PDA

View Full Version : Why was cheryou suspended?

JavierMartini
08-09-2015, 09:32 AM
I can't find any official release with a video of why he was suspended. I think it's safe to say that the disco is biased against TFC in rulings this year. However why is that the case? Is it vanney and Bradley speaking out?

shwade
08-09-2015, 09:50 AM
It's fucked up how biased that doofus committee is.
But i believe Cheyrou put his hands on the throat of another player and that's a no-no.

jloome
08-09-2015, 10:00 AM
It's fucked up how biased that doofus committee is.
But i believe Cheyrou put his hands on the throat of another player and that's a no-no.

No, that's not it. He went studs up into a tackle and caught the guy above the ankle. In the replay, it's a clear card. I wouldn't have said it was a clear red for dangerous, and certainly you don't see those handed out "after the fact" on something as debatable as this one. (Cheyrou's lead foot wasn't off the ground but his studs were fully exposed).

shwade
08-09-2015, 10:04 AM
No, that's not it. He went studs up into a tackle and caught the guy above the ankle. In the replay, it's a clear card. I wouldn't have said it was a clear red for dangerous, and certainly you don't see those handed out "after the fact" on something as debatable as this one. (Cheyrou's lead foot wasn't off the ground but his studs were fully exposed).

Oh, shit. Seems like they put on extra sensitive goggles to analyse TFC games.

Still Kicking
08-09-2015, 10:20 AM
I applauded the Cheyrou studs up tackle and would want him to do that EVERYTIME in that situation. Watch the five minutes prior to the incident. Petrescu was slowly losing his grip on the game. Orlando was frustrated, TFC kept on coming onto the attack. You could feel Toronto had the game wrapped up and Giovinco was running away with it. On some TFC passes from the back it would actually be a series of frustration fouls inflicted on them. Just prior to the Cheyrou tackle, the game teetered on the brink. Orlando would go in late on Morrow, the TFC player getting the pass would be fouled and another foul off the ball would break out. Orlando figured that the ref would not call them all and keep the yellow in his pocket. Petrescu should have made a call of a series of fouls and called over their captain and told him that they needed to cool off. Instead Petrescu gave every indication that he was going to turn a blind eye and allow the foul fest to continue. So Cheyrou displayed his leadership and put an end to the shenanigans. Violent? Sure, but far less violent than the game that the ref seemed to be heading towards.

Jack
08-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Cheyrou got suspended for being a captain. MLS discipline is pathetic. The referees need to be heavily scrutinized.

spe18
08-09-2015, 11:52 AM
He was suspended for yellow card accumulation.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

Jack
08-09-2015, 12:06 PM
He was suspended for yellow card accumulation.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary
Perquis, not Cheyrou.

spe18
08-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Perquis, not Cheyrou.

Opps :(

MightyDM
08-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Opps :(

No, "oops" ;)

MightyDM
08-09-2015, 04:18 PM
how did you find this? I searched the MLS discipline page on Saturday and couldn't find it.

jloome
08-09-2015, 06:35 PM
how did you find this? I searched the MLS discipline page on Saturday and couldn't find it.
They showed a replay of it before the start of the TSN broadcast.