PDA

View Full Version : March to the March. Aug. 8 SKC

Ivy
08-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Sorry about the late post.

Innebriati is is doing a march to the stadium for this game and asked if we wanted to join. They'll meet us at Shoeless Joe's around 2:30. More details on the morning.

edit: just noticed I messed up the title. Mod gods, you may strike me down with your wrath at any time.

Pint
08-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Some kings are joinging at 245 at atlantic and liberty.

Ivy
08-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Some kings are joinging at 245 at atlantic and liberty.

Nice!! Wait for us if we're late :)

Pint
08-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Nice!! Wait for us if we're late :)

can't and won't promise anything lol

nascarguy
08-08-2015, 08:18 AM
bump

Justin10000
08-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Oh awesome. I'm down for a march.

Abou Sky
08-08-2015, 01:38 PM
114 and the Innebriati are doing a freaking fantastic job!

Love that they are initiating marches etc.

Also, gotta love having competition for decibels! Makes everyone louder.

__wowza
08-08-2015, 11:05 PM
114 and the Innebriati are doing a freaking fantastic job!

Love that they are initiating marches etc.

Also, gotta love having competition for decibels! Makes everyone louder.

i fucking love the alternating chant.
we just need to build that to a crescendo and then all join up together when all the groups are at their loudest.
we did that a few weeks ago and it sounded mental.

the march was an awesome idea, it just needed to be organized a bit tighter. a lot of folks didn't know it was going on until eli showed up and made the announcement. anyone who didn't check the boards in the morning were probably in the middle of beers / settling their bills when everyone dropped by. i didn't even know until i saw it on the kings facebook page this morning. still, it speaks volumes about the evolving support in the city when we can get a decent group of people together from all the south end SGs. we're lightyears away from the politics of a couple of years ago.

chbu12
08-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Left my voice in 114 yesterday, but I have to say that 112 (+113/111) were fantastic, even more than usual. There was some good coordination going on, which was great to see. But again, there was amazing energy coming from our right. Of course, the Kings were rocking 117 as well..

Pint
08-09-2015, 11:24 AM
i fucking love the alternating chant.
we just need to build that to a crescendo and then all join up together when all the groups are at their loudest.
we did that a few weeks ago and it sounded mental.

the march was an awesome idea, it just needed to be organized a bit tighter. a lot of folks didn't know it was going on until eli showed up and made the announcement. anyone who didn't check the boards in the morning were probably in the middle of beers / settling their bills when everyone dropped by. i didn't even know until i saw it on the kings facebook page this morning. still, it speaks volumes about the evolving support in the city when we can get a decent group of people together from all the south end SGs. we're lightyears away from the politics of a couple of years ago.

Well good thing i remembered to post that at 12:35am on game day lol

Also 100% agree that we need to build that back and forth stuff to a conclusion and then all hit on the same song big right at the end.

Pint
08-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Good march, but need more RPB members. Should coordinate with Innebriatti and Kings.

RPB should also get into 113 and replace U-sector. The so-called supporters group. Club should revoke that status.

Also, Saturday's atmosphere was shit. Have to up our game. No excuses. Can only control what we do in the stands. Players play. Supporters support. Maybe Saturdays' was a reflection of the game on the field and in the stands. NO GOOD.
Yesterday was strange in the stands, even before the game started their was a weird vibe in the south. I know capo's tried to shake it but never really got rid of that mood.

Cashcleaner
08-09-2015, 05:07 PM
^ I'm glad it wasn't just me. Yesterday most of the stadium seemed a bit off. Maybe it was because we were all expecting cooler weather? I know I was surprised with the amount of sun we got at kick-off.

khso11
08-09-2015, 05:14 PM
A march for the next 2 home game would be great, it will be a great showing especially in front of the crowd at the ex.

Red4ever
08-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Good march, but need more RPB members. Should coordinate with Innebriatti and Kings.

RPB should also get into 113 and replace U-sector. The so-called supporters group. Club should revoke that status.

Also, Saturday's atmosphere was shit. Have to up our game. No excuses. Can only control what we do in the stands. Players play. Supporters support. Maybe Saturdays' was a reflection of the game on the field and in the stands. NO GOOD.

Quality post. Shitting on people always makes people care.

Fort York Redcoat
08-10-2015, 07:48 AM

Not everyone wants to march and not everyone wants to work together. After a post like the above there's no wonder why. It's no way to unite and grow relations to co-ordinate.

BuSaPuNk
08-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Quality post. Shitting on people always makes people care.

