PDA

View Full Version : Way too many cops in supporters section!!

blackandwhite
07-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Last year at the top of the stairwell leading into 112 was me and buddy OJ with 2 drums.. now it's 2 cops who like to grab RPB executives by the throat and kick them out.. Way to kill the atmosphere.

GabrielHurl
07-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm more personally :taz: about people wearing Leafs jerseys :D :D :D

http://i37.tinypic.com/ml75td.jpg

blackandwhite
07-25-2008, 09:32 AM
it was a protest!!!

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Last year at the top of the stairwell leading into 112 was me and buddy OJ with 2 drums.. now it's 2 cops who like to grab RPB executives by the throat and kick them out.. Way to kill the atmosphere.

And throw out RPB members who are telling the police to leave him because he hasn't done anything. :noidea:

Velvet Elvis
07-25-2008, 10:00 AM
What ??? Who got thrown out ???

Barbarez
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/05/01/0205PIGS_narrowweb__300x365,0.jpg

iansmcl
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Pardon my ignornace... what's with the lanyards?

flatpicker
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM
sitting in 111 I could see commotion and at least one prominent RPB getting the toss...
...but I could tell why it was happening.

I assumed it had to do with overzealous cops.

flatpicker
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM

they were handing them out to people going into the game.

GingerNinja
07-25-2008, 10:10 AM
sitting in 111 I could see commotion and at least one prominent RPB getting the toss...
...but I could tell why it was happening.

I assumed it had to do with overzealous cops.

Who got tossed??

flatpicker
07-25-2008, 10:11 AM
edit..."I couldn't tell why it was happening"

and I would rather not say who it was at this time...

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 10:21 AM
If the people who were tossed want it to be known, they will do so.

flatpicker
07-25-2008, 10:23 AM
so why were you thrown out Shaughno???

:)

Shaughno
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I wasn't, I voluntarily left due to the complete bullshit of the days events. ;)

Ageroo
07-25-2008, 12:02 PM

Lanyards were given out to store your All Star game ticket......we weren't supposed to use printoffs for this game....so it was a good way to store the ticket. It was more of a beer splash protector....

AL-MO
07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
If the people who were tossed want it to be known, they will do so.

I was the one who was tossed out for no fucking reason. FluSH, Pronto and myself decided to leave at the 80th minute because the ASG was bullshit.

People were acting like TFC played that night(Seven nation army, oh when the reds) and we were getting tired of it. The exact thing we wanted to challenge (see the banner in KK's pictures) was the fact that MLS wanted to chant and cheer to create atmosphere. We said fuck that we aren't a bunch of trained monkeys who just get drunk and cheer and yell. Well congrats TFC fans you proved the critics right, apparently we are just a bunch of drunks who have no idea what they are doing. I overheard to guys yelling at people leaving on the East Side saying "part time supporters" WTF?!? This isn't a TFC game you fucking idiots, who the fuck cares if someone leaves early at the ASG.

Anyways we decided to leave and I jawed a bit with the two idiots I mentioned above "You're not real TFC supporters" I yelled at them (Fucking true i think) Anyways someone yelled out as I was getting to the bottom of the stairs..."Fucking Wankers" FluSH heard that and went right back up to confront those fucken idiots. I went back up and was standing beside him (top of the stairs) when out of no where this fucking PIG grabs me and pushes me down the stairs. I told the guy "let me just grab my banner" He said "No its time for you to go." He then grabbed my throat and put his fist up in front of my face and said something along the lines of "I am going to knock you out" At this point out of instinct I put my hands up to say "I am not doing anything let me go" but he proceeded to push me down the hallway with his fist in my face threatening me.

Fucking BULLSHIT. I don't know why we have to put up with the crap from the TPS, I wasn't doing shit and got fucked grabbed and pushed down stairs for no fucking reason.

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
the all-star game was about having fun, just chill out

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 01:56 PM
btw, fuck tha police

Barbarez
07-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I was the one who was tossed out for no fucking reason. FluSH, Pronto and myself decided to leave at the 80th minute because the ASG was bullshit.

People were acting like TFC played that night(Seven nation army, oh when the reds) and we were getting tired of it. The exact thing we wanted to challenge (see the banner in KK's pictures) was the fact that MLS wanted to chant and cheer to create atmosphere. We said fuck that we aren't a bunch of trained monkeys who just get drunk and cheer and yell. Well congrats TFC fans you proved the critics right, apparently we are just a bunch of drunks who have no idea what they are doing. I overheard to guys yelling at people leaving on the East Side saying "part time supporters" WTF?!? This isn't a TFC game you fucking idiots, who the fuck cares if someone leaves early at the ASG.

Anyways we decided to leave and I jawed a bit with the two idiots I mentioned above "You're not real TFC supporters" I yelled at them (Fucking true i think) Anyways someone yelled out as I was getting to the bottom of the stairs..."Fucking Wankers" FluSH heard that and went right back up to confront those fucken idiots. I went back up and was standing beside him (top of the stairs) when out of no where this fucking PIG grabs me and pushes me down the stairs. I told the guy "let me just grab my banner" He said "No its time for you to go." He then grabbed my throat and put his fist up in front of my face and said something along the lines of "I am going to knock you out" At this point out of instinct I put my hands up to say "I am not doing anything let me go" but he proceeded to push me down the hallway with his fist in my face threatening me.

Fucking BULLSHIT. I don't know why we have to put up with the crap from the TPS, I wasn't doing shit and got fucked grabbed and pushed down stairs for no fucking reason.

marc you cunt are you reading this!!?????? Police abusing the fans that pay your fucking salary!! you piece of shit. We get stopped and searched by cops every fucking game . Have we done something MR BMO SECURITY!!!

These cops have crossed every line..threatening to knock people out and physically assaulting supporters !!???? Are u fucking serious!??

blackandwhite
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Well where were you guys when I got kick out of stadium by telling a security guy to fuck off.. Noone of the groups stood behind me except ULTRAS. I remember flush calling me a whiner in the threads i started. Well now it happened to you.

Should have taken a stand against cops then maybe?

Toronto_Bhoy
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Very sorry to hear this AL_MO…

Where were all the phone cameras? They seem to catch everything else…

Ladies Love Julius James
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
This police brutality shit isn't limited to BMO. In Scarb. if you get caught on the wrong street at the wrong time. They will " Rodney King" your ass. Fuckin pigs.

Barbarez
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Against Montreal we got stopped on our way out, being that it was the nth time that has happened we started filming and taking photos. One of the cops put his hand over the camera and told us to cut it out. After we denied he put on a serious angry face and told us that "WE BETTER NOT BE MAKING SHIT UP" with the evidence.

Something has to be done about these fucking fascists.

Heathen
07-25-2008, 02:14 PM

Cop was probably upset because he was hoping to crack a few heads after the Crew-West Ham bullshit. Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do about it, look at that Somali kid in Etobicoke who got punched out by Toronto's finest on camera, they fucking charged him at first and last I heard even after the cop was convicted he still kept his job.
Sad thing is there're people in this city and many on this board who will refuse to believe that you didn't somehow deserve a physical assault and threat, that the cop was "doing his job" :rolleyes:. Best you can do is complain to TFC but honestly I don't think they'll go to bat for their customers against the cops.

