PDA

View Full Version : Future Starting Lineup?

Azzurri86
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Once Wynne and Edu get back from the Olympics, what do you think the lineup will be assuming everyone is healthy. Will it look like this

Brennan, James, Tebily, Wynne

Robert, Robinson, Guevara, Ricketts

Dichio, Barrett

I think Edu might be the odd man out here and can come in and substitute for Dichio and then push Guevara up.

Wooster_TFC
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm going to assume that we pick up a DP striker before then so I'd like to see one of two things:

-----------------Sutton--------------
Wynne----Marshall---Tebily---Brennan
-------Robinson----------Edu---------
---------------Guevara---------------
Ricketts-----------------------Robert
-------------DP Striker---------------

OR

-----------------Sutton--------------
Wynne----Marshall---Tebily---Brennan
----------------Robinson-------------
Ricketts-----------------------Robert
---------------Guevara--------------
----Barrett/Dichio-------DP Striker----

I agree Edu is probably the odd man out when it comes to that. Personally I don't rate Dichio or Barrett as starting strikers, but I somewhat like that 4-4-2 diamond. It depends entirely whether we get a striker who can get his head on some crosses, or one that's more of a clinical finisher. I see it being a 4-4-2 with the clinical finisher, and a 4-2-1-2-1 with the target man.

jabbronies
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
well it all depends on the performance of Robert and Ricketts.
If they're hot Edu sits, if not, Edu is in.

j_capitain
07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
personally I'd like a keeper LOL

I think thats the best strike combo we have (when fit), I think Ibrahim would struggle alongside Barrett but either would work well with Dichio's strenght and knock-downs.

Given his age (and now Barrett) Ibrahim will likely push for Smith's bench spot...we shall see.

Azzurri86
07-25-2008, 02:44 PM
well the keeper was assumed that when Sutton is here he is going to start and when he is with Canada Edwards will play...I think Ricketts has been our best player in the last month or so, I think his spot is safe

invictusTFC
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Due to Robert's obvious defensive deficiencies, JC has no choice but to play with two holding mid. Jimmy Brennan has gotten exposed several times this season simply because Robert doesn't pick up his man. When you have two predominantly offensive oriented wingers like Robert and Ricketts you need to protect your backline. Theres no doubt in my mind that TFC will step up and get a forward that will fit into this 4-2-3-1 mold.

Wooster_TFC
07-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Due to Robert's obvious defensive deficiencies, JC has no choice but to play with two holding mid. Jimmy Brennan has gotten exposed several times this season simply because Robert doesn't pick up his man. When you have two predominantly offensive oriented wingers like Robert and Ricketts you need to protect your backline. Theres no doubt in my mind that TFC will step up and get a forward that will fit into this 4-2-3-1 mold.

Except the last couple of games they've been playing more of a 4-1-4-1. Edu has been pushing up much more recently, and I know Rosenlund played a box to box role and not a holding mid role. I think they've very much realized that they only really need one holding mid, and they need to have a link-up to Guevara.

With Edu and Wynne going away to the Olympics, I can see a 4-4-2 emerging, assuming we pick up another striker.

Azzurri86
07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Is James going to play RB with Wynne gone? and is Guevara going to drop back into the midfield with Edu gone or is Rosenland/Harmse going to play there

raj100
07-25-2008, 03:07 PM
ibby is gunna be a bench player no matter what over smith...smith getting no starts as of now, why wud ibby get dropped to reserves fighting for a bench spot? ibby will be a bench player 100% smith cant get starts with all the strikers injured how is he guna get on the bench with barret dichio and a possible dp?

invictusTFC
07-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Is James going to play RB with Wynne gone? and is Guevara going to drop back into the midfield with Edu gone or is Rosenland/Harmse going to play there

My guess is that Velez will shift to RB, and James will play in the middle with Marshall until Tebily gets back from injury.

IMO, I think that when Tebily does come back, JC should try the Tebily/James combination in the middle. I have nothing against Marshall or anything. I actually believe that he's stepped it up a notch since last season, but its really hard to keep such a dynamic kid like James on the bench. Every time he is on the pitch he creates opportunities.

Don Julio
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Carver said Harmse would replace Edu unless his injury persisted, then it would be Rosenlund.

Smenge
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Carver hates Wynne as a defender. I expect Velez will play a much larger role than most of you have indicated in your predictions....Carver likes his work ethic, and he has been very steady.....James is still a rookie, and needs to be worked in more slowly......I think the odd man out is Wynne....as much as everybody likes his forward movement, he is pathetic as a defender, which is, after all, his fucking job.