PDA

View Full Version : Game 34: Tic Tac Tie or Win 2 Get a Home Game - TFC in Montreal Sunday Oct 25 5pm TSN

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
10-17-2015, 09:29 PM
It comes down to this.

If we tie, we get a home playoff game (against either NER or Montreal or DCU) as we will have more points then the Impact and the Revs could not catch us based on our superior wins total.

Believe it or not, only 2 teams in this league have more wins then us so far this season - NYRB & Dallas.

If we win, we get a home playoff game and we are in with a shot at second and the bye but its going to take some help from both Chicago this week and DCU next week to do that - i.e. unlikely.

If we lose, we will be playing away to who knows. (unlikely Montreal)

Mateo1985
10-17-2015, 11:03 PM
See you boys in Montreal. It will be an epic away trip to be a part of. See you all there. Unfortunately we can't beat Montreal out of the play offs but we gotta beat them in standings!!! See you in the stands while chanting and jumping together!!!

ensco
10-18-2015, 09:34 AM
It comes down to this.

If we lose, we will be playing away to who knows. (unlikely Montreal)

We can still be 4th if we lose, if neither DCU and NE win again, and DCU doesn't get two ties. EDIT: DCU won today so this is no longer possible.

If we win or draw, the odds that we host Montreal the following Wed/Thurs are quite high. Much as I would like the bye, I am kind of rooting for that, so could live with the draw!

(It's possible that, if we lose, we go back to Montreal. It's kind of remote - Montreal would most likely finish third then - but for us to finish 6th, DCU and NE would have to go past us too, with one of DCU or Columbus going past Montreal, ie there needs to be a result in DCU/Columbus game.)

ManUtd4ever
10-18-2015, 10:03 AM
If you look at the records of the majority of clubs across the league, home field advantage is a significant factor.

ManUtd4ever
10-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Just read about Vanney's not so complimentary comment regarding Drogba. Why would he motivate him like that? Watch Drogba torch us next week now...

OgtheDim
10-18-2015, 11:43 AM
I like our chances away against anybody but NER. I know they've lost some home games of late but that stadium is a bug a boo for us. I'd take us in an away to CBus or DCU. Away to Montreal would be a glorious slugfest but I can't see that happening.

jazzy
10-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Just read about Vanney's not so complimentary comment regarding Drogba. Why would he motivate him like that? Watch Drogba torch us next week now...

where / I spoke with him by chance and actually both of us where scratching our heads at the protection he gets from refs versus Gio . He simply was dismayed about how Drogba got away with murder ....and how to stop him . The ONLY way we will stop Drogba is when he scores 1 we score 2 ...Our D can't handle him . Jackson will drive him crazy though and hopefully the ref is fair .

Richard
10-18-2015, 02:02 PM
I think its a 3-2 TFC win with Drogba and Giovinco running the entire show.

Bring on the derby!

OgtheDim
10-18-2015, 02:59 PM
We now have these possibilities:

A tie Plus a DCU win over Columbus and we finish 3rd to play either Montreal or NER at home.

A tie Plus a DCU/Columbus tie or a Columbus win and we finish 4th and either play Montreal or NER at home.

A win Plus a DCU win over Columbus or a Columbus win and we finish 3rd and play either Montreal or NER at home.

A win Plus a DCU/Columbus tie and we finish 2nd.

A loss and we finish either 5th or 6th and play the first round away and the possibilities there are just way too many to discuss.

OgtheDim
10-18-2015, 03:30 PM
And, for a moment, lets examine Montreal's motivation here

A win and Montreal finish 3rd, playing either us or NER

A tie or a loss and Montreal finishes 5th or 6th

So, yup, they will be motivated.

In essence, winner gets a home game. If we tie, we also get a home game.

Hamilton_Red
10-18-2015, 07:29 PM
That Columbus loss was a huge setback. Now have a must win against Montreal or we will end up taking the last playoff spot. Don't fancy our chances in a single away game midweek - where ever it is.

Rochdale
10-18-2015, 07:46 PM
MLSE would be pissed off if TFC finish 5th or 6th. No home final.

Lennon
10-18-2015, 08:12 PM
MLSE would be pissed off if TFC finish 5th or 6th. No home final.

Ha! We'd have to finish 2nd to have any realistic chance of a BMO final.

Unless the tiebreaker is regular season points. Not sure how that works.

GonfiaLaRete
10-18-2015, 10:04 PM
I have a bad feeling about this but I hope we can get the big 3 points here. We've been them three in a row so 4 would be nice.

Redcoe15
10-18-2015, 11:16 PM
If the playoffs were to start today, our side would be hosting Montreal. Food for thought.

ManUtd4ever
10-19-2015, 07:46 AM
Montreal has been very good at home, and they're healthy. A win is going to be a tall order. With Drogba and Piatti in form, we are going to have to score a few goals to earn a result in this one.

Detroit_TFC
10-19-2015, 08:19 AM
The tall order for 2nd is not just getting a win and seeing a draw in Columbus - need to overcome DCU's GD too. Their stomping of Chicago hurt us double (pts and GD). Need +2 at least (we have third tie breaker, GF).

