PDA

View Full Version : Game 23 - Eastern Battle in New Jersey - NYRB hosts TFC Saturday 15 Aug 7 pm TSN2

Pages : [1] 2 3

OgtheDim
08-09-2015, 06:57 PM
After that game on Saturday, I would think reduced expectations. Hoping for a win, would take a tie, expecting a loss.

Like Columbus, this is a big game standings wise.

NYRB are a solid team from back to front. Lots of energy. Play a lot like SKC actually.

We are a solid team from middle to front. I think we can get goals on the counter. But the defence needs to stand up and have a 99.9% game.

Wouldn't read too much into the derby happening tonight. NYCFC is a big mess.

portu
08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be the first game this season where everyone is available for selection?

Bendik; Morgan, Kantari, Perquis, Morrow; Cheyrou, Osorio, Warner, Bradley; Giovinco, Altidore
Bench: Konopka, Zavaleta, Williams, Jackson, Delgado, Herculez Gomez, Findley/Moore

Discostu81
08-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Isn't it on the 15th rather than the 26th?

OgtheDim
08-09-2015, 07:18 PM
UGH...if a friendly mod could change the title please. :facepalm: one keystroke over on the number pad......

Initial B
08-09-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm assuming Vanney will put out what he considers his best defence (Konopka, Morgan, Kantari, Perquis, Morrow?) and start to let them gel through the rest of the season. Cheyrou and Bradley will form the core of the midfield and Seba and Herc will start, with Jozy coming on when Herc starts to tire (having been chastised by his benching). They'll mix and match the remaining midfielders based on the strengths/weaknesses of the opposition (I'm thinking Jackson/Delgado for NY).

Ivy
08-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Truly worried about this game. NYRB are the best team in the east for me. Solid top to bottom.

OgtheDim
08-09-2015, 08:15 PM
I think I agree with Larson here.

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/630543607213223936

Areathrasher
08-09-2015, 08:21 PM
We've never won in Red Bull arena, have we?

SoccMan2
08-09-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm just waiting for the usual suspects to come on here and tell us that we should rest players for this game because we are unlikely to win and that we should give our top players a break and rest them for all the home games we are going to play that we have a better chance of winning.

MightyDM
08-09-2015, 09:39 PM
For me, Jackson has to play, and Morrow. Whether it's better for Jackson to be on the right of the diamond or at full back will be the key personnel decision for this game.

also, Prrquis KantAri at CB. For now. But against the BWP and SWP combo, experience counts.

3-1 Toronto.

khso11
08-10-2015, 04:19 AM
Think we should pack the midfield and be aggressive while shutting down BWP. 4-5-1 with Seba up top and let him do his magic. Bring Jozy in at the half and brutalize their defence. This should be a fast pace game with lots of fouls and cards.

Fort York Redcoat
08-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm just waiting for the usual suspects to come on here and tell us that we should rest players for this game because we are unlikely to win and that we should give our top players a break and rest them for all the home games we are going to play that we have a better chance of winning.

Wasn't that about a plastic pitch? Red Bull Arena is natural grass.

Graeme
08-10-2015, 08:14 AM
What about the 3/5/2 a.k.a. 5/3/2 that we played?

-----------------Konopka----------------
------Zavaleta--Perquis--Kantari--------
--Jackson------Cheyrou--------Morrow--
---------Bradley-------Osorio*----------
------Giovinco-----------Altidore---------

* or Warner or Delgado?

nick.mastro
08-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Please Konopka better get a chance to start

barticusz
08-10-2015, 10:13 AM
I've tried to be patient with Bendik.. my I just don't get what's happening with him this season. Is it just me or is his positioning awful as of late? Sure he's made some big saves, but the guy has let the team down with his subpar performances.

Konopka better? not really.. Q? has no experience.. Bono? he's been terrible in the USL. We have no one to play in the net.

portu
08-10-2015, 10:14 AM
I've tried to be patient with Bendik.. my I just don't get what's happening with him this season. Is it just me or is his positioning awful as of late? Sure he's made some big saves, but the guy has let the team down with his subpar performances.

Konopka better? not really.. Q? has no experience.. Bono? he's been terrible in the USL. We have no one to play in the net.
We need to fix this in the offseason we just can't deal with below average goalkeeping

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2015, 10:20 AM

A lot of his big saves are recovery ones as he was out of position in the first place. Good for him that he has great reflexes.

Konopka better? Maybe not but team plays much better in front of him so he at least is better at communication or instilling confidence.

I say with Konopka we lose close or draw. With Bendik we allow 3 goals minimum and lose badly.

ManUtd4ever
08-10-2015, 10:26 AM
We quite possibly have the worst goaltending tandem in the league to be honest. We should have never let Frei go.

barticusz
08-10-2015, 10:30 AM
We need to fix this in the offseason we just can't deal with below average goalkeeping

Yea we've ridden this wave for many seasons now. It's time it is finally addressed. The offense in this league is getting to a point where you need your goaltender to be key. It's no coincidence that DC, Vancouver are sitting pretty right now. High end talent at the back for them.

barticusz
08-10-2015, 10:31 AM
A lot of his big saves are recovery ones as he was out of position in the first place. Good for him that he has great reflexes.

Konopka better? Maybe not but team plays much better in front of him so he at least is better at communication or instilling confidence.

I say with Konopka we lose close or draw. With Bendik we allow 3 goals minimum and lose badly.

I'm with you. Konopka has better positional sense. Not nearly as athletic, but he doesn't have to be because he's in the right spot when the shot is taken. I'd give him another go.

OgtheDim
08-10-2015, 10:33 AM
We quite possibly have the worst goaltending tandem in the league to be honest. We should have never let Frei go.

Dude, take a look at Philly. Its where Keepers go to die.

portu
08-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Dude, take a look at Philly. Its where Keepers go to die.
But besides Philly

Oldtimer
08-10-2015, 10:48 AM
We've never won in Red Bull arena, have we?

I still have terrible memories of only needing a draw in 2009, going down to a big loss against the last place team and out of the playoffs.

Richard
08-10-2015, 10:51 AM
I still have terrible memories of only needing a draw in 2009, going down to a big loss against the last place team and out of the playoffs.

If there is a silver lining in that loss its that we most likely avoided having Mo for an extra 1-2 more years which would have set this franchise back another 3 years.

kwhisperer
08-10-2015, 11:16 AM

Didn't Red Bulls set the record that year for most losses in an MLS season? That game was traumatizing!

Detroit_TFC
08-10-2015, 11:45 AM
I'd say after what RB showed in that game vs NYC we're doomed but RB suffers from the up and down performance issue like almost every other team (incl TFC), so not a complete write off game at all.

