PDA

View Full Version : Game 32 - Tonight I'm Gonna Take that Ride - TFC host NYRB - Wed Oct 14 7 pm TSN

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
10-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Big Game - lots of days to think about it

Statement game for both teams. NYRB will want this one either in their chase for the supporters shield or to keep ahead of the Eastern pack. We want to be part of the Eastern pack.

Evening games are always a blast. Probably cold, loud, people that WANT to be there.

OgtheDim
10-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Just a note - NYRB will be motivated for this game. 4 points in their games against Montreal and us guarantees them the East title. After us, they play the Union and the Fire.

Cashcleaner
10-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Agreed completely, Og. NYRB will be going into this match with a mission. They are tied with LAG at the top of the table for points (51 pts), but have two games in hand compared to the Galaxy, so they have a really good shot at picking up the Supporter Shield this season. And as for TFC, the match is another opportunity to secure a better post-season seed. 3 points would put us past New England and Columbus (48 pts each) as well as DC United (49 pts).

The match on Wednesday is gonna be a tough one, but we've got a great winning streak going on right now.

FRANKIE65
10-05-2015, 08:49 AM
A draw in this game would, technically, put TFC in third...this is the game in hand on the Revs and Crew. Even points, BUT, TFC would have one more win, which is the first tie break!

BelfastBoy
10-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Alternate thread title:

Game 32 - Red Bull Gives You Wings - TFC host NYRB - Wed Oct 14 7 pm TSN

Discostu81
10-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Alternate thread title:

Nah, I like the Jersey Girl reference...one of my favourite songs by The Boss (Yes, I know it's a cover!)

Areathrasher
10-05-2015, 09:10 AM
I think NYRB will be without Matt Miazga due to US U23 duty. That's nice.

ryan
10-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Wish I wasn't flying out this night, going to be a massive one.

This season, fuck eh? Slowly rising on the road, looking like we're going to climb to the top, then we faded so hard we felt we'd fall right out of the picture, now with just 3 to go we're facing yet another chance to climb all the way up. What a ride.

Mateo1985
10-05-2015, 09:55 AM
So all 3 DPs are out for this game? Going to be a good test for the team.

Oldtimer
10-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Alternate thread title:

Nah, I like the Jersey Girl reference...one of my favourite songs by The Boss (Yes, I know it's a cover!)

It's clever, though.

GonfiaLaRete
10-05-2015, 11:25 AM
I hope all three DPs aren't out or we are in big trouble. We already are, historically speaking vs Red Bulls. Be nice to beat them for once, while simultaneously winning 4 in a row for first time and clinching the p******s.

Oldtimer
10-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I hope all three DPs aren't out or we are in big trouble. We already are, historically speaking vs Red Bulls. Be nice to beat them for once, while simultaneously winning 4 in a row for first time and clinching the p******s.

I think they are, but the ball is round. In MLS, even more than elsewhere, anything can happen.

Pint
10-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see 1 or 2 of them back after the mexico game.

Mateo1985
10-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Giovinco is out of that game for sure thou right? He plays the day before so I guess that is certain that he's out

OgtheDim
10-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Alternate thread title:

:thumbsup:

Will save that one for a P****** Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ROB8kI_fw

The song reminds me of a supporter's relationship to TFC - ignoring the usual, looking forward to the next date, passionate, not always perfect, complicated

GonfiaLaRete
10-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Tickets selling well for this game I hear!

Pint
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
The best thing for TFC would be for the jays to win in 3 or 4 games. A game 5 series decider in Toronto that day would take any potential attention away from TFC and place it squarely on the Jays.

GonfiaLaRete
10-05-2015, 12:36 PM
The best thing for TFC would be for the jays to win in 3 or 4 games. A game 5 series decider in Toronto that day would take any potential attention away from TFC and place it squarely on the Jays.

That is a good point but out of our control. I think it'll be a good turnout either way.

Prof
10-06-2015, 09:23 AM

Who gives a flying fu...k about the Jays. Give me a footy match to watch over endless commentary and little action any day of the week. Baseball is a niche sport propagated by large US corporate TV stations in order to have endless content. Not worth watching live. Very little action.

Pint
10-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Who gives a flying fu...k about the Jays. Give me a footy match to watch over endless commentary and little action any day of the week. Baseball is a niche sport propagated by large US corporate TV stations in order to have endless content. Not worth watching live. Very little action.

That may be the opinion of less than 1% of Toronto right now. All i'm saying is it's best for TFC to have a night in the spotlight to themselves, give the team the credit they deserve for taking this step for the first time ever. Also a 4pm or 7pm game 5 for the jays at home would see the TFC attendance take a significant hit, would be a shame to clinch in front of 12,000.

jazzy
10-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Tickets selling well for this game I hear!

for me this is not ethical ! Are the people who are buying these tickets being told we'll be missing our 3 DP's ? Everyone passes this off as normal but when they are pricing their tickets (premier)? do they mention we won't be playing at full strength ? Really we have no chance in this game . When we bunker up we die . So our only hope is constantly attack ? (with who?). For me this is a huge issue and why we need more forward leadership . This is crapping on casual fans, who are needed to fill our stadium, but with this BS it'll never happen . It'll simply be the diehards . Yes I'll be there but the most we can hope for is a tie . And will Vanney be forced to play Gomez now? Apparently he's on the team . Sorry but I'm pissed how the higher ups are making this league/team a casual entity . we have a critical game without its million $ investments , we'll soon be partner tenant in a 'all sports facilty' , this game should be meaningful but how can it be ? It's disrespectful to us the paying fans ! Why do I feel we're being taken for granted ! On that note , NYR better beat Montreal first .Wed night, HUGE consequences . The only good of GIO being away is he can't get that final yellow allowing the next game suspension . (some of which were ridiculous bad calls ) .

molenshtain
10-06-2015, 11:04 AM

aggressively missing the point. The Jays winning the series quickly allows us a wider audience.

jazzy
10-06-2015, 11:10 AM
:thumbsup:

Will save that one for a P****** Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ROB8kI_fw

on a higher plane this man is a genius , rendering a wonderfully crafted song . To see a bit of insight on Mr. Waits watch the new Keith Richards documentary .......off topic but needed it trying to fathom excitement for RBulls game , esp if the weather is trying .

SenorDingDong
10-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Giovinco is out for sure (as he should be, he needs to make a name for himself for Conte since he was injured the last callup) but Altidore and Bradley I hope are back... They have no need to play that 2nd friendly game...

SoccMan2
10-06-2015, 12:15 PM
So Bradley and Altidore most likely will play for the US on Tuesday Oct. 13 in New Jersey at Red Bull Arena in a friendly versus Costa Rica, they should be back for the game on Wednesday night versus NYRB, however, most likely too tired to play I would think but you could have them on the bench, I mean even Giovinco could conceivably be back on Wednesday night, I mean the game is in Italy on Tuesday so he could be back in time, however, I don't think he would be in any shape to play.