It's not impossible, which makes it worse in some ways.

PopePouri
10-19-2015, 08:51 AM
The tall order for 2nd is not just getting a win and seeing a draw in Columbus - need to overcome DCU's GD too. Their stomping of Chicago hurt us double (pts and GD). Need +2 at least (we have third tie breaker, GF).

It's not impossible, which makes it worse in some ways.

Tie-breaker is wins I believe so doesn't matter.

Detroit_TFC
10-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Tie-breaker is wins I believe so doesn't matter.

I forgot the presumptive win in Mtl which would put us at 16, my mistake.

CanadaLFC
10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Going to this match.

As much as I am hopeful for a draw or win, I can also see Piatti and Drogba absolutely torching our defence.

Let's hope for the best.

reggie
10-19-2015, 09:57 AM
dont think we will get a result on sunday..they blew that chance on saturday.mtl can play d..i see a 2 or 3 nil loss on sunday.we will end up with a 500 record and the worst D in the league,all this with a player playing out of his mind.so lets give vanney a new 5 year deal and resign his pet finlay ..

Oldtimer
10-19-2015, 09:59 AM
I remember the last time we only needed a tie in the last match of the season... one of the most scarring experiences ever as a TFC supporter.

At least playoffs are a given, but an away game and out in DC would not be very satisfying.

Lennon
10-19-2015, 10:04 AM
I remember the last time we only needed a tie in the last match of the season... one of the most scarring experiences ever as a TFC supporter.

At least playoffs are a given, but an away game and out in DC would not be very satisfying.

Mhmm. I just wrote about this on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/3pac9v/unlikely_playoff_runs/cw4tkyb).

New England scares me the most. Seems like we never have success vs. them. Home OR away.

pdubs
10-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Yep. Ill take any team except NE. They always seem to have our number.

reggie
10-19-2015, 10:11 AM
our last result on the road was in july..4-4 in ny...yikes.

GonfiaLaRete
10-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Our road record is appalling but our record vs Montreal isn't too bad although they are on a roll and our last road win was like 15 years ago. Hopefully we can break that trend!!

Pint
10-19-2015, 11:40 AM
This an end of the season derby with everything to play for... take every stat and insight from the previous games and throw them out the window.

This will be a 3am back alley brawl but on a football pitch

ensco
10-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Biggest game in TFC history. Bigger than Santos Laguna or the game in NY in 2009.

Win or tie this game and everyone will agree, we made it! With home playoff game as the just reward.

Lose and we are only in because they enlarged the playoffs. Nobody will see it the same way.

Kamp Berg
10-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Maybe this is the wrong thread, but does anybody know somewhere in Niagara where tfc supporters are gathering to watch the game?
I'm okay with Hamilton if I don't have a choice.

GonfiaLaRete
10-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Biggest game in TFC history. Bigger than Santos Laguna or the game in NY in 2009.

Win or tie this game and everyone will agree, we made it! With home playoff game as the just reward.

Lose and we are only in because they enlarged the playoffs. Nobody will see it the same way.

Scary that we can place 2nd to 6th ater this game. I am in the same boat. If we finish 6th, nothing has changed from the past. Man that Columbus game was disappointing.

PopePouri
10-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Scary that we can place 2nd to 6th ater this game. I am in the same boat. If we finish 6th, nothing has changed from the past. Man that Columbus game was disappointing.

Nothing has changed. We will again miss the playoffs this year.

GonfiaLaRete
10-19-2015, 02:40 PM

Did you purposely not read the previous post I responded to? Stop responding to isolated parts of the conversation. I said IF we finish 6th (last year 6th was a not a playoff team). Only 1st to 5th would be a real difference.

Fort York Redcoat
10-19-2015, 02:56 PM

Everything has changed. Our pussplops situation is similar, though, from another year.

notthesun
10-19-2015, 03:02 PM
I would rather not finish 6th but I would just like to point out that if we lose this game our record still would have been good enough to qualify for the playoffs in 5th place in each of the past two seasons.

OgtheDim
10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Meh....playoffs is playoffs and I don't give 2 shits about expansion or not.

Does Montreal care that they got in as a 5th a couple of seasons ago and that was an added one that season? Nope.

ManUtd4ever
10-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Even if we lose the final game, 15 wins should be more than enough to be near the top of the standings. It's our defensive acumen and sub par goalkeeping that has held us back. If some of those losses were converted to draws, our record would be far more impressive.

ensco
10-19-2015, 05:48 PM
I would rather not finish 6th but I would just like to point out that if we lose this game our record still would have been good enough to qualify for the playoffs in 5th place in each of the past two seasons.

East is diluted by expansion, and wasn't strong to begin with.

jazzy
10-19-2015, 07:08 PM
There is a Mexican bar just off the highway in a mall beside a Walmart and beer store , just before the outlet mall , in Nisgara , that is soccer friendly and love tfc fans because last road trip to Columbus our MLSE bus broke down and we had to do a pit stop there . MLSE paid for all the food and drinks . HUGE 1 hr party . They'll remember and they had great homemade tacos :). Small but ALL the tics tuned to soccer .