ManUtd4ever
08-10-2015, 12:09 PM
We haven't played two stinkers in a row all season, and we'll have our full lineup available for the first time in ages. I'm hopeful for a result, but Konopka needs to get back in. He's the lesser of two evils for now.

OgtheDim
08-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Head's up people:

There's not a single journo or a single person involved with TFC who think anybody but Bendik is the man for the rest of the season. That's not going to change until he begins to make blunders that the staff credit as such. People can call for a change but it ain't happening.

C.Ronaldo
08-10-2015, 12:53 PM
The FO and Journos have never been wrong before. :/

Bendik over Frei was a mistake since day one masked by garbage defence

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Head's up people:

There's not a single journo or a single person involved with TFC who think anybody but Bendik is the man for the rest of the season. That's not going to change until he begins to make blunders that the staff credit as such. People can call for a change but it ain't happening.
It must be based on seniority and pay. I can't imagine how the staff can't see the errors he's making game in and game out unless they believe all his issues can be corrected with coaching and reps.

OgtheDim
08-10-2015, 01:10 PM
To be honest, there are about 4 decent keepers in MLS

Saunders (this season), Hamid, Ousted, Rimando

Everybody else has issues (yes, even St. Frei himself misses every couple of games)

OgtheDim
08-10-2015, 01:11 PM
It must be based on seniority and pay. I can't imagine how the staff can't see the errors he's making game in and game out unless they believe all his issues can be corrected with coaching and reps.

They don't believe the goals are his errors.

pekduck
08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
They don't believe the goals are his errors.

There's causation and correlation. Bendik did not cause the goal by loss of marking/focus/open space, but he's definitely not helping to rectify the situation as he's often out of position when turn over/open shots occurs. Is it awareness? Is it complacency? Is it the ability to read and perceive danger as it unfolds in front of him? Bendik is not lacking techniques at all. I say Bendik has better techniques than Konopka. However, something else that's less tangible, be it mentality or vocal communication or game sense, is somewhat an area much to be desired.

Oldtimer
08-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Stefan Frei is earning $165k per season. That's a lot of salary space.

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Bendik making what? About $13K less? Frei is not perfect but for $13K he's better than Bendik.

Looks like $8K less. That really is a no brainer on who gives you more bang for the buck.

pdubs
08-10-2015, 03:02 PM

He is under paid compared to these guys. Didn't know Hamid was on that much.

Sean Johnson $253K
Steve Clark 188K
Dan Kennedy 233K
Bill Hamid 405K
Tally Hall 228k
Donovan Rickets 260k
Rais Mbbolhi 350k
Adam Kwarasery 260k
Nick Rimando 375k
David Ousted 302k

All guaranteed not base. Bendik on 157k
Everyone else not listen on less.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/July%2015,%202015%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

Luis Robles on 151k

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Here's the Bendik issue; he is on $157K but doesn't offer much (if anything) more than a guy making $60K. If you want to talk waste of money then it's him. There is no major increase in level of play from Konopka to Bendik yet he makes 2.5 times his salary.

MightyDM
08-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Head's up people:

technically, he must be superior. It's just that at the moment it isn't translating on the field. He has been at fault for at least one goal each game since he has been back. Plus Konopka saves penalties, which is unfortunately quite relevant the way our D are playing

MightyDM
08-10-2015, 03:54 PM
If there is a silver lining in that loss its that we most likely avoided having Mo for an extra 1-2 more years which would have set this franchise back another 3 years.

We lost Mo when Preki did not look like he was going to make the playoffs, hard to connect that so directly to the NYC Red Bull debacle. Plus there is no silver lining to that game, none. None.

jloome
08-10-2015, 04:03 PM
technically, he must be superior. It's just that at the moment it isn't translating on the field. He has been at fault for at least one goal each game since he has been back. Plus Konopka saves penalties, which is unfortunately quite relevant the way our D are playing

Konopka's very shaky at handling the ball. He's a reaction keeper; so is Bendik, but Bendik has more chance of taking the ball in the air. That's probably all it is.

I just don't think Bendik reads the play very well and he puts himself in difficult positions. Frei, whom we traded, has more than twenty games in this season, so he's established now as the out-and-out in Seattle. He's been one of the best in the league this season.

Pointless to talk about now, trade deadline has passed. I suppose we could find someone good out of contract from Europe if we have the cap....

MightyDM
08-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Konopka's very shaky at handling the ball. He's a reaction keeper; so is Bendik, but Bendik has more chance of taking the ball in the air. That's probably all it is.

I just don't think Bendik reads the play very well and he puts himself in difficult positions. Frei, whom we traded, has more than twenty games in this season, so he's established now as the out-and-out in Seattle. He's been one of the best in the league this season.

Pointless to talk about now, trade deadline has passed. I suppose we could find someone good out of contract from Europe if we have the cap....

I agree with you, but Bendik often doesn't use that assurance in games and too often stands on his line when he should come out and grab the ball. (Those two scrappy goals by NE were examples of that - he wasn't commanding his six yard box at all.) Konopka looked really shakey on those kind of balls in his first couple of games but improved. And agreed, it's one or the other at this point.

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2015, 04:21 PM
I suppose we could find someone good out of contract from Europe if we have the cap....
As good as Gomez may be, this is where we should have spent that money but if we have more space then we should be looking for someone experienced to hold the fort.

ManUtd4ever
08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
It might be worthwhile to give Roberts a shot.

KGH
08-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Mods...can you keep discussion on topic?

I would be shocked if Perrinelle isn't suspended for the match. At the end of IR he takes a swing at one of the NYFC players.

portu
08-10-2015, 08:31 PM
It might be worthwhile to give Roberts a shot.
Perhaps if get to the point in the season where we are guaranteed a playoff spot we could give him a couple games

Cashcleaner
08-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Games like the one coming up against NYRB against clubss higher in the standings than us are far better indicators of our true quality than anything else, and TFC would be fools to go into New York without addressing some key shortcomings on this team.

I mean, we beat Orlando 4-1? Beat Montreal and San Jose both with a final score of 3-1? But so what!? Sure, we can make the playoffs with the roster we have now operating at it's current level - but we're not going to last long in the post season if clubs like SKC can pick us apart at home like what we saw happen last Saturday. I know we have some nice space to work with in the Eastern standings right now, but we gotta start winning these games against the stronger teams in the league.

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2015, 10:43 PM
NYRB on a real good run these days and they play a style that can give us a lot of problems. We'll be in real tough unless all facets of our game are running A+.

molenshtain
08-11-2015, 03:41 AM
Games like the one coming up against NYRB against clubss higher in the standings than us are far better indicators of our true quality than anything else, and TFC would be fools to go into New York without addressing some key shortcomings on this team.

