PDA

View Full Version : Game 24 - Lets Go to the Ex, Orlando!! TFC host OCSC Saturday Aug 22 4:00 pm TSN

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
08-16-2015, 12:19 PM
One good thing:

Orlando plays in Seattle today before flying home and then coming up here again.

Kaka will play. In theory we have our full squad.

Two teams desperate for points and a result.

Oh, and the Ex is on so the smell of candy floss and cracker jack will be everywhere.

notthesun
08-16-2015, 01:17 PM
This really has to be 3 points, not much more to say than that. We can sweep them this year with another win.

OgtheDim
08-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Orlando defence looking very slow. Martins scores a goal that I've seen Jozy do - power through the middle. Hope?

andyboy
08-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Please put Osorio back on the pitch!

OgtheDim
08-16-2015, 05:25 PM
The current RB for Orlando (was expected to be a backup this season but things changed) gets a second yellow. Not that a makeshift backline has meant much the last 2 games, but...hey.

Hope?

OgtheDim
08-16-2015, 05:38 PM
And now Ceren, one of Orlando's few decent mids apart from Kaka gets a yellow which puts him out for next week with accumulation. Hope?

Both Larin and Kaka subbed out early. Heath given up on this game and focusing now on TFC. Both of those players will be motivated.

mowe
08-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Not worried about Orlando. TFC wins 3-1.

TFC/Everton
08-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Win win win win win win win win

ffs, win!!!

QBall
08-16-2015, 07:40 PM
So the two teams who are tied for the most goals against in MLS are going head-to-head? Needless to say it won't be boring.

Redcoe15
08-16-2015, 11:53 PM
I wanna see our side beat the fucking shit out of these Florida poseurs, if our side has any post season aspirations.

Steve
08-17-2015, 09:17 AM
2 things have to happen in this game:

1) We need to win, badly (I hate to use the term "must win", but... yeah)

2) Altidore has to fucking score. Ever since his injury/USMNT stint, he has been dreadful. Not dreadful in an "unlucky" kind of way, but in a "I'm not going to run, fight for balls, shoot, or really do anything at all" kind of way. To me there are only 2 explanations. He is either still injured (or afraid of getting re-injured) or he's a confidence striker completely lacking in confidence (this is what I think). Assuming he's low on confidence, he needs to bag a couple nice goals this game to help get out of his funk. If he doesn't do that, he's on a downward spiral that cannot end well.

My problem is he's not the sort of player that's a fighter. He's not the sort where you bench him, and he comes back twice as good to prove himself. He seems to have a fragile ego. Instead of doubling his efforts to be the best, he gets frustrated and gets worse. I think that's why Vanney has yet to pull Altidore even when he's having a shitty game. If you start benching him for not being good enough, he may never recover. Vanney either has to continue to have faith in him (in gametime and the press) or he has to give up on him entirely.

Ultra & Proud
08-17-2015, 10:18 AM
2) Altidore has to fucking score. Ever since his injury/USMNT stint, he has been dreadful. Not dreadful in an "unlucky" kind of way, but in a "I'm not going to run, fight for balls, shoot, or really do anything at all" kind of way. To me there are only 2 explanations. He is either still injured (or afraid of getting re-injured) or he's a confidence striker completely lacking in confidence (this is what I think). Assuming he's low on confidence, he needs to bag a couple nice goals this game to help get out of his funk. If he doesn't do that, he's on a downward spiral that cannot end well.
The third option is that our midfield plays garbage when pressed. When this happens we resort to long balling it to Jozy from deep in our own end so he is trying to win aerial battles just beyond the centre of the pitch. Not much scoring from way out there and he isn't the kind of forward to win a ball there and tear towards goal on a breakaway. He tried it a few times but is too slow to beat defenders and he gets no support usually because everyone is playing so deep and only Seba makes runs. Also, because we can't advance the ball in a timely manner beyond midfield, Jozy tracks back all over the place to recover it and is almost never near goal when he should be. He was on the wing lots of times Saturday and that's not where a target striker should be. He's pulling himself out his proper position to help our failing mids and from there, will get no chances. His confidence is probably low too. Mine would be. You could go matches on end without a sniff of the ball unless you actively go and get it.

Blame should be placed fairly. Yeah, Jozy blew that header against SKC. That was him. He fell on the ball in NY. That was him too. For the other 179 minutes of both those matches our midfield was glued to the spot trying to see how many neutral or back passes we could complete in a row with moving at all. Until that gets fixed Jozy will be a non-factor and we will cough up more goals because we always have giveaways in our own end because we rarely make it into the offensive third.

Detroit_TFC
08-17-2015, 10:45 AM
He's not a target striker.

OgtheDim
08-17-2015, 11:04 AM

And yet Bendik kept pumping up balls to him and he'd actually win a good % compared to all our past strikers (except Dichio). I applaud his effort out there but its darn close to the wrong way to play Jozy.

This team has to be able to play out of the back and out of midfield. It has to learn to deal with the press. Now, the good thing is only 4 games are against teams liable to press us - Seattle, NER, NYRB and maybe NYCFC. But, we have to learn to deal with that tactic or we will be in a bind.

Ultra & Proud
08-17-2015, 11:06 AM
But we long ball it to him like he is one. Doesn't matter what he supposed to be, it's what we're using him like. That's how we're using him.

OgtheDim
08-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Hmmm.....TFC social media beginning to beat the drums for Gomez to start this week. They don't do that unless there is a good chance.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/633304096037031936

4-3-3 or wide in the diamond or 4-2-3-1? Regardless, something is going to change for Saturday.

Ultra & Proud
08-17-2015, 11:17 AM
And yet Bendik kept pumping up balls to him and he'd actually win a good % compared to all our past strikers (except Dichio). I applaud his effort out there but its darn close to the wrong way to play Jozy.

This team has to be able to play out of the back and out of midfield. It has to learn to deal with the press. Now, the good thing is only 4 games are against teams liable to press us - Seattle, NER, NYRB and maybe NYCFC. But, we have to learn to deal with that tactic or we will be in a bind.
And if we make the playoffs we'll probably end up with one of them in our wild card match knowing our luck.

Soccerpro
08-17-2015, 12:59 PM
TFC will win. But they must win this game because Orlando is garbage. Doesn't mean we're playoff contenders.

shwade
08-17-2015, 01:09 PM
This game doesn't mean anything except for morale. It's not a test or a measure of our abilities. If we win we shouldn't forget our last few blowout losses and act like this team is fine.

Ultra & Proud
08-17-2015, 01:29 PM
This game doesn't mean anything except for morale. It's not a test or a measure of our abilities. If we win we shouldn't forget our last few blowout losses and act like this team is fine.
The brass and media presence at TFC will pump it like that though.

Fort York Redcoat
08-17-2015, 01:44 PM
TFC will win. But they must win this game because Orlando is garbage. Doesn't mean we're playoff contenders.

This game should mean 3 points and time to work on what needs to be worked on.

You can only play who's in front of you so I don't see why we should be dismissive about a good opportunity to improve.

shwade
08-17-2015, 02:54 PM
This game should mean 3 points and time to work on what needs to be worked on.

You can only play who's in front of you so I don't see why we should be dismissive about a good opportunity to improve.

You can't improve that much when you're facing an inferior product though. 1 step forward 2 steps back with this team it seems.

Fort York Redcoat
08-17-2015, 03:58 PM
You can't improve that much when you're facing an inferior product though. 1 step forward 2 steps back with this team it seems.