Kamp Berg
10-19-2015, 09:08 PM
There is a Mexican bar just off the highway in a mall beside a Walmart and beer store , just before the outlet mall , in Nisgara , that is soccer friendly and love tfc fans because last road trip to Columbus our MLSE bus broke down and we had to do a pit stop there . MLSE paid for all the food and drinks . HUGE 1 hr party . They'll remember and they had great homemade tacos :). Small but ALL the tics tuned to soccer .

Thanks!

Red CB Toronto
10-19-2015, 09:19 PM
East is diluted by expansion, and wasn't strong to begin with.
Yep losing KC and Houston along with gaining NYCFC and Orlando changed the easy to the Reds benefit !

MightyDM
10-20-2015, 12:23 AM
In some ways losing to Columbus was a blessing in disguise. They'll be very motivated, not cocky. All through whatever games we have left.

QBall
10-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Rivalry + Last game of season + Important game for both teams + Giovinco + Drogba = Epic!!!

Make room in the archives because I have a feeling this one is going to be one to remember.

Yohan
10-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Rivalry + Last game of season + Important game for both teams + Giovinco + Drogba = Epic!!!

Make room in the archives because I have a feeling this one is going to be one to remember.
or a boring 1-1 draw. I don't think both teams are looking to go gung ho and go after 3 pts. save their energy for Wed's knock out rd game

OgtheDim
10-20-2015, 12:24 PM
I'll take a boring 1-1 draw but Montreal wouldn't. They need that win.

We need that first goal. And if we go up 2-0, they are going to fall apart.

Good News

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/656512926711418880

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Good news regarding Osorio. That could have ended up being a long term issue that would have kept him out of the lineup for the playoffs.

james
10-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Ya that Columbus loss was a huge set back. I herd the odds of winning on the road in MLS are lower then in any other sport here in North America (MLB ,NHL ,NBA ,NFL) and not to mention I think Toronto has been one of the worst records in all of MLS when playing on the road, even this year playing a decent season, most of our wins still came at home, and most of our loses on the road. And if anyone remembers some games this year we haven't just lost 1-0 and 2-1 games on the road, we have lost some awful matches like 3-0 followed by a 3-1 loss the next week. I am very worried about this Montreal game on Satuday as we are against a rather strong team (Since Drogba joined the team) and the fact if we lose we are not playing our first playoff game at home. Meaning odds Toronto may not even get a playoff game at all this year at BMO field.

Fingers crossed for TFC this weekend or the playoff game, but I am very nervous going into this.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Pretty sure our road record is mediocre, we did win a bunch at the start of the season

molenshtain
10-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Pretty sure our road record is mediocre, we did win a bunch at the start of the season

every MLS teams road record is mediocre.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2015, 03:06 PM
every MLS teams road record is mediocre.

true, but its not as bad as dude above is making it out to be

molenshtain
10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
true, but its not as bad as dude above is making it out to be

ah, skipped over his comment. yes, it's pretty middle of the road for MLS. The red Bulls for instance, have only won one more win away from home then we have. The Galaxy have only won two of their sixteen games away from home.

given the circumstances of the game, I'm throwing context out of the window in this one. We shouldn't expect or be surprised by any result.

jazzy
10-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Good news regarding Osorio. That could have ended up being a long term issue that would have kept him out of the lineup for the playoffs.

Huge this kid is tough and more important than many believe . If only Bradley can work with him .

andyboy
10-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Huge this kid is tough and more important than many believe . If only Bradley can work with him .

You said it Jazzy! Oso is sadly underrated but I , for one, think he brings a lot to this club.

GonfiaLaRete
10-22-2015, 12:30 AM
Hopefully Osorio is feeling it Sunday!!

Sweeper
10-22-2015, 09:25 AM
Pretty sure Giovinco will be motivated to pop at least one goal in. Kamara out on card accumulation.

Red4ever
10-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Road odds suck but I do like the fact that even if we lose, there's a really good chance we go back there mid week.

I don't like their odds of beating the same team in the same place twice in 5 days.

Auzzy
10-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Is anyone going to be watching this game at Shoeless Joe's?

MightyDM
10-22-2015, 11:21 PM
No doubt. I would hope it will be packed.

OgtheDim
10-23-2015, 01:34 PM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSBVrHTVEAEVhRk.png

C.Ronaldo
10-23-2015, 02:29 PM
would rather see warner in there to help out the D, Delgado has been too inconsistent to rely on for this game

MartinUtd
10-23-2015, 03:09 PM
I think Delgado has been straight up bad, not sure why he keeps getting minutes. I have a theory that he has a sex tape of Vanney or something equally useful to blackmail him. I agree with C.Ronaldo, Warner should be in there and if we must have a more attack minded player, then Gomez.

michaeltfc91
10-23-2015, 03:13 PM
I think Delgado has been straight up bad, not sure why he keeps getting minutes. I have a theory that he has a sex tape of Vanney or something equally useful to blackmail him. I agree with C.Ronaldo, Warner should be in there and if we must have a more attack minded player, then Gomez.

