PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets and Seasons Tickets

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 08:37 AM
I seriously don't get people buying playoff tix when TFC hasn't even clinched a home playoff date yet, let alone knowing what day it is.

The tickets are refunded if the games aren't played. It's normal for teams to sell tickets to potential games. Jays Fans already bought World Series Tickets.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-20-2015, 08:38 AM
My medium greys were $1368 for a pair last year and $1520 for a pair this year. That is a pretty significant hit for one year. What make it worse is that when I purchased my season tickets last year I was told I would get a much better deal with loyalty pricing this year. not the first time I have been lied to or mislead by a rep.

But at least it's still only ~11% increase. Imagine you were facing the increase Light Greys are - you'd be up to $1937 / pair.

mook-life
10-20-2015, 09:23 AM
This calling in for more tickets thing is stupid ive been on hold for 20 minutes now

InDa_110
10-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I have first-rights on the following 3 seats for the playoffs: sec 111, row 7, seats 7-9. They are $40 each.

Let me know if you're interested (send me a PM.)

I am interested.

Your inbox is apparently full.

Please text me at 416-358-1760

Thanks, Adrian

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 09:36 AM
This calling in for more tickets thing is stupid ive been on hold for 20 minutes now

15 minutes, myself.

mook-life
10-20-2015, 09:43 AM
15 minutes, myself.

It just disconnected wtf, looks like I am calling vack

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Starting to question why I'm doing this. This is ludicrous.

FRANKIE65
10-20-2015, 09:52 AM

15 minutes, myself.

Screw that...I'm not that anxious to buy extras for a game that might not happen. I can wait. Good luck guys!!

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 09:55 AM
The things I do for friends!

fredhip
10-20-2015, 09:57 AM
If anyone is interested in selling a pair that they're not using, I'd rather buy from you than go through the call-waiting game with my SSH rep. You can PM me an details. Thanks! fred

kwhisperer
10-20-2015, 09:58 AM
I seriously don't get people buying playoff tix when TFC hasn't even clinched a home playoff date yet, let alone knowing what day it is.

I assume that folks are acting now to get the tickets at season ticket holder prices; if you wait, you get them at the same rate as the public sale. That's my assumption. (I haven't gotten mine because of the uncertainty and, admittedly, a certain amount of ambivalence.)

brad
10-20-2015, 10:00 AM
I guess you could side with them a little though in that these are "additional" playoff tickets. The generally accepted practice in sport when playoff tickets go on sale:

1. STHs get first crack at their seats
2. Flex packs and other loyalty programs step up next
3. General public on sale

They could argue that access to these additional playoff tickets are a benefit of renewing your season seats but honestly, I'm not sure that it does more good than harm.

From a business perspective, if you are expecting the place to be a sell out and want to introduce your product to new buyers… why reduce the number of more expensive tickets available in the general public on sale?

Only logical reason that I can think of is that they are concerned about renewals given the cavern and empty seats they created with this expansion for hockey, so want to leverage this playoff event as far as possible. Just a theory of course.

End of the day though, you can get more playoff tickets if you renew. So if you are going to renew, this is a benefit they are providing you.

Regardless of who buys them, the additional tickets are going to be used by non-SSH's, so I'm not sure the bolded bit is relevant. The hope is that those non-SSH's go to the game, have a great time and buy tickets next year.

To me it's clearly a ploy to get people to renew early.

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Finally got through, and scored 4 tickets in the Upper Bowl at $35 a pop.

Globetrotter
10-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Isn't $218 over 19 games $11.50? Why does the chart say $18/game?
Wasn't last year $190 over 19 games, $10/game?

The price has gone up 15%. I can't really complain about $1.50.

JayMolly
10-20-2015, 10:10 AM
The tickets are refunded if the games aren't played. It's normal for teams to sell tickets to potential games. Jays Fans already bought World Series Tickets.

We understand that tickets will be refunded if a match is not played. However, did Jays Fans have to put a deposit down or purchase 2016 tickets before they ordered playoff tickets for 2015?

MLSE wants TFC Fans to purchase (or put down a deposit) for 2016 tickets before they order 2015 playoff tickets!

gdg_9
10-20-2015, 10:16 AM
That email about additional playoff tickets going on sale this morning is actually not true.
I called my ticket rep yesterday (Mon Oct 19), right after I renewed my own seats for playoffs and next season, to ask about additional playoff seats.

She sold them to me right then and there on the phone.

Got 5 extra tickets in Sec 111 for $40 each to the first two (potential) home playoff games.

From a TFC email

Ugh...

What the hell are they thinking making people phone to get extra tickets? I expect people will be waiting on the phone for a while. Yeesh!

I guess you could side with them a little though in that these are "additional" playoff tickets. The generally accepted practice in sport when playoff tickets go on sale:

1. STHs get first crack at their seats
2. Flex packs and other loyalty programs step up next
3. General public on sale

They could argue that access to these additional playoff tickets are a benefit of renewing your season seats but honestly, I'm not sure that it does more good than harm.

From a business perspective, if you are expecting the place to be a sell out and want to introduce your product to new buyers… why reduce the number of more expensive tickets available in the general public on sale?

Only logical reason that I can think of is that they are concerned about renewals given the cavern and empty seats they created with this expansion for hockey, so want to leverage this playoff event as far as possible. Just a theory of course.

End of the day though, you can get more playoff tickets if you renew. So if you are going to renew, this is a benefit they are providing you.

They've never been that difficult to get on the phone, even when you'd think they would be.

It would be nice to no where they are selling them though, and pricing. Tough to offer around without knowing roughly what's available.

15 minutes, myself.

Finally got through, and scored 4 tickets in the Upper Bowl at $35 a pop.

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2015, 10:19 AM
The things I do for friends!

Good People do Good Things !!!

gdg_9
10-20-2015, 10:22 AM
We understand that tickets will be refunded if a match is not played. However, did Jays Fans have to put a deposit down or purchase 2016 tickets before they ordered playoff tickets for 2015?

MLSE wants TFC Fans to purchase (or put down a deposit) for 2016 tickets before they order 2015 playoff tickets!

This is actually not true.
It was just communicated very poorly by MLSE.

I purchased my playoff tickets (my regular seats) through my Account Manager before I put any deposit down for next season.
I think they would only let you purchase ADDITIONAL playoff tickets (above and beyond your regular seats) at SSH Prices if you put a deposit down for next season.

However, buying extra playoff tickets has to be done over the phone right now anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could talk your Rep into doing it, even if you hadn't put the deposit for next year down yet.

andyc
10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
However, buying extra playoff tickets has to be done over the phone right now anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could talk your Rep into doing it, even if you hadn't put the deposit for next year down yet.

They just let me get an extra ticket without renewing... I played the North Stand card and said I hadn't yet decided on whether to renew or not. They gave me the ticket but I had to pay the full price not the SSH discount. The difference was $6 so no big deal although they did say they would refund the difference if I did renew.

justcallmejuice
10-20-2015, 10:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQmNAfGUkAAhqFT.png (https://twitter.com/nfitz1/status/651206661575544832)

(price per game = divide total by the 19 games in recent years. In earlier years, premium (MLS Cup, friendlies) games were double. In 2007, MLSE assumed 20 games).

this is a great breakdown, thanks!

i'm a brand new SSH for 2016 - just put my 20% deposit down yesterday and was able to purchase seats for the playoff games.

i hummed and hawed about actually getting season seats because i was always able to get seats on kijiji the week of the game for $20-$50/seat. generally lower bowl. i guess that makes sense, since that seat was only $25 for people that had been 2012 SSH.

you guys actually received a pretty decent bonus for being long time season seat holders. i realize that it does suck to have your seats jump up by 40% though. and it's too bad MLSE has been lying about prices and making false promises. i was a season seat holder for the Kitchener Rangers for a few years, and each year the ticket prices went up slightly. no bonus/incentive for being a long time subscriber.

like someone else said, $40 for lower bowl to see Giovinco 19x a year is pretty solid.

TFC value > Leafs value.

Oblio2
10-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Massive increase for light greys. Screw off MLSE.
I picked those seats for a reason...they were better prices than the greys below me or to the side of me.
I had my pick of the stadium... I am #7 on the original season ticket holder list form day 1.
Now the prices go up 40ish%
Does that come with lube?

SuperTCP
10-20-2015, 11:30 AM
The new season ticket holders will need the lube as well.
Not only do they have the crazy mess of tiers that is new section. Now in the previous sections, they are charging different price based on 1st and 2nd levels.

My guess is next year light grey (lower level) will see another increase.

Derko
10-20-2015, 11:42 AM
I am going to be giving up 2 of our 5 seats in 110, still don't like the idea of paying for 2 potential home games, (Maybe I only want 2 or 3 seats but I do not have the option to unselect any seats!!!). That's like saying Led Zeppelin might reunite and play Toronto, so pay for your tickets now, and we will refund if it doesn't happen. FFS

nfitz
10-20-2015, 11:59 AM
An offer for season tickets went to the waiting list today. I'd assume anyone could phone in and get it, or quickly add yourself to the list.

First glimpse at 2016 pricing. Things are getting more complex. In the new upper stand prices are mostly the same as last years early bird sale to new SSH. Some are up, some are down, some are same.

Of particular note, they are now differentiating between medium grey pricing in the lower and upper east stand. Just to make things more complicated.

I'm surprised Black is down as much, despite being "sold out" quite early in the process last year. Quite a reasonable entry point at only $30 a game compared to everything else.

2015 Early
2015 Late

Upper Bowl Red
$1273
$1406
$1273

Light Red
$1121
$1121
$1140

East End Dark Grey
$950
$1045
$1045

Upper Bowl Dark Grey
$950
$950
$950

White
$798
$798
$855

Upper Bowel Medium Grey
$684
$760
$684

Black
$646
$646
$570

No other price levels were offered.

Oh heck, after typing it in from Ticketmaster, I see it's also on the renewal website now: http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.php hmm, no indication why medium grey on 110 might be priced differently than 120 for Year 1. Anyone can purchase.

justcallmejuice
10-20-2015, 12:18 PM

that's how i'm feeling. :(

FRANKIE65
10-20-2015, 12:28 PM
An offer for season tickets went to the waiting list today. I'd assume anyone could phone in and get it, or quickly add yourself to the list.

First glimpse at 2016 pricing. Things are getting more complex. In the new upper stand prices are mostly the same as last years early bird sale to new SSH. Some are up, some are down, some are same.

Of particular note, they are now differentiating between medium grey pricing in the lower and upper east stand. Just to make things more complicated.

I'm surprised Black is down as much, despite being "sold out" quite early in the process last year. Quite a reasonable entry point at only $30 a game compared to everything else.

2015 Early

2015 Late

Upper Bowl Red

$1273

$1406

$1273

Light Red

$1121

$1121

$1140

East End Dark Grey

$950

$1045

$1045

Upper Bowl Dark Grey

$950

$950

$950

White

$798

$798

$855

Upper Bowel Medium Grey

$684

$760

$684

Black

$646

$646

$570

Oh heck, after typing it in from Ticketmaster, I see it's also on the renewal website now: http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.php hmm, no indication why medium grey on 110 might be priced differently than 120 for Year 1. Anyone can purchase.

Upper Bowl still ridiculously overpriced. $855 for whites....really?!

Nuvinho
10-20-2015, 12:51 PM
so if I wait until 2016, I get it cheaper than 2015 late.....nice one MLSE!

2015 Early
2015 Late

Upper Bowl Red
$1273
$1406
$1273

nfitz
10-20-2015, 02:43 PM
so if I wait until 2016, I get it cheaper than 2015 late.....nice one MLSE!

2015 Early
2015 Late

Upper Bowl Red
$1273
$1406
$1273

Listed price. Not much indication one way or another that they actually sold any or many at that price.

TFC Cityboy
10-20-2015, 06:50 PM
like someone else said, $40 for lower bowl to see Giovinco 19x a year is pretty solid.

except he'll be snapped up by a better club in a better league.

Justin10000
10-20-2015, 06:54 PM
except he'll be snapped up by a better club in a better league.

No he won't.

jazzy
10-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Not only do they have the crazy mess of tiers that is new section. Now in the previous sections, they are charging different price based on 1st and 2nd levels.

My guess is next year light grey (lower level) will see another increase.

