PDA

View Full Version : DeRo...

Nodoubtguy
07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
just reading a new post by Ives Galarcep on soccerbyives and he was talking about highlights of the All Star game.....enjoyed this one.

"Dwayne DeRosario sent the crowd home happy. Not just because he scored the game-winner but because his 31 minutes of action were chock full of exciting plays. He gave everything he had to put on a show in front of his hometown fans and they showed him love for it. I know Toronto FC has Amado Guevara right now but I'm willing to bet good money that DeRosario is playing for Toronto FC next year.

DeRosario is 30 years old and you get the sense that he would love nothing more than to come back home. It also probably doesn't hurt that MLS all but urged Toronto FC to deal the Brian McBride allocation to Chicago so McBride could come home. MLS will look pretty hypocritical if it doesn't show the same enthusiasm for a DeRosario move back home to Toronto. Especially considering DeRosario has done far more for MLS than McBride ever has."

read the rest.....
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/mls-all-star--2.html#more

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM
now that's how you take a fooking penalty!

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 10:56 AM
A little bird whispered in my ear last night something similar... maybe it is true...

OneLoveOneEric
07-25-2008, 10:58 AM
That would be incredible, but I've had my heart broken too many times to get my hopes up about transfers and TFC :)

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM

He almost pulled a Beckham though... ;) he got lucky with it, and Beck's definitely let him know after :lol:

Nerepis
I'm smiling!!!

deltox
anyone that has seen Dero play.....not just yesterday..... will want him in the red shirt.

he is a quality player

and we would give the guy a lot of praise here

nobodybeatsthewiz
watching him last nite after his entrance just made me so giddy for the can-jam game (not to mention qualifying as a whole)

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 11:00 AM
That would be incredible, but I've had my heart broken too many times to get my hopes up about transfers and TFC :)

Someone told me when asked about player signings, Carver joked, "well one scored a goal tonight"

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-25-2008, 11:00 AM
He almost pulled a Beckham though... ;) he got lucky with it, and Beck's definitely let him know after :lol:

hahaha, i know, but (and im absolutely no footy authority on it) ive always thought from the spot you just drill it, hi/low, and he did.

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Only drill it if you're 200% sure you're going to pick your spot. You can pull a Zizou and chip it if you're really confidant. ;)

Nodoubtguy
Someone told me when asked about player signings, Carver joked, "well one scored a goal tonight"

:jaw:I swear if this is a joke......very poor taste!!!

OneLoveOneEric

Nice. Would that mean this year?? I assume next...

brando
07-25-2008, 11:03 AM

It would be amazing to see DeRo here.
I just don't want us to be raked over the coals financially or have to give too much up player-wise in order to get him.

It would be pretty cool though.:canada:

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Id pretty much trade the entire team for Dwayne De Rosario.

Velvet Elvis
07-25-2008, 11:06 AM

He was distracted ... Landycakes gave him an ass pat right before the kick ... :lol:

DigzTFC!
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
How about we trade a 1st round pick Mo Edu + Cunningham and Allocation? Thats more than fair market. And we get some percentage of Edu when he leaves to europe

loconet
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
When DeRo comes to play Jamaica in a few weeks we *really* have to show that we want him here. Would be good to get something organized..

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
I watched the Sportsnet interview and he was talking about the penalty, he said:

"I'm not going to miss in my home stadium!"

O_o

invictusTFC
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
He was distracted ... Landycakes gave him an ass pat right before the kick ... :lol:

I think it was more of a full on grab...

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I watched the Sportsnet interview and he was talking about the penalty, he said:

O_o

Omg, we can't not get this guy.....f*ckin come on....pull some strings MoJo.

Give Houston all our allocation, drafts picks...maple syrup...I don't care....make it happen...the guys dying to play here. And not only play here...but play with 200% effort every game.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
alright im going to stop reading this thread now or my hopes will get high, beyond repair.

j_capitain
07-25-2008, 11:22 AM

Pretty sure he meant Jimmy Conrad LOL

BC101
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
alright im going to stop reading this thread now or my hopes will get high, beyond repair.
LOL yeah i know... I REFUSE to let my hopes up on this LOL.

Kevvv
07-25-2008, 11:26 AM

O_o

He is from Scarborough country, after all.

(But wouldn't he look good in red...)

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 11:28 AM
He is from Scarborough country, after all.

(But wouldn't he look good in red...)