Jamaicanadian
07-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey boys welcome to my world!!
:lol:

Ladies Love Julius James
07-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey boys welcome to my world!!
:lol:

Co-signed LOL.

Bluenose13
07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
AL-MO what happened to you & Flush was bull shit & way over the top from asshole cops.

However you can't blame people that paid good money & were watching some very good & exciting soccer from enjoying themselves.

It has been well documented that the southend was quiet in the 1st half & the effect that we wanted was there, It may not have been perfect but really it was never going to be perfect.

The point was made.

There are a couple of thousand fans in the southend that don't give a shit about supporters groups,they don't read the boards & they couldn't give a shit about protesting. They just wanted to have a few drinks & enjoy the all-star game.

We can't ram our ideas of protesting & our way of support down there throats it will only end up in resentment, slowly but surely the supporters groups will grow, we may be way behind Europe & South America but we are already leading the way in North America & that's pretty amazing just 18 months into our history.

Jamaicanadian
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey AL-MO et al!!
I'm really sorry to read what happened to you guys....

Hooligan69
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I see police do this to people in my neighbourhood so this doesn't surprise me. I've been through it before as well not in BMO, but on the street I live on. Welcome to Toronto.

juki
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
The cops are a fucking joke and I'm sick and tired of assholes who stand up for them. They live in a dream world where there are cops are the good guys who bust only bad people. They will never realise that the police to a certain extent is there to control and keep the powerfull in place. And they see themselves as outside of society. If you don't believe try having a conversation with one of them.

AL-MO
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
marc you cunt are you reading this!!?????? Police abusing the fans that pay your fucking salary!! you piece of shit. We get stopped and searched by cops every fucking game . Have we done something MR BMO SECURITY!!!

These cops have crossed every line..threatening to knock people out and physically assaulting supporters !!???? Are u fucking serious!??

Barb, I should have added that in way it was already being dealt with. Jack spoke to Marc, and this particular Cop won't be back at BMO games.

blackandwhite
07-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Barb, I should have added that in way it was already being dealt with. Jack spoke to Marc, and this particular Cop won't be back at BMO games.

And you really believe the others are not like him? How many cops do you have at jays games? or even leafs or raptors.... WTF is this shit with filling the BMO stands with cops??

BC101
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
And you really believe the others are not like him? How many cops do you have at jays games? or even leafs or raptors.... WTF is this shit with filling the BMO stands with cops??

Aren't they ALL like him?

Taking tips from UK on "how to deal with hooligans" except in Toronto Football Culture such as it is we have no hooligans... Its all over reactionary preventive steps that have gone WAY over board for something that hasn't ever happened.

AL-MO
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM

I am not saying that others aren't like him...just saying this particular individual has been dealt with.

He better hope he doesn't also PLAY soccer, or his ass is MINE! :devil:

Ladies Love Julius James
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
He better hope I don't catch him off duty, or his ass is MINE! :devil:

Damn man, kinda harsh no?

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
07-25-2008, 03:04 PM
what im thinking is , if a cop dosent want to get beer on him , come in riot gear, just stay down on the pitch .... dont come into the stands.... thats what security is for .... and also im wondering if when the NEEDED additions are made to the stadium to increase capacity to 30 or 35 k that we will get a dedicated supporters section along with real grass of course also this ties in with security concerns for the :canada:Canada :canada: game versus :stogey: Jamaica :stogey: they better have a cage for the away supporters or we better just have alot of green to calm them down :noidea::noidea::thumbsup:

AL-MO
07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
what im thinking is , if a cop dosent want to get beer on him , come in riot gear, just stay down on the pitch .... dont come into the stands.... thats what security is for .... and also im wondering if when the NEEDED additions are made to the stadium to increase capacity to 30 or 35 k that we will get a dedicated supporters section along with real grass of course also this ties in with security concerns for the :canada:Canada :canada: game versus :stogey: Jamaica :stogey: they better have a cage for the away supporters or we better just have alot of green to calm them down :noidea::noidea::thumbsup:

Yes they better have their act in order for Canada vs. Jamaica otherwise there will be huge problems.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Its all over reactionary preventive steps that have gone WAY over board for something that hasn't ever happened.

very good point

mauser09
07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I say we make a fuck tha police chant at the next game, who's with me?
Fuck the Po-lice
Fuck the Po-lice
Fuck em!

juki
07-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Jamaicans won't put up with the same crap and the cops are pussies and won't over react for small things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUrNedh5Lqs&feature=related

read the lyrics, btw I'm not white...

Hooligan69
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Jamaicans won't put up with the same crap and the cops are pussies and won't over react for small things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUrNedh5Lqs&feature=related

read the lyrics, btw I'm not white...

White riot - I wanna riot
White riot - a riot of my own
White riot - I wanna riot
White riot - a riot of my own

Black people gotta lot a problems
But they don't mind throwing a brick
White people go to school
Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
An' nobody wants
To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands
Of people rich enough to buy it
While we walk the street
Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
Nobody wants
To go to jail!

Are you taking over
or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards
Or are you going forwards?

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I say we make a fuck tha police chant at the next game, who's with me?
Fuck the Po-lice
Fuck the Po-lice
Fuck em!

Just 'cause I support TFC, punk police are afraid of me! :noidea::)

Ladies Love Julius James
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Red Patch Boys Red Patch boys...what ya gonna do....the crooked ass cops will come for you.

def fret
07-25-2008, 05:14 PM
2 cops stood in my sightline where the beer guy usually stands on the 113-114 above-the-stairs landing for most of the game. I yelled at them a bunch, but they said they were staying all game (like it was mandated!). To their credit, they did turn to face the field and it legitimately seemed to me like they didn't want to be there.
btw, not a cop apologist, but those guys seemed alright. An asshole is an asshole regardless of which uniform he wears.

yellowfellow
07-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Just give them a Who are ya? treatment. They cant kick us all out for chanting. Wait, maybe they can...

alexintoronto
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Just 'cause I support TFC, punk police are afraid of me! :noidea::)

They'd rather see me in the pen, than me and their girlfriend chanting in the Northend!

http://www.randomville.com/Image/music/music_features/sxsw08icecube-720898.jpg

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
:D;):coolgleam:

AL-MO
07-25-2008, 05:38 PM
:lol: I was actually listening to the RAGE version of this song, this morning!

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 05:39 PM
^^ Both are great!

james
07-25-2008, 05:43 PM

that banner confused me at first i thought it was directed at West Ham, but then when i thought about it i guess it must of ment shall we sing a song for MLS or MLSE.

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Part-time supporters?

At a game with no TFC?

:rofl:

Ignorant douchebags.

Jack
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I think the police presence in that area was related to the assholes who were throwing shit at U-Sector last game because there's not usually cops there.