I mentioned that and they didn't answer BUT what worries me is all the ticket info and location sheets are not even mentioning 'light grey' .....the new section above them is white in some cases . I think the section will be simply blended in with another and wiped out , along with the obligatory price increase . But for me there is no way this stadium gets completed the way it was envisioned . Simply patchwork design , everywhere . The Canadian way compromise . I am even afraid that TFC 's image and quality is tarnished by the someday unsuccessful Argo cheapness . Would MLSE even care as long as some seats are filled for the different events ? I'm firing to see Argo fans in November out in droves by the lake :).

jvanpeebles
10-21-2015, 06:38 AM
I am going to be giving up 2 of our 5 seats in 110, still don't like the idea of paying for 2 potential home games, (Maybe I only want 2 or 3 seats but I do not have the option to unselect any seats!!!). That's like saying Led Zeppelin might reunite and play Toronto, so pay for your tickets now, and we will refund if it doesn't happen. FFS

Where are you in 110 Derko?

jvanpeebles
10-21-2015, 06:48 AM

2015 Early
2015 Late

Upper Bowl Red
$1273
$1406
$1273

Light Red
$1121
$1121
$1140

East End Dark Grey
$950
$1045
$1045

Upper Bowl Dark Grey
$950
$950
$950

White
$798
$798
$855

Upper Bowel Medium Grey
$684
$760
$684

Black
$646
$646
$570

These are prices for new season tickets holders this year? MY tickets in medium grey are more than that. Do they have different prices for lower bowl medium fgrey vs. upper bowl medium grey?

brad
10-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Does anybody have the password for the Insider advance sale for playoff tickets at 10:00 today? I'm on the TFC Insider list, but have not gotten the email with it (just the ones trying to sell me seasons)

ensco
10-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Going into the ticketmaster website, I was somewhat startled by the quality of the seats offered in better sections - eg 223, row 6.

Not a sign that the project is working.

Pint
10-21-2015, 08:42 AM

If you only want 3 of your seats for the playoffs call your rep.

I had the logic behind them selling both games 1 and 2 described to me this way: if we play at home in the playin game it will be a wednesday or thursday night, if we win that our next home game would be 3 or 4 days after. Not enough time to do all the sales and ops of getting tickets out, which is somewhat understandable.

Derko
10-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Where are you in 110 Derko?

Row 24 and Row 25, The 2 I will be giving up are Row 25 Seats 5 and 6

Derko
10-21-2015, 08:56 AM
If you only want 3 of your seats for the playoffs call your rep.

I had the logic behind them selling both games 1 and 2 described to me this way: if we play at home in the playin game it will be a wednesday or thursday night, if we win that our next home game would be 3 or 4 days after. Not enough time to do all the sales and ops of getting tickets out, which is somewhat understandable.

Yes I spoke with Justin and he explained the process, all is good, just seemed a bit confusing

FRANKIE65
10-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Does anybody have the password for the Insider advance sale for playoff tickets at 10:00 today? I'm on the TFC Insider list, but have not gotten the email with it (just the ones trying to sell me seasons)

Funny...I never received it either?

Cas87
10-21-2015, 09:10 AM
^^ according to the TFC twitter feed, the email is coming at 10:45am today.

7 mins ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/656832111740125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBwgHBgkIBwgKCgkLDRYPDQwMDRsUFRAWIB0iIiAdHx 8kKDQsJCYxJx8fLT0tMTU3Ojo6Iys/RD84QzQ5OjcBCgoKDQwNGg8PGjclHyU3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nz c3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3N//AABEIAEYARgMBEQACEQEDEQH/xAAbAAABBQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAECBQYEB//EADIQAAEDAwMDAgUDAwUAAAAAAAECAwQABREGEiETMVEiQRQyY XGRFoGxB1KhFSNCYpL/xAAaAQACAwEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQIDBAUG/8QAMBEAAQQAAwYFAwQDAAAAAAAAAQACAxEEITESE0FRYdEicYG hsQWR8BQyweEjUvH/2gAMAwEAAhEDEQA/APMcD25qxVKJ4Hj60i4N1VkcT5DTBajvA Ws7p/9V1IfpoGchvyUCSTyaoJJ1XSYxrBTRSakpJUJpUISoSSoTCKp3 0Ve6YnRcyH6axuchv4QySeTVJzXSADRQCVJNNQhKhLNKhNKhCV CSVCa2epbdaGNPuLiwmmLlHlMtvlh5a20haXDsBUTkjpjJHGTg Zxk2P2Rk1Z8Pvy0Om4ix6Ed12QLPb5ejZFxgzQuZCZbLxetrQY 6ijjohSk7lLHHPIOR5pgAi1nfI4S7JGR6m/NWWotKRLXFcWzcGQuFNYiT3ZFtY6aeolKuogJTnA3jg/X92WgKuOYuOY1GWZR0aPiL1O7a2nlSIybSmehTUCMHXCVAbQFJ AAwffH3p7Iukt 7d7XWtSsxLt8j9bI07Fjojhx9tpJmwI/URuAJKggbT3JGDyMVCvFS0Ajc7wm/IlXzNj0/N1ZDsFuualvGS9HlodtbAUktoUdyFbMYKk4xyalQugqTJI2Pbc MvM91HTul2btFs7zz7bZn3B KsIgx8JShC1AjKO52D80BtpSTFpPQcz3XBr3S6LZaYc6Gp4NPS FsliXAbjvApz6htAyk4/iovbQtX4SR0ryys/MlVOi7XEk3N1NxZTIQGCQ2SRg7k85/P5qLKJW eBzGAkpXICPpNW/hUycgtJx3S0hYUftl0D9j4oIyVk7rkrkPkjstdPjTXf6fwon kWspi25M9lLNyUl9KSkZkKZwAo985zjJAqw/tXEYRvibOZrT2tVf8AUXUVzcemaclWyKxPdkMuz3YrqnPiHOmk J2g/KMbeB7j75TiT4VZBE1o3oOQ7q1vEO7fqd4XeyW WqNYgFwhKXl5lJIKm1AA7xg8fipEG9FU0s3fhcRZQJ9l1Tc9aq vqlWuDKjLjqSh6RhtpwgdNgnGSsjGR/278ikQ4utTbLC2Hd5m7/AOqwdFzEyNqGPatO2KTHnPqfVLmYckO8pcTkj5TlXAJ75H1ZNZ 6KLG7QMYJdkNAut965wJVichQbLGQw98QxaWZ5Lzzj4KN3qGcD eT4Az7DiJc4EVStjgie1 2XedZCljNXwrlHmhd1usaatTi0ANzS Y5B9SCO6cZHGKqcDeZXZwUkTmVGwjThV9Vd2iK9GZbEINdEJIK itxBc7EL9IOc8n6AgdwauaAAsssjXO8V36Gumf5xXnd5ujl1lh 1aEtNNoDbDDfytIHZI/JJJ5JJJ71UTaBkthd9WXCXY7dbbQuLHjptLMOUt12Ol1zAwpIU VbggjHBwe/AqwuJFBYGQNa8udZN3xVrcLtpSbrBvUymrgqSH0OrYXLh9M7EY Tj/AHM90pPfzTJbdqtrJhGY HkeyIrVrEy4WK5qgiJKt0x1bvSuTLqXGXMlY3KcyTuJ47AE48U i8ZFTZg5C1zRmD0PZDtl5hKNyaviXXWX7sLmwtibH3hQPCVBS8 YwAOKQk5/wtD8C4BpZrVGw7siXzV8ydZnYsEx470iU 4 FPxlpLS84SCVE5x3IAqLpCRQ/hXQYJjJQ59kACsnaj0Qr1qV64zLY228lu2RUMFxtMmKh3qN91J XuJHtjmgvsjl6KUOFbGx5I8Rvg6qPMUga8v8S7wITLIdkPNOqU qZJXHLpSRwjDJ5Hvk KHvDq/pTwGGfC9xOQPAXXushDlvwXS7FdLbhTtKhjkeP8VAZLovja8U4 WqOmuWt5Y9NWd9ixrkxpDyJXUVMf I2BrYha1o2YyMJ6agc oE1YA3JY3STEu2eFe5r5VnD0NAdRaXVQXUuy25Mlcdx8pSUhCC 0hK1D3LjYKvJI9qNm6U9/sF d1Quvua9CpKsWneu0whl/bInPsMPrkFKSlsJxk7eAXFBvcR2571HZbotAxOJomxkAarn/AFmq wWGFcr7ObfiyW4keQ2wIynhvC3HQjClgf8AEb1cd9tJoBNK/EYl8cLaIsgm65C9OuQXXE0/ZvjbXEVHnv8AxS23VSd 1sNLC17TgcKDfTX9cnsMU6FgKp KnLXvsCuHGxQvyuwqiyRrROlz5E2LJZtzLXUGx4YZHtlRGVKJw EpA5J8A1FtanRaZ3zxta1pBcemv5xKnquyxbLGtiGdxkuoV8QS 4FDckJChjHpKV9RJHPCRznNNwApGDxDpnPvQae/yKKz2PektyA1Gbb5I3HyaFQyBrOqt3b7dXkIQ7OdWlDCmEgkcN qSEqH7pAGe AKLJCQwsIzDeN ql oLt1FOfHOb1LKycJBJJQT7eWm/8AyKNo80fpYa/b Z9ykxqG7sOpdZnuoWgLSCnHZat6vb3Vz9wPFAJHFDsJC4UW8vb IeyDCu1xgCT8HMda JGHik8r78k eTz35NAJGik/DxSVtNutEQ326qTHSqc6Ux2lNMjj0JUjYR2/t4z3xRZ5pfpoRZ2dcz97 UKPc5ka3vQGn9sV47nG9iTuOMZyRkceKOFKToI3PEhGYTXK5TL pID9wkLfdCdoWv2GSfb6kn7k0Ek6oiiZE3ZYKC5KFan/mkhMfqc0ISoQmoQnFCE3vQhS/amhQW4lHcjPgVJsbnaLHicfBh8nnPkNUBUhR UYFaWwNGq4E/1ud5/wAQ2R9yurFZF6pMBmkE0iO2f8UISNCEj5oQhqXtyT59qkxpeaW XF4puFj3jhaA4 skpHp 1a2wtC8zifq2Imyb4R01 /ZCTzk/WrVy0iFKHpUB9xmhC/9k=

(https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/656832111740125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)
Heads Up! The Toronto FC Playoff Presale Code Email Will Be Sent Out @ 10:45am.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-21-2015, 09:34 AM
And there seems like there are lots of decent tickets still available. I just called in to pick up an extra pair to go with my seasons and was looking in Section 111 - they had 1st row, 4th row, and some higher up. If you're open to where you want to sit I'm sure there's lots, and price wise they aren't bad compared to seasons (playoff tickets were $40, vs $44 when I called in today to get extras in the same section).

nfitz
10-21-2015, 09:38 AM
These are prices for new season tickets holders this year? MY tickets in medium grey are more than that. Do they have different prices for lower bowl medium fgrey vs. upper bowl medium grey?Yes they do. There's nothing available when you try, but on the TFC renewal website they list the 100 Levels new seasons in Medium Grey as $760 (going up to $798 in December) compared to $684 in the 200s.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR2RMOvVAAAX7u6.png

Captain
10-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Can I call and switch where my seats are now?

Cujo
10-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Soccer Canada sent their presale link @10:25am (different code that Toronto FC Insider)

^^ according to the TFC twitter feed, the email is coming at 10:45am today.

