PDA

View Full Version : Game 31 - Nuit Rouge - TFC vs Philly Oct 3 5 pm Sportsnet

OgtheDim
09-27-2015, 09:44 AM
This should be fun.

Sunset game. A chance to all but cement our playoffs

Easy? Of course not. Union has Conor Casey - so that's a goal probably right there.

And Philly just went to NER and tied them on that pitch, playing a bunch of subs in preparation for their USOC match this week.

But, we are the superior team and should win at our house.

Areathrasher
09-27-2015, 10:03 AM
They win the Cup during the week and their hangover continues into Saturday.

Joe Kool
09-27-2015, 10:33 AM
We were supposed to be the superior team this past Saturday against Chicago and it was not convincing at all in my opinion and we were fortunate to win thegame. We can't take any team lightly. Hopefully we can beat Philly though for sure.

ronzilla
09-27-2015, 10:34 AM
If the Reds could get decent results from the remaining games, they should be able to finish 2nd or 3rd respectively, needless to say, that it also depends on the outcomes of other teams. Red Bulls more than likely will have 1st place locked.

The CB's need to stay in their position at all costs. Too much floating out wide (Perquis) that is leaking goals at the back.

ronzilla
09-27-2015, 10:39 AM
We were supposed to be the superior team this past Saturday against Chicago and it was not convincing at all in my opinion and we were fortunate to win thegame. We can't take any team lightly. Hopefully we can beat Philly though for sure.

I think we beat Philly 1-0 last time and we didn't create enough chances and struggled to get into the box. Seba's rocket launch goal was the only difference.

BelfastBoy
09-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Can we not just play Prekiball from here on out. Just long ball up to Giovinco and Altidore and get a few more results.

akoto
09-27-2015, 10:46 AM
I think we beat Philly 1-0 last time and we didn't create enough chances and struggled to get into the box. Seba's rocket launch goal was the only difference.

The last game was the 2-1 game in July with Giovinco's golf celebration and Connor Casey scoring in the 91st. Still, not a dominating performance.

notthesun
09-27-2015, 11:01 AM
I'd like to see Jackson at RB for this. Besides that I'm ok with no other changes. It's a bit of a toss up at RM between Findley, Warner and Delgado, but I'd actually be fine with Findley starting. He's slightly turned it around lately... not enough to justify bringing him back mind you, but enough for me to be ok with him starting while he's in acceptable form. It's nice to have a little speed on the wing.

OgtheDim
09-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Right now, I don't care about dominating. Superior teams should win.

Want 3 points - pretty ball can wait. Get that win and then the boys can either take the time off or go away for INT duty until we play 2 in 4 days against NER and C-Bus.

akoto
09-27-2015, 02:42 PM
If we want to go anywhere in the playoffs we shouldn't be barely getting by the worst teams in the league. Superior teams win those games easily.

molenshtain
09-27-2015, 02:44 PM
If we want to go anywhere in the playoffs we shouldn't be barely getting by the worst teams in the league. Superior teams win those games easily.

So how about the red bulls losing 5-2 at home to Orlando? or Vancouver losing at home to NYCFC?

A win is a win.

akoto
09-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Not sure why you singled out my post when OgtheDim's point that superior teams get the win and mine that those teams don't just squeeze by aren't any less relevant because of those two results.

molenshtain
09-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Not sure why you singled out my post when OgtheDim's point that superior teams get the win and mine that those teams don't just squeeze by aren't any less relevant because of those two results.

because you used the word 'easily'. By law of averages, the team higher up in the standings at this point in the season usually wins. But there are very few easy wins in this league, and starting the narrative that the next game is a failure unless we win 'easily' is pointless. better teams than us will lose to worse teams than philly and it won't be the end of the world. No point in holding us to such a high standard.

OgtheDim
09-27-2015, 03:38 PM
I get what you are saying akoto. My point is that as the superior team, we should be getting the win here. How we do that though means little.

The only narrative that should matter is about getting into the playoffs. Once that's done, its about where we finish. How we get there means nothing right now. (unless you are a team like DCU who are sliding)

The playoff games themselves are part of tournament football and are a very different kettle of fish compared to the season (insert pookie comment here :) )

Where we will go on a game by game basis will depend upon those things we all analyse - defence, tactics, who plays what, who plays how. But, ultimately, its about the result.

This is the part of the learning curve for us supporters as we move from an also ran who usually is flaming out right now and a team in the playoffs. To be expected - we are not used to this.

This is what we wanted. To have meaningful games in October. And that means the emphasis we all place on analysing aspects of TFC's game is going to be reduced.

When you think about it, that's what game threads are - an analysis of why a result did or did not happen. Its just because the season is so long, we tend to look at results as a progression of those things we analyse.

When it comes to results from here on in though, there is only one thing that matters - get the results necessary. And if that means winning ugly against inferior teams, so be it. And when it comes to game expectations, being the superior team means we should expect a win. Is it going to happen? :noidea: This league is unpredictable. But how we win does not matter now as much as winning.

akoto
09-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I too get your point OgtheDim, but saying it doesn't matter how we win but it does for DCU kind of discredits it. If a win is a win for us, a win is a win for every other team in the league. Anyways, my original point wasn't to derail this thread and create something negative, I was simply replying to ronzilla who had posted that our last meeting was a 1-0 win and it was actually the 2-1 win at BMO where we won despite having almost every stat against us.

Anyways, lets take this back to the topic at hand, the game on Saturday.

Cashcleaner
09-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Yeah, despite their position in the standings, Philly could end up being a pretty tough opponent next Saturday. Mentioned how they played New England to a draw away, but they've posted a few other great results over the last few games. Out of their last matches, they have a record of 2-1-1 and have racked up 6 goals, so they're definitely trending well in the trailing end of the season. Like Chicago before them, though, they do have a mid-week match they're playing away on Wednesday, so they could be coming into Toronto with some fatigue.