The problem is, they sent a fucking hyped up asshole first-timer instead of someone who'd been to a match before and knew what to expect.

And a part of this shit is happening because of the fucking projectiles people insist on launching at the pitch every fucking game.

Cups of beer, bottles and then the glow-sticks, yesterday we had batteries.

There are too many cops in our area of the stadium because there are too many idiots who throw shit on the pitch or at other supporters.

This cop was so over the top yesterday, it was unbelievable. Grabbing guys by the throat and threatening violence (I saw that too, AL-MO). I argued with them all the way down the tunnel and back and you could see both him and his partner had no clue about what was going on in there.

After that I went up to ask his badge number and he kept saying: "I'm busy now, sir, please ask me after the game." Fucking prick. Plus he's supposed to give me his badge number when I ask for it. I don't understand how he was "too busy" when he was just standing there. I got the number off his hat badge anyway. He's done at BMO for pay duty, as far as I know. At least if we're going to have cops, we need the ones who understand what's going on in there and won't react like that to ridiculously small incidents.

You could see how amped up he was... it was like he was itching for a conflict.

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 06:24 PM
We need to issue a formal complaint with the police force. We can't beat them using force...we can do so using the system. When you use the system against the police, they fold like a house of cards.

We should be bringing cameras and taping every single incident. We should get badge numbers no matter if they refuse, and then report not only the incident but the fact they refused. We should get witnesses and file complaints on a consistent basis. I am guaranteeing you will get results a lot sooner.

Jack
07-25-2008, 06:28 PM
That's a good plan, Roogs.

Yeoman
07-25-2008, 07:47 PM
what division is it that usually covers TFC games?
asking for legitimate reasons here. I was thinking 51? but I don't know if that sounds right to me.

Redpunkfiddle
07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Inside the stadium the officers are paid duty, and they can be drawn from any number of divisions- I am pretty sure they are not supposed to come only from the local division so to avoid any cop becoming too 'familiar' with any business he is supposed to be monitoring.

I don't get why there are still so many first timers/cowboys that are put at the south stands. Haven't they been responsible for this for over a year now? Shouldn't the training and protocols be set now? Are they really just improvising every week with whoever takes on the paid duty?

Getting informed and organized around the police complaints process is a good move, but the TFC brass should (continue to) be pressed by the supporter's reps to tighten up their expectations for these guys.

adamdz
07-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Dang I hate to see this type of shit happening, and unfortunately I only see it getting worse. I will keep my phone ready to record from now on haha. It's good to being these incidents out into the open (or at least onto these boards). A lot of the time when you see someone getting dragged out you assume they deserved it. Definately need to keep our eyes peeled and stand up for eachother if we see what is happening.

Jack
07-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Inside the stadium the officers are paid duty, and they can be drawn from any number of divisions- I am pretty sure they are not supposed to come only from the local division so to avoid any cop becoming too 'familiar' with any business he is supposed to be monitoring.

I don't get why there are still so many first timers/cowboys that are put at the south stands. Haven't they been responsible for this for over a year now? Shouldn't the training and protocols be set now? Are they really just improvising every week with whoever takes on the paid duty?

Getting informed and organized around the police complaints process is a good move, but the TFC brass should (continue to) be pressed by the supporter's reps to tighten up their expectations for these guys.

This is definitely on the agenda.

TFCknw
07-25-2008, 08:11 PM
After speaking to Mr. Friendly policeman in my neighbourhood a few minutes ago he said that there are cops all over the stadium. The police are under the impression that the supporters want to turn these games into a fighting arena. He also said that they are all over the supporters websites.

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 08:14 PM
After speaking to Mr. Friendly policeman in my neighbourhood a few minutes ago he said that there are cops all over the stadium. The police are under the impression that the supporters want to turn these games into a fighting arena. He also said that they are all over the supporters websites.

I think that's bull.

adamdz
07-25-2008, 08:14 PM
I think that's bull.

You're one of them aren't you!

TFCknw
07-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I think that's bull.

No it isn't bullshit. He told me a few things that I wouldn't even put on here after our little chat.

stretchthetruth
07-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I think that's bull.

Seriously? Its in their very own newsletter... They troll the message boards...

stretchthetruth
07-25-2008, 08:21 PM
The headline in the paper the other day said "Treat Gang Members Like Terrorists" - increase police powers etc etc, apparently the proposal made by a member of the city council... How long until supporters are "terrorists"? Police state is right, and the 10 cops standing at the bottom of 112 after the game is called instigation, and provokes people. Police should be on the periphery of BMO and not front and centre - they only create a tense and confrontational atmosphere - plus its not like they do anything about projectiles, etc anyway...
Keeping an area safe doesnt make a cop a fascist, thats true - but making pitiful excuses for acting like a cunt and infringing on our rights is fascist, and thats what is becoming all too common.

I posted this over a month ago in another thread called "Toronto Police bugging U sector and our Flag Holders in front row???" Go back and have a read... what a difference a month makes - oh yeah, the thread was locked because people called the TPS fascists...

Ladies Love Julius James
I wouldn't doubt it. They probably use threads during thier briefing. But who gives a fuck...they can't do shit.

RPB_Brantford_08

i was at a night game vs Independiente and some of the so called fans yelled down from the east section, part time supporter cause i had to leave to catch the go train, if these idiots want to pay for a taxi for me to get back to brantford for missing the go train so be it, other wise they should just STFU!! Its bad you guys got tossed though, as you said it was no TFC game, the Toronto Police seem to be out of practice in people relations department....file a complaint with the city over the cops actions.

ExiledRed
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
I know for a fact that the police scour these boards.

I'm going to be much more wary of the 'everybody post a photo of your car' threads from now on, and less open about my personal life.

Lesson learned.

CenturySam
07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
We need to issue a formal complaint with the police force. We can't beat them using force...we can do so using the system. When you use the system against the police, they fold like a house of cards.

We should be bringing cameras and taping every single incident. We should get badge numbers no matter if they refuse, and then report not only the incident but the fact they refused. We should get witnesses and file complaints on a consistent basis. I am guaranteeing you will get results a lot sooner.

and the when it is being recorded, as somebody is being forcefully remove by the throat or whatever, just roll you ankle and fall like 5 or 6 steps, then you got them by the 'nuttas' . video of police violence is a killer.

wisnae me
07-25-2008, 09:22 PM
The police are under the impression that the supporters want to turn these games into a fighting arena. He also said that they are all over the supporters websites.

If that is the case, it puts their behavior in an even more dubious light…the content posted in supporters forums in no way encourages the conduct your local officer is referring to.

Pigfynn
07-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Always record exchanges with police if at all possible no matter how insignificant they seem at the time. You, nor them should have any reservations about you doing so if both parties are behaving lawfully.

I'm very sorry to hear about this incident, but not at all surprised...I have heard the police in 114 talk about how they are trained for duty at BMO by watching videos of european holligans beating and even killing cops....utter bullshit.

RealG-TFC
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
What a waste of time for them to look at these boards. Shouldn't they be taking drug dealers off streets?

