PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets and Seasons Tickets

Pages : [1] 2 3

OgtheDim
10-14-2015, 10:49 PM
First things first

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!

Secondly, would a kind person figure out how we can get a live link to that page given the site won't let me use that word in even a link?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10/how-get-your-2015-playoff-tickets

So tickets will go on sale to the public Thurs. Oct 22.

Expect an email about a SSH ticket package tomorrow or Friday or at the latest Sunday night once things are a tad more settled.

T-boy
10-14-2015, 10:52 PM
The way I'm reading this - is that SSH's have to put a deposit down for 2016 season seats to get a pussplop ticket? Eh?!

Lennon
10-14-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm wondering if it even makes sense to buy tickets early ..
All season I've been able to get tickets at 1/2 face value and now with the Jays advancing I wonder if this will continue.

notthesun
10-14-2015, 11:01 PM
Can we get the p-word uncensored now? It's actually messing up links with the word in the URL as you can see in the first post lol

OgtheDim
10-14-2015, 11:03 PM
At Last. We’ve done it. Toronto FC has qualified for the play-offs for the first time in club history.

With the play-offs beckoning here’s what you need to know in terms of purchasing tickets. We’ll also provide a primer for the 2015 MLS Cup play-offs format.

HOW TO GET TICKETS

Current Season Seat Holders will have the ability to obtain their play-off seats through their Season Seat Renewal Process. (additional tickets will also be available)
Guarantee play-off access by purchasing 2016 season seats prior to Oct 22. Place your deposit here (http://www.torontofc.ca/2016SeasonSeats)
Join TFC offers list for presale and priority access: Sign Up Here (http://www.torontofc.ca/sign-up)

Single Game Play-off Tickets go on sale

Wed. Oct 21st – Single Match Pre-Sale (Insiders)
Thurs. Oct 22nd - Public Sale
HOW THE PLAY-OFFS WORK

First p****** round (October 28-29)
1st and 2nd place in both conferences gets a bye
3rd place hosts 6th place in a one game p******
4th place hosts 5th place in a one game p******
Conference Semifinals (November 1 and November 8)
Lowest remaining seed hosts 1st place team in Game 1
1st place team hosts lowest seed in Game 2 – winner decided by aggregate score.
Second lowest remaining seed hosts 2nd place team in Game 1
2nd place team hosts second lowest remaining seed in Game 2 – winner decided by aggregate score.
Conference Finals (November 22 and November 29)
Lower Seed Winner hosts Higher Seed in Game 1
Higher Seed Hosts Lower Seed Winner in Game 2 – winner decided by aggregate score.
Final (December 6)
Highest remaining seed hosts the MLS Cup final.

Hmmmmm, yes it seems SS Renewals are coming this weekend.

kwhisperer
10-15-2015, 05:45 AM
It looks like season ticket holders cannot automatically buy their own seats for playoffs unless they renew. Pretty shocked if that's true.

FRANKIE65
10-15-2015, 06:04 AM
It looks like season ticket holders cannot automatically buy their own seats for playoffs unless they renew. Pretty shocked if that's true.

Very sad way to conduct business. Is MLSE that insecure?!?!?!?

Borga
10-15-2015, 07:05 AM
MLSE should be ashamed to pull this garbage, but whatever. I want to watch a playoff game so I will suck it up.

TheGoodson
10-15-2015, 07:56 AM
That is pretty standard practice for most professional sports team...

Detroit_TFC
10-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I'll wait for more info before drawing any conclusions, what's on the website right now is confusing.

FWIW, for this season the NFL changed the playoff ticketing process league wide, given the big problems many teams had with it last year. Essentially had STH declare in advance whether they wanted their tickets should their team get a home playoff game.

Red CB Toronto
10-15-2015, 08:30 AM
I'll wait for more info before drawing any conclusions, what's on the website right now is confusing.

FWIW, for this season the NFL changed the playoff ticketing process league wide, given the big problems many teams had with it last year. Essentially had STH declare in advance whether they wanted their tickets should their team get a home playoff game.

What happened with the NFL last year, just curious?

kwhisperer
10-15-2015, 08:35 AM
That is pretty standard practice for most professional sports team...

I don't think it is. When I had Raptors season tickets, I automatically had the option to buy my seats for the playoffs and it was in not contingent on renewing.

Petor
10-15-2015, 08:51 AM

I wonder what happens to season ticket holders who chose the "Convenience" package when renewing last year?
If one chose the convenience pack one would get all Champions League and Playoff tickets for their seat, and your credit card would be charged if TFC happens to qualify for either or both.

baltic_lat
10-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Got an e-mail from the account rep. We're supposed to be getting an e-mail today with invoice for renewal and playoff tickets. We will have until October 22nd to confirm our seats. This is from the rep so info can change.

GreatWhiteNorth
10-15-2015, 09:19 AM
I think it's bad wording. If you are an SSH, you get first rights to your seats. If you want early access to playoff tickets, sign up and place a deposit for season tickets for 2016. What I am not sure of, is if us SSH's get the first crack at extra tickets, or if we get a window alongside future 2016 deposit holders. Playoffs are part of the current season, they can't tell us we need to renew to get playoff tickets. Besides, there is not enough time for them to scramble and make everyone go through the actual renewal process before the 28th. Of course, that is just me thinking logically.

JollyBenjabi
10-15-2015, 09:26 AM
It's no different than what MLSE does with its other properties. For Maple Leafs and Raptors playoff tickets if you are a season seat holder you have first crack at your tickets (option to purchase playoff tickets or not). If you opt to purchase your tickets for the playoffs, then there is a minimal deposit that is paid for the next season renewal. In the case of the Raptors and Maple Leafs, any unused tickets that are purchased (because they ask you to purchase all rounds) are applied to your renewal balance. The Jays did the same thing to their SSH as well (buy all playoff games up to the World Series).

kwhisperer
10-15-2015, 09:36 AM
It's no different than what MLSE does with its other properties. For Maple Leafs and Raptors playoff tickets if you are a season seat holder you have first crack at your tickets (option to purchase playoff tickets or not). If you opt to purchase your tickets for the playoffs, then there is a minimal deposit that is paid for the next season renewal. In the case of the Raptors and Maple Leafs, any unused tickets that are purchased (because they ask you to purchase all rounds) are applied to your renewal balance. The Jays did the same thing to their SSH as well (buy all playoff games up to the World Series).

I didn't have to put down a deposit for renewal when I got my playoff tickets for Raptors v Magic. Maybe it's changed since then.

Justin10000
10-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Is it really a big deal, though? I'm going to renew anyways, so putting down a small deposit early isn't a big deal for me. As long as SSH holder get first dibs at purchasing extra tickets, I'm happy.

kwhisperer
10-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Is it really a big deal, though? I'm going to renew anyways, so putting down a small deposit early isn't a big deal for me. As long as SSH holder get first dibs at purchasing extra tickets, I'm happy.

For me it's a big deal because I'm not renewing. I should have the option to purchase my own seat for playoffs.

T-boy
10-15-2015, 09:43 AM
For me it's a big deal because I'm not renewing. I should have the option to purchase my own seat for playoffs.

I suppose the theory is that most fans will want to get their playoff tickets and are so pumped that we are in the playoffs that they will "definitely" want 2016 season tickets. However I'm sure there are a few 2015 SSH that won't be renewing for 2016, for whatever reason, but still still want to see the 2015 playoffs.

nfitz
10-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Not seeing the surprise here. Isn't this how the 2010 MLS Cup tickets worked - you got your seat if you purchased 2011 seasons? If you don't, you still get an option to purchase tickets on October 21st before the public sale. Not necessarily the same seat, but typically hasn't been a problem getting similar. I don't see that anyone isn't going to have an opportunity here.

If one has a real sob story (perhaps one is moving to Europe - or even worse, Montreal) perhaps your account person at MLSE can do something. Though I don't see much point worrying too much until the process starts, and we understand how it really works.

Detroit_TFC
10-15-2015, 10:19 AM
What happened with the NFL last year, just curious?

Complaints about availability, short notice on assembling waiting lists, post season ticket pricing gotchas... New system allows teams to have their lists in hand, let people know pricing, have payment preference on file if needed (auto c/c or billed), stuff like that. I thought it was weird to be asked about playoff tickets before the season started, but probably will make it easier for those teams. Not relevant for my team now (0-5).

Pookie
10-15-2015, 10:38 AM
I think there is a MASSIVE CLARIFICATION is needed here.

People were sold on the 2015 Benefits of having a season ticket based on "Priority Access to purchase tickets for additional BMO Field events, including Toronto FC Playoffs"

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html

Now that they are in it… this is how one gets playoff tickets?

HOW TO GET TICKETS

Current Season Seat Holders will have the ability to obtain their playoff seats through their Season Seat Renewal Process. (additional tickets will also be available)
Guarantee playoff access by purchasing a NEW 2016 season seats prior to Oct 22. Place your deposit here (http://www.torontofc.ca/2016SeasonSeats)
Join TFC offers list for presale and priority access: Sign Up Here (http://www.torontofc.ca/sign-up)

If I bought seats under that promise, I should expect to get access to tickets for 2015… on a priority basis… regardless of what I do in 2016.

It sure doesn't read that way. My expectations for this FO probably couldn't get any lower but if they don't clarify that… they just did.

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2015, 10:39 AM
The way I'm reading this - is that SSH's have to put a deposit down for 2016 season seats to get a pussplop ticket? Eh?!

pussplop....

pussplop

amazing. I am a pussplop superfan.:smilielol5:

Areathrasher
10-15-2015, 10:40 AM
The wording is horrible.

Would it be commit to a renewal but not have payment due till new year with an opt out option?

Very poor effort tbf

Areathrasher
10-15-2015, 10:40 AM
pussplop....

pussplop

amazing. I am a pussplop superfan.:smilielol5:

I thought he was talking about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukkelpop :lol:

TheGoodson
10-15-2015, 10:44 AM
I was speaking to a friend who has Raptor seasons and this past year they did the exact same thing.... With the Raptors if you chose not to renew your tickets you will still have access to playoff tickets, but more than likely you will not be in your own seat. So before everyone goes postal on MLSE can we just wait and see what happens???

We should all be still be over the moon we finally made the playoffs!!!!!!!! :scarf: :flare:

Ultra & Proud
10-15-2015, 10:46 AM
The funniest and saddest thing is that we are in year 9 and this whole getting a playoff ticket and how it works is totally new and confusing ground for some (most?).

Red CB Toronto
10-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Simple as this, if you want to be at the playoff game, you will, lots of tickets to be had !!

Ultra & Proud
10-15-2015, 10:48 AM
I was speaking to a friend who has Raptor seasons and this past year they did the exact same thing.... With the Raptors if you chose not to renew your tickets you will still have access to playoff tickets, but more than likely you will not be in your own seat. So before everyone goes postal on MLSE can we just wait and see what happens???
That's not how it works 'round these parts. When something good happens you automatically search for the first thing to throw your arms up and complain about. It's how supporting TFC works.

Oldtimer
10-15-2015, 10:57 AM
I fixed all of the edits in this thread and the thread title. We're in, no need for the joking "superstition!"

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2015, 10:58 AM
I think there is a MASSIVE CLARIFICATION is needed here.

People were sold on the 2015 Benefits of having a season ticket based on "Priority Access to purchase tickets for additional BMO Field events, including Toronto FC Playoffs"

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html

Now that they are in it… this is how one gets playoff tickets?

HOW TO GET TICKETS

Current Season Seat Holders will have the ability to obtain their playoff seats through their Season Seat Renewal Process. (additional tickets will also be available)
Guarantee playoff access by purchasing a NEW 2016 season seats prior to Oct 22. Place your deposit here (http://www.torontofc.ca/2016SeasonSeats)

If I bought seats under that promise, I should expect to get access to tickets for 2015… on a priority basis… regardless of what I do in 2016.