GonfiaLaRete
10-06-2015, 12:17 PM
for me this is not ethical ! Are the people who are buying these tickets being told we'll be missing our 3 DP's ? Everyone passes this off as normal but when they are pricing their tickets (premier)? do they mention we won't be playing at full strength ? Really we have no chance in this game . When we bunker up we die . So our only hope is constantly attack ? (with who?). For me this is a huge issue and why we need more forward leadership . This is crapping on casual fans, who are needed to fill our stadium, but with this BS it'll never happen . It'll simply be the diehards . Yes I'll be there but the most we can hope for is a tie . And will Vanney be forced to play Gomez now? Apparently he's on the team . Sorry but I'm pissed how the higher ups are making this league/team a casual entity . we have a critical game without its million $ investments , we'll soon be partner tenant in a 'all sports facilty' , this game should be meaningful but how can it be ? It's disrespectful to us the paying fans ! Why do I feel we're being taken for granted ! On that note , NYR better beat Montreal first .Wed night, HUGE consequences . The only good of GIO being away is he can't get that final yellow allowing the next game suspension . (some of which were ridiculous bad calls ) .

So let me get this straight. if Giovinco misses the New York game, which it looks like he might, and then gets a yellow card during the Columbus game, he will miss the game vs the SCUM? This is not fucking good

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2015, 02:00 PM

We got ourselves a bandwagon race! Yah, BJ's so our bandwagon gets more hitches!!!!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Circus-Parade_white-bandwagon_Jul09.jpg

Pint
10-06-2015, 02:11 PM
We got ourselves a bandwagon race! Yah, BJ's so our bandwagon gets more hitches!!!!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Circus-Parade_white-bandwagon_Jul09.jpg

Phrasing... although i think it could work.

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Phrasing... although i think it could work.

I regret nothing. :(

jazzy
10-06-2015, 02:42 PM
So let me get this straight. if Giovinco misses the New York game, which it looks like he might, and then gets a yellow card during the Columbus game, he will miss the game vs the SCUM? This is not fucking good

the next season game if he gets a yellow, he misses the next game .......it would be insane if he does make it back for weds game to even play him , even for a sub . He'll be tired and being he's not Drogba who seems to be protected , if he loses his cool because of non called fouls ?? who knows .? Joke is I'd rather him out for Columbus and back for Mont . The Columbus game for me will be praying he doesn't get a yellow then . Montreal without Gio would be a nightmare . Drogba will be huge there and we'll need to score . Drogba gets 1 we'll get 2 , simple as that . If we beat NY or Columbus we're good , but both of them want 1rst and/or second . They won't let up. And if Mont beat NY tomorrow . Wow , our lost players ? Crucial .

OgtheDim
10-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Just an FYI - Kamara and Higuain are also on 4 yellows.

Which means they may miss their crucial game against DCU.

Areathrasher
10-06-2015, 03:00 PM
lovely

bignickel
10-06-2015, 05:02 PM

do the accumulative yellows carry into the p******s?
if so, he should have taken a yellow in the last match just to get back to a clean slate, no?

Oldtimer
10-07-2015, 07:34 AM
do the accumulative yellows carry into the p******s?
if so, he should have taken a yellow in the last match just to get back to a clean slate, no?
The post season and the regular season are separate as far as yellows are concerned.

GonfiaLaRete
10-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Damn I hope we win this game. Red bulls hopefully will dispatch of Montreal tonight while picking up a bunch of yellows/reds.

KGH
10-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Already suspended for our Match:
Matt Miazga

Will be suspended if they pick up a yellow against Mont:
Felipe Martins
Damien Perrinelle

GonfiaLaRete
10-07-2015, 09:21 AM
That isn't enough (possible)suspensions lol

Oldtimer
10-07-2015, 11:30 AM
That isn't enough (possible)suspensions lol

Maybe they can get a red card or two, as well. g:D

Juan Guzman is referee. Not a very good one, but not Toledo level of bad. Tends to be quite liberal with yellow cards. Some reds.

ronzilla
10-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Looks like Gomez is going to get his first start.

pdubs
10-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Looks like Gomez is going to get his first start.

It is the perfect time for him when our DP isn't playing. I wish Gomez and Moore had more games under their belt recently. Can't complain about the form our team is in but they haven't seen much if any action.

kwhisperer
10-07-2015, 01:12 PM
It is the perfect time for him when our DP isn't playing. I wish Gomez and Moore had more games under their belt recently. Can't complain about the form our team is in but they haven't seen much if any action.

I'm not convinced we'll see as much of Gomez as we expect. They had opportunities to give him decent game-time in the past and it would be paying off now, but it's hard to say how he fits into the team's plans moving forward.

C.Ronaldo
10-07-2015, 01:15 PM
maybe gomez wasnt game fit, hes no longer a 90 minute guy but I expected him to be put in much more than he has

notthesun
10-07-2015, 01:30 PM
I hope we stick with the same formation. Start Moore and Gomez up top in a 4-4-2. If Altidore returns I'd like to see him and Gomez.

ronzilla
10-07-2015, 01:36 PM

Yeah Moore was never given a fair shot simply because Vanney preferred Findley. Findley has more pace but Moore is a better finisher.

One thing is certain that Gomez will be eager to impress.

GonfiaLaRete
10-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Well this is a game were we will need secondary scoring. This is what out depth is here for so lets see if they get the job done. If you want to get far you need these role players to make an impact when called upon.

freddyfvckface
10-07-2015, 04:33 PM

i love 3 versions of this tune! TomWaits, The Boss, and Holly Cole..... sorry, off-topic i know hahaha

Ivy
10-07-2015, 05:17 PM
To be honest, the idea of missing our 3 DPs is growing on me a little. New Jersey won't know exactly how to defend, and those that step in will put in 110%

Fort York Redcoat
10-07-2015, 05:47 PM
No Ouimette. He's on Canada duty the night before.

Yohan
10-07-2015, 05:51 PM
I think TFC loses. Why?
We still don't know how to beat a full court pressure and NYRB is rather good at it.
NYRB is vulnerable on the counter to team with pace. We don't have enough pace.

ensco
10-07-2015, 06:44 PM
I think TFC loses. Why?
We still don't know how to beat a full court pressure and NYRB is rather good at it.
NYRB is vulnerable on the counter to team with pace. We don't have enough pace.

Jackson could do it.

Move Osorio into Gio position, put Jackson in midfield, put Morgan in at RB.

When Gio comes back, I'd sit Cheyrou.

kwhisperer
10-07-2015, 07:02 PM
To be honest, the idea of missing our 3 DPs is growing on me a little. New Jersey won't know exactly how to defend, and those that step in will put in 110%

I don't think that strategy will take us far - the onus ison Jozy and the General to choose the most important game of TFC'S season over a meaningless friendly.

Yohan
10-07-2015, 07:36 PM
I don't think that strategy will take us far - the onus on Jozy and the General to choose the most important game of TFC'S season over a meaningless friendly.
again, it's not their choice whether to play for USMNT or not. what are they going to do? tell Klinsmann that they aren't playing for their country on a FIFA date?

kwhisperer
10-07-2015, 08:03 PM
again, it's not their choice whether to play for USMNT or not. what are they going to do? tell Klinsmann that they aren't playing for their country on a FIFA date?