Pigfynn
07-25-2008, 09:56 PM
or child pornographers, murderers, gang members,drunk drivers. You know, criminals!!!

Jamaicanadian
07-25-2008, 10:02 PM
The view expressed in this recording are solely those of the artist and by NO MEANS do I encourage or condone violence against law officials.

DILLA RIP!!!!

-B0Oens2HUo

Hooligan69
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
or child pornographers, murderers, gang members,drunk drivers. You know, criminals!!!

Of course not. That would require actual work.

Maybe I should request that my username be changed because they might suspect me of some violent behaviour at games. :rolleyes: :noidea:

Bars92
07-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Tell me about it. I got kicked out the first game I went to this year vs Red Bull when I tried to sneek into the south end. Cops escorted me out and took my name while they surrounded me with an entire unit. :p

RedRum
07-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Noone of the groups stood behind me except ULTRAS.

Should have taken a stand against cops then maybe?

To be fair, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. Numerous on here were in complete agreement with you and were willing to protest your treatment.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-25-2008, 10:25 PM
The cops are a fucking joke and I'm sick and tired of assholes who stand up for them. They live in a dream world where there are cops are the good guys who bust only bad people. They will never realise that the police to a certain extent is there to control and keep the powerfull in place. And they see themselves as outside of society. If you don't believe try having a conversation with one of them.
A lot of cops are a-holes, I'll agree with that. And they're always trying to find things that they can scare people with, so they can pass laws that take away our rights, privacy and freedom on the pretence of protecting us further from the big bad faceless evil people. Then, obviously, you've got the ones who only became cops because they're big hulking dumbasses who get off on hitting people.

But dude, your modern metropolitan police aren't there to keep the powerful in place, that would be the army.;)

The ideal is for them to make our cities a safe place for people to live, free from drug wars, gangs, shootings, blah blah blah. If it weren't for the police, life would be like a Grand Theft Auto game. Unfortunately, though, the cops at BMO don't seem to get it, and are under the impression that they're there to stop people from singing too loudly or carrying banners and try to intimidate those hardened hooligans that are the Red Patch Boys.:rolleyes:

NateDoGG
07-25-2008, 11:31 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/05/01/0205PIGS_narrowweb__300x365,0.jpg

"i smell bacon."

NF-FC
07-26-2008, 07:52 AM
...of course also this ties in with security concerns for the :canada:Canada :canada: game versus :stogey: Jamaica :stogey: they better have a cage for the away supporters or we better just have alot of green to calm them down :noidea::noidea::thumbsup:[/COLOR]

I guarantee that the Jamaicans will be allowed to get away with murder. They could come and punch you in the face then the TPS will choke slam you for harassing the Jamaicans

BakaGaijin
07-26-2008, 08:46 AM
I guarantee that the Jamaicans will be allowed to get away with murder. They could come and punch you in the face then the TPS will choke slam you for harassing the Jamaicans

I seriously doubt that.

On August 20th I got no love for the Jamaican's....however, if there is one group that the T.O. police particularily like to discriminate against.....it would be them.

Heathen
07-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I seriously doubt that.

On August 20th I got no love for the Jamaican's....however, if there is one group that the T.O. police particularily like to discriminate against.....it would be them.

yes but they like to discriminate when they have 1 or 2 in a car think they'll keep their distance when they have a few thousand to deal with

NF-FC
07-26-2008, 09:03 AM
TPS will be scared shitless of the Jamaicans

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Correction: We can hopefully use our connections with MLSE to get the worst cops thrown off BMO Field pay-duty. Using "the system" to fight police abuses of power does not typically lead to their folding like a house of cards. More often than not, it leads to widespread perjury by fellow police officers and harassment of the complainant.

what division is it that usually covers TFC games?
asking for legitimate reasons here. I was thinking 51? but I don't know if that sounds right to me.

14 division, I think.

JDG
07-26-2008, 09:48 AM
At the All-Star party, I was standing outside without a ticket, hoping to take a few pictures of some friends going in, or maybe some players.
I got into a discussion with three Seargents who were on pay duty that night.
The discussion was friendly, and these seemed to be pretty decent fellows.
I was a little taken aback by the attitude of one of them though. He claimed to have been doing pay duty at one of the games, and was hit by a beer that was thrown from the stands. Let me tell you that he took this very personally, and his view of us is now very unforgiving.
This particular officer made statements to me that suggested that the whole stadium should be a family appropriate atmosphere, and that we are a menace to society. He suggested that the potential for violence was extreme, and when I questioned that, he brought up the U-20 Chilean incident. I acknowledged that that was a problem, and suggested that an International game brings a different group of supporters with a different set of biases. I added that the TFC supporters are pretty tame when you compare us to other events. I pointed to the fighting at the Jays games, and the problems that commonly come with concerts, but this officer was not going to be swayed from his perception of us, no matter what. He even went so far as to suggest that the chanting is illegal, and we could be charged with inciting a public disturbance.
While we were talking, another officer approached us, to say that they were being assigned to another location, and the guy with the anti-supporter attitude stepped away. That left me with two officers that hadn't said much in awhile. I continued to question the absent officer's opinions, and the remaining seargents said things that indicated they were more in line with agreeing with me. They suggested that the other cop, and his opinions are what makes society great - differeing opinions are important, and contribute to "the spice of life".

We really need to take some ownership for the negative attitude of this one officer. He may, by nature, be an overzealous champion of our rights, but by nailing him with a beer, we gave him little choice but to pick sides. He doesn't see that we have any "right" to support the way that we want, that supercedes anyone's right to sit anywhere in the stadium with their kids, and an expectation of clean language and an opportunity to sit and watch a sporting event in peace.
The laws are in place, and they are not always "cut and dried", so policing is all about upholding policies of enforcement. There is a lot of lattitude available to them, in how they deal with them.
Throwing beer at police officers, and going off on "fuck the pigs" rants will not do anything to make things better.

13CP
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
^ Agreed. Throwing your beer at someone gives them little choice but to choose sides.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-26-2008, 10:03 AM
What about the people that get their asses kicked for no reason at late night by Toronto's finest? That's the other extreme but it does happen.

Roogsy
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Throwing beer at police officers, and going off on "fuck the pigs" rants will not do anything to make things better.

So very true. The funniest thing is that is the people who make those comments are a) people who have seen worse cops in other countries and should know better or b) people who don't know any better because they've never seen the world and could use an eye-opening experience IN one of those countries.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-26-2008, 10:24 AM
^agreed. Maybe a better solution would be not to throw beer at cops?

Some of them have this attitude that all soccer fans are hooligans, but still, don't give them any more reasons to treat us badly.

JDG
07-26-2008, 10:33 AM
What about the people that get their asses kicked for no reason at late night by Toronto's finest? That's the other extreme but it does happen.

I have first hand experience with this, and when I was faced with it, I was furious, but realized here was little I could do about it. It wasn't the uniform that beat my best friend to a pulp in front of me, it was the individuals wearing the uniforms. Target the individuals, and try to respect the uniform. There is no gain in indiscriminate hate.