Not everyone wants to march and not everyone wants to work together. After a post like the above there's no wonder why. It's no way to unite and grow relations to co-ordinate.

What it doesn't? Thought passive aggressive behavior always worked? Colour me shocked. :p

Different groups and different personalities will always have some bumpy roads its just the nature of people. Each group has there own identity in the stands attacking groups isn't a way to move forward ita actually a way to slip back into the past.

Jack
08-10-2015, 08:53 AM

After nearly a decade, I hope we, as TFC support, can get past slagging other groups who support the same team as us. We all know our philosophies differ and that is well-established by now. Attacking one another or calling people out under the guise of "telling it like it is" doesn't work. It hasn't worked with TFC support, ever.

If we want to really achieve our goal of a united south stand rocking the entire stadium, we need to accept our differences and raise our gaze a little bit. Kudos to those of you who are able to do that.

Saturday's atmosphere was difficult. I saw a lot of first-timers in the top half of 113 who were into the match, but didn't know any chants. I did my best to encourage them while keeping up with drumming and our capo, but it isn't the easiest thing to teach songs on the fly to people who aren't used to joining in. It also didn't help that the road closures meant many people didn't even get to the game well into the first half, by which point TFC were already down 2-1.

Wagner
08-10-2015, 10:27 AM

There is no room for talking shit like this.

Every group has their ups and downs, and this isn't the place to talk about other groups.

U-sector has done a lot with regards to Support in Toronto.
in fact, in the early days of the RPB, upstairs at the Rhino, U-sector joined us for a meeting, and helped us learn some songs.
they deserve more respect than what you're giving.

nascarguy
08-10-2015, 01:25 PM

no RPB need fill up 112 with 100% people that will sing and not play on there cell phones before moveing in to 113 or anywhere and do not forget that our atmosphere will be better after the roof

Fort York Redcoat
08-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Wrote that because I was angry and pissed that support in the south stands has deteriorated. Maybe that was just a one off game. But, I want the south end to be rocking again. Singing, chanting, flags and creating an intimidating atmosphere for 90 minutes. That's what it was like even during the darkest days. YOU REMEMBER THOSE DAYS.

I want ALL groups to work together. Were all here to support TORONTO FOOTBALL CLUB. PASSIONATE AND LOUD.

I'm done writing. Wanted to express my thoughts.

Yes I was there. No it wasn't like that. Unless you mean some other darkest time for support. Last game kicked the shit out of our darkest days.

I appreciate you wanting groups working together and we'll continue to do so. We will all have different perspectives when it comes to support. It's how we got to different groups in the first place.

Fort York Redcoat
08-10-2015, 03:01 PM
What does "We will all have different perspectives when it comes to support" mean?

Not trying to be a jackass, but do you believe support is standing and watching the game?

I believe most people can't or don't want to sing and wave flags all 90 if it means not watching the game. Hence different groups.

Belfast_Boy
08-10-2015, 03:23 PM

you do not speak for the INEBRIATTI. if you are coming on their board keep your opinions to yourself. you are a guest here. stop posting inflammatory shit. sorry for doing this on your message board. I want you guys to know that anything said by him is his own opinion.

Pint
08-10-2015, 03:30 PM
you do not speak for the INEBRIATTI. if you are coming on their board keep your opinions to yourself. you are a guest here. stop posting inflammatory shit. sorry for doing this on your message board. I want you guys to know that anything said by him is his own opinion.

laying down the law... i like it.

FRANKIE65
08-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I believe most people can't or don't want to sing and wave flags all 90 if it means not watching the game. Hence different groups.

This is it, exactly, for me. I love to sing/chant etc, BUT, I am there to watch the game. Kudos to any/all guys in the Capo stands, I couldn't do it. The day that my section becomes just about putting on a show would be the day I transfer my seats to a non supporter section.

Red4ever
08-10-2015, 03:46 PM

This actually is a quality post. I like the passion of the inebriatti, not the lectures of a select few bad apples ruining it for the rest of them.

ryan
08-11-2015, 09:09 AM
This is it, exactly, for me. I love to sing/chant etc, BUT, I am there to watch the game. Kudos to any/all guys in the Capo stands, I couldn't do it. The day that my section becomes just about putting on a show would be the day I transfer my seats to a non supporter section.

I don't think anyone really is pushing for their section to be about putting on a show, just want them to be engaged in the match across the south end.

Past couple matches I've brought friends for fun, which leads me to sitting in upper 113 as it's usually not full nor does it have any expectation of having to sing or anything. It does amaze me as I look across the fans, the amount of people who simply chit chat, or have their backs to the pitch for the whole game. As if it's just become a pub to stand around in, with a TV behind them showing a match. I find that rather annoying, as it's distracting to have that constant hum of noise all game, or when things happen in the match and they aren't even reacting. This takes away from the atmosphere for me.