SKB
09-27-2015, 10:51 PM
I watched the PHI vs NER game and it was only close in score. NER killed them but the PHI goalie played out of his mind. Made 2 or 3 out of this world saves. Otherwise NER wins by two goals. NER carved up PHI defense but could not beat the goalie.

Initial B
09-28-2015, 07:26 AM
I kind of have a good feeling about this game. Regardless of the outcome, Philly should be mentally and emotionally drained from the USOC final. I think they'll probably come out flat and TFC will capitalize on that.

Fort York Redcoat
09-28-2015, 09:17 AM
I kind of have a good feeling about this game. Regardless of the outcome, Philly should be mentally and emotionally drained from the USOC final. I think they'll probably come out flat and TFC will capitalize on that.

Oh nooooooooooooo! A positive prediction, B??g:D

Really, though, love the confidence.:thumbsup:

ManUtd4ever
09-28-2015, 09:22 AM
On paper, this is the easiest of our remaining matches. I doubt it will be easy, but 3 points is a must.

ronzilla
09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Haha I like how the word p-l-a-y-o-f-f is blanked out on this forum.

barticusz
09-28-2015, 01:54 PM
In town from Edmonton and plan on sitting in your section! Can't wait for the game. Been a few years since my last TFC match.

SKB
09-29-2015, 12:17 AM
This is a must win and hopefully we will secure a p****** position. After this game the last 3 games are teams with winning records and we have not shown well. We could easily lose the last 3 games of the season.

Oldtimer
09-29-2015, 12:52 AM
I think people here should remember that all except the last game is at home. The home advantage in this league is huge.

FRANKIE65
09-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Slightly off topic, but, if Seba is going to get that 5th yellow card it may as well be in this game. I'd rather he miss the match against NYRB then Columbus, or, Montreal.
On a more optimistic note, hopefully, he never gets it period.
Another huge match on the march to the "p word":scarf:

gmacpheetfc
09-29-2015, 07:43 AM
There are lots of 12 dollar tickets on stubhub

Discostu81
09-29-2015, 08:00 AM
There are lots of 12 dollar tickets on stubhub

Which is probably $20 once all the fees are added and it's converted to CA$...I didn't notice Stubhub is in US$ and got stung for some concert tickets the other day. DOH!

Pint
09-29-2015, 08:02 AM
So a saturday night PIayoffs (as close as i could get to undoing Fizik's wizardry) clinch would be amazing. Right now the MTL vs Orlando game is listed as on TVA... anyone know if anywhere in liberty has that channel?

Yohan
09-29-2015, 08:16 AM
So a saturday night PIayoffs (as close as i could get to undoing Fizik's wizardry) clinch would be amazing. Right now the game is listed as on TVA... anyone know if anywhere in liberty has that channel?
its on sportsnet 360

Pint
09-29-2015, 08:28 AM
its on sportsnet 360

sorry meant to say the mtl vs orlando game... 730 start so right from BMO to somewhere to hopefully see everything fall into place

JollyBenjabi
09-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Cheer loud boys and gals! I'll be in Chicago for a wedding, but I'll be tapped into my phone or iPad trying to stream this game as the wife gets ready! #COYR Let's get it done!

michaeltfc91
09-29-2015, 09:57 AM
sorry meant to say the mtl vs orlando game... 730 start so right from BMO to somewhere to hopefully see everything fall into place

Basically TFC are going to beat Phili on Saturday and then Orlando will tie or lose to Montreal and the result will be final at 9:30pm Saturday night and thus we will finally clinch a p****** birth. Where is the parade and how many thousands are we expecting?

TFC1154ever
09-29-2015, 10:06 AM
Just a question, does yellow card accumulation continue into the p******s? Like if Seba doesn't get a yellow card for the rest of the season, is he still 1 yellow card away in the p******s?

OgtheDim
09-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Oh GAWD :eek6:

Toronto FC v Philadelphia Union
BMO Field (5:00pm EDT)
REF: RICARDO SALAZAR

Go watch the highlights of last week's Vancouver vs NYCFC match.

Fort York Redcoat
09-29-2015, 10:08 AM
p******s? We talking p******s?

THIS is P******S BABY, P******S!!!

Ridiculous.g:D

notthesun
09-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Uhhhh...

https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/648912720683790338

OgtheDim
09-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Meh... young man tweets something vague as a response and then rethinks it through.

Initial B
09-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Oh nooooooooooooo! A positive prediction, B??g:D

Really, though, love the confidence.:thumbsup:

Not confidence, per se. Cautious optimism, perhaps? :)

notthesun
09-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Meh... young man tweets something vague as a response and then rethinks it through.

Seemed odd of him to say that in a public tweet. But he did take it down quickly, and I think I'll do the same.

Areathrasher
09-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Anyone else think he was taking the piss out of the Perquis/Larson situation then deleted it when he thought people might not get the joke?

Richard
09-29-2015, 01:20 PM
What was the tweet?

Pint
09-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Anyone else think he was taking the piss out of the Perquis/Larson situation then deleted it when he thought people might not get the joke?

90% yes, 10% he is pissed off that people keep talking shit about his team.

Areathrasher
09-29-2015, 01:25 PM

TFC/Everton
09-29-2015, 01:33 PM

What was the tweet?

notthesun
09-29-2015, 01:38 PM
He responded to Molinaro tweeting a link to his latest article (http://t.co/y8Nhn7caEu) by saying Molinaro should come into the dressing room and talk with the team.

I don't know if he was being serious or joking, but I myself thought it was odd of Molinaro to come out with a mostly negative article on the back of two straight TFC wins. I don't even disagree with the content really, just the timing of it made me feel like it was creeping into "cheap shot" territory.

PopePouri
09-29-2015, 02:01 PM

Most likely the case.

Red I
09-29-2015, 02:06 PM
What was the Perquis/Larson situation?