It sure doesn't read that way. My expectations for this FO probably couldn't get any lower but if they don't clarify that… they just did.

Well said. I guess peeps getting playoff tickets didn't have to pay for more than one season for them so that's a benefit, riiiiiight??

Also - Hundreds of people still don't know where they'll be sitting after renovation....

Nice "look at the birdie" move, TFC.

TFC1154ever
10-15-2015, 11:05 AM
I hate being the Sally Sour Pants, but just a reminder that we haven't clinched a home playoff game yet. A win against Columbus on Saturday will do that. Win the last 2 would clinch us a Bye into the 2nd round.

Areathrasher
10-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Spoke with my rep...Seeking clarification that one isn't dependent on the other.

You will have access to both renewing your seats as well as purchasing your season seat location for playoffs separately. The reason the wording is like that is because both will be going out at the same time

Areathrasher
10-15-2015, 11:37 AM
So you don't have to renew to get playoff tickets.

Renewing only gets you access to ADDITIONAL seats.

Renewal period will start shortly and run pretty quick (couple of weeks)

Full details sent out next few days.

OgtheDim
10-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Ok I'm just going to go to my happy place right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQhEbvb4v7Q

kwhisperer
10-15-2015, 12:00 PM

Seba just smokes those defenders - can't watch often enough!

nfitz
10-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Renewing only gets you access to ADDITIONAL seats.Not sure basis for that. Any insider on the red list gets access to additional seats. I have no doubt that any 2-seat SSH that doesn't renew could purchase 4 playoff seats.

I'd assume that renewing SSH might get better pricing ... but I don't think that should surprise anyone. Seems to be a lot of discussion of something that hasn't been announced yet.

Yohan
10-15-2015, 12:42 PM
It's funny, because there's no guarantee that we will get a home playoff date as of now...

T-boy
10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Anybody know what Seba is doing in his celebration? (and I can safely assume its not signing a fake cheque hahahahaha!). Is he turning back the clock due to his travels maybe?

Joe Kool
10-15-2015, 01:07 PM
Anybody know what Seba is doing in his celebration? (and I can safely assume its not signing a fake cheque hahahahaha!). Is he turning back the clock due to his travels maybe?

Stirring the pot....

Red4ever
10-15-2015, 01:10 PM
When was this email sent. I haven't seen it.

mook-life
10-15-2015, 01:32 PM
When was this email sent. I haven't seen it.

Ya i keep checking my email

Ultra & Proud
10-15-2015, 02:01 PM

From this angle, you appreciate the good little run Osorio did to help Seba get that little but of extra space before the shot. I never noticed it until now but that was definitely a good run from him. At this point he is pretty much fighting it out with the Almighty Jackson for the most improved player on the squad.

nfitz
10-15-2015, 02:44 PM
When was this email sent. I haven't seen it.I don't think any emails have been sent ... except perhaps in response to those who emailed their MLSE rep with questions.

All there has been is the notice on their website - http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10/how-get-your-2015-playoff-tickets which has lead to some people emailing them questions.

Red4ever
10-15-2015, 02:53 PM
I don't think any emails have been sent ... except perhaps in response to those who emailed their MLSE rep with questions.

All there has been is the notice on their website - http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10/how-get-your-2015-playoff-tickets which has lead to some people emailing them questions.

Much appreciated!

Jack
10-15-2015, 03:04 PM
That's not how it works 'round these parts. When something good happens you automatically search for the first thing to throw your arms up and complain about. It's how supporting TFC works.
After everything they've pulled over the years, from the greedy price increases to the Marlies ransom packs, does it surprise you that a poorly-worded message would be interpreted in a negative manner? At first glance, it read like "you'll get your playoff tickets if you renew" to me. Apparently, it's poorly worded and that isn't the case, but my initial reaction was "here we go again with this shit" instead of "how do I give you my money for playoff tickets?"

We made the playoffs and I'm very happy about that, but I'm not going to suddenly want to pay 50% more for tickets after one good season, so being forced to renew to get my playoff tickets would bug me. Despite expecting them to, it still sours me somewhat that they pounce on this like it's the be-all, end-all. We made the playoffs and that's great, but we haven't won shit.

nfitz
10-15-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm amazed how quick everyone is to go negative. The notice clearly says insiders can get access to playoff tickets. That includes former SSH; and that doesn't preclude existing SSH having access ahead of them, as implied by the comments above from those who have spoken to their rep.

Ticket prices next sesaon? The early-bird price this season in Supporters was $342 this season. I can't see that going up much. Now, the short-term discounts that people got as apologies for previous poor seasons might vanish - but I don't think that should surprise anyone (though I guess based on the past, someone will be complaining about it).

Jack
10-15-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm amazed how quick everyone is to go negative. The notice clearly says insiders can get access to playoff tickets. That includes former SSH; and that doesn't preclude existing SSH having access ahead of them, as implied by the comments above from those who have spoken to their rep.

Ticket prices next sesaon? The early-bird price this season in Supporters was $342 this season. I can't see that going up much. Now, the short-term discounts that people got as apologies for previous poor seasons might vanish - but I don't think that should surprise anyone (though I guess based on the past, someone will be complaining about it).
You're surprised that we would react negatively to something from MLSE? Or that we would think they were trying to force renewals? There is some history of them being greedy with ticket pricing and renewals. But your optimism is refreshing. I doubt I can regain my faith in MLSE, as you seem to have, but you never know.

Anyway, after re-reading the page on their site and then clicking the link to the reservation page, there is some fine print saying this doesn't apply to 2015 seasons tickets holders. But hell, yes, the first impression I got was negative. And hell yes, I tend to be overly sensitive to that stuff from these guys. Once bitten and all...

EDIT: And judging by the comments on the TFC website and social media, the confusion over the wording and the tying of renewals to playoff tickets is not just here. Many people have interpreted it to mean you have to renew to get playoff tickets.

Ultra & Proud
10-15-2015, 03:20 PM
After everything they've pulled over the years, from the greedy price increases to the Marlies ransom packs, does it surprise you that a poorly-worded message would be interpreted in a negative manner? At first glance, it read like "you'll get your playoff tickets if you renew" to me. Apparently, it's poorly worded and that isn't the case, but my initial reaction was "here we go again with this shit" instead of "how do I give you my money for playoff tickets?"

In this case, for me, I was indifferent as I plan on renewing anyway but I think the whole thing was a carefully calculated, poorly worded piece. Probably dropped to the public to gauge response and will be 'clarified' after they see the negative response.

As usual the timing was shit but I expected that. They always jump the gun and do everything the used car salesman way. That's their style and ours is to always be suspicious and negative. It's like a long lasting dysfunctional relationship.

nfitz
10-15-2015, 03:22 PM
The deposits? That's a whole different thing ... that's for current non-SSH.

How can one not be optimistic after yesterday!

I wouldn't be surprised if people renewing get a better price than those who don't (or who delay renewing). But is that unfair ... it's a temptation to renew early.

Though I have to wonder ... 9 years of hell ... and after this, where are all these people who aren't renewing? Unless you are moving to some hellish backwater - or worse, Montreal - I don't see the concern.

Ultra & Proud
10-15-2015, 03:26 PM
The big and justified outrage will come shortly when south end seats will be Real Madrid friendly priced for the first playoff match.

And then they'll jack season seats 20% for next year like they used to before ungodly failures beat the car salesmen percentile of the ticket sales department into submission.

pdubs
10-15-2015, 03:28 PM
https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/654754284962058240

Red4ever
10-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Does trying to trick your most die hard supporters into forking over more money constitute a barbaric cultural practice?

If so, I may have an idea...

Red4ever
10-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Though I have to wonder ... 9 years of hell ... and after this, where are all these people who aren't renewing?

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/who-are-these-people.jpg

Jack
10-15-2015, 03:42 PM
In this case, for me, I was indifferent as I plan on renewing anyway but I think the whole thing was a carefully calculated, poorly worded piece. Probably dropped to the public to gauge response and will be 'clarified' after they see the negative response.

As usual the timing was shit but I expected that. They always jump the gun and do everything the used car salesman way. That's their style and ours is to always be suspicious and negative. It's like a long lasting dysfunctional relationship.
True enough g:D

The deposits? That's a whole different thing ... that's for current non-SSH.

How can one not be optimistic after yesterday!

I wouldn't be surprised if people renewing get a better price than those who don't (or who delay renewing). But is that unfair ... it's a temptation to renew early.

Though I have to wonder ... 9 years of hell ... and after this, where are all these people who aren't renewing? Unless you are moving to some hellish backwater - or worse, Montreal - I don't see the concern.
It was a pretty magical day, that's for sure! And if there's a discount for early renewal, I'll probably take it as I'm planning to renew anyway, barring some ridiculous increase in pricing.

The big and justified outrage will come shortly when south end seats will be Real Madrid friendly priced for the first playoff match.

And then they'll jack season seats 20% for next year like they used to before ungodly failures beat the car salesmen percentile of the ticket sales department into submission.
If/when they do this, they'll find their demand goes with it, as it did in the past.

https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/654754284962058240
Yup. They just messed up the wording. I guess that's what happens when interns write stuff, eh?

nfitz
10-15-2015, 04:14 PM
It was a pretty magical day, that's for sure! And if there's a discount for early renewal, I'll probably take it as I'm planning to renew anyway, barring some ridiculous increase in pricing.What ridiculous though? For the 19-game package in supporters last season, some were paying Year 1 pricing ($190). Those who came in 2013 were paying year 3 pricing ($266). Those who came last year or early this year paid half-way between year 4 and year 5 pricing ($342). And in theory those that came late this year paid the highest ever seen ($380). Previously pricing peaked in year 5, and was held at year 6 at $361.

So is going back to year 5 pricing for renewals going to be seen as a ridiculous increase (for those still on year 1 pricing)?

brad
10-15-2015, 04:37 PM
If the Jays make it past the Royals, we could potentially be going up against a Jays playoff game on either or Oct 28th or Nov 1st (depending on where we land). I really hope that's not the case. Would be good for those looking for tickets on teh secondary market I suppose.

brad
10-15-2015, 04:38 PM
What ridiculous though? For the 19-game package in supporters last season, some were paying Year 1 pricing ($190). Those who came in 2013 were paying year 3 pricing ($266). Those who came last year or early this year paid half-way between year 4 and year 5 pricing ($342). And in theory those that came late this year paid the highest ever seen ($380). Previously pricing peaked in year 5, and was held at year 6 at $361.

So is going back to year 5 pricing for renewals going to be seen as a ridiculous increase (for those still on year 1 pricing)?

Not saying it's still the case, but in the past when the prices were getting jacked up, people on here focused on percentage of the increase - not just the total value. At $380 - those tickets still represented great value for money IMHO, but completely understand why people were pissed watching the prices go up as we continued to suck.

PAOK17
10-15-2015, 04:40 PM

I moved to Montreal and still renew. I guess I'm pretty crazy :p

nfitz
10-15-2015, 04:55 PM
I moved to Montreal and still renew. I guess I'm pretty crazy :pWow - you need VIA Rail to restore the overnight train!

Ossington Mental Youth
10-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Do we know the plausible dates for the play off game?
I need ot make sure i have the day off or get it off

ensco
10-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Between the fact that they have thousands of seats to sell, time of year (it's going to be cold/blustery or worse) and the likelihood of high prices .. I feel confident that absolutely every non SSH who wants to go to a playoff game will be able to go.