Eastend
07-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I have never had any issues with the cops at BMO. There are always 2 sides to everything and if ALL the cops are percieved as over zealous by the supporters then I can see it as pretty easy for them to feel the same way about the fans. Something has to happen for someone to get kicked out...however small the incident.

Just my $0.02.

TFC FAN72
07-26-2008, 10:42 AM
I have first hand experience with this, and when I was faced with it, I was furious, but realized here was little I could do about it. It wasn't the uniform that beat my best friend to a pulp in front of me, it was the individuals wearing the uniforms. Target the individuals, and try to respect the uniform. There is no gain in indiscriminate hate.

Problem with your statement is that although I try to RESPECT the uniform, the individuals wearing them take events such as TFC games and Jays games as a reason to show them that although you are trying to have fun, if they don't like it, they are going to do something about it.

Now I am all for policing the streets, but at a sporting event, I paid to scream my ass off, sing, chant and pretty much have a blast if I so CHOOSE.

Not wanting to stir the pot, but just wondering why they are targeting those that are having a good time.

Jamaicanadian
07-26-2008, 01:11 PM

True dat....stereotyping is irrational......
BTW....Bro! How you gonna expose big man like that :o
We know each other?..I dont have many random friends :noidea:

JDG
07-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Problem with your statement is that although I try to RESPECT the uniform, the individuals wearing them take events such as TFC games and Jays games as a reason to show them that although you are trying to have fun, if they don't like it, they are going to do something about it.

Now I am all for policing the streets, but at a sporting event, I paid to scream my ass off, sing, chant and pretty much have a blast if I so CHOOSE.

Not wanting to stir the pot, but just wondering why they are targeting those that are having a good time.

This is where the line is drawn.
If the police see us doing what you've described, there will be no problems. When they see that our enthusiasm leads to assaults, fighting, projectiles sailing at them from under cover of the crowd, and damage to private property, they will have no choice but to see things differently.

TFC FAN72
07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
This is where the line is drawn.
If the police see us doing what you've described, there will be no problems. When they see that our enthusiasm leads to assaults, fighting, projectiles sailing at them from under cover of the crowd, and damage to private property, they will have no choice but to see things differently.

Well then. that line has been crossed and now for the actions of a VERY SELECT few, we as Supporters are now at risk of being tossed/ banned from attending the place we love to be at.

Not sure what can be done as I am not generally in the RPB section as I am not a Season ticket holder(YET), but if it comes to anyone's attention that these actions are occurring in said section, is there anything that can done?

I mean, at the end of the day, the actions of some can be very detrimental to the team and the good vibe most everyone tries to implement on a game to game basis.

Hooligan69
07-26-2008, 04:45 PM
This particular officer made statements to me that suggested that the whole stadium should be a family appropriate atmosphere, and that we are a menace to society. He suggested that the potential for violence was extreme, and when I questioned that, he brought up the U-20 Chilean incident. I acknowledged that that was a problem, and suggested that an International game brings a different group of supporters with a different set of biases. I added that the TFC supporters are pretty tame when you compare us to other events. I pointed to the fighting at the Jays games, and the problems that commonly come with concerts, but this officer was not going to be swayed from his perception of us, no matter what. He even went so far as to suggest that the chanting is illegal, and we could be charged with inciting a public disturbance.

The incident at the U-20 World Cup involved players on the Chilean squad getting into altercations with police officers. It wasn't supporters at all.

JDG
07-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Well then. that line has been crossed and now for the actions of a VERY SELECT few, we as Supporters are now at risk of being tossed/ banned from attending the place we love to be at.

Not sure what can be done as I am not generally in the RPB section as I am not a Season ticket holder(YET), but if it comes to anyone's attention that these actions are occurring in said section, is there anything that can done?

I mean, at the end of the day, the actions of some can be very detrimental to the team and the good vibe most everyone tries to implement on a game to game basis.

This is the point I was trying to get across.
There are many who think that "Ratting Out" someone who has done something that could end up being the catalyst for action by the police and the team, is somehow going to make you less of a supporter.
I don't really see the connection, but I understand that there should be some self policing where possible.

The incident at the U-20 World Cup involved players on the Chilean squad getting into altercations with police officers. It wasn't supporters at all.

I didn't split hairs with him. He wouldn't have seen the difference. If he can't see that brawling in the upper decks at the Jays games isn't as bad as what we do in the South End, what makes you think he'll seperate players actions from supporters actions?

Inswingingwingman
07-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Throwing anything at an event where you have beer or spirits sold can result in
a) a Criminal Charge for assault if you hit anyone
b) a Charge under the Liq. Lic. Act via Provincial Offences
c) A serious criminal assault charge if you hit a police officer.
d) a sanction under the liq. lic. act, where you can lose you licence, have it suspended, be fined, or all of those

All Message boards have always been scanned by Police and Fire Intelligence units.

That is prevention, and if they think you might be going to do something illegal they get pro-active.

There needs to be 2 distinct areas at BMO. One for hard core fans, the other to isolate the kids and those who want no part of beer baths. I support having a drum pounding, chanting, singing, hard core group.
the
But the most embarassed in my life I ever got was taking my daughter to a junior hockey game. She was 7 and some guy behind me kept yelling Fu**** Cu** at the ref. Class all they way.
Now I suppose someone is going to say kids should stay home, great way to build a soccer franchise!

JDG
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Throwing anything at an event where you have beer or spirits sold can result in
a) a Criminal Charge for assault if you hit anyone
b) a Charge under the Liq. Lic. Act via Provincial Offences
c) A serious criminal assault charge if you hit a police officer.
d) a sanction under the liq. lic. act, where you can lose you licence, have it suspended, be fined, or all of those

All Message boards have always been scanned by Police and Fire Intelligence units.

That is prevention, and if they think you might be going to do something illegal they get pro-active.

There needs to be 2 distinct areas at BMO. One for hard core fans, the other to isolate the kids and those who want no part of beer baths. I support having a drum pounding, chanting, singing, hard core group.
the
But the most embarassed in my life I ever got was taking my daughter to a junior hockey game. She was 7 and some guy behind me kept yelling Fu**** Cu** at the ref. Class all they way.
Now I suppose someone is going to say kids should stay home, great way to build a soccer franchise!

A good summary. Nobody should be saying either group should stay at home. There needs to be a seperation so that the police/security don't need to be concerned about the effect of one segment of the fanbase on the other.

Inswingingwingman
07-27-2008, 02:17 PM
One way to cure the overpriced beer, throw some at a cop and lose the licence to sell it. That has pros and cons.

And like the biggest problem with tailgating is even if you get a sponsor, and go and have 3 beers in an hour you legally can't get your drunk butt into the stadium. Hard call that. I can have 3 beers and seem fine, but if you had some accident and it turned out you drank 3 beers in the first hour and got into the stadium and had 2 more and fell down breaking your leg, the stadium loses the lic. Happens all the time in bars, guys down a quart of rye in the car, show up sober, get 1 beer and you go WTF? How'd they get drunk so fast. Oh, yeah, and the E didn't help either. One of the worst jobs in the world is managing a busy bar, been there and done that too.