Agree 100% I have been saying it for weeks! I can't see how Delgado keeps playing, he is very young so I am not saying give up on him, but that's enough with these constant starts. At this point he is a sub end of story. Not only does he start every game he RARELY gets subbed off. It's actually crazy how many minutes he has gotten. Warner is the better option and Gomez / Findley if we need some attacking flare. This should be our lineup through the playoffs:

Altiore-Giovinco
Osorio-Bradley-Warner
Cheyrou
Morrow-Khantari-Williams-Jackson
Konopka

Pint
10-23-2015, 03:17 PM
When playing Jackson at RB we need a more defensive minded player playing in front of him on the right side, and Warner does a decent job of that.

notthesun
10-23-2015, 04:10 PM
http://www.proreferees.com/2015-mls-regular-season-assignments---week-34.php

We get Alan Kelly.

OgtheDim
10-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Montreal Impact v Toronto FC
Stade Saputo (5:00pm EDT)
REF: ALAN KELLY
AR1: Adam Wienckowski
AR2: Eric Weisbrod
4TH: Hilario Grajeda

ronzilla
10-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Any update on Perquis? Would like to see him back in the starting lineup.

Blizzard
10-23-2015, 08:52 PM
http://www.proreferees.com/2015-mls-regular-season-assignments---week-34.php

We get Alan Kelly.

Good. All the rest should be refereeing no higher than the PDL.

Stress
10-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Any update on Perquis? Would like to see him back in the starting lineup.

Wheeler said he talked to him and that perquis said he'd be back "if we go deep". So doesn't sound too promising.

andyboy
10-24-2015, 10:20 AM

This times ten!

OgtheDim
10-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Delgado had a great game vs. NYRB and then, like everybody else, looked bad against Columbus.

That having been said, I'd rather see Warner out there as this is going to be hard nosed hard fought physical game. Warner has quietly become our enforcer and I think he works well with Jackson.

You know, its in discussions like this that I just shake my head at how far this team has come.
We actually have midfield choices now.

This is the lineups from our last game of the season in 2013.

TORONTO FC Joe Bendik; Mark Bloom, Steven Caldwell ©, Doneil Henry, Ashtone Morgan; Alvaro Rey (Jeremy Hall 73’), Jonathan Osorio, Kyle Bekker, Bobby Convey; Bright Dike (Justin Braun 84’), Robert Earnshaw (Gale Agbossoumonde 90’+2) Substitutes not used: Stefan Frei, Jonas Elmer, Reggie Lambe, Andrew Wiedeman

Montreal Impact – Troy Perkins; Wandrille Lefevre, Karl Ouimette (Andres Romero 84’), Hassoun Camara, Matteo Ferrari; Hernan Bernardello, Felipe Martins (Collen Warner 57’), Davy Arnaud © (Andrea Pisanu 57’), Justin Mapp, Andrew Wenger, Marco Di Vaio
Subsitutes Not Used: Evan Bush, Maxim Tissot, Jeb Brovsky, Sanna Nyassi

Mateo1985
10-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Megabus booked. They will actually drop us off 2 blocks from the Mcleans Pub. Freaking awesome. See you all there at 11am

Ossington Mental Youth
10-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Dont think Delgado has been that bad, hes not been the best as of late and certainly shouldnt be playing at RB but has looked decent at mid, especially for his age

mistercorporate
10-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Yeah, Delgado is a good player, whether depth or starting. Hercules Gomez needs more playing time and Findley has to go. Jozy is respectable but Larin would be better.

OgtheDim
10-24-2015, 06:29 PM
I suspect we are not going to get the first goal and that will be enough for us to lose.

Yes, I would love a game on Wednesday in the rain or on Thursday. But, realistically, a win or tie is a bridge too far for us.

What I'm hoping for is that we somehow come out with a game away to DCU or CBus.

backbeat
10-24-2015, 06:47 PM
I suspect we are not going to get the first goal and that will be enough for us to lose.

Yes, I would love a game on Wednesday in the rain or on Thursday. But, realistically, a win or tie is a bridge too far for us.

What I'm hoping for is that we somehow come out with a game away to DCU or CBus.

not sure why you're saying this...

if we can't beat or tie Montreal then we're going nowhere in the playoffs and whether we play DCU or CBus away as a consolation matters not, imho....

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Hopefully the Reds can do better than the Leafs are doing in Montreal right now, at the Bell Centre and the Habs are taking it to Toronto 2-0 early in the second period !

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Hopefully the Reds can do better than the Leafs are doing in Montreal right now, at the Bell Centre and the Habs are taking it to Toronto 2-0 early in the second period !
Well there you go, The Leafs have just scored ! Come on you Reds, take out the Impact !

ronzilla
10-24-2015, 08:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TdJckDi.png

Auzzy
10-24-2015, 08:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TdJckDi.png

Hopefully it will be better weather at game time. The Weather Network says the rain will end in the morning. For 5pm game time, they're predicting 8 degrees, feels like 4 degrees, mostly sunny, and only 20% chance of rain.

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 06:59 AM
GAME DAY!!! :scarf:

Weather at game time

8 degrees feeling like 5 winds out of the W at 21 km/hr.