Of course, it IS their choice whether they play for USMNT but I do understand that they don't want to jeopardize their position by refusing to play. More to the point, I fully expect this has already been discussed, Klinsmann understands there has to be a little give-and-take, and that they will be suiting up against Red Bulls.

I realize some people take this in stride and say it's just footy or life in MLS or whatever, but I can't think of any important match I've ever seen in any sport where key players are missing for this reason.

OgtheDim
10-07-2015, 08:29 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/651893015859097602

GonfiaLaRete
10-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Somehow,some way, they better be here for the New York.

OgtheDim
10-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Frankly I think the more important game is the one against Columbus. If we tied NYRB (doable) and beat Columbus, we will finish ahead of Columbus and thus pretty much guarantee ourselves a home p****** date (it would take Montreal winning out to beat us then).

I would love for us to beat NYRB but I'd take a tie.

Richard
10-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Of course, it IS their choice whether they play for USMNT but I do understand that they don't want to jeopardize their position by refusing to play. More to the point, I fully expect this has already been discussed, Klinsmann understands there has to be a little give-and-take, and that they will be suiting up against Red Bulls.

I realize some people take this in stride and say it's just footy or life in MLS or whatever, but I can't think of any important match I've ever seen in any sport where key players are missing for this reason.

I would agree with you 100% but in this case its a FIFA scheduled friendly date, its the fault of MLS for not trying hard enough to schedule around them, if anyone is to blame its MLS, they know about these dates far in advance.

But friendlies on non FIFA dates is a whole different story, I would tell USMNT to stick it where it don't shine when they want players for those cash grabs.

ensco
10-07-2015, 09:39 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/651893015859097602

Yeah. Sure.

I'll wager anyone that they'll be here next Wed if healthy.

kwhisperer
10-07-2015, 09:42 PM
I would agree with you 100% but in this case its a FIFA scheduled friendly date, its the fault of MLS for not trying hard enough to schedule around them, if anyone is to blame its MLS, they know about these dates far in advance.

But friendlies on non FIFA dates is a whole different story, I would tell USMNT to stick it where it don't shine when they want players for those cash grabs.

Why is a friendly different if FIFA schedules it?

MLS has "capologists" to sort out their ridiculous maze of salary rules - now they need some "schedule-ologists" to figure out this shit :-)

I still say we have two of our three DPs on hand and at least eke out a tie.

Ivy
10-07-2015, 09:46 PM
I'm almost certain that MB and JA will be here. Nobody is going to say it now though... There are still CONCACAF tickets to be sold.

Red CB Toronto
10-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Yeah. Sure.

I'll wager anyone that they'll be here next Wed if healthy.

It will be interesting since JK did not call in a big roster for the two games, only 23. In the past he has called in upwards of 28-30 to make up numbers for camp and games.

Red CB Toronto
10-07-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm almost certain that MB and JA will be here. Nobody is going to say it now though... There are still CONCACAF tickets to be sold.

Sold out, 90K in the building ! The Costa Rica friendly at RPB on the other hand is a different story, almost entire section remain unsold, lots of tickets available in the US's biggest market.

molenshtain
10-07-2015, 09:51 PM
It will be interesting since JK did not call in a big roster for the two games, only 23. In the past he has called in upwards of 28-30 to make up numbers for camp and games.

pretty sure you can only call up 23 players on fifa dates. He calls up larger squads for non-sanctioned fixtures.

OgtheDim
10-08-2015, 05:55 AM
He was limited to naming 23 for the game on Saturday but has brought in others without "calling them in".

Jordan Morris - the college guy who is a forward for the US - is there.

I suspect Red CB is right - they don't want to give up on any advantage to selling the Costa Rica friendly.

Red CB Toronto
10-08-2015, 06:39 AM
He was limited to naming 23 for the game on Saturday but has brought in others without "calling them in".

Jordan Morris - the college guy who is a forward for the US - is there.

I suspect Red CB is right - they don't want to give up on any advantage to selling the Costa Rica friendly.

Jordan Morris is actually with the U23 team at Olympic Qualifying. 23 is the roster size for the CONCACAF Cup vs. Mexico, which was set previously. But he could have called in more guys for training and would be available for the Costa Rica friendly !

Initial B
10-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I had this nightmare that Toronto loses the rest of its games, Montreal wins two games, and Orlando wins the rest of theirs and TFC ends up out of the play0ffs. I still remember 2009 - will Montreal be a repeat?

Fort York Redcoat
10-08-2015, 09:27 AM
I had this nightmare that Toronto loses the rest of its games, Montreal wins two games, and Orlando wins the rest of theirs and TFC ends up out of the play0ffs. I still remember 2009 - will Montreal be a repeat?

B we have got to get you to a psychic or something to get that negative superstitious prognosticating out of your system. g:D

Pint
10-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Much more likely that Montreal loses their next 2 and we have the chance to knock them out on the last day of the season.

GonfiaLaRete
10-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Much more likely that Montreal loses their next 2 and we have the chance to knock them out on the last day of the season.

Please let this happen!!

Kamp Berg
10-08-2015, 06:36 PM
I wonder if Vanney will stick with the flat 4-4-2? It seemed to be working well, but it's hard to know how it will turn out without Bradley, Altidore, and Giovinco. My biggest question is will Vanney move Osorio inside to fill Bradley's spot or slot in Warner and try to keep things as static as possible? I'm not sure what the lesser evil is? Maybe:

-------------Moore-----Gomez-------------
Findley--Osorio--Cheyrou--Jackson
Morgan--Perquis--Williams--Morrow
-------------------Konopka---------------------

Or maybe so much change is too risky?

ronzilla
10-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I think 4-2-3-1 will work best.

portu
10-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I think it'll be something like this

4-4-2 - Konopka; Morrow, Perquis, Williams, Jackson; Osorio, Cheyrou, Delgado, Findley; Moore, Herc

SenorDingDong
10-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Keep formation exactly the same as last game.

Swap Findley in for Altidore
Swap Herc in for Giovinco
Swap Delgado in for Bradley

Kamp Berg
10-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Keep formation exactly the same as last game.

Swap Findley in for Altidore
Swap Herc in for Giovinco
Swap Delgado in for Bradley

Moore seems like a better choice up top than Findley.

GonfiaLaRete
10-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Hopefully, it will be close to a sell out and hopefully the weather is decent, those two usually go hand in hand.

C.Ronaldo
10-09-2015, 09:55 AM
we cant go 3 strikers, we'd have no one left on bench

id rather see warner out there with cheyrou to shore up the D and hope for a one goal win

Oldtimer
10-09-2015, 10:01 AM
we cant go 3 strikers, we'd have no one left on bench

id rather see warner out there with cheyrou to shore up the D and hope for a one goal win

3 strikers is possible, just change formations if one is injured/red carded.