OgtheDim
09-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Methinks this is kinda off topic for a game thread.

pdubs
09-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Won't be able to see the game (golfing bah)

Hope we can lock a p****** spot to just get over that hump. As always, not worried about the offense be defensively I hope we show some grit. Not sure if Bendik should be given a look? Like Jackson at RB, but if Morgan is fit I would lean more of Morrow at RB, Morgan LB.

molenshtain
09-29-2015, 02:23 PM
What was the Perquis/Larson situation?

Perquis yelled at Larson at a post game press conference.

Red4ever
09-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Methinks this is kinda off topic for a game thread.

You're not a mod. And it is based on a lead up to a big game, so yeah it's close enough to topic.

OgtheDim
09-29-2015, 03:48 PM
You're not a mod. And it is based on a lead up to a big game, so yeah it's close enough to topic.

"Methinks" indicates its my opinion but fair enough.

OgtheDim
09-29-2015, 07:39 PM
4 day away weather, which as the Rick Mercer skit says (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA), is just throwing darts, indicates 13 degrees as a high on Saturday with a 40% chance of rain.

jazzy
09-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Slightly off topic, but, if Seba is going to get that 5th yellow card it may as well be in this game. I'd rather he miss the match against NYRB then Columbus, or, Montreal.
On a more optimistic note, hopefully, he never gets it period.
Another huge match on the march to the "p word":scarf:

he simply has to play in Montreal !

GhostKiller
09-30-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm nervous for this game. The Union are a much better team then people give them credit for. I don't think they are p****** contenders but they are more then capable of playing spoiler.
They have only lost once in September and that was by a goal to Columbus on the road. Beating Huston at home and SJ on the road while earning a tie in New England.
Hopefully the Open Cup game wares them out.

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Oh GAWD :eek6:

Toronto FC v Philadelphia Union
BMO Field (5:00pm EDT)
REF: RICARDO SALAZAR

Go watch the highlights of last week's Vancouver vs NYCFC match.

That was a straight up shitshow. Didn't really think of Salazar as one of the trouble refs but he had a terrible day at the office for that match.

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2015, 01:03 PM
I'm nervous for this game. The Union are a much better team then people give them credit for. I don't think they are p****** contenders but they are more then capable of playing spoiler.
They have only lost once in September and that was by a goal to Columbus on the road. Beating Huston at home and SJ on the road while earning a tie in New England.
Hopefully the Open Cup game wares them out.

Can't start out shaky like vs Chicago because could be much tougher to get back on top in vs Philly. If match vs Chicago was a (mouse) trap game, this one is a (bear) trap game.

ronzilla
09-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Are yellow cards reset to zero when regular season ends ?

zeelaw
09-30-2015, 03:12 PM
http://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/008/758/618/i_like_the_way_snrub_thinks-2649.jpg?rect=119,0,716,716&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max

Oldtimer
09-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Are yellow cards reset to zero when regular season ends ?

No. But a yellow card accumulation during the regular season only is applied to regular season games. Presumably a suspension earned on the last regular season game day would be served the first game day of the following season:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-committee-principles-parameters

(http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-committee-principles-parameters)
Regular Season Caution Accumulation

Fines and suspensions will be levied against players for yellow card accumulations during the Regular Season as follows: 1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 2) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for FIVE (5) cards: $500 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 3) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a second game: $750 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 4) Player accrues additional two (2) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a third game: $1000 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 5)For each two (2) yellow cards thereafter, Player will be fined $1000 and suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game.

(http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-committee-principles-parameters)

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Weather could be an issue. Windy, chilly, but low chance of rain (thankfully).

Red CB Toronto
10-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Great scenario for TFC last evening with the Union going 120 minutes in the The US Open Cup final, which they lost to KC. The Reds could very well be facing a tired bunch ready for the taking.

Fort York Redcoat
10-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Great scenario for TFC last evening with the Union going 120 minutes in the The US Open Cup final, which they lost to KC. The Reds could very well be facing a tired bunch ready for the taking.

Happy day!

OgtheDim
10-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Weather update - 49 hours from now and they are calling for 13 degrees, strong winds out of the east (42Km/h) and a 40% chance of rain from about game time until well into the night.

On a day like that, the roof will be no good for people in the West and South.

OgtheDim
10-01-2015, 04:41 PM
FWIW
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQQxUlSWgAAhKx3.png

Auzzy
10-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Weather update - 49 hours from now and they are calling for 13 degrees, strong winds out of the east (42Km/h) and a 40% chance of rain from about game time until well into the night.

Weather Network for Toronto Islands has the chance of rain dropping, only 30% chance until 11pm on Saturday. Fingers crossed. Rain isn't so nice when you have 12/13 degrees with strong winds, around 9 degrees with the wind chill...

Ivy
10-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Weather Network for Toronto Islands has the chance of rain dropping, only 30% chance until 11pm on Saturday. Fingers crossed. Rain isn't so nice when you have 12/13 degrees with strong winds, around 9 degrees with the wind chill...
Drink more, Jump more, sing louder.
Shirts off.

Wowza youre up. (Get a tan)

GonfiaLaRete
10-01-2015, 06:08 PM
No excuse for anyone not to be at this game. If you cant go give your tickets away. Could be THE game!!

Bristolred
10-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I have more fun in the rain. It's great, though I usually stay at a mates/drive. I'm getting the GO bus back to Barrie after, so would rather not be soaking wet. Haha

ronzilla
10-01-2015, 06:49 PM
No rain. Will be overcast and cold.

Auzzy
10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Oh I'll be there regardless of the weather, and I'll stay through everything! I still would rather not have rain though!

Pint
10-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Rain games you need 3 things:

1. change of clothes
2. Garbage back to put backpack containing said change of clothes
3. zip lock for phone

sorry 4 things

4. lots of beer

notthesun
10-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Philadelphia just dumped their CEO, Nick Sakiewicz.

pawlukj
10-02-2015, 12:07 AM
what are the implications of this game? someone said this may be THE game, what is meant by that? if we win we make the p******s?? is that it?

molenshtain
10-02-2015, 12:22 AM
what are the implications of this game? someone said this may be THE game, what is meant by that? if we win we make the p******s?? is that it?

two other likely results have to go our way later in the night. But yes, should those go our way and we win this game, this is THE game

Ivy
10-02-2015, 12:28 AM
DC vs NYC play Friday - we want a DC win or tie
MTL vs Orlando play right after us Saturday - we want a MTL win or tie.
Those 2 results combined with a TFC win will give us p******s.