I mean, we beat Orlando 4-1? Beat Montreal and San Jose both with a final score of 3-1? But so what!? Sure, we can make the playoffs with the roster we have now operating at it's current level - but we're not going to last long in the post season if clubs like SKC can pick us apart at home like what we saw happen last Saturday. I know we have some nice space to work with in the Eastern standings right now, but we gotta start winning these games against the stronger teams in the league.

we ended D.C.'s 20 game home unbeaten streak. Something to think about.

We had a much bigger problem with getting results against good teams last year then we do this year.

ag futbol
08-11-2015, 05:58 AM
Here's the Bendik issue; he is on $157K but doesn't offer much (if anything) more than a guy making $60K. If you want to talk waste of money then it's him. There is no major increase in level of play from Konopka to Bendik yet he makes 2.5 times his salary.
$60k I'd just hope for someone who can tie their shoelaces, not enough money to get any sort of pro. Knopka is underpaid to a certain extent.

I don't get the "Bednik has good technique" argument. Tell that to a goalkeeping coach, I'm sure you'll get an earful.

MightyDM
08-11-2015, 07:00 AM
$60k I'd just hope for someone who can tie their shoelaces, not enough money to get any sort of pro. Knopka is underpaid to a certain extent.

I don't get the "Bednik has good technique" argument. Tell that to a goalkeeping coach, I'm sure you'll get an earful.

i am with you. Would love to see Konopka start this game, with one exception, we played much better with him in net. But I sense it will not be happening.

Ultra & Proud
08-11-2015, 07:08 AM
I think Bendik has better technique than Konopka. Better recovery too and is faster. Konopka does look awkward and slow but his positioning and communication is better. Bottom line: for whatever reason, the team plays better in front of Konopka.

BelfastBoy
08-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Konopka looks way more intimidating with the beard. Play Konopka for the rest of the season and hope that our attacking play can get the results.

Initial B
08-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Would it help Bendik if he grew a beard?

Hey, it worked for Tim howard, didn't it? :D

BelfastBoy
08-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Would it help Bendik if he grew a beard?

Hey, it worked for Tim howard, didn't it? :D

I don't think there is time for that.

OgtheDim
08-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Hmmmmm......

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/631149955613368320

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/631150144583520257

There will be an interview of Vanney up tonight as there is a tweet of him being interviewed by Gol.

Areathrasher
08-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Great.......

barticusz
08-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Hope Perquis is ok. No matter what the perception is of him as of late, the guy is a good defender and we need him on this team if we want to move forward towards the post season.

I'm actually most interested in seeing Veron play this upcoming weekend. Hope his pace doesn't kill our backline.

Yohan
08-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Hope Perquis is ok. No matter what the perception is of him as of late, the guy is a good defender and we need him on this team if we want to move forward towards the post season.

I'm actually most interested in seeing Veron play this upcoming weekend. Hope his pace doesn't kill our backline.
I dunno if he's a 'good' defender but he's better than most CBs we've had before. I'm hoping that all the mistakes he's making is due to getting used to MLS and he'll get the stupid out of his system soon.

barticusz
08-11-2015, 02:41 PM
I dunno if he's a 'good' defender but he's better than most CBs we've had before. I'm hoping that all the mistakes he's making is due to getting used to MLS and he'll get the stupid out of his system soon.

Whatever you or other fans may think of him the guy has played in both Ligue 1 and La Liga during his career. He is a good defender by that standard. Clearly he's having a very difficult time adjusting to the constant calls/missed calls that we continually see in MLS. I've never seen him show this much outward display of frustration in all my time watching him. Does he need to improve. Yes, but it is his first year in a brand new soccer culture/system.

pekduck
08-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Whatever you or other fans may think of him the guy has played in both Ligue 1 and La Liga during his career. He is a good defender by that standard. Clearly he's having a very difficult time adjusting to the constant calls/missed calls that we continually see in MLS. I've never seen him show this much outward display of frustration in all my time watching him. Does he need to improve. Yes, but it is his first year in a brand new soccer culture/system.

in summary, he's having a tough time dealing with incompetent refereeing level in this league... i don't blame him, but does wish cooler heads will prevail eventually

Ultra & Proud
08-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Good thing he was suspended for that shite from last Saturday. He'd have probably been arrested after that one.

portu
08-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Yup, this right here^

OgtheDim
08-11-2015, 04:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHwdDJghRWI

Vanney today.

ag futbol
08-11-2015, 09:04 PM
I think Bendik has better technique than Konopka. Better recovery too and is faster. Konopka does look awkward and slow but his positioning and communication is better. Bottom line: for whatever reason, the team plays better in front of Konopka.
In terms of shot stopping, sure. But the other stuff, which people overlook but coaches shouldn't, Bednik is just not up to par.

Neither is great on the ball or has good distribution, but I find Bednik just a bit more speculative with his decisions.

kwhisperer
08-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Without getting into the finer points of goaltending technique, Bendik isn't playing well as well as Konopka was playing; sticking with Bendik is just stubbornness and doesn't serve the team well.

OgtheDim
08-12-2015, 05:59 AM
And talking over and over and over again about Konopka replacing Bendik is equally pointless in a game thread because its not going to happen.

Ultra & Proud
08-12-2015, 06:56 AM
And talking over and over and over again about Konopka replacing Bendik is equally pointless in a game thread because its not going to happen.
Then we shouldn't be surprised when our goals against stays at 3 or higher. We'll allow at least that many this weekend. I just hope our offence can click again but we're up against another pressing team so...

Canary10
08-12-2015, 08:21 AM
To me Bendik is too laissez faire about commanding the box and directing his backline. Often isn't strong in getting up for balls in the air (maybe because he's fat). But also don't think he's a big problem either.

Ultra & Proud
08-12-2015, 08:34 AM
To me Bendik is too laissez faire about commanding the box and directing his backline. Often isn't strong in getting up for balls in the air (maybe because he's fat). But also don't think he's a big problem either.
But he's one of the problems. You have to work on fixing all of them for us to be successful. The defense is to blame too and all those small issues compound into one big 3+ GA pile of crap.

So yeah, defense is culpable. No doubt, but I don't think Bendik is helping them to succeed. Lack of communication, poor positioning, and a lack of control of his box has defenders questioning where they should be and you can see it. The back four, especially the CBs (all of them) look more rattled and chaotic when Bendik is in there. It'd be hard to argue that the back line looks at least more composed when Konopka is in there. And as per Larsun's article, yes, we allow 5+ shots per match and a lot of that is due to poor passing and general silliness when trying to play the ball out of the back (that one's on Vanney) but to call Bendik a scapegoat while pointing to his flashy saves is ridiculous. It's a pretty superficial outlook and sadly, I think it's the same one our coaching staff has as well.