Yet that means improvement. If you believe so strongly it means nothing why tune in? The above statement statement doesn't make sense. It's not a setback to face inferior opposition.

dupont
08-17-2015, 04:00 PM

Don't forget that this is MLS where on any random day, the inferior product will grab all three points. This is an important game and a win is very good against any MLS team. Ever since I first started following MLS, I learned early on that no team should be taken lightly since you really never know which last place team will stomp someone out of nowhere.

shwade
08-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Yet that means improvement. If you believe so strongly it means nothing why tune in? The above statement statement doesn't make sense. It's not a setback to face inferior opposition.

Because I'm a supporter...I hang onto that thin thread of hope that this team might actually make me proud one day. I didn't say it was a setback, just that it doesn't mean this team has improved because they win against an expansion side. They won against Orlando last time and followed that up with 2 shitty performances, is that improvement?

BelfastBoy
08-17-2015, 09:07 PM
This club just needs to make the playoffs as a benchmark. Who cares if the wins come against Orlando, Montreal, Colorado, Chicago etc.

Fort York Redcoat
08-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Because I'm a supporter...I hang onto that thin thread of hope that this team might actually make me proud one day. I didn't say it was a setback, just that it doesn't mean this team has improved because they win against an expansion side. They won against Orlando last time and followed that up with 2 shitty performances, is that improvement?

And my point is that we watch in hopes for improvement, not just that proud day they win fantastically.

When you say 1 step forward 2 steps back - that equals setback.

I am not saying beating an inferior team is improvement. It's how they beat them that could be an improvement. To write off the game like we couldn't or that it couldn't be the stepping stone to a run is defeatist to me.

I AM glad it sounds like you'll be watching regardless.

Jack
08-18-2015, 08:55 AM
2 things have to happen in this game:

1) We need to win, badly (I hate to use the term "must win", but... yeah)

My problem is he's not the sort of player that's a fighter. He's not the sort where you bench him, and he comes back twice as good to prove himself. He seems to have a fragile ego. Instead of doubling his efforts to be the best, he gets frustrated and gets worse. I think that's why Vanney has yet to pull Altidore even when he's having a shitty game. If you start benching him for not being good enough, he may never recover. Vanney either has to continue to have faith in him (in gametime and the press) or he has to give up on him entirely.
I disagreed with you the last time, but now I'm seeing it. I didn't want it to be true, but it really does look like he's down on himself a bit.

The third option is that our midfield plays garbage when pressed. When this happens we resort to long balling it to Jozy from deep in our own end so he is trying to win aerial battles just beyond the centre of the pitch. Not much scoring from way out there and he isn't the kind of forward to win a ball there and tear towards goal on a breakaway. He tried it a few times but is too slow to beat defenders and he gets no support usually because everyone is playing so deep and only Seba makes runs. Also, because we can't advance the ball in a timely manner beyond midfield, Jozy tracks back all over the place to recover it and is almost never near goal when he should be. He was on the wing lots of times Saturday and that's not where a target striker should be. He's pulling himself out his proper position to help our failing mids and from there, will get no chances. His confidence is probably low too. Mine would be. You could go matches on end without a sniff of the ball unless you actively go and get it.

Blame should be placed fairly. Yeah, Jozy blew that header against SKC. That was him. He fell on the ball in NY. That was him too. For the other 179 minutes of both those matches our midfield was glued to the spot trying to see how many neutral or back passes we could complete in a row with moving at all. Until that gets fixed Jozy will be a non-factor and we will cough up more goals because we always have giveaways in our own end because we rarely make it into the offensive third.
Jozy is really good using his strength to muscle into positions during buildup and playing the ball from feet. He's not a target man, despite his size and the temptation to play him as one. He is much better with the ball at his feet than on his head.

Yes.

I'd say it's not just close, it is the wrong way to play him. If you look at our better matches, I remember him being active and involved in the buildup and using his strength to hold off defenders while playing the ball with his feet in buildup. But in the air, he doesn't have the same touch and doesn't get as involved. Pressure on our mids means they try to hoof it out of harm's way and Jozy isn't the guy for that.

But we long ball it to him like he is one. Doesn't matter what he supposed to be, it's what we're using him like. That's how we're using him.
We are not using him right and it's showing. Our lack of ability to cope with the high press is part of the problem as teams are pressing our mids into making bad decisions (or hasty ones) in possession.

Ultra & Proud
08-18-2015, 09:14 AM
We are not using him right and it's showing. Our lack of ability to cope with the high press is part of the problem as teams are pressing our mids into making bad decisions (or hasty ones) in possession.
Problem is, I expect to see a lot more of that going forward and if we don't, then it shows which teams either aren't doing their homework or have managers as arrogant/naive with their own systems as ours.

Jack
08-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Problem is, I expect to see a lot more of that going forward and if we don't, then it shows which teams either aren't doing their homework or have managers as arrogant/naive with their own systems as ours.
Vanney needs to drill these guys on breaking that high press, or we're going to be screwed. I mean, the general wisdom is that a high press is vulnerable to a good ball over the top, but we don't seem to be executing that, either.

Yohan
08-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Vanney needs to drill these guys on breaking that high press, or we're going to be screwed. I mean, the general wisdom is that a high press is vulnerable to a good ball over the top, but we don't seem to be executing that, either.
You need other kids and forwards to make smart off the ball movement. Tfc players tend to react than be proactive.

Mateo1985
08-18-2015, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for this game!!! REally looking forward to jumping and singing with everyone in 112!!! It feels like it's been a while without a game at BMO. Partially because the last couple of games were forgettable but this should be the bounce back game!!! Hoping for some magic from the trio or at least just Giovinco.

See you in the stands mates!!!

OgtheDim
08-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Apparently they worked on beating the press before the last two games. Players didn't execute. Doesn't help when your points of your diamond play poorly and your shuttlers don't like to play out wide.

PopePouri
08-18-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm confident going into this game, therefore I should expect to be disappointed.

Jack
08-18-2015, 10:47 AM
You need other kids and forwards to make smart off the ball movement. Tfc players tend to react than be proactive.
Yeah, movement off the ball has been poor in the past few games.

Initial B
08-18-2015, 10:55 AM
My son has a game in Toronto Saturday morning, so he and I will actually be in the stands for this one to break our BMO cherry. Looking forward to an entertaining game, regardless of the score.

kwhisperer
08-18-2015, 02:56 PM

One thing I've noted at the past couple of games - including two at the last game - is throw-ins from near my section (120), where no one showed any interest in being the target ... they all just stood around, giving no options to the thrower. The people in my section saw it and were screaming at the players. No movement at all.

You'd think the coach could sit the team down and watch some film of Barcelona and say, "You don't have to be this good but at least have a look at what these guys do when they don't have the ball."

notthesun
08-18-2015, 03:38 PM
I think I may have read that Ceren would be out for Orlando for this match anyways, but he was suspended 1 game from the DisCo so he definitely won't be available.

OgtheDim
08-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Notes based on video of Vanney and others today (and Kudos to the in house GOL reporter for asking Vanney the question about formation)

Vanney indicating the midfield left the defence exposed against NYRB. Needs clarity in the midfield of who is stepping to who and pressuring the ball. Wants more aggression in the midfield. NYRB were allowed to swing things from side to side.

Bradley talked to about not trying to find the killer pass. "Recalibrating behaviour" of people who played in the Gold Cup.

Williams likely to start as CD again.