7 mins ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/656832111740125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBwgHBgkIBwgKCgkLDRYPDQwMDRsUFRAWIB0iIiAdHx 8kKDQsJCYxJx8fLT0tMTU3Ojo6Iys/RD84QzQ5OjcBCgoKDQwNGg8PGjclHyU3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nz c3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3N//AABEIAEYARgMBEQACEQEDEQH/xAAbAAABBQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAECBQYEB//EADIQAAEDAwMDAgUDAwUAAAAAAAECAwQABREGEiETMVEiQRQyY XGRFoGxB1KhFSNCYpL/xAAaAQACAwEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQIDBAUG/8QAMBEAAQQAAwYFAwQDAAAAAAAAAQACAxEEITESE0FRYdEicYG hsQWR8BQyweEjUvH/2gAMAwEAAhEDEQA/APMcD25qxVKJ4Hj60i4N1VkcT5DTBajvA Ws7p/9V1IfpoGchvyUCSTyaoJJ1XSYxrBTRSakpJUJpUISoSSoTCKp3 0Ve6YnRcyH6axuchv4QySeTVJzXSADRQCVJNNQhKhLNKhNKhCV CSVCa2epbdaGNPuLiwmmLlHlMtvlh5a20haXDsBUTkjpjJHGTg Zxk2P2Rk1Z8Pvy0Om4ix6Ed12QLPb5ejZFxgzQuZCZbLxetrQY 6ijjohSk7lLHHPIOR5pgAi1nfI4S7JGR6m/NWWotKRLXFcWzcGQuFNYiT3ZFtY6aeolKuogJTnA3jg/X92WgKuOYuOY1GWZR0aPiL1O7a2nlSIybSmehTUCMHXCVAbQFJ AAwffH3p7Iukt 7d7XWtSsxLt8j9bI07Fjojhx9tpJmwI/URuAJKggbT3JGDyMVCvFS0Ajc7wm/IlXzNj0/N1ZDsFuualvGS9HlodtbAUktoUdyFbMYKk4xyalQugqTJI2Pbc MvM91HTul2btFs7zz7bZn3B KsIgx8JShC1AjKO52D80BtpSTFpPQcz3XBr3S6LZaYc6Gp4NPS FsliXAbjvApz6htAyk4/iovbQtX4SR0ryys/MlVOi7XEk3N1NxZTIQGCQ2SRg7k85/P5qLKJW eBzGAkpXICPpNW/hUycgtJx3S0hYUftl0D9j4oIyVk7rkrkPkjstdPjTXf6fwon kWspi25M9lLNyUl9KSkZkKZwAo985zjJAqw/tXEYRvibOZrT2tVf8AUXUVzcemaclWyKxPdkMuz3YrqnPiHOmk J2g/KMbeB7j75TiT4VZBE1o3oOQ7q1vEO7fqd4XeyW WqNYgFwhKXl5lJIKm1AA7xg8fipEG9FU0s3fhcRZQJ9l1Tc9aq vqlWuDKjLjqSh6RhtpwgdNgnGSsjGR/278ikQ4utTbLC2Hd5m7/AOqwdFzEyNqGPatO2KTHnPqfVLmYckO8pcTkj5TlXAJ75H1ZNZ 6KLG7QMYJdkNAut965wJVichQbLGQw98QxaWZ5Lzzj4KN3qGcD eT4Az7DiJc4EVStjgie1 2XedZCljNXwrlHmhd1usaatTi0ANzS Y5B9SCO6cZHGKqcDeZXZwUkTmVGwjThV9Vd2iK9GZbEINdEJIK itxBc7EL9IOc8n6AgdwauaAAsssjXO8V36Gumf5xXnd5ujl1lh 1aEtNNoDbDDfytIHZI/JJJ5JJJ71UTaBkthd9WXCXY7dbbQuLHjptLMOUt12Ol1zAwpIU VbggjHBwe/AqwuJFBYGQNa8udZN3xVrcLtpSbrBvUymrgqSH0OrYXLh9M7EY Tj/AHM90pPfzTJbdqtrJhGY HkeyIrVrEy4WK5qgiJKt0x1bvSuTLqXGXMlY3KcyTuJ47AE48U i8ZFTZg5C1zRmD0PZDtl5hKNyaviXXWX7sLmwtibH3hQPCVBS8 YwAOKQk5/wtD8C4BpZrVGw7siXzV8ydZnYsEx470iU 4 FPxlpLS84SCVE5x3IAqLpCRQ/hXQYJjJQ59kACsnaj0Qr1qV64zLY228lu2RUMFxtMmKh3qN91J XuJHtjmgvsjl6KUOFbGx5I8Rvg6qPMUga8v8S7wITLIdkPNOqU qZJXHLpSRwjDJ5Hvk KHvDq/pTwGGfC9xOQPAXXushDlvwXS7FdLbhTtKhjkeP8VAZLovja8U4 WqOmuWt5Y9NWd9ixrkxpDyJXUVMf I2BrYha1o2YyMJ6agc oE1YA3JY3STEu2eFe5r5VnD0NAdRaXVQXUuy25Mlcdx8pSUhCC 0hK1D3LjYKvJI9qNm6U9/sF d1Quvua9CpKsWneu0whl/bInPsMPrkFKSlsJxk7eAXFBvcR2571HZbotAxOJomxkAarn/AFmq wWGFcr7ObfiyW4keQ2wIynhvC3HQjClgf8AEb1cd9tJoBNK/EYl8cLaIsgm65C9OuQXXE0/ZvjbXEVHnv8AxS23VSd 1sNLC17TgcKDfTX9cnsMU6FgKp KnLXvsCuHGxQvyuwqiyRrROlz5E2LJZtzLXUGx4YZHtlRGVKJw EpA5J8A1FtanRaZ3zxta1pBcemv5xKnquyxbLGtiGdxkuoV8QS 4FDckJChjHpKV9RJHPCRznNNwApGDxDpnPvQae/yKKz2PektyA1Gbb5I3HyaFQyBrOqt3b7dXkIQ7OdWlDCmEgkcN qSEqH7pAGe AKLJCQwsIzDeN ql oLt1FOfHOb1LKycJBJJQT7eWm/8AyKNo80fpYa/b Z9ykxqG7sOpdZnuoWgLSCnHZat6vb3Vz9wPFAJHFDsJC4UW8vb IeyDCu1xgCT8HMda JGHik8r78k eTz35NAJGik/DxSVtNutEQ326qTHSqc6Ux2lNMjj0JUjYR2/t4z3xRZ5pfpoRZ2dcz97 UKPc5ka3vQGn9sV47nG9iTuOMZyRkceKOFKToI3PEhGYTXK5TL pID9wkLfdCdoWv2GSfb6kn7k0Ek6oiiZE3ZYKC5KFan/mkhMfqc0ISoQmoQnFCE3vQhS/amhQW4lHcjPgVJsbnaLHicfBh8nnPkNUBUhR UYFaWwNGq4E/1ud5/wAQ2R9yurFZF6pMBmkE0iO2f8UISNCEj5oQhqXtyT59qkxpeaW XF4puFj3jhaA4 skpHp 1a2wtC8zifq2Imyb4R01 /ZCTzk/WrVy0iFKHpUB9xmhC/9k=

(https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/656832111740125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)
Heads Up! The Toronto FC Playoff Presale Code Email Will Be Sent Out @ 10:45am.

Captain
10-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Has anyone received this e-mail with the presale code? I have not received anything.

Justin10000
10-21-2015, 09:54 AM
has anyone received this e-mail with the presale code? I have not received anything.

giovinco10

Justin10000
10-21-2015, 09:55 AM
In Capital Letters

Hieberrr
10-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Is there a special link?

Captain
10-21-2015, 09:59 AM
This is so frustrating. I just keep getting told tickets are not on sale yet. Can someone give me a link that is working for them.
Thanks

nfitz
10-21-2015, 10:05 AM
I seem to have got one code to my waiting list email, another to that one as well, not sure why that's different.

But nothing on the Ticketmaster account seems to let you even enter the code, and actually get tickets. Anyone got it at all?

Edit - oh, seems to be working now. Wasn't 5 minutes ago. Both codes give same access. $44 in light grey.

Justin10000
10-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Try this link:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/820ads?brand=torontofc&camefrom=CFC_torontofc_EM_INSIDER_PLAYOFFPRESALE

Justin10000
10-21-2015, 10:06 AM
I seem to have got one code to my waiting list email, another to that one as well, not sure why that's different.

But nothing on the Ticketmaster account seems to let you even enter the code, and actually get tickets. Anyone got it at all?

There's a small messagebox where you enter the code. I try it, it works for me. I posted the link above.

Cujo
10-21-2015, 10:07 AM

I got in.

There is a little box next to where you'd pick seat quantities. You have to manually enter the code in there.

nfitz
10-21-2015, 10:12 AM
I got in.

Thanks, there is a little box next to where you'd pick seat quantities. You have to manually enter the code in there.Yes, they seemed to have fixed it (turned it on) just after I posted. Edited my post.

fergiejr
10-21-2015, 10:12 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/820ads?brand=torontofc

This link worked for me in Chrome. Not IE or Firefox. I do have my settings pretty tight on those two browsers.
You have to select the game, 1 or 2.

Note: I tried Canada Soccer code and TFC code. Same price for tickets in 109. Didn't check any other sections. $79 per for game 1.

OSORIO21 or GIOVINCO10

Lennon
10-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the presale code guys.

No tickets available in the supporter's section though. Bummer.

Captain
10-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Try this link:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/820ads?brand=torontofc&camefrom=CFC_torontofc_EM_INSIDER_PLAYOFFPRESALE

Thanks, this link worked. I was signed on to ticketmaster but couldn't get to this point.

Super
10-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Secured 2 play-off tickets for $30 each. So I'm all set. Happy with the price.

zamperina
10-21-2015, 10:38 AM
I picked up a pair in section 207. Any idea when these tickets will be released?

stelinelli
10-21-2015, 10:48 AM
This has been a ridiculous process as I've tried to use three different codes (GIOVINCO10, BRADLEY4 and OSORIO21) and none of them seem to work. I guess I'll either wait until the public on-sale or see if there are any extra tickets being sold in the ticket trader sub-forum. Either way, I've had such a great time going to games this year and I definitely do not want to miss out on the first playoff game as I know that the atmosphere will be electric!

cmonyoureds
10-21-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm guessing the tied up phone lines are being made worse by the obvious "can you explain how this works" question. No wonder the hold time is 30 mins plus at this point......

Seriously, worst ticketing process ever.

nfitz
10-21-2015, 11:01 AM
This has been a ridiculous process as I've tried to use three different codesI hadn't seen the 3rd one before. And it works fine for me at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/820ads?brand=torontofc - the selection is more limited (oh wait, so is the Bradley one now ... things changing).

Try a different browser or Computer?

cmonyoureds
10-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Soooo next Wednesday.................Low of 4 degrees and 80% chance of rain...................just saying.

Red4ever
10-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Didn't even get an email. Unreal.

Fort York Redcoat
10-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Didn't even get an email. Unreal.

Sounds like it could be a spam issue. I know it's happened to me twice since year one.

nfitz
10-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Didn't even get an email. Unreal.I don't think it went to SSH, who can phone up and get better same ticket at better prices. It went to the waiting list, and some other lists. And the passwords are above.

Though might be useful to see what's available for if you phone up. if they still allow that - they were earlier this morning apparently.

Sounds like it could be a spam issue. I know it's happened to me twice since year one.I haven't missed a SSH email for years. Sure it went to SSH and not to other lists?

fergiejr
10-21-2015, 11:56 AM
I didn't get an email today from the SSH list. I got one from Canada Soccer. SSH had to call in yesterday until today at 10am. No link.

Pint
10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Today was the "insider" presale no? SSH could call their rep as of yesterday or monday morning to get extra tickets if they had renewed?

FRANKIE65
10-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Soooo next Wednesday.................Low of 4 degrees and 80% chance of rain...................just saying.

Might have to break out a light jacket.

Red4ever
10-21-2015, 12:52 PM
Very poorly done all around.

Couchy81
10-21-2015, 01:05 PM
Well I got my pair of tickets with the OSORIO21 code. $39 each. Not my ideal seats I should have jumped on this morning. I'm still pumped to be going though.

Auzzy
10-21-2015, 03:27 PM
I purchased my light grey playoffs tickets today as a SSH, upper west side, $35 per seat & per game.

Man, I'm so pissed off about the new season ticket prices. The more I read here (including thinking about the pricing & seat map in the new east seats), the more pissed off I get. I'll rant about all that another time...

brad
10-21-2015, 04:39 PM
I purchased my light grey playoffs tickets today as a SSH, upper west side, $35 per seat & per game.

Man, I'm so pissed off about the new season ticket prices. The more I read here (including thinking about the pricing & seat map in the new east seats), the more pissed off I get. I'll rant about all that another time...

So we have different price points for Light Greys as well? I purchased Light Greys lower east side, $44/ticket.