If you don't wanna sing and wave flags, whatever, but in a support section, at least watch the match and shut the fuck up about your work for an hour. That's just me tho.

FRANKIE65
08-11-2015, 10:21 AM
. It does amaze me as I look across the fans, the amount of people who simply chit chat, or have their backs to the pitch for the whole game. As if it's just become a pub to stand around in, with a TV behind them showing a match. I find that rather annoying, as it's distracting to have that constant hum of noise all game, or when things happen in the match and they aren't even reacting. This takes away from the atmosphere for me.

If you don't wanna sing and wave flags, whatever, but in a support section, at least watch the match and shut the fuck up about your work for an hour. That's just me tho.

This for sure!! Like I said, I love to sing/chant/support...but, watching the game while doing so is as important to me. People not doing either (watching/supporting) in the south is the worst. Our section, on days like Saturday just dies after the first few rows. I've said it before...many people are still there for the cheap tickets, and, really don't give a flying F about supporting.

C.Ronaldo
08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
This for sure!! Like I said, I love to sing/chant/support...but, watching the game while doing so is as important to me. People not doing either (watching/supporting) in the south is the worst. Our section, on days like Saturday just dies after the first few rows. I've said it before...many people are still there for the cheap tickets, and, really don't give a flying F about supporting.

just watching can be creepy too, a couple of guys who i think are brothers. jsut stand and watch intensly...not a single word to eachother, and barely a clap. its pretty creepy

Oldtimer
08-11-2015, 11:13 AM
There is no room for talking shit like this.

Every group has their ups and downs, and this isn't the place to talk about other groups.

U-sector has done a lot with regards to Support in Toronto.
in fact, in the early days of the RPB, upstairs at the Rhino, U-sector joined us for a meeting, and helped us learn some songs.
they deserve more respect than what you're giving.

Well said.

And for those who imagine that soccer in Toronto began with TFC, the U-Sector supported the Toronto Lynx in USL for years before that. I remember seeing them try to create atmosphere in an empty stadium with a few hundred soccer moms and kids (and the odd die-hard like myself). They were the only Toronto supporter group at that time, and it took a lot of chutzpah to try to start chants in an environment like that. They deserve some respect just for their history.

Mateo1985
08-11-2015, 11:33 AM
The guys from the original U-sector, are they all still there or did some of them join over SGs?

bigredone
08-11-2015, 11:39 AM
just watching can be creepy too, a couple of guys who i think are brothers. jsut stand and watch intensly...not a single word to eachother, and barely a clap. its pretty creepy

This could very well be me. I do clap and yell, but I do not realize, unless tapped on the shoulder, that people are trying to get around me. I am very into the game. What I have observed is that usually when I clap it tends to get people around me looking towards the pitch. I will clap when we steal the ball or begin a good run and many of those plays will be missed if I was not watching intensely. Quiet with an intense look on my face, yeah, it does seem creepy. I'll buy one of those (Jason) goalie masks to make it lessen the creepy factor.

Pint
08-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Since this is what the topic has come to ill toss my 2 cents... better make that 3cents now so its rounded to a nickle.

For me i don't understand when people buy tickets in the south end with no want or desire to join into what is going on around them. You don't need to be going nuts or necessarily singing every song (although i would prefer it) but i see some people with little interest in whats happening around them or on the field. Also entering the southend it should be with the expectation that you will not see every second of the game, the obstruction is is built into the pricing of the ticket (no how much obstruction is another story and not really something i want to get into).

Nobody should be forced to sing or do anything they don't want to do, but when you enter the south stands it should be with the mind that you want to sing and be rowdy.

Nothing wrong with people that just want to watch the game, i get that "supporting" may not be every ones cup of tea but if you know you don't want to be part of the atmosphere then their are many parts of the stadium to be in. Idk maybe my my thoughts and comments are inflammatory and if so mods feel free to remove.

Mateo1985
08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Since this is what the topic has come to ill toss my 2 cents... better make that 3cents now so its rounded to a nickle.

For me i don't understand when people buy tickets in the south end with no want or desire to join into what is going on around them. You don't need to be going nuts or necessarily singing every song (although i would prefer it) but i see some people with little interest in whats happening around them or on the field. Also entering the southend it should be with the expectation that you will not see every second of the game, the obstruction is is built into the pricing of the ticket (no how much obstruction is another story and not really something i want to get into).