I suspect it'll be $100 or more a seat, and will give a lot of people pause.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Between the fact that they have thousands of seats to sell, time of year (it's going to be cold/blustery or worse) and the likelihood of high prices .. I feel confident that absolutely every non SSH who wants to go to a playoff game will be able to go.

Itll be interesting to see if they price themselves out of a full house

molenshtain
10-15-2015, 06:12 PM

dependent on a ton of things. The dates it could conceivably be are 28th,29th, 31st, 1st, 6th, 7th.

Pookie
10-15-2015, 06:55 PM
If the Jays make it past the Royals, we could potentially be going up against a Jays playoff game on either or Oct 28th or Nov 1st (depending on where we land). I really hope that's not the case. Would be good for those looking for tickets on teh secondary market I suppose.

You know, I hope they don't go up against the Jays. The really interesting question that will be answered is whether Toronto FC can draw the casual fan to an outdoor playoff game in October if the weather is less than ideal.

Two sides can be easily argued.

1) It would be a packed house. An event for the casual fan and what the die hard lives for… MLS Success.

2) It would be like New England or a CONCACAF game. A non-event for the casual fan if it was bad weather or inconvenient to get to. MLS Playoffs? Is Beckham still playing?

Not going up against the Jays would definitively determine what level of support exists for TFC within the casual Toronto Sports Market.

portu
10-15-2015, 07:01 PM
http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/who-are-these-people.jpg
Haha I freaked out over this because I won't be renewing because I'll be starting law school in the UK and I'll miss every game from mid to late August on.

djcuse
10-15-2015, 07:18 PM

Playoff dates:
October 28 or 29 (if we finish 3rd or 4th, game at home, 5th or 6th on road)
November 1 (away game if we finish 2nd, Home game if we finish 3-6th)
November 8 (home game if we finish 2nd, away game if we finish 3-6th)

djcuse
10-15-2015, 07:20 PM
dependent on a ton of things. The dates it could conceivably be are 28th,29th, 31st, 1st, 6th, 7th.

There are no playoff games on October 31, and November 6

molenshtain
10-15-2015, 07:22 PM
There are no playoff games on October 31, and November 6

Shit, must have read it wrong when it came out.

Auzzy
10-15-2015, 07:25 PM
djcuse already has more details above, but here's the general schedule link if you're interested:

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2644531/2015-mls-cup-playoffs-schedule-and-playoff-picture

pdogg
10-15-2015, 09:04 PM
One of my colleagues also mentioned that the raptors have their opening game on the 28th. If we finish 3rd/4th and have a home game, I'd imagine MLSE petitioning the league for the game to be on the 29th. TFC/Jays/Raptors all on the same night seems ridiculous.

Red CB Toronto
10-15-2015, 09:19 PM
One of my colleagues also mentioned that the raptors have their opening game on the 28th. If we finish 3rd/4th and have a home game, I'd imagine MLSE petitioning the league for the game to be on the 29th. TFC/Jays/Raptors all on the same night seems ridiculous.

Yeh the 28th would be a World Series game at the AL team ie Blue Jays and the Raptors season opener, so MLSE, TFC and MLS Wouod move stupid not to move such a gsme back a night.

Fort York Redcoat
10-16-2015, 08:10 AM
This is the playoff pussplop tickets thread but because of them tying them into renewals we have the snow over of results over info about next years stadium reno and moves. It's insulting.

T-boy
10-16-2015, 08:27 AM

I would hope they don't overprice the tickets. Ok, some people will pay more as they are "playoffs" and its the first time. But a half full stadium isn't going to be the "12th man" that TFC need on the field - they NEED to have a full house of screaming insane TFC fans packed into the corners of the stadium.

Let's hope they are sensible about prices on this occasion.

ensco
10-16-2015, 08:29 AM
I would hope they don't overprice the tickets. Ok, some people will pay more as they are "playoffs" and its the first time. But a half full stadium isn't going to be the "12th man" that TFC need on the field - they NEED to have a full house of screaming insane TFC fans packed into the corners of the stadium.

Let's hope they are sensible about prices on this occasion.

No chance whatsoever. That's not the primary concern.

What they "need" is to price them high for non SSH, because they "need" to show SSH that there is value in being an SSH.

It's a do loop that'll lead to 15000 being there, once you factor in weather etc.

GonfiaLaRete
10-16-2015, 08:49 AM
Oh man in theory, if we make it to the conference finals, the home match will be quite cold!!!!!!!!!

kwhisperer
10-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Haha I freaked out over this because I won't be renewing because I'll be starting law school in the UK and I'll miss every game from mid to late August on.

Best of luck! No such lofty reason for me ... I'm not renewing because I spend too many of my weekends out of Toronto and scheduling my life around TFC home games has been a headache for the last few years. I'll still go to a decent number of games, though.

akoto
10-16-2015, 10:10 AM
OMG Please let us finish 2nd! I have to be out of town on November 1st. I've waited so long for this and I would be heart broken to miss it.

molenshtain
10-16-2015, 10:19 AM
OMG Please let us finish 2nd! I have to be out of town on November 1st. I've waited so long for this and I would be heart broken to miss it.

Seconded. I'm in Montreal that weekend to see some friends at Mcgill and I'd hate to have to cut it short and do that six hour bus back sunday morning to watch us.

Red4ever
10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
I think we'll get the 29th if we host a wild card. They'd be huge dicks not to give it to us.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 10:46 AM
I think we'll get the 29th if we host a wild card. They'd be huge dicks not to give it to us.It has everything to do with what the TV networks in the USA want to do, and nothing to do with what else is happening in Toronto that day, or who has the largest genitalia.

Red4ever
10-16-2015, 11:07 AM
It has everything to do with what the TV networks in the USA want to do, and nothing to do with what else is happening in Toronto that day, or who has the largest genitalia.

I partially agree, but I think it's lessened for mid week wild card games where to be honest it's six one half a dozen of the other.

Having a World Series game 1, a basketball home opener and a MLS playoff game on the same night would be painful for the city's gridlock. I'm sure its already on the radar and the league would help us out if that lined up.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Having a World Series game 1, a basketball home opener and a MLS playoff game on the same night would be painful for the city's gridlock. I'm sure its already on the radar and the league would help us out if that lined up.I disagree. Not sure how it's much different from when there's been a sold-out Blue Jays game, a sold-out concert at ACC, and a full stadium at BMO Field - which has happened before.

It will come down to which timeslots have the biggest potential US TV audience, and which game will attract the most viewers. As there is no baseball on Thursday October 28, I suspect the biggest match-ups will be on that day. What might work in our favour, is that Bradley and Altidore might get more TV interest than Columbus Crew or Sporting Kansas. Though if Montreal plays Toronto, I'd think Wednesday.

mowe
10-16-2015, 01:33 PM
It has everything to do with what the TV networks in the USA want to do, and nothing to do with what else is happening in Toronto that day, or who has the largest genitalia.

In this case, no it does not. All knockout games are being broadcast by UniMas. They will have two games on Wednesday, two on Thursday. They don't really care which teams are on which day, it's just gonna be an East matchup at 7/8 PM, followed by a West game.

If TFC did end up having to deal with a World Series game 1 and NBA season opener in their city on the same day, they would obviously be given priority to have their game on Thursday. Nothing to worry about.

SenorDingDong
10-16-2015, 02:08 PM
BMO field in November.

Shiver me timbers, button up.

GreatWhiteNorth
10-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Just logged into my account manager, invoice for Playoffs and 2016 Renewal has been posted. Prices have gone up significantly. My two in 111 went from about ~240 to ~320. First payment for payment plan is due November 6th.

Also, it appears we only have until October 22nd to secure the playoff tickets! "Due Date 22 October 2015"

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 03:45 PM
http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/renew.php

So can we call this tied selling? Although I guess you can pay for just the playoff seats since they are a separate invoice. But yeah, the email still makes it sound like you need to do both.

My seat in 111 went from 228 to 323. Playoff tickets are $40 each. I guess they do want an empty stadium for the playoffs.

Joe Kool
10-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Just logged into my account manager, invoice for Playoffs and 2016 Renewal has been posted. Prices have gone up significantly. My two in 111 went from about ~240 to ~320. First payment for payment plan is due November 6th.

Also, it appears we only have until October 22nd to secure the playoff tickets! "Due Date 22 October 2015"

Wow that's quite the jump....they looking to see even more empty seats next year? With the plentiful availability of seats for every game from different outlets I really wonder how they could have the nerve to do that...just because they make the playoffs once.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 03:54 PM
In this case, no it does not. All knockout games are being broadcast by UniMas. They will have two games on Wednesday, two on Thursday. They don't really care which teams are on which day, it's just gonna be an East matchup at 7/8 PM, followed by a West game.

If TFC did end up having to deal with a World Series game 1 and NBA season opener in their city on the same day, they would obviously be given priority to have their game on Thursday. Nothing to worry about.Well, there's hope then. Though it would only be because of pressure from TSN. I think you give them all too much credit for actually giving a shit about the impact on the city!

kwhisperer
10-16-2015, 03:56 PM
As a season ticket holder who is not renewing, I still don't see anything indicating I can buy my own seat for the playoffs. Not good.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 03:58 PM

Please Wait While Your Request is Being Processed
An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/images/searching2.gif

Do not hit the refresh or back buttons or you will lose your place in line

GreatWhiteNorth
10-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Wow that's quite the jump....they looking to see even more empty seats next year? With the plentiful availability of seats for every game from different outlets I really wonder how they could have the nerve to do that...just because they make the playoffs once.

Well, playoff tickets are nearly three times the price. My tickets average $43 per game for all three seats. Playoffs is $40 average PER SEAT.

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 04:00 PM
As a season ticket holder who is not renewing, I still don't see anything indicating I can buy my own seat for the playoffs. Not good.

Separate invoice from what I can see. But yeah this has ML$E from a few years back written all over it. If they were smart they would make it $10 for the whole stadium and pack it. They make all their money on concessions anyway.

GreatWhiteNorth
10-16-2015, 04:00 PM

There are two invoices. One for playoffs, one for seasons. They are NOT dependent on each other.

GreatWhiteNorth
10-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Separate invoice from what I can see. But yeah this has ML$E from a few years back written all over it. If they were smart they would make it $10 for the whole stadium and pack it. They make all their money on concessions anyway.

... devil's advocate, what is the cost to operate the stadium and keep the field in shape in November weather conditions? With the potential to be playing BMO on December 6th. While I am not happy to pay nearly three times the price, there may be actual legitimate reasons for at least part of the high price.

kwhisperer
There are two invoices. One for playoffs, one for seasons. They are NOT dependent on each other.

Thanks - I was just going the letter they sent without logging in. Greatly appreciated. Better log in now....

TFC Cityboy
$30 per ticket in the south without knowing what dates we play is horseshit. Agree, better to pack it out at $15-20. I can only imagine the costs in the posh seats where many folks won't show up if the weather is bad. Well done ML$E as usual

Klinsmann
Oops ..

Please Wait While Your Request is Being Processed
An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/images/searching2.gif

Do not hit the refresh or back buttons or you will lose your place in line

I wonder if this is to make people think a lot are renewing??? I can't get in either

rowan
10-16-2015, 04:06 PM
I've got 2 tickets in 112 which I've had since the very beginning. Pricing is as follows:

Season ticket: $218.50 per seat
Play-off ticket: $30 per seat

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Also this. I imagine it is for the north end people but they can't really say that now can they ;)

Please be advised that BMO Field will be undergoing renovations in the foreseeable future, which may have an impact on the location of your Toronto FC Season Seats. MLSE reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise this invoice, as well as your seat location, if and as required, as a result of these renovations. You will be notified of any such changes and, if possible, will be provided with a prioritized opportunity to select alternate seating and a new invoice.