BuSaPuNk
08-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Its just a confidence issue with Bendik. And I dont blame him. That backline in front of him has let him down huge. Most of our goals against arnt the fault of Bendik but the backline and defensive miss for allowing the play to get through for a chance at Bendik.

If the backline can play more stable and get better out of Perquis and Morrow who both have had some head cramps in the back and the midfield can do kore to slow attacks down Bendik won't have to be relied on as much.

Canary10
08-12-2015, 08:45 AM
But he's one of the problems. You have to work on fixing all of them for us to be successful. The defense is to blame too and all those small issues compound into one big 3+ GA pile of crap.

So yeah, defense is culpable. No doubt, but I don't think Bendik is helping them to succeed. Lack of communication, poor positioning, and a lack of control of his box has defenders questioning where they should be and you can see it. The back four, especially the CBs (all of them) look more rattled and chaotic when Bendik is in there. It'd be hard to argue that the back line looks at least more composed when Konopka is in there. And as per Larsun's article, yes, we allow 5+ shots per match and a lot of that is due to poor passing and general silliness when trying to play the ball out of the back (that one's on Vanney) but to call Bendik a scapegoat while pointing to his flashy saves is ridiculous. It's a pretty superficial outlook and sadly, I think it's the same one our coaching staff has as well.

Yeah I agree with most of this. I remember a few years ago watching Brad Friedel in a Spurs practice. Holy crap that guy is intense. Even in practice the defense knew exactly where it was supposed to be and got in serious shit if they weren't. To me Bendik lacks the intensity and command it takes to be a really good keeper.

ManUtd4ever
08-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Many of the goals Bendik has allowed this season were stoppable. The backline is not as much of an issue as some are portraying. It's not a coincidence that our goals against was respectable when Konopka had a run of games and now it has skyrocketed again with Bendik in goal.

It impacts the entire team, and it's deflating for the players.

OgtheDim
08-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Soooooooo...........do we stick with the diamond?

Canary10
08-12-2015, 09:15 AM
5 man mid, only let Seba venture up. Bench Jozy. Play for the point.

barticusz
08-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Too early to scrap the diamond as we're just getting our starters back. What we need is for Bendik to be like most other keepers in this league and make a few big saves. Not just one due to his terrible positioning to begin with.

Normally I don't like to use scapegoats.. but Bendik has been absolutely atrocious this year and last. Yes there is some blame to be placed on the defense/midfield group, however watching numerous games this year, most teams give up these opportunities, yet their goaltenders bail them out far more often. Look at Melia last night with his save on Jackson, that is a surefire goal against Bendik because he would have been much too close to his left post to stop it.

Bingham has done very well for SJ, Deric in Houston, Clark in Columbus... hell even Evan Bush in Montreal looks more steady than Bendik. He is not a #1 keeper at this level, or at least he hasn't shown that he can be one in the last 2 years. He's only played 11 games and he's got a GAA of 2.00.. That is horrendous. It's not just the team is the player. Konopka's GAA is 1.45 over the same number of games and he's a career backup too. Among starters, Bendik is 18th in save percentage. If we ride him out this year.. I trust that Bez will be looking into a legitimate GK for next year.

PopePouri
08-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Soooooooo...........do we stick with the diamond?

I'd say yes. Jozy is still important as a a hold up player and we're going to need that against NY's high press.

Cheyrou slots back in at the base and push Warner out wide. Delgado sits.

Mateo1985
08-12-2015, 10:34 AM
So is Herculez gonna play? Like at least off the bench or something?

notthesun
08-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Jozy vs. his old club... I hope he gets fired up for this one.

I think he starts but if he's not getting into the game we sub him out early for Gomez (like around 60 minutes).

flamehawk
08-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Well Bono is not even on the bench for today's tfc 2 game. I wonder if he's in new york

Ultra & Proud
08-12-2015, 11:22 AM
To me Bendik lacks the intensity and command it takes to be a really good keeper.
If we go by Larsun's Sun article then it looks like Bendik is the fun, joking glue guy in the locker room, just like Jeremy Hall was. It is true that having a guy like that is important but that guy should either be a position player of the back up GK. I see that kind of intensity in other GKs around the league and Konopka for sure isn't among the best of them but he surely isn't among the worst like Bendik currently is.

Richard
08-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Konopka has an epic beard, that alone should should command respect, but seriously though I think the defense infront needs to play better.

I think Vanney would know if his players have lost confidene in Bendik so we shall see if a change occurs, I do agree that Bendik should be more assertive, somones got to get control of Perquis and he certainly cant do it.

Canary10
08-12-2015, 11:50 AM
I'd say yes. Jozy is still important as a a hold up player and we're going to need that against NY's high press.

Cheyrou slots back in at the base and push Warner out wide. Delgado sits.

I'm not a fan of a diamond personally and maybe that effects my response. I think it puts too much on the player at the base. In this case Cheyrou who really isn't a natural DM in my opinion nor has the legs to cover that ground on his own. If you want to answer why we are giving up so many goals the diamond is a good place to look. But, again, that's from my own playing experience.

Pint
08-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Well Bono is not even on the bench for today's tfc 2 game. I wonder if he's in new york

Team hasn't left yet and if he makes the 1st team before Q i may lose my damn mind lol Might just be that they wanted him training today with Q starting.

ronzilla
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Didn't Konopka concede 4 goals back-to-back last few games he played ?

portu
08-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Didn't Konopka concede 4 goals back-to-back last few games he played ?
Yup 4-0 against LA (which was as much the defences fault as it was his) and 4-4 v NYC (He should have had the free kick and our defence was yet again a travesty)

OgtheDim
08-12-2015, 06:08 PM
FWIW

(Again, this has been surprisingly accurate this season)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMNz-7kW8AADJAI.png

ronzilla
08-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Jozy needs to come off the bench until he can prove he is a starter.

OgtheDim
08-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Jozy needs to come off the bench until he can prove he is a starter.

He's a starter on every team but LAG, including TFC.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-12-2015, 08:11 PM
I get the feeling that he's injured just like Bradley was at the end of last year, suspect that once he's back to 100% we will see a difference

Ossington Mental Youth
08-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Ftr if I'm not mistaken he's got 7 goals in 12 games

jloome
08-12-2015, 08:12 PM
I get the feeling that he's injured just like Bradley was at the end of last year, suspect that once he's back to 100% we will see a difference

I have a real worry; he has injured or pulled that thigh muscle about a half-dozen times now since moving to Europe and it may be that it's a chronic issue now. He may also be worried that's the case and limiting his movement except when he's sure he has a chance on the play, i.e. playing tentatively.

ronzilla
08-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Ftr if I'm not mistaken he's got 7 goals in 12 games

7 goals in 17 games and 2 goals were from PK's.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-12-2015, 09:27 PM

either way, not that bad a rate regardless of where the goals come from

notthesun
08-12-2015, 09:57 PM
He won both his PKs to be fair.