Super
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Supporters section shouldn't include kids. They should sit in the family section. Period, end of story. Supporters have foul language because the passion brings us to the point of cursing. I rarely curse in my daily life, but during the game it's a different story. So I say, keep the kids in the family sections and leave the supporters section to the 18+ crowd who are less offended by the dirty, sweaty, offensive atmosphere often brought on by passionate supporters such as most of us on this board.

ExiledRed
07-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Supporters section shouldn't include kids. They should sit in the family section. Period, end of story. Supporters have foul language because the passion brings us to the point of cursing. I rarely curse in my daily life, but during the game it's a different story. So I say, keep the kids in the family sections and leave the supporters section to the 18+ crowd who are less offended by the dirty, sweaty, offensive atmosphere often brought on by passionate supporters such as most of us on this board.

How about no.

How about we keep the entire stadium accessible to supporters of all ages, like they do all over the world.

The Pope
07-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Supporters section shouldn't include kids. They should sit in the family section. Period, end of story.

it's not the kids that are the problem, it's overbearing parents who don't know what they're getting into when they bring their kids in, and then expect us to change what we're doing for them (or for the sake of their children)

JDG
07-27-2008, 02:52 PM
How about no.

How about we keep the entire stadium accessible to supporters of all ages, like they do all over the world.

Accessible - Yes
The supporters section should be known as a 14AA type of atmosphere so people who would be offended know to steer clear, but don't block anyone form entry.

Mrs. Workie
07-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again;

Security seems to be more interested in telling me to get off my chair, than worrying about the things being thrown, or in the case of the Montreal game, smoke bombs.

I also think it's time to start doing our own policing. If you see someone throwing something, call them on it. I'm not going to have some douchebag ruin it for the rest of us. And I also think it's time to bring up revoking memberships where possible (I understand not everyone in the south end is a member, but we have control over our own). If you're going to consistently be an idiot, I don't want you in my group.

Super
07-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Problem is that if there's a kid around and you curse, you're going to get kicked out by either security or the police. So either we clean up the language, or we accept the fact that we might get kicked out for throwing an F-bomb.

That's why I want supporters section to be adults only. Parents might accept the language when they bring in their kids, but I can promise you that security won't.

Mrs. Workie
07-27-2008, 04:08 PM
I've seen kids in 112 this year (TFC Cityboy and his son have sat down from us a couple times). Parents need to be aware of what they are bringing their child into.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

Worldproof your child, don't try to childproof the world.

TFC FAN72
07-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I've seen kids in 112 this year (TFC Cityboy and his son have sat down from us a couple times). Parents need to be aware of what they are bringing their child into.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

I am not in the south end, but I brought my 8 year old daughter to the Pachuca match, and although I was concerned slightly because I know how things go at the matches, my daughter loved it and wanted to sit in the Supporters section as opposed to 120 where we were as she said it was "LAME":D

She said it was really no different than a typical schoolyard. But you are 100% correct in your assessment.

Hooligan69
07-27-2008, 07:02 PM
GET AWAY FROM ME, COPPER. :eek:

:leaving:

stretchthetruth
07-27-2008, 08:33 PM
I know for a fact that the police scour these boards.

I'm going to be much more wary of the 'everybody post a photo of your car' threads from now on, and less open about my personal life.

Lesson learned.

stretchthetruth: hahaha what a joke... better not say anything bad here, boys - big brother is watching you - and your online posts... maybe printing your handle on your jersey isnt such a good idea afterall?

White games have a regular
paid-duty response where officers
are hired by TFC to police BMO
Field. Red games are ones with a
heightened fan interest, where
on-duty officers from 14 and 52
Community Response Units,
Traffic Services, Mounted Unit
officers and plainclothes officers
patrol outside the park.

White games = typical police presence
Red games = a great excuse for fascist style policing!... can we get a list of these games? I'll wear my helmet.

the little quote in there is from the TPS newsletter...

Inswingingwingman
07-28-2008, 02:46 AM

Good concept except for the police, the Liq. Licence board, etc....both of which will use (improperly), legislation to protect your kids from drunken, or in their opinion drunken/high or immoral behaviour. Better to put them in the kiddie section and sanitize them than lose your seat/liquor licence or worse, kids.

Actually while your at it take your pre-teens to autopsies and crime scenes. I'm sure they will grow up all the better for it.. (right).

Just sayin'...............

On the other hand run around the house yelling F'n C*** and spilling beer and blowing weed smoke at your own kids all you want.....just keep them away from mine....though 4 outta 5 have left the nest......

And anyone who thinks that increasing police presence just because the perceived threat level goes up is a bad thing, wow, talk about being out of touch with reality. Probably the same people think the cops should announce they are all going out and getting drunk on New Years and letting everyone get hammered and drive........

Pro-active means just that....check what is happening, and then prepare.

The alternative is arriving at a real war with a pocket full of stones to throw at guys with M-16's.......that's smart..

Eastend
07-28-2008, 07:36 AM
How about no.

I have to agree with Exiled. I bring my son (10) to 3-4 matches per year and I sit in 114. I would be extremely pissed if I was told I could not bring him into MY section because he is under 18. I think Super's comments supports the Soccer Mom attitude. By now most people know or should know what the South End is like and if it's not a section they want their kids in then deal with it accordingly. If people are that naive to think their kids don't here/speak this 'language' when they are not around then they are the ones that need the life lessons, not their kids.

blackandwhite
07-28-2008, 09:37 AM
We have had increased number of cops in supporters section since the burning of the turf incident last year. We can all see this presence helped solve all the issues :)

TPS 1
Stuff throwers 0

Rudi
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Actually while your at it take your pre-teens to autopsies and crime scenes. I'm sure they will grow up all the better for it.. (right)
What an incredible leap in logic.

I didn't realize the supporters section was such a haven for potentially psychologically-scarring events. :rolleyes:

koryo
07-28-2008, 10:37 AM
What an incredible leap in logic.

I didn't realize the supporters section was such a haven for potentially psychologically-scarring events. :rolleyes:

We all know that hearing swearing in the stands is a gateway to a life of psychological instability...right?

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
How about no.

How about we keep the entire stadium accessible to supporters of all ages, like they do all over the world.That's not how it works at ANY European stadiums, they have a "family" section and multiple supporters sections.

But swearing around kids is just stupid. I wouldn't even say "damn" around my younger cousins, it's completely classless.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I have to agree with Exiled. I bring my son (10) to 3-4 matches per year and I sit in 114. I would be extremely pissed if I was told I could not bring him into MY section because he is under 18. I think Super's comments supports the Soccer Mom attitude. By now most people know or should know what the South End is like and if it's not a section they want their kids in then deal with it accordingly. If people are that naive to think their kids don't here/speak this 'language' when they are not around then they are the ones that need the life lessons, not their kids.

I didn't swear my head off when I was 10...;) But I have to agree with you, some kids know more swear words and expressions than their parents.