He already does.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02oQbg0bBE5sT/610x.jpg

Kevvv
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
(But wouldn't he look good in red full-time...)

Fixed!

dantdot
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Houston traded for Kamara. Is there something in works? I can dream damnit.

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Houston traded for Kamara. Is there something in works? I can dream damnit.

A domino?

Maybe only in my head.

gunnerken
07-25-2008, 11:37 AM

From 111, watching down the goal line, it was BANG-off the crossbar-OH NO !- BANG- off the goal line- OH NO !- BANG- in the top of the net- PHEW !! He definitely made it interesting...

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 11:39 AM
From 111, watching down the goal line, it was BANG-off the crossbar-OH NO !- BANG- off the goal line- OH NO !- BANG- in the top of the net- PHEW !! He definitely made it interesting...

Either way...he was confident when taking it.

And he smashed it right in the spot he picked out.

Well not the exact spot...missed by a couple mm :canada:

It's the only way a penalty should be taken.

Stugatzo
07-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Love DeRo as a player and a local lad, but watch the replays...did he dive last night?
Hmmmmmm...I'm just saying.

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Love DeRo as a player and a local lad, but watch the replays...did he dive last night?

I dunno, Lucas Neill did make contact.

It was always going to be difficult. The penalty had to be given.

Sonny Cheeba
07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
you can see from the replay that it was under the cross bar and over the line on the first bounce.

it was scary for sure though.

and that free kick that he took over 30 yards away, wow. fuckin rocket.

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
And did you hear DeRo after the game.....he basically told Mitch Peacock that he was totally exhausted that morning.

He came on the field like a house on fire. He scored one...should have another...ran West Ham ragged...and should have banked the assist on JPA's goal which was ruled offside incorrectly. All this in just 25 minutes of action.

The man is a machine.

Keegan
07-25-2008, 11:58 AM
THAT is how you BURY A FUCKING PK. Reminded me of a Shearer penalty vs. Man U just a bullet off the bar and in. There is no better shot than bar and in, it's just the perfect shot.

DeRO has to come home. But people thinking you are going to trade Edu and Cunningham for him? Houston is not retarded people! Fuck sometimes people act like Leaf Fans here with ridiculous FIFA08 trades.

Edu is shit and Cunningham is beyond shit. Why would they take him for DeRo? It's going to take something like Wynne + 1st rnd pick for DeRo. I WISH we could trade Edu away too but hes awful and I doubt Houston wants him.

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Definitely thought it was a dive at first. There was contact, but it was minimal.

Jack
07-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I am definitely willing to bet DeRo is in TO by next season.

Make it happen Mo! Make it happen!

Bring DeRo home!

Keegan
07-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Definitely thought it was a dive at first. There was contact, but it was minimal.

Watch the replay he full out took out his legs. That was a text book PK

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Watch the replay he full out took out his legs. That was a text book PK

I did watch it, 4 times in fact. There was contact, but DeRo made sure it was called.:rolleyes:

Ladies Love Julius James
07-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I am definitely willing to bet DeRo is in TO by next season.

Make it happen Mo! Make it happen!

Bring DeRo home!

I'd have to disagree. Wife runs her own company in Houston. He's stated that he's happy there though he would eventually like to come here. Plus, some teams in Europe are checking him out. I say the wait is at least 3 more years

Jack
07-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd have to disagree. Wife runs her own company in Houston. He's stated that he's happy there though he would eventually like to come here. Plus, some teams in Europe are checking him out. I say the wait is at least 3 more years

Well, let's see how it shakes out.

We should make a push to get him. A very hard push.

MFBODD
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
He's signed to 2010 with Houston I believe, but it's obvious that he'd love to play here.

If it doesn't happen in the near future I can see him coming here in a couple of years.

GSTQ - I'm just repeating basically what you said...

Plus, having a domestic player that good is a bonus

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 12:22 PM

They also just bought a new house a little over a year ago. He has stated he's happy there but he also stated he was fed up with the way he felt the team viewed him, paying other players almost double his salary, who haven't contributed as much as he has.

I'll admit, I'd be surprised if he was here next year... pleasantly surprised.

MisterMacphisto
07-25-2008, 12:30 PM
When DeRo comes to play Jamaica in a few weeks we *really* have to show that we want him here. Would be good to get something organized..

Totally agree. Didn't want to chant during the All Star game, but for the Can-Jam, I think we should totally let DeRo know.