GreatWhiteNorth
10-16-2015, 04:07 PM
I wonder if this is to make people think a lot are renewing??? I can't get in either

According to the email, you have the ability to choose additional seats at the same time. It would be quite a mess with everyone adding seats to their "cart" and locking them up.

GhostKiller
10-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Even the wording is confusing when your buying playoff tickets. When your ready to purchase it say "renew". It's like they are trying to be obscure to confuse people. So lame

kodiakTFC
10-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Supporters prices for old accounts is $218.50. Playoffs are $30, so $60 for both games upfront.

OgtheDim
10-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Hmmm...as I wait to catch up to the head of the cue, what's the % increase for seasons?

stegosaurus
10-16-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm a SSH, but not in the supporter sections. My playoff tickets are just under $100 each, and my renewal for season tickets jumped about $100 a piece.

Fort York Redcoat
10-16-2015, 04:14 PM
... devil's advocate, what is the cost to operate the stadium and keep the field in shape in November weather conditions? With the potential to be playing BMO on December 6th. While I am not happy to pay nearly three times the price, there may be actual legitimate reasons for at least part of the high price.

The maintenance cost does not reflect that price hike. It's just playoffs /pussplops pricing.

If they were offsetting anything it would be the reno but fuck that its why the Argos and Grey Cup are coming.

Red4ever
10-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Well, there's hope then. Though it would only be because of pressure from TSN. I think you give them all too much credit for actually giving a shit about the impact on the city!

I think you give to little. But again. No one knows for sure.

It's also a gate league. It's not nearly as bad as every other sport where TV revenue rules all.

GhostKiller
10-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Supporters prices for old accounts is $218.50. Playoffs are $30, so $60 for both games upfront.
So your new 2016 pricing is $218.50? WTF is top of 110 no longer supporters section? I went from $250 to $320 / seat

rowan
10-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Hmmm...as I wait to catch up to the head of the cue, what's the % increase for seasons?

Supports Section for Old Accounts: 15%

Red4ever
10-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Only 218? really?

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 04:20 PM
42% increase for me in 111 with an old account 228 to 323. Are we not considered a supporters section anymore. My rep is going to be hearing from me.

ensco
10-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Are you guys not worried about jinxng this? A home game is no certainty.

We just went through two weeks of p******* around here.

Detroit_TFC
10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Finally got into Acct Mgr and took care of both play-off tickets and ST renewal (separate invoices). Not wild about having to pay for both PO games up front, I assume the Conf final payment will just apply to renew invoice if not used.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Supporters prices for old accounts is $218.50. Playoffs are $30, so $60 for both games upfront.I'm a rare case, as I added an extra ticket this year, so I paid $190 on my old one, and $342 on my new one (before we got the Voyageurs Cup refund).

Renewal price is $218.50 on the old one ($11.50 a game) and $342 on the new one ($18 a game). (assuming we have 19 games again this year).

Given the same seat was $361 ($19 a game) for 2012 before the "year 1 pricing", I can't complain. In fact, I'm really surprised that they stayed so close to Year 1 pricing. Had they gone to Year 2 pricing, it would have been $228 rather than $212.50.

Playoff tickets are $30 for both tickets. So everyone pays the same. Kind of steep compared to $10 per game. But the final list price for new season seat holders in Supports was $380 - or $20 a game. So only a 50% markup. No where near what the Jays are paying. Wasn't it a 100% markup for MLS.

Given we paid $38 in supporters for MLS Cup, I can't complain about $30. I honestly thought it would be more than this.

Fort York Redcoat
10-16-2015, 04:28 PM

The term is now pussplops. Pussplops 4eva.

Primavera
10-16-2015, 04:31 PM
anybody have a seating chart?

Detroit_TFC
10-16-2015, 04:31 PM
The term is now pussplops. Pussplops 4eva.

You would thinking by the age of 50 I would have had pussplops by now. Better late than never I guess. Are they infectious?

bdiddy
10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
For the Season's seats - did anyone else get this message - about potential seat location impacts? Wtf.

Please be advised that BMO Field will be undergoing renovations in the foreseeable future, which may have an impact on the location of your Toronto FC Season Seats. MLSE reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise this invoice, as well as your seat location, if and as required, as a result of these renovations. You will be notified of any such changes and, if possible, will be provided with a prioritized opportunity to select alternate seating and a new invoice. *

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Somebody was asking about the percentage price increase for 2016 renewals.

I'm in the light greys (upper west side, section 226). My 2015 price for season ticket renewals was $228 per seat.

"Preferred pricing" for 2016 renewal is $323 per seat: 42% increase. Wow. I'll have to think about it. I've had to eat the cost of so many tickets this year. Many people (both at work & at home) that used to be interested in taking one or both tickets, just aren't into it anymore. I know the theoretic cost per game & ticket still isn't very high ($17), but if you aren't using or selling many of them, then the cost per game increases significantly.

2015 playoff tickets are $35 per seat.

Bargs7
10-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Anyone know how we can get additional seats? I'm about to renew but don't see anything about additional seats for the playoffs.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 04:35 PM
So your new 2016 pricing is $218.50? WTF is top of 110 no longer supporters section? I went from $250 to $320 / seat$250? I thought 2012 and earlier SSH paid $228, and 2013 SSH paid $285 last year. (and 2014 and 2015 early bird paid $361 while new SSH paid $399).

42% increase for me in 111 with an old account 228 to 323. Are we not considered a supporters section anymore. My rep is going to be hearing from me.Ouch. Looks like they are trying to keep supporters happy. If they play the same relocation rules as last year, you should be able to move to south end for $218.50

Supports Section for Old Accounts: 19.4%I get 15% ($190 to $218.50). And 0% for 2015 (early bird) pricing.

Anyone know how we can get additional seats? I'm about to renew but don't see anything about additional seats for the playoffs.If it's like last year, you can do that at relocation. Though perhaps you can talk to your rep, if you want extra playoff tickets now ... but I suspect with all the stadium changes, they aren't ready for this yet.

Red CB Toronto
What is the preferred price for light grey?

Detroit_TFC
anybody have a seating chart?

I didn't notice one in online renewal materials, but may have missed a link for it. If they didn't include one, probably because so many people are playing different rates for same sections due to the loyalty pricing. I would like to see what the new sticker price is, I guess that will get published at some point.

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 04:36 PM
What is the preferred price for light grey?

"Preferred pricing" for 2016 renewal is $323 per seat for light grey.

Primavera
10-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Sec 111, row 7 is $323 per seat for 2016.

Playoff tickets are $40.00 each

And my ticket rep doesn't "foresee" the pricing chart being made public.

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 04:39 PM
For the Season's seats - did anyone else get this message - about potential seat location impacts? Wtf.

Please be advised that BMO Field will be undergoing renovations in the foreseeable future, which may have an impact on the location of your Toronto FC Season Seats. MLSE reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise this invoice, as well as your seat location, if and as required, as a result of these renovations. You will be notified of any such changes and, if possible, will be provided with a prioritized opportunity to select alternate seating and a new invoice. *

Yeah I got that.

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/bmo-expansion.php

Based on the rendering I guess this confirms the north end is getting torn out.

OgtheDim
10-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Hmmm.. My season ticket dropped $18. :shocked:

221 1-9 area.

rowan
10-16-2015, 04:49 PM
I get 15% ($190 to $218.50). And 0% for 2015 (early bird) pricing.

Whoops, my mistake. You are indeed correct. I had accidentally subtracted the CC refund from last year's ticket price.

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Hmmm.. My season ticket dropped $18. :shocked:

221 1-9 area.

What's the cost now?

OgtheDim
10-16-2015, 04:54 PM
What's the cost now?

I paid $550 for 2015 - $532 for 2016.

$51 each for playoffs (I can live with that).

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 04:59 PM

So 15% price increase for yellow; 42% price increase for light grey; 3% price decrease for dark grey? Weird.

OgtheDim
10-16-2015, 05:02 PM
So 15% price increase for yellow; 42% price increase for light grey; 3% price decrease for dark grey? Weird.

221 is...spotty, especially above row 15 or so They have been putting the BMO big white tent holding kids up there lately.

jazzy
10-16-2015, 05:04 PM

seriously? yet most here would pay 100's for Blue Jays .....it's the playoffs , they obviously have to charge more .......we expect Gio for nothing ? We don't want to pay $$ for play-offs yet we all think we're such an important sports entity . What is it for Argos games $35 starters . If we want class , we can't expect games for free . A friggin steak costs $20 nowadays . Amazed how some supporters want everything for nothing . I prefer having a Gio around and I'll pay for it .

JDMD
10-16-2015, 05:06 PM
17% increase for my seats in dark grey (s106) - from $730 a seat to $855.

I also have a north end seat (which is getting relocated) (s131) and it increased 7.7% - from $494 to $532.

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 05:10 PM
221 is...spotty, especially above row 15 or so They have been putting the BMO big white tent holding kids up there lately.

The thing is, other than the soccer team group deals, 226 & 227 are pretty empty as well.

Oh I guess 221 is actually medium grey not dark grey. I would love to see an overall seat & price map. Maybe we can compile it here, if people post old & new prices from various sections. Maybe they have in fact realized that the more expensive seats including the new east side are tough sells.

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 05:11 PM
seriously? yet most here would pay 100's for Blue Jays .....it's the playoffs , they obviously have to charge more .......we expect Gio for nothing ? We don't want to pay $$ for play-offs yet we all think we're such an important sports entity . What is it for Argos games $35 starters . If we want class , we can't expect games for free . A friggin steak costs $20 nowadays . Amazed how some supporters what everything for nothing . I prefer having a Gio around and I'll pay for it .

My point is I think they are overestimating demand when it is close to the freezing mark on a Sunday night in November. Yes, I remember packed openers in March but given how empty the new stand has been for most of the season, this isn't the best move when all your margins are in concessions and merchandise.

pdogg
10-16-2015, 05:12 PM

Isn't 221 medium grey? All the seating areas I see online are medium unless it was changed recently.

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2015, 05:12 PM
seriously? yet most here would pay 100's for Blue Jays .....it's the playoffs , they obviously have to charge more .......we expect Gio for nothing ? We don't want to pay $$ for play-offs yet we all think we're such an important sports entity . What is it for Argos games $35 starters . If we want class , we can't expect games for free . A friggin steak costs $20 nowadays . Amazed how some supporters what everything for nothing . I prefer having a Gio around and I'll pay for it .

No issues here at all for me, having attended two Blue Jays ALDS games in the last week or so, having paid much more than that I am really looking forward to it. We have all been waiting for this day for so long so just enjoy it.

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 05:15 PM

17% increase for my seats in dark grey (s106) - from $730 a seat to $855.

I also have a north end seat (which is getting relocated) (s131) and it increased 7.7% - from $494 to $532.

OgtheDim & JDMD: were your old prices ($550 for medium grey; $730 for dark grey) year 1 prices i.e., loyalty prices after the big price drop a few years ago?

Auzzy
10-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Isn't 221 medium grey? All the seating areas I see online are medium unless it was changed recently.

Yes 221 is medium grey, I made a mistake earlier.

GhostKiller
10-16-2015, 05:17 PM
$250? I thought 2012 and earlier SSH paid $228, and 2013 SSH paid $285 last year. (and 2014 and 2015 early bird paid $361 while new SSH paid $399).

Ouch. Looks like they are trying to keep supporters happy. If they play the same relocation rules as last year, you should be able to move to south end for $218.50

I get 15% ($190 to $218.50). And 0% for 2015 (early bird) pricing.

If it's like last year, you can do that at relocation. Though perhaps you can talk to your rep, if you want extra playoff tickets now ... but I suspect with all the stadium changes, they aren't ready for this yet.