Barbarez
07-28-2008, 10:43 AM
That's not how it works at ANY European stadiums, they have a "family" section and multiple supporters sections.

But swearing around kids is just stupid. I wouldn't even say "damn" around my younger cousins, it's completely classless.

ohh please Shut the fuck up with your classless bullshit

Im classless hes classless everybodys classless who cares whos classless anymore. grow some fucking balls and while ur at it tell ur lil kid to do so too.

KdotOdot
07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
That's not how it works at ANY European stadiums, they have a "family" section and multiple supporters sections.

pssssst

your vagina is showing.

H Bomb
07-28-2008, 10:49 AM
After the Canadian Open yesterday a friend and trainer of Chez Reavie (the winner) approached him off the 18th green and started to spray him with champagne. he was grabbed by the neck from behind and tackled by the local police officer to who was there to ensure the safety of the players. Naturally there are a ton of violent people in Oakville at golf tournements these days.

What I'm getting at is that if an officer is put in an emotional environment and told to be very careful of all the dangerous people then their perspective becomes scewed and their natural reason is lost.

This is what has happened in 112. Security has been told to crack down...but there is nothing to crack down onto, so they are creating the environment they were brought in to prevent themselves.

If the people in charge of securty at the start of the year had not assumed that we were something we are not then the troubles would be minimal compared to what they are. But to expect anyone to believe in the common goodness of mankind these days seems to much to ask. look no further than this board for that.

olegunnar
07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm curious as to why some "supporters" are willing to take the blame for bad policing.
It's not my fault they have employees that do a bad job.

I go to games to support the team, not help cops do their jobs. Not only that, but these are pay duty cops making extra cash/overtime off the game. Fair play to them on making some extra cash, but they need to check their biases at the door.

Shaughno
07-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm curious as to why some "supporters" are willing to take the blame for bad policing.

I go to games to support the team, not help cops do their jobs. Not only that, but these are pay duty cops making extra cash/overtime off the game. Fair play to them on making some extra cash, but they need to check their biases at the door.

Hey look everyone, read this and realize what you're talking about. A bunch of cops who willfully took the extra job offered to them. They know what they're getting into and that shouldn't be busting people's balls at a soccer game just because that's how they understood the briefing.

THEY AREN'T DOING THEIR JOBS RIGHT. People get fired over that, these cops just get reassigned. :rolleyes:

KdotOdot
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
IT seems to me that the Pig Presence has increased only for the Montreal and West Ham games, shit they had a chopper during the Allstar game. I guess this is because of the whole "Hooligan" scare.

And now an instructional video from Ill Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XASLL8PC3Y

olegunnar
07-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey look everyone, read this and realize what you're talking about. A bunch of cops who willfully took the extra job offered to them. They know what they're getting into and that shouldn't be busting people's balls at a soccer game just because that's how they understood the briefing.

THEY AREN'T DOING THEIR JOBS RIGHT. People get fired over that, these cops just get reassigned. :rolleyes:

FYI
it's pretty lucrative!!

Pay rates (hourly) from the paid duty request form
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/publications/files/forms/paiddutyrequestform.pdf

Constables (all classifications) $62.50 (minimum $187.50)
Sergeants (when in charge of 4 or more police officers) $70.50 (minimum $211.50)
Staff Sergeant (when in charge of 10 or more police officers) $77.50 (minimum $232.50)
taff Sergeant (when in charge of 15 or more police officers) $79.50 (minimum $238.50)

ExiledRed
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM

If what you say is true, how come I attended over a hundred matches in the Kop at Anfield from age eight to age sixteen?

I wasn't aware that things had changed and the kop is now an 18+ facility.

Seriously, mate. Do some research, before you make false blanket statements like that.

adampz
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Are leaders of the SG's gonna get together and have a meeting with mlse or something? We can complain all we want about scalpers, security, soccer moms, but shouldnt we have discussions to talk to mlse about these things?

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
ohh please Shut the fuck up with your classless bullshit

Im classless hes classless everybodys classless who cares whos classless anymore. grow some fucking balls and while ur at it tell ur lil kid to do so too.
:rolleyes:

First off, there's a language called English that we use in this country, it might do you good to learn some of it.

Secondly, if I had a kid, I wouldn't want them swearing at other kids in their class, at the playground, etc. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have my child be a jackass.

RealG-TFC
07-28-2008, 12:27 PM

First off, there's a language called English that we use in this country, it might do you good to learn some of it.

Secondly, if I had a kid, I wouldn't want them swearing at other kids in their class, at the playground, etc. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have my child be a jackass.

People who swear are jackasses now?

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
If what you say is true, how come I attended over a hundred matches in the Kop at Anfield from age eight to age sixteen?

I wasn't aware that things had changed and the kop is now an 18+ facility.

Seriously, mate. Do some research, before you make false blanket statements like that.
That's good for you, innit. What I thought I made pretty clear was that there are areas sectioned off as "family areas" where it's expected you aren't going to be chain-smoking, swearing your head off and chucking beer at people. I never said kids or teenages weren't allowed in supporters sections, fuck, learn to read people.

AL-MO
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I have never had any issues with the cops at BMO. There are always 2 sides to everything and if ALL the cops are percieved as over zealous by the supporters then I can see it as pretty easy for them to feel the same way about the fans. Something has to happen for someone to get kicked out...however small the incident.

Just my $0.02.

Eastend, I thought the very same as you until it happened to me. There was no reason for the cop to act in that way.

adampz
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I love how we all argue with each other but cant talk about how we're gonna do something about the situation.

Shaughno
07-28-2008, 12:33 PM

I know plenty of children who grew up to be anything but a jackass who were quite fluent with swearing at a young age, myself included.

Your child ending up a jackass has a lot more to do with your parenting skills than it does the child learning swear words. I knew them at a young age but my mum did her job in ensuring that I never used them in public or in front of her. She also instilled a set of manners that I applied to swearing. I don't do it around children, unless they're around me in the supporters sections.

Basically, being a jackass has nothing to do with swearing at a young age.

ExiledRed
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I AM CANADIAN wrote:

That's good for you, innit.

^^It is great for me, I have many magical memories of those days and it's made me the rabid Liverpool supporter I am today, and those memories also inspired me to buy season tickets for TFC, so that my sons can have a team to go and cheer for and have their own memories to cherish.

If you dont mind, I'd rather not have to pay double so that we can all sit down and clap our hands...

There's no smoking, or beer throwing allowed by the way. Making the south end 18+ wont change that.

Eastend
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Eastend, I thought the very same as you until it happened to me. There was no reason for the cop to act in that way.

Understood.

stretchthetruth
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM

Well said. Nobody should be getting grabbed and threatened by police at a sporting event regardless of how they are acting. A police officer should NEVER intend to knock you out - reasonable force means as little as is necessary. The fact of the matter is, as olegunner stated, we arent to blame for poor crowd management...

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
...and for the oft-mentioned retort that people who complain about Canadian police should see what police are like in other countries...WTF is that? Because police are more corrupt/violent elsewhere means we shouldn't demand professionalism here?