Kamp Berg
10-09-2015, 10:22 AM
On second thought a 4-2-3-1 could work but it needs speed on the wings. The problem is who plays left mid? Is Herc or Findley comfortable on the left?

-----------------------------Moore----------------------------
--Findley/Gomez--Osorio--Findley/Gomez--
-------------------Cheyrou-----Warner------------------
Morrow-------Perquis-----Williams----Jackson
---------------------------Konopka--------------------------

This could provide some much needed speed and crossing.

Kamp Berg
10-09-2015, 10:23 AM
On second thought a 4-2-3-1 could work but it needs speed on the wings. The problem is who plays left mid? Is Herc or Findley comfortable on the left?

-----------------------------Moore----------------------------
--Findley/Gomez--Osorio--Findley/Gomez--
-------------------Cheyrou-----Warner------------------
Morrow-------Perquis-----Williams----Jackson
---------------------------Konopka--------------------------

This could provide some much needed speed and crossing.

Revision: Warner/Delgado

ManUtd4ever
10-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Can't say I'm optimistic about getting any points from this match without any of our DPs in the lineup.

Pint
10-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Osorio will take this game over and carry us to the PIayoffs on his back.

PopePouri
10-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Don't think they'll change much.

-------------------Konopka-------------------
--Jackson---Williams---Perquis---Morrow--
------------Warner------Cheyrou------------
---Delgado-------------------------Osorio---
------------Gomez-------Moore--------------

Subject to change if Altidore/Bradley aren't back by then.

kwhisperer
10-09-2015, 10:44 AM

My hunch is they are on the bench against Costa Rica but on the field against NYRB.

MartinUtd
10-09-2015, 11:06 AM

This is what I expect, except Findley in for Moore. Personally I'd rather see Moore in, but Vanney seems to have a thing for starting Findley no matter what.

PopePouri
10-09-2015, 12:27 PM
This is what I expect, except Findley in for Moore. Personally I'd rather see Moore in, but Vanney seems to have a thing for starting Findley no matter what.

Vanney starts him as a direct wide midfielder. If he had to replace someone, it would either Delgado or Oso.

OgtheDim
10-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Moore has always been the first off the bench for a forward replacement.

Kamp Berg
10-09-2015, 01:56 PM

I'm guessing that Gomez is going to be the odd man out.

kwhisperer
10-09-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm guessing that Gomez is going to be the odd man out.

Vanney had good opportunities to give him meaningful game time and he didn't. Very frustrating because I think Herc has the more potential than either Findley or Moore to make a real difference.

Super
10-09-2015, 02:17 PM
So I wonder: how many games have we been without Bradley and Altidore due to international call-up this season? And do you think any club outside of the MLS would be okay with that?

Moving forward we should shy away from signing international players. Might be the best strategy.

Kamp Berg
10-09-2015, 03:52 PM
So I wonder: how many games have we been without Bradley and Altidore due to international call-up this season? And do you think any club outside of the MLS would be okay with that?

Moving forward we should shy away from signing international players. Might be the best strategy.

The problem isn't international DP's, it's poor depth.

kwhisperer
10-09-2015, 03:54 PM

Also scheduling. No other league in any sport has to deal with this kind of situation. Problem is the league. We shouldn't have to be dealing with this issue.

Super
10-09-2015, 04:06 PM

We don't have poor depth. Most teams wouldn't do well in this league if they had to hand over 2-3 of their best players at the rate we've had to do it. Point is: we shouldn't have to do it. It's bush league. It's Mickey Mouse. Imagine Barca playing without Messi for 1/3 of their games. You think they would be okay with that? I sure don't.

Our depth is fine. But most teams would suffer if they had to give up their top guys. Especially in a salary capped league with the DP system.

Kamp Berg
10-09-2015, 04:10 PM
We don't have poor depth. Most teams wouldn't do well in this league if they had to hand over 2-3 of their best players at the rate we've had to do it. Point is: we shouldn't have to do it. It's bush league. It's Mickey Mouse. Imagine Barca playing without Messi for 1/3 of their games. You think they would be okay with that? I sure don't.

Our depth is fine. But most teams would suffer if they had to give up their top guys. Especially in a salary capped league with the DP system.

I don't think the depth players themselves are that bad, but I don't believe they are the best mix for this team. But to your point, the scheduling is crap!

OgtheDim
10-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Looking like the fear of a 5th game night for the Jays next Wednesday might not be an issue.

Ultra & Proud
10-09-2015, 05:03 PM
We don't have poor depth. Most teams wouldn't do well in this league if they had to hand over 2-3 of their best players at the rate we've had to do it.
I agree on a whole but one thing we have this year is a lack of goal scoring depth. Take Seba, Bradley, and Altidore out and goals are really, really hard to come by. Especially from forwards. Be nice if someone stepped up but nobody has as of yet.

MightyDM
10-09-2015, 05:11 PM
I agree on a whole but one thing we have this year is a lack of goal scoring depth. Take Seba, Bradley, and Altidore out and goals are really, really hard to come by. Especially from forwards. Be nice if someone stepped up but nobody has as of yet.

I thought Luke Moore was doing well before his bereavement leave and injury. I also don't think scoring is our problem, it is letting in the first goal in the first half, I think it's thirty times now in the last forty games.

Red CB Toronto
10-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Looking like the fear of a 5th game night for the Jays next Wednesday might not be an issue.

If the Jays do not push it to a game 5 clincher, the Reds to fill the stadium should offer discounted tickets to anyone who brings their game 5 ticket to the BMO Box office, if they don't they are really losing a chance to really engage this city with p****** Feaver.

GonfiaLaRete
10-09-2015, 06:11 PM
I thought Luke Moore was doing well before his bereavement leave and injury. I also don't think scoring is our problem, it is letting in the first goal in the first half, I think it's thirty times now in the last forty games.

Ya especially away from home. Hopefully we can bag a quick goal in the first half on Wednesday. We need a home p****** game if we make it in.

GonfiaLaRete
10-09-2015, 06:13 PM
If the Jays do not push it to a game 5 clincher, the Reds to fill the stadium should offer discounted tickets to anyone who brings their game 5 ticket to the BMO Box office, if they don't they are really losing a chance to really engage this city with p****** Feaver.

That would be a cool idea. But i think there are enough discounts going around anyways ha. Promises to be a decent crows either way. Hopefully the weather cooperates a bit!!

Hamilton_Red
10-09-2015, 06:35 PM
I'll really be questioning my MLS loyalty if Bradley and Alti are allowed to play a international friendly and miss a crucial play off qualifying match. TFC have a chance to finish 2nd in the division - alternately and more to Toronto sporting form they could lose the next two games and force a hi pressure final game vs Montreal. There can be no question about Bradley and Alti playing against NYRB.