How about this chant to the tune of please don't go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKITQ4qhXII)

DeRo, we love you so...
And we want you to know
That we're, gonna miss your goals
The minute, you walk out that door
Please come home..
Please come home..
Please come home..
Please come home.
Please come home..
Please come home..
Please come home..
:)

loconet
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Totally agree. Didn't want to chant during the All Star game, but for the Can-Jam, I think we should totally let DeRo know.

How about this chant to the tune of please don't go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKITQ4qhXII)

DeRo, we love you so...
And we want you to know
Please come home..
Please come home..
Please come home..
Please come home.
Please come home..
Please come home..
Please come home..

haha, I'm liking that!

Jack
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Well, Mo's got quite the stockpile of picks and money. I'm sure he could put together a nice package for Ho's town.

raj100
07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
carvers talking shitttttttttt

sidney
07-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I too would love DeRo here, but why would Houston get rid of their best player?

pppperkins
07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
DeRo will be at Roots 100 BLOOR TODAY FRIDAY AT 500PM, drop by and convince him to come home.

pppperkins
07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
DeRo will be at ROOTS 100 Bloor today(friday) at 5pm signing autographs. Drop by and tell him to come home

Rawkus_420
07-25-2008, 01:02 PM

No shit , no goalie is saving that ...he put it in the net....you see the power on that shit. Fuckin eh

JDG
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
He's outspoken about the turf, and every quote I've heard attributed to him, has him talking about playing for TFC as something he'd like to do later in his carreer sometime - NOT while he's a key contributor to the Champions of the league.

It's nice to dream, but I don't beleive there's a hope in hell that we get him before grass.

Wolfe
07-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I was down at BMO for practise today and look what I caught a photo of

McBrace
07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Worst Photo Shop Ever!

dantdot
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
We also have grass in that picture, schweeeet

Oldtimer
07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Home Stadium - he meant BMO as home of the CMNT, I'm sure.

Jack
07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
He's outspoken about the turf, and every quote I've heard attributed to him, has him talking about playing for TFC as something he'd like to do later in his carreer sometime - NOT while he's a key contributor to the Champions of the league.

It's nice to dream, but I don't beleive there's a hope in hell that we get him before grass.
From what I've heard, he's not really the one who's got the issue with the turf. Do you have statements by him about it?

Obviously he's not going to make comments about wanting to play for TFC now, seeing as that could be slightly unsettling at his current job.

Nodoubtguy
07-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I was down at BMO for practise today and look what I caught a photo of

We need a nice one of these made for the CMNT game!!!

DVS
07-25-2008, 01:46 PM

I agree DeRo isn't going anywhere for a while. Also, I think fans should push to get a Grass pitch over anything else. Its one handicap that is killing this Club and CSA in a major way

I know MLSE will bitch about the fact the city owns BMO field. MLSE doesn't have a problem taking the money that BMO gives them for hanging a few signs either

Jack
07-25-2008, 01:52 PM
For sure. We need grass.

We should present DeRo with a gift from the supporters. A nice brand shiny new #14 TFC jersey with his name on the back :D

Nodoubtguy
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
For sure. We need grass.

We should present DeRo with a gift from the supporters. A nice brand shiny new #14 TFC jersey with his name on the back :D

And a card from Hallmark that says...."Welcome Home"

boomcha
07-25-2008, 02:01 PM
It would be really sweet if this were to happen. Homegrown talent.

morgank1986
07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Cunningham, Edu, a box of maple syrup, and 5 chip buttys, and 20 passes to the CNE for DeRo

noochie
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I think we could be putting a lot more stock into something because Ives is so reliable. I can't see this happening, but I do hope I am wrong. With as high as Edu has been valued... maybe now is the time to swap them up ;)

Flipityflu
07-25-2008, 03:48 PM
somebody yelled at him during warmups when he was coming up here to play, and he said 'soon' with a smile on his face. of course, he was probably talking about this game, but damn its nice to dream.

noochie
07-25-2008, 03:48 PM
^^ or the WCQ game ;)

Beach_Red
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
DeRosario is 30 years old and you get the sense that he would love nothing more than to come back home. It also probably doesn't hurt that MLS all but urged Toronto FC to deal the Brian McBride allocation to Chicago so McBride could come home. MLS will look pretty hypocritical if it doesn't show the same enthusiasm for a DeRosario move back home to Toronto. Especially considering DeRosario has done far more for MLS than McBride ever has."