Perquis doubtful/unlikely for Orlando. Everybody else is back in training.

"Still working on becoming a team". "Still establishing an identity." Due to all the time away before the Gold Cup and injuries.

In discussions about the USMNT friendlies.

Anxious to get Manella his debut but needs to get minutes so both him and Chapman are down at TFCII.

Williams hasn't played CD in 2 seasons. He thinks its his best position. Was pushed out to RB because of how fit he is (and he does look buff).

mowe
08-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the recap Og, appreciate it.

portu
08-18-2015, 11:37 PM
Notes based on video of Vanney and others today (and Kudos to the in house GOL reporter for asking Vanney the question about formation)

Vanney indicating the midfield left the defence exposed against NYRB. Needs clarity in the midfield of who is stepping to who and pressuring the ball. Wants more aggression in the midfield. NYRB were allowed to swing things from side to side.

Bradley talked to about not trying to find the killer pass. "Recalibrating behaviour" of people who played in the Gold Cup.

Williams likely to start as CD again.

Perquis doubtful/unlikely for Orlando. Everybody else is back in training.

"Still working on becoming a team". "Still establishing an identity." Due to all the time away before the Gold Cup and injuries.

In discussions about the USMNT friendlies.

Anxious to get Manella his debut but needs to get minutes so both him and Chapman are down at TFCII.

Williams hasn't played CD in 2 seasons. He thinks its his best position. Was pushed out to RB because of how fit he is (and he does look buff).
Indicted Bendik on the second goal as well. Essentially said it stemmed from a terrible goal kick and that it was a goal we really should have kept out.

OgtheDim
08-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Indicted Bendik on the second goal as well. Essentially said it stemmed from a terrible goal kick and that it was a goal we really should have kept out.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting. Bendik might not start this weekend and if he does, his distribution has to be better.

SoccMan2
08-19-2015, 08:05 AM
This team is just not good enough they have proved it with too many performances like the game with the Red Bulls last Saturday . How much better is this team than Orlando really, not much really, therefore not expecting much from Saturday's game a loss is as much a possibility as a win or a tie. I think this team is done for another season, making the playoffs for this team will be a miracle never mind beating Orlando.

Couchy81
08-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I thought that was interesting. Bendik might not start this weekend and if he does, his distribution has to be better.

It won't be, Bendik has been a poor distributor since he started playing for us. His only positive ability is quick reaction saves.

Detroit_TFC
08-19-2015, 08:41 AM
I'm curious about Perquis' on going status. Is he pretty much done at TFC?

Ultra & Proud
08-19-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm curious about Perquis' on going status. Is he pretty much done at TFC?

Vanney said he should be able to go against Montreal. Also since he is a bit older, has a strain, and probably wouldn't be a starter with Kantari being new and WIlliams looking better than expected, might as well rest him a bit until really 100%.

OgtheDim
08-19-2015, 09:53 AM
It won't be, Bendik has been a poor distributor since he started playing for us. His only positive ability is quick reaction saves.

I actually meant had to be better or he won't start again. Management's patience with him is wearing thin it seems.

barticusz
08-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Here's hoping we can turn the tide here and get a clean sheet for once. That would be a big boost for this team.

Carts
08-19-2015, 10:07 AM

ABSOLUTELY.

Was re-watching the last 2-matches and noticed I'm not the only one WATCHING the match - half our players were doing just that, watching.

Movement, effort, finding space - even in the ball never gets to you you're making space taking a defender with you.

I'd rather see us lose 3-nil with an honest, gutsy, 100% effort - then just sitting, watching, and hoping for something (aka Giovinco) to create magic.

Ultra & Proud
08-19-2015, 10:51 AM
ABSOLUTELY.

Was re-watching the last 2-matches and noticed I'm not the only one WATCHING the match - half our players were doing just that, watching.

Movement, effort, finding space - even in the ball never gets to you you're making space taking a defender with you.

I'd rather see us lose 3-nil with an honest, gutsy, 100% effort - then just sitting, watching, and hoping for something (aka Giovinco) to create magic.
Seba was the only one who moved enough to help team mates and even he moved less than usual. Bradley and Jozy moved a bit and the rest were statues. Didn't improve until Herc and Lovitz came on.

CanadaLFC
08-19-2015, 11:02 AM
This match is important and a must-win in terms of getting 3 pts on the board after the shit-show of the last two games.

Hope we can replicate that victory against them earlier this month.

kwhisperer
08-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Seba was the only one who moved enough to help team mates and even he moved less than usual. Bradley and Jozy moved a bit and the rest were statues. Didn't improve until Herc and Lovitz came on.

There was a game about a month back where Creavalle got the ball in the other teams end and two guys were all over him immediately. So he's backpedaling and every TFC player was just standing there watching, as if they were thinking "let's see how this goes." Nobody made any attempt to give him an option.

GlenM
08-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Jozy is really good using his strength to muscle into positions during buildup and playing the ball from feet. He's not a target man, despite his size and the temptation to play him as one. He is much better with the ball at his feet than on his head.

Jack, we spoke about Jozy before.

IMO, there's valid points about his Strengths like ball at his feet etc, however for someone who's as big as him he doesn't play big.

GIO plays big

He tends to fall down quite abit from little contact.

People should be bouncing off him like flies.

He tends to be lazy at the wrong times.

He's a poacher not a striker.

We joke in 112 saying we'll see a flash of 5 min of his brilliance where he'll come out of nowhere and score.

Problem is when will that happen?

Why not put GIO up Front and slot Jozy behind to poach.

I like him and he should be on the squad but this what I have been observing while watching us (him) play.

GlenM

molenshtain
08-19-2015, 01:33 PM

IMO, there's valid points about his Strengths like ball at his feet etc, however for someone who's as big as him he doesn't play big.

GIO plays big

We joke in 112 saying we'll see a flash of 5 min of his brilliance where he'll come out of nowhere and score.

I like him and he should be on the squad but this what I have been observing while watching us (him) play.

GlenM

why would you put a poacher further away from goal? that's counter intuitive.

Detroit_TFC
08-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Gonna be Bendik because Konopka (and Hagglund) just got loaned to the II.

FO calling this a conditioning stint for Konopka and Hagglund, that implies they might get some first team minutes at some point.

OgtheDim
08-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Bono as the backup?

GlenM
08-19-2015, 02:24 PM
why would you put a poacher further away from goal? that's counter intuitive.

Because he's not exactly a speed demon and he would be in a position to get rebounds etc...

Just a thought, could be worth a try.

GlenM

kwhisperer
08-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Bono as the backup?

Can Konopka play tonight with TFC II and play Saturday with the big boys?

trane
08-19-2015, 02:50 PM

GIO plays big

GlenM

I understand what you mean by saying Giovinco plays big, but he is able to do so , because he runs at people and he has space by playing in the hole or on the wings, you put him upfront you take away his strengths, he could only be effective on the counter. Altidore is the CF, and he contributes to Gio's success by creating space and a player for Gio to bounce the ball off, and to finish. The triangle of Gio, Altidore and Bradley, is not our problem, despite Altidore being a bit lost at the moment. it will pass.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-19-2015, 04:19 PM
I understand what you mean by saying Giovinco plays big, but he is able to do so , because he runs at people and he has space by playing in the hole or on the wings, you put him upfront you take away his strengths, he could only be effective on the counter. Altidore is the CF, and he contributes to Gio's success by creating space and a player for Gio to bounce the ball off, and to finish. The triangle of Gio, Altidore and Bradley, is not our problem, despite Altidore being a bit lost at the moment. it will pass.

cosign 100%

flamehawk
08-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Konopka start w bono on the bench for Tfc 2 this could mean that Robert might have a shot

nascarguy
08-19-2015, 06:53 PM
bendik better play a lot better on Saturday he sould be sent to tfc II

OgtheDim
08-19-2015, 07:12 PM
The ref is Jose Carlos Rivero.