Derko
08-13-2015, 12:43 PM

If you want to play the statistics game, PK's are goals no matter how you want to spin it, it is like saying goals from free kicks don't count because they do not come from open play, just a point to be considered. I would imagine that when you are counting Seba's goals you do not include his 3 PK's :drinking:

notthesun
08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Perquis out, Hagglund & Williams both available for selection.

Detroit_TFC
08-13-2015, 12:50 PM
No Perquis, Hagglund and Williams now available per Vanney. Despite the endless defensive rotation, this might be the right time to use Williams and see what he can do.

OgtheDim
08-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Jozy starts

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/631884713540513792

OgtheDim
08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Boom

https://twitter.com/WheelerTSN/status/631885101534707712

Areathrasher
08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
OG beat me to it :lol:

OgtheDim
08-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Its looking like nobody but the 3 DP's (and maybe Cheyrou) are going to be allowed to think they are guaranteed a start. That's a good thing.

Areathrasher
08-13-2015, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/WheelerTSN/status/631885399942672384

Sounds like he may be leaning towards starting Hagglund. Not sure what to make of that tbh.

Pint
08-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Hagglund seams to be our best player in the air and it's not like anyone else has shown they are solid at the back.

Areathrasher
08-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Hagglund seams to be our best player in the air and it's not like anyone else has shown they are solid at the back.

True but he's been out for how many weeks now? Throwing him in (and Williams potentially) against New York with their press and pace, doesn't seem wise to me.

portu
08-13-2015, 01:36 PM
I honestly see so little difference between Hagglund and Zavaleta

Pint
08-13-2015, 01:36 PM
I would hope we go with morgan and morrow at FB if we are putting Hagglund in. No need to throw 2 guys who have been off for a while in if it isn't a necessity.

Stress
08-13-2015, 02:21 PM
I didn't think morgan looked very good last game. Jackson has been pretty decent at RB so I don't see that changing. Would expect Jackson/Hagglund/Kantari/Morrow for Saturday.

notthesun
08-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Warner and Delgado were both poor last match however, Vanney may want to move Jackson into midfield for this one.

Red Bulls play very high-energy, fast-paced soccer. That seems to fit Delgado and Jackson's strengths more so than Warner, I wonder if Warner might come off the bench for this one.

C.Ronaldo
08-13-2015, 02:59 PM
zavaleta over hagglun b/c hes played more this year .........and hes family

barticusz
08-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Warner and Delgado were both poor last match however, Vanney may want to move Jackson into midfield for this one.

Red Bulls play very high-energy, fast-paced soccer. That seems to fit Delgado and Jackson's strengths more so than Warner, I wonder if Warner might come off the bench for this one.

Though I agree with you.. Delgado was completely overwhelmed by SKC's press. I can see Jackson taking up that spot though.

TorontoFC6fan
08-13-2015, 08:43 PM
https://twitter.com/WheelerTSN/status/631885399942672384

Sounds like he may be leaning towards starting Hagglund. Not sure what to make of that tbh.

For f*&K sakes Hagglund ?

http://s1.postimg.org/6g92837b1/static1_squarespace_com.gif
http://i2.wp.com/www.raptorscage.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Casey-GIF.gif

TorontoFC6fan
08-13-2015, 08:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/50OIIeT.jpg

ronzilla
08-13-2015, 09:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NxvLl5e.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/NxvLl5e.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/NxvLl5e.gif

Pint
08-13-2015, 09:09 PM

cute gif... want to actually refute what i stated?

khso11
08-13-2015, 11:35 PM
REF: BALDOMERO TOLEDO
AR1: Corey Parker
AR2: Oscar Mitchell-Carvalho
4TH: Alan Kelly

OgtheDim
08-14-2015, 06:23 AM
Perinelle out with a 2 game ban.

OgtheDim
08-14-2015, 06:24 AM
cute gif... want to actually refute what i stated?

He doesn't do that.

FRANKIE65
08-14-2015, 07:08 AM

God help us!

Derko
08-14-2015, 07:30 AM
God help us!

Could be worse, Gieger, I would have rather had Toledo last game, at least you know what will happen. lol

Fort York Redcoat
08-14-2015, 08:06 AM

6fan be like

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/011/607/repost.jpg

Pint
08-14-2015, 08:35 AM
While Toledo is terrible at his job he is terrible for both teams... will take consistent terribleness over Gantar every day of the week.

OgtheDim
08-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Toledo is unlikely to allow any hack and slash of Giovinco.

Areathrasher
08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
Kemar Lawerence could be out for NYRB.

NYRB fans starting to panic over the state of their defense for tomorrow.

Ivy
08-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Kemar Lawerence could be out for NYRB.

NYRB fans starting to panic over the state of their defense for tomorrow.
Double digit combined score game.

Oldtimer
08-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Toledo is unlikely to allow any hack and slash of Giovinco.

He's always looking for the chance to do this:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/279/files/2014/04/referee-baldomero-toledo-lloyd-sam-mls-new-york-red-bulls-philadelphia-union.jpg

Still... any match can get totally ruined by Toledo.

Yohan
08-14-2015, 09:49 AM
With Perrinelle suspended, Toledo can have a bad game as long as he stops NYRB from hacking Giovinco. NYRB attack can be dangerous, but as long as Giovinco gets space to run at NYRB defence, I think we probably get a result.

CBTFC
08-14-2015, 10:12 AM
So...there this girl I haven't seen in about 10 years who wants to "watch netflix and chill" tomorrow evening, right at the same time that the game is on.

Am I a part-time supporter if I miss one match? ;)

Oldtimer
08-14-2015, 10:17 AM
So...there this girl I haven't seen in about 10 years who wants to "watch netflix and chill" tomorrow evening, right at the same time that the game is on.

You're fine! However, maybe you can suggest these Netflix favourites as a compromise g:D:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/02/10-best-soccer-movies-on-netflix.html

FRANKIE65
08-14-2015, 10:32 AM

PVR, man, PVR:):)

Auzzy
08-14-2015, 11:50 AM
With Toledo as ref, perhaps better that Perquis is out anyway.

Pint
08-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Chapman is with the 2's this weekend.