Or than McBride ever will, likely.

This is going to come up again, no doubt.

devioustrevor
07-25-2008, 04:13 PM

So we're getting Jimmy Conrad. Crap.

MFG1
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
DeRo should be our hands down DP for the stage we are at, soon it will be accustomed to 2 DPS ona team and nothing would make me happier. It just seems right

Jack
07-25-2008, 04:44 PM
DeRo should be our hands down DP for the stage we are at, soon it will be accustomed to 2 DPS ona team and nothing would make me happier. It just seems right

DeRo as DP works for me...

MFG1
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
:) didnt your beers taste better last night watching the strength and moxy upon start up of that kick? Im sure we would all accept a .25 raise in a beer to 13.00 to sign him for the money he deserves to be paid. DP salary of 400,000 a season is lower than minimum for this kid for what he could do for TFc on the pitch and off. think about it. :)

MisterMacphisto
07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
DeRo as DP works for me...

I've been saying that for a long time. DeRo for DP.

I think they'll make they're money back on DeRo 09 TFC Jersey's alone.

To the tune of please don't go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKITQ4qhXII) at the Can-Jam game!

DeRo, we love you so... Ahh....
And we want you to know
Please come home.. (7x)

ManUtd4ever
07-25-2008, 05:00 PM

JDG, you still have my picture in your sig, lol...

ManUtd4ever
07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Oh yeah, and I love DeRo!

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I've been saying that for a long time. DeRo for DP.

I think they'll make they're money back on DeRo 09 TFC Jersey's alone.

To the tune of please don't go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKITQ4qhXII) at the Can-Jam game!

DeRo, we love you so... Ahh....
And we want you to know
Please come home.. (7x)

Dude! Why didn't you do think of this for the ASG??? It would have been great to sing to him when he was warming up!

We obviously have to give him the gears when Houston plays here, so we can't do it then. And he may not get the message when he plays for Canada, since he will just think it's Canadian support.

SLBuu
07-25-2008, 06:58 PM
i would sing it for him when he comes here with houston

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Not good form dude. While he is wearing the orange of Houston, he does not get a song for him.

LucaGol
07-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Not good form dude. While he is wearing the orange of Houston, he does not get a song for him.

He'll be playing for Canada...who cares about the MLS at that point.

rocker
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
I would trade Edu for DeRo in a second.
Somebody above asked why Houston would want Edu... well, Edu is one of the most hyped young stars in the league. Nobody watches him as closely as we do, so they all think he's hot shit still. He's still getting on the national team, some people actually had him as an allstar this year in pre-game picks. And he's only 16 games ahead of his rookie of the year award.
I think it's gonna be years before Edu really realized his potential and then he'll leave.
DeRo would be here for 4-5 years at play at a very high level.

tfctillidie
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Inside every Upper Deck MLS trading cards is a special insert card....

http://i36.tinypic.com/ruz6yo.jpg

haha I was bored...couldn't find a decent DeRo pic and TFC pic that would match prefectly, this is the best I could come up with, It's nice to dream...haha but anyways MOJO...get er done!...PLEASE bring DeRo home!

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
He'll be playing for Canada...who cares about the MLS at that point.

So sing it at the Aug 20 game...but doing it "when Houston comes" to town will just make you the guy who is rooting for an opposing player. It's bad form.

noochie
07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
We could release a live chicken every time he scores a goal. That would be sweet.

loconet
07-25-2008, 09:26 PM
We could release a live chicken every time he scores a goal. That would be sweet.

now we're talking!

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I would trade Edu for DeRo in a second.
Somebody above asked why Houston would want Edu... well, Edu is one of the most hyped young stars in the league. Nobody watches him as closely as we do, so they all think he's hot shit still. He's still getting on the national team, some people actually had him as an allstar this year in pre-game picks. And he's only 16 games ahead of his rookie of the year award.
I think it's gonna be years before Edu really realized his potential and then he'll leave.
DeRo would be here for 4-5 years at play at a very high level.

I'm pretty sure they'll put in some research before blindly trading away their best player. And I know that MLS seems extremely unprofessional but don't most teams have advanced scouts and such?