He did our game in Orlando this season.

aajking
08-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Konopka please! I don't hate Bendik but we need a keeper who communicates properly with our backline and mid.

OgtheDim
08-20-2015, 06:15 AM
Weather Forecast

Sunny

23 feeling like 27 all afternoon

Light winds from the Southeast

i.e. PERFECT

JayMolly
08-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Weather Forecast

Sunny

23 feeling like 27 all afternoon

Light winds from the Southeast

i.e. PERFECT

Sounds good, PLUS we get to visit the CNE FREE with our tickets to the match.
Therefore, a TFC win will be the icing-on-the-cake to make it a great day!

69Chevy396
08-20-2015, 02:27 PM
My prediction. Win this game, TFC squeaks into the playoffs. Lose this game, they miss the playoffs, Vanney is fired by seasons end, and Giovinco moves back to Serie A in January.

BelfastBoy
08-20-2015, 02:45 PM
My prediction. Win this game, TFC squeaks into the playoffs. Lose this game, they miss the playoffs, Vanney is fired by seasons end, and Giovinco moves back to Serie A in January.

What are you an Argos fan? Wise up.

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2015, 03:17 PM
What are you an Argos fan? Wise up.

Inappropriate and unnecessary.

His opinion is his opinion and he does it without insulting anyone. Show the same respect.

OgtheDim
08-20-2015, 03:37 PM
:scarf:

Like a lot of the negative waves around this team, talk of Giovinco leaving will continue until we actually win the whole enchilada.

We have been crap for so long, we don't think we are worthy of good things. And even when we eventually get a good thing we have never had, being in the playoffs, we will still think we are not worthy and worry.

I choose to not live in fear but to instead accept all that comes my way with a moan and a shake of the head and a good grumble on here knowing darn well that I am stuck supporting this team for the rest of my life.

When we score, I am delirious.

When we win, I am ecstatic.

When they score, I am grumpy.

When they win, I am sad, angry, upset, ticked off....all sorts of emotions.

But I am here because on those occasion like:

Dichio's first goal

that chipped goal at the end of the first season

The Miracle in Montreal

The 50K+ at the Skydome

The CCL wins

The goal by Weideman in the rain in a comeback

The come back against Portland last season

The win against Orlando this season

All those were some of the best times of my life (outside of family).

Yeah, I know sad but hey, that's how I'm built.

Any of those times....the memory and the hope of any of those happening again that day cause there is always that chance.....that is why I will be in that stand on Saturday.

And back in here the week after while watching them get thumped in Seattle.

Not going to worry about Giovinco leaving - cause those chances for glory will still happen after he leaves.Giovinco just happens to come along with that now, and is making it all easier on the eyes and providing memories we will all savour and talk about for years.

I support TFC - I support the reds - if its Gioviinco, great - if its Luke Moore, I'll deal with it :).

Canary10
08-20-2015, 03:46 PM

Like a lot of the negative waves around this team, talk of Giovinco leaving will continue until we actually win the whole enchilada.

We have been crap for so long, we don't think we are worthy of good things. And even when we eventually get a good thing we have never had, being in the playoffs, we will still think we are not worthy and worry.

I choose to not live in fear but to instead accept all that comes my way with a moan and a shake of the head and a good grumble on here knowing darn well that I am stuck supporting this team for the rest of my life.

But I am here because on those accessions like

Dichio's first goal

The Miracle in Montreal

The 50K+ at the Skydome

The CCL wins

The win against Orlando this season.

Any of those times....the memory and the hope of any of those happening again that day cause there is always that chance.....that is why I will be in that stand on Saturday.

Not going to worry about Giovinco leaving - cause those chances for glory will still happen after he leaves.Giovinco just happens to come along with that now, and is making it all easier on the eyes and providing memories we will all savour and talk about for years.

I support TFC - I support the reds - if its Gioviinco, great - if its Luke Moore, I'll deal with it :).

I'm worried there will be some big offers for Seba in the next transfer window, possibly even in this one. I can guarantee there are teams tracking what he's done in MLS this year and thinking he can help them. It would be nothing for a European team to plop down $10-15 million for him. Money MLS would drool over and take in a heartbeat. I know he's said he's committed and seems to love it here but this is the world of football where big money trumps all else.

molenshtain
08-20-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm worried there will be some big offers for Seba in the next transfer window, possibly even in this one. I can guarantee there are teams tracking what he's done in MLS this year and thinking he can help them. It would be nothing for a European team to plop down $10-15 million for him. Money MLS would drool over and take in a heartbeat. I know he's said he's committed and seems to love it here but this is the world of football where big money trumps all else.

whoever takes him would at the very least have to match his salary. Unlikely anyone would do so.

vortexdr
08-20-2015, 04:38 PM
whoever takes him would at the very least have to match his salary. Unlikely anyone would do so.

This....you guys seem to be obsessed with the fact that a player in his prime is having an awesome year playing against talent less scrubs... No one will match Gio's insane salary....At least no one that could afford it....He would just sit on the bench for the big team like Manure, Real; hell even Dortmund wouldn't have a spot for him, not as a starter and they wouldn't pay his insane salary for warming the bench.....

Teams like Hull or Sunderland are his destination and they wont be able to afford the fee much less the insane 7.5m a year salary....

Cmon......inform yourselves about European football before thinking every euro team will go after a player on a HUGE salary.

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 05:33 PM
There is no team in Europe that he would be worth more to than he is to us. We already had to outbid anyone else who was interested in him when he was a free agent. No one who we outbid then is going to be convinced to pay him more than we did PLUS a transfer fee after a good season in MLS. People in Europe are starting to respect where MLS is going, but I very highly doubt that anyone respects where it is at right now enough to pay good money for any player regardless of how well they play. Top teams get players who've proven themselves in top leagues. sub top teams get players who have done well is sub-top leagues. There is no sub-top team out there who would pay what he's worth to us to get him.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-20-2015, 06:00 PM
My take on this game, we are losing 52-43 by half, Vanney comes out of retirement, grows a THIRD leg and scores 4 hattricks to win the game.
Also Luke Moore becomes our new President and we win concacaf champions league.

Richard
08-20-2015, 06:09 PM
There is no team in Europe that he would be worth more to than he is to us. We already had to outbid anyone else who was interested in him when he was a free agent. No one who we outbid then is going to be convinced to pay him more than we did PLUS a transfer fee after a good season in MLS. People in Europe are starting to respect where MLS is going, but I very highly doubt that anyone respects where it is at right now enough to pay good money for any player regardless of how well they play. Top teams get players who've proven themselves in top leagues. sub top teams get players who have done well is sub-top leagues. There is no sub-top team out there who would pay what he's worth to us to get him.

Interesting you bring up sub top teams, I think the only candidate is AS Monaco as they are not quite up there with the talent of top teams but they've got the money and lets not forget Monaco has no income tax.

Kind of pointless discussion though, he isn't going anywhere unless TFC implodes.