MightyDM
10-21-2015, 04:50 PM
what is the price per game change? It was $12, am I right? Is it now $19?

nfitz
10-21-2015, 05:34 PM
what is the price per game change? It was $12, am I right? Is it now $19?Light grey seasons? Was $12 for year 1 (2012 or earlier) holders. Now $17. In 2015, the price for 2013 SSH was $15. 2014 and early 2015 were $19. If any late 2015 SSH was $21.

MightyDM
10-21-2015, 11:46 PM
I know its a big percentage increase but $17 isn't bad. its the price of a large beer,

Auzzy
10-21-2015, 11:46 PM
So we have different price points for Light Greys as well? I purchased Light Greys lower east side, $44/ticket.

Yes it's nuts. It looks like light grey pricing is being split between lower & upper tier.

My first rant: So the new seats (upper east side) mostly sold very badly this year, despite the non-stop Giovinco show. You would think they would learn from that (like in the north end in the past), make those seats a bit more reasonable, a bit more like the rest of the stadium. Or at least freeze the pricing.

But no: based on nfitz's chart above, season tickets in the upper east are getting even more expensive in 3 price categories; frozen in 3 price categories; and only dropped in one category (black). So instead of the new seats becoming more like the old pricing, it looks like it's the other way around.

As somebody mentioned, there isn't actually any light grey in the new upper east seats. That leads me to my next rant: I'm worried that after this year's massive price increase for light grey, they won't even be done. It doesn't make sense that all the new seats in the upper east, are currently more expensive than all the old light greys (upper & lower bowl)

I'm really worried that the old light greys will be bumped up to the new black pricing in future years. So from $228 this year for a single light grey season ticket; to $323 in 2016; to $570 (each!) in the future. For a pair of light greys, the total would increase from $456 to $1140, a 250% increase.

All of that was a guess for the upper bowl light grey (west side). Light grey probably would get even more expensive for the existing lower bowl (east & west). Again just a guess, based on the new upper east seats.

I remember that promises were made to us after the price drop to year one: That they had learned from the excessive price increases in TFC's first few years; that they wouldn't do that again; that there would at most be reasonable, steady increases.

42% increase (and possibly even more in the future) is not reasonable or steady.

I'm so pissed off.

Auzzy
10-21-2015, 11:57 PM
I know its a big percentage increase but $17 isn't bad. its the price of a large beer,

Sorry that's also crock, and I was going to rant about this tomorrow. First of all, a massively overpriced large beer is not a reasonable comparison for me for anything.

Plus the way they're trying to explain this price increase -- only $5 more per game; only $17 per game -- is BS. Because they're not selling me a single ticket like that. They're only selling a whole season's worth of tickets at that price. For a pair of tickets, it's a $190 jump within one season, and I don't even think they plan to stop after that. That's a very significant price increase.

It's like the "only one dollar per day" BS on crappy late night TV ads -- marketing crock to try & gloss over the true cost of something.

Think of a family of four. It's a ton of money, and quickly getting out of synch with the rest of MLS again. Which brings me to my next point: light greys were decently priced family seats (since yellow supporter's seats might not be ideal for many families). That's falling by the wayside.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Think of a family of four. It's a ton of money, and quickly getting out of synch with the rest of MLS again. Which brings me to my next point: light greys were decently priced family seats (since yellow supporter's seats might not be ideal for many families). That's falling by the wayside.

Amen. I've kept my pair out of the South End for years, because I've always planned on taking my daughter to games (she's 3), and it's a little too rowdy there. But if they keep this up that cheap alternative isn't going to be one for much longer - as I said in an email to my rep "111 is still a Supporter Section, but in one year we've gone from $38 more / ticket to $104.50 more / ticket from the other Supporter Sections (112-118)." I don't see them closing that gap any time soon.

Justin10000
10-22-2015, 08:07 AM
Sounds like it could be a spam issue. I know it's happened to me twice since year one.

Yeah.. I got burned because Gmail sent my relocation notice to the Spam folder. Set your mail filters to accept all Toronto FC email.

Mekajake
10-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Has anyone been able to split up and only buy Game 1 or 2 in their account manager? Being well out of town & work travel I definitely wouldn't be able to get to Game 1 if hosting a knock out. Whenever (confidence...) Game 2 is I'm able to get to it....

Joe Kool
10-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Has anyone been able to split up and only buy Game 1 or 2 in their account manager? Being well out of town & work travel I definitely wouldn't be able to get to Game 1 if hosting a knock out. Whenever (confidence...) Game 2 is I'm able to get to it....

Of course if anyone just wants to buy Game 1 at my cost (About $50 per seat med grey - 110 Row 8) then PM me....

Call your rep. They can do alot of customized requests that you can't do with Account Manager.

nfitz
10-22-2015, 08:59 AM
As somebody mentioned, there isn't actually any light grey in the new upper east seats. I thought there was behind black at the top of 203, 204, 210, and 211. Though there's so many shades of grey on that chart now, it's hard to tell anything. Espeically now that they are pricing lower and upper differently. As someone mentioned, at the rate they are going, every seat in the stadium will have a different price.

Fort York Redcoat
10-22-2015, 09:08 AM
I thought there was behind black at the top of 203, 204, 210, and 211. Though there's so many shades of grey on that chart now, it's hard to tell anything. Espeically now that they are pricing lower and upper differently. As someone mentioned, at the rate they are going, every seat in the stadium will have a different price.

Mr Light Grey will see you now...g:D

Mekajake
10-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Call your rep. They can do alot of customized requests that you can't do with Account Manager.

Will do. Thanks.

brad
10-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Yes it's nuts. It looks like light grey pricing is being split between lower & upper tier.

As somebody mentioned, there isn't actually any light grey in the new upper east seats. That leads me to my next rant: I'm worried that after this year's massive price increase for light grey, they won't even be done. It doesn't make sense that all the new seats in the upper east, are currently more expensive than all the old light greys (upper & lower bowl)

I'm really worried that the old light greys will be bumped up to the new black pricing in future years. So from $228 this year for a single light grey season ticket; to $323 in 2016; to $570 (each!) in the future. For a pair of light greys, the total would increase from $456 to $1140, a 250% increase.

All of that was a guess for the upper bowl light grey (west side). Light grey probably would get even more expensive for the existing lower bowl (east & west). Again just a guess, based on the new upper east seats.

I would not be surprised at all to see light greys go up again (as well as the rest of the stadium). My last year as an SSH was 2011, and I paid $479/ticket that year. Prices will keep increasing until the point where it looks like people are going to start dropping them en masse. Until then, it will be as you see now.

I remember that promises were made to us after the price drop to year one: That they had learned from the excessive price increases in TFC's first few years; that they wouldn't do that again; that there would at most be reasonable, steady increases.

42% increase (and possibly even more in the future) is not reasonable or steady.

I'm so pissed off.

Stuff like this is the reason I stopped believing anything MLSE/TFC says years ago.

nfitz
10-22-2015, 01:25 PM
I would not be surprised at all to see light greys go up again (as well as the rest of the stadium). My last year as an SSH was 2011, and I paid $479/ticket that year. Prices will keep increasing until the point where it looks like people are going to start dropping them en masse. Until then, it will be as you see now.They did initially list the price as $479 in light grey, but then there was the revolt.

The $479 price was based on 21 games (17 regular, 2 Voyageurs Cup, and 2 Champions League matches) and the 2010 MLS Cup final. Price-wise the equivalent to 23 games. They later dropped the 2 Champions League matches and sold it at $437, and after more fuss gave everyone "the first game free", with the final price $416 for those renewing. The used the same pricing in 2012 for the 19-games they've used ever since, and it was $399 ($21 a match*)

Even with the recent light-grey price increase, it's $323 for those who held tickets back in 2011.

* If anyone is checking my math, MLS cup was at twice the 2010 price of $19 rather than twice the 2011 price of $21.

brad
10-22-2015, 03:42 PM
They did initially list the price as $479 in light grey, but then there was the revolt.

The $479 price was based on 21 games (17 regular, 2 Voyageurs Cup, and 2 Champions League matches) and the 2010 MLS Cup final. Price-wise the equivalent to 23 games. They later dropped the 2 Champions League matches and sold it at $437, and after more fuss gave everyone "the first game free", with the final price $416 for those renewing. The used the same pricing in 2012 for the 19-games they've used ever since, and it was $399 ($21 a match*)

Even with the recent light-grey price increase, it's $323 for those who held tickets back in 2011.

* If anyone is checking my math, MLS cup was at twice the 2010 price of $19 rather than twice the 2011 price of $21.

Checking your math - 22 games, not 23 :). But seriously, great memory (or good Google skills). I just went back and looked at my invoice which was $479/ticket. I assume they must have refunded after the revolt, as I definitely paid $479 * 2.

nfitz
10-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Checking your math - 22 games, not 23Yes, 22 games, but premium games (like 2010 MLS cup) were always priced double back then. To complicate it, they calculated the 2011 ticket price using 21 times the 2011 price/game and 2 times the 2010 price/game.

assume they must have refunded after the revolt, as I definitely paid $479 * 2.It's been a while, but if I recall, they gave the option of those who'd paid, of keeping the 2 Champions League tickets at that pricing, or paying the lower season price, and purchasing later if they wanted. As we played 4 Champions League matches that summer, presumably you kept them and no refund.

Terrible memory. I've been tracking this for years, plus some searching to fill in the blanks.

Gilberto9
10-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Is there any RPBs from London going to the first playoff game? If the game ends up being on Sunday evening (Nov 1st), I am in need of a ride back to London the same night. I will pitch gas money.

MightyDM
10-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Sorry that's also crock, and I was going to rant about this tomorrow. First of all, a massively overpriced large beer is not a reasonable comparison for me for anything.

Plus the way they're trying to explain this price increase -- only $5 more per game; only $17 per game -- is BS. Because they're not selling me a single ticket like that. They're only selling a whole season's worth of tickets at that price. For a pair of tickets, it's a $190 jump within one season, and I don't even think they plan to stop after that. That's a very significant price increase.

It's like the "only one dollar per day" BS on crappy late night TV ads -- marketing crock to try & gloss over the true cost of something.

Fair point about the families but as an absolute value $17 isn't out of line. If they keep raising light grey I would tend to agree with you

jazzy
10-22-2015, 09:14 PM

My first rant: So the new seats (upper east side) mostly sold very badly this year, despite the non-stop Giovinco show. You would think they would learn from that (like in the north end in the past), make those seats a bit more reasonable, a bit more like the rest of the stadium. Or at least freeze the pricing.

But no: based on nfitz's chart above, season tickets in the upper east are getting even more expensive in 3 price categories; frozen in 3 price categories; and only dropped in one category (black). So instead of the new seats becoming more like the old pricing, it looks like it's the other way around.

I'm so pissed off.

Ive mentioned it before......this is also what I believe also.......light grey's are hardly mentioned in the layouts . I spoke with FO and they are getting it from all of us in light grey's but hedged when I said and what happens next year . Bad , bad karma here .

lobo
10-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Is there any RPBs from London going to the first playoff game? If the game ends up being on Sunday evening (Nov 1st), I am in need of a ride back to London the same night. I will pitch gas money.

PM me.

OgtheDim
10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
One theory - move light grey to a certain price and then expand light grey in the upper east. God knows they have to do something up there.

nfitz
10-22-2015, 10:53 PM
One theory - move light grey to a certain price and then expand light grey in the upper east. God knows they have to do something up there.Light grey playoff tickets are cheaper in the 200s (both east and west). And new seasons for medium grey and dark grey in the east are at different price levels. Presumably light-grey in the 100s is now priced higher than light-grey in the 200s.

brad
10-23-2015, 08:11 AM
^^the pricing difference between upper and lower is understandable, but why not use different colors in the new section to cut down on the confusion.

Unless they are purposely creating price point confusion so that nobody really knows what others are paying.

Pint
10-23-2015, 08:43 AM
I've always gotten the feeling that the FO would like to get rid of light grey/med grey and just have a combined grey category.

The price different doesn't really make sense between the two.

nfitz
10-23-2015, 09:12 AM
I've always gotten the feeling that the FO would like to get rid of light grey/med grey and just have a combined grey category.