Smokecell
10-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Bad news for TFC w USAvMex going to extra time should Bradley and Altidore even be released

Yohan
10-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Bad news for TFC w USAvMex going to extra time should Bradley and Altidore even be released
helluva game though. Mex wins 3-2 in extra time

TFC07
10-11-2015, 05:55 AM
I'll really be questioning my MLS loyalty if Bradley and Alti are allowed to play a international friendly and miss a crucial play off qualifying match. TFC have a chance to finish 2nd in the division - alternately and more to Toronto sporting form they could lose the next two games and force a hi pressure final game vs Montreal. There can be no question about Bradley and Alti playing against NYRB.

MLS is AMERICAN league where US soccer is their first priority. We shouldn't be surprise that Bradley and Altidore would miss games for sake of US soccer.

This is why MLS needs to start scheduling their season around FIFA international window and/or cut down amount of regular season games. This is only solution of dealing with this problem.

Hamilton_Red
10-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Agree TFC07 - same issue for CDN internationals as well. Makes it more appealing for good NA talent to play abroad.

Any word on Alti and Bradley being released from the US camp?

Pint
10-11-2015, 12:18 PM
After the loss to mexico and the loss to Honduras i doubt they will be released. USSF and Klins need a result vs costa rica

notthesun
10-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Just announced, Bradley released from U.S. camp! Huge for our chances in this game.

Altidore is staying so we'll still be without him but I will definitely take this, wasn't expecting to get either of them.

Red CB Toronto
10-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Michael Bradley has been returned to TFC from the U.S. national team, which I assume would possiblely make him available on Wednesday. Now I would if I were pathes TFC brain trust approach that notion with caution as he just played 120 minutes on Saturday evening in a very gruelling affair vs. Mexico.

ensco
10-11-2015, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't play Bradley Wednesday. I would save him for Saturday

OgtheDim
10-11-2015, 03:08 PM

Trying to stop him from playing when he wants to is pointless. He's playing.

Red CB Toronto
10-11-2015, 03:12 PM

I agree, remember last year when he played for the U.S. vs. Phoenix and for Toronto in Columbus within days of each other scoring in both, he missed the Reds next game due to being run down.

Ivy
10-11-2015, 04:05 PM
I like this Bradley guy... He's pretty hardcore.

Yohan
10-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Trying to stop him from playing when he wants to is pointless. He's playing.

And he's going to be gassed out by half time and basically crawl in 2nd half. Fun, esp against nyrb high press.

But try stopping Bradley from playing.

Hamilton_Red
10-11-2015, 04:32 PM
We need to be thinking to win all three of the next games. Missing two DP's. You could throw the game as a protest against MLS idiot scheduling - but failing that...he's got to play. If we can get 7 points out of 9 remaining it would be huge going in to the p******s - we need to go for it.

portu
10-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Bring him on for the second half, I'd rather have him on the pitch to help shore up the game

Ivy
10-11-2015, 05:50 PM
And he's going to be gassed out by half time and basically crawl in 2nd half. Fun, esp against nyrb high press.

But try stopping Bradley from playing.
If it was anybody else, I'd agree with you. Bradley is conditioned incredibly well.

mowe
10-11-2015, 06:09 PM
TFC wouldn't have negotiated his release if they weren't planning on playing him. I say he goes at least 45.

We only have two home games left, it's all hands on deck as far as I'm concerned.

Yohan
10-11-2015, 06:16 PM
If it was anybody else, I'd agree with you. Bradley is conditioned incredibly well.
even he's got limits. he ran his ass off for 120 mins vs Mex. he can't have much in his tank right now, even if he gets couple days rest (and flying back from LA sucks)

Ivy
10-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Bradley has no limits.

portu
10-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Bradley has no limits.
Bradley is immortal

OgtheDim
10-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Bradley is immortal

In 4 years, we will not be saying that.

He's in his prime now. Probably in the best shape he's ever been in.

And he will go and go and go and go until his team can't go anymore.

MightyDM
10-11-2015, 09:04 PM

that was my first instinct but I think he can go 60. He is Bradley. And we need results in all three games if we are going to have momentum into the p******s.

Pint
10-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Barring a massive score line in either direction I would be shocked to not see bradley go 90. Besides osorio their will not be a more motivated player on the pitch than bradley.

This is his team and he won't stop til we are done.

Jpexxx
10-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Have faith in a result.
A big win puts us in a strong position with 2 games remaining.

ronzilla
10-12-2015, 09:51 AM
I didn't work out the math but according to Larson, the Reds just need 1 point to clinch a spot.

GonfiaLaRete
10-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Just let us win soccer Gods!! Just let us win!

portu
10-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Pretty sure a win Wednesday puts us in second, with a draw putting us third due to the tiebreaker of most wins

OgtheDim
10-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Weather Forecast for Game Time

20% chance of rain

12 degrees feeling like 10

Winds out of the NW at 23 km/h

Toques and layers and mitts weather people - its going to be a cold one.

Pint
10-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Sounds like shorts and tshirt weather

OgtheDim
10-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Hmmm.....possible 5th and deciding Blue Jays game starts at 4:07.

molenshtain
10-12-2015, 06:31 PM

oh for fuck sakes. This city can't catch a break.

Discostu81
10-12-2015, 06:35 PM
oh for fuck sakes. This city can't catch a break.

That's gonna cannibalize our attendance massively.

ronzilla
10-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Not sure about massively, but will probably be slightly down.

notthesun
10-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Better than the alternative, which was a 7:07pm start and thus nobody would even realize it if we clinch the p******s.

Discostu81
10-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Not sure about massively, but will probably be slightly down.

I'll stick my neck out and say it will be somewhere around 18-20k...but a very committed and vocal 18-20k!

portu
10-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Is it bad that I want the blue jays to lose so that TFC gets more exposure

mook-life
10-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Weather Forecast for Game Time

20% chance of rain

12 degrees feeling like 10

Winds out of the NW at 23 km/h

Toques and layers and mitts weather people - its going to be a cold one.

since when is 10 toque time I thought this is canada

ronzilla
10-12-2015, 07:43 PM
10 seems cold now because our bodies are still stuck in summer mode.

OgtheDim
10-12-2015, 07:45 PM
since when is 10 toque time I thought this is canada

The last game was 10.

Everybody had mitts gloves and hats on (ok, it was 40 km/h winds).

gmacpheetfc
10-12-2015, 08:04 PM

I feel the same way

CBTFC
10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
TFC is slowly becoming the Bad Luck Brian of Toronto sports teams...

SmokedPanda
10-12-2015, 09:38 PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs will never give up that title, so don't worry about it.

DinamoTFC
10-12-2015, 10:11 PM

nope, wish the sports shows covered all toronto teams more equally or at least somewhat

CanadaLFC
10-12-2015, 10:41 PM

I feel the same way, but then feel guilty for feeling that way. This city needs a winner.

However, TFC deserves more media exposure.

portu
10-12-2015, 11:39 PM
nope, wish the sports shows covered all toronto teams more equally or at least somewhat
It's harder to give a team that plays once a week round the clock coverage the way the blue jays have gotten.

also has anyone noticed how little marketing they've gotten, MLSE trying not to jinx p******s?