Canary10
08-20-2015, 08:19 PM
$6 million American is hardly out of the range of a mid-table club. If he can be had on a $10 million transfer plus that salary there are teams who could take that on easily. Don't kid yourselves. And MLS would take that transfer fee in seconds.

Norwich paid £8.5 million plus $4 million salary for Ricky van Wolfswinkel in their relegation year ffs.

MightyDM
08-20-2015, 08:42 PM

But I am here because on those occasion like:

Dichio's first goal

The Miracle in Montreal

The 50K+ at the Skydome

The CCL wins

The win against Orlando this season

Brilliant! You, sir, are a Supporter. Well done.

MightyDM
08-20-2015, 08:43 PM
This....you guys seem to be obsessed with the fact that a player in his prime is having an awesome year playing against talent less scrubs... No one will match Gio's insane salary....At least no one that could afford it....He would just sit on the bench for the big team like Manure, Real; hell even Dortmund wouldn't have a spot for him, not as a starter and they wouldn't pay his insane salary for warming the bench.....

Teams like Hull or Sunderland are his destination and they wont be able to afford the fee much less the insane 7.5m a year salary....

Cmon......inform yourselves about European football before thinking every euro team will go after a player on a HUGE salary.

C'mon, Manure is a shit team.

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 08:56 PM
$6 million American is hardly out of the range of a mid-table club. If he can be had on a $10 million transfer plus that salary there are teams who could take that on easily. Don't kid yourselves. And MLS would take that transfer fee in seconds.

Norwich paid £8.5 million plus $4 million salary for Ricky van Wolfswinkel in their relegation year ffs.
MLS would take that transfer fee, but TFC wouldn't. MLS can't force a team to sell a DP, and they wouldn't sell a franchise player for that. Also, RvW scored 28 goals in 55 games for Sporting. The Portuguese league is rated much higher than MLS.

reggie
08-20-2015, 09:07 PM
nobody is Italy is going to pay him 7 mil a year.

Canary10
08-20-2015, 09:09 PM
MLS would take that transfer fee, but TFC wouldn't. MLS can't force a team to sell a DP, and they wouldn't sell a franchise player for that. Also, RvW scored 28 goals in 55 games for Sporting. The Portuguese league is rated much higher than MLS.

MLS can't force a team to sell? You sure about that?

I'm not saying it WILL happen only that I worry. The money is hardly a barrier. The better he does, the more teams will be having a close look. MLS or not.

Ultra & Proud
08-20-2015, 09:16 PM
My take on this game, we are losing 52-43 by half, Vanney comes out of retirement, grows a THIRD leg and scores 4 hattricks to win the game.
Also Luke Moore becomes our new President and we win concacaf champions league.
I ungree.

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 09:31 PM
MLS can't force a team to sell? You sure about that?

I'm not saying it WILL happen only that I worry. The money is hardly a barrier. The better he does, the more teams will be having a close look. MLS or not.
Yes, I'm quite sure that teams maintain control of their DPs. MLS might like to make it seem like they have full control in order to maintain their image as a single entity, but the Altidore situation last year gave it away. MLS wanted Altidore to go to NYRB, but they couldn't make us give him up, even through making us claim him in the allocation order. Why? Because WE had Defoe and they didn't. Sunderland sold Altidore to TFC, not MLS, for Defoe which made him TFC's property, not MLS'. In the end, all MLS could do was make TFC drop to the bottom of the allocation order for taking him

69Chevy396
08-20-2015, 09:40 PM
nobody is Italy is going to pay him 7 mil a year.
Giovinco could earn a bundle in endorsement money in Italy, if he returns, and if he makes the NT again. During the past two games, he has not been himself, he may be disenchanted with the team, the league, the tactics, the mediocrity, I Really don't know, but he has not played with the same itensity. You see this all the time in pro sports, when a world class player joins a lower level league, their appetite for carrying the team on their shoulders diminishes with time. Beckham, Henry, Kaka, Pirlo, Villa, waited until their age caught up to them before joining MLS, their careers already peaked, they really had nothing to prove. Giovinco wants to play on the Italian NT while he still has an opportunity, and he may have miscalculated the impact his moving to North America has on this dream.
Insofar as this weekend game is concerned, if they lose to Orlando, you can pretty much write off this season. Luck may still see them into the playoffs, but after playing so poorly for most of the summer, this team needs to win to prove they are no longer the bums of the past 8 years. I hope I am wrong, but they are the second worst defending team in MLS, which means, for all intents and purposes, that they are the second worst overal team, particularly when/if they make the playoffs, where goals are typically difficult to come by.

Canary10
08-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Yes, I'm quite sure that teams maintain control of their DPs. MLS might like to make it seem like they have full control in order to maintain their image as a single entity, but the Altidore situation last year gave it away. MLS wanted Altidore to go to NYRB, but they couldn't make us give him up, even through making us claim him in the allocation order. Why? Because WE had Defoe and they didn't. Sunderland sold Altidore to TFC, not MLS, for Defoe which made him TFC's property, not MLS'. In the end, all MLS could do was make TFC drop to the bottom of the allocation order for taking him

MLS has lots of ways to use its suasion. Also not sure MLSE simply walks away from the money if it's a decent enough offer. I mean, they are hardly an owner who hasn't cared primarily about the bottom line all these years.

Anyway, I think anyone who dismisses the possibility out of hand is being naive.

OgtheDim
08-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Nobody is going to pay his salary, baring Chelsea and Man City and he'd be a squad player there - like Bradley, if Seba wanted to be a squad player, he'd still be in Europe. The guy wants to be the big cheese. He wants to win stuff (and knows that this is unlikely this season). He wants his #10.

That, and TFC doesn't need the cash. Unless he wants to go, he's staying. And there is no indication he wants to go.

69Chevy396
08-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Nobody is going to pay his salary, baring Chelsea and Man City and he'd be a squad player there - like Bradley, if Seba wanted to be a squad player, he'd still be in Europe. The guy wants to be the big cheese. He wants to win stuff (and knows that this is unlikely this season). He wants his #10.

That, and TFC doesn't need the cash. Unless he wants to go, he's staying. And there is no indication he wants to go.
You are probably correct, however, he is still considered a top forward in Italy, where he could easily mitigate a reduced salary with endorsements. He is getting none of that exposure here.
He likes it here, but he wants to play in the world cup, and would return to Serie A if that is what it will take to secure a spot on the NT. I wouldn't underestimate this issue, for Italian soccer players a trip to the world cup is no different than a trip to the stanley cup final, or world series.

Canary10
08-20-2015, 10:24 PM

He's dominating MLS. That's kind of like me joining an under 15 co-ed league and dominating. Think he'll be happy with that in the long term? He's a competitor isn't he?

And again, his wage is good but not out of line for lots of teams. There are tons of teams with money out there. MLS and TFC are the only ones in the whole world who will pay that? Really? Asamoah Gyan is being paid double what Seba makes and he's shit. Seba is quality. He could easily play and start for someone like Crystal Palace who paid £12 million and $7.5 million/year in salary for Yohan Cabaye.

It's not that crazy to be worried about whether he'll be here next year.