The price different doesn't really make sense between the two.Perhaps that was Paul's view. But last year they created Black which was priced between Light Grey and Medium Grey. And now they've got both Upper and Lower pricing for Light Grey, Medium Grey, Dark Grey, and Red ... along with Black between Medium Grey and Dark Grey and Light Red between Dark Grey and Red. So (not including Club) we've gone from 5 price levels. To 7 with the north stand (light and dark blue). To 10 last season; and now 12 this season (even though Light and Dark blue are both physically gone).

Hieberrr
10-23-2015, 02:49 PM
So are we guaranteed a home playoff game or is there still a chance we won't have one?

molenshtain
10-23-2015, 03:03 PM
So are we guaranteed a home playoff game or is there still a chance we won't have one?

If we lose on Sunday we'll likely come fifth or sixth.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-23-2015, 03:17 PM

If Montreal beats us on Sunday they will jump us in the table and we'll be at least 5th, and not guaranteed a home game. If we tie them, it will depend on if New England wins, but I think it could go either way. Winning makes things a lot more interesting - we could finish all the way in 2nd, at which point we get to skip the first round completely and then would be guaranteed a home game. Whatever happens if we win we play at home at some point.

Pint
10-23-2015, 03:20 PM
If Montreal beats us on Sunday they will jump us in the table and we'll be at least 5th, and not guaranteed a home game. If we tie them, it will depend on if New England wins, but I think it could go either way. Winning makes things a lot more interesting - we could finish all the way in 2nd, at which point we get to skip the first round completely and then would be guaranteed a home game. Whatever happens if we win we play at home at some point.

if we draw we are either 3rd or 4th - 3rd if Columbus loses and 4th if Columbus gets a point. NE can't catch us if we get a point as we will have 1 more win than them and that's the first tie breaker.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-23-2015, 03:27 PM
if we draw we are either 3rd or 4th - 3rd if Columbus loses and 4th if Columbus gets a point. NE can't catch us if we get a point as we will have 1 more win than them and that's the first tie breaker.

Right - forgot about the extra W on New England. Thanks.

So last week of the season and we could end up anywhere from 2nd to 6th - what a time to be alive.

BritSOL
10-23-2015, 07:01 PM
I feel like I am in limbo right now. I am currently in the North End and so have to move for next year, but have no idea yet what pricing I will be charged for the different sections. I currently pay $513 per seat which is lower than the people next to me who I think pay around $700 a seat?

ensco
10-24-2015, 07:36 AM
Jays losing puts possibility of a game Wednesday night back on the table

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Still think MLSE will want to go with Thursday with the Raptors home opener on Wednesday, no need to risk splitting the casuals attention, plus I am sure all the executives will want to attend both.

Ultra & Proud
10-24-2015, 08:18 AM
Weather reports calling for a monsoon that day so that'll probably be what happens.

flatpicker
10-24-2015, 08:35 AM
I feel like I am in limbo right now. I am currently in the North End and so have to move for next year, but have no idea yet what pricing I will be charged for the different sections. I currently pay $513 per seat which is lower than the people next to me who I think pay around $700 a seat?

That's what North End seats cost?!
Didn't realize it was so much.

nfitz
10-24-2015, 11:16 AM
That's what North End seats cost?!
Didn't realize it was so much.For the last few years, the north end has been priced a bit above medium-grey. Originally they were closer to dark-grey.

I feel like I am in limbo right now. I am currently in the North End and so have to move for next year, but have no idea yet what pricing I will be charged for the different sections. I currently pay $513 per seat which is lower than the people next to me who I think pay around $700 a seat?Last season those who'd held north stand since 2011 or 2012 paid $513; those from 2013 paid $551, those from 2014 and early 2015 paid $703, and those who came very late paid $779.

Medium-grey from 2012 last year paid $475 increased to $532 this season. So you should be able to get a similar priced ticket in medium-grey, or cheaper in black or light-grey. Or not much more expensive in white.

I'd be interested to know what they offer you. My concern is that there just isn't enough cheaper priced seats available except for the upper east stands. Though if you are paying that much now, white in 205 and 209 offer some nice views. As do medium-grey in 206 and 208 - which might just be the best deal these days in those stands.

BritSOL
10-24-2015, 05:05 PM
For the last few years, the north end has been priced a bit above medium-grey. Originally they were closer to dark-grey.

Last season those who'd held north stand since 2011 or 2012 paid $513; those from 2013 paid $551, those from 2014 and early 2015 paid $703, and those who came very late paid $779.

Medium-grey from 2012 last year paid $475 increased to $532 this season. So you should be able to get a similar priced ticket in medium-grey, or cheaper in black or light-grey. Or not much more expensive in white.

I'd be interested to know what they offer you. My concern is that there just isn't enough cheaper priced seats available except for the upper east stands. Though if you are paying that much now, white in 205 and 209 offer some nice views. As do medium-grey in 206 and 208 - which might just be the best deal these days in those stands.

I used to be in 224 near the back just under the broadcast booth, so I have paid a lot more for seats previously, I just would like to be close in my new seats like in I am currently in the north stand (row 12) for a similar price.

When I have my relocation occur, I'll try to remember to post here what pricing I get offered.

nfitz
10-25-2015, 01:40 PM
When I have my relocation occur, I'll try to remember to post here what pricing I get offered.Thanks. I used to have a half-season in back row of 222 under the media booth. Nice view - and dry in the rain. You should be able to get something in 221 or 225 for about what your north stand was - as those in the north get first grabs at relocation, and with seasons that long ago, you should be pretty close to the top of the heap. Assuming they don't mess it up too much.

jvanpeebles
10-25-2015, 01:57 PM
I would not be surprised at all to see light greys go up again (as well as the rest of the stadium). My last year as an SSH was 2011, and I paid $479/ticket that year. Prices will keep increasing until the point where it looks like people are going to start dropping them en masse. Until then, it will be as you see now.

Stuff like this is the reason I stopped believing anything MLSE/TFC says years ago.

Last year after they deleted my account and made me pay full price for my seasons they told me it would all be corrected this year and my ticket price would go down. Surprise surprise another lie from MLSE

Hieberrr
10-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Huh, so my tickets have now become Conference Semis. Let's hope they make it.

Cas87
10-27-2015, 10:16 AM
^^ I think that is because the conference semi's are the only home game we could possibly hold at BMO (at least at this moment).

Remember initially the tickets were just labelled at 'Playoff 1' and 'Playoff 2' as the exact rounds for each one were not known yet.

nfitz
10-27-2015, 10:47 AM
^^ I think that is because the conference semi's are the only home game we could possibly hold at BMO (at least at this moment).

Remember initially the tickets were just labelled at 'Playoff 1' and 'Playoff 2' as the exact rounds for each one were not known yet.Both Conference Semis and Finals are home-and-away these days. So if we win the December 1/8 home and away, we'd then host the first leg of the Conference finals on November 22nd at BMO at 5 pm.

Finishing 12th place out of the 12 teams in the playoffs means we have no chance of hosting MLS Cup this year.

KevinOHH
10-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Has anyone been notified they were selected for the viewing party yet????

If so, what's it all about???

Just curious

kodiakTFC
10-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Has anyone been notified they were selected for the viewing party yet????

If so, what's it all about???

Just curious

End of day Wednesday they will notify.

cementhead
10-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I was sent a email yesterday for viewing party.

flatpicker
10-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Well, I still have a pair of tickets waiting to be renewed.
Not feeling very motivated to hit the purchase button after this playoff experience.
Maybe I'll just keep one, enjoy a roof for a season, and then reassess things after 2016.

leroy
10-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Well, I still have a pair of tickets waiting to be renewed.
Not feeling very motivated to hit the purchase button after this playoff experience.
Maybe I'll just keep one, enjoy a roof for a season, and then reassess things after 2016.

ditto. but why renew even one ticket when scalpers tickets are $20 a game or less? is it for the predictable scarf that comes with the package? remember this year when we didn't even get our package until the season had already started? pathetic. add to that the 40% increase (I'm in light grey), the argos incoming, the incredible incompetence, the fact that giovinco will be gone (if not next season, the season after for sure).

im struggling to find one good reason to renew.

Red CB Toronto
10-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Having had my tonsils out yesterday, I just took some oxy to ease the pain on more than front and hopefully forget tonight. I will still be renewing, I may be stubborn but it is just not my style to abandon teams I follow.

tfcleeds
10-29-2015, 09:51 PM
So, when will my playoff ticket charge be reversed? That's all I care about now.

Joe Kool
10-29-2015, 11:13 PM
So I told the SSH next to me during the last NYRB game "watch us win this game and make the playoffs then we will get our renewal notice with a price increase then we end up just squeaking into the playoffs in 6th place and play away for our first game and get blown out." I was actually just being pessimistic for the hell of it. Who knew that would happen....

I renewed a couple days ago. Always wanted to see the place with a roof. Just kind of sick of TFC blowing majority of the big games they get into. Will decide on the next year when I see what happens with the Argos and our pitch plus whatever increase they may want to add the next year. I will be there next season though.

Ultra & Proud
10-29-2015, 11:19 PM
So, when will my playoff ticket charge be reversed? That's all I care about now.
It should be just as fast as it took them to ask for it after we clinched; the next day.

Sweeper
10-30-2015, 07:02 AM
It should be just as fast as it took them to ask for it after we clinched; the next day.

Will they be paying interest on that money?

stevielarson
10-30-2015, 07:24 AM

I emailed my ticket rep with that exact line. Also commented that all the people there should have a lot of time to process the reversals since no one will be wanting to buy new seasons after that display. I am feeling bitter this morning.

Primavera
10-30-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: Playoff ticket $$$ refunds

Here's what I got from my ticket rep (Will):

> Hi Peter,
>
> I hope all is well.
>
> An email will be going out to season ticket holders shortly asking if
> you would like the credit applied towards your season tickets or
> refunded to your cc. If you choose the cc option you can plan to see
> the credit back on your card next week.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Will

Wagner
10-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Thanks Primavera

Lennon
10-30-2015, 11:04 AM
There is no good reason for 90% of the people to renew.

Unless you're seasons come to $10/game renewing is like spending 7 (?) million for Altidore.

nfitz
10-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Well, one reason to renew is that if you try and buy back in later, you are paying a lot more. We don't know all the pricing but those paying $28 a game in medium-gray for a seat, will be paying $42 if they change their mind come April. Even those paying $17 in light grey will be looking at over $21 (which is what new seasons were). And for those paying $11.50 ... or heck even $18 in the south, it's pretty much a no brainier, if you are attending most games.

Though very bitter after a 9th failed season in a row.

KevinOHH
10-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Having had my tonsils out yesterday, I just took some oxy to ease the pain on more than front and hopefully forget tonight. I will still be renewing, I may be stubborn but it is just not my style to abandon teams I follow.

I couldn't have said it better myself when it comes to renewing my seasons.

nfitz
10-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Perhaps if everyone's renewals came with free oxy to take away the pain.

jazzy
10-30-2015, 05:26 PM

Costco has amazing real fruit Popsicles covered in dark chocolate . Hmmm

Red CB Toronto
10-30-2015, 05:36 PM
Costco has amazing real fruit Popsicles covered in dark chocolate . Hmmm

Sounds great, will have to check out for sure !!

nascarguy
10-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Well, one reason to renew is that if you try and buy back in later, you are paying a lot more. We don't know all the pricing but those paying $28 a game in medium-gray for a seat, will be paying $42 if they change their mind come April. Even those paying $17 in light grey will be looking at over $21 (which is what new seasons were). And for those paying $11.50 ... or heck even $18 in the south, it's pretty much a no brainier, if you are attending most games.

Though very bitter after a 9th failed season in a row.I'm renewing my seasons up in till mlse plays dumb again and puts the price up again just like they did before 5years ago! last time they put the price up to high I canceled my season ticket for 2year for them to get me to back

nascarguy
10-30-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Playoff ticket $$$ refunds

Here's what I got from my ticket rep (Will):

> Hi Peter,
>
> I hope all is well.
>
> An email will be going out to season ticket holders shortly asking if
> you would like the credit applied towards your season tickets or
> refunded to your cc. If you choose the cc option you can plan to see
> the credit back on your card next week.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Will
oh I just email a tfc to ask about this

jvanpeebles
10-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Another failed season. I see a lot of people talk about how this was a success. We played .500 soccer lost our first and only playoff game and if it was last year we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. For that we get a drastic raise in ticket prices. This is just like the Leafs as they know it doesn't matter and people will continue to purchase season tickets

Fort York Redcoat
10-31-2015, 06:31 AM
Another failed season. I see a lot of people talk about how this was a success. We played .500 soccer lost our first and only playoff game and if it was last year we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. For that we get a drastic raise in ticket prices. This is just like the Leafs as they know it doesn't matter and people will continue to purchase season tickets

It was different. It was better. It depends how you measure success. Leafs comparisons are lazy.

