hard earned 300 bucks for one seat, for one season, and they dare put it in the bank

SEXYGREEKMALE
07-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Dude who started this thread:

First of all, Juninho is f*cking ancient, he'd be another Hristo Stoichkov, a guy just coming over to MLS to take it easy and collect a paycheck.

Secondly, Mo and Carver have been trying to get players in here all season long. We very nearly had Stefano Fiore, Darren Huckerby and Hakan Sukur, three pretty decent players, I'd say.

You lost me right there.

Jack
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Hucks is a decent player. Not great, but decent.

profit89
07-25-2008, 04:58 PM
mlse is doing a great job.. stop complaining

noochie
07-25-2008, 05:04 PM
You don't order DP's off of a menu. Boo fucking hoo.

reggie
07-25-2008, 05:14 PM
i blame cunny....

Beach_Red
07-25-2008, 05:15 PM
That's true, and I've pointed it out before. But again, what good is spending up to the cap if you're not getting the right people with the money?

That's it exactly. With a salary cap to work with you can't make very many mistakes, see the Leafs.

But have there been that many mistakes with TFC?

Smenge
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
MLSE executives are stupid, not cheap, otherwise nobody would be getting 4 million per season with the leafs just to score four goals......we have heard this all before......if they jack up the salaries, ticket prices go up, and in the end, you get nobody at the stadium who didn't spend their day getting a pedicure and butt shave, or blowing money buying jewelry for their ugly secretary...these assholes rule the city, and run MLSE....take a hard look at the directors of mlse...you won't find a lot of brainpower in that room...they are, like you and me, fans of hockey, so they bought a hockey team...they think that because they are fans, they know something about scouting raw talent, or understanding the fundamentals of team sports....no, they know nothing about this, but they like to get close to the action, and that is why the Leafs will never win....but, thankfully, MLSE executives no NOTHING about soccer...and thus delegated to MO....that was the best thing they could have done, and we should be thankful for it...so don't blame them for being cheap, just remember, these guys spend more time scratching their balls when at BMO than watching the game....so don't give them a reason for paying attention, and let MO do his job.

Marco2K
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
I really disagree with alot of what you people are saying.

Look at how this team has performed this year. Are they a top team?

with the same SALARY CAP teams like DC united, Houston, New england have all been able to get much better players.

I would love for TFC to get a guy like Dero, Or emilio.

I just worry that the right people might not be in place for this team to become a "WINNER". I just worry that losing will become common and exceptable.

After what happean this past week against Montreal alot of the guys on this team should be on their way out. thats the bottom line.
If not losing is accepted.

noochie
07-25-2008, 05:56 PM

with the same SALARY CAP teams like DC united, Houston, New england have all been able to get much better players.

I just worry that the right people might not be in place for this team to become a "WINNER". I just worry that losing will become common and exceptable.

After what happean this past week against Montreal alot of the guys on this team should be on their way out. thats the bottom line.

Interesting that two of the three teams you mention don't even have DP's. Which mostly contradicts the point that you are trying to make. I get the feeling that many people think Mo is doing is scouting on wikipedia like you are looking for 30+ unattached players.

This team has been around for 18 months, and outside of the GTA and MLS is little-known. So you tell me how many players are going to want to come to Canada to play in MLS when ANY other option is available. There isn't a list waiting to lineup at the chance to play for the mighty TFC. Be realistic... you make it sound like ordering a dinner at a resturant.

I also think that a lot of this sentiment comes from reading European transfer articles... the idea that the most successful clubs in their league shell out millions upon millions for the best players. Well this ain't no United or Real Madrid, most players want to play there, the same cannot be said about here... no amount of money will change that.

We need to get over ourselves a bit in this case... the player will come but it certainly is not as easy as showing up with a breifcase of cash to <insert 30+ out of work DP material player here> and calling it a day.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Dude, first off, this team is two years old. Secondly, if you actually saw that game against Montreal, in the first two thirds of the pitch it was a great performance. That doesn't indicate that a lot of players should be shipped out, it means that you need to bring in a striker. Like, duh... It's not complicated.

As for DeRo and Emilio, you go down there and get Houston and DC's managers drunk and stoned, and they still would laugh at you if you asked them to trade their key players.

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Dude, first off, this team is two years old. Secondly, if you actually saw that game against Montreal, in the first two thirds of the pitch it was a great performance. That doesn't indicate that a lot of players should be shipped out, it means that you need to bring in a striker. Like, duh... It's not complicated.

As for DeRo and Emilio, you go down there and get Houston and DC's managers drunk and stoned, and they still would laugh at you if you asked them to trade their key players.

It doesn't matter how many different ways you use logic...these guys are blinded by their ignorance.

ecantona7
07-25-2008, 06:22 PM

If football worked that way, every year all the teams bar the winner would be letting go of their players. These things take a process, this team has only been in the league for only over a year FFS. Also, didn't this team go over a spell last year where they couldn't score a goal or something for a long period of games, so these things (winning) take a while. You compare this team to the likes of Houston and DC and whatnot but how many years have they been in the league and how long of a period have they had where they've been able to flourish.

Marco2K
07-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I was at the montreal game. I was at the game in Montreal.