Sold out stadium. Lots of expectations.

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Hopefully it will be better weather at game time. The Weather Network says the rain will end in the morning. For 5pm game time, they're predicting 8 degrees, feels like 4 degrees, mostly sunny, and only 20% chance of rain.

Yeah looks like no rain at gametime, but it still is friggin cold.

The reds need to win this game at all costs. Last time these 2 teams played, toronto was very lucky to win because Oduro missed all those sitters. I hope to see a better performance today.

Updated;

http://i.imgur.com/5grRRYT.png

jazzy
10-25-2015, 09:29 AM

Sounds fair , AND on our D , who stops Drogba ? He either controls us or we get a penalty trying . He will create space for Piatti . Quite the problem . On the other hand , do both coaches actually want a win ? It could be a teasing game of boredom . Hopefully not .

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 10:42 AM
...On the other hand , do both coaches actually want a win ? It could be a teasing game of boredom . Hopefully not .

Anything less then a win and Montreal plays away. They will be highly motivated to win this one.

mowe
10-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Second biggest league game in TFC history. Against our biggest rivals. No shortage of star power. 500+ traveling supporters. I can not fucking wait.

Oldtimer
10-25-2015, 12:39 PM
I think it's 50/50 that Toronto gets a result.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Im expecting a loss but anything else is a bonus.

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 01:23 PM
A loss is going to sting like a bitch.

Defense need to put on a rock solid performance while SEBA take's care of the rest.

Lennon
10-25-2015, 01:28 PM
Is this true? (https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/3q5l5n/less_well_known_effect_of_decision_day_the_top/) I thought that playoffs counted ..

Yohan
10-25-2015, 02:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L74jgNccv_0

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 02:45 PM
Uh Oh.

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/658367145856901120

dupont
10-25-2015, 02:51 PM
This is a off topic but does anyone know if that bar Scallywags still shows TFC matches? I need a closeby-ish place to watch the game tonight.

Richard
10-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Uh Oh.

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/658367145856901120

Oh so we're playing a 2-3-5, you heard it first here folks. :)

portu
10-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Oh so we're playing a 2-3-5, you heard it first here folks. :)
It's either three at the back or Eriq Zavaleta is coming in for Kantari
Edit: nvm no changes at the back

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Larson wrong.

The @BacardiCanada (https://twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Konopka; Morrow, Kantari, Williams, Jackson; Osorio, Cheyrou, Bradley, Findley; Giovinco, Altidore

notthesun
10-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank god too. Did not want to see us try something new in a game like this.

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Given this lineup, Findley kinda makes sense.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSMCpJ2WsAA4J3R.jpg

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Anyone know a site I can stream the game from? Stuck at work

Auzzy
10-25-2015, 04:07 PM
This is a off topic but does anyone know if that bar Scallywags still shows TFC matches? I need a closeby-ish place to watch the game tonight.

Sorry I don't know about Scally's, I haven't been there in ages. They've put it on the big screen at Piper's Pub, St Clair Ave west of Christie

Yohan
10-25-2015, 04:09 PM
http://www.sportingvideo.net/20151024/vv562bf0c55b68f2.85460934-1177465.html

Eurosport stream. adblock a must

portu
10-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Difference maker today will be Jozy. If he shows up we have a great shot, but if he doesn't...

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 04:13 PM
http://www.sportingvideo.net/20151024/vv562bf0c55b68f2.85460934-1177465.html

Eurosport stream. adblock a must

Cheers!

Batman
10-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Good afternoon folks!

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Looking good boys, keep it up.

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Jackson don't be greedy. Such great defensive work and skill on the ball.

We look good, lots of energy. Just stay tight defensively.

Couchy81
10-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Wow anyone else just hear Bradley rip into Konopka to "shut the fuck up" ?

Batman
10-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Wow anyone else just hear Bradley rip into Konopka to "shut the fuck up" ?

missed it.. I wonder what Konopka said. LOL

Batman
10-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Nice chance there..

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Eat that sweet sweet turf oduro.

Couchy81
10-25-2015, 04:34 PM
missed it.. I wonder what Konopka said. LOL

He was bitching at them about the free kick setup

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:37 PM
https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/status/658395381047414784

Ugh.

QBall
10-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Anyone else see the Limpact fans holding up a sign saying "Argos welcome @ BMO Field"?

Ultra & Proud
10-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Anyone else see the Limpact fans holding up a sign saying "Argos welcome @ BMO Field"?
That's all they got. A generic phrase written in black marker on a white sheet. At least it's not on a garbage bag.

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Cmon Bradley pass the fucking ball.

flatpicker
10-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Bradley has already made a couple of questionable decisions. He needs to sharpen up!

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:45 PM
What a pass by Jozy to Seba. So close. Ugh

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:47 PM
FIndley how nooo. What a move by Seba tho.

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Lol, playing against Seba just isn't fair

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 04:48 PM
What a play by SEBA. Findley inches away from scoring.

RealG-TFC
10-25-2015, 04:52 PM
There will be blood in this game. Can see it already.