OgtheDim
10-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Realistically, there is nothing in our set up that indicates we know how to handle the NYRB press. Our defence leaks, Seba will not be there, we have no speed on the wings and Bradley is going to be gassed.

I will be there yelling and stomping.

But we are going to lose this game.

portu
10-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Media has pretty much confirmed we're playing 2 up top, but what if we play 5-3-2 to help absorb the NY high press
Konopka; Morrow, Kantari, Perquis, Williams, Jackson; Cheyrou, Osorio, Bradley; Gomez, Moore

ronzilla
10-13-2015, 07:30 AM
I don't have any confidence in our second string forwards scoring more than 1 goal. If Brad is playing (which i'm sure he will), he will help to keep us in the game. If the RB score more than 2 goals, its game over, but there is still a slight chance of an upset if the RB are not on their game.

Derko
10-13-2015, 07:34 AM
I don't have any confidence in our second string forwards scoring more than 1 goal. If Brad is playing (which i'm sure he will), he will help to keep us in the game. If the RB score more than 2 goals, its game over, but there is still a slight chance of an upset if the RB are not on their game.

I think Gomez can score some goals and so can Moore, they will be slop garbage goals, but hey WTF, Defend well and take the shots
Optimism laddie, it's called optimism :scarf:

notthesun
10-13-2015, 08:41 AM
http://www.proreferees.com/2015-mls-regular-season-assignments---week-33.php

Fotis Bazakos is officiating this one.

JonO
10-13-2015, 08:42 AM
To be fair though, it has been a long time since a Toronto sports team has had a season like the Blue Jays are having. When was the last time a Toronto team was the favourite (or at least serious contender) to win it all? I don't begrudge the Jays the exposure they are receiving - they have earned it

FC_Hali
10-13-2015, 08:45 AM
No chance Bradley starts on the bench and keep the back 4 unchanged:
---------Gomez----Findley--------
Osorio----------------------Delgado
--------Cheyrou---Bradley---------
Morrow--------------------Jackson
-------Williams---Perquis---------
------------Konopka----------------

Prof
10-13-2015, 09:09 AM
To be fair though, it has been a long time since a Toronto sports team has had a season like the Blue Jays are having. When was the last time a Toronto team was the favourite (or at least serious contender) to win it all? I don't begrudge the Jays the exposure they are receiving - they have earned it

And never has a Toronto sports team had a player with an individual offensive output such as Giovinco. Imagine a Blue Jay having a season that betters all of Babe Ruth's records or a Maple Leaf that shatters all of Gretsky's records or Raptor compared to Michael Jordan. The press coverage would be non stop. Yet we have seen very little in the media of Giovico's record breaking season. This is what is unfair exposure and has to change for our team.

kwhisperer
10-13-2015, 09:20 AM
And never has a Toronto sports team had a player with an individual offensive output such as Giovinco. Imagine a Blue Jay having a season that betters all of Babe Ruth's records or a Maple Leaf that shatters all of Gretsky's records or Raptor compared to Michael Jordan. The press coverage would be non stop. Yet we have seen very little in the media of Giovico's record breaking season. This is what is unfair exposure and has to change for our team.

I don't think we can make those comparisons for Giovinco because Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays play in the world's best leagues for their respective sports. I agree completely, though, that Giovinco should get far more recognition in the press and from the public.

OgtheDim
10-13-2015, 09:51 AM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRMpEmtWoAEiIJQ.png

ensco
10-13-2015, 10:42 AM

Really should move this game to 8pm. Just put the Jays on the jumbotron at 7pm

Prof
10-13-2015, 10:46 AM
How do you know their the best leagues when they don't compete against anyone else?

bones
10-13-2015, 10:51 AM

+1,000,000

KGH
10-13-2015, 10:58 AM

TSN coverage won't allow this. It's 7 ET TFC, 9 ET Van.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Annnnnd if the basesball goes 5hrs?

notthesun
10-13-2015, 11:30 AM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/653969155272499200

Fucking love this guy. But there's no way he should play in this game.

ryan
10-13-2015, 11:34 AM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/653969155272499200

Fucking love this guy. But there's no way he should play in this game.

Final 10 mins sub to pot a winner? If the opportunity is there, you take it. There's a fuck ton riding on this game. How many mins did he log so far for Italy, 10? Perhaps another 10 vs Norway? He's good to go.

Red4ever
10-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Final 10 mins sub to pot a winner? If the opportunity is there, you take it. There's a fuck ton riding on this game. How many mins did he log so far for Italy, 10? Perhaps another 10 vs Norway? He's good to go.

At this rate, He'll probably pitch out of the bullpen down the street before the game.

Detroit_TFC
10-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Seba just went up another level in my book. Warrior for the badge.

notthesun
10-13-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm expecting him to get significant minutes today vs. Norway. We'll see though. The travel is nothing to sneeze at either.

That being said if he did come off the bench for the last 15 or so minutes and scores a goal to clinch the p******s that would be some legendary stuff.

FRANKIE65
10-13-2015, 11:57 AM

That's fine and dandy for anyone that lives in, or close to, Toronto. Some of us are travelling, 7 is fine with me. I love the Jays too, but, I'm okay watching the highlights of this one. TFC is priority!!

OgtheDim
10-13-2015, 12:05 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/653972834272854016

bones
10-13-2015, 12:27 PM
TSN coverage won't allow this. It's 7 ET TFC, 9 ET Van.

It's a good thing they have 5 channels so they can keep things set in stone like that...

ronzilla
10-13-2015, 12:33 PM
There's a good chance SEBA could be starting today. I would like to see him rest but at the same time we desperately need him.

kwhisperer
10-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Maybe Jozy stays on the bench in the friendly and gives us more subbing options on Wednesday....would be nice to have all hands on deck and ready to contribute in some form.

notthesun
10-13-2015, 01:09 PM
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Reed/status/653989580732014592

Bobo
10-13-2015, 01:44 PM
There's a good chance SEBA could be starting today. I would like to see him rest but at the same time we desperately need him.

Not starting. I think he gets a half-hour at most.

GonfiaLaRete
10-13-2015, 03:54 PM
I don't think we can make those comparisons for Giovinco because Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays play in the world's best leagues for their respective sports. I agree completely, though, that Giovinco should get far more recognition in the press and from the public.

Agreed. Seems pretty obvious!!

GonfiaLaRete
10-13-2015, 03:58 PM
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Reed/status/653989580732014592

So Bradley isn't starting??? Hmm. I am really nervous about this game. We need a big game from everybody. A loss with an orlando win would really start to freak me out!

kwhisperer
10-13-2015, 05:42 PM

So Bradley isn't starting??? Hmm. I am really nervous about this game. We need a big game from everybody. A loss with an orlando win would really start to freak me out!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This team wasn't supposed to cut it so close. We shouldn't have these line-up questions.

TFC/Everton
10-13-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm getting drunk tomorrow night. Big time.

portu
10-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Giovinco played just under 30 minutes today, if he gets back in TO sometime early morning he has plenty of time to recover and play 45 minutes at 8 pm

With Jozy's injury history I wouldn't risk him at all tomo

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2015, 05:56 PM

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-follow-your-capo-3.png

Have fun, be heard.

molenshtain
10-13-2015, 06:02 PM

Amen.