Qman
10-31-2015, 03:14 PM

you can still be a fan if you watch on TV.

for me, i'm going to pay for games I want (in way cheaper section) or get freebies, then walk down to 107 to my regular seats because my usual section is never full.

Red CB Toronto
10-31-2015, 04:06 PM
It was different. It was better. It depends how you measure success. Leafs comparisons are lazy.

I had some really memorable moments traveling on the road to support the Reds, Seba scoring a hat trick at Yankee Stadium in a crazy 4-4 draw. Also was in the building to witness Seba's game winning goal at Philly in a 1-0 victory. At the end f the day the season ended in disappointment but it will not dampen my support for the lads heading into 2016.

jvanpeebles
10-31-2015, 10:16 PM

How is it lazy? The team under performed. They spent a ton of money attempting to improve. I appreciate that and expected nothing less. But the Leaf's comment was because they have such little respect for the fans and such short term memory. Without a rule change this year they wouldn't have even make the playoffs. Yet they raise ticket prices and continue with a two tiered pricing system that treats older supporters better than new ones. They do this because they know we will buy their product regardless and as such they don't feel the need to hold the line on ticket prices. Hence the comparison

OgtheDim
11-01-2015, 08:25 AM
The goal for this season was getting in this season's version of the playoffs, not getting in last season's version.

2016 will have a different specific target - home playoff game and at least the conference semi's.

Auzzy
11-01-2015, 08:41 AM
The goal for this season was getting in this season's version of the playoffs, not getting in last season's version.

2016 will have a different specific target - home playoff game and at least the conference semi's.

TFC themselves said numerous times over the last few months that making the playoffs was not enough. I'll take their word for it.

Fort York Redcoat
11-01-2015, 09:49 AM

TFC themselves said numerous times over the last few months that making the playoffs was not enough. I'll take their word for it.

Absolutely. You can find all over the board that people's expectations were different than the FO's taglines but we can at least acknowledge they achieved their goal of playoffs they made last year. THEN we can note that the team this year wanted more, and most of us measured a true success to be a pussplop run that better reflected their DP spending.

SmokedPanda
11-01-2015, 09:56 AM
I think we as sports fans of this city must start to raise our standards when it comes to supporting our teams. I've come to a point where I truly believe anything less than a final four appearance for any Toronto team is unacceptable.

Every Toronto team has a large payroll, world class facilities, coaches, shrinks, the finest medical staff and so on but they continuously fail to deliver on the playing surface. Raptors haven't advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs since the 2001 season. Leafs haven't made the playoffs in a 82 game season since 2004 and TFC still haven't hosted a home playoff game after 9 years of existence. You can't possibly give these guys a pat on the back for making the playoffs and imploding.

Imagine if the Jays lost in the ALDS to Texas in 3 games and didn't make it to the ALCS after 22 years of meaningless baseball, we would be the laughing stock of baseball and every dick bag out there who hates Toronto would be trolling us as fans right now but they made it to the final four and that's acceptable in my eyes so they eased off.

As for season tickets I think MLSE will readjust the pricing after all the demands of TFC playoff tickets and season ticket deposit refunds being processed since Friday morning. They need to learn that they can't gauge us with a shit product anymore and I think we as soccer fans have a more constructive way of voicing our displeasures and hurting them in the pockets. Just a few seasons ago they we're selling tfc tickets on groupon and this was when BMO Field seated only 20,000, that was when we started the backlash of not renewing season tickets because they raised the prices and people started to stop giving a shit about shit.

ensco
11-01-2015, 10:06 AM

Whoever "they" are that had that for a goal, that's not much of a goal.

My goal for this season was to have a good team, and see some good football.

We saw good football in maybe 10 of the 34 games. (By comparison, it was more like 25 for Vancouver). Without Gio, that number would have been damn close to zero.

Left me pretty disappointed.

Fort York Redcoat
11-01-2015, 10:07 AM
How is it lazy? The team under performed. They spent a ton of money attempting to improve. I appreciate that and expected nothing less. But the Leaf's comment was because they have such little respect for the fans and such short term memory. Without a rule change this year they wouldn't have even make the playoffs. Yet they raise ticket prices and continue with a two tiered pricing system that treats older supporters better than new ones. They do this because they know we will buy their product regardless and as such they don't feel the need to hold the line on ticket prices. Hence the comparison

Specifically to the Leafs. That disappointment is entirely different and most people here know it.

Further comparisons just belittle the the very real differences between the sports.

-The tickets went down to first year pricing. Was this years results better than first year?
-Again with the loyalty complaints? Of course they have to reward people for loyalty. It rewards those they don't give up their tickets as soon as the team struggles and come back when they feel like it.

Tell me more comparisons on Leaf tickets. Did they go back comparitive first year pricing when they struggled? That would be an incredible comparison and value.

The differences between the 2 teams are pretty numerous. Enough that I try not to use them or other sport teams as an exact comparison.

Respect for the fans goes beyond pricing. The team met with support season after season, trying to co-operate and co-ordinate. What did the Leafs do with their support in comparison?

I realize and acknowledge the 2 sports have very different expectations.

Fort York Redcoat
11-01-2015, 10:14 AM
I think we as sports fans of this city must start to raise our standards when it comes to supporting our teams. I've come to a point where I truly believe anything less than a final four appearance for any Toronto team is unacceptable.

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong but it's hardly the first comment on how this city's sports fan is too patient or accepting. The next most common statement is the comparison to the city you reside in, Montreal.

SmokedPanda
11-01-2015, 10:22 AM
The next most common statement is the comparison to the city you reside in, Montreal.

I never updated my info but I moved back to Toronto 3 years ago and I bought seasons off of someone for the past 3 years and I might not be able to buy them for the 2016 season since his work schedule may clear up. I'm sure I can call up ML$E and buy the cheapest seats possible for the year but it's undignified to do so.

I applaud all of you who have been here since day 1 while I was supporting from another city but damn it after 3 years of pain and misery live I have to pay the mark up for the same shit. I'm hoping I find those groupon deals in my inbox next spring or lowball people on craigslist and stubhub for 1/4 of the price on game day.

Pookie
11-01-2015, 02:05 PM
The decision to buy seasons should always be based on the value you get for that purchase.

To to equate it to winning or performance is dangerous IMO. It gives them a license to raise it as much as they can if they start winning. Pay less when we lose. Pay more when we win. That can only lead to resentment on the part of those that invested in them when they were bad.

Season tickets are about value. For me, it was economic. Buying tickets in bulk for a discount. Ok, interested. Can I go to all the games? No, too much going on with kids' sports. Ok, can I get my money back (through resell) for the games that I miss? Nope. Couldn't give them away. And you are expanding supply? No hope in hell of selling my tickets.

Better choice would simply be to pay for the games I can get to. Probably at a discount.

Done.

For others, maybe the economic value is there. Maybe it's a social benefit, eg same section as friends. Maybe something else.

I would just encourage fans to keep winning, "sending a message" out of it. Focus on the value not the results.

jloome
11-01-2015, 02:26 PM
The decision to buy seasons should always be based on the value you get for that purchase.

To to equate it to winning or performance is dangerous IMO. It gives them a license to raise it as much as they can if they start winning. Pay less when we lose. Pay more when we win. That can only lead to resentment on the part of those that invested in them when they were bad.

Season tickets are about value. For me, it was economic. Buying tickets in bulk for a discount. Ok, interested. Can I go to all the games? No, too much going on with kids' sports. Ok, can I get my money back (through resell) for the games that I miss? Nope. Couldn't give them away. And you are expanding supply? No hope in hell of selling my tickets.

Better choice would simply be to pay for the games I can get to. Probably at a discount.

Done.

For others, maybe the economic value is there. Maybe it's a social benefit, eg same section as friends. Maybe something else.

I would just encourage fans to keep winning, "sending a message" out of it. Focus on the value not the results.

Buying season tickets is like buying a rental apartment in the south of france. So maybe you can sink $150K for a two-bedroom near the Mediterranean, and that seems like a great deal because of the location, the chance to rent to others, the weather...

But the rental market is flooded; you'll never get back close to your mortgage payments. And air travel there is incovenient, turning it into a "once every three or four years" trip.

Suddenly, hotel rooms make a lot more sense.

Red CB Toronto
11-01-2015, 02:42 PM
To me when it comes to season tickets, its simple, you either want them or you don't. No point in over thinking it, if you enjoy it go, otherwise don't. It's all a personal decision only you can make.

Fort York Redcoat
11-01-2015, 03:57 PM
I never updated my info but I moved back to Toronto 3 years ago and I bought seasons off of someone for the past 3 years and I might not be able to buy them for the 2016 season since his work schedule may clear up. I'm sure I can call up ML$E and buy the cheapest seats possible for the year but it's undignified to do so.

I applaud all of you who have been here since day 1 while I was supporting from another city but damn it after 3 years of pain and misery live I have to pay the mark up for the same shit. I'm hoping I find those groupon deals in my inbox next spring or lowball people on craigslist and stubhub for 1/4 of the price on game day.

I understand where you're coming from but it doesn't change how most look at the sports fans of the 2 cities.

PS- As for updates I sure hope you've been to some Toronto Sushi bars in the past 3 years! (getting hungry now)

I guess the av is closer to 75 metres bastards now g:D (jokes)

Red CB Toronto
11-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I understand where you're coming from but it doesn't change how most look at the sports fans of the 2 cities.

PS- As for updates I sure hope you've been to some Toronto Sushi bars in the past 3 years! (getting hungry now)

I guess the av is closer to 75 metres bastards now g:D (jokes)

And yes I love going for great Sushi in Toronto !!

Pookie
11-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Buying season tickets is like buying a rental apartment in the south of france. So maybe you can sink $150K for a two-bedroom near the Mediterranean, and that seems like a great deal because of the location, the chance to rent to others, the weather...

But the rental market is flooded; you'll never get back close to your mortgage payments. And air travel there is incovenient, turning it into a "once every three or four years" trip.

I've got to take a writing course from you. Great analogy in 5 sentences.

Oldtimer
11-02-2015, 10:00 AM
So has anyone heard anything about how TFC will handle the refund for our playoff tickets?

Discostu81
11-02-2015, 10:04 AM
So has anyone heard anything about how TFC will handle the refund for our playoff tickets?

I was under the impression that unless you request a refund from your rep, the cost of play-off tickets will be applied to your season ticket for next year.

C.Ronaldo
11-02-2015, 10:08 AM

sooooooo, its like marriage?

Pint
11-02-2015, 10:18 AM
The issue with that scenario is you completely missed the entire point of a buying a rental property.

Have others pay for your mortgage while you see the value increase. So their is a conversation about ROI needed here even if you have to shell out for some of the mortgage payments.

nfitz
11-02-2015, 11:42 AM
I was under the impression that unless you request a refund from your rep, the cost of play-off tickets will be applied to your season ticket for next year.And yet I just went into Account Manager, and I have the choice of paying the full prices of season tickets by Friday, with no option to subtract the $120 I've already been billed.

Initially I was waiting to pay my seasons until the 27th, as that's my VISA billing date, and that way I could delay the cost until a quieter bill. Now I'm waiting for that refund to go to my card, or reduce my invoice. But only 4 days to go ...

MartinUtd
11-02-2015, 11:44 AM
The issue with that scenario is you completely missed the entire point of a buying a rental property.

Have others pay for your mortgage while you see the value increase. So their is a conversation about ROI needed here even if you have to shell out for some of the mortgage payments.

I purchased my real estate in back in 2007 when it was cheap and easy to rent out rooms, especially the LA room which recouped 40% of the cost. Unfortunately the variable rate went up year after year and the rental market plunged. By 2012 I cut my loses and went back to the hotels.