Nobody should be forced to sing or do anything they don't want to do, but when you enter the south stands it should be with the mind that you want to sing and be rowdy.

Nothing wrong with people that just want to watch the game, i get that "supporting" may not be every ones cup of tea but if you know you don't want to be part of the atmosphere then their are many parts of the stadium to be in. Idk maybe my my thoughts and comments are inflammatory and if so mods feel free to remove.

I believe it's the pricing of the south end seats that attract those casual fans to the supporters sections. It's cheaper seats than pretty much any where else in the staduim I believe...

Pint
08-11-2015, 12:06 PM
I believe it's the pricing of the south end seats that attract those casual fans to the supporters sections. It's cheaper seats than pretty much any where else in the staduim I believe...

It is and that in itself is an issue. Some people can't afford other seats and some are too cheap to go to another section. Having another section or two at the same price point would help people who don't want to be in the atmosphere in the south move to an area more suited to what they want, without having to spend more $$$.

OgtheDim
08-11-2015, 12:23 PM
It is and that in itself is an issue. Some people can't afford other seats and some are too cheap to go to another section. Having another section or two at the same price point would help people who don't want to be in the atmosphere in the south move to an area more suited to what they want, without having to spend more $$$.

I thought that was section 115. :leaving:

Red CB Toronto
08-11-2015, 12:32 PM
I would say 118 and especially 119 are designated supporter sections that are pretty chill and keep their focus to the pitch. 119 even though it is a supporters section has a very chill vibe with the boys on the rail.

FRANKIE65
08-11-2015, 12:35 PM

BINGO, Dave. Had they not overpriced the majority of the new east stands, many of the people that don't really belong in the south could move up there.
It has definitely been interesting, at times, in our section this season...fights nearly breaking out, and, we BARELY wave our flags. I can only imagine what is going down, at times, in 114.

Fort York Redcoat
08-11-2015, 12:37 PM
There will always be movement to and from different sections. It's just a noisy process. People have to complain about it before they move. One thing I'd say is that everyone could be looking at moving in a positive light:

I and many others moved to 112 and are seldom beside the same person every game and its great. I know STH are saying how much they enjoy the friendships made over their time in one place but really there are a tonne of people in stadium that are just supporters like yourselves.

I've got high expectations of TFC being able to move people at the end of this season.

Pint
08-11-2015, 12:44 PM
There will always be movement to and from different sections. It's just a noisy process. People have to complain about it before they move. One thing I'd say is that everyone could be looking at moving in a positive light:

I and many others moved to 112 and are seldom beside the same person every game and its great. I know STH are saying how much they enjoy the friendships made over their time in one place but really there are a tonne of people in stadium that are just supporters like yourselves.

I've got high expectations of TFC being able to move people at the end of this season.

Yep it was always going to be a drawn out process, last year was a good step with getting all the groups together. Now it's time to work on the kinks that have come up and push through another positive off season of movement and transition.

Red4ever
08-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Nothing wrong with people that just want to watch the game, i get that "supporting" may not be every ones cup of tea but if you know you don't want to be part of the atmosphere then their are many parts of the stadium to be in.

Let me just flag that everyone has different views on what supporting means. There in lies the disconnect.

I don't think supporting needs flags or flares. Supporting is my cup of tea but I think true supporting involves chants that respond to what goes on on the field. Other just the want to sing for 90 no matter what.

I think at the heart of it, nothing any supporter group does with flags or flares would match an entire south end or stadium singing together which is why its perplexing that the focus isn't on voices before all else. That to me is the essense of support.

Players won't see us all the time, they will hear us.

Pint
08-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Let me just flag that everyone has different views on what supporting means. There in lies the disconnect.

I don't think supporting needs flags or flares. Supporting is my cup of tea but I think true supporting involves chants that respond to what goes on on the field. Other just the want to sing for 90 no matter what.

I think at the heart of it, nothing any supporter group does with flags or flares would match an entire south end or stadium singing together which is why its perplexing that the focus isn't on voices before all else. That to me is the essense of support.

my comment was pointed towards those who do not want to sing at all (the line above the one you quoted), if you are making a positive impact on the atmosphere i consider that "supporting" but place it in quotations due to the varying views on the term.

BuSaPuNk
08-11-2015, 01:30 PM

And as you said everyone has different views and i disagree. Flags and two sticks and smoke help the atmosphere just as much as singing. Its already been shown since we've started club approved smoke we get louder when ita used that is an advantage.

People would look at your comments and say thats the EPL thats the atmosphere you get with just signing. And to a point its right. We've always tried to do anything from anywhere to hep the atmosphere. Were a multicultural city and our support reflects that.