Red4ever
10-02-2015, 12:54 AM
To be fair though, I'd rather have Montreal and DC lose. I wanna clinch, but I'd rather have the teams closer to us in the standings lose games.

It's been 8 years I can wait another week and a half if it gives us an easier time in the show.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-02-2015, 02:13 AM
To be fair though, I'd rather have Montreal and DC lose. I wanna clinch, but I'd rather have the teams closer to us in the standings lose games.

It's been 8 years I can wait another week and a half if it gives us an easier time in the show.

im with you

Ivy
10-02-2015, 05:05 AM
^ ban them both.

OgtheDim
10-02-2015, 05:54 AM
The east is such a schmozzle, I think the only thing we can do is win and watch the rest of the demolition derby.

Cashcleaner
10-02-2015, 07:35 AM
No rain. Will be overcast and cold.

And possibly fairly windy. I'm pretty confident the rain will hold, but we could have other weather silliness going on by kick-off time.

Ruffian
10-02-2015, 08:53 AM

I agree. I want to see a home p****** game!

Lennon
10-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Surf's up! g:D
Expect conditions to be similar to that of the game vs. DC.

http://i.imgur.com/IqVw2Os.jpg

GonfiaLaRete
10-02-2015, 10:53 AM
^ ban them both.
hahaha

pawlukj
10-02-2015, 03:01 PM
we have the best MLS player in history combined with some very nice pieces if we cant make the p******s im going to go bezerk

jabbronies
10-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Rain games you need 3 things:

1. change of clothes
2. Garbage back to put backpack containing said change of clothes
3. zip lock for phone

sorry 4 things

4. lots of beer

I'll be wearing:

Rain boots - for obvious reasons
A warm pair of socks - cos It'll be fucking cold
Poncho - for obvious reasons
Rain Jacket - cos ponchos are not 100% fool proof sometimes.
Splash pants - Your pants will get wet - if there is a break in the weather, there's a better chance it could dry up and you'll be more comfortable
Long johns - cos It'll be fucking cold
Gloves - cos It'll be fucking cold
Sun Glasses - cos when the rain is coming down in your face it'll be easier to see the match

ronzilla
10-02-2015, 04:01 PM
I'll be wearing:

Splash pants - Your pants will get wet - if there is a break in the weather, there's a better chance it could dry up and you'll be more comfortable
Sun Glasses - cos when the rain is coming down in your face it'll be easier to see the match

4-5 beers problem solved g:D :drinking:

Ivy
10-02-2015, 05:43 PM
I'll be wearing:

wtf?
or bring none of that stuff... Bring a 26er of vodka and a ziplock bag for your phone ��

pawlukj
10-02-2015, 05:44 PM
this is a must win and they have to do well going into red bulls and columbus, in all honesty i feel the team got together too late into the season for them to mold together as well as they should, in all hoensty, they look too lost out there as in they dont have a solid coach above em, its sad to say because i like coach vanney but hes not the greatest at molding a team or providing with pregame motivation, hes more good at strategy and reiterating games, i hope they can come together... i hope they can like elevate themselves to giovincos level.. looks like hes doing all the trickery out there everyone else standing around , you need jump to you if your going to bang a ball in

Ivy
10-02-2015, 05:58 PM
this is a must win and they have to do well going into red bulls and columbus, in all honesty i feel the team got together too late into the season for them to mold together as well as they should, in all hoensty, they look too lost out there as in they dont have a solid coach above em, its sad to say because i like coach vanney but hes not the greatest at molding a team or providing with pregame motivation, hes more good at strategy and reiterating games, i hope they can come together... i hope they can like elevate themselves to giovincos level.. looks like hes doing all the trickery out there everyone else standing around , you need jump to you if your going to bang a ball in
Just out of curiosity, do you work for TFC? How do you know what Vanney is like in the locker room?

OgtheDim
10-02-2015, 06:50 PM
If you havn't seen it, Travel News from TFC

Please note that due to the Fall Home Show & JFL 42 on Exhibition Place grounds parking will be limited. It is recommended that all fans attending this game take public transit. Please allow yourself extra time when travelling to BMO Field.

I get that people are going to be late cause that's what people do but for GOD'S SAKE JUST EFFEN LEAVE HOME REALLY EARLY WHY DON"T YA!

GonfiaLaRete
10-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Unforunately most TFC fans dont read this board so wont know that this warning is en effect. Will just make the late crowd bigger. Game is at 5.....Leave at 2:30. Boom! Success!

Pint
10-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Leave at 230... be at a bar in liberty village having a drink at 230.

GonfiaLaRete
10-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Leave at 230... be at a bar in liberty village having a drink at 230.

For the late goers im talking about. Those people will never leave home at 2:30 nevermind being in liberty village at a bar at that time.

Super
10-02-2015, 08:03 PM
DC vs NYC play Friday - we want a DC win or tie
MTL vs Orlando play right after us Saturday - we want a MTL win or tie.
Those 2 results combined with a TFC win will give us p******s.

DC just won 2-1 over NYCFC. So that means we win, and MTL draw or win following our game tomorrow, and we clinch the play-off spot? Sounds good to me.

Ivy
10-02-2015, 08:08 PM
DC just won 2-1 over NYCFC. So that means we win, and MTL draw or win following our game tomorrow, and we clinch the play-off spot? Sounds good to me.
Yup.
We can even tie tomorrow, as long as Orlando lose.

Super
10-02-2015, 08:24 PM
I wonder the if the Orlando vs. MTL game is going to be on at a pub anywhere downtown tomorrow. Would be great to watch that game following (hopefully) a TFC win. Would make for a special night in our history!