QBall
10-25-2015, 04:52 PM
That's all they got. A generic phrase written in black marker on a white sheet. At least it's not on a garbage bag.

I don't care if it was written on tree bark with crayons. Limpact fans can go eat a bag of dicks.

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Two sloppy challenges by Jozy. No need. Can't just be a wrecking ball.

Batman
I don't care if it was written on tree bark with crayons. Limpact fans can go eat a bag of dicks.

LOL

I have to admit, as much as I dont like Montreal.. in any sport.. its fun to play a MEANINGFUL game against them

charlieocc
Good one Didier!

aajking
Difference maker today will be Jozy. If he shows up we have a great shot, but if he doesn't...

He seems to struggling so far. 2 missed chances and 1 sloppy fowl.

pdubs
10-25-2015, 04:57 PM
He seems to struggling so far. 2 chances and 1 sloppy fowl.

Had that great pass to Seba from the box. Hope it clicks, he needs to stop the lazy challenges.

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 04:58 PM
He seems to struggling so far. 2 chances and 1 sloppy fowl.

This is what I got when I googled sloppy fowl (http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/1c/5c/70/1c5c70ba-9197-9221-6349-e4472cf89831/icon350x350.jpeg)

RealG-TFC
10-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Findley, where attacks go to die

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 04:59 PM
GOAlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Batman
10-25-2015, 05:00 PM
fuck ya!

ensco
Gio was being triple teamed there.

Didn't matter!

charlieocc
Yessss! Great cross seba

Nerepis
Allez, allez, allez!

pdubs
Jozy omg. Seba wow. Suck it you fucking limpact shitfucks. Yes.

notthesun
10-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Altidore hasn't always scored this year but my god does he have a lot of massive goals for us.

tfcfans
Yay!! MVP!!

aajking
He seems to struggling so far. 2 missed chances and 1 sloppy fowl.

I'll shut up now....... Haha Go Jozy and COYR!

Couchy81
Beauty! Wooooo!

Batman
10-25-2015, 05:02 PM
standings are being updated today as games are in progress, based on the then current score

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings/live

Yohan
10-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Pleased with 1st half. Controlled the play for most of the part. Piatti and Drogba contained. Looked dangerous on attack. Empty bucket formation with 2 DMs working so far

pdubs
10-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Worry is Jackson getting another yellow. He needs to cool it

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 05:03 PM
If we play like that in the second half, there's no way we don't walk out of here with 3 points

flamehawk
10-25-2015, 05:04 PM
That was an important goal!

Even if either Columbus or DC wins and we can't get 2nd spot, I much rather player Montreal than New England at home for the first playoff match.

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah great half no complaints from me which is rare g:D

aajking
10-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Gotta say, great environment by Limpact. Really looking forward to the roof addition at BMO next year.

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Just wondering, if we do get a home playoff date this week, anybody have any idea when it could be? Weds/Thurs, or what time?

jazzy
10-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Smoke and crazy but fun here ..... Got a free in impact hat and free beer from Shaputo who knew ? It's always worth it to come here . Good game , good ref unusual for MLS . Goal fro Gio and we're in good

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 05:14 PM
As it stands now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSMfIhQXIAI4Qt8.jpg:large

charlieocc
10-25-2015, 05:15 PM
I really want a home game against Montreal, that would be awesome as a first

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Important goal.

A second one quickly would be good. Would probably kill off any impetus from Montreal.

Jpexxx
10-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Worry is Jackson getting another yellow. He needs to cool it

Definitely a worry. I love the way he plays with an edge, and I feel like he's done a great job of disrupting MTL so far. He's gunna make Venegas cry before this ones over.

The yellow def makes it a little more scary tho. Hopefully he's subbed by the 60th

aajking
Just wondering, if we do get a home playoff date this week, anybody have any idea when it could be? Weds/Thurs, or what time?

http://m.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10/how-get-your-2015-playoff-tickets

Depending where we end up in the standings could be Oct 28/29th and/or Nov 1/8.

pdubs
https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst/status/658405409598894081

flamehawk
10-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Definitely a worry. I love the way he plays with an edge, and I feel like he's done a great job of disrupting MTL so far. He's gunna make Venegas cry before this ones over.

The yellow def makes it a little more scary tho. Hopefully he's subbed by the 60th

Question is, do we put Morgan in and move Morrow there or do we put Delgado in?

Yohan
10-25-2015, 05:22 PM

Jackson made Venegas cry so bad that Biello subbed in Duka for Venegas

pdubs
10-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Kantari you fuckhead.

Jpexxx
10-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Question is, do we put Morgan in and move Morrow there or do we put Delgado in?

Was pondering the same thing myself. Id prefer to keep Delgado out of the D...

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Idiots

kwhisperer
10-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Kantari you fuckhead.

Can say that again!

pdubs
10-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Kantari again.

flatpicker
Sweet Jesus

ronzilla
What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 05:30 PM
All that work of the first half seems completely gone. No wanting the ball, no controlling the ball. No touch. Sitting deep an inviting them on and then just watching a cross go by.

TWICE.

pdubs
going to walk away for 5 mins. ugh cant watch cant

Batman
What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

good lord!

adam1001
absolute shambles. This is so tfc

flatpicker
Wake up guys!!!!