Red4ever
08-11-2015, 02:00 PM
my comment was pointed towards those who do not want to sing at all (the line above the one you quoted), if you are making a positive impact on the atmosphere i consider that "supporting" but place it in quotations due to the varying views on the term.

No disagreement man, just expanding on your point. I think most of your observations are spot on. I was more speaking in general terms that some people disagree with both of us about the nature of the term,

And as you said everyone has different views and i disagree. Flags and two sticks and smoke help the atmosphere just as much as singing. Its already been shown since we've started club approved smoke we get louder when ita used that is an advantage.

People would look at your comments and say thats the EPL thats the atmosphere you get with just signing. And to a point its right. We've always tried to do anything from anywhere to hep the atmosphere. Were a multicultural city and our support reflects that.

You're free to disagree but I'm not sure why it's necessary since my point is only: it's easier to get people to sing than to wave a flag. People have to plan ahead to bring flags, they just to show up to sing. Both contribute to atmosphere and one is easier to achieve.

I'm perplexed by the multicultural comment and don't like the undertones of where that comment is going.

Pint
08-11-2015, 02:02 PM
No disagreement man, just expanding on your point. I think most of your observations are spot on. I was more speaking in general terms that some people disagree with both of us about the nature of the term,

You're free to disagree but I'm not sure why it's necessary since my point is only: it's easier to get people to sing than to wave a flag. People have to plan ahead to bring flags, they just to show up to sing. Both contribute to atmosphere and one is easier to achieve.

I'm perplexed by the multicultural comment and don't like the undertones of where that comment is going.

The multicultural comment i think speaks to people supporting heritages. someone from england, germany, greece, south america etc are all going to have different views on what support is. While just singing is good in one place, it is not in others.

BuSaPuNk
08-11-2015, 02:21 PM

The multicultural comment i think speaks to people supporting heritages. someone from england, germany, greece, south america etc are all going to have different views on what support is. While just singing is good in one place, it is not in others.

Bingo.

Just some examples include:

Different views stem from different aspects of support in there countries. Greece, Croatia, Serbia, ect are used to flags up for 90 and very relient on pyro either smoke or flares in there support.

England, scotland, even Spain and France are turning to standing singing very limited flags type support with almost zero pyrotechnics.

South American support same deal as Greece ect with more emphasis on streamers and confetti with pyrotechnics ect.

Its all relative to counties. This being Toronto and being the most multicultural city in MLS makes our support different then most. Many voices leaning to different ways. Until there is a set way to combine all the great aspects of support there will always been camps protecting there way of support.

And people dont need to bring flags im pretty sure we have between all the groups more then enough to get around. Problem is people make an excuse to not get involved then ask the question to help get them involved.

Red4ever
08-11-2015, 03:11 PM

Again.

Maybe this was lost somewhere in your essay on globalization, but yes, thank you for the random lesson on why multiculturalism makes Toronto a great city and Canada a great country. It really has no bearing on that fact that people can support whichever way they want and all should be welcome.

BuSaPuNk
08-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Again.

Maybe this was lost somewhere in your essay on globalization, but yes, thank you for the random lesson on why multiculturalism makes Toronto a great city and Canada a great country. It really has no bearing on that fact that people can support whichever way they want and all should be welcome.

I dont get where you get this theme that im preaching one over the other or what your insinuation of my comments are that to me is borderline insulting.

C.Ronaldo
08-11-2015, 03:35 PM
I miss the streamers......not sure why the thread title was chosen for a debate about supporting

Red4ever
08-11-2015, 03:36 PM
I dont get where you get this theme that im preaching one over the other or what your insinuation of my comments are that to me is borderline insulting.

Man, I don't think you are, and neither am I, that's the point. You just didn't read correctly in the first place, assumed I meant something I didn't and went on a tangent that for some reason included inferences to culture which had no place in the discussion.

You like supporting one way. I like supporting a different way. We should both be allowed to do that without people guilting us into what "proper support" is. It's what one makes it and I can have have an idea of what I think it should be, without wanting the idea forced on people. Preferences aren't mandates, they are amenable guidelines.

The important thing is that we be as conciliatory as possible to other ideas and "supporters" to foster a better "supporter" (in the highest common denominator sense of the word) atmosphere for all.

Fort York Redcoat
08-11-2015, 03:46 PM
I miss the streamers......not sure why the thread title was chosen for a debate about supporting

Lovely wrap up, Cronny.

I think its time to move away from supporter style and back to the fact of if one wants to march, one can.