OgtheDim
10-02-2015, 08:27 PM
I wonder the if the Orlando vs. MTL game is going to be on at a pub anywhere downtown tomorrow. ,,,

Its on TVA sports - I'm a cord cutter so have no clue if people get that in any package or not.

Ivy
10-02-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm going to ask Joe tomorrow if they'll show it there. I'd love to celebrate a p****** berth with @busapunk. Shamgling.

GonfiaLaRete
10-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Lots of tickets available for tomorrow. It is strange. The better we do, the more seats available and they are the "cheapest" I have seen them all year too. Second Level East are going for 30 bucks on the top and corners. Obviously that is the price they should always be but still. Just the idea of crap weather scares people off

Qman
10-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Lots of tickets available for tomorrow. It is strange. The better we do, the more seats available and they are the "cheapest" I have seen them all year too. Second Level East are going for 30 bucks on the top and corners. Obviously that is the price they should always be but still. Just the idea of crap weather scares people off

and ML$E isn't showing/releasing all the unsold's on ticketmaster as per usual ... 15,000 tops

pawlukj
10-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Ivey :

1) the team out on the pitch for alot of the season dont look completely cohesive and thats coaching
2) Ive seen some pregame lockerroom stuff and I cant knock any coach for being how they are but to me it seemed he was a little weak to be fair
3)post-game interviews are usually light and I find he reiterates alot of things and about positions and such but i havent seen anything that would i duno motivate i guess
I think the guy is a great guy , and also a great coach, he knows his junk , but he lacks in my opinion that touch that provides for a cohesive team i have seen much football in my time lately and i m accurate i believe , i am not saying to get rid of him however i dont think hes maximized the personelle we have well see, i mean its already late in the season and I feel we havent seen the season that I wanted to see thats just my opinion is the team good yeah but i thought we could do better

OgtheDim
10-03-2015, 06:31 AM
GAME DAY :scarf:

Weather

COLD 12 with a wind chill to 8

WINDY 45km/h gusts out of the east

A 40% CHANCE OF WET

Construction - the usual Gardiner stuff

Congestion - the Ex is going to be BUSY with a lot of other stuff, there's Nuit Blanche tonight :jester::hat::party: , and another Taylor Swift concert this evening.

So, expect to pay LOT for parking (talk of $50 charges last night near the Dome), show up early, and wander back towards the downtown core afterwards for some frivolity.

Lennon
10-03-2015, 07:06 AM

This is strongly correlated with the weather. Nice sunny day? $30. Cold and wet? $7.

stevep
10-03-2015, 07:19 AM

same basic forecast now but forgot to mentions feels like 8

OgtheDim
10-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Until people get used again to outdoor sports that mean something in the fall, prices on the resale will remain low in Sept October.

Its been over 25 years since there have been meaningful sports in this city outside at this time of year.

Eventually word will get out about what the atmosphere can be like in the Fall - until then, this remains a summer time or indoor sports town.

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm going to ask Joe tomorrow if they'll show it there. I'd love to celebrate a p****** berth with @busapunk. Shamgling.

So. Much. Footy.

http://i.imgur.com/3lqH5wB.gif

Ruffian
10-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Yup.
We can even tie tomorrow, as long as Orlando lose.

If we tie today then NYCFC can still catch us.

OgtheDim
10-03-2015, 09:34 AM

Nope.

We are 6 points ahead of them. They have 2 games to play. And we have 3 more wins then them, which is the first tie breaker. Even if we lose out and they win out, they can't beat us

Worst we can finish is 7th.

brad
10-03-2015, 10:40 AM

So what you are telling me I might have to cheer for Montreal today. I feel dirty....

Ivy
10-03-2015, 10:47 AM
They have 2 games left. 43 points maximum.

notthesun
10-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Jackson in at RB for Delgado, only change to our starters.

After Philly went 120 minutes in the midweek Open Cup final they have Nogueira, Le Toux and Barnetta all on the bench today.

evermorian
10-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Jackson in at RB for Delgado, only change to our starters.

After Philly went 120 minutes in the midweek Open Cup final they have Nogueira, Le Toux and Barnetta all on the bench today.

streams?

mowe
10-03-2015, 04:11 PM
streams?

Sky Sports feed: http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/toronto-fc-vs-philadelphia-union-live-streaming

notthesun
10-03-2015, 04:31 PM
I think Altidore has tried to flick every single pass into his feet today.

ag futbol
10-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Dude seems to invent reasons not to shoot at times.

Think that goes down as an OG.

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I'll take that, not pretty but great

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Jez we r so on top on here. Need to get a 2nd whilst on top. BTW that's not seba goal complete og

Ajax TFC
10-03-2015, 04:46 PM
How did Findley not get on the end of that?

jloome
10-03-2015, 04:47 PM

That stat is astounding: 11 goals on only 15 shots all season.

He should have over fifty shots, easy.

jloome
10-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Holy shit, Andre Blake is a monster.

mowe
10-03-2015, 04:57 PM
What a save by Blake, destined for the top corner.

notthesun
10-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Great save, had he guessed Giovinco was going over the wall at all he wouldn't have been able to get it.

Philadelphia with zero threat going forward, score one more and this thing's over.

ronzilla
10-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Anyone see Konopka ?

Oldtimer
10-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Good strategy by Vanney for the first half, stretching the field wide. Zero shots on the TFC goal.

notthesun
10-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Jackson offers a lot at RB going forward and he's always tenacious defensively. This is probably our starting back line for the rest of the season.

Redcoe15
10-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Philadelphia are a buncha thugs, hackin' away at Gio in the first half. I wanna see them pay in the second half with a couple of goals from Gio!

ronzilla
10-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Jez we r so on top on here. Need to get a 2nd whilst on top. BTW that's not seba goal complete og

That was deflection. Complete Seba goal.

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:17 PM
That was deflection. Complete Seba goal.

Gladly give it myself but it was going wide so tech an og.