Hamilton_Red
We've fallen apart completely.

notthesun
What the FUCK are we doing???? Wake up!!!!

zorsofstesab
well done Vanney, start the 2nd in a defensive mindset and the results are clear.....what a douche...

jloome
10-25-2015, 05:31 PM
All that work of the first half seems completely gone. No wanting the ball, no controlling the ball. No touch. Sitting deep an inviting them on and then just watching a cross go by.

TWICE.

Perhaps we can all drop any notion that Josh Williams or Ahmed Kantari are good enough to start in MLS regularly. Williams didn't even move there until Drogba was on the ball.

Oldtimer
It ain't over till it's over.

flatpicker
absolute shambles. This is so tfc

This is old school TFC.
I thought things were different this season.

RealG-TFC
Can we start fucking attcking holy tits

Batman
10-25-2015, 05:33 PM
if things stand as they are.. next weeks game just shifted to Montreal

jimiv
10-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Every time this team goes ahead they they stop doing what got them there - it's the same every year, every game... what a fuckin' joke.

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Findley is gassed.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 05:35 PM
So I guess TFC will be 1 and out with no home game in the playoffs.

RealG-TFC
10-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Ciman is getting away with everything ffs

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Findley is also shit.

mowe
10-25-2015, 05:38 PM

We just need a draw to get a home game. Plenty of time yet.

jloome
10-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Fucking Michael Bradley is not a big game player. There. I fucking said it. He tries too hard and kills the momentum when we're trying to catch up.

kwhisperer
10-25-2015, 05:40 PM
We need some Herc - now!

TFC07
No subs? Take out Findley and bring Gomez or Moore.

OgtheDim
Well we ain't getting second as the Crew are up 3-0.

adam1001
10-25-2015, 05:41 PM
We just need a draw to get a home game. Plenty of time yet.
Considering the complete incompetence of that pylon kantari, I wouldn't get your hopes up

Eastend
10-25-2015, 05:41 PM
We need a spark. What's Vanney waiting for?

kwhisperer
10-25-2015, 05:42 PM

The 88 minute mark.

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Bradley is not a DP level player anymore. Average MLS level midfielder I'm afraid. Still time for some Gio magic.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 05:43 PM

Scary part is that Vanney will be back next season.

Eastend
10-25-2015, 05:44 PM
As much as I can't stand Dobson, I think I'd take him over DeVos.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Montreal is getting away with a lot of fouls in this game.

mowe
10-25-2015, 05:45 PM
So the other games are set. If we lose, we end up 6th and play at Montreal again. If we draw, we host DC. If we somehow win, we host Montreal.

ronzilla
10-25-2015, 05:46 PM
Take jozy off FFS

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Annoys me how much people care about MVP and Golden boot. We're in 6th place..

Bradley FFS!

Batman
fuck Bradley.. you must be fucking kidding!

ronzilla
What a shitty referee he thinks its a hockey game.

RealG-TFC
10-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Thank god finley should have been off 10 min ago

mowe
10-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Cheyrou uncharacteristically invisible today. My question is why did we wait until the 75th minute to make subs?

Oldtimer
10-25-2015, 05:49 PM

That would not be very satisfying if it happened, would it? Especially if it happens by Montreal doing in Toronto twice.

RealG-TFC
10-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Also can DeVos stfu, my god his love for mtl is nauseating

TFC07
10-25-2015, 05:51 PM
That would not be very satisfying if it happened, would it? Especially if it happens by Montreal doing in Toronto twice.

Nope, but I am sure average TFC fan would be satisfy simply because TFC finally made it to the playoffs.

Batman
10-25-2015, 05:51 PM
exactly.. it wouolnt be much better than missing the playoffs all together. But we arent there yet so no point thinking the worst.

SenorDingDong
10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
How does the playoffs work?

Is it a 1 game elimination around? or a home and away game champions league style?

flatpicker
10-25-2015, 05:53 PM

Is it a 1 game elimination around? or a home and away game champions league style?

First round is 1 game elimination at the home of the better team.
1st and 2nd place skip that round.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 05:53 PM

First round is 1 game elimination (first and second place teams in conference get a bye though). After that, it's home and away until MLS cup final game.

SenorDingDong
10-25-2015, 05:55 PM
They need to be taking a good hard look at the D this off season.

TFC is the best for goals scored but also the worst for goals against.

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Columbus 5-0 on the big day...TFC isn't even close to that club.

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Drogba a looks like he'll be out Wednesday with that. Best player on the field today.

SenorDingDong
10-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Drogba a looks like he'll be out Wednesday with that. Best player on the field today.

To be fair, his job was made dramatically easier by our D on those goals.

SenorDingDong
10-25-2015, 05:59 PM
The good news is whenever Giovinco seems to have an "off" game he always rebounds pretty damn good.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 05:59 PM

he's back on the field

Eastend
10-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Seriously? Even with a gimp Drogba beats Williams? Wtf?

kwhisperer
10-25-2015, 06:01 PM
he's back on the field

And embarrassing our defenders even while hobbled.