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Also not sure MLSE simply walks away from the money if it's a decent enough offer. I mean, they are hardly an owner who hasn't cared primarily about the bottom line all these years.
MLSE might be too incompetent to build winning teams, but it's not because they're too cheap to. MLSE for years now has been willing to throw money at it's teams in the hopes that they'll win. They certainly aren't desperate enough to make a quick buck that they would throw away a franchise player. There's also the fact that MLSE likes to be the big cheese. I suspect that's part of why they brought two of USA's best players. Imagine the optics of them selling their franchise player to a team like Stoke or Newcastle. They want to be a big player, and part of being a big player is acting like a big player. No one would see them as a big player if they reluctantly sold their star to a mid-table English team

Canary10
08-20-2015, 10:33 PM
MLSE might be too incompetent to build winning teams, but it's not because they're too cheap to. MLSE for years now has been willing to throw money at it's teams in the hopes that they'll win. They certainly aren't desperate enough to make a quick buck that they would throw away a franchise player. There's also the fact that MLSE likes to be the big cheese. I suspect that's part of why they brought two of USA's best players. Imagine the optics of them selling their franchise player to a team like Stoke or Newcastle. They want to be a big player, and part of being a big player is acting like a big player. No one would see them as a big player if they reluctantly sold their star to a mid-table English team

When the ticket prices go up I'll be relying on you to remind people MLSE isn't trying to make a quick buck.😀

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 10:35 PM
He's dominating MLS. That's kind of like me joining an under 15 co-ed league and dominating. Think he'll be happy with that in the long term? He's a competitor isn't he?

And again, his wage is good but not out of line for lots of teams. There are tons of teams with money out there. MLS and TFC are the only ones in the whole world who will pay that? Really? Asamoah Gyan is being paid double what Seba makes and he's shit. Seba is quality. He could easily play and start for someone like Crystal Palace who paid £12 million and $7.5 million/year in salary for Yohan Cabaye.

It's not that crazy to be worried about whether he'll be here next year.
But Cabaye was already proven in the EPL. Midtable English teams are know for paying stupid money for proven EPL players. Players from the continent are seen as riskier. I think most of those teams would rather take a $7.5m/y risk on a proven player like Cabaye rather than on someone who's done well in MLS, but is no guarantee to do well in England.

Canary10
08-20-2015, 10:40 PM
But Cabaye was already proven in the EPL. Midtable English teams are know for paying stupid money for proven EPL players. Players from the continent are seen as riskier. I think most of those teams would rather take a $7.5m/y risk on a proven player like Cabaye rather than on someone who's done well in MLS, but is no guarantee to do well in England.

He's just one of countless examples. I think it's nuts to think no team is looking at him.

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 10:42 PM
When the ticket prices go up I'll be relying on you to remind people MLSE isn't trying to make a quick buck.
Should be fun to see how they justify that after selling the player that people would be paying to see :facepalm:

Ticket prices reflect demand. When there was a high demand, ticket prices went up. When the team was constantly shit and no one wanted to see them anymore, ticket prices went back down. That has nothing to do with whether they would sell their most important player to make a quick 10m.

69Chevy396
08-20-2015, 10:47 PM
He's just one of countless examples. I think it's nuts to think no team is looking at him.
If he leaves, it will be for a Serie A club.

OgtheDim
08-20-2015, 10:50 PM
:topic:

This is a game thread.

69Chevy396
08-20-2015, 10:54 PM
sorry. I hope they thrash Orlando.

Ajax TFC
08-20-2015, 10:55 PM
at the current exchange rate, his current salary of 7.1m USD would be equal to 4.5m GBP. Looking at a team like Spurs, the only players making more than him would be Adebayor (6m), Eriksen (5.9m), Vertonghen (5.5m), and Lamela (4.8m). Spurs has a higher wage bill than any team that would be interested in him, and all those players proved themselves in Europe prior to going to Spurs.

Derko
08-21-2015, 06:30 AM
at the current exchange rate, his current salary of 7.1m USD would be equal to 4.5m GBP. Looking at a team like Spurs, the only players making more than him would be Adebayor (6m), Eriksen (5.9m), Vertonghen (5.5m), and Lamela (4.8m). Spurs has a higher wage bill than any team that would be interested in him, and all those players proved themselves in Europe prior to going to Spurs.

Game thread, I hope we beat Orlando again, including this post only one other over the past 25 posts actually dealing with match.
Keep on track please. Good discussion to be in another thread :scarf:

OgtheDim
08-21-2015, 06:45 AM
Here's hoping journos are at the training ground today and we get some hints about who will start and what will happen formation wise.

Fort York Redcoat
08-21-2015, 07:30 AM

There's a thread for that

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37747-Sebastian-Giovinco-Best-player-in-MLS-history-Goals-Highlights

And saying "you guys" like there were a slew of people worried is just not the case. Also asking people to inform themselves about European football and then referencing 3 giants in that region looks pretty naive yourself.

But yes feel free to continue in the thread linked above.

Kamp Berg
08-21-2015, 09:50 AM
I can't wait until tomorrow! Really hoping for redemption! I would love to see another hat trick🎆🎉🎆

Carts
08-21-2015, 09:52 AM
ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK...

Go at them guns'a'blazin, hammer of hell, waves of attack!

Goals win games... And God knows we can defend so score'em'up!

BelfastBoy
08-21-2015, 09:53 AM
10-1 tfc.

Kamp Berg
08-21-2015, 09:55 AM
C'Mon, how about 10-0!

OgtheDim
08-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Based on this video, there will be changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3Ddl-7s_c

And this guy sounds like he might start. BIG mention about communication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4An3Z3Oilg

OgtheDim
08-21-2015, 04:06 PM
On another note:

BIG Crowd tomorrow?

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/634832132091846656

Redcoe15
08-21-2015, 04:17 PM
C'mon you Reds! Facespank Shithole City SC tomorrow!

OgtheDim
08-21-2015, 05:09 PM
FWIW,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM9MnjjWwAAJx7N.png

Derko
08-21-2015, 08:02 PM
ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK...

Goals win games... And God knows we can defend so score'em'up!

Ian Holloway style

Eastend
08-21-2015, 08:34 PM
ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK...

Goals win games... And God knows we can't defend so score'em'up!

Fixed.

Dom

charlieocc
08-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Glad to see Williams in the projected lineup. And hopefully it's right about Osorio too, God knows we were missing him last week

OgtheDim
08-21-2015, 09:33 PM
That is the first projected I think is way off.

charlieocc
08-21-2015, 09:38 PM
That is the first projected I think is way off.

Where do you think it's off?

MightyDM
08-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Where do you think it's off?

The club has been signalling Gomez getting a start and Konopka in goal. Past that it would be interesting to hear what he thinks the other errors are.

MightyDM
08-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Also, Jackson is available. He was playing very well. It would be surprising to see Zavaleta and Williams.

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 06:29 AM
I don't think we play the diamond.

I think it will be 3-5-2 with Jackson and Lovitz as WB's. Middle of defence will be Kantari Hagglund and Williams. Midfield will be Cheyrou Warner and Bradley.

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Oh, and

IT'S GAME DAY!!!! :scarf:

jabbronies
08-22-2015, 06:44 AM
I don't think we play the diamond.

I think it will be 3-5-2 with Jackson and Lovitz as WB's. Middle of defence will be Kantari Hagglund and Williams. Midfield will be Cheyrou Warner and Bradley.

Hagglund was sent down to TFCII

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Hagglund was sent down to TFCII

As was Konopka. Both of them indicated as training stints to get minutes.

In other news

DO NOT DRIVE DOWN TO THE EX TODAY

Why?

Cause the Gardiner is going to be a zoo.

To: Jameson Ave
Details: Two westbound lanes between Spadina to Jameson and two eastbound lanes between Strachan to Bathurst will be closed due to deck replacement of the expressway. One lane will remain open. The westbound Spadina on-ramp will also be closed

That's 1 lane each way open.