My bad, I have the same situation as madmagragon.

OgtheDim
10-16-2015, 05:21 PM
OgtheDim & JDMD: were your old prices ($550 for medium grey; $730 for dark grey) year 1 prices i.e., loyalty prices after the big price drop a few years ago?

Not sure of the "loyalty price" name - 2014 was my first SSH after a half pack in 111 in 2013 and a few of the packages for CCL matches over the years which apparently got me on a priority/loyalty list. $550 was the price the last 2 seasons.

jazzy
10-16-2015, 05:26 PM
My point is I think they are overestimating demand when it is close to the freezing mark on a Sunday night in November. Yes, I remember packed openers in March but given how empty the new stand has been for most of the season, this isn't the best move when all your margins are in concessions and merchandise.

point taken ....I'd like to think we all value 'our' team and in special games don't mind supporting them . I'm not sure about their season's pricing they are like the Tories going after the middle class...:) . I am happy to see the 'higher' priced seats getting a break . Don't like them getting overcharged . It seems they are trying to round out the pricing with a smaller gap btwn high and low . The 42% price increase in light greys seems a bit much though . Especially if they did it again next year .

JollyBenjabi
10-16-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm in section 111 and went from $219 a ticket to $323 per ticket...based on my first year I was paying close to $500 per ticket sitting in 126, I'm still happy with my price point. Playoff tickets are what they are...not sure who said 111 wasn't a supporter section but according to the seat map it its...top of 109 is no longer a supporter section though. https://oss.ticketmaster.com/teamimages/tfc/57318.jpg

magmadragon
10-16-2015, 05:39 PM
That would be me. I was referring more to the fact that the spread between south end pricing and light greys has gone up beyond the usual $30 or so. 109 never was, it was 110 and based on the map that seems okay as well. But I imagine those guys will be paying more as well.

I'm in section 111 and went from $219 a ticket to $323 per ticket...based on my first year I was paying close to $500 per ticket sitting in 126, I'm still happy with my price point. Playoff tickets are what they are...not sure who said 111 wasn't a supporter section but according to the seat map it its...top of 109 is no longer a supporter section though.

T-boy
10-16-2015, 05:54 PM
seriously? yet most here would pay 100's for Blue Jays .....it's the playoffs , they obviously have to charge more .......we expect Gio for nothing ? We don't want to pay $$ for play-offs yet we all think we're such an important sports entity . What is it for Argos games $35 starters . If we want class , we can't expect games for free . A friggin steak costs $20 nowadays . Amazed how some supporters want everything for nothing . I prefer having a Gio around and I'll pay for it .

I don't expect anything for nothing, and do expect a price increase for the playoff games, I don't think anybody wouldn't expect that. However, given the fact that TFC have really struggled to fill BMO when 1) the weather isn't stunning and 2) there isn't something else competing with it - I don't really expect BMO to be filled for the playoffs in bad fall weather unless the prices are extremely reasonable - and I'd personally hate to see a half filled stadium for an important play-off game!

nfitz
10-16-2015, 05:55 PM

$51 each for playoffs (I can live with that).in 221? That's medium grey. I've tried to put together a dataset of all the old prices.

Did you first purchase in 2013 I've got the 2015 price as $475 in medium grey for those who purchased in 2012 and earlier. But $532 for those in 2013. (and $684 for those in 2014 and early 2015, and $760 for latecomers this season).

if that's correct, the price didn't change.

Not sure of the "loyalty price" name - 2014 was my first SSH after a half pack in 111 in 2013 and a few of the packages for CCL matches over the years which apparently got me on a priority/loyalty list. $550 was the price the last 2 seasons.Oh, 2014, not 2013. Perhaps they offered those with half-packs in 2013 the 2013 pricing in 2014 rather than the new pricing.

So 15% price increase for yellow; 42% price increase for light grey; 3% price decrease for dark grey? Weird.Medium isn't it, not dark grey.

Also, I noted the price for my new $342 ticket in yellow didn't change either. Perhaps prices only increased for those on the Year 1 pricing. (though the 2013 pricing for light grey must have increased as well).

nfitz
10-16-2015, 06:12 PM
17% increase for my seats in dark grey (s106) - from $730 a seat to $855. $730? Year 1 pricing was $760 in dark grey. (actually it was $800, but that was based on 20 games, and they've used 19 games recently).

What were playoff tickets in Dark Grey?

I also have a north end seat (which is getting relocated) (s131) and it increased 7.7% - from $494 to $532.$494? When did you get this ticket? Light Blue was $513 when they first went to Year 1 pricing in 2013. Are you sure that's the correct price?

(I'm tryng to put the whole thing together).

vince93
10-16-2015, 06:26 PM
$730? Year 1 pricing was $760 in dark grey. (actually it was $800, but that was based on 20 games, and they've used 19 games recently).

$494? When did you get this ticket? Light Blue was $513 when they first went to Year 1 pricing in 2013. Are you sure that's the correct price?

do you know what your deposit is, my invoice for north end shows only full price of my seats no other option

nfitz
10-16-2015, 06:57 PM
do you know what your deposit is, my invoice for north end shows only full price of my seats no other optionWhen you start paying it, and agree to the terms, it then gives you options of paying the entire thing, or doing the payment plan. The payment plan info is on the website: http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/payment-options.php

So you pay 20% up front (anytime before November 6th). And then 20% on December 10, 20% on February 4th, 20% on March 3, and 20% on April 7.

OgtheDim
10-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Not going to argue this but my invoice was $550 last season.

nfitz
10-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Not going to argue this but my invoice was $550 last season.The invoice could include credits if you sold a ticket on the old Ticket Exchange - or had some other credit outstanding.

And that's likely the case if the number isn't divisible by 19.

Though how it went up $18 rather than down baffles me.

I'm not interested in arguing. I'm just trying to put together a complete as dataset as possible. Do you have the complete invoice, or just the final amount? It was exactly $550 both years?

FRANKIE65
10-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Playoff tickets bought, seasons renewed for same as what I paid last year...$342 per seat. I'm not complaining. Anybody crying about the playoff ticket price of $30, think for a minute. How LONG have we waited for this!? Thirty bucks is not outrageous.

Lennon
10-16-2015, 08:17 PM
$30 (if that's for everyone) seems reasonable for me.

Home opener cost me like $40. Games during the ex were like $30.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Got mine, bit annoyed but not surprised they didnt sell em in blocks.
came to 180$ for three in 117

mook-life
10-16-2015, 10:09 PM
How do we get additional playoff ticket beside's my season ticket?

Pint
10-16-2015, 10:53 PM
Got mine, bit annoyed but not surprised they didnt sell em in blocks.
came to 180$ for three in 117

The explanation I got for that was the potential to play home on a Thursday followed by a sunday. Very short time frame to sell a 2nd game.

Joe Kool
10-16-2015, 11:36 PM
Well I don't know how it is working out for others but in my current financial situation I can't afford both the first 20% and the playoff ticket payment, which is higher than the 20% one, so I am forced to choose whether to keep my seasons or attend the playoff game(s). Too bad. Always looked forward to when this day would come but such is life. I would rather keep my season seats. Will be there at the stadium in spirit with you all.

james
10-17-2015, 12:33 AM
So what is the actual Playoff tickets cost for Season Ticket Holders in each section? Anyone know what the general public tickets are going to be priced at? I don't see any prices on here.

Auzzy
10-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Well I don't know how it is working out for others but in my current financial situation I can't afford both the first 20% and the playoff ticket payment, which is higher than the 20% one, so I am forced to choose whether to keep my seasons or attend the playoff game(s). Too bad. Always looked forward to when this day would come but such is life. I would rather keep my season seats. Will be there at the stadium in spirit with you all.

Maybe somebody can't make it to both playoff games & splits the cost with you?

Auzzy
10-17-2015, 02:11 AM
So what is the actual Playoff tickets cost for Season Ticket Holders in each section? Anyone know what the general public tickets are going to be priced at? I don't see any prices on here.

All I can tell you, it's $35 per ticket & per game for light grey. A few others had listed their playoff ticket cost above. No complete overview available yet.

Primavera
10-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Playoff tickets section 111, row 7 are $40 each.

Joe Kool
10-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Maybe somebody can't make it to both playoff games & splits the cost with you?

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at a bunch of angles like that. Still tough for my current situation even to split. Tough times. I could still win the lottery tonight though. :) I still may find my way into the stadium somehow. Mission impossible style...

Globetrotter
10-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Interesting that if you renew your season online, they make you click the check box stating that you agree to a possible relocation due to construction - without clicking the box, you can't move to the next step to renew. Not agreeing to those terms, I called the sales line and renewed over the phone. At no time did they give a warning about possible relocation, therefore there's no writing or verbal (on a recorded call) approval of those conditions.

nfitz
10-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Interesting that if you renew your season online, they make you click the check box stating that you agree to a possible relocation due to construction - without clicking the box, you can't move to the next step to renew. Not agreeing to those terms, I called the sales line and renewed over the phone. At no time did they give a warning about possible relocation, therefore there's no writing or verbal (on a recorded call) approval of those conditions.On the phone, they know where you seat, and would therefore no whether it was worthwhile having that discussion or not. I'm assuming you aren't in the 130s! I suspect there wasn't time to code the entire thing into the interface.

Bottom line though, is if something unexpected happens - and your seat just isn't there next season, you won't be able to insist they put it back. :)

Eastend
10-17-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm ok on the timing for playoff ticket deadline, makes sense. Annoyed on the deadline being so close to lock in 2016 seasons. Obvisouly there for both but annoyed.

Dom

Mateo1985
10-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Wait play off tickets are on sale already? I thought it was going to be available on the 21st? No?

Eastend
10-17-2015, 12:19 PM
^^ SSH got emailed yesterday and now available via account manager until the 21st or somewhere around that.

Sweeper
10-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Spend 100 million on players and make the playoffs, I guess a price increase is justified. Not complaining.

Sweeper
10-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Oh ya, we are getting a roof this year too right?

portu
10-17-2015, 01:10 PM
Playoff tickets bought, seasons renewed for same as what I paid last year...$342 per seat. I'm not complaining. Anybody crying about the playoff ticket price of $30, think for a minute. How LONG have we waited for this!? Thirty bucks is not outrageous.
What section are you in?

nfitz
10-17-2015, 04:57 PM
What section are you in?$342 a seat last year and this, and $30 play off tickets. That's supporters. Yellow. South End. The ticket I added this year is the same.

Wait play off tickets are on sale already? I thought it was going to be available on the 21st? No?Sales to SSH started, and are with the renewal package (though can be bought separately). October 21st is for Insiders (i.e. the Red list).

SSH have until October 22nd to purchase their seats for the playoffs. However you can renew your seats until November 6th (only 20% is due now). (and you can get your playoff tickets now, and then renew, or not, later)

Playoff tickets section 111, row 7 are $40 each.That's interesting. 111 row 7 is light grey. Auzzy reported (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38360-Playoff-Ticket-Thread&p=1767348&viewfull=1#post1767348) that his seat in 226 (also light grey) is only $35 for the playoffs. Yet both he and magmadragon (in 111) (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38360-Playoff-Ticket-Thread&p=1767338&viewfull=1#post1767338) reported seasons are $323 up from $228. So did magmadragon get $35 playoff tickets? Are they changing the zone of the bottom of 111? Did someone get their price or location wrong?

Mateo1985
10-17-2015, 05:23 PM

Looking at the Play Off ticket prices I see that I need to pay 60$. It says game 1 and 2 though. Not really sure what the second game is. Does it mean we're paying $30 per game?

