PDA

View Full Version : Draft picks in Guevara trade

TorontoBlades
05-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Has anyone any information on the draft picks and the conditions that determine which draft picks Chivas would get for Guevara.

It all water under the bridge and I wouldn't give away Guevara for anything, but I just want to know if the San Jose draft pick was even considered to be part of the equation. I don't want to have to give up that pick....I kinda can't wait to see OBW in a TFC stripe next season.

noochie
05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I believe it was a 2nd rounder in '09 and a 2nd rounder in '10

Canadian Blue
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
who is OBW?

Damien
05-16-2008, 12:03 PM
who is OBW?

Obi Wan ;)

UltraFootyKWC
05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
O'Brien White

He's a Canadian soccer player who currently plays in the NCAA, but I can't remember for what school. He will be up for draft next season, and it would be nice to see us pick him up.

ensco
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
it's less than two second round picks

on the old board, BBtB speculated that it wasn't disclosed because it would embarass Chivas, so he assumed it was 3rd or 4th round picks....

mlsintoronto responded "something like that"

Velvet Elvis
05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
O'Brien White

He's a Canadian soccer player who currently plays in the NCAA, but I can't remember for what school. He will be up for draft next season, and it would be nice to see us pick him up.

O'Brian White plays for the University of Conneticut Huskies.

Stoda
05-16-2008, 12:25 PM
is OBW someone worth picking up as the first pick in the entire draft? I would think he would be safe until our next pick because of international status no?

JDG
05-16-2008, 12:27 PM
The details have not officially been disclosed. You guess is not correct.
The details will not be disclosed, because Chivas doesn't need to know that they got SFA.

Cashcleaner
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
O'Brien White

You forgot to mention that according to all the medi we've seen, this guy is the shit!

O'Brien for TFC has to on the top of the wishlist for Carver.

Don Julio
05-16-2008, 01:10 PM
If OBW is expected to go first it's likely that we could trade up for him.. We have 2 firsts after all, and we could likely include a top 2-5 pick anyway..

Broadview
05-16-2008, 01:28 PM
is OBW someone worth picking up as the first pick in the entire draft? I would think he would be safe until our next pick because of international status no?

Last season he won the award for the best player in NCAA. The soccer heisman? Whatever it's called. And he's gonna get better for another year. I say TFC should defo grab him the first chance they get. Don't taker any chances on losing out on a quality young player who happens to be Canadian.

Laurignano
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Its true!!! I cant wiat to see him in Canadian colours, we need to def. add some youth to our squad.

ccopela
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
He's not actually Canadian. He lives in Toronto in the offseason but he has played internationally for Jamaica. We won't see him in Canadian colours ever because he's older than 21 now i believe.

Cashcleaner
05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
who is OBW?

A man with two last names! :D

Laurignano
05-16-2008, 06:34 PM
He's not actually Canadian. He lives in Toronto in the offseason but he has played internationally for Jamaica. We won't see him in Canadian colours ever because he's older than 21 now i believe.
so he doesnt have a canadian citizenship?!