Carts
08-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Watch "Netflix & Chill" with a girl you haven't seen in 10-years................. that's code if I've ever heard it!!!!

HAVE FUN! :ihih: :p :reddevil:

Fort York Redcoat
08-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Chapman is with the 2's this weekend.:)

http://www.untoldentertainment.com/blog/img/features/pimpMyPortal/part4-funWithFiverr/toonies.jpg

OgtheDim
08-14-2015, 01:21 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/632252840367521792

Would like to see him off the bench.

Temperature will be 88 with a 40% humidity at game time. A motivated Hercules coming in around 65 minutes will be more useful then Moore or Findley in that heat.

ManUtd4ever
08-14-2015, 01:48 PM

You know that old joke?

Why do Canadians like to do it doggy style? So they can both watch the hockey game. g:D

portu
08-14-2015, 01:49 PM

Haha use that PVR man, try not to get curved!

portu
08-14-2015, 01:51 PM
You know that old joke?

Why do Canadians like to do it doggy style? So they can both watch the hockey game. g:D
Omfg I'm dying :lol:

Red CB Toronto
08-14-2015, 01:58 PM
good one, hopefully the Reds can come home with the three points !!

DOMIN8R
08-14-2015, 03:42 PM
The good news is that ..... (http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2015/08/14/toronto-fc-coach-thinks-full-week-of-rest-will-make-difference.html?) TFC's Jim Brennan, may be available for Saturday's game in New York (http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2015/08/14/toronto-fc-coach-thinks-full-week-of-rest-will-make-difference.html?).

:confused:

Petor
08-14-2015, 05:29 PM

It's a blessing in disguise that Perquis is out.
He would have received a red card in the first 10 minutes from Toledo.

MightyDM
08-14-2015, 06:00 PM

buy her a TFC shirt and bring her to Joes. In the long run, she'll like you more....

MightyDM
08-14-2015, 06:01 PM
With Toledo as ref, perhaps better that Perquis is out anyway.

Perhaps Vanney recognized that....

andyboy
08-14-2015, 08:16 PM
I like this line-up! I foresee a positive result.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMNz-7kW8AADJAI.png[/QUOTE]

mowe
08-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Return of Cheyrou is key. I'd love to see a run of games with him + our 3 DPs.

Soccerpro
08-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Our defence will hand them lots of quality scoring chances. The only question is how many goals we can score in order to win...

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Game Day :scarf:

Cashcleaner
08-15-2015, 07:44 AM
I like this line-up! I foresee a positive result.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMNz-7kW8AADJAI.png

I can get behind that, I suppose. The thing is, this is a match that TFC really needs to get a result from. I've said it elsewhere, but it's one thing to beat Orlando 4-1 or San Jose 3-0 both at home - those clubs are having pretty mediocre seasons this year. But it's another thing to get a result against clubs like Columbus or DC or NYRB. We gotta start beating the teams who are in solid contention for the post season. Heck, we've already done it once with DC and once with Vancouver who are both top of the tables at the moment.

Anyway, as for the game today...

Current conditions in Harrison are somewhat cloudy with a light breeze and a temperature of 23 Celsius. Things are gonna heat up closer to kick-off though and we're expecting to see a high of around 32 later on in the afternoon with little cloud cover. I don't think these conditions are going to give either side a significant advantage, but the Red Bull have only lost 2 home games out of 10 so far this season.

pdubs
08-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Cheyrou is our linchpin and can break down their defense. Expect Jozy to get more quality opportunities thrown at him. (He missed that sitter last match needs to make up for that.) Warner has been good in the diamond on the side. Worried about our flanks in the narrow formation and the amount of chances we will give up allowing the ball in. Set piece defending has been bad, same with set piece offense. Hope we see better outcomes since Vanney has been talking about it.

edit- Giovinco can win this game on his own. I hope tho defensively we look more sound and offensive move the ball that our goal last week and really break down their defense. Slow buildup seems like a major issue for us. When we move fast in transition not many teams can stop us. Big points.

KGH
08-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Just spent the am doing Central Park and 5th Ave with the mrs. Just waiting for a buddy to arrive at grand central before we hit McSorleys for a couple pops. Hopefully hitting Harrison by 430. We're stoked to see the game today. Check another away trip off my list.

General Woolfe
08-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Sadly i expect another road loss this evening. I cant help feel the Energy Drinks will be too much at home. Hopefully however this will be the start of our best XI (our close to it) getting a serious run of games between now and the seasons end, which weve been denied this season so far. Tonight should see us start to bond into the strong side we know we can be heading into the playoffs, especially in regards our DP getting an extended run playing together

charlieocc
08-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Sadly i expect another road loss this evening. I cant help feel the Energy Drinks will be too much at home. Hopefully however this will be the start of our best XI (our close to it) getting a serious run of games between now and the seasons end, which weve been denied this season so far. Tonight should see us start to bond into the strong side we know we can be heading into the playoffs, especially in regards our DP getting an extended run playing together

Agreed, I think the most we can ask for is that Gio and Altidore can begin to mesh, with Bradley as well.

ensco
08-15-2015, 02:49 PM
TFC 3, RBNY 1 - they have a makeshift back line tonight.

ronzilla
08-15-2015, 03:33 PM
The only way Red Bullies will win is if they cut off service to Giovinco and keep him quiet. if they fail to do this, Seba will score another brace or hat trick.
3-2 final score for the good guys.

Soccerpro
08-15-2015, 04:17 PM
3-2 NYRB win. Why is our defence going to be any different this week?

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 04:38 PM
I want to see them fight through the press tonight. And not just rely upon Cheyrou to break it. All 4 mids and the 2 FB's have to show some effort to break the press.

On another note

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/632664362084343809

Bendik, Konopka & Bono :noidea:

molenshtain
08-15-2015, 04:41 PM
3-2 NYRB win. Why is our defence going to be any different this week?

We have our starting midfield four together for the first time in a while, NY's winger's haven't been playing too well, or maybe simply we shift into another gear defensively after Vanney's comment's last week?

Soccerpro
08-15-2015, 04:43 PM
We have our starting midfield four together for the first time in a while, NY's winger's haven't been playing too well, or maybe simply we shift into another gear defensively after Vanney's comment's last week?

I really hope that Vanney's comments last week aren't capable of making players magically play better. If they are, it means that the players just weren't trying very hard all year. Wouldn't that be a reflection on someone?

molenshtain
08-15-2015, 04:48 PM
I really hope that Vanney's comments last week aren't capable of making players magically play better. If they are, it means that the players just weren't trying very hard all year. Wouldn't that be a reflection on someone?

Not necessarily. If your boss gives you an ultimatum on the status of your job that just might light a fire under you.