However, I still believe that Edu has some value (as he should to be honest) and would garner some sort of attention if packaged with other pieces. How about Edu + (everything we got for McBride) for DeRo? It sounds fair to me. After all, if the MLS thinks that Barret + allocation + 1st round pick is fair value for an EPL player, it would make sense that all that plus the reigning Rookie of the Year should be good enough for an MLS player, albeit 6 years younger.

Wolfe
07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Worst Photo Shop Ever!
Hey, gotta give me some credit, that was done at work with MSPaint. My photoshop skills are better than that.

egoodwin
07-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Seeing Dero strut made my night...

actually we were blessed by seeing two of the most notable and recognized goal celebrations

The Oz
07-26-2008, 07:04 PM
I love the the de-ro shake! :D

rocker
07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll put in some research before blindly trading away their best player. And I know that MLS seems extremely unprofessional but don't most teams have advanced scouts and such? .

advance scouts don't want every game of every team they are facing. We, on the other hand, watch every single game. We live and die with the players so we see things in, I would suggest, a slightly different light than an advance scout who watches the last 2-3 games of a team to get ready for his team's match.

Anyhow, if MLS scouting is so great, why would there 2-3 teams interested in Jeff Cunningham as was reported today? ;)

I stand by my point that teams would love to get Mo Edu because he's an American, he's hyped all to hell, he's young, he's playing on the national teams. To trade DeRo for him would be the classic trade of a great player in the latter stages of his career for a young American buck who could be a star as he ages (in their mind). Not to mention DeRo is gettin the max pay and takes up an international spot, while Edu makes half and is domestic to them.

MG42
07-26-2008, 08:34 PM
wow Edu for DeRo...I never thought of that...what a brilliant trade...anyone have MoJos cell # ? :)

kitchener-TFC
07-26-2008, 08:57 PM
"According to a recent Toronto Star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Star) article, Dwayne told a media conference call that playing for Toronto FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC) one day is one of his goals."
-Wikipedia.

TFCWEST
07-26-2008, 09:27 PM
my friend who was at the all star game was sitting beside de- ro's family friend, and the dude said that de -ro s father doesnt want him coming here because there are so many distractions where as in houston there's hardly any. Just here say ,but still interesting, I can't wait until he suits up in the red & white.

Mrs. Workie
07-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Bring De-Ro to Toronto.

That is all.

Marco2K
07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Dero as DP is a great idea. I love what this guy brings to the team. I think a gift would be a great idea.

We all know if he wants to come here he can.

Lets make it happean.

Dustin
07-27-2008, 08:35 PM

OK De Ro didn't dive as you can see here:

He got his legs taken out, landed akwardly and couldn't stay up at his speed

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3272/2706270012_cfc56bee1b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2705452703_ebab16d89b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/2705453597_971f19f62d.jpg

And the result:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/2706284020_ee232d159c.jpg

My shots are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dustinhall/

I would definitely trade Edu for De Ro, we could throw in Cunningham for kicks.

twistedchinaman
07-27-2008, 08:39 PM
:jaw:I swear if this is a joke......very poor taste!!!

I'll +1 to that!

Fort York Redcoat
07-28-2008, 08:46 AM
It's too bad the Kobenhaven deal fell through. I think that was what would have cemented his DP status but we'll see what Mo thinks he's worth in a couple of years.

Afra
07-29-2008, 07:41 AM
someone is working on bringing DeRo home - have you seen this?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/bar/772836260.html

Nerepis
07-29-2008, 07:47 AM

^^^^^^^^^
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jack
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM

So hilarious!

jwfm1985
07-29-2008, 09:37 AM
http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080728&content_id=176276&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=t104

prep for when DeRo leaves?

Fort York Redcoat
07-29-2008, 09:42 AM
09/27 vs Houston Dynamo-

All we are Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying
Is DeRo come home!

Anyone?

Jack
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080728&content_id=176276&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=t104

prep for when DeRo leaves?

Except DeRo plays for Houston ;)

koryo
07-29-2008, 09:58 AM
09/27 vs Houston Dynamo-

All we are Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying
Is DeRo come home!

Anyone?

Is Bring Dero home!

Nice one BTW.

flatpicker
07-29-2008, 10:36 AM

that is fantastic!!!

hahahaaaa

jwfm1985
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Except DeRo plays for Houston ;)

Wow, rough morning :(

invictusTFC
07-29-2008, 10:42 AM
You think Mo can swing a DeRo for Guevara swap?

James17930
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
DeRo as DP -- it makes total sense. Do it! Do it!:willy_nilly: