PDA

View Full Version : Good Guy MLSE

ryan
08-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Re-posting from Reddit, thought it was a neat lil story

Hey guys,

I posted a couple of months ago looking to buy some older TFC jerseys. Long story short, I am an out of market fan (I live in St. John's, NL) and have been following TFC for a few years. Since they are a fairly new team, I thought it might be kind of fun to try and get my hands on an authentic jersey from each year they've played, with a different player's name and number on the back from that season. I want to start a bit of a collection, and when I'm a 70 year old man and TFC has won a few Club World Cups it'll be a pretty cool bit of history. It is also something that I've quickly learned will take me a bit of time.

User thedoublec-reddit contacted me about a 2010 jersey in my size, but it didn't have any cresting. I quickly contacted Real Sports, and asked them if they could track down the numbers and font from 2010. The thing about what I'm trying to do is that I want an authentic jersey from each season, so if I could get the correct font and numbers then I would be interested, otherwise I'd take a pass and try to find one that was crested. I was pretty pumped when they called me back and said they still have the numbers and letters from 2010 and could turn this uncrested jersey into the authentic 2010 De Rosario jersey I had been looking for. I transferred the money, and had thedoublec-reddit mail the jersey to my family in Toronto, who dropped it off at Real Sports for me. Things were going as planned.

That was until I got the pictures after the cresting was complete. Unfortunately, the font was wrong. The letters and numbers were the 2014 font, not the 2010 font. I was a bit bummed, since I wouldn't have bought the jersey if I knew the font would be wrong. I explained what had happened to the person I had been dealing with, and while it wasn't the end of the world, it seemed my search for a 2010 jersey that met my criteria would continue.

I was contacted shortly after by the Supervisor of Merchandise and Retail Operations at MLSE, and they quickly began going above and beyond any of my expectations to make up for what had happened. They offered to get me a De Rosario jersey from 2014 signed by De Ro himself. I was pretty pleased, I don't have any autographed TFC gear since I don't have much of an opportunity to interact with the players given that I live this far east, haha. There were a few issues throughout the process, but MLSE kept in touch, and today my package arrived. I was very excited for the autographed jersey, I thought it was a pretty cool thing for them to do.

Well they did even more. Aside from the autographed De Ro jersey from 2014, and having already sent back the 2010 jersey with an error, they included two autographed balls. One is personalized and signed by De Ro, the other was signed by Seba. They also included a TFC hat (a little big for my tiny head, but I won't let that stop me from wearing it on game day) and a letter thanking ME for my patients.

Quite honestly, I think its MLSE that I owe the thank you too. While I was initially a bit disappointed about the 2010 jersey, I feel that the group went above and beyond when it came to responding to a mistake.
I've attached some low quality cell phone pictures of all the gear. I only get to a game or two a year if I'm lucky, but I thought this was an incredibly awesome gesture for a fan who isn't a season ticket holder or anything. I really feel they went above and beyond, and wanted to share my experience.

Link to the album of loot: http://imgur.com/a/Fzcg4

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comments/3go4i5/mlse_made_a_mistake_they_came_up_huge_for_me_in/

Pint
08-12-2015, 09:32 AM
MLSE = good guys? that's unpossible

C.Ronaldo
08-12-2015, 10:18 AM
finally, some fan appreciation

barticusz
08-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Great story! Nice to see MLSE doing some extra stuff for the fans far from Toronto!

OfficeGuy
08-12-2015, 02:12 PM
It's the individuals rather than the corporation tho... so Kudos to those people

great story and great ending for him

Oldtimer
08-12-2015, 02:24 PM
It's the individuals rather than the corporation tho... so Kudos to those people

great story and great ending for him

There is no such thing as a "corporation," that is a legal fiction. Every "corporation" is a group of people working together for common goals (usually revolving around making money).

TFC07
08-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Cool story.

Red4ever
08-13-2015, 12:12 AM
MLSE screwed up an order. What happened next will blow your mind! *click*

ChrisFizik
08-13-2015, 09:57 PM
ha, good story. Happy for the guy. I think DeRo got a new job working at Real Sports and hooked this all up himself. haha