My point was that sometimes a player's form can increase, the same way it decreases, regardless of the reason.

portu
08-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Why the hell is Bono in NJ?? If he starts then I lose faith in this coaching staff

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 04:53 PM

There is and has always been a lack of institutional memory of what to do when x happens to TFC. Our horrendous personnel and coaching turnover has never allowed us to develop the knowledge to be comfortable as a group dealing with a situation. Right now, our most cohesive unit is our midfield because Bradley, Osorio and Warner played together at times last season. The only other unit grouping to play together are Morrow or Morgan with Bendik.

When dealing with a press, this team is relying upon the experience of its players. Defensive pressure is the toughest to adjust to as you have to be 98% successful or you lose. I'm hoping that Vanney's coaching and reminders will finally get through to the mids and the defenders and they start to realise that they can, as a group, cope adjust and overcome.

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:01 PM
All I want is a win. That last game was a chitshow! Come on, our payroll is what? Enough of hovering around .500, the Bulls downgraded so much, payroll included, yet look where they are? Seriously, I know we had those bunch of games on the road to start off with, etc...but this team has overall been less than then impressive with the exception of Giovinco,keep waiting for us to go on a Blue Jays type of run,maybe tonight is the start of it. What we've seen up to now doesn't cut it, we've been better but nowhere near where our payroll and talent suggests we should be. Hope Gomez gets a run out.

PopePouri
08-15-2015, 05:04 PM

That's not how soccer works.

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Well that's different.

Petor
08-15-2015, 05:05 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/632673167639642113

redisthenewblk
08-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Williams gets the start.

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Delgado preferred over Osorio. Hmmmmmm........

Petor
08-15-2015, 05:10 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/632674132396609537

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:11 PM
I like the Williams and Gomez pickups. Seems like every time I remember watching the Crew there was Williams getting a clutch goal off a header or scramble in the box. Guy gets up field well.

Petor
08-15-2015, 05:15 PM
It's nice knowing that you have game changing quality off of the bench, not like in past years.

notthesun
08-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Not sure what Osorio did to lose his spot. I would have liked to see Jackson in midfield as well.

Talk about a lack of confidence in our CBs. Guy coming off injuries/limited playing time more used to playing at RB and making his first appearance for the club picked over 2 backup CBs.

Curious one... should be an interesting game.

ronzilla
08-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Hope to see Gomez get some minutes.

Petor
08-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Not sure what Osorio did to lose his spot. I would have liked to see Jackson in midfield as well.

Talk about a lack of confidence in our CBs. Guy coming off injuries/limited playing time more used to playing at RB and making his first appearance for the club picked over 2 backup CBs.

Osorio has played a lot recently, maybe he just needs a little break?

Petor
08-15-2015, 05:21 PM
https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/632675514898100224

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Good, what we've seen til now doesn't cut it. Why not give Williams a run out? if he can regain his Crew form we got a keeper.

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 05:25 PM
FWIW,

According to transfermarkt, Willaims is a right footed CD who can play RB.

charlieocc
I have no problem with the Williams start, and to be honest I've really liked Delgado the last couple of games so I'm happy with that too

mowe
Hmm a back line that's never played together, could get ugly.

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:26 PM
McCarty is so underrated....Red Bulls building with some nice youngsters, Miazga, Lawrence, Grella...

Soccerpro
08-15-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm willing to give Kantari until the end of the season, but no question Perquis should be cut/shipped out as soon as the season ends. We need an actual stud defender that all top teams seem to have.

Ivy
08-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Funny...

cuz if this game does get ugly, TFC fans will be screaming how terrible Bendik and Kantari are, and Vanney needs to go.

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Going out on a limb, i know he is a defender but i remember him more for being dangerous in and around the box, Williams gets a goal near post, off header or short redirected volley......lol

charlieocc
08-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Funny...

cuz if this game does get ugly, TFC fans will be screaming how terrible Bendik and Kantari are, and Vanney needs to go.

As is tradition

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Same on NYRB's side though. As was SKC last week, truth be told.

Difference is Red Bulls are playing a 4-2-3-1. BWP doesn't press all that much but McCarty and Felipe give them a solid line to close down space in front of the back 4. If we can get passes through those 2, we should be off to the races.

Lade has been very good for them coming forward and defensively. Will have to see how he does against Morgan, Delgado and Giovinco sliding out left. Sam is a liability on defence.

Kamp Berg
08-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know of a website that has the game tonight, just moved to the country and no rogers or bell!

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Who's taller, Lade or Gio? .,gotta be close

charlieocc
Does anyone know of a website that has the game tonight, just moved to the country and no rogers or bell!
Usually someone on Reddit comes out with one, so check on reddit.com/r/soccerstreams, or the game thread in /r/mls

ronzilla
STREAMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZllQCfc7NE English

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|247209|330488|247209|64|1|en English

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|311223|330488|311223|64|1|en Russian

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|233209|330488|233209|64|1|en Unknown

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|233209|330488|233209|64|1|en Spanish

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|310622|330488|310622|64|1|en Unknown

http://live.realstreamunited.com/streaming/free-live-video-streaming-new-york-red-bulls-toronto-fc-football-usa-major-soccer-league-114628.html English

http://live.realstreamunited.com/streaming/free-live-video-streaming-new-york-red-bulls-toronto-fc-football-usa-major-soccer-league-114626.html English

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/new-york-red-bulls-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming English

charlieocc
08-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Who's taller, Lade or Gio? .,gotta be close

Lade by 3 inches, according to both team's official site! (Lade is 5'7, Gio 5'4 apparently)

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Lade by 3 inches, according to both team's official site! (Lade is 5'7, Gio 5'4 apparently)

Wow, think they being generous to Lade....lol

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 05:47 PM
I think 5'4" is generous to Giovinco. :)

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:49 PM
I think 5'4" is generous to Giovinco. :)

Truth..:)

molenshtain
08-15-2015, 05:50 PM

RE Osorio: he plays better when we're on the front foot and the game is slowed down. Vanney also might just be rotating the squad a bit.

RE Jackson: over who exactly do you think he should start?

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Not sure who is doing the TSN colour commentary tonight. Kristian Jack is there but if its Rauter on the play by play.....ugh.

If you want to hear an interesting point of view on things, Shep Messing usually does the Red Bull games colour. Doesn't hold back from criticism of anybody.

azorean
08-15-2015, 05:59 PM
I kind of like Rauter, reminds me of old CSL days. Does anyone know what happened to his partner back in the day, Graham Leggatt? They were OK together.