We were lucky to get 4 points out of those 2 games. Montreal had almost as many quality chances as we did.

Not anyone elses fault other then Mo and carver then Cunningham was given the chance to blow another game.

bottom line is i think we stink. One win is not going to change that. People that watch it on TV think it is bush league.

Is robbo really worth 300 000?
Is brennan really that good. he has a terrible cross.

Other then robert and guevara i think this team has been very useless.

even Jarod smith is in the dog house and he did nt even really get a chance.

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I was at the montreal game. I was at the game in Montreal.

We were lucky to get 4 points out of those 2 games. Montreal had almost as many quality chances as we did.

Not anyone elses fault other then Mo and carver then Cunningham was given the chance to blow another game.

bottom line is i think we stink. One win is not going to change that. People that watch it on TV think it is bush league.

Is robbo really worth 300 000?
Is brennan really that good. he has a terrible cross.

Other then robert and guevara i think this team has been very useless.

even Jarod smith is in the dog house and he did nt even really get a chance.

Now I know you know absolutely nothing.

Is Robbo worth 300k? I would say yes he is.

And Brennan does not have a Beckham cross, but for 150k...it's damn good. Need I remind you it was Brennan's cross that scored a goal in DC and against Montreal? And there would be a ton more goals if we actually had some quality in the middle. The ASG showed that if you put quality around him, Jimmy B shines.

Marco2K
07-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I guess i am just upset.

Must win this monday.

Hey just because i complain does not mean i am not a fan.

But i still dont get how Mo went to Brasil with the ability to pick up a DP and came home with nothing.

times are very tough in brasil. ANd good players can be had. Thats it.

RPB_Brantford_08
07-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Just think about it.

I just dont get it.

I AM DEMANDING CHANGE.

there is a salary cap in this league the Leafs don't have to deal with, the NHL one is a joke its gone up again!! whats was the stike all about?
Montreal and Vancouver are 10 years ahead of us in organization, league status...we are the young pups. you can't expect an expansion team to be challenging for championships in year two thats UNREASONABLE, it
takes time to build a winner and TFC is in the 3nd of a 5 year plan that was mentioned before the KO last season..Patience.

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I guess i am just upset.

Must win this monday.

Hey just because i complain does not mean i am not a fan.

But i still dont get how Mo went to Brasil with the ability to pick up a DP and came home with nothing.

times are very tough in brasil. ANd good players can be had. Thats it.

Oh believe me...I spent every day this offseason ranting and raving about the deals to be had in South America.

We did get a Central American player out of it...which is as close as we've gotten.

But I too hope that Mo will look for cheap deals in South America...shoot...make me a TFC employee and I will do it for them!

Marco2K
07-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Can you imagine going to brasil to find a diamond in the rough. Watch soccer and talk to the players.
Meet some hot brasilian chics. WOO HOO

Damn.

Sign me up!!!

In FIFA 08 Its so easy.
Go to transfer market.

click on Brasil league
find me some players.
Win me some games..lol

Smenge
07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
I could be wrong, but the defender that Blanco danced around before scoring that goal, is considered a top EPL player. He looked worse than Velez in the later's first game with TFC, should the West Ham manager fire the prick?

There is nil logic in this thread. MLSE is run by stupid men, not cheap men. like most businesses, being stupid, does not mean you cannot make money, it is accepted as the norm: look how rich that prick is, and he never finished high school....you have heard this before.....consequently, we should consider ourselves lucky we have Mo and Carver to run the soccer team, rather than a button-head like Dale Lastman etc (you know he is an mlse director).

Oblio2
07-25-2008, 08:16 PM
The Red Bulls are Shite!!!!

Jack
07-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I could be wrong, but the defender that Blanco danced around before scoring that goal, is considered a top EPL player. He looked worse than Velez in the later's first game with TFC, should the West Ham manager fire the prick?

There is nil logic in this thread. MLSE is run by stupid men, not cheap men. like most businesses, being stupid, does not mean you cannot make money, it is accepted as the norm: look how rich that prick is, and he never finished high school....you have heard this before.....consequently, we should consider ourselves lucky we have Mo and Carver to run the soccer team, rather than a button-head like Dale Lastman etc (you know he is an mlse director).
So if someone didn't finish high school they are obviously stupid, right?:rolleyes:

Richard D
07-25-2008, 09:33 PM
2 things need to happen.

Yank the turf asap and put grass.

and

see #1

Then you can start to get the big boys. And believe me, MLSE foots the bill of $400,000 and MLS foots the rest.

I agree with Marco though, Mo isnt looking at tons of stars in South America and only looking at C-level strikers...

CenturySam
07-25-2008, 09:48 PM
I got an idea, lets all wear black t-shirts and sit down at the next game

green shirts could serve two purposes. the $$$$ issue for whatever, and a real grass pitch.

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2008, 09:59 PM
LOL @ people trying to suggest that MLSE is stupid. You don't stumble upon huge profit figures every year by being stupid. What they are is indifferent. They don't take any drastic actions until they figure that their bottom line is at risk (eg. MLSE finally hiring a star GM in Colangelo to set the ship straight after the Raptors attendence figures started hit to the rock bottom).

Bars92
07-25-2008, 10:08 PM

I was hoping that we'd be the Man United of MLS.:D