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Can we sign their keeper lol

MightyDM
10-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Jackson offers a lot at RB going forward and he's always tenacious defensively. This is probably our starting back line for the rest of the season.

Would be the right choice. Delgado should be fighting Findley and Gomez for minutes.

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:20 PM
He hasn't had much to do but I have heart attacks anytime the ball goes near perquis

ronzilla
10-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Perquis having a great game

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:27 PM

I agree. He has made countless last ditch tackles and if it weren't for him we'd be getting beat

tfcfans
10-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Nice and calm.....

notthesun
10-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Fantastic finish from Altidore. Finally a nice cross from Delgado, and Jackson creates the chance with his defensive work.

Also Osorio is looking like a real player lately... that back heel move he pulled a few minutes ago was incredible.

Oldtimer
Nice and calm.....

Well placed goal by Altidore.

mowe
Horrific defending, but good composure by Altidore.

And Philly are right back in it! Last 25 minutes will be intense.

jloome
10-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Osorio is having an amazing game.

Ajax TFC
10-03-2015, 05:35 PM
That's what he does. Now tell me Gilberto would have scored that

Ajax TFC
10-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Was that their first attempt?

burlington Red
hmmmmmm

Oldtimer
Pffft. No clean sheet.

Ajax TFC
10-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Its amazing that no one has tried running at our back line before with the ball.

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Osorio stepping up big time

ag futbol
10-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Someone has to finish that. What on earth are Delgado and Braldey doing?

Ajax TFC
10-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Altidore can't be holding off a shot for Delgado. Take it yourself

Couchy81
10-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Slightly off topic but games like today from Osorio remind me team Canada needs a new coach.

ronzilla
10-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Impressive dribbling skills from Osorio but he can't hit a fckn barn

Couchy81
10-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Impressive dribbling skills from Osorio but he can't hit a fckn barn

True but that's not his role.

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:54 PM

Exactly

burlington Red
10-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Take a bow osorio

charlieocc
10-03-2015, 05:59 PM
I love you Oso

Oldtimer
10-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Fantastic play by Osorio.

tfcfans
10-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Yay.....a potentially fitting clinching goal for the first ever pla***s for this franchise....

charlieocc
10-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Are we gonna have a game thread for the OCSC game tonight?

notthesun
Osorio Man of the Match. What a performance from him. He's taken a step to the next level this season.

ag futbol
Osorio is a sponge ... Guy never wastes a ball

ronzilla

Yeah no shit.

Oldtimer
10-03-2015, 06:02 PM
For sure.

ag futbol
10-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Professional performance for the most part. Thought we picked our spots well and managed things appropriately once we came away with an early lead.

aajking
10-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Great fluidity and balance in the squad today. And OSO, yeahhh budday! He's been proper.

boozilla
10-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Osario was really effective. Wish he had a better finishing touch. Findley lacked confidence going forward. Good sub by Vanney by bringing in Delgado. Philly were terrible tonight and were deservedly punished.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Osorio is having an amazing game.
If only he could shoot/finish. He wouldn't be here long if that was the case. Could still happen

ronzilla
10-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Its all about consistency.

Oso was good tonight but he tanked all the previous games. He's getting better is a good sign.

backbeat
10-03-2015, 07:44 PM
best team performance yet.

Oso and Jackson MOTM - they were both brilliant....solid back 4 - bradley controlled and altidore looked great holding

best team effort to date imho

OgtheDim
10-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Doyle showing Jozy had a good game coming back. Actually, I thought both forwards played excellent defence tonight.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/10/03/armchair-analyst-after-season-tinkering-toronto-fc-finally-find-their-formula

ag futbol
10-03-2015, 08:13 PM

Oso was good tonight but he tanked all the previous games. He's getting better is a good sign.
I don't know what you've been watching but after a slow start to the season, he's consistently been good.

aajking
10-03-2015, 08:16 PM

I don't know what you've been watching but after a slow start to the season, he's consistently been good.

Agreed. He's been a surprise compared to last year. Not just this game but over the past month at least. Seems like he may be learning footwork and confidence from Seba?

Jack
10-03-2015, 08:46 PM
We should beat this team, as we are a middle of the road team and they are shit. I'm happy we put in a convincing performance against them and I am enjoying the shit out of this, but my feet aren't leaving the ground yet. MLSE better not get too excited with price increases over a 5th place p****** team who only beats the league's losers...

Once is not enough and I have a long memory.

Auzzy
10-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Great game, except for some horrific finishing, and mostly poor free kicks & corner kicks. TFC coulda/shoulda had a few more goals. I was getting really worried that we would end up dropping points against a total crap Philly team (other than their goalie).

Really happy how it worked out though. We're going to need some points vs. an excellent NYRB team -- will be tough without Giovinco.

ManUtd4ever
10-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Convincing win against a sub par team. Glad to see Osorio getting much deserved recognition.

These last 3 home wins were huge for us in the standings. Lord knows we're not getting any help whatsoever from the out of town scoreboard.

OgtheDim
10-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Convincing win against a sub par team. Glad to see Osorio getting much deserved recognition.

These last 3 home wins were huge for us in the standings. Lord knows we're not getting any help whatsoever from the out of town scoreboard.

Actually, we really are getting a LOT tonight.

NYRB beating Columbus and Chicago beating NER and Orlando beating Montrael means

We are 4 up on Montreal with them only having only 1 game in hand.

We are within 1 of 2nd through 4th with a game in hand.

Of course, that game in hand is against NYRB and we will be without Gilberto but I'd rather be us then any of the other teams in the East.

Auzzy
10-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Actually, we really are getting a LOT tonight.

NYRB beating Columbus and Chicago beating NER and Orlando beating Montrael means

We are 4 up on Montreal with them only having only 1 game in hand.

We are within 1 of 2nd through 4th with a game in hand.

Of course, that game in hand is against NYRB and we will be without Gilberto but I'd rather be us then any of the other teams in the East.