Take the GO. Take the TTC. Drive on King if you must. But do not attempt the Gardiner.

AlanO
08-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Take the GO. Take the TTC. Drive on King if you must. But do not attempt the Gardiner.
Subway is shut all weekend between Kipling and Jane, too.

stevep
08-22-2015, 07:29 AM
what about gardiner going eastbound? how is it that way? i am coming from mississauga

Red CB Toronto
08-22-2015, 07:32 AM
The sun is out, the sky is blue, what a beautiful day it will be for the Reds down by the lake when they take 3 pts with a victory over Orlando !!

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 07:39 AM
what about gardiner going eastbound? how is it that way? i am coming from mississauga

To: Jameson Ave
Details: Two westbound lanes between Spadina to Jameson and two eastbound lanes between Strachan to Bathurst will be closed due to deck replacement of the expressway. One lane will remain open. The westbound Spadina on-ramp will also be closed

That is directly from the City website btw.

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 07:42 AM
With the Ex on, an expected sell out, the TTC closure to the West and the Gardiner lane restrictions, I'd just suggest people add an hour to their trip and if you get in to the Ex early, buy some candy floss.

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 07:47 AM
FWIW,

Larson is suggesting a 4-2-3-1

Giovinco
Osorio Bradley Delgado
Warner Cheyrou
Morrow Kantari Williams Jackson
Konopka

I would slot Altidore in instead of Delgado.

charlieocc
08-22-2015, 07:50 AM
Dufferin buses are probably a nightmare too

Petor
08-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Extra Service to the CNE

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories...ce_Changes.jsp (http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/TTC_Service_Changes.jsp)

Discostu81
08-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Extra Service to the CNE

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories...ce_Changes.jsp (http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/TTC_Service_Changes.jsp)

That's good to know, may be quicker than taking the King streetcar and walking down Atlantic.

shwade
08-22-2015, 08:58 AM
FWIW,

Larson is suggesting a 4-2-3-1

Giovinco
Osorio Bradley Delgado
Warner Cheyrou
Morrow Kantari Williams Jackson
Konopka

I would slot Altidore in instead of Delgado.

Altidore and Gomez on the bench? Seems like a waste, I'd be surprised.

charlieocc
08-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Altidore and Gomez on the bench? Seems like a waste, I'd be surprised.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez start but Altidore deserves to sit. Needs a kick in the ass

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Gomez made a big impact when he came on as a sub. Start Gomez and bring on Altidore as a sub.

shwade
08-22-2015, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Gomez start but Altidore deserves to sit. Needs a kick in the ass

I hope the BMO crowd can light a fire under Jozy today but if he still can't get it going he should definitely start the next game on the bench.

kwhisperer
08-22-2015, 10:49 AM
I hope the BMO crowd can light a fire under Jozy today but if he still can't get it going he should definitely start the next game on the bench.

I wouldn't sit Jozy today because this would be a good game for him to get back on track. But I would bring in Gomez for second half if it's not working out. And if it's a manageable game, I might even want to see Seba, Jozy and Herc get some time together.

Lennon
08-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Best way to get to BMO from Queen's Quay/Union today? Streetcar?

MightyDM
08-22-2015, 12:33 PM

There is an ex special streetcar from Union, 509 I think. Try that

Defoe
08-22-2015, 01:33 PM

yep 509 union to exhibition every 9 mins or so. When you go down to the TTC station and your walking through the gate, turn right and take the stairs down.

Defoe
08-22-2015, 01:34 PM
With No TV and the Jays being so good i've missed the last few games. Hoping to see a good one today

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Sounds good to me..

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN
Expecting both Bendik and Altidore to be dropped from the XI. Konopka returns to goal. Giovinco will feature alone up front. #TFCLive

Lennon
08-22-2015, 02:01 PM
There is an ex special streetcar from Union, 509 I think. Try that

yep 509 union to exhibition every 9 mins or so. When you go down to the TTC station and your walking through the gate, turn right and take the stairs down.

Thanks guys.

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Looking forward to this one. If Gomes is in decent shape I'd love to see him in the starting lineup.

Kaka playing today?

mowe
08-22-2015, 02:45 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/635164598581137408
The @BacardiCanada (https://mobile.twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Konopka; Morrow, Kantari, Williams, Jackson; Warner, Cheyrou; Osorio, Bradley,Delgado; Giovinco #TFCLive (https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

Exactly what Larson predicted in his preview. Looks interesting.

portu
08-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Anyone got decent streams currently in Europe without Eurosport2

nvm found one

jloome
08-22-2015, 03:10 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/635164598581137408
The @BacardiCanada (https://mobile.twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Konopka; Morrow, Kantari, Williams, Jackson; Warner, Cheyrou; Osorio, Bradley,Delgado; Giovinco #TFCLive (https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

Exactly what Larson predicted in his preview. Looks interesting.

Orlando has a tougher lineup this time out. Will be interesting.

portu
08-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Haha Jozy on the bench because he only plays one position and Seba is better

portu
08-22-2015, 03:12 PM
As here we go do or die boys

jloome
08-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Fucking, why can't people get to the game on goddamn time? It's kind of shameful.

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Fucking, why can't people get to the game on goddamn time? It's kind of shameful.
uggh tell me about it.

If only Jason Devos would show up late.

jloome
08-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Wow. Warner cannot pass long.

jloome
08-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Great pressure right now. Good to see.

Blizzard
08-22-2015, 03:26 PM

It is embarassing although today is probably worse than usual due to the CNE messing things up. No excuse though. Go early!

It's a Toronto thing.

That said, I'm watching at home today due to family commitments.

portu
08-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Jackson has been on fire lately

jloome
08-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Jackson has been on fire lately

Best player today by a mile so far.

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 03:47 PM
awkward challenge, but not a red in my opinion.

portu
08-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Hey o red card lets go 3 nil

portu
08-22-2015, 03:48 PM
That was a fucking terrible challenge could broken an ankle

jloome
Deserved red. Could have broken his ankle.

pdubs
Time to take advantage. Lez go.

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Soft red but I'm not complaining

portu
08-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Kaka doing work defensively

portu
08-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Cheyrou needs to do better with that outlet pass

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 03:52 PM
This just serves to show that some players on this team are too slow making decisions on the ball. Down a man there should be all sorts of ways to probe that backline, even if everyone is behind the ball.

pdubs
Lazy being offside.

portu
They are really going to bunker down after the half we should go 3-5-2 and throw herc and *shudders* Jozy on

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 03:53 PM
Kantari does not look MLS level.

portu
08-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Giovinco out of form?

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Kantari is doing fine

blindbaby
08-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Bring Gomez in at the 60 minute mark. They need some kind of spark as there's really nothing worth talking about going on out there.

blindbaby
08-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Giovinco out of form?

A little bit, for sure. He's not getting the best of service to compound matters.

Soccerpro
08-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Kantari is pretty weak. Don't know what Vanney saw in him.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:02 PM
A big selling point of Kantari was communication with Damien, I said it when we signed him I'm not judging till I see them play a decent run of matches together

pdubs
08-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Our passing hasn't been good. Bring on Herc for a spark at halftime and win this fucking game!

kwhisperer
08-22-2015, 04:05 PM

Bring Gomez in at the 60 minute mark. They need some kind of spark as there's really nothing worth talking about going on out there.