Red4ever
11-02-2015, 01:04 PM
And yet I just went into Account Manager, and I have the choice of paying the full prices of season tickets by Friday, with no option to subtract the $120 I've already been billed.

Initially I was waiting to pay my seasons until the 27th, as that's my VISA billing date, and that way I could delay the cost until a quieter bill. Now I'm waiting for that refund to go to my card, or reduce my invoice. But only 4 days to go ...

Just phoned the office to ask, they said they'd be sending out an email to give options. I asked when he said "I don't know personally, probably this week or next"

Petor
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Just phoned the office to ask, they said they'd be sending out an email to give options. I asked when he said "I don't know personally, probably this week or next"

Next week is too late.

Red4ever
11-02-2015, 01:36 PM
It should have been emailed out or refunded Friday morning.

Red CB Toronto
11-02-2015, 01:43 PM
I got a refund notice for the playoff game I bought off ticket master two days after the loss in Montreal when they game was cancelled and removed from their system. I did not buy my season seats for the playoffs as I was not sure what the dates were at the time and I was having my tonsils out last week so there was a chance I could not go anyways.

Petor
11-02-2015, 02:05 PM
It should have been emailed out or refunded Friday morning.

Not me, still waiting for an email from TFC.

nfitz
11-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Just phoned the office to ask, they said they'd be sending out an email to give options. I asked when he said "I don't know personally, probably this week or next"If renewals are due on Friday, then giving options next week makes no sense.

andyc
11-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I got the following response from my ticket rep this morning...

" The refund will be happening in the next 48 hours. You will receive an email with your refund options likely this afternoon. "

Not heard anything as yet...

Red CB Toronto
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
no one needs to worry, you will be getting a refund, no need to loose any sleep over it.

bgnewf
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
called the club. was told that they will be emailing us this week with the option of either crediting to our account or getting a full refund. all we have to do is to respond to email either way.

Rochdale
11-03-2015, 05:56 PM
called the club. was told that they will be emailing us this week with the option of either crediting to our account or getting a full refund. all we have to do is to respond to email either way.
Still waiting on the e-mail.

Pinkie
11-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Still waiting on the e-mail.

Something tells me that they're going to wait until after renewals deadline - I don't know why.

I plan on asking for a refund even though I plan on renewing, because I don't want to give TFC a cent over the minimum installment payment I have to make.

Carter
11-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Something tells me that they're going to wait until after renewals deadline - I don't know why.

I plan on asking for a refund even though I plan on renewing, because I don't want to give TFC a cent over the minimum installment payment I have to make.

Depending on where your seats are located, it could be few dollars less then the minimum payment required.

My seat renewal was 190, my cost on seats for playoffs was 180...

nfitz
11-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Finally received email about tickest for SSH:

As a result of Toronto FC not hosting a Playoff match, your Playoff tickets for home matches 1 & 2 will be refunded back to you in the same manner in which they were paid for. Credit card refunds will be processed within 3-4 weeks. Cheques will be delivered in 6-8 weeks.
If you would like to transfer your money spent on Playoff tickets towards your 2016 Season Seat renewals, please e-mail us here service@torontofc.ca or call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625) before our Friday, November 6th deadline.

If you have paid for your 2016 Season Seats in full, no action is required on your end and a full refund will be processed.

I'd get nervous trying to apply the credit towards 2016 - in a completely manual process, too easy for someone to screw up.

3-4 weeks for a refund? That's 4-5 weeks after they knew the games were cancelled. Not acceptable. They must be sitting on over a million dollars of payments. That's a month's extra interest on a million dollars in their bank accounts. Meanwhile my VISA payment is due in 2 weeks, and if they don't credit before that, I have to pay more $$$ to VISA.

Pinkie
11-04-2015, 04:26 PM

As a result of Toronto FC not hosting a Playoff match, your Playoff tickets for home matches 1 & 2 will be refunded back to you in the same manner in which they were paid for. Credit card refunds will be processed within 3-4 weeks. Cheques will be delivered in 6-8 weeks.
If you would like to transfer your money spent on Playoff tickets towards your 2016 Season Seat renewals, please e-mail us here service@torontofc.ca or call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625) before our Friday, November 6th deadline.

If you have paid for your 2016 Season Seats in full, no action is required on your end and a full refund will be processed.

I'd get nervous trying to apply the credit towards 2016 - in a completely manual process, too easy for someone to screw up.

3-4 weeks for a refund? That's 4-5 weeks after they knew the games were cancelled. Not acceptable. They must be sitting on over a million dollars of payments. That's a month's extra interest on a million dollars in their bank accounts. Meanwhile my VISA payment is due in 2 weeks, and if they don't credit before that, I have to pay more $$$ to VISA.

That refund period grinds my gears because that is an insanely long time.

KevinOHH
11-04-2015, 04:45 PM

Took them 2-3 days to process my Visa but 3-4 weeks to refund.......hahahahaha :deadhorse:
All I can really do is laugh right now....

Ultra & Proud
11-04-2015, 05:46 PM
This reminds me of my old boss. He used to withhold our pay sometimes for a week or so and say he was too busy to write cheques. Sometimes he held it for a couple weeks and then I would freak out. His response was that him collecting interest on that money in his account was better than me wasting it in mine. I feel that the sentiment is similar in this case.

Brooker
11-04-2015, 05:48 PM
This reminds me of my old boss. He used to withhold our pay sometimes for a week or so and say he was too busy to write cheques. Sometimes he held it for a couple weeks and then I would freak out. His response was that him collecting interest on that money in his account was better than me wasting it in mine. I feel that the sentiment is similar in this case.

Did you end up doing any time for strangling him to death?

moralis
11-04-2015, 06:42 PM
TFC draws fire for speed of playoff ticket refundshttp://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-draws-fire-for-speed-of-playoff-ticket-refunds/

ensco
11-04-2015, 06:46 PM
^I love how the focus of the MLSE response is on the communication ....

nascarguy
11-04-2015, 07:23 PM
did anyone get a letter in the mail today from Toronto fc

Pint
11-04-2015, 07:57 PM
did anyone get a letter in the mail today from Toronto fc

Ya was strange, it was a letter then an account summary with options to pay. I ALREADY PAID!!!

Ultra & Proud
11-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Ya was strange, it was a letter then an account summary with options to pay. I ALREADY PAID!!!

I get that stupid crap every year after I paid. That whole ticketing office is a joke. The management should be fired because it's awful. If any real big business was run so haphazardly or with so little PR tact it'd be torn up and shat out by the public. They're fortunate that a lot of us love the team and will put up with their shit to go to matches and that the rest are just suckers for punishment (or both).

The team and league improved a lot since 2007 but our ticketing office is as bad or worse than ever.

Rochdale
11-04-2015, 09:22 PM
The way MLSE have treated fans since day 1 is beyond belief, but each year l continue to renew my season tickets. I love to know if MLSE treat their employees like they treat their fans.

Super
11-04-2015, 10:05 PM
I'll say this: I'm happy with the money they're shelling out for DP's. Honestly, it makes all the difference for me. Giovinco was such a joy for me this year that I really don't have an issue with renewing. I would have anyway - just because I need (even when they were shit) to watch live football. My point is that at least they are spending. A LOT! Most of any team in the league. So at least I give them that. But yeah, they should definitely not be worse than the Blue Jays in doing these refunds. Similar. If they can do it, so can we.

Discostu81
11-04-2015, 11:11 PM
The way MLSE have treated fans since day 1 is beyond belief, but each year l continue to renew my season tickets. I love to know if MLSE treat their employees like they treat their fans.

I've worked for them for over 4 years and have no complaints.

tfcleeds
11-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Already received my refund, but then again I'm not a SSH and so didn't book through account manager? That is BS that some people will have to wait 3-4 weeks.

BritSOL
11-05-2015, 08:27 PM
With losing my seats in the North end, I am wondering when I will get a chance for seat relocation. Will it be online or like previous years where we were able to go to the stadium and physically see what was available?

andyc
11-05-2015, 11:01 PM
With losing my seats in the North end, I am wondering when I will get a chance for seat relocation. Will it be online or like previous years where we were able to go to the stadium and physically see what was available?

I asked that question - apparently it will be near the end of the month which probably means December based on previous history. The default will be online but if you really want to they will let you go to the stadium but by then I'm sure any decent seats will be taken.

Also on the refund front my ticket rep tells me that they won't start processing refund until next week as they have to wait for the deadline to apply these funds to ssh renewal on Friday. So me telling her I want a refund 7 days ago doesn't count for anything... They apparently have 8000 accounts to process refunds on manually which if you do the math of 8000 * 2 tickets per account (conservative) * 2 games * $50 average per ticket = $1.6m... Not a small sum of money to be sitting on.

Nuvinho
11-09-2015, 09:07 PM
The past 2 years for me I have had a horrible experience with MLSE customer service. As a STH from day 1, I am so close to close to calling it quits after 9 years after such a bad experience, and it hasn't ended yet.

I called a few times over the past few weeks to renew my seats, and to remove 2 out of the 8 I have. The new account rep I have, kept on saying he was busy, and my account was complicated and he'd get back to me. He assured me by phone that even if I renew after November 6th, I would still get the preferred pricing. I called last week to see if he could roll over my playoff refund into the payment plan, and he said he couldn't do it yet.

Today I emailed him, and he said he'll get it done. He processed the renewal supposedly, but it charged my credit card which put my credit card in overdraft. My playoff tickets refund more than would of covered my first installment, with some leftover for the second payment. I still am in limbo to what is going on, as my credit card is showing a pending payment, but I don't see any renewal in my account manager. This is very frustrating for me, and I am close to telling them I don't want my 6 seats anymore - they would be losing a $2,500 a year customer. Does anyone have a contact email of someone at head office that can help. I have a feeling my account rep has no clue what they are doing.

Rochdale
11-11-2015, 07:49 AM
The past 2 years for me I have had a horrible experience with MLSE customer service. As a STH from day 1, I am so close to close to calling it quits after 9 years after such a bad experience, and it hasn't ended yet.

I called a few times over the past few weeks to renew my seats, and to remove 2 out of the 8 I have. The new account rep I have, kept on saying he was busy, and my account was complicated and he'd get back to me. He assured me by phone that even if I renew after November 6th, I would still get the preferred pricing. I called last week to see if he could roll over my playoff refund into the payment plan, and he said he couldn't do it yet.

Today I emailed him, and he said he'll get it done. He processed the renewal supposedly, but it charged my credit card which put my credit card in overdraft. My playoff tickets refund more than would of covered my first installment, with some leftover for the second payment. I still am in limbo to what is going on, as my credit card is showing a pending payment, but I don't see any renewal in my account manager. This is very frustrating for me, and I am close to telling them I don't want my 6 seats anymore - they would be losing a $2,500 a year customer. Does anyone have a contact email of someone at head office that can help. I have a feeling my account rep has no clue what they are doing. Call 416-360-GOAL (4625) and just hope your rep is not the one that picks up the phone.

Auzzy
11-11-2015, 12:17 PM
I just wanted to mention, I didn't get any pressure to renew my light grey season seats. A small number of emails (max 2 or 3 over the whole renewal period), the physical letter that came quite late, that's it. No phone call or anything.

As I expected, they likely don't care if light grey season ticket holders don't renew. They figure they can resell those seats for more, at the new SSH price. They are likely right; but that way they also cannibalize sales of the more expensive seats.

Or maybe they're happy to open up some cheap seats for the displaced North Enders... I have a hard time imagining that they will ever fill up the new east stands, but the closed North End also helps with that I suppose.

OgtheDim
11-11-2015, 12:24 PM
I got the physical letter late too, and I'm in medium grey. Somebody messed up there.

Red CB Toronto
11-11-2015, 12:55 PM
I received the letter a day before the deadline, I renewed online on deadline day.

GabrielHurl
11-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Just contrast this to the Blue Jays - where I was refunded my outstanding playoff tickets to the World Series back to my credit card less than 2 days after I requested it.

Auzzy
11-11-2015, 01:55 PM
I got the physical letter late too, and I'm in medium grey. Somebody messed up there.

No phone calls either, or excessive email reminders? I remember in previous seasons they often made a big deal about the renewal deadline, with Aron Winter & many other TFC management folks over the years even calling people to renew.

I wonder what renewals will be like overall...

nfitz
11-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I haven't even got the letter yet (renewed day before deadline).