LOL Freudian slip "w/o Gilberto" -- actually Gilberto was helping us from afar tonight, scored the insurance goal for Chicago vs. NE. :D

OgtheDim
10-03-2015, 09:52 PM
:blush: I think I was watching him score when I typed that. Seba, of course, will be not around for the NYRB game.

PopePouri
10-03-2015, 10:03 PM
God bless our young Canadian...

https://streamable.com/pb7m

Hamilton_Red
10-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Heading to TO later this week - will see the the next two home games. They will be the real test. Win vs Colimbus... Win or draw with NYRb . We can finish 2nd after beating Montreal.

Hamilton_Red
10-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Oso and Jackson were very good today. Real positive developments.

ronzilla
10-03-2015, 10:55 PM

Nope. This is his first impressive game. He has done very little all season.

ag futbol
10-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Nope. This is his first impressive game. He has done very little all season.
To each their own I guess. He was very, very good last game well. You need not look far.

ManUtd4ever
10-04-2015, 07:54 AM

This.

Goals and assists don't tell the entire story. Osorio has been an integral part of our offensive sequences. His ability to find the seams and work in tight spaces has been excellent.

kwhisperer
10-04-2015, 08:23 AM
:blush: I think I was watching him score when I typed that. Seba, of course, will be not around for the NYRB game.

Have we heard whether Bradley or Altidore will play the NYRB game? Both have been named to the USMNT squad for the games on the 10th and 13th

SKB
10-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Have we heard whether Bradley or Altidore will play the NYRB game? Both have been named to the USMNT squad for the games on the 10th and 13th

This game could be trouble. Potential for Bradley, Altidore and Giovinvo to out or even if they play at 1/2 speed because of jet lag and recovery time

shwade
10-04-2015, 10:30 AM
This game could be trouble. Potential for Bradley, Altidore and Giovinvo to out or even if they play at 1/2 speed because of jet lag and recovery time

The Costa Rica friendly is far from necessary. If bradley chooses to stay with the U.S for that one it'll be disappointing.

DinamoTFC
10-04-2015, 10:43 AM
The Costa Rica friendly is far from necessary. If bradley chooses to stay with the U.S for that one it'll be disappointing.

I agree. I understand and have no problem regarding the Mexico game, its very important to him. But for the friendly when TFC is tight in the p****** race for the first time ever, no chance should he be choosing a friendly over us. I would be extremely disappointed in our so called captain if he does.

OgtheDim
10-04-2015, 11:22 AM
He is not our "so called captain".

He is our captain.

He is also the USMNT captain.

I think he plays for us but if he doesn't, I would not be surprised. And he's still our captain even if he does.

kwhisperer
10-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Doesn't Serie A reschedule games frequently to deal with intentional duty?

DinamoTFC
10-04-2015, 12:26 PM
He is not our "so called captain".

He is our captain.

He is also the USMNT captain.

I think he plays for us but if he doesn't, I would not be surprised. And he's still our captain even if he does.

I have to disagree. He's the US captain and their leader during their meaningful games (hence Mexico and that's okay). He's our captain and our leader during our meaningful games. Choosing a friendly over our meaningful games isn't leading us when we need it. If we clinched then maybe I could understand, but a captain needs to lead us when it matters.

Yohan
10-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I have to disagree. He's the US captain and their leader during their meaningful games (hence Mexico and that's okay). He's our captain and our leader during our meaningful games. Choosing a friendly over our meaningful games isn't leading us when we need it. If we clinched then maybe I could understand, but a captain needs to lead us when it matters.
Bradley doesn't get to dictate during FIFA mandated dates... it's not like he's going to tell Klinsmann to piss off

DinamoTFC
10-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Bradley doesn't get to dictate during FIFA mandated dates... it's not like he's going to tell Klinsmann to piss off

You're right regarding the FIFA dates, slightly slipped my mind. But we've done the USMNT a favour and let Bradley go during non-FIFA dates, so it would be encouraging to see the same done for us and Bradley wanting it.

Pint
10-04-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't think Bradley has any say in the matter, it would be between TFC management and USSF to negotiate him being released back to us in time for for the 14th.

DinamoTFC
10-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Yea I hear you, and just to be clear I thought the Costa Rica friendly was outside the FIFA date like the Netherlands friendly was, for example.

kwhisperer
10-04-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't think Bradley has any say in the matter, it would be between TFC management and USSF to negotiate him being released back to us for in time for the 14th.

Seems counter-intuitive to pay guys millions of dollars and be in the beggar ' s position when it comes to getting them to forego a friendly to play one of the most important games in your club's history. Histrionics aside, I can't imagine we won't see Bradley and Altidore against NYRB - I know that game is too important to them.

Oldtimer
10-04-2015, 01:13 PM
That's true for all clubs. If you get good players you get call-ups. If you get a team made up of mostly "B" players guess what, no call-ups.

kwhisperer
10-04-2015, 01:26 PM
That's true for all clubs. If you get good players you get call-ups. If you get a team made up of mostly "B" players guess what, no call-ups.

Within MLS, yes, but other leagues do it differently - either via scheduling at the outset or, like Serie A, re-scheduling matches. The league really has to address this because it looks bush league if you don't have top talent for key games.

It's a dead horse right now, of course, and I'm confident we will see our captain and Altidore in the NYRB match.

PAOK17
10-04-2015, 01:32 PM
The real issue is that MLS doesn't conform to FIFA dates. It's rather annoying to hear MLS commentators say how if you want to be a big team, you have to learn to adjust for international call ups. No! It should be, if you (MLS) want to be a big league, then YOU have to learn to adjust for international call ups. And by adjust I mean adjust your schedule.

Missing players for games in big leagues is rare. The only thing I can think of is players during the African Nation's Cup. But that's missing a player once every two years. For us it's more like once every 2 months.

Finally, is it really that hard to have us do a winter season like Europe? We're already pushing our schedule well into December for the MLS Cup- the biggest match of the year. The only problem I potentially see (and it's a big one) is competing tv ratings during p******s as it would line up with NBA and NHL.