I wouln't wait for 60 - bring Gomez in to start half. And bring Jozy in at 75 if they still haven't scored.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:06 PM
I wouln't wait for 60 - bring Gomez in to start half. And bring Jozy in at 75 if they still haven't scored.
If we bring them in that late then Vanney may be truly hopeless

kwhisperer
08-22-2015, 04:08 PM

If we bring them in that late then Vanney may be truly hopeless

Okay, Jozy at 60. In any event, start.half with Herc - this lineup isn't breaking through.

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Osario needs to come off

ag futbol
How do we get more of that outa bradley??

shwade
Jackson our best player taken out for the useless Lovitz.

GOLLL

blindbaby
08-22-2015, 04:15 PM
Nice work from Bradley and Delgado with the good finish. 1-0 good guys.

portu
Fuckikg gaols bitchess

pdubs
What a goal. Now get 4 more. Perfect start!

blindbaby
How do we get more of that outa bradley??

Like that...

portu
08-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Still think Herculez for Delgado would be a smart move

mowe
08-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Great work by Bradley, making Colin look foolish.

pdubs
08-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Jackson shown with ice around his leg.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Oso just isn't fast enough to be a streaking winger

bradley dominating

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Jackson pulled for precautionary reasons, not sure if they mentioned that on other feeds.

Inklink
08-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Gotta get more

portu
08-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Delgado for Herc do it now Vanney

Inklink
08-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Amazing

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 04:26 PM
Unreal - I can't believe they didn't let this guy take them more often in Europe.

blindbaby
That's just not fair; what a shot from Giovinco. 2-0

pdubs
There he isssssssss.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:27 PM
A good free kick does not equal good form

BUT WHATTA FUCKING GOAL

shwade
Morrow will be lucky if he gets out of this game alive

portu
Swap Seba for Jozy asap

portu
08-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Jason de Vos just revealed the secret to football "keep a clean sheet, score goals" brilliant

Inklink
08-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Seba might get amother yellow for getting on that linesman that much!

Richard
08-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Jason de Vos just revealed the secret to football "keep a clean sheet, score goals" brilliant

Fucking clown, put any fan up there and you'll get some better insight.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Good reaction from Konopka

Richard
Unreal - I can't believe they didn't let this guy take them more often in Europe.

I asked in the other thread, but what's the most free kick goal by a player in MLS? Giovinco is going to break that record at this pace.

portu
Ok Vanney Herculez and Jozy where are they

Inklink
08-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Why is Cheyrou taking dumb long shots.

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Was that like a 20+ pass goal? wow.

shwade
08-22-2015, 04:40 PM
About time!

tfcfans
08-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Wow!!! Most touches ever leading to a goal?!

pdubs
08-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Good patience to break them down. Tough to play against the bunker.

jloome

That was awesome. Twenty plus, I think.

Then again, Orlando has completely capitulated at this point.

portu
Beautiful interplau

PopePouri
08-22-2015, 04:44 PM

I went back and counted. 48.

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 04:45 PM
I went back and counted. 48.
Holly shit.

shwade
08-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Findley on, giovinco off - so we know there won't be any more goals the good guys.

portu
Lol Findley>Herculez apparently

what the actual fuck?!!?!!??!?!

portu
Holly shit.
No fucking way

Richard
08-22-2015, 04:47 PM

Kind of shocked, why not put in Herculez to get his fitness back up.

kwhisperer
08-22-2015, 04:47 PM

God I hate Vanney sometimes.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Wow great save Konopka

portu
08-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Lol Findley is lowkey paying Vanney half his salary to play him once in a while

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Bradley, after a slow first half, was everywhere in the second.

Player of the game IMO, slightly discounting Giovinco's usual brilliance.

shwade
08-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Lol first thing Findley is good for.

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 04:52 PM
You know, five years ago I would peg this Orlando team as being competitive in MLS... not today.

pdubs
08-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Good confidence for Jozy. Everything counts.

portu
08-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Hey look Jozy scored

shwade
08-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Cinco!! Is that the first time we've ever scored 5 in a MLS game?!

portu
08-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Hey look Jozy scored x2

portu
08-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Yo is Findley juicing or something that's his assist

pdubs
Bad marking. Good finish by Jozy.

They are down to 9 but you have to score when given that advantage.

PopePouri
Findley gets the assist. lol.

tfcfans
08-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Can we play Orlando every week?!

portu
08-22-2015, 04:56 PM
MB4 has 3 assists today

kwhisperer
08-22-2015, 04:58 PM
I want Jozy hat trick!

portu
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM
I have zero complaints, BRAVO

ag futbol
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Good work... after a sluggish first half we completed punished them for being down a man.

pdubs
08-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Exactly what we needed.

Redcoe15
08-22-2015, 05:09 PM
What a goal. Now get 4 more. Perfect start!
Yer like Kresken! g:D

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 05:12 PM
You can't take anything away from this game. Orlando are just awful even with 11.

Detroit_TFC
08-22-2015, 05:14 PM
I kinda thought Orlando would struggle but that was brutal. Nice to be on the other end of that for a change. Just what the doctor ordered for JA, too. That's good.

Redcoe15
08-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Underwhelming first half, dominating second half. Shithole City pretty much gave up after Bradley opened the scoring in the first minute of the second half. Bradley was my Man of the Match. And hopefully Altidore's confidence was given a boost after scoring two goals coming off the bench.

Now to lay the bitchslap against the Limpact next Saturday!

Blixa
08-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Total gangbang but gosh were Orlando awful. We probably could have pulled Konopka off and we still would have won. Bradley played great.

shwade
08-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Great win at home, hope altidore can keep his scoring boots.
I feel bad for kaka.

dutch
08-22-2015, 05:51 PM
everytime i miss a game it turns out to be a blow out or a hat trick night. anyone know places where you can stream games that are not live?

Oldtimer
08-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Let's give Vanney some credit: subbing in Lovitz likely kept the clean sheet. Putting in Konopka (and sending him down for a warm-up match) was good decision - making. Benching Jozy set him on fire! He's learned that no one is greater than the team.

Oldtimer
08-22-2015, 05:58 PM
everytime i miss a game it turns out to be a blow out or a hat trick night. anyone know places where you can stream games that are not live?

MLS Live archives them.

OgtheDim
08-22-2015, 06:01 PM
That was Glorious

Richard
08-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Orlando is garbage, good for the team to capitalize on the man advantage and regain some respectability but really I could care less about beating Orlando.

I want us to not get embarrassed by the top teams and not look shambolic when defending against them, hope that's not to much to ask.

ManUtd4ever
08-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Great result. We pounced on a weaker opponent that was down a man for most of the match.

Now it's time to show up against the stronger clubs in the league.

molenshtain
08-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Don't wanna jinx it, but today's result pretty much set in stone the six playoff teams from the east.

ronzilla
08-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Exactly. Beating up on a 9 man Orlando team is nothing to be proud of.

Next week should be a good test, especially if Drogba makes his debut.

Orlando is garbage, good for the team to capitalize on the man advantage and regain some respectability but really I could care less about beating Orlando.

I want us to not get embarrassed by the top teams and not look shambolic when defending against them, hope that's not to much to ask.

Richard
08-22-2015, 06:53 PM
So I'm wondering now if we start Altidore next game or not.

Giovinco is effective nearly anywhere an even more so if he is cutting inside, considering we played a 4-2-3-1 we could put Giovinco as in inside forward and put Altidore up top.

Petor
08-22-2015, 07:04 PM
That was fun today, weather was great, result was great and the EX was better than ok.