Oldtimer
10-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Vanney going all out attack.

Carter
10-25-2015, 06:05 PM
At least Ill get a 90 dollar credit towards next years tickets, because we wont be playing 2 home play off games......

SenorDingDong
Hope the boys are ready for a re-do Wednesday.

charlieocc
Oh for fuck's sake Altidore

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 06:06 PM
I'd be very tempted to fire Vanney, Bradley, and Altidore this week. How slow was Alti on that chance from Gio..first time shot FFs

OgtheDim
10-25-2015, 06:07 PM
We can beat these guys in the middle of the week.

TFC07
Hopefully ticket prices are cheap in Montreal for playoff game.

Eastend
Unfuckingbelievable

portu
10-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Holy shit how tfc is this? We go from 2nd to 6th in 3 weeks

Oldtimer
10-25-2015, 06:08 PM
I'd be very tempted to fire Vanney, Bradley, and Altidore this week. How slow was Alt

Turnover is not the answer.

TFC07
10-25-2015, 06:09 PM
We can beat these guys in the middle of the week.

Agree. Montreal isn't that good of team, it just about containing Drogba which might be a big ask for TFC backline.

That being said, playing against Montreal would be a lot more exciting than playing against New England or DC United.

Oldtimer
Well it's over.

SenorDingDong
Turnover is not the answer.

No it never is.

Team is good, only needs a couple key pieces in D.

portu
I'd be very tempted to fire Vanney, Bradley, and Altidore this week. How slow was Alti on that chance from Gio..first time shot FFs
Just Vanney and Altidore

Batman
10-25-2015, 06:10 PM
no home playoff date for TFC..
Considering all the money they spent..
if they lost next week I expect that will be the end of Vanney.

Ultra & Proud
Well if we lose mid week and NYCFC sack Kreis, I think the 3 match skid might just sink Vanney.

As as it was shaking out losing this was the best option. This is the only place we could win away at.

T-boy
Just Vanney and Altidore

Some of you sound crazy - we want playoffs, now we don't have a home game and we fire people? I'm glad you aren't my bosses!

ronzilla
Vanneys last day on the job next wednesday.

SenorDingDong
10-25-2015, 06:11 PM
I would only fire him if they have someone significantly better lined up to replace him. There's no point firing him just to fire him and then getting the first guy in the lineup to coach next.

Marc"2L"
And the 6th playoff spot is now officially the "TFC Mercy" spot.

notthesun
10 bad minutes. Besides that this game was ours.

Gonna enjoy eliminating them in their own building.

Loyal
The bottom line is we only had to worry about covering one guy - and couldn't do it as he scored twice, hit a crossbar and missed another rocket

The entire back line, including Perquiz are not MLS calibre

portu
10-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Lol last year this would have been us getting knocked out of the playoffs

btw even if we win midweek we'd still have to play NYRB in the semis

ronzilla
Just Vanney and Altidore

Agreed, vanney and altidore should be the first ones gone.

flatpicker
So, without the new playoff structure, we'd have missed out again, right? Not quite the improvement I was hoping for. Is it possible Toronto can go into the next game against Montreal with a little extra spark as they look for redemption? God, I hope so.

portu
I would only fire him if they have someone significantly better lined up to replace him. There's no point firing him just to fire him and then getting the first guy in the lineup to coach next.
Fabio Capello

aajking
10-25-2015, 06:13 PM
10 bad minutes. Besides that this game was ours.

Gonna enjoy eliminating them in their own building.

Unfortunately it'll have to be in theirs.

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 06:13 PM
We only qualified because they expanded the playoffs. We can't win a big game when it counts. Biggest payroll in the league. Orlando - expansion team only a few points behind.

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 06:14 PM
You're in Lala dreamland if you think we will win mid-week away against anyone when it counts.

Loyal
10-25-2015, 06:15 PM
We do lead the league in excuses!

james
10-25-2015, 06:16 PM
How do we get ticket for playoff game on Wednesday/Thursday in Montreal?????? anyone going to make the trip for first playoff game ever????

We will get an away section like we did tonight???

QBall
10-25-2015, 06:16 PM
8 years to wait for TFC to get into the playoffs. 8+ years to wait to see TFC play a playoff game at home. #fml

aajking
10-25-2015, 06:18 PM
The league wants us to get a home playoff game, and I think partially because of that we will beat Limpact in the mid-week game.

Beyond that, good luck with NYRB.

Nytekrawla
10-25-2015, 06:18 PM
So ya, how do we get tickets for the game midweek lol

brad
10-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Some of you sound crazy - we want playoffs, now we don't have a home game and we fire people? I'm glad you aren't my bosses!

Good thing the league changed the rules this year, or we wouldn't have playoffs.

portu
If you are satisfied with this season then you are absolutely positively fucked in the head

ManUtd4ever
Getting eliminated by Montreal of all teams? We better win.

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2015, 06:20 PM
two huge chances to tie that up - Bradley missing a sitter off the bar and Altidore slow as molasses in the yard box.

Bezbetchenko and Vanney's failure to sort out the centreback positions have blown this season.