OgtheDim
10-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Well with the talk of MLS having more mid week games next season and ending earlier, hopefully we will see less of this sort of stuff

However, there is no way they can take off all the weeks of the World Cup and the Gold Cup (2022 is going to be really interesting with the MLS Cup Final likely having to be before the end of October - somewhere there is a 20 year old kid we are going to be right royally pissed about not being around for us as our DP in 7 years).

shwade
10-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Seems counter-intuitive to pay guys millions of dollars and be in the beggar ' s position when it comes to getting them to forego a friendly to play one of the most important games in your club's history. Histrionics aside, I can't imagine we won't see Bradley and Altidore against NYRB - I know that game is too important to them.

Agreed. As our Captain if you're foregoing one of the most important games in our history to play a friendly then that is telling. And it's not like Bradley has zero say in the matter - if his heart is set on the Toronto game then people would know.

molenshtain
10-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Agreed. As our Captain if you're foregoing one of the most important games in our history to play a friendly then that is telling. And it's not like Bradley has zero say in the matter - if his heart is set on the Toronto game then people would know.

He does have zero say in the matter. You think he's gonna stay captain under Klinsman if he starts declining call-ups on Fifa dates? He's balancing his duties as captain of his country and captain of this team as best he can.

spe18
10-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Well, FWIW, here is a tweet from Kurt Larson of moments ago:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/629420294898352128/n2sWMGhH_bigger.pngKurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/650779552042496000)
Word from USSF is that there will be "no decision" on roster changes until after 10/10. Leaves open possibility Jozy/Michael return. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)

ensco
10-04-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't believe Bradley or Altidore are playing for the US on Oct 13. But no one will say it out loud, as the USMNT have ridiculously expensive tickets to sell for the Costa Rica game.
http://www.ussoccer.com/tickets/151013-us-men-vs-costa-rica

I believe that the horse trade is that TFC didn't object to them missing a couple of games pre-Gold Cup for friendlies, in return for allowing them back Oct 14. Remember Bradley's run against the Netherlands? He missed a TFC game to play in that game.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/us-stuns-netherlands-with-90th-minute-goal-2015-6

ag futbol
10-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Well with the talk of MLS having more mid week games next season and ending earlier, hopefully we will see less of this sort of stuff

However, there is no way they can take off all the weeks of the World Cup and the Gold Cup (2022 is going to be really interesting with the MLS Cup Final likely having to be before the end of October - somewhere there is a 20 year old kid we are going to be right royally pissed about not being around for us as our DP in 7 years).
Having the gold cup every two years is rediculous. They need to cut that shit out.

GonfiaLaRete
10-04-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't believe Bradley or Altidore are playing for the US on Oct 13. But no one will say it out loud, as the USMNT have ridiculously expensive tickets to sell for the Costa Rica game.
http://www.ussoccer.com/tickets/151013-us-men-vs-costa-rica

I believe that the horse trade is that TFC didn't object to them missing a couple of games pre-Gold Cup for friendlies, in return for allowing them back Oct 14. Remember Bradley's run against the Netherlands? He missed a TFC game to play in that game.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/us-stuns-netherlands-with-90th-minute-goal-2015-6

Lets hope so. We will need them more than ever for the home stretch!!

Hamilton_Red
10-04-2015, 11:10 PM
If MLS let's national team call ups affect the outcome of it's competition - Supporters Shield - then it's time for the fans to speak up. Maybe time for all league supporters to boycott games that clash. They aren't listening to and they make MLS look bush league with this. It's a tainted competition - especially in a salary cap league with no depth on almost any squad. It needs to get fixed.

Fort York Redcoat
10-05-2015, 08:04 AM
^The league needs its stars and to play games. I don't agree with it but if there are still stadia with hash marks this time of the season the shouts of "bush league" will be falling on deaf ears.

C.Ronaldo
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Why is Findley still starting?

C.Ronaldo
10-05-2015, 10:06 AM
thanks for mentioning Jackson

he adds a new dimension on the field, pumps up the energy like its a different team

MightyDM
10-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Why is Findley still starting?

He is good technically and Bradley and Altidore have confidence in him. Go back and look at Bradley's interview - unless my memory is very wrong, he pretty clearly thinks it's Findley on the one side and Oso or Delgado on the other.

also, agree re Jackson. Good move by Vanney.

C.Ronaldo
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM
He is good technically and Bradley and Altidore have confidence in him. Go back and look at Bradley's interview - unless my memory is very wrong, he pretty clearly thinks it's Findley on the one side and Oso or Delgado on the other.

also, agree re Jackson. Good move by Vanney.

then what was herculez for?

molenshtain
10-05-2015, 01:12 PM
We still don't know.

anto7
10-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Oso with a much deserved MLS team of the week award. I like this kid, great attitude, you can tell he loves playing for us and lately he has really started to shine has his confidence has grown. I think playing with the likes of Bradley, Cheyrou, Seba and Jozy has really helped his game. Great to see a Canadian kid show the skills that he did on Sat and he works his socks off too.

C.Ronaldo
10-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Oso with a much deserved MLS team of the week award. I like this kid, great attitude, you can tell he loves playing for us and lately he has really started to shine has his confidence has grown. I think playing with the likes of Bradley, Cheyrou, Seba and Jozy has really helped his game. Great to see a Canadian kid show the skills that he did on Sat and he works his socks off too.

he also seems stronger this year, a little thicker. His man strength is coming around

MightyDM
10-05-2015, 03:02 PM

i think he was and is cover for when altidore and giovinco are away with national teams

flatpicker
10-05-2015, 03:45 PM
i think he was and is cover for when altidore and giovinco are away with national teams

Herculez with a hat trick against NYRB!

notthesun
10-05-2015, 04:01 PM

Osorio's now tied 3rd in the league for passing success percentage, and he and Nagbe are the only advanced midfielders in the top 20 (rest is made up almost exclusively of defensive mids).

As was already said:

Osorio is a sponge ... Guy never wastes a ball