Pint
10-13-2015, 10:20 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-follow-your-capo-3.png

Have fun, be heard.

I just wanted this picture to be up twice.

Hamilton_Red
10-13-2015, 10:26 PM

Getting a little carried away there. Once he wins something let's talk.

Hamilton_Red
10-13-2015, 10:29 PM
No decent coach in any other league would have said this without a rant against idiot bush league MLS scheduling. The fans are being ripped off by this bs...lets see some leadership from TFC to kick up some noise about this..MLS needs to stop this immediately.

OgtheDim
10-14-2015, 06:21 AM
GAME DAY :scarf:

Weather at game time 12 degrees with 23km/hr winds out of the North West

Traffic - well that will depend upon what is happening at the Skydome - Get yourself down to Liberty Village early and it shouldn't be an issue

GonfiaLaRete
10-14-2015, 08:00 AM
For anyone who has doubts themselves or knows someone who is thinking on passing on tfc game for jays today, tell them to watch game at a bar in liberty village and run over to BMO field. We need buts in the seats.

FRANKIE65
10-14-2015, 08:17 AM
For anyone who has doubts themselves or knows someone who is thinking on passing on tfc game for jays today, tell them to watch game at a bar in liberty village and run over to BMO field. We need buts in the seats.

Agreed! You'd think it was game 7 of the World Series. I love the Jays, too...been following/cheering for them since '82, but, it's only the first round for shit's sake. Priorities people. If you give two shits about TFC get your frickin' asses over to BMO tonight!!!! Unless, of course, you actually have tickets to the Jays game...then enjoy.

Mateo1985
10-14-2015, 08:24 AM
I will be at Joe's watching the Jays until around 6:15-6:30 and then go to BMO. Love the Jays just like everyone but TFC matters to me 7000x more

Joe Kool
10-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Agreed! You'd think it was game 7 of the World Series. I love the Jays, too...been following/cheering for them since '82, but, it's only the first round for shit's sake. Priorities people. If you give two shits about TFC get your frickin' asses over to BMO tonight!!!! Unless, of course, you actually have tickets to the Jays game...then enjoy.

Unfortunately I think we lose alot of the casual fans tonight because the Jays are playing. The casual fan will watch both games at home I think. The TFC fans that make it to most games regardless of circumstances will be there but I think the stadium will not be too full especially with our new extra capacity. Cooler weather doesn't help either for the casual fan. Most people on this board that can be there will be I think.

FRANKIE65
10-14-2015, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately I think we lose alot of the casual fans tonight because the Jays are playing. The casual fan will watch both games at home I think. The TFC fans that make it to most games regardless of circumstances will be there but I think the stadium will not be too full especially with our new extra capacity. Cooler weather doesn't help either for the casual fan. Most people on this board that can be there will be I think.

I agree, completely, part of the problem is the city is so starved for a winner that everyone and their brother has latched onto the Jays now. I'll be amazed if we see any crowds over 20 000, including potential p****** games, at BMO from here on in. Hope I'm wrong.

Prof
10-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Getting a little carried away there. Once he wins something let's talk.

Not a matter of winning anything. He has the most points in any MLS season. This is fact.

Fort York Redcoat
10-14-2015, 08:50 AM
This game was going to be an uphill battle at the start of the season. No better after the shellacking we got in NJ. The fact our DP's are limited today pretty much puts this game as "A draw's a win" category.

Don't get me wrong - I've been loving seeing so much positivity here with the Pee word talk but I'm not expecting to be any more disappointed or worried tomorrow than I am right now.

TFC/Everton
10-14-2015, 08:54 AM
I know the Jays are the talk of the town, and rightfully so, but for me, today is about our boys in red! C'mon you reds!!!

Phil
10-14-2015, 09:16 AM
Who are these 'Blue Jays' and what sport do they play?

LOL

All the best to them, I will be keeping an eye on their game but today is all about that TFC team for me.

aajking
10-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Heard a rumour that Seba returns today and might be a game time decision tonight. Anyone else hear this?

Pint
10-14-2015, 10:06 AM
You can stream games on mobile devices. That's my plan til 650

Mateo1985
10-14-2015, 10:07 AM
yeah I think there was a tweet about him trying to make it for this game. Can't find it though

Red4ever
10-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Heard a rumour that Seba returns today and might be a game time decision tonight. Anyone else hear this?

Just heard it on the forum. Gotta be true. :)

Auzzy
10-14-2015, 10:10 AM
You can stream games on mobile devices. That's my plan til 650

Mobile networks near BMO Field might be a bit slow tonight. :D

OgtheDim
10-14-2015, 10:15 AM
He texted Vanney that he wanted to "be part of things tonight."

The guy REALLY wants this team to succeed.

Mateo1985
10-14-2015, 10:19 AM

Oh ok. So he definitely won't play then. Glad he got his fix of Italy play though. I'm pretty sure he will be motivated playing for TFC so much more now

GonfiaLaRete
10-14-2015, 10:59 AM
When we the last time we had almost 8 pages of a pregame thread??

KGH
10-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Even if Giovinco doesn't get into the game it's in our best interest to keep him in the 18. He's sitting on 4 yellows and needs 2 games to get one knocked off for good behaviour.

Edit: Actually...just did the scenarios. Any way it plays out if he gets a card against Columbus he sits out Mont.

Oldtimer
10-14-2015, 11:31 AM
yeah I think there was a tweet about him trying to make it for this game. Can't find it though

Just heard it on the forum. Gotta be true. :)

Oh ok. So he definitely won't play then. Glad he got his fix of Italy play though. I'm pretty sure he will be motivated playing for TFC so much more now

It's here:
Sebastian Giovinco, who impressed in a second-half cameo for Italy Tuesday in Rome, has been texting TFC staff in an effort to play a role in Wednesday night's match. He is schedule to arrive back in Toronto a few hours before the match. source: http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/14/tfc-meets-red-bulls-with-a-lot-on-the-line

When we the last time we had almost 8 pages of a pregame thread??

If you mean for an ordinary league match, 2009, 6 years ago.

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Best outcome tonight: Reds win, Jays lose g:D

mastermixer
10-14-2015, 11:45 AM

I want to believe Giovinco texted this, but my gut tells me it's just TFC propaganda.

ryan
10-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Vanney is just doin some gamesmanship, he's not gonna tip his hand to NY. Seba getting some minutes tonight.

Red4ever
10-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Best outcome tonight: Reds win, Jays lose g:D

Best outcome. Jays win 11-0 > people get to the stadium on time as the game isnt close > people are excited and loud > TFC feeds off that > TFC wins 11-0

Richard
10-14-2015, 12:13 PM

Yes you should, you jest though right?

You should wish for every T.O team to succeed.