Cheers mates

nfitz
10-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Looking at the Play Off ticket prices I see that I need to pay 60$. It says game 1 and 2 though. Not really sure what the second game is. Does it mean we're paying $30 per game?In south end? Yes. They are selling tickets for both the first and second game at the same time.

This is because if we finish 3rd or 4th, the first game would be on Wednesday or Thursday, with the second game (if we win the first) only 3-4 days later on Sunday, making it difficult to do ticket sales. They'll refund if not used.

jvanpeebles
10-17-2015, 05:42 PM
This is a crock of shit. I pay for season tickets so should automatically get access to 2015 playoffs. Now I have to but tickets for next year just to have access to this years playoffs.

jvanpeebles
10-17-2015, 05:50 PM
I noticed the price of my season tickets in section 110 went up $200 over last years prices. Is this the case with everybody?

nfitz
10-17-2015, 05:57 PM
This is a crock of shit. I pay for season tickets so should automatically get access to 2015 playoffs. Now I have to but tickets for next year just to have access to this years playoffs.This isn't true. Where are you getting this? We've discussed this extensively above.

There are two invoices in our account. The one for the playoffs is due October 22nd. The one for the renewal is due November 6.

You can pay, one, the other, both. One now and the other later. None.

It appears you have to renew, to buy EXTRA playoff tickets at the season ticketholder price. But there is nothing stopping you buying your own seats for the playoffs, and not renewing.

nfitz
10-17-2015, 06:00 PM
I noticed the price of my season tickets in section 110 went up $200 over last years prices. Is this the case with everybody?This is being discussed extensively in the playoff ticket thread. The answer is no. Some people got price freezes. A couple are reporting prices went down. It depends when you bought, and what section you are in. Light grey year 1 ticket holders appear to have gotten hitten worse than most others. But I've heard no ticket price that went up $200. When did you first purchase, what did you pay last year, what is your price this year, and which section are you in (light-grey or medium-grey)?

glaze
10-17-2015, 06:01 PM
I don't mind the playoff price for 111, but the 45 percent increase on the season ticket price is an insult.

Mateo1985
10-17-2015, 06:03 PM
great. Thanks

nfitz
10-17-2015, 06:05 PM
I don't mind the playoff price for 111, but the 45 percent increase on the season ticket price is an insult.42% isn't it for those on Year 1 pricing? Does seem unfair compared to the 15% in yellow. 12.5% in dark grey. Still at $323 it's cheaper than 2012 when they were $399. And not far off the $320 in year 3 (though those 19 games included a premium match).

It's looking like they pushed those on Year 1 pricing to something near Year 3 pricing, but decided to go easy on the south end. Meanwhile those who have purchased more recently, seem to have been frozen. There were folks in light-grey who paid $228, $285, $361, and $399 this season depending on when they first purchased.

Red CB Toronto
10-17-2015, 07:40 PM
This is being discussed extensively in the playoff ticket thread. The answer is no. Some people got price freezes. A couple are reporting prices went down. It depends when you bought, and what section you are in. Light grey year 1 ticket holders appear to have gotten hitten worse than most others. But I've heard no ticket price that went up $200. When did you first purchase, what did you pay last year, what is your price this year, and which section are you in (light-grey or medium-grey)?

Light Grey year 1 SSHs had their tickets go up $95, essentially what I paid for one ticket to the game 3 of the ALCS on Monday night, so no big deal for me. A jump of $5 a game is totally fine for me.

TFC Cityboy
10-17-2015, 08:34 PM
how long til not 2 people in the stadium are paying the same price? ;)

jvanpeebles
10-17-2015, 09:31 PM
This is being discussed extensively in the playoff ticket thread. The answer is no. Some people got price freezes. A couple are reporting prices went down. It depends when you bought, and what section you are in. Light grey year 1 ticket holders appear to have gotten hitten worse than most others. But I've heard no ticket price that went up $200. When did you first purchase, what did you pay last year, what is your price this year, and which section are you in (light-grey or medium-grey)?

TFC actually deleated my account last year. I essentially had to start all over. I had purchased flex packs every year with intention of getting into 110. Year before last they said there were no flex packs in 110 so I never purchased any tickets which resulted in me being dropped from waiting list( their words) and my account deleated. I called and ultimatly got into 110 in December 2014. Last year I paid $1316 and this year they are asking for $1520. I am row 17 section 110

jazzy
10-17-2015, 09:47 PM
I don't mind the playoff price for 111, but the 45 percent increase on the season ticket price is an insult.

A lot of us cornered the MLSE rep today at the game and voiced our displeasure . It seems season 1 light greys are taking everyone's hit and costs for whatever is happening with this non completed shared stadium . He did let it slip they wanted all the 'flag wavers' , flare users in one area #supporters . It's just the beginning in my eyes ,to bringing up the lower prices and lowering the higher prices . In years to come . They throw away the north end seats , we still have no roof , make the Argos welcome and the patient long time supporters get thanx for nothing , pay up . So Argos get a free ride and we the soccer fans are pawns . Another year in the life .

Cashcleaner
10-17-2015, 10:49 PM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what the price of my seat was in 2015, but the renewal was $218. I want to say it was an increase of about maybe $20, but it didn't seem excessive to me. If it was, obviously I would have reconsidered renewing, but I don't think it was that big of a jump in price.

Mateo1985
10-17-2015, 11:16 PM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what the price of my seat was in 2015, but the renewal was $218. I want to say it was an increase of about maybe $20, but it didn't seem excessive to me. If it was, obviously I would have reconsidered renewing, but I don't think it was that big of a jump in price.

Are your seats in 112? It was really that cheap? Only $218? That is fantastic!!! I'm paying $342 for my seat in 114 but I'm happy to be residing in 112 lol

FRANKIE65
10-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Anybody know when SSH will be able to purchase additional playoff tickets? May want to pick up a few extra for the boys, and, don't see the option in my account manager.

Chevy
10-18-2015, 09:35 AM
^^ Trying to do the same. I'm guessing when an official home date is set (if there is one) then we will have the option to buy additional seats.

ensco
10-18-2015, 09:47 AM

Can we re-title this the Renewal thread and stop talking about p******** t******?

Fort York Redcoat
10-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Can we re-title this the Renewal thread and stop talking about p******** t******?

You don't want to talk about pussplops, at all? Out of worry or disinterest?

Pinkie
10-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna echo this sentiment. I'm ok with paying $40 a playoff ticket...I'm 100% not ok with a 47% price increase in my season ticket prices. Esp. when I see how small of an increase other sections are getting.

jazzy
10-18-2015, 11:34 AM
TFC actually deleated my account last year. I essentially had to start all over. I had purchased flex packs every year with intention of getting into 110. Year before last they said there were no flex packs in 110 so I never purchased any tickets which resulted in me being dropped from waiting list( their words) and my account deleated. I called and ultimatly got into 110 in December 2014. Last year I paid $1316 and this year they are asking for $1520. I am row 17 section 110

thats crazy , but is that one or two tickets? I 'think' some paying around 550 in mid greys?, are getting a slight decrease ., which is good ,...yellows 'supporters' are getting off with nothing $218 .from $190.... light greys , who had their tickets since 2007 , are getting 42% hit , biggest percentage increase . Yellows can't complain at all . you have to try to relocate . Although with everyone in North end getting screwed I'm not sure how many seats or where will be available . Again MLSE has pulled a fast one . When this Stadium ?, is completed with Argos I have no idea what the outcome, look , pricing will be . BUT someone in the accounting dept knows and I think now we're going to get it big time . BTW it's their way of forcing people out of their seats to increase the price of that complete section . Sort of like kicking everyone out from an apt building enabling a cross board rent increase .

nfitz
10-18-2015, 11:45 AM
TFC actually deleated my account last year. I essentially had to start all over. I had purchased flex packs every year with intention of getting into 110. Year before last they said there were no flex packs in 110 so I never purchased any tickets which resulted in me being dropped from waiting list( their words) and my account deleated. I called and ultimatly got into 110 in December 2014. Last year I paid $1316 and this year they are asking for $1520. I am row 17 section 110I think that's medium grey then. That's $760 a seat - the same they were selling new seasons for in medium-grey this year. Odd though, the early bird price listed in December 2014 was $684 ($1368 for a pair). Not sure how you'd have gotten $1316 rather than $1368.

Are your seats in 112? It was really that cheap? Only $218? That is fantastic!!! I'm paying $342 for my seat in 114 but I'm happy to be residing in 112 lol$218.50 would be 112 to 119 for those who held seasons back in 2012. $342 is for those who first purchased in 112 to 119 in 2014 or 2015 (which didn't increase).

OgtheDim
10-18-2015, 11:53 AM
If I was MLSE, I'd be giving those North End seat holders a nice opportunity to sit in 206 through 208. Anything to make that camera shot look like there are more people in the stadium. I'd also be ending the 2nd tier east end banding as it is an obvious failure. Make 207 Dark grey for the bottom 8 rows then medium gray to the top. Make 205-208 Medium grey. Make the rest light grey. And if that doesn't work, make most of it yellow and just try to get bodies up there. The inventory they are not selling due to pricing is stupid.

Primavera
10-18-2015, 01:15 PM
^ This is the point I made abundantly clear to the sales rep I spoke with yesterday at BMO. I also added that I fully expect prices to increase for those of us enjoying year 1 pricing, but that I would have hoped the increase would be applied across the board equally to all season seat holders enjoying year 1 pricing. To hit one price point at 40% and counter with "it's only $5 per game" while others see an increase of 19% or a decrease is not a very convincing argument.

He told me they are hearing this from many people in the light greys.

Does anybody here have the email addresses of the people at TFC/MLSE to whom we could write letters?

MightyDM
10-18-2015, 01:37 PM
in 221? That's medium grey. I've tried to put together a dataset of all the old prices.

Did you first purchase in 2013 I've got the 2015 price as $475 in medium grey for those who purchased in 2012 and earlier. But $532 for those in 2013. (and $684 for those in 2014 and early 2015, and $760 for latecomers this season).

if that's correct, the price didn't change.

Oh, 2014, not 2013. Perhaps they offered those with half-packs in 2013 the 2013 pricing in 2014 rather than the new pricing.

Medium isn't it, not dark grey.

Also, I noted the price for my new $342 ticket in yellow didn't change either. Perhaps prices only increased for those on the Year 1 pricing. (though the 2013 pricing for light grey must have increased as well).

i am medium gray. Price last year was about $468 a seat and now it's about $4 a game more (based on 17 games, that's how we divide them in our group), I think now around $536. SSH since day one. Playoff tix $51

i think its all reasonable. $31 to see giovinco? Bargain.

I would have have been mad if they made me renew for the playoff tix but they didn't so no complaints.

MightyDM
10-18-2015, 01:45 PM
^ This is the point I made abundantly clear to the sales rep I spoke with yesterday at BMO. I also added that I fully expect prices to increase for those of us enjoying year 1 pricing, but that I would have hoped the increase would be applied across the board equally to all season seat holders enjoying year 1 pricing. To hit one price point at 40% and counter with "it's only $5 per game" while others see an increase of 19% or a decrease is not a very convincing argument.

Does anybody here have the email addresses of the people at TFC/MLSE to whom we could write letters?

is the increase $5 a game? Mine is $4 more or less and I don't think it's unreasonable. Percentages can be a bit misleading here, on low priced tickets.

Sally Mack
10-18-2015, 01:57 PM
As a season ticket holder in 111, I always thought it was the best value in the stadium. I secretly knew this day would come where TFC would wise up to the discrepancy and "correct" the value proposition here. Unfortunately they did it all in one shot, which adds an element of sticker shock. I still renewed, knowing that this section had been historically undervalued in my opinion.

rdroze
10-18-2015, 02:22 PM
My seats: section 120 (medium grey)

2015 price: $458
2016 price: $570

24% increase. Ouch. :(

magmadragon
10-18-2015, 03:57 PM
$342 a seat last year and this, and $30 play off tickets. That's supporters. Yellow. South End. The ticket I added this year is the same.