Cops who do their jobs poorly should be forced to improve, and ultimately forced out of the profession if they don't improve. Cops who break the law should be prosecuted without fear or favour. It is illogical and dangerous to suggest otherwise.

Yeoman
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
okay well there's this thing called the continum of force
guess where the army picked up something like that? from the police forces
basically it's using the minimal amount of force necessary to keep complete the task at hand.
so really if ANY cop goes straight into that, they've clearly skipped going into the grey and went straight to black.
inform them of that, and request a badge number. it's manadatory for them to do so.
I'm not some backyard lawyer per say, but I definetely know my way around the system since I have several friends that are on a variety of police forces within Ontario and Canada.
hence one of the reasons why I asking earlier if there was a specific division that works BMO games because if that was the case, I do know some people that are some what up the chain of command in two of the divisions within the TPS. though I'm quite sure that they are not in the divisions within that area, I'm sure they know people who know people within the police forces.
they're exactly like the army; it's all about who you know and what back you can scratch.
honestly I think I'm just going to start pointing out people who are throwing beers at cops/security/onto the field even. it's bullshit. you keep giving us a bad name by doing so.

Derko
07-28-2008, 04:09 PM
As me and my mate were leaving the San Jose game the young lad beside us was being roughed up by a fat, greasy looking 'Rent-a-Dick', the dick called the cops over because his faggy carnival quality necklace got broken in the scuffle, and wanted the kid charged, he was ticketed for some lame reason, I blasted the cops, standing up for myself and shouted the cops were there just make money and lay tickets, has nothing to do with quelling any possible problems, and you know what the woman cop was the worst one, looked like she wanted to bash a few heads in.

Bars92
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I dunno whos worse the cops or the security guards.

Roogsy
07-28-2008, 04:46 PM
I know plenty of children who grew up to be anything but a jackass who were quite fluent with swearing at a young age, myself included.

The jury is out on that one dude. LOL!

As for swearing...you guys aren't getting it. We are all different here and grew up in different ways. People have to realize that while swearing is appropriate for YOU, it isn't for everyone. In fact, allowing your children to hear cursing at a young age is in general viewed as "low class"...or whatever. I am sure people here are not too concerned with that, but we still have to understand we are all coming from different positions and customs.

At the end of the day though, however you were brought up, if you go to the south stands, you have to expect it and not complain about it.

Mrs. Workie
07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
We all know that hearing swearing in the stands is a gateway to a life of psychological instability...right?

So THAT'S what's wrong with me!!!

Mrs. Workie
07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
At the end of the day though, however you were brought up, if you go to the south stands, you have to expect it and not complain about it.

Exactly. There really isn't anything more to say on the issue.

nfitz
07-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Supporters section shouldn't include kids.Why the fuck not? If I want to bring kids into a supporters section, and have no problem with what they hear, then what the fuck is your problem with that? It's not like they are hearing anything new.

Though personally, I've been sitting in a few places, and I've heard far worse language being shouted in the 200s, than I have in the supporters section. (perhaps because a drunk shouting his lungs off is more noticeable there, than in the south end).

flatpicker
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/copsinsouth.jpg

Yeoman
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
maybe if that pic was police in the stands, and us watching them?

heather
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
This cop was so over the top yesterday, it was unbelievable. Grabbing guys by the throat and threatening violence (I saw that too, AL-MO). I argued with them all the way down the tunnel and back and you could see both him and his partner had no clue about what was going on in there.

After that I went up to ask his badge number and he kept saying: "I'm busy now, sir, please ask me after the game." Fucking prick. Plus he's supposed to give me his badge number when I ask for it. I don't understand how he was "too busy" when he was just standing there. I got the number off his hat badge anyway. He's done at BMO for pay duty, as far as I know. At least if we're going to have cops, we need the ones who understand what's going on in there and won't react like that to ridiculously small incidents.

You could see how amped up he was... it was like he was itching for a conflict.

I'm REALLY happy you got the badge number. That cop was a fucking prick who just wanted to cause shit.

I saw FLUSH and ALMO being violently dragged/pushed down the stairs so immediately ran after them and scolded/yelled at the cop for his use of excessive force (in front of a big group of other cops as well - hopefully one of them got the point) until I got kicked out as well.

When I asked a cop for the badge number - even stated it's my right to get it - I was flat out refused. I demanded for it and was told it "wasn't worth my time".

Complete and utter bullshit!!!!

When I was talking to the undercover cop with ALMO after he escorted me out (the tallest guy I've ever seen) it really seemed that

a) he agreed that excessive force is being used
b) nothing is going to get done about it - especially since they wont give us their %&^*($%*%* badge numbers!!!

Just to add.. I had NOT been drinking all day so was sober when yelling at the cop and was very careful with what I was yelling at him about.

I was focusing on the fact that ALMO had his hands way over his head in the air the whole time he was being "escorted" out of BMO, that he was extremely calm and was STILL getting violently pushed around.

heather
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM

YES.

I wish I had been smart enough to start filming when I saw what was going on :(

heather
07-28-2008, 11:37 PM

Just my $0.02.

I understand that cops have to stick together.

I agree that there are many small reasons to get kicked out of BMO.

I do NOT agree that cops should be able to use and ENCOURAGE the use of excessive force to escort someone who is clearly cooperating out of BMO.

Here are my issues:

When one cop is OBVIOUSLY being overzealous and the other cops are standing around doing nothing / staring in disbelief.

When cops are openly (and unlawfully???!!!) protecting their overzealous counterparts. Refusing to give me the badge number makes me think they are trying to protect the pricks in their ranks instead of weed them out.

WHAT IS THE POINT IN THAT?! :noidea:

Barbarez
07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Heres more video evidence of those peace loving gentle wouldn't hurt a soul cops

http://www.svevijesti.ba/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9245&Itemid=207

Psycho-Kid
07-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Ugh it drives me crazy if you want to wear a leaf jersey get the fuck out it gets me so mad seeing people wear hockey jerseys to a Football Field

blackandwhite
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
ok loser you learn to respect first.. then wake up and read the thread.. and fuck off...

I am sick and tired of you newbies who just come and talk shit ... show some respect!

blackandwhite
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
my fucking toe has done more for this team than these loser kids who come and talk shit without knowing wtf has been going on for 2 years..

RedLion
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Ugh it drives me crazy if you want to wear a leaf jersey get the fuck out it gets me so mad seeing people wear hockey jerseys to a Football Field

Uhh, dude, you might wanna check out whats going on before you spout off.
Our club is very young. Read a few threads and get a sense of what is going on. If you dont get it, then most often, its your fault.

heather
07-30-2008, 12:23 AM
ok loser you learn to respect first.. then wake up and read the thread.. and fuck off...

I am sick and tired of you newbies who just come and talk shit ... show some respect!

blackandwhite you could show up to BMO in red bulls gear and I wouldn't give a fuck

something is seriously messed when FLUSH is called a part-time supporter and you're being told to get the fuck outta BMO