The lack of exposure for TFC does not bother me, MLS is just not a top league for the casuals to actually care about. Also the Gretzky/Jordan compairisons to Giovinco are ridiculous, MLS isnt the best league in the world for it. to be valid.

shwade
10-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Best outcome. Jays win 11-0 > people get to the stadium on time as the game isnt close > people are excited and loud > TFC feeds off that > TFC wins 11-0

Haha. Can't argue with that being the best outcome.

GonfiaLaRete
10-14-2015, 12:30 PM
11-0 both games is definitely an ideal result. I sort of want Giovinco to sub in late and grab a yellow but only if we are winning or tied because I wouldnt want him tomiss Columbus if we lose tonight and havent clinched. He should have picked up a yellow last match and flown back for this game so this would be the game "he missed" due to suspension.

Prof
10-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Yes you should, you jest though right?

You should wish for every T.O team to succeed.

The lack of exposure for TFC does not bother me, MLS is just not a top league for the casuals to actually care about. Also the Gretzky/Jordan compairisons to Giovinco are ridiculous, MLS isnt the best league in the world for it. to be valid.

How on earth do you know that. Because you buy into the North American corporate propaganda. I bet you actually believe the Blue Jays are competing for the "WORLD Series" also. MLS is the top soccer league we have in North America, just like the other leagues I mentioned are the top leagues in North America for those sports. I'm comparing apples to apples. Soccer is played in over 200 countries around the world, the so called best league is very much an opinion.

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 12:41 PM
11-0 final in soccer.. uh yeah ok

MartinUtd
10-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Anybody have insight on Bradley and Altidore's availability?

TheGoodson
10-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Question not sure where to put it, but if Giovinco picks up a yellow in the last game of the season, would he be suspend for our first p****** game?

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Nope, it will be carried over to next season game.

GonfiaLaRete
10-14-2015, 01:12 PM
Weather looks decent....no rain in forecast. Hopefully it isn't too windy at lakeshore.

Chubbs
10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
11-0 final in soccer.. uh yeah ok
I'll just leave this here...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/non-league-side-didcot-town-6633234

SoccMan2
10-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Yes I need to get some kind of counseling because I have no interest in what the Blue Jays do win or lose as they try to bring a World Championship lol to Canada, the only thing I find amusing about some of the other teams in the city is that no one seems bothered by the fact that there are so few Canadians on the Jays or even Raptors, but heaven forbid TFC or the Impact or the Whitecaps go a season with few Canadians and everybody seems to get up in arms lol!

Red CB Toronto
10-14-2015, 02:42 PM
The Reds can do it tonight , secure a spot and finally make the post season, can you say it , post season !!

GonfiaLaRete
10-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes I need to get some kind of counseling because I have no interest in what the Blue Jays do win or lose as they try to bring a World Championship lol to Canada, the only thing I find amusing about some of the other teams in the city is that no one seems bothered by the fact that there are so few Canadians on the Jays or even Raptors, but heaven forbid TFC or the Impact or the Whitecaps go a season with few Canadians and everybody seems to get up in arms lol!

That's more because people want to see Canadian soccer on international grow and for that to happen we need canadians playing at top levels (MLS) and if canadian teams don't who will(American teams won't becuase international slot)? Canada is already pretty decently ranked world wide in hockey, basketball and baseball so it isn't as much of an issue but soccer no...granted it is a lot harder in soccer due to way more competition.

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 05:17 PM
2-2 7th inning.

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 05:21 PM
Kurtis Larson Verified account ‏@KurtLarSUN

(https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) Sebastian Giovinco's flight from Rome arrived a little after 4 p.m., I'm told. I'm expecting him to be available off bench for TFC tonight.

OgtheDim
10-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Bradley out with a "minor groin issue". 4-2-3-1.

Playing for the tie.

The stadium is REALLY empty.

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 21m21 minutes ago

(https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/654416452145942528) The @BacardiCanada (https://twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Konopka; Morrow, Perquis, Williams, Jackson; Cheyrou, Warner; Morgan, Osorio, Delgado; Gomez

(https://twitter.com/torontofc) #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash) Bench: Bendik, Hagglund, Zavaleta, Kantari, Altidore, Giovinco, Moore.

SoccMan2
10-14-2015, 05:37 PM
So Bradley was released because he was injured not because of tonight's game lol, going to be a long night.

stevep
10-14-2015, 06:00 PM
jose bautista

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 06:10 PM
4-2-3-1. Just as I wanted.

brad
10-14-2015, 06:24 PM
This game is going to set a record low for attendance.

SenorDingDong
10-14-2015, 06:30 PM
The low attendance had to be expected guys. Especially with how insane this Jays game is.

TFC attendance will pick up if they make the p******s. The Roof next year will help out a lot too I think.

pdubs
10-14-2015, 06:32 PM
https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst/status/654437889606942720

ag futbol
10-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Jackson has to get rid of the ball earlier and stop trying to dribble 3 guys all the time.

Edit: who gives a yellow for time wasting 26 minutes into the first half in a zero-zero game?!

pdubs
10-14-2015, 06:45 PM
i saw some jersey tug i think lol

edit- not a pen. Dive city USA

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 06:47 PM
WTF is going on?!! Giovinco red carded on the bench ?!!!

ag futbol
10-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Altidore red card from the bench?!? WTF

pdubs
10-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Is this ref from Orlando?

WestStandGeoff
10-14-2015, 06:51 PM
What could he possibly have said that merits a straight red?

ensco
10-14-2015, 07:11 PM
So what did I miss?

SenorDingDong
10-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Altidore got a red on the bench. At the moment I have no idea why.

Richard
10-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Apparently for verbal abuse of the sideline official....

ag futbol
10-14-2015, 07:18 PM
"didn't like what he had to say about the missed penalty call"

Yet again we're let down by minimally paid officials who can't handle the intensity of a professional game vs. a men's league outing.

ronzilla
10-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Wow beautiful goal !!!!!

SenorDingDong
10-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Gomez on the board!

Let's make it back to back wins tonight boys.

Couchy81
10-14-2015, 07:27 PM
holy shit gomez. lets wrap this shit up!

SenorDingDong
10-14-2015, 07:30 PM
I feel like a lot more seats are filled now at the TFC game now that the Jays are over haha.

Couchy81
10-14-2015, 07:33 PM
I feel like a lot more seats are filled now at the TFC game now that the Jays are over haha.

Would have been sooner if that 7th inning didn't last 45 minutes

aajking
10-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Jackson has been killin' it on RB

CommradePolski
10-14-2015, 07:39 PM
EDIT: Youtube tag seems to be playing dumb, heres the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYQQoYfMtQ

Eastend
10-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Don't agree with this. Team is playing well. Why risk Seba at this point?

SenorDingDong
10-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Giovinco comes on. What a champ. His plane landed only a few hours ago lol.

SenorDingDong
10-14-2015, 07:52 PM
oh my god. Giovinco just scored a ridiculous goal.

ensco
10-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Stirring the pot.

I love this guy.

Couchy81
10-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Oh my GOODNESS.

Best goal of the season?

Sebastian Giovinco best player to grace our presence in our history.