PDA

View Full Version : The Commish getting streamered from 127 at half-time live on ESPN (video link)

GabrielHurl
07-25-2008, 10:19 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2008/open/allstar/game/072408_allstar_garber_half_int2_350.wmv&w_id=23356&catCode=shows&type=v_free&_mp=1

I've got another couple of video I need to upload - after this happened showing Garber throwing them back at us.

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 10:26 AM
:rofl:

flatpicker
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
hahaha!
funny stuff

blackandwhite
07-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Fuck You Garber!!!

Tintin
07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
You know, the MLS is a weak weak league. I can't beleive what Garber said in the middle of the interview when pressed to tell where McBride would play. He said

"lets up they he will play in Chicago"

Unreal. That league is corrupt. That is tampering. You can't have a commisonner say stuff like that! WOW!!!

Nodoubtguy
07-25-2008, 10:43 AM
"I NAILED HIM IN THE HEAD".....possibly the best line ever said by a sports anchor.

CanuckPete
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
You know, the MLS is a weak weak league. I can't beleive what Garber said in the middle of the interview when pressed to tell where McBride would play. He said

"lets up they he will play in Chicago"

Unreal. That league is corrupt. That is tampering. You can't have a commisonner say stuff like that! WOW!!!

I hope that this is sarcasm.

Tintin
07-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Unfortunatly yes it is. I have made that realisation a long time ago!!!

CanuckPete
07-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Unfortunatly yes it is. I have made that realisation a long time ago!!!

Sadly it is hard to tell on this board sometimes. ;)

jabbronies
07-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Thrown out of the stadium??? wtf is garber talking about?

Why would that fan get thrown out....the rules are streamers can be thrown, just not at players or officals during the run of the game...There's nothing in the rules about not throwing them at Douchebags on a podium, he was a fair target.

blackandwhite
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Why would that fan get thrown out....the rules are streamers can be thrown, just not at players or officals during the run of the game...There's nothing in the rules about not throwing them at Douchebags on a podium, he was a fair target.
that's why i said FUCK YOU GARBER!!! This guy is a joke..

Tintin
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
He reminds me of Gary betman...Physically and mentally!

Mojo
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM

He didnt know what to say so he tried to make a joke. Don't take it so seriously.

Sonny Cheeba
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
so that interview was shit.

loconet
07-25-2008, 11:07 AM
I saw this happening it was pretty funny and yah the anchor did nail the guy on the head lol. Too bad they didn't show Garber throwing them back lol

Toronto_Bhoy
07-25-2008, 11:07 AM
He reminds me of Gary betman...Physically and mentally!

One thing I'll say for Garber…he gives the impression "he" really wants this league to succeed…Bettman is evasive and smug…more hockey teams should be in Canada and Bettman isn’t interested. I’d be very surprised if a Canadian team isn’t one of the two in 2011.

I honestly think GB loves what’s happened here in Toronto and the supporters in particular.

He doesn't always get it right but at least he gets it…

GabrielHurl
07-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Too bad they didn't show Garber throwing them back lol

I have that on video. Expect it to surface on MLS Rumours any day now

NateDoGG
07-25-2008, 11:12 AM
hahahaha

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Give the guy a break. He's constantly sucking our balls.

invictusTFC
07-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Garber was pretty consistent in his interviews, always praising TO, the fans and the team. He is adamant that BMO stay soccer specific, and I though he dealt pretty gracefully with the streamers. I don't know what else some people on this thread want from this guy. He's pretty much said that there will be at least 1 other Canadian frachise in this league if not two as long as they can bring new revenue to the league i.e. television rights.

maninb
07-25-2008, 11:33 AM
One thing I'll say for Garber…he gives the impression "he" really wants this league to succeed…Bettman is evasive and smug…more hockey teams should be in Canada and Bettman isn’t interested. I’d be very surprised if a Canadian team isn’t one of the two in 2011.

I honestly think GB loves what’s happened here in Toronto and the supporters in particular.

Garver said in the interview on CBC he and other owners we quite ok WITH BOTH EXPANSION TEAMS BEING CANADIAN in 2011...They expounded on this and it's because both of those team already have a nucleus of decent players and wouldn't need to be 'stocked' with existing MLS players.

FIL T
07-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Not to stir up anything but that's a pretty bush league comment - throwing stuff at TV broadcasters as they are conducting a live interview will definitelly make our city cool. Dude are you ten or something? He was a fair target - what is this a paint ball match? If you want soccer in this city to be taken seriously YOU have to take it seriously. if it's all a stupid joke to you then we might as well turn this team and league into the WWE.

GrimsbyTown
07-25-2008, 11:41 AM
"I NAILED HIM IN THE HEAD".....possibly the best line ever said by a sports anchor.

:hump:

THAT was hilarious! You could see how happy he was too.

Funny shit.

Also, I think people should lay off the Commish. He was just trying to play along and be a sport. No one was going to get licked out.

Draracle
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Also, I think people should lay off the Commish. He was just trying to play along and be a sport. No one was going to get licked out.

He was mocking himself I think; and ironic way of saying that the streamers are harmless.

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Not to stir up anything but that's a pretty bush league comment - throwing stuff at TV broadcasters as they are conducting a live interview will definitelly make our city cool. Dude are you ten or something? He was a fair target - what is this a paint ball match? If you want soccer in this city to be taken seriously YOU have to take it seriously. if it's all a stupid joke to you then we might as well turn this team and league into the WWE.

I agree. And WTF is up with this constant bashing of Don Garber? Like honestly, who the hell compared him to Gary Bettman? That's just crossing the line man. Under Don Garber's reigns, the league has finally become profitable and the sport itself has come to the point where it can't possibly regress in popularity. And on top of that, he brought TFC to Toronto. Did people fancy watching the Lynx or something?

TheRenter
07-25-2008, 01:18 PM

THAT was hilarious! You could see how happy he was too.

Funny shit.

Not by BMO security I hope...:drool5:

Cashcleaner
07-25-2008, 01:49 PM

I don't particularly like Garber as the commisioner and I think he needs to 'fess up to some of his obvious mistakes in the past trying to make MLS a household name in North America. That said, he doesn't seem to care about national borders when it comes to expansion and I think he sees Canada as a golden goose for the league.

I'm now convinced that he really wants at least one more Canadian club in MLS (though I think we'll get three altogether) simply because we would completely rock the league and actually show up for matches - unlike many of our southern counterparts.

Kevvv
07-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't particularly like Garber as the commisioner and I think he needs to 'fess up to some of his obvious mistakes in the past trying to make MLS a household name in North America.

Actually, I think he did do that, in one of those MLS Free Kick mags from last game - basically agreeing that the game is best in its pure form, without shootouts or other gimmicks to sell it to Americans.