I've heard they significantly downsized the whole marketing side at TFC since last year, so presumably they are capable of a lot less.

KevinOHH
11-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Refund finally came in this morning for the playoff tickets g:D

FRANKIE65
11-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Refund finally came in this morning for the playoff tickets g:D

Yup, got mine too. Considered applying it to my seasons for all of five minutes, then, thought screw them. Why give them the extra money early?!

boozilla
11-15-2015, 03:01 AM
No refund yet. Maybe we could havehttp://s18.postimg.org/45cd1jbxx/sad.png a paper bag icon.

rowjimi
11-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Received mine Friday.

Pookie
11-15-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm not a season ticket holder anymore but since MLSE employees seem to be taking the brunt of this and MLSE managers may read… ? …. I felt that I should say that my experience with my ticket rep or game day staff for group events (ie. player escorts, ball kids, etc) was always positive.

We opted out as the economics didn't make any sense. Buying tickets in bulk to games we couldn't get to and couldn't resell, seemed like a waste of money. The expansion for the Leafs/Argos has left a massive amount of secondary tickets available and we can pick and choose games on our terms. I recommended they look at a ticket exchange model like LA has… where you trade in tickets for games you can't go to for extra tickets for games you can. But no, not an option apparently.

I was also at odds with the ideas that were being thrown about at the time…from Personal Seat Licenses to Fans sharing seats based on affordability like they do with the Leafs. That whole supply and demand thing.

This was costing me money and I wasn't in agreement with the direction of the pricing model.

So, the decision was easy. But I never had an issue with a ticket rep. I found them very responsive. The game day staff were incredibly professional and the kids we took down have memories to last a lifetime. I even wrote that to their bosses so as to highlight that the reasons we were done had nothing to do with the hard working, front line staff.

Maybe that's changed in the years we've been off the scarf list, can't speak for you. But from my perspective, no issues at all.

Cuppy
11-15-2015, 01:46 PM
For those of you whom received refunds in the past few days did you also receive a confirmation email? I'm still pending a refund

Pint
11-15-2015, 02:00 PM
It doesn't appear i got a confirmation email but i did get the refund late last week.

Wagner
11-15-2015, 02:16 PM
My Visa was refunded Nov 10.

leafsman
11-15-2015, 02:28 PM
I got my refund on the 10th as well but no email to say it was processed

kwhisperer
11-16-2015, 10:26 AM
I also got the refund with no confirmation email.

Petor
11-16-2015, 01:58 PM
I got my refund on Nov. 12th with no confirmation email.

mook-life
11-16-2015, 02:57 PM
same got refund and no confirmation

Pinkie
11-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Because of this thread, I checked my account and saw a refund on November 13. No email.

Primavera
11-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Because of this thread, I checked my account and saw a refund on November 13. No email.

Me too.

C.Ronaldo
11-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Me too.

so the system works LOL

MLSE relying on supporters once again

Cuppy
11-17-2015, 07:08 PM
I will be reaching out to a Rep on Wednesday as I've yet to receive a refund

MightyDM
11-17-2015, 07:58 PM
I will be reaching out to a Rep on Wednesday as I've yet to receive a refund

I would. I bought two sets of tickets at different times on different credit cards, and they have both been refunded. One set my seasons one set additional. No email notice.

nfitz
11-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Still no sign of mine.

Cuppy
11-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Received a reply from FO stating that they had issues with Ticket master and that refunds for those pending should be back in our pockets by weeks end

nfitz
11-19-2015, 03:32 PM
That's it. Blame someone else for their own incompetence. Sounds like the post-game press-conference.

Joe Kool
11-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Received a reply from FO stating that they had issues with Ticket master and that refunds for those pending should be back in our pockets by weeks end

Next renewal payment I am going to tell them I have problems with VISA and they will get their money in 4-6 weeks. Funny how it would never be acceptable the other way around.

Just like the specialist doctors, $80 charge for a missed appointment without 48 hrs notice but they can cancel 5 minutes before your appointment after you take a partial day off work and spend time and money getting there. Should work both ways....they should pay me $80 in those cases.

That is what happens when the attitude is you need them they don't need you.

Auzzy
11-19-2015, 10:52 PM
I received the credit for the playoff games on my CIBC Visa, on Nov. 10th.

I also received a call yesterday from MLSE, about not renewing my seasons (light grey). I didn't have time, and really didn't want to hear what they had to say. Maybe I'll pick up the next time they call. I doubt it though, I've heard all their sorry-ass reasoning.

Fort York Redcoat
11-20-2015, 08:31 AM
I also received a call yesterday from MLSE, about not renewing my seasons (light grey). I didn't have time, and really didn't want to hear what they had to say. Maybe I'll pick up the next time they call. I doubt it though, I've heard all their sorry-ass reasoning.

Got mine on Wed. They asked why and I said I'm really disappointed the Argos were coming. She said oh so your not renewing for next year?(again) Nope. Ok. Thanks. Bye.

That's it.

So be it. She couldn't have told me anything more than we know in here at this point. C'est la vie.

Pint
11-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Got mine on Wed. They asked why and I said I'm really disappointed the Argos were coming. She said oh so your not renewing for next year?(again) Nope. Ok. Thanks. Bye.

That's it.

So be it. She couldn't have told me anything more than we know in here at this point. C'est la vie.

No renewal from you? Just singles for you next year?

German21
11-20-2015, 09:35 AM

That's it.

Very disappointed by this news.

Fort York Redcoat
11-20-2015, 10:12 AM
No renewal from you? Just singles for you next year?

Yeah. Singles. Any more info we can PM about it.

Petor
11-20-2015, 10:23 AM

That's it.

She(don't know if it's the same person) called me as well but I didn't bother answering and it went to voice mail.
I haven't and probably won't call her back.

dal524
11-20-2015, 10:43 AM
i renewed this year after much debating. wanted to see if there is anyone on here that is willing to split the season with me (about 9 games?). my 2 seats side by side are in 117 towards the top. dont want to go through the hassle of trying to sell tickets to games i cant go to next year, which is a fair amount. let me know if interested. have been an ssh since season 2.

Super
11-20-2015, 10:49 AM
As much as I'm disappointed by the coaching (Vanney) and the coming of the Argos, I still renewed. Honestly, Giovinco was so good that he alone is worth the price of admission. The rest: not so much. But I'm definitely going to be there next year to see what Giovinco may be able to do in his second year. Hopefully the rest of the team will up their game. Stadium will look strange with the North end down, so I'm not really looking forward to that. Also, I don't think the roof above the south end will do much to keep in the sound, so I'm less excited about that as well. The pitch will likely not look as good with potential gridiron lines on there, so that's a minus as well.

So yeah, renewing for Giovinco. One man wrecking machine. So good, in fact, that we will probably make the play-offs again on his back alone. Imagine how good we could be with better leadership when everyone except ONE guy are under performing. Imagine if the team played better, smarter. We could be contenders.

BritSOL
12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
I contacted my ticket rep this week to ask about what was happening with having to be relocated from the north end, and was told that it would be online only and all north end SSH would have priority likely starting in January.

Klinsmann
12-03-2015, 08:03 AM
I got my refund on Nov 11th.

FRANKIE65
12-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Anyone else, that renewed, unable to find their payment plan invoices on account manager? Mine were there until last week. Pretty sure the next payment is due a week from today.

KevinOHH
12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Same problem I'm having. I haven't seen my invoices for the past 3 weeks or so.

I contacted my rep and this was the answer I was given.................."The statements just came down to process all renewals and final statements and numbers. It will be back up shortly showing your invoicing, if you have any questions in the meantime please let me know"

That was from Mid November.

ou8jonesy
12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Anyone else, that renewed, unable to find their payment plan invoices on account manager? Mine were there until last week. Pretty sure the next payment is due a week from today.

Mine disappeared a couple weeks back. Told my rep and she told me she would info the tech people. Nice to see it hasn't been resolved. She also sent me a copy of my payments to date.

FRANKIE65
12-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Same problem I'm having. I haven't seen my invoices for the past 3 weeks or so.

I contacted my rep and this was the answer I was given.................."The statements just came down to process all renewals and final statements and numbers. It will be back up shortly showing your invoicing, if you have any questions in the meantime please let me know"

That was from Mid November.

Mine disappeared a couple weeks back. Told my rep and she told me she would info the tech people. Nice to see it hasn't been resolved. She also sent me a copy of my payments to date.

Just had an email from a rep. Said not to worry as my plan is set up for automatic payment. Still seems strange that they aren't showing up on account manager.

magmadragon
12-12-2015, 02:03 PM
The invoice is visible again.

Captain
01-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Has there been any word on when the season seat re-location event will take place. I really wasn't happy with where my seats were last year and want to move them.

BritSOL
01-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Has there been any word on when the season seat re-location event will take place. I really wasn't happy with where my seats were last year and want to move them.

I am still waiting to hear about my relocation from the north end.

Pint
01-07-2016, 11:02 AM
I would imagine that everything with be wrapped up by the middle of Feb. They have a few rounds of relocation to get through this year.

Phil
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Expect revocations in January and early Feb, then the supporters sections in Feb as well.

molenshtain
01-08-2016, 12:38 PM
any word on how season ticket sales are going? or how many they're expecting/hoping for?

nfitz
01-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Expect revocations in January and early Feb, then the supporters sections in Feb as well.Freudian slip?

Captain
03-02-2016, 09:33 AM
So yesterday I received a call from someone down in the states (he was either named Washington or was located in Washington). He said that head office was helping Toronto out with phone calls. He asked how my experience attending games has been and what they could do to get me out to more games. I told him I was a season ticket holder and really couldn't get out to more games than that! He apologized saying he wasn't sure how I ended up on his list.
So is this typical? Did anyone else get a call? Are ticket sales down? Why would MLS head office be making calls for Toronto when TFC's season ticket numbers are so much higher than teams like NE, Chicago, Colarado and DC?

Fort York Redcoat
03-02-2016, 09:37 AM
So yesterday I received a call from someone down in the states (he was either named Washington or was located in Washington). He said that head office was helping Toronto out with phone calls. He asked how my experience attending games has been and what they could do to get me out to more games. I told him I was a season ticket holder and really couldn't get out to more games than that! He apologized saying he wasn't sure how I ended up on his list.
So is this typical? Did anyone else get a call? Are ticket sales down? Why would MLS head office be making calls for Toronto when TFC's season ticket numbers are so much higher than teams like NE, Chicago, Colarado and DC?

Bizarre. Never heard of it.

Pint
03-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Could be they are outsourcing some market research but not sure why they couldn't use a local company or MLS is conducting a review of each teams game day experience and was just given a list by the team.

Areathrasher
03-02-2016, 09:55 AM
MLS have a centralized Ticket Sales/Support office in Minnesota, that could have been it.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/nationalsalescenter

nfitz
03-02-2016, 10:04 AM
TFC has already confirmed that some fans are getting calls from Minnesota officially. Not sure about Washington.

Captain
03-02-2016, 10:13 AM
TFC has already confirmed that some fans are getting calls from Minnesota officially. Not sure about Washington.

I actually think the guys name was Washington. I didn't pay close attention.

TFC Tifoso
03-02-2016, 10:26 AM

I received the same call a couple of weeks ago.....also from a Minnesota number.....did a quick search of the number and sees as though its an MLS thing.....results were coming up from people receiving calls as well from Whitecaps reps, etc.......

Asked me the same question and I gave him the same answer.....didn't catch his name though......

Captain
03-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Has anyone received an e-mail about buying single game tickets ahead of the general population? I would like to buy a couple extra tickets for the home opener. I saw that tickets go on sale to the general population on Thursday. Am I missing something?

OgtheDim
03-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Has anyone received an e-mail about buying single game tickets ahead of the general population? I would like to buy a couple extra tickets for the home opener. I saw that tickets go on sale to the general population on Thursday. Am I missing something?

Email today is for the "insider" list. i.e. The marketing list

SSH's got dibs on single tickets last weekend.

Captain
03-02-2016, 11:54 AM
SSH's got dibs on single tickets last weekend.

Crap! How'd I miss that? Was there a special code?

mistercorporate
03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Crap! How'd I miss that? Was there a special code?

Yeah, i can post it here if its allowed?