Sales to SSH started, and are with the renewal package (though can be bought separately). October 21st is for Insiders (i.e. the Red list).

SSH have until October 22nd to purchase their seats for the playoffs. However you can renew your seats until November 6th (only 20% is due now). (and you can get your playoff tickets now, and then renew, or not, later)

That's interesting. 111 row 7 is light grey. Auzzy reported (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38360-Playoff-Ticket-Thread&p=1767348&viewfull=1#post1767348) that his seat in 226 (also light grey) is only $35 for the playoffs. Yet both he and magmadragon (in 111) (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38360-Playoff-Ticket-Thread&p=1767338&viewfull=1#post1767338) reported seasons are $323 up from $228. So did magmadragon get $35 playoff tickets? Are they changing the zone of the bottom of 111? Did someone get their price or location wrong?

Playoff tickets are 40 in 111 for me as well. I assume any upper deck light greys are 35 while down below it is 40. Friend in 110 (bottom part) mentioned 50 for those tickets but I may have misheard him.

magmadragon
10-18-2015, 04:07 PM

My argument to my rep will be as long as we are a supporters section 111, top 110, 119(?) we should have a similar increase as the south. I'll be adding my voice to this on Monday when I call my rep.

I remember it being 399 but it's still a piss off to have it jump so much in one year.

Sally Mack
10-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Anybody know when SSH will be able to purchase additional playoff tickets? May want to pick up a few extra for the boys, and, don't see the option in my account manager.
I was told by my ticket rep an email will be sent Monday about this.

FRANKIE65
10-18-2015, 06:23 PM
I was told by my ticket rep an email will be sent Monday about this.

Sounds good, thanks.

jvanpeebles
10-18-2015, 06:41 PM
I think that's medium grey then. That's $760 a seat - the same they were selling new seasons for in medium-grey this year. Odd though, the early bird price listed in December 2014 was $684 ($1368 for a pair). Not sure how you'd have gotten $1316 rather than $1368.

$218.50 would be 112 to 119 for those who held seasons back in 2012. $342 is for those who first purchased in 112 to 119 in 2014 or 2015 (which didn't increase).

Turns out that price was because I got the refund for the Amway game or it would have been the $1368. Just thought 100 bucks a ticket for medium grey seats was a bit of a steep raise for one year. As well I am told that the 100 increase per ticket is in fact the early bird price and it will in fact be more. One season in the playoffs hardly seems worthy of such a rise

jvanpeebles
10-18-2015, 07:31 PM
i am medium gray. Price last year was about $468 a seat and now it's about $4 a game more (based on 17 games, that's how we divide them in our group), I think now around $536. SSH since day one. Playoff tix $51

i think its all reasonable. $31 to see giovinco? Bargain.

I would have have been mad if they made me renew for the playoff tix but they didn't so no complaints.

My medium grey pricing is $710 per ticket. Crazy that there is such a wide difference. People around longer are apparently better fans and as such are treated better

Pint
10-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Didn't have any inside information on this one but i always felt that the light grey pricing could be significantly changed once they moved the 2 supporter groups out of light grey. The difference between light grey and med grey was far too large for them to not want to shift it.

Sucks for those who own the tickets in those areas.

nfitz
10-18-2015, 08:04 PM
i am medium gray. Price last year was about $468 a seat and now it's about $4 a game more (based on 17 games, that's how we divide them in our group), I think now around $536. SSH since day one.I think the exact numbers were $475 for the last 3 seasons and $532 this sesason. MLSE uses 19 games in their calculation (the prices are always divisible by 19). So $25/game last season and $28 now. And this means that yellow, medium grey, and dark grey got a 12% to 15% increase, while light grey got 42%.

All reasonable compared to historic, other than light grey. I'm surprised the increase wasn't bigger really, given that medium grey pricing was $29 in year 3, peaking at $34 in year 5. (though new SSH paid as high as $40 last year in medium grey).

My seats: section 120 (medium grey)

2015 price: $458
2016 price: $570

24% increase. Ouch. :($570. Hmm, that's odd, that's higher than medium grey on the west side. I'm not understanding $458 though ... how long have you had seasons? Was it possibly $475 with a $17 credit?

jvanpeebles
10-18-2015, 08:04 PM
It sucks that loyalty is based on your time as a SSH. Last year I was told I would get the same price as everybody else when we renewed the following year but for now would have to pay a premium. Which was a pisser because their screw up cost me tickets in my section 2 years earlier. Now they are saying the tickets are going up and those that got SSH are paying a different price based on when we got them. So not all SSH's are equal.

nfitz
10-18-2015, 08:08 PM
My medium grey pricing is $710 per ticket. Crazy that there is such a wide difference. People around longer are apparently better fans and as such are treated better$760 I think you said.

Continuing the price differences is interesting. It's almost like it's a threat to those who are tempted to cancel. Don't do it, because you'll never get in this cheap again.

I'd certainly give them a call, and ask why your price went up $76 a ticket (I think), when first year holders only went up $57 in your section. (though medium grey in 120 has reported $95 increase ... gosh, this is getting even more complex.).

molenshtain
10-18-2015, 08:08 PM
My medium grey pricing is $710 per ticket. Crazy that there is such a wide difference. People around longer are apparently better fans and as such are treated better

Well, yeah. How many Mariner games did you go to? fuck me if they're not compensating me for going to all of those.

Tim110
10-18-2015, 08:42 PM
So stupid question, once I renew where do I click in my account manager to buy more playoff tickets?

nfitz
10-18-2015, 11:16 PM
So stupid question, once I renew where do I click in my account manager to buy more playoff tickets?I don't think it's there yet. Rumour has it there'll be an email with info on Monday.

lobo
10-19-2015, 12:29 AM
That's interesting. 111 row 7 is light grey. Auzzy reported (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38360-Playoff-Ticket-Thread&p=1767348&viewfull=1#post1767348) that his seat in 226 (also light grey) is only $35 for the playoffs. Yet both he and magmadragon (in 111) (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38360-Playoff-Ticket-Thread&p=1767338&viewfull=1#post1767338) reported seasons are $323 up from $228. So did magmadragon get $35 playoff tickets? Are they changing the zone of the bottom of 111? Did someone get their price or location wrong?

Year 1 ssh, top of 110, light grey ... renewal $343, playoff ticket $40

My argument to my rep will be as long as we are a supporters section 111, top 110, 119(?) we should have a similar increase as the south. I'll be adding my voice to this on Monday when I call my rep.

i'm very concerned that top of 110 is not going to be a supporters section in the future for several reasons, and now this 43% price increase is yet another.

Nuvinho
10-19-2015, 06:40 AM
My cost over the past 2 years:

supporters - $380/pair now $437/pair - increase of 15%
light greys - $456/pair now $646/pair - increase of 42%
dark greys - $1520/pair now $1710/pair - increase of 13%

Does that sound about right?

jvanpeebles
10-19-2015, 08:42 AM
$760 I think you said.

Continuing the price differences is interesting. It's almost like it's a threat to those who are tempted to cancel. Don't do it, because you'll never get in this cheap again.

I'd certainly give them a call, and ask why your price went up $76 a ticket (I think), when first year holders only went up $57 in your section. (though medium grey in 120 has reported $95 increase ... gosh, this is getting even more complex.).

My apologies, you are correct. It is 1520 for the pair. It is very complex for sure and without a doubt a money grab. one season making the playoffs does not make up for all the previous years where we suffered.

Mateo1985
10-19-2015, 08:48 AM
So once you get season seats you always renew at the same price? is that it?

JDMD
10-19-2015, 09:14 AM

My grey ones were year 1 prices. My north end seat dropped in price a bit last year, but I only got it in 2013 so I'm not really sure exactly how much of a discount it was.

JDMD
10-19-2015, 09:19 AM
$730? Year 1 pricing was $760 in dark grey. (actually it was $800, but that was based on 20 games, and they've used 19 games recently).

$494? When did you get this ticket? Light Blue was $513 when they first went to Year 1 pricing in 2013. Are you sure that's the correct price?

That's my bad - sorry. I just went back and looked and the prices I gave included some discounts I had in my account (I think from selling a few seats on the ticket exchange). My actual full prices last year were $760 for the greys and $513 for the light blues, which are exactly as you pointed out.

gdg_9
10-19-2015, 10:06 AM
My cost over the past 2 years:

supporters - $380/pair now $437/pair - increase of 15%
light greys - $456/pair now $646/pair - increase of 42%
dark greys - $1520/pair now $1710/pair - increase of 13%

Does that sound about right?

That was me as well... supporters went from $380/pair to $437/pair.
About $1.50 increase per ticket per game (with the cost evenly split across all games - not considering premium vs value games, etc.)

ahandle
10-19-2015, 10:49 AM

This was the same excuse I was given when I called it about the light greys. The rep also said that they wanted to bring the light grey price point closer to the med and dark grey. 41% increase is insane! They keep ignoring the percentage increase and says its only a few dollars more per seat per game.. Its even more frustrating to see the light greys getting hit with the most.

Primavera
10-19-2015, 10:59 AM
... and says its only a few dollars more per seat per game..

Clearly a talking point handed to them by their managers.

nascarguy
10-19-2015, 11:04 AM
my are 267$ for 114 this is the 3rd year for me in that section

nfitz
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM
So once you get season seats you always renew at the same price? is that it?No. It was for last 3 years, but this year it's a mixed bag.

What happened is that everyone used to be the same, no matter when they purchased. And prices increased noticeably every year. Especially in the south and Light Grey, because to be honest, they had priced them too low compared to the other seats.

But when things went badly in 2011 (year 5) when they tried to hike the prices too high, (and include too many games). So they held 2011 pricing in 2012. But after another dreadful season, they came up with this year 1 pricing thing for 2013, but sold new tickets at closer to year 3 prices. Then after another dreadful year in 2014 they froze everyone at what they paid (2012 or 2013 prices) but sold new tickets close to year 5 pricing, with the whole Defoe/Bradley thing. Then in 2015, after yet another bad season, they froze again, sold a lot of new seasons at 2014 prices, and then switched late in the day to even higher prices than every before. Putting current seat holders at 4 different pricing levels, that vary drastically, based on when they first purchased.

Now in 2015, they are moving up the Year 1 pricing, but only moderately, except in the under-priced light-grey (but not the under-priced yellow). Hard to see exactly what they are doing everywhere, though some with 2014 pricing have been frozen.

If you look at the price per game, I tried to summarize as best I know, on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, over the years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQmNAfGUkAAhqFT.png (https://twitter.com/nfitz1/status/651206661575544832)

(price per game = divide total by the 19 games in recent years. In earlier years, premium (MLS Cup, friendlies) games were double. In 2007, MLSE assumed 20 games).

There appears to be some even weirder stuff going on this year, with different reported prices by Year 1 holders in Medium Grey in the east stands than the west stands. We'll be using PriceLine to pick our price at this rate ... :)

sully
10-19-2015, 01:02 PM
This was the same excuse I was given when I called it about the light greys. The rep also said that they wanted to bring the light grey price point closer to the med and dark grey. 41% increase is insane! They keep ignoring the percentage increase and says its only a few dollars more per seat per game.. Its even more frustrating to see the light greys getting hit with the most.

The other issue to me is that while they want to consolidate all like minded people in the south end, for good reasons, there's little incentive for people to move out of the south end and allow other people in, when the price point jumps so much to leave the south end..

Mateo1985
10-19-2015, 01:28 PM
No. It was for last 3 years, but this year it's a mixed bag.