Kamp Berg
08-15-2015, 06:00 PM
STREAMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZllQCfc7NE English

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|247209|330488|247209|64|1|en English

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|311223|330488|311223|64|1|en Russian

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|233209|330488|233209|64|1|en Unknown

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|233209|330488|233209|64|1|en Spanish

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/330488_new_york_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|310622|330488|310622|64|1|en Unknown

http://live.realstreamunited.com/streaming/free-live-video-streaming-new-york-red-bulls-toronto-fc-football-usa-major-soccer-league-114628.html English

http://live.realstreamunited.com/streaming/free-live-video-streaming-new-york-red-bulls-toronto-fc-football-usa-major-soccer-league-114626.html English

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/new-york-red-bulls-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming English

Thanks!

shwade
08-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Is Jackson injured?
Also...playing Williams out of position in his first game with a back line that has yet to gel ... good idea.

nonc
08-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Bendik again oh dear let us pray.

OgtheDim
08-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Is Jackson injured?
Also...playing Williams out of position in his first game with a back line that has yet to gel ... good idea.

As mentioned already........he's not out of position at RCD.

nonc
08-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Those streams don't work for me if it's like that for anyone else I suggest StopStream (what i've used for years) or LiveTV.

The first LiveAll option on Stopstream is Eurosport2 and above average clarity.

[NBF]
08-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Karl ouimete in the starting lineup for NYRB. Odds might be good for Giovinco to score multiple goals

Blixa
08-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Come on boys, let's do this.

ag futbol
08-15-2015, 06:15 PM
How many more games are we going to play a natural left footer at RB? Groan

pdubs
08-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Poor shot. Great pass.

nonc
08-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Delgado has to do better. Drives me nuts when players can't use their wrong foot!

QBall
08-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Where was Altidore? Why wasn't he there instead of Delgado to receive Seba's pass?

pdubs
Morgan needs a better ball in. Can't waste that.

ronzilla
Can't believe he missed that. Fock

jloome
08-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Great movement by Ashtone there, really exploding into the space. THat's a good sign.

andyboy
08-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Playing Delgado and not Osorio is a mistake.

khso11
08-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Good tackle, Cheyrou can't do that at midfield.

molenshtain
Delgado has to do better. Drives me nuts when players can't use their wrong foot!

Yeah! fuck that twenty year old for getting in a great position on the counter-attack and narrowly missing with his bad foot!

great tacklee by Williams

Soccerpro
Josh Williams already with a better tackle than anything Perquis produced this year.

ag futbol
08-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Dear god TSN... Fix the sound

Soccerpro
08-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Yeah! fuck that twenty year old for getting in a great position on the counter-attack and narrowly missing with his bad foot.

That's a B.S reply. It's a valid criticism that a pro player can't use their other foot, regardless of age.

molenshtain
08-15-2015, 06:23 PM
That's a B.S reply. It's a valid criticism that a pro player can't use their other foot, regardless of age.

He did use it, he narrowly missed. Some players miss shots.

jloome
Playing Delgado and not Osorio is a mistake.

I dunno, I think he's picking and choosing based on opposition. KC pressed high last week, as NY does, and Osorio just seemed a step behind the play for most of the game.

khso11
Altidore has to use his head, wtf was that.

ag futbol
08-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Golden chance that was missed. We should hope that doesn't cost us. To not even force a save in a situation like that ...

nonc
08-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah! fuck that twenty year old for getting in a great position on the counter-attack and narrowly missing with his bad foot!

great tacklee by Williams

It was a miss hit and wasn't very close. Yeah it was a great tackle.

Altidore still sucking. Why did we sign him to such a long contract? He's grossly overcompensated and it can't be unloaded if needed.

shwade
Fucking penalty!!

pdubs
Williams looks like a commanding force so far.

notthesun
Their backline can't handle Altidore. Holding the ball up really well, need more players linking up with him once he brings it down.

Ultra & Proud
Getting pressed like last week. Lots of our players doddling on the ball in midfield and losing possession.

khso11
Need to see the replay on that, but I think the defender got the ball. But that nutmeg tho!

Ultra & Proud
08-15-2015, 06:28 PM
No PK on that one. Toledo gets one right.

pdubs
08-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Josh Williams already with a better tackle than anything Perquis produced this year.

His timing seems sounds so far. Big presence.

ag futbol
08-15-2015, 06:30 PM
No PK on that one. Toledo gets one right.
Have to agree. Looked like he held him back a bit but it was a clean tackle

Ultra & Proud
08-15-2015, 06:30 PM
So Williams played FB? He looks a lot bigger than I remember. Bigger than Kantari.

PopePouri
08-15-2015, 06:31 PM
So Williams played FB? He looks a lot bigger than I remember. Bigger than Kantari.

He's 6'2

ag futbol
Team shape looks awful. What are we trying to do out there?

Altidore... Dear god

nonc
WTF is Altidore doing? Has an open net if he stays with the ball and keeps playing.

nonc
08-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Slow and bad the Altidore way.

portu
08-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Jozy is such an oaf dumb and slow

ronzilla
08-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Cmon jozy wake the fuck up

khso11
WTF is Altidore doing? Has an open net if he stays with the ball and keeps playing.

Don't think he's fully fit yet; mentally he doesn't want to pull anything again.

Ultra & Proud
Pretty sure he was getting the foul call so put his hands up. Surprised he didn't actually. Toledo gets two calls right. What next?

aajking
08-15-2015, 06:34 PM
MSG doing a great commentating job surprisingly. Pretty unbiased so far.

pdubs
08-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Bradley can't do that. He knows Toledo loves giving out cards.

Oldtimer
08-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Note to_wowza, Fuad Ibrahim scored here the only time TFC won in New Jersey.

QBall
08-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Altidore is not running. He's walking around and you can see him stop with hands on knees when play is away from him. He is not 100% and needs to come off.

Ultra & Proud
08-15-2015, 06:36 PM
Cheyrou not handling the press very well so far.

khso11
08-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Too much space for Sam, no good.

Ultra & Proud
Altidore is not running. He's walking around and you can see him stop with hands on knees when play is away from him. He is not 100% and needs to come off.
He's a CF. They all do that. I'd rather that than have him dropping to midfield.

charlieocc
Agreed, Herculez has to make his debut today, hopefully at halftime

pdubs
08-15-2015, 06:38 PM
Bendik does enough.

Then the goal lol.

nonc
Cheyrou shocking so far midfield is so disoriented.

ag futbol
Cheyrou not handling the press very well so far.
Nobody is playing off him .. But he's also holding the ball far too long

molenshtain
"Bendik sucks!"

shwade
Morgan and kantari ugh

QBall
Terrible defending. Terrible marking. 1-0 New Jersey.