What happened is that everyone used to be the same, no matter when they purchased. And prices increased noticeably every year. Especially in the south and Light Grey, because to be honest, they had priced them too low compared to the other seats.

But when things went badly in 2011 (year 5) when they tried to hike the prices too high, (and include too many games). So they held 2011 pricing in 2012. But after another dreadful season, they came up with this year 1 pricing thing for 2013, but sold new tickets at closer to year 3 prices. Then after another dreadful year in 2014 they froze everyone at what they paid (2012 or 2013 prices) but sold new tickets close to year 5 pricing, with the whole Defoe/Bradley thing. Then in 2015, after yet another bad season, they froze again, sold a lot of new seasons at 2014 prices, and then switched late in the day to even higher prices than every before. Putting current seat holders at 4 different pricing levels, that vary drastically, based on when they first purchased.

Now in 2015, they are moving up the Year 1 pricing, but only moderately, except in the under-priced light-grey (but not the under-priced yellow). Hard to see exactly what they are doing everywhere, though some with 2014 pricing have been frozen.

If you look at the price per game, I tried to summarize as best I know, on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, over the years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQmNAfGUkAAhqFT.png (https://twitter.com/nfitz1/status/651206661575544832)

(price per game = divide total by the 19 games in recent years. In earlier years, premium (MLS Cup, friendlies) games were double. In 2007, MLSE assumed 20 games).

There appears to be some even weirder stuff going on this year, with different reported prices by Year 1 holders in Medium Grey in the east stands than the west stands. We'll be using PriceLine to pick our price at this rate ... :)

Thanks for the info. It seems like the pricing has been all over the place lol. I'm super happy at the pricing in the south end. Before becoming a SSH last year I'd usually never be able to get tickets in the south end before. Always had to pay quite a bit to watch games. Now it's a lot better though. Haven't missed even a single home game this season and couldn't be happier

Fort York Redcoat
10-19-2015, 01:48 PM
The other issue to me is that while they want to consolidate all like minded people in the south end, for good reasons, there's little incentive for people to move out of the south end and allow other people in, when the price point jumps so much to leave the south end..

Wow. That is a great point. For all the focus and attention we've put on relocation to avoid incidents that does not help getting people where they want to support.

TFC1154ever
10-19-2015, 01:55 PM
I was talking to some of the guys in 115, and what TFC should have done was make a second deck (maybe less seats) a top of supporter section so more people can relocate there or buy tickets there.

kodiakTFC
10-19-2015, 01:59 PM
I was talking to some of the guys in 115, and what TFC should have done was make a second deck (maybe less seats) a top of supporter section so more people can relocate there or buy tickets there.

I don't think MLSE wants a second deck to the supporters. Why create more seats at a high cost when you'll sell those seats for relatively little.

TFC1154ever
10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I agree but, I think we would see more season ticket holders if they were priced like the south end. Every time I tell people how much I pay per season, everyone says to me they would get season's if it were that price. If we would have done that and made the east side 2nd deck smaller, we would have sold more season tickets then we would have now. Enough so to me that it would have been pretty much been even money wise. And if that's the case, what would u rather have? Less people in the stadium or more?

sully
10-19-2015, 02:07 PM
For me to move out of the south end, it looks like it would cost me a minimum of 50 percent more to move to seats that in my opinion are less appealing than the seats i am already in. To me a view from the middle of the south end provide a better view than any seat in a corner. So to leave the south end i would have to pay more for less.

SuperTCP
10-19-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't think MLSE wants a second deck to the supporters. Why create more seats at a high cost when you'll sell those seats for relatively little.

Proof is the new East side 2nd deck, priced high and very confusing, mainly empty all season long. If it was priced more reasonable, maybe more would have attended.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-19-2015, 02:57 PM
A conversation with my ticket rep - thought some people might also be interested:

Me: Hi Kirsten - I had a question for you about Season Ticket Renewals. I get that there was going to be a price increase, we've made the playoffs for the first time and MLSE was never going to pass up that opportunity to raise prices. My question though is how do they justify a 42% increase for light greys ($228 to $323)? Especially when most of the stadium is facing increases of 10-15%. I know people all over the stadium and am on the Red Patch Boys forum all the time and so know what everyone else is facing, and I don't see how you (not you personally obviously) can justify charging one group 3+ times more of an increase than every other group. Have you received any sort of messaging about it? It's bad enough the Argos are coming to our National Soccer Stadium but now it feels like we're being made to pay for it with huge increases - 42% is kind of ridiculous for a one year increase.

Thanks for your time.

Ticket Rep:Hi Ben

Thanks for reaching out.

The prices and increases are not the same for all season seat holders as we have had different people paying different prices for a couple years now. As you had been paying loyalty pricing for the past couple years, you may see your increase to be larger than others. You would have more of an increase than someone who had purchased recently but in the end you are still receiving the same if not a less expensive package price.

Your increase ends up being approx. $5 a game per ticket on avg, equaling about $17 a ticket. I’d be happy to further discuss if necessary on the phone as it can be a little difficult over email. Please let me know.

Thanks

Me: Hi _____ - thanks for getting back to me. I understand there are at this point a number of different price points within each section based on when you first enrolled, whether you were renewing or buying new, etc. And that's not really my concern. My main issue is why is one section being singled out (light grey) for huge increases (42%) while other sections in similar scenarios with regards to loyalty pricing are facing much smaller increases. For example:

Supporters Section - $380/pair now $437/pair - increase of 15%
Light Greys - $456/pair now $646/pair - increase of 42%
Dark Greys - $1520/pair now $1710/pair - increase of 13%

All of those are based on the same loyalty pricing last year, and the renewal prices this year. My concern is it seems as if one area of the stadium is seeing it's prices jump much faster than the rest (both more and less expensive tickets). So just wondering if there was a reason we in Light Grey seats were being targeted for 3x times the increase of other areas? 111 is still a Supporter Section, but in one year we've gone from $38 more / ticket to $104.50 more / ticket from the other Supporter Sections (112-118).

And I know that you have no say in the pricing of things and can only pass on what comes from the organization but it sure feels like we're getting screwed this year in the Light Greys.

Thanks

I'll be interested to hear what the party line is on why Light Greys are being singled out. 10-20% increase I would have been fine with - 42% seems a little ridiculous for getting into the playoffs once (and still not even knowing if we'll have a home game).

Detroit_TFC
10-19-2015, 03:27 PM
In last couple seasons, moving to Lt Grey was a quick way to spend less on tickets but keep a fairly similar view in the main stand, they seem to be trying to remove that price incentive. Like I've said before, they have too many price points and they are all tangled up in them now.

TFC Cityboy
10-19-2015, 03:37 PM
In last couple seasons, moving to Lt Grey was a quick way to spend less on tickets but keep a fairly similar view in the main stand, they seem to be trying to remove that price incentive. Like I've said before, they have too many price points and they are all tangled up in them now.

MLSE dug a hole for themselves right at the start in 2006 by having a ST spread from $190 up to around $1400. Ridiculous spread and has caused problems ever since.
The cheap seats were priced too cheap from the off which they tried to remedy by getting up as high as around $370 ( if memory serves )then dug another hole for themselves when the team shit the bed so badly they risked losing much of the base. This was remedied by dropping day 1ers back to day 1 pricing.

Obviously they are making no money off us in the yellows/light greys and are trying to dig themselves out of their own piss poor management of pricing.

Clueless tossers right from the get go

MightyDM
10-19-2015, 04:11 PM
I think the exact numbers were $475 for the last 3 seasons and $532 this sesason. MLSE uses 19 games in their calculation (the prices are always divisible by 19). So $25/game last season and $28 now. And this means that yellow, medium grey, and dark grey got a 12% to 15% increase, while light grey got 42%.

All reasonable compared to historic, other than light grey. I'm surprised the increase wasn't bigger really, given that medium grey pricing was $29 in year 3, peaking at $34 in year 5. (though new SSH paid as high as $40 last year in medium grey).

$570. Hmm, that's odd, that's higher than medium grey on the west side. I'm not understanding $458 though ... how long have you had seasons? Was it possibly $475 with a $17 credit?

I think you have the medium grey figures correct at the top. Based on 19 games, $25 to $28 now. Hard to complain.

Pint
10-19-2015, 04:17 PM
They had SG'S occupying light grey sections in the past. They don't officially anymore, that in itself was an indication that they wanted to hike those areas.

The gap between light and med grey was far too large (I think med grey is over priced, not that light grey is under priced).

nfitz
10-19-2015, 04:27 PM
I think you have the medium grey figures correct at the top. Based on 19 games, $25 to $28 now. Hard to complain.Which section are you? I'm still scratching my head about the report of $30 in 120.

Hard to complain except those in light-grey. I'm surprised only those year 1 holders were hit with such a large increase. But quite happy.

OgtheDim
10-19-2015, 05:09 PM
From a TFC email

To get priority access to purchase additional playoff tickets, call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625) starting at 10 AM on Tuesday, October 20th. To be eligible for additional tickets to Playoff matches at membership pricing, your seats must be renewed for the 2016 Season.

Ugh...

mook-life
10-19-2015, 05:27 PM
From a TFC email

Ugh...

that's just fucking stupid

jvanpeebles
10-19-2015, 07:37 PM
No. It was for last 3 years, but this year it's a mixed bag.

Don't forget that the people who purchased SSH last year were told they would revert to the loyalty prices the following year. Which all turned out to be a lie apparently

jvanpeebles
10-19-2015, 07:53 PM
I think you have the medium grey figures correct at the top. Based on 19 games, $25 to $28 now. Hard to complain.
My medium greys were $1368 for a pair last year and $1520 for a pair this year. That is a pretty significant hit for one year. What make it worse is that when I purchased my season tickets last year I was told I would get a much better deal with loyalty pricing this year. not the first time I have been lied to or mislead by a rep.

anto7
10-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Season ticket holder since year 1. Section 105, row 13.
Last year $916 the pair, next year will be $1140.
$51 per ticket for play-offs.

FRANKIE65
10-20-2015, 07:01 AM
From a TFC email

Ugh...

I agree...over the phone? Pain in the ass.

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 07:27 AM
What the hell are they thinking making people phone to get extra tickets? I expect people will be waiting on the phone for a while. Yeesh!

Pookie
10-20-2015, 08:12 AM
From a TFC email

Ugh...

I guess you could side with them a little though in that these are "additional" playoff tickets. The generally accepted practice in sport when playoff tickets go on sale:

1. STHs get first crack at their seats
2. Flex packs and other loyalty programs step up next
3. General public on sale

They could argue that access to these additional playoff tickets are a benefit of renewing your season seats but honestly, I'm not sure that it does more good than harm.

From a business perspective, if you are expecting the place to be a sell out and want to introduce your product to new buyers… why reduce the number of more expensive tickets available in the general public on sale?

Only logical reason that I can think of is that they are concerned about renewals given the cavern and empty seats they created with this expansion for hockey, so want to leverage this playoff event as far as possible. Just a theory of course.

End of the day though, you can get more playoff tickets if you renew. So if you are going to renew, this is a benefit they are providing you.

Primavera
10-20-2015, 08:17 AM
I have first-rights on the following 3 seats for the playoffs: sec 111, row 7, seats 7-9. They are $40 each.

Let me know if you're interested (send me a PM.)

SOLD

nfitz
10-20-2015, 08:19 AM
They've never been that difficult to get on the phone, even when you'd think they would be.

It would be nice to no where they are selling them though, and pricing. Tough to offer around without knowing roughly what's available.

Yohan
10-20-2015, 08:34 AM
I seriously don't get people buying playoff tix when TFC hasn't even clinched a home playoff date yet, let alone knowing what day it is.